Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2007, 11:02 PM   #201
st.cronin
General Manager

The big, complex games are hard for everybody.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #202
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I didn't have much time to talk post game here, but this is what I was going through on day 2:

1) Not many people were around, so the deciding vote of that day appeared to be in my hands. I could either tie it up (What happened in case of a tie Anxiety?), or I could condemn Sami for no reason that I could think of other than he is the one who had votes already.

2) It made no sense to me that Imthecrew would come out with a bogus Bodyguard claim when the bodyguard was knowingly in the game still (We had already discussed the fact that he was still alive that day).

3) it made no sense Hoops would lie about being the bodyguard so late in the day when there wasn't enough time or people to move the vote anyways unless he and Sami were bad. However I don't see how Hoops would put himself in that position as it would make it pretty easy to connect the dots.

4) I ended up voting Sami because I didn't know for sure which one of the two Hoops or Imthecrew were actually lying there, and I assumed that this way we would be able to keep our bodyguard alive over night, since we didn't know which was lying but the bad guys did and to kill the bodyguard would mean to tell us which one was bad.

5) Sami being bad was just luck for me, I picked him for the vote finally to learn more about Hoopsguy than anything to do with Imthecrew. After that death, part of me was leaning more towards Hoops being bad than Imthecrew, I just had a hard time believeing hoops would have made such a transparent play there. I definitly assumed both Imthecrew and Hoops would be alive the following morning.

6) When Hoops died that night, it was obvious that Imthecrew had lied, then the following morning his story he told had 3 holes I pointed out and another 2 that Chief later pointed out. At that point I was just baffled why he would make the move to condemn his teammate and himself
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In case of a tie, an unknown rule would be brought up. That'd be a super secret coin flip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I didn't have much time to talk post game here, but this is what I was going through on day 2:

1) Not many people were around, so the deciding vote of that day appeared to be in my hands. I could either tie it up (What happened in case of a tie Anxiety?), or I could condemn Sami for no reason that I could think of other than he is the one who had votes already.

2) It made no sense to me that Imthecrew would come out with a bogus Bodyguard claim when the bodyguard was knowingly in the game still (We had already discussed the fact that he was still alive that day).

3) it made no sense Hoops would lie about being the bodyguard so late in the day when there wasn't enough time or people to move the vote anyways unless he and Sami were bad. However I don't see how Hoops would put himself in that position as it would make it pretty easy to connect the dots.

4) I ended up voting Sami because I didn't know for sure which one of the two Hoops or Imthecrew were actually lying there, and I assumed that this way we would be able to keep our bodyguard alive over night, since we didn't know which was lying but the bad guys did and to kill the bodyguard would mean to tell us which one was bad.

5) Sami being bad was just luck for me, I picked him for the vote finally to learn more about Hoopsguy than anything to do with Imthecrew. After that death, part of me was leaning more towards Hoops being bad than Imthecrew, I just had a hard time believeing hoops would have made such a transparent play there. I definitly assumed both Imthecrew and Hoops would be alive the following morning.

6) When Hoops died that night, it was obvious that Imthecrew had lied, then the following morning his story he told had 3 holes I pointed out and another 2 that Chief later pointed out. At that point I was just baffled why he would make the move to condemn his teammate and himself

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-19-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #204
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So then I wonder what would have happened if I had gone the other way and Imthecrew had ended up being lynched instead. Would we have then gone after samifan or looked elsewhere instead? (like one of the people who voted sami)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #205
hoopsguy
General Manager

That is the point I raised for how I think ITC should have played it - suggest that the seer take a hard look at the people who voted for the non-wolf in the vote. That we got lucky with the vote on this day, by getting a wolf instead of him, and should definitely focus on those with a more suspicious track record. "I'm not an alien, I voted for an alien yesterday, there are 3 people who didn't, some of who voted for innocent DaddyTorgo on Day 1 as well". Probably works for a day, even better if he gets someone in a key role killed the next day.

Like Sami said, people do try to think out their decisions in short/long term impacts. Or come up with if/then logic that makes the next play clear. But as a wolf, my number #1 priority is finding one person who looks more guilty every single day. That strategy gets you through the day, then you have the ability to change the dynamics with your night actions. In many, many cases you can make entirely new arguments the following day based upon new information (voting records, someone dead, whatever) to help you survive another day.

ITC - there is no reason to beat yourself up over this game. But there is every reason to learn from it so you come back stronger next time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote