Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #301
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #300:
Barkeep - JE (152), Pass (283), Purdue (291)
Hoops - Barkeep (74), Lathum (75)
NTN - KWhit (212), Path (278)
Purdue - Cronin (160)
Cronin - Torgo (162)

Not voted - Celeval, MikeVic, Hoops, NTN, Gonzo
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #302
MikeVic
Head Coach

I want to keep hoopsguy on, since he seems to be doing a lot of the work and helping so far. I'll go with the majority right now and

VOTE BARKEEP

so that hoops has a greater chance to survive today.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #303
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm going to move my vote, which is out of character for me (normally I never move my vote on day 1 except as self preservation). But I feel pretty strongly that we'll benefit from having Barkeep and hoopsguy both around. So:

unvote Will Purdue
Vote ntndeacon

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 PM   #304
hoopsguy
General Manager

If we have a tie between NTN and Barkeep then I believe that Barkeep got the earlier vote - don't think there were any unvotes prior to the first listed votes.

Barkeep - JE (152), Pass (283), Purdue (291), MikeVic (302)
NTN - KWhit (212), Path (278), Cronin (162)
Hoops - Barkeep (74), Lathum (75)
Cronin - Torgo (162)

Not voted - Celeval, Hoops, NTN, Gonzo
Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #305
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have very little interest in posting the vote that buries Barkeep today. I think he is playing a little frustrated at the moment, but I don't think he comes after me with the gusto he did yesterday as a wolf. It just doesn't seem like a value play for their faction to me.

NTN - I have him with a bunch of other people in the middle of my super-solid Day 1 trust list. A spot that he usually occupies in just about every game we play together based on lack of strong impressions. As of right now I'll vote for him instead of BK. And I'll need to put that vote out in about 15-20 minutes as I don't know if I'll be around for the deadline.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #306
MikeVic
Head Coach

You make a good point hoops, and I was voting for Barkeep to make sure you don't go. I don't think either you, Barkeep, or NTN are wolves at this point. I have early suspicions about a couple others, but nothing concrete yet.

I might do an unvote and vote for someone else before the current hour is up.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #307
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm going to go ahead and put a vote in on Barkeep. He didn't really answer my question about his confusing statements yesterday, and he still has his vote on hoops, who really seems to be part of helping the village.

VOTE BARKEEP49
What question? I thought I had quoted you earlier and asked for you to restate any questions you wanted me to answer. Hoops asked a question which I dutifully answered.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #308
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mike, what have you seen in NTN's play so far that makes you think he is not a wolf, other than just the statistical likelihood that more players are villagers than wolves?

I've obviously put more thought into Barkeep's position/play than just about anyone else in the game, given his early vote on me. If there is something specific about NTN's play that says villager then I'll look hard at voting for another candidate.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM   #309
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm fine with NTN being voted off since he's so dangerous UTR. I'm going to be around at lynch but will move my vote that direction now, though obviously it is in my self defense as well.

Unvote hoopsguy
Vote NTN
Old 08-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #310
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY
VOTE NTNDEACON

lets keep it close.

Obviously NTN will vote for barkeep and vice versa
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #311
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I'd say hoops is off the hook.

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #312
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmmm, interesting.

looks like me and Barkeep are now tied together
Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #313
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dueling bandwagons emerging! First Barkeep, now NTN.

Votes as of Post #310:
NTN - KWhit (212), Path (278), Cronin (303), Barkeep (309), Lathum (310)
Barkeep - JE (152), Pass (283), Purdue (291), MikeVic (302)
Cronin - Torgo (162)

Not voted - Celeval, Hoops, NTN, Gonzo
Old 08-07-2007, 04:38 PM   #314
st.cronin
General Manager

If and when ntn shows up, he'll almost certainly vote for BK, which means that BK is essentially in the lead.

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #315
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm now in a position where I can post freely in terms of today's vote. With a 5-4 race right now and heading out the door, I'm pretty much compelled to vote for one of these guys or it is a throwaway.

Guys that have personally made me a little nervous: KWhit, Pass, MikeVic. However, I'm not going to be around to lead a largely aimless Day 1 charge at any of these guys so I'll vote on one of the leaders. I'm not expecting deadline voting challenges going forward ...

VOTE NTNDEACON
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #316
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Mike, what have you seen in NTN's play so far that makes you think he is not a wolf, other than just the statistical likelihood that more players are villagers than wolves?

I've obviously put more thought into Barkeep's position/play than just about anyone else in the game, given his early vote on me. If there is something specific about NTN's play that says villager then I'll look hard at voting for another candidate.

I may be wrong, but I believe NTN was first to suggest using 4 step-it-ups at a time. Which we haev been running with since then, and makes so much sense. Why would a wolf give such a key piece of strategy?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #317
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is it usually a smart move to mention who you think could be a wolf, and why? Even if it's a wild stab out there?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #318
MikeVic
Head Coach

Also, I hope that

DaddyTorgo, Celeval, Path, PurdueBrad

all put in their step-it-ups!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #319
path12
Coordinator

Jack Parkman is out until much later tonight.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #320
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Is it usually a smart move to mention who you think could be a wolf, and why? Even if it's a wild stab out there?

absolutly.

It is very suspiscous to hit and run as we call it.

It is also considered bad form, even though there are times I do it on purpose.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #321
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, I hope that

Jack Parkman did.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #322
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Also, I hope that

I still think we need 5
Old 08-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #323
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I think DT needs to be looked at closer considering his throw away vote.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #324
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- I think DT needs to be looked at closer considering his throw away vote.

It was hardly a throw away vote, he tried very hard to talk people into voting for me.

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #325
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
It was hardly a throw away vote, he tried very hard to talk people into voting for me.

lol, true.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:58 PM   #326
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
What question? I thought I had quoted you earlier and asked for you to restate any questions you wanted me to answer. Hoops asked a question which I dutifully answered.

I replied to that post, and asked a question. You posted later in the thread, but didn't answer the question. Perhaps you missed it? I gave you a while to answer it, before voting for you.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #327
MikeVic
Head Coach

Ok, well, the first name that comes to mind is KWhit. He first voted for NTN, who I believe isn't a wolf, with the convenience added that he just didn't want to choose sides in the Barkeep vs hoops battle. But that's the only cause for suspicion I have right now.

The second name that comes to mind is path12. It could just be his character's personality, but he volunteered at least twice to step-it-up. But then he said we should put another high-class player to test out the talent/movie role theory. But someone also mentioned that a wolf could use "I only have a couple step-it-ups left" as a reason why they're hanging around. He voted for hoops without an explanation, until I asked about it. But his reason sounded solid enough. The vote also happened to be NTN, but I would think the wolves would disguise their actions better than back-to-back votes.

So that's what I'm thinking right now. I don't think hoops or NTN are wolves, so that leaves me voting for Barkeep right now to keep the other two aboard.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #328
MikeVic
Head Coach

Dola,

The "but then he said we should put another high-class player to test out the talent/movie role theory" is an argument that he isn't a wolf. It sounds like I made it an argument that supports him being a wolf.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #329
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I replied to that post, and asked a question. You posted later in the thread, but didn't answer the question. Perhaps you missed it? I gave you a while to answer it, before voting for you.

For the record, I'm referring to post 249. There's a lot of sentiment in here that we don't want to off Barkeep, since he will be valuable in later days, and I do see that -- ntn always makes me nervous since he doesn't post much, which is a double-edged sword for him, since he makes me suspect him more, and doesn't help the village as much. But I think Barkeep is getting a pass based on his history in previous games. That said, I'm willing to change my vote if he answers my question satisfactorily -- that's always been my MO.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #330
MikeVic
Head Coach

Double Dola,

And so right now I think that one of KWhit or path12 are wolves (maybe both?), but as you can see I have nothing solid.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #331
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
We'll get some information on who "steps up" based on the results post from Chief Rum. That should help us start getting a sense of who ranks where in terms of importance. The Scout should be able to augment that if/when he reveals info. I think his value comes in helping us catch a wolf in a lie - viewing someone as high talent who doesn't get their result to come into play when they say they step up, for example. But we should be able to start working on a rough list without his info as we get deeper in the game.

I'm clearly in favor of a structured approach to the "step it up" performances, but I don't want to cram it down people's throats. So, here are some questions I have on how to examine what I've put out there:
- is five the right number of people to have submit a "step it up" performance per night? Too many or too few?
- is there a better way of selecting who goes each night than the number listed in the "Player List"?

sorry if we have the answers to these already, but I think 5 is a good number. we can not have less than 4 I think with 2 wolves and a possible conversion (bribe) to make a collaborator, that 4 would be the minimum but 5 gives us a little safety room. I like it.

only other way to do it than by player list is alphabetically by screen name. I think the player list we have is sufficient though.
ntndeacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #332
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree that we want a random distribution for step ups today, and likely tomorrow. I still think 5 is too many to give us good info though.

However 3 is too few. I would be ok with 4 but not less than that.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #333
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so we are close to the deadline.

who are the 4 people submiting?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #334
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I have very little interest in posting the vote that buries Barkeep today. I think he is playing a little frustrated at the moment, but I don't think he comes after me with the gusto he did yesterday as a wolf. It just doesn't seem like a value play for their faction to me.

NTN - I have him with a bunch of other people in the middle of my super-solid Day 1 trust list. A spot that he usually occupies in just about every game we play together based on lack of strong impressions. As of right now I'll vote for him instead of BK. And I'll need to put that vote out in about 15-20 minutes as I don't know if I'll be around for the deadline.

In my defense, I did mention the need for a schedule for stepping it up early on. (If Iremember right even before you did hoops.) Granted it was just the kernel of that idea, but it was an important thing to look at as we have all seen I believe.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #335
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so we are close to the deadline.

who are the 4 people submiting?

I listed who I thought is supposed to submit a little further up this page:

DaddyTorgo, Celeval, Path, PurdueBrad. Those were taken from the last post I saw with names listed on the previous page.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #336
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well it looks as if Iam pretty much a goner. I can say how much I liked this chance to be in the bigs. I learned a lot from my mentor, Mr. Taylor.

I do think that path is suspicious. he sems like he is playing an out in front wolf. And he seems to play that role so well.
So that is where I am going.

Vote Path
Old 08-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #337
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just got in. Will submit now
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:47 PM   #338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

yes. I find it can help stimulate other people's thoughts. And if you die, best not to take anything to the grave with you
Old 08-07-2007, 05:47 PM   #339
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I know we've got a lot going on now, but I want to get back to this point, which I didn't get to reply to this morning. First off, sorry I accused you of whining! Secondly, while I didn't follow a lot of what you said earlier yesterday, the thing that really makes me scratch my head is where you talk about hoops gunning for you, when all he had done was talk about the rules, and you had already put a vote on him, leading a mini-bandwagon (maybe lathum's vote would have come out for hoops either way, but the point remains that hoops is in the lead now). Can you explain what you meant by that?
Of course. People naturally go after those who have gone after them. To me hoops was very subtly building a case against me at that time. I referenced this, when asked before, with post numbers of where he was giving innuendo against me without actually giving a vote. I'll further point out that this has played out largely in the way that I stated, where others would pick up his banner and vote against me, without him having to do so. Nothing in this game, right now, is different for me than how hoops would play this as a wolf, such as sidetracking us to this discussion of stepping it up, rather than concentrating on finding the wolves. This is not to say he is a wolf, since part of what makes him a good wolf is how villagerish he is, but again nothing says to me "aha, he must be human".
Old 08-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #340
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nice vote-change there to swing it onto ntn cronin. Managed to sneak it in without much fanfare hmm? interesting...and on D2 you can claim "well it was a D1 vote"

guys...cronin is smelling more and more rotten by the minute to me. And lathum earns a raised-eyebrow for not noticing how hard i've been trying to get people to vote for cronin/trying to throw suspiscion onto me.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #341
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and my vote isn't moving fyi. i've played with cronin enough times as a wolf...something is tickling me about him already this game. now like I said, maybe i'm wrong. But given his extremely defensive reaction to what was a single D1 vote...I don't know. He's too smart a player to make that kind of "mistake" play, but maybe I tweaked something in him and made him defensive when he didn't mean to be? One of those posts where you post it and then go "oh shoot" right after you hit submit...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #342
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
nice vote-change there to swing it onto ntn cronin. Managed to sneak it in without much fanfare hmm? interesting...and on D2 you can claim "well it was a D1 vote"

guys...cronin is smelling more and more rotten by the minute to me. And lathum earns a raised-eyebrow for not noticing how hard i've been trying to get people to vote for cronin/trying to throw suspiscion onto me.

Ladies and gentlemen, playing the role of Alan T this game ... DaddyTorgo!

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, playing the role of Alan T this game ... DaddyTorgo!

LOL
Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #344
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

quiet deadline
Old 08-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #345
st.cronin
General Manager

No vote from Celeval, right? Or PurdueBrad?

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #346
st.cronin
General Manager

I submitted a "step it up" order, ftr.

knives out
Old 08-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #347
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No vote from Celeval, right? Or PurdueBrad?

I submitted and submitted my baseball powers. Thanks for switching your vote btw, wasn't quite sure what I did to deserve it.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #348
hoopsguy
General Manager

Missed votes also translate into lost "step it ups", which is not ideal.

NTN, assuming that you weren't blowing smoke near the end I'm sorry to hear that we lost a faithful Indian today.

So, I'm curious to see if there are going to be surprises with the "step it up" stuff today - did people follow the plan or chase after glory on their own?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #349
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Figures. Probably the one day I will need to rush because of my other job, I hit massive traffic because some boob couldn't hook his boat up to his trailer right.

Sorry for the wait, everyone. Tabulating votes right now.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #350
Celeval
Pro Starter

Crap - sorry, had some home stuff happen and couldn't get online an hour ago like I planned.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote