Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #301
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

deadline. tabulating votes.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #302
Barkeep49
Coordinator

FTR: as of 9:04 there were 6 players in the thread (BK, Arlington, hoops, PB, Real, and saldana). This has been important int he past on close votes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #303
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
FTR: as of 9:04 there were 6 players in the thread (BK, Arlington, hoops, PB, Real, and saldana). This has been important int he past on close votes.

leaving me out for a reason? going to try to pin something on me later BK?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #304
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Day 1 End:

Votes:

Nominee - Voter (Post #)

PurdueBrad (3) - Passacaglia (#149), st.cronin (#235), Antmeister (#244)
st.cronin (5) - render (#156), Eaglefan (#218), DaddyTorgo (#230), Saldana (#277), arlingtoncolt (#297)
Render (2) - realdeal (#163), jeheinz72 (#173)
RealDeal (1) - ntndeacon (#180)
Barkeep (1) - oliegirl (#203)
Arlingtoncolt (4) - path12 (#212), hoopsguy (#250), Barkeep49 (#264), PurdueBrad (#267)

No votes:
Chief Rum

You all input your choices into Neon Chaos' mainframe. With the vote secure, the old computer lights up. One of the screens displays a message.

TARGET ACQUIRED.
DEMOBILIZIATION COMMENCING.

A small inverted obelisk shoots out from the central air ducts above Neon Chaos. It shoots out a blue laser towards st.cronin. Cronin is stunned, and then he drops down to the steel floor, unconscious. Some kind of levitation beam is then emmited from the same obelisk where the stun ray shot out. St.Cronin is placed inside the Degenetization Chamber... a transparent enclosed space that opened up as a wall panel moved. The chamber is closed... st.cronin slowly gains consciousness... he panics... "I'M NOT INFECTED! I'M NOT INFECTED! PLEASE! DEAR GOD... NO..."

A blinding flash of light. St.cronin is gone. You turn towards Neon Chaos' monitors, anticipating good news.

DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: PROJECT - VILLAGER

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 13 HOURS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

As much as you can decipher... st.cronin was a villager. You must wait until the chamber recharges before you can use it again. The Wolf Virus is still out there...

NIGHT 1 has begun. Deadline for Night Actions will be at 10:00 AM CST
Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Poor cronin.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #306
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

Barkeep, I'm also interested in a couple of the people who were here within about ten minutes of the vote but bailed when things looked set.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #307
hoopsguy
General Manager

This happens to Cronin more than a lot of other people.

Hopefully we will be able to look back on this vote and learn something later in the game. Quite a bit of movement for a "random Day 1" vote.

Going into lockdown mode for the extended night phase - that is one of the things I really like about the 24 hour day/night games ... you can keep talking the whole time.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM   #308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I feel like we had a little more structure to our discussion, because of the non random nature of the wolves, than we normally would on D1.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #309
saldana
Pro Starter

i think this was better than the regular day one...we can probably find something worthwhile in all of the action....personally i am interested in some of the hit and run votes
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #310
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with you guys. I haven't seen a truly valuable day one but I think this may be one. The hit and run votes are big, I agree.

Antmeister's is one. He talked about narrowing suspects, then when the game swung, he didn't move his vote to keep with his theory of narrowing suspects. Now, I'll need help with this though, because his vote was on me so I'm a bit biased, but it just seemed odd that if his reasoning was to "thin the herd of suspects" that he didn't move.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #311
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I agree with you guys. I haven't seen a truly valuable day one but I think this may be one. The hit and run votes are big, I agree.

Antmeister's is one. He talked about narrowing suspects, then when the game swung, he didn't move his vote to keep with his theory of narrowing suspects. Now, I'll need help with this though, because his vote was on me so I'm a bit biased, but it just seemed odd that if his reasoning was to "thin the herd of suspects" that he didn't move.

That's interesting, I didn't move my vote because there was no information to make me turn to someone else. You had the most votes at the time and all the the sudden people switched like crazy. And considering most of those votes went to a villager, that is more suspicious since cronin was piled upon at the last moment for no other valid reason.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #312
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I agree that this vote might be useful, although I've learned that you can often get yourself in trouble making too many conclusions from day 1 voting.

Also, just fyi, I often don't close my web browser when I'm done looking at a site. So I will probably appear to be online 24 hours I day, just because my comp is on and open to this thread. In fact, right now I think my work comp is on and open to this site. Probably some other folks do this too, so don't assume that the person is actually always at their seat monitoring the thread just because they show up as currently viewing.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #313
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

to answer the question about why I voted for RealDeal...Basically it was a shot in the dark at someone off the list. Just used his confusion at the start of noight 0 as a nominial reason, but that is about it.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #314
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
That's interesting, I didn't move my vote because there was no information to make me turn to someone else. You had the most votes at the time and all the the sudden people switched like crazy. And considering most of those votes went to a villager, that is more suspicious since cronin was piled upon at the last moment for no other valid reason.

That is interesting. So there was no information that led you to believe it was me other than thinning the suspects and then when the vote flipped, then you started to look for evidence? Talk about thin.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #315
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry all. I had to step away for a bit earlier after having a very short time to post to spend tome with my daughters before they went to bed. I ended up falling asleep on the couch after that, this work schedule has been running me ragged.

It looks like we got a crappy result with the vote and I apologize if it ends up being my original vote that did it. I really had no read on cronin, but then I didn't in the first game I played either (as he went wolf ripped my head off at the end of that one).

It does look like we have a lot of vote movement so that may give us some good clues to go with. I'll have to take some time to see what the posts look like tonight (until I get too tired that is).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:51 PM   #316
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wish Eaglesfan was around as he has had good reads in both games I've played with him and he is still on Cronin but w/o explanation. I would like to hear his side.

Sorry, no real explanation. Barring a major reveal I have no idea who to vote for and I didn't realize there would be a surge towards him at the time as it was pretty spread out.

I've said since before the game started that I wanted to vote for cronin so I just stuck with that plan... see post 58

I think day one votes look like they can start to tell us something in later days but actually knowing who to vote for on day one is pretty much a crapshoot.

Oh, and it's EagleFan, no 's'.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 PM   #317
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
Also, just fyi, I often don't close my web browser when I'm done looking at a site. So I will probably appear to be online 24 hours I day, just because my comp is on and open to this thread. In fact, right now I think my work comp is on and open to this site. Probably some other folks do this too, so don't assume that the person is actually always at their seat monitoring the thread just because they show up as currently viewing.

Good point. I do the same thing at times.

BK & Render, my "obvious" vote was just a reference to my oft-stated rule of voting someone who hasn't checked in day 1. In hindsight it is plain that I could have phrased that more clearly.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 AM   #318
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, not sure I wouldn't have voted for cronin myself on the "I always supect cronin" platform, but that's a shame we lost not only a villager, but an experienced and high quality player as well.

I am going to put in a vote in the hopes Neon will accept it, because I will likely face the same situation tomorrow as today. Wednesday through Friday will be much more free, with me available at and after the deadline.

I haven't decided where to put my vote yet.

I do agree it's quite likely we had an interesting vote or two today that will become more interesting when we have a little more information.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #319
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
I agree that this vote might be useful, although I've learned that you can often get yourself in trouble making too many conclusions from day 1 voting.

I'm pretty sure the site logs you out automatically if you are inactive for 5-10 minutes.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #320
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Oh, and it's EagleFan, no 's'.

My bad Eagle, I've probably done that to you like thirty times in the games we've played!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #321
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE SALDANA
Old 10-02-2007, 06:57 AM   #322
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I doubt that vote will count, as it is before night actions, but I am leaving soon, so it is what it is.

I don't have much to go on, and I doubt I would stick with this vote after another day's discussions. I decided to go with the last cronin vote that wasn't a self-preservation vote. That's it. I didn't see any other action of saldana's that tells me he's a wolf; I'm just playing a slight increase in the odds.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #323
RendeR
Coordinator

Some very interesting moves right at the end last night, this will require some in depth review *which I'll begin at work this afternoon* Gotta spend some quality time with the little princess and lordly one. They're being pretty awesome kids this morning.

I'm sure the machine's readout is correct, but I'll believe Cronin was/is a wolf until my dying breath The man is a wolf even when he isn't.He's that good.(grins, sorry Cronin!)

And Eagle, I believe I was the actual first vote on Cronin, I'm going to look very closely at those last hour or two jumps in the voting. Someone wanted to save Arlington Colt pretty badly to be that obvious and I think perhaps we should start with AC today.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 AM   #324
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

The only reason I was saved was because of my self-preservation vote. I was put on the chopping block because I'm more of an "under the radar" type of player. If you look at my voting history in all games I tend to vote really well and I get a pretty good read on what's what. I don't always throw my theories out there, because some of the more experienced wolves would turn it around on me and poof.. I would be a dead villager. So to try and pin the.. "oh he's an under the radar wolf" role on me would be obsurd. Also, I'm sorry about my voting history last game... I did miss a vote due to internet issues at home. These have been all clear since. I will be placing my vote this week after we see some evidence of the voting trend. People were willing to move to me very quickly and my vote will most likely go to one of those, barring any reveals.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #325
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

path12 you voted for me first... and you said it was "for obvious reasons" is it because I'm horrible at this game? Or did I do something that you found suspicious? EagleFan scares me as far as being a wolf. I have seen him play the last few games as a villager and he has always had amazing reads on people. IF I was the Alpha Wolf he would be one of my first picks (a new strong player who doesn't have any grudges on him from past games).
Old 10-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #326
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
The only reason I was saved was because of my self-preservation vote. I was put on the chopping block because I'm more of an "under the radar" type of player. If you look at my voting history in all games I tend to vote really well and I get a pretty good read on what's what. I don't always throw my theories out there, because some of the more experienced wolves would turn it around on me and poof.. I would be a dead villager. So to try and pin the.. "oh he's an under the radar wolf" role on me would be obsurd. Also, I'm sorry about my voting history last game... I did miss a vote due to internet issues at home. These have been all clear since. I will be placing my vote this week after we see some evidence of the voting trend. People were willing to move to me very quickly and my vote will most likely go to one of those, barring any reveals.

I understand what you're saying about being a quieter player (being sort of one myself). But you need to understand that just making votes is a small process of being an effective villager. We need peoples thoughts and theories -- just as we need to pick apart and parse those when they are revealed. THAT is how we get wolves. My suggestion (worth what it cost) is that you need to get over that and jump in and participate. Worst case you get lynched as a villager. Tough. That's what a plain villager is for.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #327
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
path12 you voted for me first... and you said it was "for obvious reasons" is it because I'm horrible at this game? Or did I do something that you found suspicious? EagleFan scares me as far as being a wolf. I have seen him play the last few games as a villager and he has always had amazing reads on people. IF I was the Alpha Wolf he would be one of my first picks (a new strong player who doesn't have any grudges on him from past games).

I voted for you because I had to run and you hadn't checked in. Nothing more.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #328
hoopsguy
General Manager

AC, I'm hoping that we have more of an opportunity to interact this game than the last one we played. I definitely won't be voting for you by virtue of "inactive, non-posting player" if you are around and able to participate like you are at the moment.

There might be other reasons that emerge to vote for you (aren't there always for everyone, no matter how they play?), but I certainly don't want you to feel like you are getting targeted unfairly or that we are collectively trying to tell you how you have to play the game.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #329
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I will speak my mind more freely in this game then. If it hangs me...Oh well... It also takes a new player awhile to get to know the personalities of the veterans. I am the type of person that doesn't rush to judgement on people, and its hard anyways with the nature of this being a "who's the best liar" type of game Imo there are wolves who voted for myself and St. Cronin... my vote will be towards someone who voted for one of us, possibly to save PurdueBrad.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #330
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I will speak my mind more freely in this game then. If it hangs me...Oh well... It also takes a new player awhile to get to know the personalities of the veterans. I am the type of person that doesn't rush to judgement on people, and its hard anyways with the nature of this being a "who's the best liar" type of game Imo there are wolves who voted for myself and St. Cronin... my vote will be towards someone who voted for one of us, possibly to save PurdueBrad.

Should be fun, AC! What do you think of saldana's late vote switch?

(I hate talking while night actions are pending, but I like the convo going on now)
Old 10-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #331
hoopsguy
General Manager

The problem is that the "best liars" are often on your team

I'll probably have more to say on this post after results are up, assuming I'm around.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #332
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
So we didn't learn anything last night, except that Cronin was a villager All the vote switching near deadline is interesting, I'm sorry I wasn't around...I'll be around for deadline tonight though.

I have a few things I'm leaning toward for vote today, but I want to get my backup organized before I post a vote.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:34 AM   #333
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

AC, I had wondered as well about some of the late switching "to save me." I'll be honest, even with my pleas, I figured I was a goner with about an hour to go. While I hate to turn on people that "saved" me, it would be a smart way for a wolf to gain my trust I guess by saving me while still eliminating another villager.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #334
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Right now, the players that I would like to see/hear more from are:

Antmeister
Eaglefan (AC has an interesting theory as a wolf pick assuming the Alpha is somebody that would've played with Eagle before)
Arlington Colt (who is currently being pretty open)
Old 10-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #335
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Honestly saldana's moves just look like a confused villager... could be a villager in sheep's clothing though I'll have to analyze some more.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #336
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What does a villager in sheep's clothing mean?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #337
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Hah i meant wolves... sorry
Old 10-02-2007, 09:55 AM   #338
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What does a villager in sheep's clothing mean?

Yeah, that's kind of kinky. Didn't Johnny Drama on Entourage have a run-in like that?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:59 AM   #339
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So you're saying his move could be villager, or could be wolf?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #340
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Night 1:

You wake up and head out into the hall. You notice that someone is missing. PurdueBrad didn't come out of his room. You all rush over to his quarters and find that the numeric keypad to his door has been tampered with. You open the door and are greeted by the ghastly sight of PurdueBrad's body. His face is contorted in a mask of pain, his throat ripped out. A couple of you try not to vomit, as the disgusting stench of death invades your senses. You take PurdueBrad's body and place it inside the Degenetization Chamber. You puunch-in your individual codes into Neon Chaos, and he whirrs into life. A blinding flash of light dissolves PurdueBrad's body. You watch the monitors with baited anticipation.

DEGENETIZATION COMPLETE.
ANALYZING PARTICLES.
GENETICS CONFIRMED.
ANALYSIS COMPLETE.

SPECIMEN ANALYSIS: CODENAME - SEER

CHAMBER RECHARGING.
EST. RECHARGE TIME: 11 HOURS.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

Things do not bode well. You eye each other in suspicion. A very long day lies ahead.

Day 2 Begins. Night results are being passed out.

As a heads up, I might be out tonight, my boss is having his bi-monthly poker game and I was invited. Deadline is still at 9PM CST. Same rules apply.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #341
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well villagers, at least you guys didn't lynch me. Best of luck, sorry.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #342
RealDeal
High School Varsity

oof
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #343
Passacaglia
Coordinator

oh damn
Old 10-02-2007, 10:07 AM   #344
hoopsguy
General Manager

That is why I moved my vote off of him last night - he wasn't over the top on his reveal, but he made it pretty clear he was the seer. I'll walk people through it if they want to see it - it is pretty clear that the wolves picked up on this and the bodyguard did not.

Guess we hope that there was a Fool in this game and that it was Purdue.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #345
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

That one stings.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #346
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
That is why I moved my vote off of him last night - he wasn't over the top on his reveal, but he made it pretty clear he was the seer. I'll walk people through it if they want to see it - it is pretty clear that the wolves picked up on this and the bodyguard did not.

Guess we hope that there was a Fool in this game and that it was Purdue.

I'd love to see that, if nothing else but to see a recap of what he did/didn't point out as far as clues.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #347
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops, let me recommend that you read posts 126, 199, 223, and 241 all together.

For those who are interested in going back to read posts, what word appears in each of them?

Purdue, I think you did a pretty nice job in giving us information to make a good decision with last night's vote without coming out with a full reveal. I'm guessing if we had a 24 hour cycle that you would have had a better chance of living, but with the 12 hour cycle there was more time for people to analyze the vote movements, posts, etc. There is probably a good post-game discussion to be had on reveals around this.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:12 AM   #348
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Barkeep, I can't fault you for seeing it this way and making your choice as such. I haven't played as much with you which is the simple reason I didn't appeal to you. But if you can see this possibility, I'm hoping others will as well.

Here was Purdue's next post after the hint to look back at four posts. Continues the theme.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #349
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow, I didn't *see* that at all until looking back just now. Wolves -- did you guys catch that, or did you just get lucky?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #350
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

This was the part that I was not willing to comment on immediately after you posted. I can't speak for the other people who moved votes away from PurdueBrad, but I've now laid out my reasons for going in another direction with my vote. Needless to say, I don't view trying to save the (now revealed) seer as sinister.