Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #451
st.cronin
General Manager

Anxiety + path12 = twins/lovers?

This makes a certain amount of sense to me, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that neither could be a demon.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #452
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, I guess they could be masons too.

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #453
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I dislike not voting, so I will be casting a vote. Unfortunately, I won't be around to defend or modify it, but that's not the end of the world because I'm voting for someone who doesn't have any votes on him yet.

Passacaglia has been around all day, but still (if my thread review is right) hasn't done anything yet. (Unlike DT, who wasn't around all day when he hadn't done anything yet... OK, maybe I'm reaching for reasons why this is better than my first vote...)

VOTE Passacaglia

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #454
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm not really a fan of all these random votes.

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #455
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

+1
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #456
saldana
Pro Starter

well, since i have been criticized and accused by our revered head of God's Church on Earth for turning the tide towards a well known sinner, with no way of knowing the actually tried to perform some good in his life, i will be withholding my last action until his grace points me in the direction which Our Lord has directed him.

this humble Minister to the masses awaits your guidance, your grace
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #457
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

my inclination when i see shotgun voting like that is to vote for one of the voters, as i feel like i am being spread out on purpose...the only people that would want to spread the vote out would be wolves, putting targets on numerous villagers to generate a villager vs. villager showdown.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #458
st.cronin
General Manager

What the heck, is saldana saying he's going to vote with the Bishop?

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #459
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

it would seem so
Old 10-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #460
RendeR
Coordinator

I hate day one votes on day 2.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #461
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:

And what would be wrong with that? Clearly, the Friar has seen the error of his ways, and he has chosen nothing more but to follow that whom the Lord has chosen to save his flock.

Has anyone seen the Mason, by chance? He has eluded scrutiny by far... if not for the Peon's vote. The Blacksmith holds a vote as well... thrown into suspicion by the Goldsmith. The Lord Liege has also chosen to have the Shepard to stand trial.

Decisions, decisions. I must pray to the Lord for guidance...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #462
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I hate day one votes on day 2.

Now that;s a sentiment I agree with.

So, who to vote for. (Oh, by the way, I had Red Lobster - delicious!).

WHo has votes on them that are legitimate vote targets? Pass, RendeR, cronin and Schmiditity, right? Did I miss any others?

We shoudl start narrowing it down, rather than continuing random.vote.com. U agree with Lathum in that if we do random votes, we should just work on teh cathedral, but I recognize that some migh want to wait, since you can't change a vote to work or vice vers, which makes this gam ea little different than other ones.

If we want to narrow things down, then lets looka t those who have votes on them and see if any of thsoe people hold up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #463
Schmidty
Coordinator

So I got a random vote from path. I guess he's expecting a counter-vote, since I am percieved to be an emotional player, instead of building the temple/cathedral. Very, very wolfish IMO; however, I'm not falling for that:

WORK ON ROOF
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #464
Schmidty
Coordinator

And here is my second action (instead of retaliating at the wolfish action of path):

WORK ON ARTWORK
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 PM   #465
Schmidty
Coordinator

Seriously though. Why in the freaking world would someone that is working for the good, waste a vote on a random person out of nowhere, instead of working on the thing that will win us the game????

I can't think of a reason other than a wolf trying to provoke someone they think they can control.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #466
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan it would be most helpful if you would EXPLAIN YOUR HUNCH!!!!!! Otherwise, there's just not anything anybody can say, is there?

Well thats the rub here.. If my hunch is right, explaining it would possibly draw enough attention to what I'm trying to do and mess it up. If I am wrong, then by all means I will be happy to explain it to you all. That is why I am pretty interested in what Path had to say about Anxiety, because it could help me figure out better on where I stand on this hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
There is no further explanation coming, because I've said what I'm going to say on the subject. The vote was tied at the time, I believe(d) and I don't know if first votes was tiebreaker or not.

If you want to use that as a basis for a vote, feel free. You will pay the consequences for it later.

That sounds like a threat! Fine, if you don't want to explain things, then so be it. We have seen in recent games how being open with information has helped out the villagers and since you have already pretty much put yourself out there as a linked role of some sort, if you're bad then well its understandable why you aren't revealing more. if you are good, the bad guys and everyone else already know it and probably will be looking your way anyhows.. So I don't understand why only go half way. Its just like the seer in the last game (I didn't play in it, but read along as I had time), where he only halfway hinted and the wolves picked up on it and the villagers got no information from it. I see the same thing happening here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
By the way, I was wondering about this. How exactly am I tied to Cronin or Render? I vouched for Anxiety, that's all. This statement sounds like we've all been playing off of each other, which I'm not aware of. It seems an awfully big net to cast and comes off as trying to push attention in other directions.

I dunno, perhaps I'm seeing too much into things here, but I saw Cronin somewhat defending both Anxiety and Render in a passive aggressive manner yesterday, Path as well was defending Anxiety yesterday and today.. I usually don't have a good reason for defending someone on day 1 without a role that leads me to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
The cathedral must be completed, and an inquisition awaits! There has been much tribulation, the Lord Liege has accused, and the peasants dare answer to their master!?

What manner of fiefdom is this!? Are we in such a world that commonfolk are allowed to speak their mind? They merely need only to follow the teachings of the Holy Mother Church, and the will of our God, and salvation is assured!

And what of you, Lord Liege? Is this the limit of your power? You fail to take reins of your own fief, and your subjects openly accuse you of madness!

The Butcher and the Peon seem to have an intricate bond. Lovers, perhaps? Or are you party to the occult? A matter that might seem so trivial, and yet, so intriguing.

And what of the Friar? Why have we so blindly turned our eye away from him, when it was he who led astray the flock, and murdered the one blessed by the Lord with sight?

I am taken by concern... these beings appear to toy with us mortals, and we, like puppets hung from a string, dance to their pleasure.

Alas, there is much work to be done. The cathedral MUST be completed. Rest assured, however, that you will get a vote from me. There will be an inquisition tonight!

Work on Carpentry

Trying to get a rise out of me or some clue to what my power might or might not be? I don't see my subjects declaring me to be mad, and as of yet none of shown enough lack of faith to place a vote for me. Just because they do not fully understand my insight does not mean that I shall abandon them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't really agree with this. I think it is better to spread out our work until we know how much damage can be done.

I disagree with this statement. Someone else did too, I don't remember who though in my reading through of the thread. Since one of the roles can protect only one section of the castle, we have a much better chance of him protecting it and blocking the wolves in a 1/4 situation than a 1/5 or 1/6 situation. It seems to me we are better off finishing off a section and then starting on the next.

Quote:
Anxiety + path12 = twins/lovers?

This makes a certain amount of sense to me, but it wouldn't necessarily mean that neither could be a demon.

I dunno, I guess its possible. If this is the case, then it likely would mean my hunch is pure bunk. Since Path isn't sharing anything, we can speculate all day and never know if we're right.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #467
Schmidty
Coordinator

I would love to hear why path would vote for me, a very important member of the team, instead of helping us win.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #468
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I would love to hear why path would vote for me, a very important member of the team, instead of helping us win.

Finishing the Cathedral does not guarentee winning, the thing has to stay intact for a full day/night cycle for the win.

And even then its only a minor victory. For a major victory we need to flush out the demons.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #469
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Path's play has been very strange to this point but I think I know why
Old 10-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #470
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I have finished my prayers. Why carry out to throw someone into inquisition when it is clear that he could have instead helped build the Lord's cathedral? That, and blindly proclaiming that the Butcher is innocent without ample proof. The Peon smells foul, indeed.

Vote path12
Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #471
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll throw my second action out now as little compelling has come out. I am start to be curious though about the people choosing to vote for others when I think we could get close to finishing the cathedral (if my math is right). I will use my second act, same as the first:

Work on carpentry
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #472
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Finishing the Cathedral does not guarentee winning, the thing has to stay intact for a full day/night cycle for the win.

And even then its only a minor victory. For a major victory we need to flush out the demons.

Thanks for the clarification, but his actions just don't seem to be productive.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #473
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Path's play has been very strange to this point but I think I know why

Do you think we should vote for him or not?

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #474
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Do you think we should vote for him or not?

yes I do

Unvote Render
Vote Path

for the record, I still think Render is more suspicous.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #475
st.cronin
General Manager

If you think we should vote for him, I think you should explain why?

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #476
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If you think we should vote for him, I think you should explain why?

mmm...

I think he is the duke
Old 10-16-2007, 08:18 PM   #477
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
mmm...

I think he is the duke

Because of his threat against me? I have a feeling you're wrong about this. And part of me wants Path to stay alive at least another day in hopes to explain himself.. but if he ends up getting lynched and ends up being bad Anxiety will be next on my list.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #478
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
mmm...

I think he is the duke

So you think he has some special insight and will duke the lynch over to someone outside his mysterious "CoT"?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #479
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well, I am out for about 30 min or so. Doubt I'll be back before the lynch.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 PM   #480
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So you think he has some special insight and will duke the lynch over to someone outside his mysterious "CoT"?

not really.

When I am the duke I will usualy try to get lynched early ( not that I don't anyway ) so I become insta trusted by the village and a non threat to the wolves. That way I can cruise for a good portion of the game.

I think Path may be employing the same strategy
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #481
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, since the votes are leaning path, allow me to personally vouch for him. Again, I'd prefer not to say more, but no one puts themself out there just because, and you know it. You have three possibilities. The likelhood that both path and I are bad guys, willing to connect ourselves so strongly on Day One. Unlikely. Both angels again willing to connect ourselves on day One, more likely but not as much so. KNown angels are targets for demons but not lynching, so there is some security in protecting a felllow angel, more so than jumping out and protecting a fellow demon. Still, its a dengerous play for Day One. Or something else entirely, some possibilities of which wer emetnioned earlier.

Which is most likely. Now know it off and lets vote somewhere else. I don;t have any suspicions of Schmidity, but I know I dont have any on path. Where else can we put votes?

Lathum, what was your anti=RendeR case again?

Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #482
st.cronin
General Manager

I think Lathum is wrong, too. It explains strange behavior in general, but not path's specific strange behavior.

Can we have a vote/action count?

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #483
st.cronin
General Manager

I think the angel thing is most likely, along with brothers or masons. I'd prefer not to lynch path today.

VOTE RENDER

I'm still not sure I trust Lathum; but I do hope he switches, cause I think path is potentially valuable.

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 08:27 PM   #484
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I dislike not voting, so I will be casting a vote. Unfortunately, I won't be around to defend or modify it, but that's not the end of the world because I'm voting for someone who doesn't have any votes on him yet.

Passacaglia has been around all day, but still (if my thread review is right) hasn't done anything yet. (Unlike DT, who wasn't around all day when he hadn't done anything yet... OK, maybe I'm reaching for reasons why this is better than my first vote...)

VOTE Passacaglia

That's cool. I've been holding out since I want to work on the cathedral, but don't want to leave myself in the lurch -- I was online at deadline last night, but was unable to vote.

I'll check in again in like 20 minutes -- can someone tell me what work needs to be done? Thanks!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #485
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My case on Render is that he came out early and stated that the purpose of roles was just for role playing and flavor. After me and Mr.Wednesday both stated that we have abilities he claimed he also did and the purpose of him saying that was to try and see if anyone else had abilities.

I would be more then willing to go back to Render since I think he is likely a demon
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #486
saldana
Pro Starter

my prayers have told me to follow the example of our revered leader

vote path12
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Unvote Path
Vote Render
Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #488
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Alright, since the votes are leaning path, allow me to personally vouch for him. Again, I'd prefer not to say more, but no one puts themself out there just because, and you know it. You have three possibilities. The likelhood that both path and I are bad guys, willing to connect ourselves so strongly on Day One. Unlikely. Both angels again willing to connect ourselves on day One, more likely but not as much so. KNown angels are targets for demons but not lynching, so there is some security in protecting a felllow angel, more so than jumping out and protecting a fellow demon. Still, its a dengerous play for Day One. Or something else entirely, some possibilities of which wer emetnioned earlier.

Which is most likely. Now know it off and lets vote somewhere else. I don;t have any suspicions of Schmidity, but I know I dont have any on path. Where else can we put votes?

his case against me was based on my day 1 attempt to verify wether everyone had special abilities not listed in the rules or not.

Beyond that I think people just hate my singing.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #489
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think Nion Chaos has any special insight here, saldana.

knives out
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #490
saldana
Pro Starter

upon further commune with the Lord,

unvote path
vote render
Old 10-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #491
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

You speak of angels and demons, and yet you have no proof? What do mortals know of them? How am I to put my faith on a mere Peon and a Butcher? I say "Ni!" upon the both of you. A sign, a sign, O Lord!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #492
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
upon further commune with the Lord,

unvote path
vote render

Well since communing with the lord and following your evangelical windbag...err..leader give you two differing opinions, how's about you do the village a favor and THINK FOR YOURSELF

damn religious fanatics.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #493
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I am currently going to vote RendeR. Here's why:

Of teh four with votes, I know path. That leaves me with three choice,s and I have to go with someone who already has a vote because I need to help him. I don;t have a raed on Pass at all. I don;t have an opinion on RendeR, but I respect Lathum's insight, so for now, let;s go RendeR.

Vote RendeR

RendeR, I'm happy to consider goign elsewhere if you can convince me to do so, I bear you no ill will. I am following a playerI consider to be good and I am looking at three choces and seeing you as the best vote choice.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #494
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

May the Lord forgive us... me... if I am wrong...

Unvote path12
Vote Render

Old 10-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #495
RendeR
Coordinator

someone get an F-ing vote count posted!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #496
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm still not convinced of anyone's roles, but I'm going to do as I was ordered by the Knight, and vote...furthermore I'm going to vote with my Knight, as it's what my gut has been telling me all day.

VOTE RENDER
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #497
RendeR
Coordinator

*sigh*, you've all doomed another villager. I got nothing but my ability and that's pretty well useless now anyway as we've got tons of work done already on the cathedral.

I COULD have played a magical melody which would double everyone's output for a given day and protected that days work from sabotage.

But thats wasted now with at least 5 votes on me that I can see.

WTF is up with you people? You jump onto ayone's rantings as if they were gospel.

You either believe Lathum or you believe me. I can't force you either way. I don't have the power.

Lathum is everyone's pal this game, even if half of you sit there and state that you don't trust his play.

yep. makes sense to me.

Go for it, its your lynch to waste, AGAIN.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #498
Passacaglia
Coordinator

WORK ON CARPENTRY
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #499
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
May the Lord forgive us... me... if I am wrong...

Unvote path12
Vote Render

God's forgives mistakes, not stupidity reverend.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #500
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm counting 6 votes against me, and at most 1 anywhere else.

Call it BK, stop wasting everyone's time.

Its good thing I'm running the next game and not playing.I need a break. Its getting real tiring being accused for nothing and lynched because yer a mob of sheep and not thinking for yourselves.