So, are night 2 actions done?
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #352
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

I thought cronin ending the night was the end of the actions. Thread title says day 3

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #353
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Yes.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #354
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok then.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #355
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Hmm. Sorry Pass. You just got the misfortune to get associated with two wolves. That put pressure on ya, and you had to reveal.

At least we know there is a chance we may have the real seer still out there.

Hey, at least my deductive skillz were able to help you guys bag a wolf on Day 2. Nice job rounding the village against me, PB.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 AM   #356
path12
Coordinator

Two for two. Let's get that last one, fellas!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:18 AM   #357
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I hate to say it, but I will be out almost all day tomorrow. It's my birthday and a friend got me and my bro and family VIP tickets to the Kings-Ducks game. We're going straight after work, so no chance to check back in until late.

So I am voting now.

Despite his protestation of innocence, I am going with Thomkal. I feel that a wolf tossed on a late vote on PB when it was all but done. IMO, the best two candidates for that are the last two voters, Thomkal and Schmidty. And Schmidty has the excuse of generally not being around early (like me).

So I am going with Thomkal for now.

VOTE THOMKAL

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #358
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wow nice! 2 for 2 baby! Sucks we might have lost a seer, but thems the breaks. Pass was painted into a bit of a corner.

As far as my Day One vote for path, it was just that, a Day One vote (because he killed me in RendeR's game when I was close to winning). Let's note that the 2 wolves we've offed voted well after I did and it's not like I had any idea of path's potential dukiness leading up to my vote.

I'd have to agree that Wolf #3 is somewhere in the "other" votes from Day One, not sure it's Thomkal or not, but I'd guess it's highly unlikely that the 3 wolves would all make their votes so visible on the first day
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:48 AM   #359
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I hate to say it, but I will be out almost all day tomorrow. It's my birthday and a friend got me and my bro and family VIP tickets to the Kings-Ducks game. We're going straight after work, so no chance to check back in until late.

So I am voting now.

Despite his protestation of innocence, I am going with Thomkal. I feel that a wolf tossed on a late vote on PB when it was all but done. IMO, the best two candidates for that are the last two voters, Thomkal and Schmidty. And Schmidty has the excuse of generally not being around early (like me).

VOTE THOMKAL

This could easily be right, but I do want to make the point that Anxiety's vote was only an hour and a half prior to Thomkal's vote. I think that is where I am going.

Vote Anxiety

(On another note I do apologize for not getting a vote in yesterday. I do believe Iwill be back briefly this afternoon to check but it wont be for long.)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #360
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I disagree with Chief Rum's theory, especially the part about voting for me since I'm a soldier, and I did not try to defend either of the two previous wolves Purdue Brad or Barkeep.

My theory is the wolf stayed away from voting for Purdue Brad yesterday because there are three at least semi-cleared people on PB-Pass (medic if he's the real one), Jeheinz (cleared by Pass), and Path (duke if he's the good one). Making it only a one in three chance of hiding amongst the rest of the PB voters.

So I think he stayed away all together, knowing people would think the wolf put a vote on PB in an attempt to hide. And hey look at that, Chief Rum didn't vote for PB.

vote Chief Rum
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #361
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well I disagree with Chief Rum's theory, especially the part about voting for me since I'm a soldier, and I did not try to defend either of the two previous wolves Purdue Brad or Barkeep.

My theory is the wolf stayed away from voting for Purdue Brad yesterday because there are three at least semi-cleared people on PB-Pass (medic if he's the real one), Jeheinz (cleared by Pass), and Path (duke if he's the good one). Making it only a one in three chance of hiding amongst the rest of the PB voters.

So I think he stayed away all together, knowing people would think the wolf put a vote on PB in an attempt to hide. And hey look at that, Chief Rum didn't vote for PB.

vote Chief Rum

Good theory and all but the safest play for a wolf knowing he's going to be alone and vulnerable is to appear as much of a villager as possible. So he would, IMO, have stayed with the majority and not made any waves.

You seem to ignore in your theory as well, the fact that I and ntndeacon both voted away from PB as well.

Are we special? Is there some reason you don't suspect us but do suspect CR?

I voted for YOU yesterday, so if your theory holds any weight at all you should be voting for me, not CR, but CR is the guy you go after?

Your theory has holes the size of Montana.

VOTE THOMKAL
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #362
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Good theory and all but the safest play for a wolf knowing he's going to be alone and vulnerable is to appear as much of a villager as possible. So he would, IMO, have stayed with the majority and not made any waves.

You seem to ignore in your theory as well, the fact that I and ntndeacon both voted away from PB as well.

Are we special? Is there some reason you don't suspect us but do suspect CR?

I voted for YOU yesterday, so if your theory holds any weight at all you should be voting for me, not CR, but CR is the guy you go after?

Your theory has holes the size of Montana.

VOTE THOMKAL

I certainly do suspect others who did not vote for PB, I just directed my comments towards Chief Rum because he voted for me today. And judging from how the voting is going today, I think more and more the perfect place for the wolf to hide was one of you three. I could just as easily vote for you because of your vote on me yesterday, but since CR was the one who opened the attack on me today, I voted for him.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #363
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

So I am voting now.

VOTE THOMKAL

My only issue with that is, wasn't it Thomkal's birthday yesterday (happy b-day to you both, btw), so doesn't that explain his late vote?

I'm still looking at one of Anxiety, Thomkal, Schmidty -- just not sure who.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #364
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I can't say I've ever really understood retalitory voting in WW. Just because someone votes for youk, that makes them a wolf? That's some faulty logic, isn't it?
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #365
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I can't say I've ever really understood retalitory voting in WW. Just because someone votes for youk, that makes them a wolf? That's some faulty logic, isn't it?

I've always thought so, barring self defense votes.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #366
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I've always thought so, barring self defense votes.

Yeah, the only case that makes sense to me is voting for the other horse in a 2-horse race.

Anyhow, for now.

Vote Thomkal

Pending change as the days events unfold.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 PM   #367
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
This could easily be right, but I do want to make the point that Anxiety's vote was only an hour and a half prior to Thomkal's vote. I think that is where I am going.

Vote Anxiety

(On another note I do apologize for not getting a vote in yesterday. I do believe Iwill be back briefly this afternoon to check but it wont be for long.)

I understand that Day One votes are the most important,. and i don;t begrudge you voting for me, because besides two people, we really have no people in anything resembled a COT, so we have to dig.

Having said that, I do want to point out that my voe was cast at 6, Thomkal;s was an hour and a half later, then it was 7:30. With a 9 deadline, that's a big difference.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 PM   #368
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm amazed no one will even explore the possibility that I could be right about where the last wolf is hiding.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #369
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm amazed no one will even explore the possibility that I could be right about where the last wolf is hiding.

Your theory should be expanded to "Not vote for PB by voting for another OR by not voting at all"

Old 11-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #370
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Your theory should be expanded to "Not vote for PB by voting for another OR by not voting at all"

I'm fine with expanding my theory to that since I'm not on that list. Look at my voting record. I did nothing to save or defend either of the two wolves. In fact other than saying I was fine with voting Purdue Brad after the results of day one, I've said nothing about them I believe. Does that really sound like a wolf to you?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #371
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I've been wondering about Chief since day 1 actually. He was the other person who was defending Purdue, although it was couched much more as a critique of Alan's push after he got back. I had been hoping that someone would have scanned him, but that's an iffy proposition also.

One thing I don't get, especially after the nice analysis we had yesterday, is the run on Thomkal. I don't see that at all. Other than the Chief questions I've briefly noted above, the other person who intrigues me the most just by his total difference in play is RendeR.

I'll follow my gut on this one for right now anyway.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #372
path12
Coordinator

BTW, Happy Birthday to all in this thread who are having birthdays now or in the next year. Don't want to leave anyone out.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #373
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Path is pretty much the only person in my COT other than me, and he's been money so far.

Unvote Thomkal

Vote Chief Rum
Old 11-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #374
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm fine with expanding my theory to that since I'm not on that list. Look at my voting record. I did nothing to save or defend either of the two wolves. In fact other than saying I was fine with voting Purdue Brad after the results of day one, I've said nothing about them I believe. Does that really sound like a wolf to you?

Don;t look at me - I haven;t voted for you. You are near the top of my admittedly poor suspicion list but that;s because of a Day One vote, not because you yourself rang my bell.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #375
RendeR
Coordinator

Vote Count?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #376
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

You know very well where he's hiding.

Vote Thomkal
Old 11-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #377
st.cronin
General Manager

Vote count:

Thomkal - Chief Rum (357), Thomkal (360), RendeR (361), Schmidty (376)
Chief Rum - path12 (371), jeheinz (373)
Anxiety - ntndeacon (359)

no vote from: Anxiety

knives out
Old 11-15-2007, 05:57 PM   #378
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I'm torn on where to go.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:58 PM   #379
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Schmidty seems awfully sure of himself, sounds like there might be something there.

Vote Thomkal

Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #380
RendeR
Coordinator

I don't think thomkal voted for himself....
Old 11-15-2007, 06:04 PM   #381
st.cronin
General Manager

Good point, Render:

Vote count:

Thomkal - 4 - Chief Rum (357), RendeR (361), Schmidty (376), Anxiety (379)
Chief Rum - 3 - path12 (371), jeheinz (373), Thomkal (360)
Anxiety - 1 - ntndeacon (359)

no vote from: Anxiety

knives out
Old 11-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #382
RendeR
Coordinator

I think Anxiety has voted now too
Old 11-15-2007, 06:11 PM   #383
Schmidty
Coordinator

You know, even though I've been insuating this the whole game, I am a Seer/ Medic/ Geneticist. I am allowed to choose 2 people to scan a day. The first person will be scanned if he isn't lynched. If he's lynched, then the number two person will be scanned.

So far my scans are as follows:

Day 1 - ntndeacon is human

Day 2 - Thomkal is a wolf

Now, if we vote for Thomkal and he is NOT a wolf, then I am the fake seer, and Pass is the real one. If he is a wolf, I think we win. Either way, I'm either dead, or a winner, or I confirm Pass as being real. So this reveal is a good idea, I think.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #384
st.cronin
General Manager

Yep, stupid cut n paste:

Vote count:

Thomkal - 4 - Chief Rum (357), RendeR (361), Schmidty (376), Anxiety (379)
Chief Rum - 3 - path12 (371), jeheinz (373), Thomkal (360)
Anxiety - 1 - ntndeacon (359)

knives out
Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #385
RendeR
Coordinator

This is looking like the fastes game of WW ever.....Thom wasn't very convincing
Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #386
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
You know, even though I've been insuating this the whole game, I am a Seer/ Medic/ Geneticist. I am allowed to choose 2 people to scan a day. The first person will be scanned if he isn't lynched. If he's lynched, then the number two person will be scanned.

Now, if we vote for Thomkal and he is NOT a wolf, then I am the fake seer, and Pass is the real one. If he is a wolf, I think we win. Either way, I'm either dead, or a winner, or I confirm Pass as being real. So this reveal is a good idea, I think.

woohoo someone scaned me early cause igo under the radar. THis is good enough reason to change my vote.

Unvote Anxiety
Vote Thomkal
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #387
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Well I hate to break it to you Schmidty, but you are the fake seer. Or the last wolf, looking for an easy target. Because I'm human. I have no way of proving that of course other than my voting record as I've said before. So if it means my death to prove it, I guess its worth it. I'd rather you vote for the last wolf instead of me though.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:47 PM   #388
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I hate to break it to you Schmidty, but you are the fake seer. Or the last wolf, looking for an easy target. Because I'm human. I have no way of proving that of course other than my voting record as I've said before. So if it means my death to prove it, I guess its worth it. I'd rather you vote for the last wolf instead of me though.

Sorry, I'm not convinced. I have a 50/50 chance of you being the wolf, and a much less chance of someone else being the wolf.

It's just mathematics. No offense.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM   #389
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Looks like I was right to follow.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #390
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry, I'm not convinced. I have a 50/50 chance of you being the wolf, and a much less chance of someone else being the wolf.

It's just mathematics. No offense.

No offense taken, you have to take the chance.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:01 PM   #391
path12
Coordinator

Schmidty, you said you could scan two people per day. Who were the other ones?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #392
RendeR
Coordinator

He has conditional scaning, if the person he wants to scan first gets lynched, then he scans the second.

He just gets to name 2 targets each night, not actually scan 2 people.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #393
path12
Coordinator

Dola, and why ntn and Thomkal out of curiosity?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #394
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
He has conditional scaning, if the person he wants to scan first gets lynched, then he scans the second.

He just gets to name 2 targets each night, not actually scan 2 people.

I understand that. I want to know who the other targets were and the reasoning behind them. We have a wolf lover still out there after all......
Old 11-15-2007, 07:12 PM   #395
RendeR
Coordinator

I see what yer saying, good point too, who were they and why them?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #396
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Yes.

Quote:
Ok then.

I kind of took this exchange to mean that Schmidty was a seer of some kind. I'm not sure which though. I'd have thought that if he scanned Thomkal as a wolf I'd think it would have been a little more........well.......definitive than this exchange indicates.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #397
path12
Coordinator

And just following that up a bit further.....if he had scanned Thomkal as a wolf and knew night 2 actions were done, why did he wait until now to out him?
Old 11-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #398
Schmidty
Coordinator

Copied and pasted:

Night 1 Scan

1. ntndeacon
2. Thomkal

Night 2 Scan

Scan

1. PurdueBrad (He's likely dead, but)

2. Thomkal

My reasoning was gut, since it was only the first two days, and there isn't a history to go on. Besides, if anyone knows me, I always play on guts, since I have aptitude for logic.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #399
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am what I am. I told you what I can. That's it.

I have no idea what else to say. Ask questions I can answer, and I'll answer them; otherwise, it is what it is.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #400
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I am what I am. I told you what I can. That's it.

I have no idea what else to say. Ask questions I can answer, and I'll answer them; otherwise, it is what it is.

Two questions then:

1) Why weren't you sure about night 2 actions being over?

2) Why didn't you come out and vote Thomkal right after finding out he was a wolf?