Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #1001
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
As a GM, I find the 12/12 clock (or whatever variant Lathum uses - the 9/15 clock, perhaps) incredibly onerous. As a player, I do like it quite a bit, and understand why some people like it. Without the 24 hour clock, I just would not have the energy to keep running games.

I suggest somebody try a small game using a 24/24 clock at some point. I think we have formed a sort of "werewolf culture" here with biases against certain types of play that may actually be very rewarding.
Do you have further thoughts on the idea of our culture having a bias against certain types of rewarding play? I'm very intrigued by this idea.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM   #1002
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't have ideas of "rewarding play" in mind, but ... I think Passacaglia's Clue game may have run up against one of those biases. In fact, I think his BCS game may also challenge some players biases about how to play this game, and I'm intrigued to see what happens.

Different GMs have different styles. Barkeep's games, while all different, all get me thinking in a similar way. Same with Alan, in a different way - when I play Alan's games, I tend to access a certain type of thought. I think that variety is good, but I guess I am thinking we just don't quite have enough of it, or that there is more available.

Edit to add: I am in no way suggesting that BCS werewolf will be flawed.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 12-01-2007 at 08:57 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #1003
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think part of that is we as GMs have certain styles.

For example, when I GM, I give every player an actual role, in addition to powers, and publish those roles. The best example of this is the small game "Seville High, Book One: The Janitor of Death" which I thought went very well.

BTW - after winning as a wolf in back to back games, I will get no trust next game at all!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #1004
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Neither with BK after he got converted.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #1005
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Neither with BK after he got converted.
I was bummed about being converted. Not my fault. You on the other hand are a sneaky SOB and deserve any attention you get

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 12-02-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #1006
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm just saying that we were both wolves in the last two games and won each time. That's all.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #1007
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't have ideas of "rewarding play" in mind, but ... I think Passacaglia's Clue game may have run up against one of those biases. In fact, I think his BCS game may also challenge some players biases about how to play this game, and I'm intrigued to see what happens.

Different GMs have different styles. Barkeep's games, while all different, all get me thinking in a similar way. Same with Alan, in a different way - when I play Alan's games, I tend to access a certain type of thought. I think that variety is good, but I guess I am thinking we just don't quite have enough of it, or that there is more available.

Edit to add: I am in no way suggesting that BCS werewolf will be flawed.

Don't worry, I didn't take it that way. I think that if a game challenges biases, that's probably a good thing. I have a lot of worries about how things will play out, but I'm sure it won't be as bad as Clue was.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #1008
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I think part of that is we as GMs have certain styles.

For example, when I GM, I give every player an actual role, in addition to powers, and publish those roles. The best example of this is the small game "Seville High, Book One: The Janitor of Death" which I thought went very well.

BTW - after winning as a wolf in back to back games, I will get no trust next game at all!

My next game will have some abilities and everyone will have a certain power (whether they can trust it completely or not is another matter), but I don't think I'm going to list any extra roles. I like the idea of open-endedness and creativity that I think not having listed roles could bring to the game.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 AM   #1009
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
JHeinze- can you explain your thought process behind trusting path based on the fact he allegedly scanned you?

Well that wasn't the main fact really, it was more that I thought there had to be a conversion and based on reveals it seemed a lot more like it was you who revealed out of the blue than Path who took the gambit as a 2nd revealer. Yeah, I whiffed pretty big on that one, but realistically I don't think we would've ever looked BK's way anyhow.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote