Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #251
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just throwing this out there that I think sylar would be a fan of a no lynch since he probably can't obtain the power of someone who was lynched.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 AM   #252
Passacaglia
Coordinator

The problem, I think, is that generally the majority is in favor of a no lynch. I can't remember a game where no lynch was an option, and there was a lynch Day 1. So I don't think that we can target Sylar very easily out of this group.

Or are you saying that we should lynch someone, so that Sylar can't steal his power? That's an interesting idea. How confident are we about what Sylar does, anyway?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM   #253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
The problem, I think, is that generally the majority is in favor of a no lynch. I can't remember a game where no lynch was an option, and there was a lynch Day 1. So I don't think that we can target Sylar very easily out of this group.

Or are you saying that we should lynch someone, so that Sylar can't steal his power? That's an interesting idea. How confident are we about what Sylar does, anyway?

I'm just thinking for down the road.

And I'm not saying at all we should lynch someone to keep their powers from Sylar.

I'm just getting ideas out there in case I buy it night one.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #254
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm a bit off with my clock over here on the other side of the world. What time is it over there? (EST)
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #255
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I might be misunderstanding something (or getting bogged down in semantics) but aren't all powers for use during the day?

*shrug* I don't know what to tell you, but mine is not for use during the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo

So you're saying that there are no circumstances under which you would reveal what your powers are? What if there's six people left and it's you against someone else, and the feeling is that you're both likely candidates for the lynch. Won't it strengthen your case if you can reveal what you power is and provide a detailed list of what you have done with that power, allowing the possibility of someone else corroborating what you say?

Obviously there are roles this won't apply to, if there's someone with a one-shot power for example. But in general I can't see why you would be opposed to keeping a track of what you have been doing. All I'm saying, I guess, is that I'm not going to be sympathetic to someone claiming a role as an alibi but unable to detail exactly what the did with their powers.

Oh, I'll be keeping track of what I'm doing, and if something good happens I'm happy to share it. But threat of lynch will not get me to reveal. I will say that I suspect that there is someone else out there with my same role though. Whether you are sympathetic to that or not is not my concern, helping the heroes win is.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #256
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I'm a bit off with my clock over here on the other side of the world. What time is it over there? (EST)

11:25ish...coming from a person in California.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #257
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Alrighty. It's 12:25 AM March 5 here. So with DST, yeah, EST is -11 hours.

Gotta love insomnia.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #258
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If someone has the role of the invisible man, or DL or some role that allows them to "spy" on another person for the night, they could then possibly see what someone is doing.. But without knowing the theme.. they would see an action and not necessarily know if the action is one you would expect from a good role or a bad role.

Building on from this there could well be roles that allow you to see what power someone else has. (incidentally if you have this role you really should be wary of revealing the fact as, presuming Sylar can take other's powers, Sylar would love to have that power). Anybody got any theories as to which powers would be likely to indicate a villager and which are likely to indicate a wolf.

Obviously things like duke powers or night kills can be good or evil. I'm thinking things along the lines of a friend role/power (is it called "lover" in werewolf, where if you find your "mate" you can PM them) is a sure sign of a villager, as is a seer role that reveals if someone belongs to the Company. (although not a seer role that reveals powers) While a converter role is almost certainly a wolf power.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #259
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Alrighty. It's 12:25 AM March 5 here. So with DST, yeah, EST is -11 hours.

Gotta love insomnia.

For this week, yeah. I'm pretty sure our Daylight savings is this weekend...
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If you wanted you could change your preferences so the board time was EST.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #261
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
And path - speculating might give ideas to the wolves but they already have the ability to brainstorm, so it seems more likely that we'll hit on something that another villager hasn't thought of rather than something the wolves haven't thought of. Do you think in a standard game it's beneficial to the wolves or to the villagers if there is a list of the roles and powers in the game? I'd say the villagers.

Usually we don't have to speculate on which roles are in the game, it's spelled out up front. In a case like this where powers/roles are unknown, I believe it is in the wolves best interest to try and figure out who might be a danger to them. I think that sometimes during a "hypothetical" discussion of what might or might not be in the game, some folks could hint at something that the wolves might pick up on. That's the main danger I see, but I don't know if it follows that we should stifle the discussion. We just need to be careful about what we say -- it's my opinion that wolves tend to read early game more carefully than villagers.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #262
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
If you wanted you could change your preferences so the board time was EST.

Doh. Good idea?
Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 AM   #263
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Good idea, I meant.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #264
path12
Coordinator

BTW, to follow up on the day/night thing, this is a 24 hour clock, right? I guess that's where the confusion came from.

I don't see a point in a symbolic vote for someone when it's just me and Olie who haven't voted. We'll see what happens.

VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 03-04-2008, 10:45 AM   #265
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Correct, day and night all happen at once (well, I'll post the lynch results, process night actions and post night results, starting the next day).

So anyone who is confused, Night actions are due in 76 minutes, the same time as the votes are due.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #266
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'll say this about my powers/identity unsolicited, although we seem to have moved past that: part of it has already been guessed correctly and follows what you'd expect from the show, the other part of it doesn't really follow all that logically (it's explained logically but it's not something where you'd go "oh that's obviously a power he'd have")

here's sort of what i thought about sylar: i would think he couldn't absorb people's powers for the whole game, but maybe he kills someone and takes their power until his next kill or something? this would give him a reason to "slow down" his kills if he lucks out and kills someone with a great power that he'll find useful...does that make sense to anyone else?

haven't seen this idea thought of at all, but it was the one that came right to mind for me...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #267
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i'll say this about my powers/identity unsolicited, although we seem to have moved past that: part of it has already been guessed correctly and follows what you'd expect from the show, the other part of it doesn't really follow all that logically (it's explained logically but it's not something where you'd go "oh that's obviously a power he'd have")

here's sort of what i thought about sylar: i would think he couldn't absorb people's powers for the whole game, but maybe he kills someone and takes their power until his next kill or something? this would give him a reason to "slow down" his kills if he lucks out and kills someone with a great power that he'll find useful...does that make sense to anyone else?

haven't seen this idea thought of at all, but it was the one that came right to mind for me...

I've been thinking about the same thing regarding Sylar's abilities. Perhaps it's a boon / bane thing? If he does have night kill / steal ability powers (which I think is very likely), then his killing could be contained by something like that.

Of course, I wouldn't put it past jeheinz to have Sylar be able to absorb multiple powers as well. But yeah, I do get your drift, DT.

For sure, the end of the day is at least going to give us something to work with in the next vote.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #268
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I was thinking that maybe he gets to use a skill he steals for one night? So it's not like if he gets an awesome one, he can keep using it. I dunno.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #269
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I don't have a reason to vote for anyone, so I'm voting no lynch tonight...but stress that I think we need to lynch someone tomorrow - we'll have a ton of information from scans and whatnot so we'll hopefully be in a good position to get some discussion going this afternoon and evening.

VOTE NO LYNCH
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #270
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Pretty darn quiet near the deadline today. I'm anxious to hear the results of "night" actions, considering I don't have one.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #271
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Deadline, results coming shortly for the day portion
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #272
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

As Heroes, Company Men and Sylar alike traverse the United States, one thing is clear: Everyone is waiting for the others to make the first move. In this giant supernatural game of chess, no one blinks on our first day, as everyone survives and no one has been lynched.

Votes as they were cast:

No Lynch (14): Alan T (167), mauboy (169), Cronin (172), NTNDeacon (174), Schmidty (176), DaddyTorgo (182), Ardent Enthusiast (186), Jackal (197), NeonChaos (202), RendeR (203), Chief Rum (208), Barkeep49 (241), Path12 (264), oliegirl (269)
The Jackal (5): hoopsguy (198), nfg22 (199), Mr. Wednesday (205), Narcizo (209), Lathum (239)
RendeR (2): claphamsa (90), Greyroofoo (94)
Alan T (1): Passacaglia (146)
Mauboy1 (1): SnDvls (200)

Night actions will now be processed, results up shortly.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #273
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

What the hell.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #274
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
What the hell.

huh?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #275
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oh. I misread jeheinz' post. I stopped at the first paragraph before posting.

I thought night actions were processed already and noone died, bringing us back to square 0.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #276
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Night one results (that help Neon?)

You awaken after a long night of restless sleep. You turn on the TV to CNN. One of the lead stories centers around the surprising death of an otherwise healthy man. It catches your ear and you glance up to find you recognize the man in the picture. He was NTN Deacon, The Haitian, a Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by his PM
The Haitian

You are one of the Heroes
Your goal is to both eliminate all of the Company members and to eliminate Sylar as well

Power: You have the ability of negating a persons abilities. Each night you can pick someone to have their abilities or night actions effectively cancelled. But be careful, both good guys and bad guys have powers. You do not have to use this power if you wish.

Day/Night Two has begun. Lynch Votes and Night Actions are due by 1 PM EST on Wednesday, March 5th.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #277
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Jeheinz, no comments on how he was killed or details of the death? ie: his head slit open, or just dead through some other means?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #278
st.cronin
General Manager

ntndeacon seems like a very odd choice to me. Did anybody see anything in his posts?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #279
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Jeheinz, no comments on how he was killed or details of the death? ie: his head slit open, or just dead through some other means?

I did mean to add that.

For this one, bullet to the brain.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:35 PM   #280
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Oh foul Company and and Foul Syler! I would have stopped your powers as I attempted this very night. Go Heroes!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #281
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, that's a company kill then. At least Sylar wasn't active.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #282
st.cronin
General Manager

I can't believe its two games in a row Lathum has voted no lynch on day 1.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #283
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Pretty darn quiet near the deadline today. I'm anxious to hear the results of "night" actions, considering I don't have one.

this concern's me a bit as the rules hint at even the most boring role has something to do each night.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #284
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

No Sylar kill? Was Sylar blocked, pehaps?

I wouldn't be surprised to see if anyone had the power to block his night kill. Perhaps someone with the same skill as ntndeacon (people were discussing duality of roles and such earlier)?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #285
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
this concern's me a bit as the rules hint at even the most boring role has something to do each night.
It can concern you all you want. It doesn't concern me.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #286
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I can't believe its two games in a row Lathum has voted no lynch on day 1.

Lathum didn't vote no lynch I don't think. He changed his vote.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #287
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Well, technically, it's about me so it concerns me...but I have a feeling that there are other heroes like me out there. My role is a passive one of sorts.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #288
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
ntndeacon seems like a very odd choice to me. Did anybody see anything in his posts?

I thought so, as well. I just looked through his posts, and didn't see anything there.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #289
st.cronin
General Manager

You're right, I see he voted for The Jackal. The Jackal, Render, Alan T, and mauboy collected votes yesterday. Does anybody care to make a case for any of them?

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #290
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I have nothing. The No Lynch vote was so far ahead that nobody was in any danger of being lynched.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #291
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I switched basicly for the sake of seeing what would happen. Like I said, I wasn't concerened with The Jackly beeing lynched.

I agree NTN was an odd choice, but to be honest I think the silver lining is that his power could have gone either way. IMO not a huge loss when you consider the potential of other powers that could be out there.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:20 PM   #292
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm out for the afternoon it appears. I'll have some time on the computer later on tonight most likely.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #293
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You're right, I see he voted for The Jackal. The Jackal, Render, Alan T, and mauboy collected votes yesterday. Does anybody care to make a case for any of them?

Are you still talking about ntn here? I didn't see him vote for The Jackal. I only saw him vote for me, then switch to No Lynch.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #294
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Are you still talking about ntn here? I didn't see him vote for The Jackal. I only saw him vote for me, then switch to No Lynch.

Uh, no. I was just wondering if anybody who voted for somebody on day 1 wanted to press the issue on day 2.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #295
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Here is the rub for today.

We really aren't going to have to much info to go on. Anyone who got valuable night info is probably going to sit on it for the time being. If not they risk getting killed.

Individuale people are going to be able to make more educated assumptions based on if their individule ability helped them, but it will be diffucult to get others to follow along without outing themselves.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #296
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Uh, no. I was just wondering if anybody who voted for somebody on day 1 wanted to press the issue on day 2.

Then who were you talking about when you said "he" voted for The Jackal?
Old 03-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #297
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then who were you talking about when you said "he" voted for The Jackal?

I would assume me, since I had responded to Cronin's earlier comment about Lathum voting no lynch, saying that he didn't vote no lynch.. to which Cronin I assume replied that.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #298
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Here is the rub for today.

We really aren't going to have to much info to go on. Anyone who got valuable night info is probably going to sit on it for the time being. If not they risk getting killed.

Individuale people are going to be able to make more educated assumptions based on if their individule ability helped them, but it will be diffucult to get others to follow along without outing themselves.

Exactly the reason you normally argue against no lynch day 1. One thing I've noticed, though, is that you normally argue against no lynch when you're a wolf, and argue for no lynch when you're a villager. Dunno if that means anything in this game, but it does make me inclined to trust you a bit more.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #299
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Never mind, I figured it out.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #300
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, sorry, I was replying to Alan, the pronoun referent in question is Lathum.

knives out