Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #351
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Yes but you are the one proposing it. If you have a stupid idea you just may be that...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #352
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Pass I want to hear why you dont like Alan T. Right now on the little evidence, I am all for Claph or Pass...Just to get someone talking...
Old 03-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #353
st.cronin
General Manager

nfg, Pass has been replaced by Thomkal.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #354
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hey folks, I'm out for the day now. Heads up, I have to work late tomorrow, so I'll be in a bit later as well. Should be in by 10-10:30 AM PST. I'll answer and questions then.

Have fun!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #355
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
nfg, Pass has been replaced by Thomkal.

And I do like Alan T!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #356
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well then its Thom or Claph for me. Since Pass cant answer now I guess ill just have to be split. Thanks for letting me know...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #357
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

in that case ill just go with Claph...

Vote Claphasma
Old 03-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #358
st.cronin
General Manager

Sure got quiet.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #359
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Everyone is mourning the loss of me as a player in this game.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #360
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm not sure why you had to leave. Body snatching?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #361
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I just remembered I'll be out of town for a 4-day weekend, and didn't think of it when I signed up.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #362
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

finally back. Didn't really get to check the board after my lunch break. Work got busy all of a sudden.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:39 PM   #363
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

doesn't look like much happened this afternoon. Dissapointed that we won't get to find out what raised Pass' eyebrows about Alan though, as I was curious to hear about that. Not sure where my vote will end up, but I've got some time I guess.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM   #364
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, it has been a ghost town so far for Day 2.

ooc - I had one of the most insane days of work ever today. I'll try to get a little more involved with discussion this evening but my head is reeling.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #365
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Pass I want to hear why you dont like Alan T. Right now on the little evidence, I am all for Claph or Pass...Just to get someone talking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
doesn't look like much happened this afternoon. Dissapointed that we won't get to find out what raised Pass' eyebrows about Alan though, as I was curious to hear about that. Not sure where my vote will end up, but I've got some time I guess.

In case you all missed it, that was probably one of the only topics of discussion this morning.. Pass's issues with me. He spelled them out and I addressed them. My take from the end of that conversation was that Pass seemed to understand where I was coming from and didn't seem to refute anything I responded with... and I personally was not sure what to make of Pass.

His last notes this morning seemed to indicate that he just glossed over some of my posts instead of reading fully and once it was hashed out it wasn't as big of a deal anymore. If you want, I can quote all of that, but its just as easy for anyone else to go back and read it all.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #366
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think people may be afraid to slip up and becomae a target
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, for what it is worth I find this to be a weird topic of conversation by multiple people. I'm actually more concerned with this as a diversion than I was your initial "sparring" with Pass in the first place.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #368
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I think its just the deadline being in the afternoon, it leaves less reason for people to pop on here in the evening. My guess is most of the conversation will occur each day between 9am EST and 2pm EST.. There wasn't much conversation today after the deadline because... well I'm not sure what most of us made from the result of the night kill.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #369
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan, for what it is worth I find this to be a weird topic of conversation by multiple people. I'm actually more concerned with this as a diversion than I was your initial "sparring" with Pass in the first place.

Could you elaborate on this?

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #370
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well I have some thoughts on the subject, but haven't brought them up in case someone would call that also "being too defensive"

I'll agree that its odd to see so many people over the last two days drop hints of the kind trying to start a vote on me. I'll just stand by my previous comments regarding me being a possible easy lynch target before this game even started. Same thing happened last time I was a wolf several games in a row, suddenly I didn't live past day 3 of the next 10 games.

I'm not really expecting much different here, I'm just taking note of those who aren't necessarily leading the cause (whatever cause that is) against me, but instead are dropping subtle little innuendos about me that are far more passive-agressive.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:19 PM   #371
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I was thinking along the same lines hoops
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #372
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think people may be afraid to slip up and becomae a target
Do you really?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #373
st.cronin
General Manager

Lathum, do you mean

a) lynch target
b) target of Sylar/Company

???

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #374
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Could you elaborate on this?

Sure - I thought that this was covered in the thread and I'm surprised at seeing multiple people (will go count it eventually) commenting on this being unresolved.

I'm trying to figure out if it is a by-product of not reading every post, or of just looking for something to talk about that brings up another person's name. But this is where I'm planning to spend my next few minutes, going through these posts.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Night kill target.

I am sure there are people who obtained information last night but are afraid to share it for fear of being targeted
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #376
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sure - I thought that this was covered in the thread and I'm surprised at seeing multiple people (will go count it eventually) commenting on this being unresolved.

I'm trying to figure out if it is a by-product of not reading every post, or of just looking for something to talk about that brings up another person's name. But this is where I'm planning to spend my next few minutes, going through these posts.

If it helps save you time, here are the posts you are looking for. I had them saved for my own notes for later personally anyhows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
VOTE NO LYNCH

seems like a no-brainer. Interested to see what Pass has to say about "the way alan is arguing" though

Quote:
I'm a little disappointed that Pass never explained what set his hairs on edge about Alan, as that seemed like a potentially fruitful discussion.

I'd also like to revisit the revealing-names idea. I know a lot of people think that their power is related to their name, but I wonder if the question gets phrased another way if they feel the same way: Would I be able to GUESS your ability if I knew your character's name?

I think we may be able to put some pressure on Sylar if we do this. The downside is that it may be possible for Sylar/The Company to identify powerful Heroes, but I'm not sure I understand how likely/possible that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Old 03-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #377
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Night kill target.

I am sure there are people who obtained information last night but are afraid to share it for fear of being targeted
Perhaps. Which brings up a point I often make with No Lynch votes. So we have that info, but we as a village don't have it, so are we really better off?

Too late now especially as I helped contribute towards it.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #378
st.cronin
General Manager

Its not a diversion from anything, because nobody has given us anything to talk about. I've tried to resurrect the day 1 idea of revealing character names, but nobody really wants to talk about that either.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 PM   #379
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Perhaps. Which brings up a point I often make with No Lynch votes. So we have that info, but we as a village don't have it, so are we really better off?

Too late now especially as I helped contribute towards it.

I'm not ready just yet to say that yesterday's no lynch was a bad thing. It seemed that the only two run aways was votes on the jackyl or a no lynch... So I think only time will tell us these two things:

1) Was Jackyl worth saving
2) Did people find out enough useful information to make that no lynch worthwhile.

I'm still thinking if enough people go an extra days worth of data to classify it as a head start so to speak, it could be worth it.. Only time will tell though. So far we definitly don't seem to have alot to go on today.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #380
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Its not a diversion from anything, because nobody has given us anything to talk about. I've tried to resurrect the day 1 idea of revealing character names, but nobody really wants to talk about that either.

I'll talk about it more if you want, but my mind hasn't really changed since yesterday. Reading ntn's role description after his death has done nothing but help me feel even more assure that if I know someone's role 9 times out of 10 I'll have a good idea what their power will be too..

I think that is something that might be worthwhile at some point this game, but not right now for the reasons I said yesterday and this morning.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #381
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, for what it is worth I'm of a mind to reveal information tomorrow about my role and data I've collected. So far I don't have anything that is going to help with the vote today (other than don't vote me!) but I'm willing to take this leap at the start of Day 3. Particularly if we aren't seeing more information revealed that is going to help narrow the field in catching Sylar or Company folks.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #382
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'll talk about it more if you want, but my mind hasn't really changed since yesterday. Reading ntn's role description after his death has done nothing but help me feel even more assure that if I know someone's role 9 times out of 10 I'll have a good idea what their power will be too..

I think that is something that might be worthwhile at some point this game, but not right now for the reasons I said yesterday and this morning.

Really? I would not have guessed that the Haitian would have that ability. I would have thought he would be able to read minds, or compel a vote, or something along those lines.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #383
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, the Haitian blocked powers in the show as well as wiped memory.

Parkman (either Jr or Sr) would seem more likely to have the powers you are listing. Or Eden.

Haitian is one of the roles I felt very strongly about being in the game. There were about ten that I was almost sure would be in the game, maybe another half-dozen that I thought would not be in the game, and a group in the middle that I thought was questionable. But this was another topic that people didn't want to discuss much yesterday.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #384
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Really? I would not have guessed that the Haitian would have that ability. I would have thought he would be able to read minds, or compel a vote, or something along those lines.

I think I probably would have guessed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The Haitain - Not only erase memories, but he also could block people's powers or prevent them from working if in close proximity.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #385
st.cronin
General Manager

I thought it was the dark haired woman (forgot her name) that blocked the powers, the one that was killed when Sylar escaped from his cell. Maybe I'm remembering the show wrong.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #386
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought it was the dark haired woman (forgot her name) that blocked the powers, the one that was killed when Sylar escaped from his cell. Maybe I'm remembering the show wrong.

She had the power of persuasion.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #387
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eden (dark haired woman) was with the Haitian when they caught Sylar after his throwdown with Peter at the high school. But it was the Haitian who took his powers from him and Eden who told him to sleep (think I'm remembering this correctly).

Later, Eden wanted to kill Sylar in his cell. She went in to give him a gun and tell him to shoot himself. But it didn't work out that well for her ...
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #388
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, I guess I'm convinced that its a bad idea to reveal names. I still think it might help us to out Sylar, but maybe the cost isn't worth it.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #389
Barkeep49
Coordinator

hoops: I think discussing which names are in the game would be useful but I don't know the show and thus couldn't contribute to the conversation.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #390
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am also a hero. and my power seems close the show.

Quote:
The Company may well have a list of players, but didn't our great leader let us know he wasn't going to give skylar a false name to use. That seems to imply that he won't be given those playing either.

Quote:
I dont think they will know who is in the game. At least I dont think sylar knows. werent we told he would not be given a name not in use

I'm guessing the Company was taking their shot at Sylar last night when they targeted NTN. I haven't gone through all of his posts, but I did see these as I was re-reading some of the content from yesterday.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:28 PM   #391
st.cronin
General Manager

Hoops, I thought Sylar couldn't be night-killed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Sylar - You are one bad and evail mamma jamma. You don't care about the world, or any silly company, just killing. You want as many Heroes and Company members dead as possible, for your own benefit. You win by surviving. You need to make it to where only 3 other people besides you are still alive. You cannot be night killed by the Company.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #392
st.cronin
General Manager

dola, unless you think they were trying to find out if he WAS Sylar. But you would think if that was their suspicion that they would simply try to vote him.

knives out
Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #393
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I can't find anything else in NTN's posts that suggests why he would be the night-kill.

If you are the Company, you need to get rid of both groups. You know that NTN is not a member of your group. So you think he might be Sylar, and you take your shot. If you are wrong, you just kill a hero. No harm, no foul. If you are right, you have identified Sylar early in the game and can begin working on getting him voted off the island.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #394
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I count 13 posts from people commenting on whether or not their roles correspond to the powers in the show. Most do, a few don't.

I'm OK with posting my notes on this if people want me to do so. Of course, it provides info for the wolves as well if they haven't already been conducting this exercise.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM   #395
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, I count 13 posts from people commenting on whether or not their roles correspond to the powers in the show. Most do, a few don't.

I'm OK with posting my notes on this if people want me to do so. Of course, it provides info for the wolves as well if they haven't already been conducting this exercise.

I have similar notes as well so it doesn't matter to me one way or another if you do. I think that type of information once again isn't that harmful though to the heroes as long as roles are not revealed. Once we get to revealing roles however, that type of information becomes pretty dangerous in the wrong hands.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #396
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, here are my notes. Alan, if you have some others to plug in please do. Also, I think I posted this but did not write it down for my own notes - I'm a hero in game and hero on show. I have not commented on closeness of powers up to this point.

Alan - character was a good guy on show (83)
Lathum - power lines up with show (85)
Grey - power somewhat close to show (88)
Cronin - power doesn't match up with season one (103), nobody would guess power if given name (348)
NTN - hero, power matches closely to show (105)
Render - hero, worthless power (113)
BK - hero, power crammed into WW (114), revealing name would not give away power (123)
nfg - power pretty useless (168)
MrW - power reasonable extrapolation from show (179)
Chief - hero, similar power to show, only seen first few episodes (208)
DT - part of powers logical, part is a leap (266)
AE - doesn't have night power (270), role is passive of sorts, thinks there are others out there like him (287)
SnDvls - character name would not indicate powers (344)
Old 03-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #397
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That was very ardentistic, hoops. I approve.

Sadly, I haven't seen/we don't have any new hard information and I know I'll be at a hospital during my work day tomorrow.

This vote isn't based on anything right now, but it's a placeholder in case I forget in the morning before I head to work. Hopefully, we'll have some information by the morning. Surely someone got something worthwhile.

VOTE ALAN T
Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #398
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ok still haven't caught up with the old posts, but I want to make clear this whole Alan/Pass disagreement has nothing to do with me. There's nothing from the initial PM or Pass's first action that would suggest to me any reason to distrust Alan (or anyone else) at this point. I like Alan and I read his posts.

So if you are considering voting for me based on Pass's posts, please don't-Pass thought there was something suspicious in Alan's posts. I have no information from Pass on what that was, and will not be pursuing his arguments.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 PM   #399
hoopsguy
General Manager

I thought it was more Ardent-esque than ardentistic. But Ardent is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:16 PM   #400
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ok still haven't caught up with the old posts, but I want to make clear this whole Alan/Pass disagreement has nothing to do with me. There's nothing from the initial PM or Pass's first action that would suggest to me any reason to distrust Alan (or anyone else) at this point. I like Alan and I read his posts.

So if you are considering voting for me based on Pass's posts, please don't-Pass thought there was something suspicious in Alan's posts. I have no information from Pass on what that was, and will not be pursuing his arguments.

Don't worry, Pass seemed to reconcile things with me pretty well before he left the game, so I wasn't looking hard in his or your direction anyways. I have plenty of other people that are begging to be looked at whom seem to like throwing out my name without any reason what so ever anyhows