Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #301
The Jackal
Coordinator

was called away the past few hours, catching up
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 PM   #302
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, at least EF wasn't someone important, and we should have some solid history from it. Abe's post at the deadline (doing math) leads me to believe we might have some vote manipulation roles at play, or something along those lines that isn't public info. Just something to consider going forwards.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #303
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Well, at least EF wasn't someone important, and we should have some solid history from it. Abe's post at the deadline (doing math) leads me to believe we might have some vote manipulation roles at play, or something along those lines that isn't public info. Just something to consider going forwards.
Given past Abe roles I think this is very likely as well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #304
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Bah! I hate D1
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #305
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Processing Night Actions

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #306
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As part of the evening, i did send out items that were sent to me in pms during the day, so if you sent me a pm at 4 in teh afternoon, I went ahead and passed it out, even if you did not technically send it out during the night, because I am a nice GM.

Results soon!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #307
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

That was much quieter than many nights around here. No screams. No shouts. No sound of blade on blade or gun fire. The dawn breaks eerily.

The colors in the sky are odd. Unnatural. Unholy.

A quick head check shows that all of you made it through the night. What happened?

Night One has ended. Day Two has begun and will end at 10 pm EST Tuesday night.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #308
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My money is on a conversion. I'm off to bed, this is as late as I can stay up. See you guys tomorrow afternoon.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:40 AM   #309
Danny
Head Coach

Sorry guys, I lied down for a minute and passed out and just now woke up.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #310
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
My money is on a conversion. I'm off to bed, this is as late as I can stay up. See you guys tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, much too ominous a tone for a BG block or a conversion resist methinks.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #311
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I kinda doubt we see to many night kills until conversion oppurtunities die out
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #312
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

In a totally unWWrelated post, YAY, I FINALLY made the playoffs for the first time since joining the FOOL baseball league here.

FOOL 2061 Regular Season Thread - Front Office Football Central
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #313
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Night all. Catch you in the morning!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:38 AM   #314
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Sorry guys, I lied

Noted.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:39 AM   #315
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
In a totally unWWrelated post, YAY, I FINALLY made the playoffs for the first time since joining the FOOL baseball league here.

FOOL 2061 Regular Season Thread - Front Office Football Central

In a totally unWWrelated post but completely related to the above post, I did not make the playoffs in same said baseball league.

Hope you represent well, Crimson Fox.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #316
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

well that wasn't the worst day ever i suppose. Lynched a vanilla villager, ok, and most likely had some kind of conversion, sucks but not unexpected. We lost the colt though.

Anyone out there watch Supernatural on the CW? The Colt reminded me of it lol.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:08 AM   #317
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
In a totally unWWrelated post but completely related to the above post, I did not make the playoffs in same said baseball league.

Hope you represent well, Crimson Fox.

Yeah what's up with that? Crazy backwards years. You're ALWAYS in the playoffs. You won the whole dance last year!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #318
Thomkal
Head Coach

well pretty much have to figure that a conversion took place don't we given the rule change? That sucks but we shall persevere.

I will be voting for one of the EagleFan voters today unless someone observed something last night. I think it was a Lightbringer vs Lightbringer yesterday, but there had to be some Servants voting for them.

Oh and I'm the one that passed the Jar.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 AM   #319
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I have an interesting theory about my item. I'll probably pass it tonight to test it.

My theory was wrong as I thought by passsing my item, it might be give me a role. I passed the item and since I did get any PMs last night, that appears to be wrong, so I'm still just a vanilla villager.

Still very confused about what my item will do. Maybe the person who got it will understand it better than me.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #320
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
well pretty much have to figure that a conversion took place don't we given the rule change? That sucks but we shall persevere.

I will be voting for one of the EagleFan voters today unless someone observed something last night. I think it was a Lightbringer vs Lightbringer yesterday, but there had to be some Servants voting for them.

This confuses me. If it's Good vs Good then why is an evil person more likely to be on EF than someone else? And if it was Good vs Good aren't the evil people more likely to be spread out? Isn't that how it's done?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #321
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
You check his things and confiscate a Colt Peacemaker as evidence. He appears to have been a normal Lightbringer, with no special abilities.

Are we so sure the Colt is lost? The above statement in yesterdaay's lynch writeup doesn't necessarily say it's gone forever. In fact, it's possible that "confiscate as evidence" means it's with the Sheriff now.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #322
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Are we so sure the Colt is lost? The above statement in yesterdaay's lynch writeup doesn't necessarily say it's gone forever. In fact, it's possible that "confiscate as evidence" means it's with the Sheriff now.
This seems like a real stretch.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #323
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning All

Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #324
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This confuses me. If it's Good vs Good then why is an evil person more likely to be on EF than someone else? And if it was Good vs Good aren't the evil people more likely to be spread out? Isn't that how it's done?

My point was that even if it was Good vs Good, wolves likely had to be on EagleFan last night-usually in a Good vs Good on Day 1, wolves still try to take out who they want if they can get away with it. How many people ended up with votes on them besides EF and NTN? I can't remember as i post this, I'll have to go look it up.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:46 AM   #325
Thomkal
Head Coach

Morning oh most wonderful GM.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:50 AM   #326
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
My point was that even if it was Good vs Good, wolves likely had to be on EagleFan last night-usually in a Good vs Good on Day 1, wolves still try to take out who they want if they can get away with it. How many people ended up with votes on them besides EF and NTN? I can't remember as i post this, I'll have to go look it up.
So you are suggesting there was a greater concentration of wolves on EF than their overall concentration in the game?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #327
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Assuming Crimson Fox's tally was correct, here is the final vote count:

EagleFan 7 - J23 (129), Telle (170), hoopsguy (189), BarKeep49 (201), dubb93 (205), Raiders Army (215), KWhit (248)
ntndeacon 6 - EagleFan (131), The Jackal (151), PurdueBrad (191), Thomkal (214) Autumn (232) Lathum (233)
J23 2 - ntndeacon (184), Chief Rum (198)
Telle 2 - CrimsonFox (185), henry296 (197)
PurdueBrad 1 - Poli (93)
Autumn 1 - Darth Vilus (178)
Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #328
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
As of 234:

EagleFan 6 - J23 (129), Telle (170), hoopsguy (189), BarKeep49 (201), dubb93 (205), Raiders Army (215)
ntndeacon 6 - EagleFan (131), The Jackal (151), PurdueBrad (191), Thomkal (214) Autumn (232) Lathum (233)
PurdueBrad 1 - Poli (93)

This is the last vote count I can find-there was no official count? KWhit also voted for EagleFan which broke the tie.

So there's four others besides NTN and EF, which is more than I thought. I will be very shocked if there's no Servants voting for EF last night despite the votes being spread out. Hence my reasoning for likely voting for one of them today.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #329
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
So you are suggesting there was a greater concentration of wolves on EF than their overall concentration in the game?

I'm saying there could be. I'm saying the likelihood of a wolf being on any one that was voted for yesterday is highest with the people voting for EagleFan in my opinion. Your opinion of course may vary.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #330
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm off to breakfast, we can talk more about this later Barkeep if you want.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #331
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, just checking in to say that I'm taking my little guy to Chuck E. Cheese this morning so I won't be on until the afternoon again. My apologies.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #332
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey guys, just checking in to say that I'm taking my little guy to Chuck E. Cheese I'm sacrificing my own sanity for the enjoyment of my child this morning so I won't be on until the afternoon again. My apologies.
Fixed.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #333
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Fixed.

HA, thanks. Yeah, first time going for him and for me since being 8 probably and it was still called Showbiz Pizza. Hopefully this is fun for him because he's hit that stage where when we set him down, he just runs (well, stumbles quickly and without purpose) everywhere. Wish me luck...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think there may be some value in an NTN lynch today. The vote was very close and with EF being a villager, if NTN is a wolf it may tell us something about the voters on each side.

I would also look Poli's direction for obvious reasons.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #335
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think there may be some value in an NTN lynch today. The vote was very close and with EF being a villager, if NTN is a wolf it may tell us something about the voters on each side.

I'm new around here. What are those obvious reasons?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #336
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just an FYI, this will likely be my only post from work today. I'll be online later this evening.

No events of any sort to report from last night.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #337
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I think there is some merit there Lathum, as there usually is on a day 1 two players up for the lynch vote. Then we have to look at KWhit for being the deciding vote. And Raiders Army for making it a 6-4 vote on EF. I also feel slightly better about you and Autumn as you were both late votes on NTN to tie the vote count. I can't quite believe the wolves would risk losing one of their own on day 1 when Eaglefan, a non-wolf, was in the lead by 2 late. (correct me if I'm wrong on this please).
Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #338
KWhit
Coordinator

Now why would a wolf wait until the end of the day and be the last vote on a lynched villager? I really hope there is no witch hunt on me for being the deciding vote.

I guess if ntn came up as a wolf it would be somewhat logical to look my way, but even then a wolf would likely have put his vote on EF much earlier in the day.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #339
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Any information about the Jar? Did you know what it did?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #340
J23
College Benchwarmer

How much disclosure about items do we really want to get into here? I assume most of us passed them to roles (if we passed them), so do we want to disclose what they were to the wolves among us?

I passed my item along last night to a role that it affected, but the name is straightforward enough that I'd prefer not to give it out. (Maybe I'm overly paranoid, but I don't even want to give out the initials )
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #341
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm guessing that there weren't many wolves at all when the game started but their number can build fairly quickly through conversions (until day4 at least).
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #342
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm guessing that there weren't many wolves at all when the game started but their number can build fairly quickly through conversions (until day4 at least).
I was thinking about this too. How many wolves do we think started the game? I'm thinking 3, so with the conversion last night we'd be at 4. Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #343
Autumn
Head Coach

My guess would be that there may have been only one, possibly two wolves at the outset, who probably couldn't talk to each other if there were more than one. They have four nights to build their numbers and hope they don't target an uncorruptible or deadly role. Then we'll start seeing some kills. There's probably as much complication on the wolf side as on ours - perhaps different methods to convert, possibly some sort of alpha wolf structure.

Unless some knowledge comes out I'm just going to stick with NTN. No reason other than that finding out if he's good or bad will help us with vote history. And that I don't have any reason to suspect anyone more than anyone else at this moment.

VOTE NTNDEACON
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #344
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I was thinking about this too. How many wolves do we think started the game? I'm thinking 3, so with the conversion last night we'd be at 4. Thoughts?

I think the rules make it fairly clear that there will be multiple conversions. See my post above, I'm guessing that most of the wolves will be converted rather than born.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #345
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think the rules make it fairly clear that there will be multiple conversions. See my post above, I'm guessing that most of the wolves will be converted rather than born.
I think your theory has a lot of merit.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #346
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Any information about the Jar? Did you know what it did?

I knew nothing about the Jug other than its name. I think its a helpful/protection type item from the name, but no way of knowing for sure of course.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #347
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree Barkeep, 3 to start and most likely four now.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #348
Thomkal
Head Coach

To follow up on my comment I think three because I think conversion is likely a percentage chance, perhaps decreasing till night 4, so theoretically before last night they could have tried to convert and get nobody.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #349
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Assuming Crimson Fox's tally was correct, here is the final vote count:

EagleFan 7 - J23 (129), Telle (170), hoopsguy (189), BarKeep49 (201), dubb93 (205), Raiders Army (215), KWhit (248)
PurdueBrad 1 - Poli (93)

Odds are we had villager/villager yesterday in the runoff.
assuming 2 wolves: 17/19 * 16/18 = 80%
assuming 3 wolves: 16/19 * 15/18 = 70%
assuming 4 wolves: 15/19 * 14/18 = 61%

(Hopefully my math is correct there. Note that I removed 1 villager from the pool of people since the villagers among us all know we are a villager)

If a conversion happened last night, I don't really think ntn would have been targeted, so unless he was a wolf to begin with, I doubt he's a wolf now.

Is the hope in lynching ntn that if he's a wolf, we can spot other wolves trying to protect him? Or is there something that I'm missing that we learn if he ends up as a villager?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #350
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I'm new around here. What are those obvious reasons?

OK, this has been discusses ad nausea so I am going to give you the watered down version, if you want more discussion on it I'll direct you to the discussion of it in other games.

Basically Poli's new way of voting D1 is to automatically vote for the first person who signed up for the game. Some of us, myself and KWhit probably being the most vocal, think this is a bunk way to vote since it removes any thought process or motivation from his D1 vote, rendering the analysis of it useless later in the game.

Poli disagrees with us and sees no reason for getting scrutiny based on his predetermined vote.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote