Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #151
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
EF, will we know when a leg is an elimination one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I am guessing we won't know the non elimination legs... That is how it happens on the show. (or used to)

It won't be known ahead of time. Except for the Sponsor who may pick a leg to be non-elimination. That person will know that leg.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #152
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Clarification to the Wannabes and the Sponsor. When you select which leg to use your ablity you will be selecting it for the next leg. Example: if you submit it for this deadline the leg that is affected would be the second leg.

It will be known that it has been enacted.

You may submit conditional orders for it (such as, if your team is position x or higher at the end this leg enact it for the next leg).
Old 02-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #153
cougarfreak
College Starter

All I know is I'm totally lost. I think I may regret not ever watching Amazing Race. Should be fun and confusing.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #154
Autumn
Head Coach

This is probably belaboring the obvious, but I want to make sure I understand. Position from one leg carries over to the next one, right? So if you come in second to last in one leg, you'll be starting the next leg with some sort of delay compared to the others?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #155
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
This is probably belaboring the obvious, but I want to make sure I understand. Position from one leg carries over to the next one, right? So if you come in second to last in one leg, you'll be starting the next leg with some sort of delay compared to the others?

Correct.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #156
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Since there are still questions about the game I ill post a little "The Amazing Race 101" (WW style).

Below is a simplified example of what a leg will be like and how the game will play out from leg to leg.

- Start at checkpoint A.
-- You will start from the final location of the previous leg.

- You need to travel to destination B.
-- Tell me if you want to try anything special to get to that location. "Team up with Team X; go to the airport together; get tickets" (sample, you can give more or less as it is up to you)

- Detour
-- This will consist of two choices. Each choice may have an upside or downside and I will list which skills will help the most.
-- Both players on the team participate but you will choose which detour to attempt.
-- Sample: Row your boat or Peddle your bike. Either boat across a channel or take a bike across the bridge and find he destination. Option A uses physical and water skills while option B uses Physical and Travel skills.
-- Instruct what to do. "Team X will Row the boat as we are good with water tasks. Use X in extra effort (A from player 1 and B from player 2) for this challenge to help us gain more of an advantage."

- Roadblock
-- A roadblock will be an event that only one member of your team will perform.
-- A clue will be given but not all details revealed but the best skill for it will be listed in the clue (there may be others that will help but the primary will always be listed).
-- Select which player to participate.
-- Sample: Strike it out (physical). "Team X selects player 2 to perform the task and he will use Y in extra effort."
-- Result: The player had to bowl a strike.

- Get to the pitstop
-- Each leg ends at a pitstop. You need to get there. Travel will be the biggest asset but use your creativity as well.
-- Sample: Pitstop - Top of the empire state building
-- "Team X will use Y aggression to get to the pit stop (your team will be extra ruthless in their attempt to get their first; more depending on how much aggression is used)."

Each of the events will be rolled (including the travel) and based upon skills you will have a better chance to perform well (though anythng can happen). A time will be assigned to the rolls and attempts and added for each team. Additionally there is an X factor that I will take into account for a team's creativity in their writeup (like the dungeon crawl used, I am assuming). The X factor could be good or bad (if the clue is to go to the statue of liberty and you tell me to travel to Philly to go there; this would not be good).

At the end of each round the results will be displayed as a leaderboard. The final team to check in "may" be eliminated (most legs result in elimination). The final leg will include the final three teams. There will be at least 2 pre determined non elimination legs.

1st - Team B
2nd - Team C (+0:05)
3rd - Team F (+0:15)
4th - Team A (+0:20)
10th - Team H (+2:15) - eliminated

There are two other events which could occur.

Yield (I think this is now called a speed bump in the game as I am using it). If this is put into play a team that arrives at the detour first may select a team to use it on. If that team has not arrived at the detour yet they will have to perform both tasks before they can continue.

Fast Forward. If this is put into play a team can select to go for the fast forward before going to the frst event of the leg. If they are the first team to complete the fast forward they can go straight to the pit stop.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #157
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

One final thing. Each leg will need to be submitted in full for a team. Using the clues given for the leg. There will be just one deadline for each leg (all challenges need to be submitted for that deadline and I will process accordingly).

It would also make it smoother if the person submitting your team's leg instructions sends in a PM labeled with your team and the leg number that the instructions are for. The smoother it is to sift through those PM's the quicker I will be able to process the results.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, also don't expect there to be any major field leveling bottleneck like in the show. For game color purposes there may be write ups that mention time in an airport or some other location but that will only be for color and doesn't mean that you lost your lead because of a bottleneck.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:07 AM   #158
saldana
Pro Starter

so does the actual speed that we get you our orders make a difference, or are they all just processed at the deadline...just wondering since my partner lives 1/4 way around the world from me so we havent even talked yet.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #159
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
so any thoughts on D1 voting strategies or are people just going to do the usual random thing?

My strategy will be to not vote my teammate.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
so does the actual speed that we get you our orders make a difference, or are they all just processed at the deadline...just wondering since my partner lives 1/4 way around the world from me so we havent even talked yet.

Processed at deadline, speed of turn in doesn't matter.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-24-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #161
Autumn
Head Coach

Well someone's got to start some voting. Allow me to look over the list and pick based on some arbitrary thought.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #162
The Jackal
Coordinator

Happy birthday Pass!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #163
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Do we need to account for the detour or roadblock in our travel plans, or are they considered three separate "actions"?
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #164
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, so I'm going to vote JAG. He made it to the end in Vegas, so I don't feel as bad if he gets lynched. And for a long time excellent player, I don't think he gets a lot of early lynch votes, so that also makes me not feel bad.

VOTE JAG
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #165
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
All right, so I'm going to vote JAG. He made it to the end in Vegas, so I don't feel as bad if he gets lynched. And for a long time excellent player, I don't think he gets a lot of early lynch votes, so that also makes me not feel bad.

VOTE JAG

Are you sure this isn't about my alternative lifestyle?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #166
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Happy birthday Pass!

Thanks man, you too!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #167
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Are you sure this isn't about my alternative lifestyle?

I support you in your choices. Why, one of my teammates on my world champion team had a nephew who was gay!

But let's face it, you guys don't stand a chance, so it might as well be you taking it for the team.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #168
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh man we have to vote someone today? I hate day one votes. Errrrrmm.. ill post my vote when I pull it through a random generator...
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #169
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I hate reality TV...unless it's Amazing Race, of course...so those "super-fans" of all thing reality must go!

VOTE MAUBOY1
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am going to vote

Chief Rum

May get busy today and want to get a vote in. Pretty random vote, made it late last game, good wolf, etc...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:32 AM   #171
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh jeez.. what are the chances? I started out last game voting mckerney.. the generator drew his name so I am cheating and re-drawing a name. Oh and he haplessness to be jags partner too so I don't wanna look like I have something against their lifestyle ! Afterthe re- do the vote goes to .......

vote chief rum

Awwee, my spouse from last game.. lol.. which this of course confirms I wore the pants in that game.... but I guess I didn't.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:35 AM   #172
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am going to vote

Chief Rum

May get busy today and want to get a vote in. Pretty random vote, made it late last game, good wolf, etc...

Oh jeez. I had my message all typed up on my phone before you..then a customer walked in and I didn't post it until just now and never refreshed to see if there were other votes.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #173
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I hate reality TV...unless it's Amazing Race, of course...so those "super-fans" of all thing reality must go!

VOTE MAUBOY1

We arent super fans. We are super celebrities..lol
Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #174
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Jag
Old 02-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #175
Danny
Head Coach

Ugg

Vote Jag

My reasoning for this vote is that my teammate already has a vote, so I am putting a second vote on JAG to help establish him and CR as candidates ahead of Mauboy.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #176
Danny
Head Coach

And now I'm going to have to come up with a different day 2 vote plan as my teammate and I are the two people with second votes lol
Old 02-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #177
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 176:

JAG 2 - Autumn (164), Danny (175)
Chief Rum 2 - Lathum (170), mauboy1 (171)
mauboy1 1 - PackerFanatic (169)
Old 02-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #178
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I support you in your choices. Why, one of my teammates on my world champion team had a nephew who was gay!

But let's face it, you guys don't stand a chance, so it might as well be you taking it for the team.

I'm not usually into retaliatory votes, but I can't let that smack go unchallenged. And with your championship pedigree, it probably wouldn't be wise to let you hang around.

Vote Autumn
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

To clarrify on energy. Energy is per individual. Aggression is a team total.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #180
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 179:

JAG 2 - Autumn (164), Danny (175)
mauboy1 1 - PackerFanatic (169)
Autumn - JAG (178)
Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #181
bhlloy
Coordinator

Those posts from mauboy have peaked my interest.. so for now until I have a better reason

Vote MAUBOY1
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #182
MartinD
High School Varsity

Checking in, and catching up - the WW side looks pretty straightforward, but it might take me a bit of time to get my head around the best way to approach the race side of the game. (This is where it doesn't help that I've never seen the programme before!) Mind you, it'll probably take longer to get used to being in close proximity to that ... Why, hello dear!

I haven't been in all that many games, but is it not a bit unusual that the votes seem to be reasonably concentrated this early on day 1? I'm sure that it's normal for there to be at least 5 or 6 players with a vote before we start getting multiple players with multiple votes, particularly in a game of this size...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #183
Autumn
Head Coach

That is a bit odd, Martin. With 20 players I would expect a 7 person spread to start off with. I wonder if it has to do with the teams, everybody has twice as much at stake and so is more concerned with keeping both of their team members out of the limelight?
Old 02-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #184
Danny
Head Coach

Maybe a little odd, but we're better off with more concentrated votes
Old 02-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #185
MartinD
High School Varsity

Even with the unusual concentration of the votes, I don't like spreading the votes over more players on day 1 if I can help it - will be voting for one of the three who currently have two votes.

None of the three are my teammate, so it's pretty much 'pick one at random' time...

VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Oh jeez. I had my message all typed up on my phone before you..then a customer walked in and I didn't post it until just now and never refreshed to see if there were other votes.

Hey, you're responsible for checking out what has been posted since you started your message, so you get no breaks from me dropping a second vote on me so quick. I have to think it looks suspicious.

VOTE MAUBOY1

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #187
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote mauboy1

With a vote on my teammate I'm going with the current leader.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #188
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hey, you're responsible for checking out what has been posted since you started your message, so you get no breaks from me dropping a second vote on me so quick. I have to think it looks suspicious.

VOTE MAUBOY1

And then it happens to me, lol.

It's still an iffy move, though, so I'll keep my vote here for now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, okay, now you guys are tripping me out.

I'm going to take my vote off of mauboy1 and re-assess.

UNVOTE MAUBOY1

Old 02-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #190
Danny
Head Coach

Wow, four straight votes for Mauboy.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #191
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm likely to use my vote defensively, if push comes to shove, today as I think Chief Rum is a good player in addition to being my teammate. I don't want to handicap our chances of winning on the 20% chance that he is a wolf.

I expect everyone would feel the same way about protecting their teammates, given the lack of initial information, but I feel even more strongly about it knowing I'm with a guy I value a lot as a villager.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #192
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote JAG
Vote ntndeacon

Right now it does look like we are focusing a lot on stronger more vocal players, so I'm going to put my vote on a quieter player.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #193
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote JAG
Vote ntndeacon
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #194
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'd like to see what happens with another candidate thrown in the mix. Out of the three leaders I'd probably end up voting for mau but I don't like the run that just happened. For now:

VOTE NTN
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #195
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I was fine putting a vote on chief for the reason that he was unlikely to get voted out on the first day. With his performance on the last game I'd want him gone as a wolf so I figure there would be a few wolves who'd want to jump on the train to vote for him (and come to think of it was not going to happen anyway.). I didn't expect to Garner this muchattention though but that's what happens when u don't refresh(not easy on the phone to copy paste though I've figured it out now) regardless, the end result is that we need someone lynched. It shouldn't be me on the first day as a regular contestant... I helped the villagers go on a roll the last game and feel I've got lots to offer as a villager. Especially in just my second game back from a few year layoff. I'm itching to kill some bad guys again! And fwiw if I do die it would be a regular villager w no special powers.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #196
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 195:

mauboy1 4 - PackerFanatic (169), bhlloy (181), MartinD (185), mckerney (187)
ntndeacon 2 - Danny (193), The Jackal (194)
JAG 1 - Autumn (164)
Autumn - JAG (178)
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #197
bhlloy
Coordinator

wow... that run on Mauboy looks really bad for me right now if he turns out villager

That last post didn't do much to dispel the reasons I voted for him however. I'm gonna stick to this one for the time being.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #198
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone may want to take the over on the inbox clears....
Old 02-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #199
MartinD
High School Varsity

Some strange voting patterns already - can see this offering opportunities for analysis further down the line...

I don't like the run of votes on mauboy1 (yes, I'm aware that I was a part of it), but I'm not going to change my vote - for all I know at this point, any one player is as good as any other, and I tend to stick with my Day 1 vote unless there's a very good reason for switching (translation - unless I need to switch my vote in self-defence!)
Old 02-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #200
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll join the NTN group at this point. Hoping to be back before deadline to see if anything emerges as a reason for my vote other than "not my teammate".

VOTE NTN
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote