Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #2401
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Yeah, here we go. I'm sure I make outlandish statements like this all the time but god damn it, listen to me when I'm right people

I had to overact a little bit to this and then dzilla the following day - I didn't want that train of thought picking up too much steam that early in the game. I felt bad about lashing out against dzilla, who I don't think I've played with before, in that spot. It was a winning strategy, but it wasn't ideal in terms of being particularly friendly and accommodating for a new(er?) player in the game thread.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #2402
Autumn
Head Coach

How better to teach him to hate your black werewolf heart like the rest of us?

The wolves had a great game, but what I liked was that it was not a clearcut shutout. Joker started out very strong, then Abe took the lead, then Hoops, and Tyrith at the end. Great game.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #2403
hoopsguy
General Manager

Right, I generally try not to have people cursing my name until the 3rd time (give or take a game) we play together
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #2404
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I had to overact a little bit to this and then dzilla the following day - I didn't want that train of thought picking up too much steam that early in the game. I felt bad about lashing out against dzilla, who I don't think I've played with before, in that spot. It was a winning strategy, but it wasn't ideal in terms of being particularly friendly and accommodating for a new(er?) player in the game thread.

You have played with me before - just got a new forum to hide my identity better (Danny pointed it out before the game began).

Your "lashing out" was no big deal (its a game), but it did ping me hard as a wolf play (Chubby did, too tbh). Wished I had had enough ammo to save myself and bring you down.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #2405
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I should note that NTN's scan of you failed because of the corrupted judge.

ahh
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #2406
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Right, I generally try not to have people cursing my name until the 3rd time (give or take a game) we play together

let this be preemptive for the next 3 days of play

vote hoops
vote hoops
vote hoops
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #2407
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, CF, thanks a ton for jumping in and right into the middle of things. That was great, and definitely helped the game keep up its momentum.

I think for the rest of my games i'll have a "replacement player" policy. I felt bad that people were reading one way or the other into when I chose to replace NTN. Something like, no posts or PMs in 48 hours means you're out? Hard and fast so there's no question about it.

When Gonzo went in active in mine, it was like 3 different people that PMed me and others were posting about him. WHich is why I started PMing him. When he wasn't around AND missed the first vote, I PMed him the next day to vote. It was I think wednesday when I decided just to drop him (day 3). That seemed about right.

So I think if a player misses ANYTHING, a vote or a scan, the GM should PM them and say "what's up?"

And replace them if they don't show...but there should be a consistentcy whether it's a roled role or not otherwise people will figure out which replacements are wolves/seer/vanillas, etc
Old 06-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #2408
Autumn
Head Coach

Right, I was working on NTN not just because he had a role, but it had been four days including the weekend he hadn't even logged in. But a hard and fast policy will avoid speculation. I think people miss a deadline often enough that two deadlines is a good policy basically.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #2409
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
i got scanned twice and you still fell for the obvious fake reveal???

I still have no clue how that was fell for.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #2410
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Right, I was working on NTN not just because he had a role, but it had been four days including the weekend he hadn't even logged in. But a hard and fast policy will avoid speculation. I think people miss a deadline often enough that two deadlines is a good policy basically.

1 deadline PM them, 2 deadlines replace.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #2411
Danny
Head Coach

I've never been wrong when Hoops has been a wolf. I've been wrong many time when Hoops wasn't a wolf.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #2412
J23
College Benchwarmer

That's easy when you always assume he's a wolf!
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #2413
Danny
Head Coach

Exactly!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #2414
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Great game mobsters. It was a fun game all around despite getting lynched early on. Thanks for running the game autumn!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote