Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #301
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Can't wait to see Autumn's head explode at keeping track of the votes once Lathum gets here as well.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:47 PM   #302
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Tiny troubles (tiny troubles)
won't be fine (won't be fine)
Make me happy (make me happy)
don't cross my line (don't cross my line)

Tiny troubles (tiny troubles)
Make me warm all over
With a feeling that I'm gonna
haunt you till the end of time

So here's to the crazy loon
And here's to your fee
And mostly here's to the end coming soon
for you and me

So here's to the place you will forever lay
yesterday, tomorrow or today
And here's to the abyss
for that's the price you will pay

Well I promised didn't I?

vote danny
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #303
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

ntndeacon 2 - JAG (82), Zinto (281)

mauboy 5 - Narcizo (92), PackerFanatic (201), Bhlloy (289), MrBug (291), Danny (297)

MrBug 2 - Hoopsguy (159), ntndeacon (253)

12 to vote I believe.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #304
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure how much Crimson is going to enjoy seeing what happened when he posted a bunch compared to when Danny did.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #305
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh wait that was Tiny Troubles! My mistake (and well done)
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #306
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

ntndeacon 2 - JAG (82), Zinto (281)

mauboy 5 - Narcizo (92), PackerFanatic (201), Bhlloy (289), MrBug (291), Danny (297)

MrBug 2 - Hoopsguy (159), ntndeacon (253)

Danny 1 - Thomkal (302)

11 to vote I believe.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #307
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not sure how much Crimson is going to enjoy seeing what happened when he posted a bunch compared to when Danny did.

Serves him right. He should have joined the game so he could moan about it here. And to help threaten the Dungeon's post count.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #308
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well I promised didn't I?

vote danny

Unvote Mauboy
Vote Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #309
Danny
Head Coach

Autumn, if that is not allowed let me know and I'll change it now (as opposed to when the next vote comes)
Old 06-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #310
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You do realize that Mau had 4 votes at the time right? And a better vote would have been to ntn

If I remember correctly Hoops was suspicious of DT for doing the same thing on day one in the Lone Wolf game. I still don't really understand the argument against it, except from a functional point of view that it probably won't work as people are going to counter-vote anyway.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #311
Danny
Head Coach

The argument is that people aren't going to let a runaway vote happen, so you're better off voting another player ahead of you and trying to establish them as the second candidate allowing yourself to drop back into third. Further, most votes develop into a 2 player race, so it helps you potentially avoid being a candidate at all.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #312
Danny
Head Coach

However in his case, it appears he may just have not looked at things much and needed to place a quick vote before he left.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #313
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, if that is not allowed let me know and I'll change it now (as opposed to when the next vote comes)

Knock yourself out. You're all free to vote for yourselves.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #314
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

can somebody recap the argument for mauboy?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #315
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

seriously guys, wtf
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #316
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Interesting run on me.

I think all Danny is doing is getting away from being read like I read him last game. He's pulling a bit of a lathum where it was just off the wall different. I'm not sure yet what it means. But iirc lathum was a villager when he went on goofy runs early in the game. Correct m if I'm wrong.

And if I am the highest vote fetter I guess I need to pick from one of the two next highest vote getters.

vote ntn

I am going here because bug gm'd a league I was in a while back.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #317
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Danny
Vote ntn
Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #318
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

Its day 1. Someones gotta go.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #319
Danny
Head Coach

The argument is that Gotham is a place for men, not boys
Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #320
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
seriously guys, wtf

I'm not sure there is an equal share of responsibility among the players in your complaint
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #321
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

not a fan of the early NTN voters, seems like way to easy of a target based on his style.

Vote Zinto
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #322
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote ntn
Vote Zinto
Old 06-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #323
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Danny must not have anything to do today!

I need to get some work done now... *yawn*
Old 06-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #324
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
The argument is that people aren't going to let a runaway vote happen, so you're better off voting another player ahead of you and trying to establish them as the second candidate allowing yourself to drop back into third. Further, most votes develop into a 2 player race, so it helps you potentially avoid being a candidate at all.

I understand why it's a bad move, I just don't understand why it's a wolfy move. I shall await enlightenment from Hoops. Tomorrow probably.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #325
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Danny must not have anything to do today!

I need to get some work done now... *yawn*

That is correct , I have a hurt ankle and my internship just ended, so I am around the house most of the day for now. I do need to finish writing my comps in the next month though, so I'll likely be doing that and playing werewolf / running my game most of the day.

That said, I may be going over to my dad's a little later today
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #326
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I understand why it's a bad move, I just don't understand why it's a wolfy move. I shall await enlightenment from Hoops. Tomorrow probably.

Only a wolfy move if ntn is a wolf also. FWIW, that day Hoops suspected DT, I also went after DT as well, but not because of his vote.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #327
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

A tendency to be UTR if not pressed and generally a devious wolf. After that current thinking is that you're better off consolidating votes rather than spreading them out.

I think the haste with which people have been consolidating the vote is noticeable here though as I think it's a bit early in the day for that. Might be reviewing the options here.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #328
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
A tendency to be UTR if not pressed and generally a devious wolf. After that current thinking is that you're better off consolidating votes rather than spreading them out.

I think the haste with which people have been consolidating the vote is noticeable here though as I think it's a bit early in the day for that. Might be reviewing the options here.

Or this
Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #329
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

i'm just concerned going after a UTR that has a lower probability of being against gotham than somebody that clearly is on day 1... (danny). That applies to anyone being voted for with UTR being a reason, not just mauboy.

if the argument against voting for danny is we are worried about activating a power or he might have a duke power then isn't it better to get rid of the duke early on or alert batman to a clear criminal if he activates a power?

I just keep coming back to the fact that danny is the only one i'm pretty sure of being against gotham... and neither of the 2 possible mob members (in my mind) have 1 vote either...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #330
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That is correct , I have a hurt ankle and my internship just ended, so I am around the house most of the day for now. I do need to finish writing my comps in the next month though, so I'll likely be doing that and playing werewolf / running my game most of the day.

That said, I may be going over to my dad's a little later today

Just popping in to say congrats on you finishing your internship Danny. My wife just had her hooding ceremony a few weeks ago and has another Masters degree and a CAGS now. Her internship actually doesn't finish for another few weeks though (schools here go until late June), but she'll get her license then. Good luck on the next part too (getting the job now!)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #331
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Narcizo ,

I have to disagree with your points on me being a good wolf. I had one good day as a wolf and that's about it. All the other times I have flubbed up bad.

I will give you that for the most part I am hard to read (if your name isn't Danny) due to my uncertainty style. LOL! I confuse myself most of the time in this game.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #332
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just popping in to say congrats on you finishing your internship Danny. My wife just had her hooding ceremony a few weeks ago and has another Masters degree and a CAGS now. Her internship actually doesn't finish for another few weeks though (schools here go until late June), but she'll get her license then. Good luck on the next part too (getting the job now!)

Thanks! Congrats to your wife as well! I just had my hooding last week. How is the job market where you guys are at? It's really bad in the Los Angeles area. It's almost a guarantee we'll have to move, it's just a question of how far. We may even look into the Portland / Seattle area if I am unable to find anything in a decent location in California.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks! Congrats to your wife as well! I just had my hooding last week. How is the job market where you guys are at? It's really bad in the Los Angeles area. It's almost a guarantee we'll have to move, it's just a question of how far. We may even look into the Portland / Seattle area if I am unable to find anything in a decent location in California.

She's ok for jobs here because she is hispanic and bi-lingual with two masters and previous teaching experience. I think one of the others in her class is having a tougher time though, but there are at least jobs here if you don't care about working in smaller school districts in the middle of nowhere.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #334
mckerney
Coordinator

Woke up at 2 pm, so just checking thread now. Hoping everyone didn't vote most UTR so far.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #335
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll be heading out for a few hours. I'll check in on PMs and questions this evening.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #336
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City Afternoon Vote Count

ntn - jag (82), zinto (281), mauboy (316)
mauboy - narcizo (92), packerfanatic (201), bhlloy (289), mrbug708 (291)
mrbug - hoopsguy (159), ntndeacon (253)
danny - thomkal (302)
zinto - lathum (321), danny (322)
Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #337
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
She's ok for jobs here because she is hispanic and bi-lingual with two masters and previous teaching experience. I think one of the others in her class is having a tougher time though, but there are at least jobs here if you don't care about working in smaller school districts in the middle of nowhere.

That's great, being bilingual helps a lot. I am male which I've heard helps a little, but not as much as being bilingual. I tend to interview pretty well and am usually well liked, but it's just so bad here and while I have some behavior therapist experience, there are definitely a lot of candidates with more overall experience than me (especially with many districts laying off people and having to compete with people who have actually done the job for a few years. Even those who are bilingual and have teaching experience are not getting jobs. I have one classmate who got a part time job, but it's few hours from here and like I said, part time so no benefits and only a fraction of the pay.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #338
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
i'm just concerned going after a UTR that has a lower probability of being against gotham than somebody that clearly is on day 1... (danny). That applies to anyone being voted for with UTR being a reason, not just mauboy.

Dunno Chubby - what would you rather see? Everyone piling onto Danny? While Danny may be against the village I think the chances are high that he's against the mob as well. He's out in the open, where's he going to go? My read is that the mob is likely steering clear of the whole Danny farago. If you're a wolf you tend to try not to antagonise/attract the attention of someone with a possible duke power.

But if you suspect someone of being mob you should vote for them - there's a long time to deadline, despite the apparent desire to consolidate the vote. I realise I'm probably one of your suspects but so be it.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #339
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Unvote mauboy
Vote Bhlloy

a) hasn't expressed anything significant about Danny, fitting in with my "avoid getting dragged into the debate/attracting duke's attention" idea.
b) "Goes along" with consolidating the vote. Don't like it.

I know this goes counter to my usual voting policy but I think there'll be at least one other vote on my man. For a while at least.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #340
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Zinto
Vote Bhlloy
Old 06-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #341
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway, that will be me for the day. My presence will be intermittent until Tuesday. How intermittent depends on the vagaries of Telia's mobile broadband in the depths of the Skanian countryside.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #342
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
not a fan of the early NTN voters, seems like way to easy of a target based on his style.

Vote Zinto

For what it's worth, that was one of my reasons for voting him. There has been a general mention of that observation though, so I think the wolves have avoided him to this point.

Unvote ntn
Vote bhlloy

Not completely sure about Bug or Mau, but I feel uneasy about how they attracted votes.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #343
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what the f*** is danny taking? I would like two please!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #344
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll actually be around today after all. i took a personal day from work :-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #345
Danny
Head Coach

Trust me, you don't want two
Old 06-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #346
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

How is bhlloy's wanting to consolidate different from most of the other consolidation votes?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #347
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
How is bhlloy's wanting to consolidate different from most of the other consolidation votes?

Because he did it without swagger
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #348
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Mrbug
Vote Zinto
Old 06-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #349
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Bhlloy
Vote Zinto
Old 06-01-2011, 03:58 PM   #350
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because he did it without swagger

sorry just don't buy it yet. So I went elsewhere.