Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Fantasy Football 2015 Advice Thread

Its getting to be that time of year again!

My question is..

I can keep 2 out of these 3 while losing the according round draft pick

Antonio Brown (2)
Rob Gronkowski (5)
Odell Beckham Jr (10)

Leaning towards Gronk/Beckham but seeking opinions.

Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Beckham's on the Madden cover. Dump him.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

PPR?

Obv Gronk. Monitor Beckham's injury sitch

Last edited by stevew : 07-05-2015 at 09:30 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post

My question is..

Antonio Brown (2)
Rob Gronkowski (5)
Odell Beckham Jr (10)

Gronk and Beckham due to the draft picks being lost (5 and 10) as opposed to (2) and something else.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Yes.. its ppr.. and I'm seriously leaning towards that depending on Beckham's Hamstring issue
Old 07-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

Gronk & Beckham and there's no reason to even think about it.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I loved Brown last year, but the draft picks attached make Gronk and OBJ easy choices, IMO.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #8
molson
General Manager

I got peer pressured into my first fantasy football league in about 3 years. Draft tonight, pick #3. No PPR, but harsh penalties for fumbling.

I'm finding a lot of different opinions on the top 5 RBs and am struggling to nail down my top 3. I guess its Lacy/Bell/Peterson/Charles/Lynch. I know Bell is missing the first two games but I'll have a bunch of RBs who aren't injured yet and I can work around him. I hate drafting old RBs, but those last 3 all have factors that mitigate their age.

Last edited by molson : 08-20-2015 at 05:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm a fan of Peterson this year over the rest of the guys. My order would probably be:

Peterson, Bell, Lacy, Charles, Lynch

But I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the top 3.

Last edited by cmp : 08-20-2015 at 06:09 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 06:10 PM   #10
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post

My question is..

Antonio Brown (2)
Rob Gronkowski (5)
Odell Beckham Jr (10)

Has to be Gronk and Beckham. I'm not one to draft Gronk early but 5th is great value.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:23 AM   #11
britrock88
Pro Starter

^Agree.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:13 AM   #12
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I've also got Jeremy Hill with a 9th round pick lost.. still leaning towards gronk/Beckham though
Old 08-23-2015, 11:10 PM   #13
molson
General Manager

Don't you just love fantasy leagues with friends and friends of friends where guys like Jordy Nelson go down with an ACL tear and then are successfully traded in the league the next morning?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:27 PM   #14
TwinCitiesFan
n00b

$50 10 Team ESPN League, auction draft 8/29/15, looking for a couple of owners

Looking for a couple of owners to be in this league, here are some of the details...

Entry and Payout: All handled thru League Safe, $50 entry fee, 10 team league with two division winners and next best record make the playoffs. The prizes are 1st Place = $200, 2nd Place = $125, 3rd Place = $100, and 4th Place = $75.

Draft: Auction Draft (200), August 29th at 4pm Eastern Time

Scoring: Customized (can provide copy or use link below) with focus on Touchdowns, reduced yardage bonuses.

League Settings: League Settings - Free Fantasy Football - ESPN

Owners: The others all have several years’ experience with fantasy football, very experienced League Manager running Fantasy Baseball and Football Leagues for 15+ years.

Email [email protected] for more information, interest, or invite.
TwinCitiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #15
Suicane75
Coordinator

Are there any sites out there that have expert draft recaps or analysis? Maybe my googlefu isn't working so good but it seems with baseball they're all over the place, not so much with football.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:18 AM   #16
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

3rd overall pick in a 12 team league this year. Hmm.

Leaning towards a ranking of Lacy / Lynch / Charles, honestly. I don't know wtf Peterson is gonna do, and I'm not gonna burn a top 3 pick on someone who is guaranteed to miss the first 2 weeks in Bell.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:57 AM   #17
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, I'm filling in to draft for a friend (honest). His league is standard scoring, 12 teams, 3WR starters. They allow 3 keepers for each team, and then just have a snake draft (no variable pick loss for keepers- just a simple "start with three guys" rule).

So, here's the mess I inherit:
Keepers: QB Matt Ryan, WR AJ Green, RB Ryan Mathews (?!)
3rd round pick dealt for a 9th (to get AJ Green)

His team picks 7th in the snake draft... so we have picks 7 and 18 before waiting two long rounds to select again.

My first instinct is to just take best RB available in rounds 1 and 2 here - decades of fantasy experience seem to urge this. However, the 3WR setup has me worried that I'd be sticking him with hobos at 2 WR spots that way, and that maybe the play here is to start WR and then commit to "best RB available" for something like 4 of the next 6 picks, and hope for the best.

Top names available seem like:

QB Brees, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Brady, etc
RB Forsett, Ingram, Gore, Miller, Randle, Gordon, Gurley, Ellington, Blount, Abdullah, Stewart, Hyde, Yeldon, Crowell, Jennings, A Foster, Ivory
WR Cobb(!), Hilton, Jeffrey, Hopkins, Matthews, Cooks
TE all but Gronk and Graham
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #18
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

TL;DR version: yes, you should be drafting a WR early.

First off, that is a disgusting keeper list, especially since he had to trade up to get the only talent on it. Oof.

I don't know that I upgrade Cobb all that much, despite being the 'only' good option there now. He'll see more targets, sure, but he's also going to have all the pressure of the defense on him. I know teams won't be able to completely sell out on him because this IS Aaron Rodgers, but I don't know if I upgrade him all that much because of the injury.

Based on that list, you're getting one of those WRs if you go WR first - hard to believe all 6 guys in front of you are going WR. In that case, I think WR first and then RB is a good strategy; none of those RB's strike me as can't-miss kind of guys, so you'll be left with some decent options coming back. And with the talent at QB still out there, there should be plenty of teams with QB needs who will be taking them, leaving more talent out there for you to get.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #19
QuikSand
lolzcat

Yeah, I think I could live with something like Cooks-Ellington-Ivory. Since this team is dead for keepers, I might even spring earlier than expected on Gurley or Foster, thinking either could easily vault back into legit keeper territory.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #20
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Where you guys thinking Foster's gonna go at this point?
Old 08-28-2015, 12:58 PM   #21
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Yeah, I think I could live with something like Cooks-Ellington-Ivory. Since this team is dead for keepers, I might even spring earlier than expected on Gurley or Foster, thinking either could easily vault back into legit keeper territory.

Yeah, on that list the names that jumped out at me were Cooks, Ellington and Foster, actually. I like Carlos Hyde from the 49ers, but there are way too many question marks to make him worth his usual draft position this season. The offensive line is a question mark (they still don't even know who will start at right guard) and the defense could be atrocious, so the running game this season is going to be difficult. Plus there are a handful of solid backs on their roster - Reggie Bush and Kendall Hunter are the obvious ones, but the rugby guy Hayne has been turning heads as a kick returner, and the 49ers may want to try to get him some additional touches in the offense. I think there's an outside shot Hyde is useful this year, and a good shot for him to be a solid RB2/RB3 in the next couple of seasons.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 08-28-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:12 PM   #22
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Foster's timetable keeps getting moved up if you believe reports.

I'd also add Agholor to that list at WR. I think he could blow past Jordan Matthews this year as a future keeper.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 08-28-2015 at 07:23 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #23
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
I don't know that I upgrade Cobb all that much, despite being the 'only' good option there now. He'll see more targets, sure, but he's also going to have all the pressure of the defense on him. I know teams won't be able to completely sell out on him because this IS Aaron Rodgers, but I don't know if I upgrade him all that much because of the injury.

I disagree on Cobb, I think Davante Adams has shown enough that he should alleviate any extra defensive pressure Cobb's way. I project him over 100 catches this year.

But as my old boss always said, that's why they put different color jellybeans in the jar.
Old 08-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #24
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I learned the hard way last year about the death of the feature back in the NFL. I went RB-RB-RB round 1-2-4 and finished 2nd to last due to having blanks at WR and inconsistency at QB (I took #11 and #13 off the board in my league last year.)

Just did my draft this year and went WR in rounds 1-3-5-6 (Demaryius Thomas, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Golden Tate) with Jeremy Hill and Ben Roethlisberger thrown in there for good measure. My QB situation was a mess last year too and I vowed I would have one of the top six QB's off the board. Roethlisberger was the 6th to go in my league and I got him at the end of the 4th.

It's a 12 team league. I want to win this league, but more than anything I want to figure out RB-WR balance. Fantasy football is changing.

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-29-2015 at 06:12 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:38 AM   #25
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
So, I'm filling in to draft for a friend (honest). His league is standard scoring, 12 teams, 3WR starters. They allow 3 keepers for each team, and then just have a snake draft (no variable pick loss for keepers- just a simple "start with three guys" rule).

So, here's the mess I inherit:
Keepers: QB Matt Ryan, WR AJ Green, RB Ryan Mathews (?!)
3rd round pick dealt for a 9th (to get AJ Green)

His team picks 7th in the snake draft... so we have picks 7 and 18 before waiting two long rounds to select again.

My first instinct is to just take best RB available in rounds 1 and 2 here - decades of fantasy experience seem to urge this. However, the 3WR setup has me worried that I'd be sticking him with hobos at 2 WR spots that way, and that maybe the play here is to start WR and then commit to "best RB available" for something like 4 of the next 6 picks, and hope for the best.

Top names available seem like:

QB Brees, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Brady, etc
RB Forsett, Ingram, Gore, Miller, Randle, Gordon, Gurley, Ellington, Blount, Abdullah, Stewart, Hyde, Yeldon, Crowell, Jennings, A Foster, Ivory
WR Cobb(!), Hilton, Jeffrey, Hopkins, Matthews, Cooks
TE all but Gronk and Graham

Drafted yesterday, was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. He described the league as "very savvy" to me, but I guess that might be true relative to him. I was unimpressed.

RBs Miller, Gore, and Forsett went ahead of my pick, as did WRs Cobb, Stills, and Cooper.

So, I went ahead and took my BPA in TY Hilton, and decided to roll with whatever they left for me at RB. Since I felt the team was so far behind anyway with a dreadful keeper list, I really felt like this year was a longshot, so I didn't mind going all in on keeper-friendly picks, even at the expense of this season (or at least the early part of same).

So, got RB Gurley in round 5, sat out round 6, and then got Abdullah in round 7. Backed them up with Devonta Freeman soon after, and still did okay with my array of reserves and fill-ins.

I told him if his team can start 2-2 (somehow) then he might actually contend this year. But if things play out properly, he could have a nice array of potential keepers to sort through at season's end -- Gurley and Abdullah, AJ Green and Hilton, and theoretically Ryan or Bridgewater. For a "just keep three" league I suspect I've at least righted that part of the ship.

Drafting for a friend is a weird deal.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #26
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Old and washed up DeAngelo Williams tonight against the Pats or young and who knows what to expect T.J. Yeldon on Sunday against the Panthers. I have Tre Mason as well I could toss in the RB2 spot too, but he isn't practicing this week and faces the Seahawks so I think I'm going to stay away from that.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #27
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Tre Mason is likely out.. so that eliminates that bad choice.. i'd say Deangelo.. but its close..
Old 09-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #28
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hope you got Deangelo in. Hindsight!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #29
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Couple of lineup decisions I'm waffling about at the moment:

Team 1:
Carlos Hyde vs. Chris Ivory

Team 2:
Pick one for my flex spot:
Doug Martin
Mike Evans
Latavius Murray
Keenan Allen
Golden Tate
Nelson Agholor
Giovanni Bernard

Team 3:
Pick two, one must be an RB:
Carlos Hyde
Andre Ellington
Nelson Agholor
John Brown
Brian Quick
Devin Funchess

Right now I'm leaning
1. Hyde
2. Martin
3. Hyde/Ellington
Old 09-19-2015, 04:20 AM   #30
AlexB
Pro Starter

I've just changed my lineup three times, and checked Ask the Community on CBS and got a different result to what I thought, so figured i'd ask you guys here for a tiebreaker...

PPR league, looking for a flex player. Choices are:
Chris Johnson v. Bears
Donte Moncrief v. Jets
James Jones v. Seahawks

All have potential to either be big/busts. My thoughts were CJ2K because of the strength of defences they are facing, but I'm not sure I fully trust him. Problem is the other two could easily get shut out...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #31
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

That's a tough call. I think the rookie David Johnson could be the better play than CJ2K this week, actually, despite what the coach says about him having to earn his playing time.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:11 AM   #32
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm in a similar boat between Chris Johnson and Rashad Jennings. Just can't decide which to put in my flex. In the end, I'll prolly stick with CJ, since he's playing the Bears.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-19-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #33
cmp
Pro Rookie

Which two would you play? Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Larry Fitzgerald, bishop Sankey? Non-ppr
Old 09-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #34
BYU 14
Coordinator

Not liking my options, I was starting both Jeffery and Hilton and now they are saying Jeffery out and I am not as convinced as Pagano that Hilton will play Monday.

Subbed in Malcom Floyd for Jeffery, but my other receivers on the bench are Agholor and Devante Parker, so I really don't have a good option except to hope that Hilton can go Monday.

I think both Parker and Agholor will get some points later in the year, but not this early.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #35
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I started Roddy White over Colston, hope that doesn't backfire.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #36
kingfc22
Head Coach

Any drawback to selecting NO in survivor this weekend? I just don't see how TB has any shot at winning on the road, which of course means an upset is coming.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #37
miked
College Starter

Man, I have Brady on the road against BUF and Manning at home vs. ATL. I also have NE DEF or CAR DEF (against HOU). Stupid Brady.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:28 AM   #38
Suicane75
Coordinator

I've got Brady, Wilson & Palmer and have to start 2 of them. I didn't start Palmer last week and I ended up leaving points on the board. It's a nice luxury, but it's giving me fantasy heartburn.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #39
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Should have started White.. oh well I'm up over 100 over the other guy thanks mostly to Brady OBJ and E. Sanders.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #40
cmp
Pro Rookie

My Vincent Jackson for his Rashad Jennings? Was just offered this. I am trying to guage what type of running back's I should be looking at getting for a player of Jackson's caliber. This is a 10-team standard scoring league.

My current RB's are Charles, Morris, Sankey, M. Jones, McFadden, A. Williams. I obviously need the help here.

My current WR's are Beckham, Evans, Fitzgerald, Marshall, Watkins, VJax.

Last edited by cmp : 09-21-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:59 AM   #41
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I've just changed my lineup three times, and checked Ask the Community on CBS and got a different result to what I thought, so figured i'd ask you guys here for a tiebreaker...

PPR league, looking for a flex player. Choices are:
Chris Johnson v. Bears
Donte Moncrief v. Jets
James Jones v. Seahawks

All have potential to either be big/busts. My thoughts were CJ2K because of the strength of defences they are facing, but I'm not sure I fully trust him. Problem is the other two could easily get shut out...

So turned out I needed two of the above three - left out Moncrief when Hilton was announced as being probable.

End result? Johnson and Jones scored 2.4 between them, Moncrief 5.0.

I lost by 0.8

Last edited by AlexB : 09-22-2015 at 01:59 AM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #42
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, is the savvy FF vet sending "buy low" offers to the guy who drafted Andrew Luck?
Old 09-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #43
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought most leagues moved towards "no trades.". My friend has a long running league and feels like its the best commish move he's ever made.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #44
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I thought most leagues moved towards "no trades.". My friend has a long running league and feels like its the best commish move he's ever made.

"most leagues"?

I haven't ever seen a league with no trades, and I am in many and have been for several years.

That said, it sounds like an idea that could be useful if you have shady characters in your league.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #45
bhlloy
Coordinator

I've never been in or heard of a league with no trades
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #46
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My leagues hardly ever have trades in the last few seasons, but there aren't any rules against them. People are just too afraid they're being screwed to accept a trade.

That being said, I have an offer that seems intriguing:

I give QB Cam Newton
I get WR Terrance Williams

I've got Peyton and Mariota as well as Newton, and my WR's are:
Odell Beckham Jr
Jarvis Landry
John Brown
Alshon Jeffery
Nelson Agholor

I'm leaning yes on the trade at the moment.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #47
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
My leagues hardly ever have trades in the last few seasons, but there aren't any rules against them. People are just too afraid they're being screwed to accept a trade.

That being said, I have an offer that seems intriguing:

I give QB Cam Newton
I get WR Terrance Williams

I've got Peyton and Mariota as well as Newton, and my WR's are:
Odell Beckham Jr
Jarvis Landry
John Brown
Alshon Jeffery
Nelson Agholor

I'm leaning yes on the trade at the moment.

I wouldn't do it. I think Newton will be easily the best of the three by the end of the season. Manning will fade and Mariotta will have rookie inconsistency. Newton is in a terrible division.

Williams will have Weeden throwing to him for at least 8 weeks and he didn't really seem to take advantage of Dez's absence last week, Weeden or Romo throwing, other than the TD (a type of TD which isn't something you can count on, like a red zone-end zone type). I think your WRs are fine. OBJr and Landry are top WRs and Brown will get his points. You could use more WR depth (especially with Jeffery hurt), but not at the cost of your best QB.

Old 09-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #48
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't like that trade either, Vince.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #49
bhlloy
Coordinator

+1. Newton is the best of your QBs and Williams value isn't that hot with Weeden or Cassell throwing him the ball.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #50
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I think I'm just having a hard time imagining Peyton really being bad all season long.