Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2024, 07:25 AM   #151
Edward64
Head Coach

I've always wanted to write an epic fantasy novel. I've half-way seriously written down the plot, some characters, some scenes, the ending etc. Actually, did some writing ...

But what stopped me is I realized that side of the brain was messed up. After decades of technical writing, proposals, business emails etc. I just wasn't a "creative writing" person, I think my plot was great but my prose really, really sucked ... much more the "tell, not show".

Now, there is a new paradigm ...

For the past couple weeks, I've been watching a bunch of YT and trying out several pieces of software with AI assisted writing. There's a lot of variety out there and there's a lot of different AI engines, some much better than others. It's very evident that we are at the early stages of AI assisted writing (and bugginess), but it's only going to get better.

So, if anyone dreams of writing a fiction novel, I'd say brush off that dust and start checking out the software available.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-03-2024 at 07:26 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 10:13 AM   #152
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have had a coming of age story set in a zombie apocalypse kicking around in my mind for a long time.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 12:08 PM   #153
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I have had a coming of age story set in a zombie apocalypse kicking around in my mind for a long time.

Nice.

May I suggest either Sudowriter and NovelCrafter for "fiction writing".

Sudowriter is more mature and costs more. NovelCrafter is more buggy but is more my "workflow" ... and significantly cheaper as I'm exploring stuff.

I'm thinking I'm going to write with NovelCrafter as first draft and then use Sudowriter to clean it up. I've subscribed to both just to play around and better understand how things work.

Just a note. Zombies imply violence. ChatGPT and some other AIs will admonish you for trying to use them. Sudowriter and NovelCrafter lets you plug into other AIs but their "prose" is not near as good as ChatGPT.
Old 01-04-2024, 05:23 AM   #154
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW I'm also looking into AI generated art. Write a book for Kindle self publishing, you need at a minimum a book cover.

Been checking out Dall-e, Midjourney and Stable Diffusion. Haven't gotten as far yet in my research but those are the 3 coming up. Anyone have any insights, let me know.

From what I've read, either pay $ for someone to create the cover, or use an AI generator and some photoshop to add the title, author's name etc. I'm thinking the latter for my first attempt ...
Old 01-04-2024, 06:32 AM   #155
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

In addition to providing structure and helping you with the writing, the AI can also be very helpful with brainstorming your idea.

In GPT-4 Turbo, I prompted below. It came up with some pretty good stuff.

Quote:
can you suggest acts and chapters for coming of age story set in a modern day zombie apocalypse. in addition to the main plot, please highlight a twist and 2 subplots
Quote:
Act I: A World in Pieces
Chapter 1: Last Days of Normalcy
Main Plot: Introduce the protagonist's life before the outbreak: school, family, and personal conflicts. Subplot: The protagonist has a crush on a classmate, setting up the romantic subplot.

Chapter 2: The Fracture
Main Plot: The outbreak begins. The protagonists witness the first signs of chaos and must escape an initial attack. Subplot: The protagonist’s romantic interest is also trying to survive, and they decide to stick together.

Chapter 3: Broken Bonds
Main Plot: The protagonist is separated from their family, establishing a central emotional struggle. Subplot: Mysterious emails received by the protagonist hint at a conspiracy concerning the outbreak's origin.
:
:

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-04-2024 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-04-2024, 12:11 PM   #156
molson
General Manager

That's pretty good. It's amazing the stuff it comes up with. I particularly enjoy adding Don Knotts to any novel of screenplay idea I feed into it. I'm not sure we need writers anymore.

On another note, a former CEO of a very large Idaho corporation has come to work for our office and did a little speech for everyone a while back. The one thing I remember was him talking about how he was trying to get companies to understand and embrace the internet in the 90's but nobody could understand what it would be and why it was relevant to them. There were fortunes won and lost, careers that rose and fell, and it was all based on that ability to grasp what the internet could be. He said we are exactly in that same time period right now with respect to AI.

Last edited by molson : 01-04-2024 at 12:16 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:04 PM   #157
Kodos
Resident Alien

I had a post outlining the broad plot of my book, but decided I don't actually want to share that.

On a very high level, the protagonist is separated from his longtime crush and must make his way to her. As he journeys toward her at great peril to himself, we get flashbacks showing how he fell for her. It's set in the 80s/90s.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 02:07 PM   #158
Edward64
Head Coach

You may be too late.

See Netflix “Love and Monsters”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-19tBHrZwOM
Old 01-04-2024, 02:12 PM   #159
molson
General Manager

Throw in Don Knotts and it's a whole new thing.

I plugged him into Edward64's ChatGPT question and he played a eccentric survivalist from the edge of town who is revealed to have developed a wide variety of useful gadgets to help out the protagonists through dangerous situations.

I recognized that Don Knotts has passed on, but, I think AI can solve that issue also.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 06:01 AM   #160
Edward64
Head Coach

I think this is cool and I like the goal.

But no, don't think I'd volunteer to be Beta or v1.

Quote:
Elon Musk’s controversial startup Neuralink has implanted a chip in a human brain for the first time, the billionaire said in a post on his X platform late Monday.

The operation took place on Sunday and the patient was recovering well, he added.

Musk’s announcement could mark an important milestone for Neuralink’s efforts to usher potentially life-transforming technology out of the lab and into the real world. But he offered few details.

“Initial results show promising neuron spike detection,” the world’s richest man said on X, the social media platform he owns.

Neuralink’s first product would be called Telepathy, he said in another post, adding that its initial users will be people who have lost the use of their limbs.

“Imagine if Stephen Hawking could communicate faster than a speed typist or auctioneer. That is the goal,”
he wrote.
Old 02-01-2024, 07:31 PM   #161
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Dude can't make cars that don't blow up. No way I want him putting a chip in my brain.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 08:47 PM   #162
miked
College Starter

I've seen how this turns out...

Old 02-18-2024, 05:19 AM   #163
Edward64
Head Coach

In case you guys missed it, Sora is going to be revolutionary. We're only in the beginning stages ...

Sora

Checkout the YT video below. The author also shares the prompts to generate the video.

Quote:
With great power comes great responsibility. Yes, I’m borrowing a line from Spider-Man to wrap up the week. Yesterday, OpenAI unveiled Sora, a remarkable tool capable of transforming text prompts into captivating videos. Sora can generate videos up to a minute long, all while maintaining impressive visual quality and adhering closely to the user’s instructions.

This AI model has the ability to craft intricate scenes featuring multiple characters, specific types of motion, and accurate details of both the subject and background. Notably, Sora doesn’t just comprehend the user’s prompt; it also understands how these elements exist in the physical world.

Despite a few limitations in the current model, this technology remains utterly captivating and must be wielded with care. The potential it holds is boundless. Allow me to share a brief video showcasing some of my favorite clips from the website. The attention to detail and vivid imagery in these prompts is nothing short of phenomenal.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:26 AM   #164
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Nice. I have not been here for a while, but have been toying with AI stuff for quite a while now. On Facebook, I am doing what I used to do here and create fake movie stills using AI with Facebook friends that allow me to use their face and create an entire story, poster, and roughly 30 to 50 images per movie.

I have been doing this every week just to stay on top of all the tools and try to use them creatively to see what type of workflows I can create.

Every 3 weeks, on Facebook, we go through a process of selecting a genre , subgenre, and also have a casting call. By then end of the week, the selected genre and subgenre are used to create 2 movies for the next 2 weeks

So far here is my weekly process:
1. Create Title for Movie
2. Create Synposis for Movie
3. Select Cast Members
4. Create roles and descriptions for each character.
5. Create a story through Midjourney prompts based on my synopsis.
6. Create images based on the role and descriptions.
7. Use the images created for those characters as a reference for my later Midjourney prompts I set up above.
8. Faceswap the images and fix them up.

Here are some examples images from the workflow and final movie.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:29 AM   #165
Antmeister
Pro Starter

I have learned a lot about various local and online AI tools. Anything from Midjourney, ChatGPT, Claude, Leonardo AI to Fooocus, LM Studio and even Topaz AI plugins. And the video and audio realms are freaking wild right now.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:24 AM   #166
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have been having way too much fun with suno for the last week or so, and yeah it is impressive and terrifying what they can do already. I wasn't too impressed by the image or chat stuff in the relatively early days, whereas some of the current stuff has blown my mind. I used it to make a song about my cats:

one day in our lord's heaven | Suno
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 04-10-2024 at 02:26 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:59 AM   #167
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I have been having way too much fun with suno for the last week or so, and yeah it is impressive and terrifying what they can do already. I wasn't too impressed by the image or chat stuff in the relatively early days, whereas some of the current stuff has blown my mind. I used it to make a song about my cats:

one day in our lord's heaven | Suno

Oh man....that is pretty good. You should check out the new audio tool (only out in the last couple of day) called Udio (udio.com). The quality of this is freaking bonkers and it is crazy how far both this and standard audio AI tools are rapidly advancing.

Example of one I created for my fake film: https://on.soundcloud.com/Z2pHAXrs2okzndSq6
Old 04-11-2024, 02:28 PM   #168
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Example of one I created for my fake film: Stream Melody's Dawn by A M | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Love it! I tried to sign up to check out udio, but got waitlisted.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote