Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2024, 01:08 PM   #551
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The Lions are the Bengals from two years ago except instead of a porous o-line they have a porous secondary.

Not sure the matchup works at the QB position, but I generally agree with the vibe here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:48 PM   #552
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, definitely a vibe thing. Midwest losers finally breaking through by overachieving and limiting the damage from a giant flaw.

But, yeah, Goff is no Burrow.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:18 PM   #553
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

We're one half away from me changing my response to Browns fans when they complain about their franchise.

Before: 'Please, at least you're not the Lions'

After: 'Yeah, sucks to be you indeed'.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 08:32 PM   #554
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Apparently one half was one too many.

Still an amazing season.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:07 PM   #555
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Guys...you're all fired
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 09:22 PM   #556
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Let's list off all the fuckips this game and what Should have happened instead
Old 01-31-2024, 06:49 AM   #557
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I know our assistance to the Lions has formally ended. But there is one more suggestion I think they should take.

The Saints re-worked Marshon Lattimore's contract in a way that makes him tradable this offseason. (I don't know the ins and outs, but people who know how to read these things said that was the obvious intent of the way the new bonus was structured.)

The Lions will have a late first rounder and need secondary help. Lattimore is a legit #1 CB. The two knocks on him are a bit of injury history and sometimes (by his own admission) losing focus a bit if he isn't motivated.

I think that Dan Campbell can keep him motivated. And you just have to roll the dice with injury.

I see it as a win-win. The Lions get a win-now CB who will step in at a position of need and contribute more immediately than anyone they can get at #28 or whatever it is.

The Saints start the process of digging out from the oldest and most expensive roster in the league by trading a veteran with value for a good draft pick.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:58 AM   #558
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It suddenly dawned on me that maybe Ben Johnson decided to NOT persue any more head coaching jobs because he hated the options that were left.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:00 AM   #559
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I know our assistance to the Lions has formally ended. But there is one more suggestion I think they should take.

The Saints re-worked Marshon Lattimore's contract in a way that makes him tradable this offseason. (I don't know the ins and outs, but people who know how to read these things said that was the obvious intent of the way the new bonus was structured.)

The Lions will have a late first rounder and need secondary help. Lattimore is a legit #1 CB. The two knocks on him are a bit of injury history and sometimes (by his own admission) losing focus a bit if he isn't motivated.

I think that Dan Campbell can keep him motivated. And you just have to roll the dice with injury.

I see it as a win-win. The Lions get a win-now CB who will step in at a position of need and contribute more immediately than anyone they can get at #28 or whatever it is.

The Saints start the process of digging out from the oldest and most expensive roster in the league by trading a veteran with value for a good draft pick.

As an Ohio State grade, I'd love to get ex-TOSU Lattimore on the Leo's but early draft analysis says that this draft is deep in CBs. If we could get him for a 2nd rounder + something (even a next year 2nd), I'd love it.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:42 PM   #560
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Pretty sure that the Saints need to wait until after June 1 to trade Lattimore. There are significant financial repercussion's if they trade him before then. After then, it's fine. So it wouldn't be this draft.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:17 PM   #561
Bobble
College Prospect

I know we're done here but for any Lions fans, there's a pretty detailed breakdown of the Lions' contract status here.
Old 02-01-2024, 08:40 PM   #562
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

We did exceptionally well. We helped lead the Lions to their best season in over half a century.

Onto the beloved Cardinals!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM   #563
Bobble
College Prospect

For lack of a better place to discuss, how we feeling about the Terrion Arnold pick? A+? A++?

I'm very excited about getting a real #1 corner and thrilled that this guy dropped ... not into our laps but dropped far enough for us to nab him right in front of the Packer's stupid faces. The perfect win/lose situation.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM   #564
QuikSand
lolzcat

Trade-up for Arnold was just smart value, once the top corners dropped that far and it became affordable. Grade A here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote