Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Here We Go Boyz: The Official 2020 Australian Rules Football Thread

Any port in a storm! (at least until this league gets shut down too) I've heard at least some games have been moved to FS1 (& TSN for our Canadian brethren) in the absence of any other sports.

Week 1 scoreboard - AFL Scores

2019 recap - 2019 AFL season - Wikipedia

2020 questions - AFL The biggest question marks for every team heading into 2020

So, can Richmond do it again? Who's with me in jumping headfirst into the only real league left? (unless you're really into marble racing on YouTube)

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

there's also the NRL in Australia.

There's some rule changes this year due to the virus. 16 minute quarters, plus a truncated 17 game schedule.

Edit: looks like at least NRL and possibly AFL may be coming to ESPN (+) in the future:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-...18-p54bc9.html

Last edited by SirFozzie : 03-21-2020 at 11:16 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm totally in. I love watching me a bit of Aussie Rules even when it's not the only sport on the planet. Looks like here's a useful schedule and the first live game on FS1 is tomorrow night: AFL TV Schedules | AFANA
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:40 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Bunch of games aired earlier today I think They're in my YouTube TV recordings

Edit: Yeah, round 1 games, round 2 starts shortly
Old 03-21-2020, 11:42 PM   #5
bhlloy
Coordinator

Interesting, anyone got an up to date schedule?
Old 03-21-2020, 11:49 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Warning: Spoilers for week 1.

AFL Fixtures & Results - AFL.com.au
Old 03-22-2020, 12:22 AM   #7
bhlloy
Coordinator

Press conference at half time of this Hawthorn - Lions game. Sounds like it’s about to be taken off the air.

It’s kinda weird seeing it being played in front of an empty stadium. Doesn’t feel like the same game at all.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:48 AM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yup, it’s postponed until 5/31 at the earliest after the conclusion of tonights game. Nice job FOFC
Old 03-22-2020, 01:35 AM   #9
molson
General Manager

So according to 5dimes we still have:

-Russian basketball
-Tajikistan basketball (I like Zuhro -1.5 on Monday).
-Belarus Hockey
-Belarus Soccer
-Hong Kong Soccer
-St. Kitts and Nevis Soccer
-FBANG Soccer (Don't know what that is - but it sound provocative)
-Nicaragua Soccer
-Various E-Sports (I'm not really sure what that is either)
-Trump Sunday speech length over/under
-NRL Rugby
-Russian Volleyball
-India Cricket - but not the major cricket circuit.
-WWE Wrestlemania (at the WWE performance center with no fans present)
-Setka Cup Table Tennis
-Anish Giri v. Fabiano Caruna Chess

So, still plenty of action if you know what to look for.

Last edited by molson : 03-22-2020 at 01:37 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:53 AM   #10
bhlloy
Coordinator

NRL rugby isn’t going ahead either. AFL basically had no choice because most Australian states are closing their borders.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:52 AM   #11
Groundhog
Coordinator

They were idiots for even going ahead. AFL has enough cash to comfortably sit this out, the NRL most likely does not, but the cash problems they have are going to be magnified if a player contracts the virus after (nearly) all other leagues around the worlds have shut it down. I firmly believe it also helped contribute to young folks not taking the isolation stuff seriously in this country.

Last edited by Groundhog : 03-22-2020 at 04:53 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

NRL is going ahead.

NRL 2020: Coronavirus news, updates; AFL shutdown; live blog; Scott Morrison; Peter V’Landys | Fox Sports
Old 03-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #13
bhlloy
Coordinator

With all due respect that's just idiotic, even with charter planes these players are going to be going back and infecting their families and other at risk community members if one of them get it, and it's hard to think of a sport that is more of a "one person gets it everyone is going to get it". Add that to the fact that even behind closed doors there are probably a minimum 50-100 other people that are needed to make games happen (coaching staff, paramedics, support staff, TV etc...) - yeah there's nothing they can do to make this anything other than a completely irresponsible decision IMO.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #14
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Yup, it’s postponed until 5/31 at the earliest after the conclusion of tonights game. Nice job FOFC
R.I.P. this thread. 3/21/20-3/22/20
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

For those of you who still want some footy in your life, the latest AFL-branded video game is out. Currently in Australia only, but I was told that it should come to the PS store and Xbox store in a few weeks.

Twitch
Old 04-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #16
Butter
Coordinator

My favorite thing about AFL is how it was basically just invented to re-purpose the cricket grounds for times they're not being used.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Kinda cool that Rugby spawned so many variations (Rugby Union and League, of course, but also American Football, Canadian Football, Australian Rules Football, etcetera)
Old 04-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Trying out this game . It allows for an American Aussie Football League. Should be.. interesting.

Australian Football Coach 2020 on Steam
Old 04-08-2020, 05:40 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Plus hopefully the new AFL sponsored PS4 game will be out tommorrow (dola)
Old 03-13-2023, 12:32 AM   #20
21C
College Prospect

Australian Football Coach 2023 has been released. On sale for $17.99 in the first week ($19.99 after that).
Save 10% on Australian Football Coach 2023 on Steam

I'm shilling for this because I helped beta test the game and I see a lot of promise in it. It is a text sim and comes standard with the 2023 players and teams (not licensed) but you are able to customize the game to play out any season you like. I've been helping out by trying to produce past historical seasons, a la OOTP (but just been super busy right now).

The developer has been super responsive with bug fixes and has issued several updates since the game released last Friday.

AFL23 has also been announced for PlayStation, Xbox and PC and due to release on April 13.
IGN Error 403 - Unavailable (IFW-U02)

This game has sent AFL fans into a frenzy. I frequent another site called BigFooty and people have been going nuts with criticism and speculation. It is very much like the old Madden days. The game has its official launch later next week so there has been limited info announced so far - a few screenshots and a one second video.

Here is the BF thread if you want some entertainment. Go to the most recent posts since the thread was created in 2021 but it now has 4000 posts and 200K views.
Multiplat - AFL 23 - Releasing April 13 | BigFooty Forum
Old 04-30-2023, 01:44 AM   #21
21C
College Prospect

I was really pleased that I was able to complete my historical mod for AFC23. Australian rules football does not have a full historical database but I was able to produce one from bits and pieces that I cobbled together. My mod allows any season from 1965 (first season of advanced stat collection) to the present.

AFL23 was delayed for several weeks because of supply issues and doesn't release until May 4. This caused the frenzied fans to create more of a frenzy. The BigFooty thread now has 13,000 posts and 600K views.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:08 AM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'll be picking it up if it has a North American release. (AFL 23 that is, I have AFC23)

Man, with AoW4 (Fantasy Civ. Love what I'm seeing in streamer videos), Showgunners, and possibly this out next week.. I guess it's a good thing the weather here is supposed to be shitty the entire week (11-15 celsisus, circa 51-62 F the entire week for high temperatures, with rain every single day of the week)
Old 04-30-2023, 07:41 PM   #23
21C
College Prospect

AFL23 will be available on Steam - I can't link it now since I am at work and Steam is blocked. I haven't heard about it being available on any other platform in international markets.
Old 06-20-2023, 02:46 AM   #24
21C
College Prospect

I just completed an update to my historical mod. It goes all the way back to 1897 - the first year of the league. It also does a lot of the league changes automatically thanks to the support of the developer. He allowed me the option to add teams, change names and update salary cap numbers as the years progress.

I saw that I had only "played" the game for 6 hours according to Steam. I think I have easily spent about 60 hours working on my mod.

Nowhere near OOTP level but I have impressed myself with how much I have been able to add to the scope of the game.