Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2023, 08:00 PM   #24701
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Speaking of food, we are getting a Whataburger soon. They opened one north of Atlanta, and it made the news by causing huge traffic issues. Are they really that good?

We don't eat a lot of fast food burgers anymore with kids grown (unless you count Five Guys as fast food). But I may be tempted, the last Whataburger I had was ages ago in Texas.

Let us know what you think if you try it

Quote:
Whataburger's third metro Atlanta location is opening on Thursday... this one is up in Gwinnett County.

The restaurant announced it will be open for drive-thru service only on March 23 at the Exchange @ Gwinnett shopping plaza located at 2925 Buford Drive in Buford. This is not far from the Mall of Georgia and Coolray Field.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:55 PM   #24702
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I hadn't had a Whataburger in like 30 years since I lived in TX back in the mid-80s. When we were in Ft. Walton Beach back in 2021, we went to one and I was impressed with the size of the burger. I would definitely go back if I saw one.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 10:44 PM   #24703
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It's always time for Shia Lebiouf

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:49 PM   #24704
RainMaker
General Manager

Is stealing car stereos still a thing? I remember that would happen all the time growing up but I'm guessing new tech has made that much less profitable? Curious if anyone knows.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:26 PM   #24705
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is stealing car stereos still a thing? I remember that would happen all the time growing up but I'm guessing new tech has made that much less profitable? Curious if anyone knows.

I got out of the insurance game about 7 years ago (has it been that long?) and we rarely saw it. When we did it was often fraud. People claiming they had some $1500 stereo but couldn't ever show documentation so they got a stock one as a replacement. Lots of arguments over that one.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:40 PM   #24706
Ksyrup

My law school roommate once left the passenger side door unlocked on my car and I had my stereo pried out of the dashboard. This was around 1994 or 95. We've had some break-ins around d the city from time to time (including my daughter's car on graduation day) and I don't recall anyone talking about having stereos stolen.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-20-2023, 10:22 PM   #24707
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

(this is a great "random question" for the random questions thread)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 10:41 PM   #24708
Edward64
Head Coach

I read an article this past week about 'euthanasia' and how it was legal in Oregon. I remember Dr. Kervorkian (aka Dr. Death) and how he brought that up to the forefront in the 90's and ended up in jail.

I did not realize it had become 'legal'. So googled more on it.

Not euthanasia specifically, but PAD (also found the term MAID for Medical Aid in Dying). I'm personally glad this is now a legal option in some states, under strict circumstances.

Physician-Assisted Suicide Fast Facts | CNN
Quote:
Physician-assisted suicide is legal in ten US states and the District of Columbia. It is an option given to individuals by law in Colorado, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maine, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Vermont and Washington. It is an option given to individuals in Montana and California via court decision. Individuals must have a terminal illness as well as a prognosis of six months or less to live. Physicians cannot be prosecuted for prescribing medications to hasten death.
Quote:
Physician-assisted suicide differs from euthanasia, which is defined as the act of assisting people with their death in order to end their suffering, but without the backing of a controlling legal authority.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:32 AM   #24709
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thanks for reminding me of that whole Terri Schiavo garbage.

I remember a radio call in show where a guy was up in arms about her and knew what was best for her yeah didn't even pronounce her name right.

"TA(long a)-ree shee-AV(short a)-o" he said fatly

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-21-2023 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:25 AM   #24710
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

What were you saying about the youth in Asia?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 06:53 AM   #24711
Edward64
Head Coach

I had forgotten about that story. What an ordeal for the family members on opposing sides.

Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia

Wife and I created wills years ago because of kids' guardianship if we both went kaput. We also got living wills done. My wife knows to keep me comfortable (morphine!) and pull the plug after a reasonable period.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:42 AM   #24712
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I am on a local restaurant web page, and the way they do their menu is to have the multi-page menu scroll past in a way you can't control. So you can't actually look at a page long enough to figure it out. And in five minutes of trying, I cannot figure out a way to pause/stop it. It is one of the worst designs I have ever seen.

I think that I'm gonna have to screen shot it when it gets to the page I want.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:12 AM   #24713
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I’m at the grocery store. A Digiorno frozen pizza is 11.99. Insane.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:20 AM   #24714
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's not delivery, it's extortion!

SI

Old 03-21-2023, 09:53 AM   #24715
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

What if I order a Digiorno pizza on a grocery delivery app?
Old 03-21-2023, 10:37 AM   #24716
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
What if I order a Digiorno pizza on a grocery delivery app?

Then it's $475.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 12:33 PM   #24717
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

All of my coworkers want the company to buy me a PS5. We've worked out that it takes a new hire an average of 3 weeks on the job before they want the company to buy me a PS5.

I already have a PS5. About 25% of my coworkers know I already have a PS5. They want the company to buy me one anyway.

I'm a meme at my own job.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:40 PM   #24718
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
All of my coworkers want the company to buy me a PS5. We've worked out that it takes a new hire an average of 3 weeks on the job before they want the company to buy me a PS5.

I already have a PS5. About 25% of my coworkers know I already have a PS5. They want the company to buy me one anyway.

I'm a meme at my own job.

A Pumpy Tudors sighting!

SI

Old 03-21-2023, 10:29 PM   #24719
cuervo72
Head Coach

@ArtButSports is a heck of a Twitter follow.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:40 PM   #24720
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

We have one of those dog bed cots on our front porch. I think the dog has laid on it once in the 2 years we've had it.

Lately, he's been aggressively sniffing it and I've noticed a stray cat laying on it in the middle of the night.

Well, tonight he noticed the cat through the front window and went ape shit. Nevermind he could give a fuck about the bed, it's the principle of the matter.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:08 PM   #24721
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

Yeah, that's made some front page mentions on Reddit before and it's quite funny

SI

Old 03-22-2023, 08:19 AM   #24722
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

While on the subject of Twitter, this reply made me laugh way more than it should.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:10 PM   #24723
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You know that scene in every movie and TV show about a tough character who gets injured and goes to the hospital and then wakes up and the first thing they do is remove all their medical equipment and get up to go continue being tough?

Those scenes always make me uncomfortable. Listen to your doctors! All that medical stuff is there for a reason!
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 05:16 PM   #24724
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

The Bacon Me Crazy pizza is godlike. It is stuffed crust with cheese and bacon stuffed into the crust and also covered with bacon.

Spoiler
Old 03-22-2023, 05:30 PM   #24725
Ksyrup

Quote:

Yes!
Old 03-23-2023, 01:43 AM   #24726
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Don't let the past
Remind us of what we are not now
I am not dreaming
I am yours You are mine
You are what you are
You make it hard
Old 03-23-2023, 07:37 AM   #24727
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I only drink zero, so yes, there's a zero version. For me, it was just the right flavor and actually has a sweeter taste than I'm used to. I think the reason I like it so much is the nostalgia - it reminds me of the perfect combination of Dr. Pepper and the old Nestle Strawberry Nesquick powder drink.

I found a 12 pack Zero version at Walmart.

I liked it. It does have a slight aftertaste and surprisingly, the strawberries & creme flavor seem stronger, more intense than the non-zero version. Probably my taste buds ...
Old 03-23-2023, 09:08 AM   #24728
BYU 14
Coordinator

Listening to My Sharona at the gym today. I know The Knack caught a lot of much deserved flak on some of their songs, but the guitar solo in My Sharona is criminally underrated.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:36 AM   #24729
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

You should have done the treadmill routine from the Here It Goes Again video since it's the same song.
Old 03-23-2023, 09:40 AM   #24730
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Last night my family was discussing the new Bucc-ees they're building a few cities away. My wife had heard it may have been canceled, but I never googled it and don't know that I've ever searched about it.

Today, Chrome on my phone was showing articles it thought I might be interested. The first was about an upcoming hearing about the Bucc-ees we were talking about.

Maybe it was by chance, but this definitely isn't the first time it's shown me articles about things I never googled but had been talking about.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:31 AM   #24731
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Sinema Trashes Dems: Old Dudes Eating Jell-O™ - POLITICO

I didn't post this article here for the politics but one line did catch my attention:

Quote:
“The Northerners and the Westerners put cool whip on their Jell-O,” she shared, “and the Southerners put cottage cheese.”

I'm from the midwest and have occasionally put cool wHip on my Jell-O. But cottage cheese? Really? I've never even heard of this and it sounds like an abomination. Have any of you tried it?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 03-23-2023 at 11:31 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:07 PM   #24732
Edward64
Head Coach

Nope. Never heard of the cottage cheese thing either.

But I do put fruit cocktail or canned mandarin oranges in my Jello.
Old 03-23-2023, 12:38 PM   #24733
rjolley
College Starter

I do seem to remember cottage cheese on Jell-O at some point, to the point that I made sure to check when I did see Jell-O at a restaurant, but I can't tell you when or where I started seeing it. If I had to guess, it would've been in NW Indiana at the buffets.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:44 PM   #24734
Atocep
Coordinator

Cottage cheese in jello is definitely a southern thing I've seen. My grandmother would occasionally make it like that. I don't know how wide spread it is in the south, but it's something I remember from my childhood.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:13 PM   #24735
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I only drink zero, so yes, there's a zero version. For me, it was just the right flavor and actually has a sweeter taste than I'm used to. I think the reason I like it so much is the nostalgia - it reminds me of the perfect combination of Dr. Pepper and the old Nestle Strawberry Nesquick powder drink.

You mixed Dr Pepper and Strawberry quick????????

that's the worst thing I've ever heard.
Old 03-23-2023, 04:05 PM   #24736
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just saw Jack Daniels flavored Coke Zero at the grocery store today. How has it taken this long for someone to come up with this idea?

https://www.kroger.com/p/jack-daniel...default_search
Old 03-23-2023, 06:33 PM   #24737
Silver Owl
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Last night my family was discussing the new Bucc-ees they're building a few cities away. My wife had heard it may have been canceled, but I never googled it and don't know that I've ever searched about it.

Today, Chrome on my phone was showing articles it thought I might be interested. The first was about an upcoming hearing about the Bucc-ees we were talking about.

Maybe it was by chance, but this definitely isn't the first time it's shown me articles about things I never googled but had been talking about.

I have a friend that says the same thing. This is the first time I have heard of that from someone other than him. Guess I owe him an apology.
Silver Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 07:58 PM   #24738
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

This happens to me all the time.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:08 PM   #24739
Edward64
Head Coach

Did you guys leave Siri on?
Old 03-23-2023, 08:54 PM   #24740
Ksyrup

I don't have an iPhone and don't use any of those talking apps at all.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:39 PM   #24741
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I also go to decent lengths to wipe out microphone permissions on apps and I've seen this a bit lately, too.

SI

Old 03-24-2023, 06:24 AM   #24742
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

It definitely happens. Happens to my wife and me all the time.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 07:20 AM   #24743
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I had some friends over, we had on Amazon Music playing through the smart TV. We were talking about music and the very obscure band called Blood for Blood. Very next song that came on was by them.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:41 AM   #24744
Ksyrup

I don't really get too bothered by it. I find it pretty useful on Chrome's Google search page, which has a laundry list of suggested articles that I refresh once or twice a day. It's been great. And yes, some of the topics have come not from my search history but seemingly from conversations I've had with people on things that are either dead on or tangentially related to articles that have come up.

I suppose it should bother me, but it doesn't - at least what I "see." I figure if I'm going to murder someone, I already know better than to have my phone with me or turned on, so nothing incriminating is going to be captured through the phone. So overall, I've found that it enhances my phone experience.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:45 AM   #24745
Edward64
Head Coach

Here's an article on testing if your phone listening to you (yes e.g. Siri) and if that data is being used to target someone (this is the real question).

TLDR is 1 of 3 seem to prove phone is listening and the data collected is used to target ads.

Is my phone listening to me? How to stop it | NordVPN

But there are other articles that says no. There are other articles that indicate other smart devices (e.g. TVs) can also listen.
Old 03-24-2023, 08:03 AM   #24746
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

OK, that's amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I just saw Jack Daniels flavored Coke Zero at the grocery store today. How has it taken this long for someone to come up with this idea?

Point of clarification: that's not Jack Daniels flavored Coke Zero, that's Jack Daniels pre-mixed with Coke Zero. Which, on one hand, feels like you're paying extra for convenience, but on the other hand, yes, I would like it right now.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:56 AM   #24747
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

A house around the corner has an empty, open lot attached to it.

About 2 weeks ago we noticed there are 3 patches of dirt dug in the ground about 2 feet apart.

The patches look to be about 8x3 foot rectangles and one has a shovel sticking out of it.

No one has lived in the house since at least before Christmas, but in the house back then was a meth-y looking couple with a young child.

It seems dumb to call the police on their non-emergency number, but the patches of dug up ground that are exactly grave sized are kinda weird, no?

And no, there's no topsoil or bricks around them indicating a flower bed. They also seemed to appear overnight because I walk the dog down that street pretty much daily.

I feel like I'm living in the Burbs.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 03-24-2023 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2023, 12:06 PM   #24748
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

While that would be the correct size for vegetable beds, it probably wouldn't be the worst thing to have the police investigate, depending on your neighborhood.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 03:25 PM   #24749
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

I would probably dominate at this game.

Turbo Sliders Unlimited on Steam
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 07:29 AM   #24750
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

weirdness. one of the other sites I used to play werewolf on...
a guy that used to play
was the perp of a murder suicide. Murdered his wife then stepped in front of a train

this is what werewolf does to you