Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #701
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People who pull up past the solid line at a red light making it almost impossible to make a left turn.

I so road-rage on those people...omg.

Also...people who cut the corner on their left turns as you're pulling up to the intersection.

Fuck you - make your turn tight and stay within the line shitbag.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #702
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
That would be awesome, that would actually make my day!

/tk

At least until Iristen walked off with your coffee

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:43 AM   #703
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
That would be awesome, that would actually make my day!

/tk

I dunno if you saw it on Facebook but my friend Roxanne got "Rocksand" on her cups the other day. I'm going to start going to Starbucks just waiting for Phteven.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #704
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I dunno if you saw it on Facebook but my friend Roxanne got "Rocksand" on her cups the other day. I'm going to start going to Starbucks just waiting for Phteven.

Well, there's this from CakeWrecks (my wife's favorite blog):

http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2014/...vs-102414.html

SI

Old 11-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #705
timmae
College Starter

I dislike neighbors who don't spend any effort to make their yards look at least presentable and then watch from their window when their leaves continue to pile up against my front porch. I need to move back to my old neighborhood...
Old 11-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #706
lungs
Pro Rookie

People that answer their phones to tell me that now is not a good time. Ummm... let it go to voicemail then.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #707
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think so many people feel that it's important to keep up the perception of "always available" so they'll answer even if it's a bad time. I dunno- it's not me; half the time I'm not in the same room as my phone and there are days when I don't even turn it on.

SI

Old 11-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #708
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

People who don't know how to go through a checkout lane in proper fashion including etiquette. I swear if I go through the self checkout land for unlimited items people are oblivious to the fact that there is a divider to separate customer's orders.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #709
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
People who don't know how to go through a checkout lane in proper fashion including etiquette. I swear if I go through the self checkout land for unlimited items people are oblivious to the fact that there is a divider to separate customer's orders.

Yes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #710
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Toaster ovens
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:14 AM   #711
stevew
Hall Of Famer

People who stop in doorways. Aldi's specifically.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:46 AM   #712
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People who can't seem to stay in their turn lane when there are 2 left turn lanes next to each other.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:46 PM   #713
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
People who can't seem to stay in their turn lane when there are 2 left turn lanes next to each other.

Especially in the midst of the turn itself, when there are dashes to guide the two turn lanes through the intersection in appropriate spaces.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #714
hollmt
High School Varsity

Oh, I want to play!

How about letting me off the fu&*ing elevator before you all pile in?!!??
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #715
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
Oh, I want to play!

I have no issues throwing a shoulder into people who do that
Old 01-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #716
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
Oh, I want to play!

Call me condescending, but sometimes I forgive the residents of ND for this when I remember that there are very few buildings tall enough to require an elevator in this state...
Old 01-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #717
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I usually pretend I'm a fullback who earns a living wiping out the first defender who tried to plug the E Gap
Old 02-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #718
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've about had it with people who try to be nice, but break the general rules of the road to do so. Like stopping to let a car turn left in front of them, when the rules of the road already say when he is allowed go. He can wait all fucking day for all I care. Someone's going to get rear ended because they expected you to keep rolling and turn right, not stop and motion the left turning, oncoming vehicle in front of you.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #719
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Seriously the road is the last place to be polite. The rules exist to save us from straight up madness breaking out.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #720
PilotMan
Head Coach

So irritated with the hospital. Back in January I had to take the Mrs. to the ER. I ended up paying about $120 for a copay, another $180+ for the associated hospital charges, $10 for the radiology and then I get this $122 bill in the mail from the doctor. Apparently the hospital contracts their ER doctors out so now I have to pay them too! What a freaking scam.

Back in the day a copay was it. You had insurance and you paid a co-pay and it was all taken care of. It's not like I have a choice here in NKY. The hospital has a monopoly in the area. I'd have to go across the river for anything else. Totally at the mercy of the system.

Like Steam?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #721
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So irritated with the hospital. Back in January I had to take the Mrs. to the ER. I ended up paying about $120 for a copay, another $180+ for the associated hospital charges, $10 for the radiology and then I get this $122 bill in the mail from the doctor. Apparently the hospital contracts their ER doctors out so now I have to pay them too! What a freaking scam.

Back in the day a copay was it. You had insurance and you paid a co-pay and it was all taken care of. It's not like I have a choice here in NKY. The hospital has a monopoly in the area. I'd have to go across the river for anything else. Totally at the mercy of the system.

Health insurance has gotten so convoluted these days it is impossible to know what they will and wont pay for and who you can and can't go see and what they can and can't do.

Everytime I go to the doctor I feel like I am about to write a blank check.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #722
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Health insurance has gotten so convoluted these days it is impossible to know what they will and wont pay for and who you can and can't go see and what they can and can't do.

Everytime I go to the doctor I feel like I am about to write a blank check.

Agreed. Had my first well check-up/physical/blood test in years last summer--figured I'd be in good shape with a $200 allowance for exactly this kind of appointment plus a $25 co-pay. So I go through with it, and weeks later, much to my surprise, I find that the $225, in addition to some paltry exclusions, left me with an additional $350 left to pay. A $600 checkup!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #723
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Yes, I've had blood tests come in at hundreds of dollars more than I was expecting.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #724
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Recently brought our daughter home from China. Our local pediatrician put in the order for blood tests to confirm her medical records from China (as well as test for various issues like lead, hepatitis, etc). One visit to the test lab = $1350.18 "retail", but the insurance company negotiated price = $143.28.

Seems right to me!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:09 PM   #725
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People who ask for directions. I mean seriously, is it 1987? No GPS? Can't look online?

When was the last time you saw maps for sale.

Last time my Dad was in town he made me take him to AAA to get maps of Cincinnati, he is 85.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:25 PM   #726
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

For the same reason but on the flip side, people who insist on giving me directions. I'll even interrupt them, tell them I have GPS and ask for just the address. But no, they just have to give the entire run down. I don't understand it.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #727
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wish o knew why the pizza guys can never find my house. It's on a semi busy side street. But 75% of them call
Old 03-26-2015, 04:41 PM   #728
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
For the same reason but on the flip side, people who insist on giving me directions. I'll even interrupt them, tell them I have GPS and ask for just the address. But no, they just have to give the entire run down. I don't understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wish o knew why the pizza guys can never find my house. It's on a semi busy side street. But 75% of them call

Along those same line I often have to give directions to my house because for some reason the GPS loves to take people everywhere else but here.

Like Steam?

Old 04-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #729
heybrad
Norm!!!

Hey coworkers... if you're only going to look at my calendar to book me for a client call (and not actually ask me for my availability), do I really need to block off some time for lunch? If I have calls booked from 10am-12:30pm and 1pm - 3pm, don't book me for 12:30 - 1pm.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #730
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Hey coworkers... if you're only going to look at my calendar to book me for a client call (and not actually ask me for my availability), do I really need to block off some time for lunch? If I have calls booked from 10am-12:30pm and 1pm - 3pm, don't book me for 12:30 - 1pm.

It's amazing how there are people who lack common sense at every level of life.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #731
QuikSand
lolzcat

I realize that a little boolean math makes it clear it's impossible for a perfect solution here, but...

When there's a light that turns on/off by two different switches, I really want the switch that I'm using right now to mean up=on and down=off. This is, generally speaking, the responsibility of the person who is using the less common switch to not mess things up.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #732
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know people who show up late suck, but people who show up early are arguably as/more annoying. When I set a time, I've already done all the complex calculations so how about just showing up when I ask? Most likely I'm going to be ready exactly at the specified time
Old 11-21-2015, 02:59 PM   #733
timmae
College Starter

Umbrellas are not for snow. Damn tourists..
Old 11-25-2015, 06:57 AM   #734
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Recently brought our daughter home from China. Our local pediatrician put in the order for blood tests to confirm her medical records from China (as well as test for various issues like lead, hepatitis, etc). One visit to the test lab = $1350.18 "retail", but the insurance company negotiated price = $143.28.

Seems right to me!

belated congrats.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #735
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I realize that a little boolean math makes it clear it's impossible for a perfect solution here, but...

When there's a light that turns on/off by two different switches, I really want the switch that I'm using right now to mean up=on and down=off. This is, generally speaking, the responsibility of the person who is using the less common switch to not mess things up.

Yep. Then you have to go fix the other switch so that the primary switch works the way you want it to work.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:16 AM   #736
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

There is actually a solution for this known as an "Actuator 3 way switch"
Havent seen them as much lately but its essentially a momentary switch that is operated by the "handle movement" and you can move the handle where you want it through the momentary back end movement.

Im doing a horrible job explaining this, but essentially if it bothers you TREMENDOUSLY there is a fix that costs about $100 in parts and probably another $100 in a labor call out.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 AM   #737
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I spent $19 on some compound W and that shit is not working. This wart needs to die already
Old 11-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #738
Kodos
Resident Alien

It takes a long time. I had a wart on my finger, and it took months to get rid of it.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:31 PM   #739
QuikSand
lolzcat

...people who wear a baseball cap wayyyy high on their heads.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:11 PM   #740
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Car turn signals that are the same red as brake lights, or worse yet the ones that are one of the brake lights and just turn off intermittently to indicate a turn signal instead of giving me new information. Why aren't they all yellow? (And from my minute of research, apparently they're required to be yellow almost everywhere else in the world, and NHTSA studies show yellow lights are much more effective at preventing accidents.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #741
QuikSand
lolzcat

I have a long series of "peeves" that originate in my general education and background in economics and rational behavior...

What is the deal with these tiny cans of soda?

I guess I can understand there are people who don't want 12 ounces of a beverage. Fine. So, the rational side wold say that selling those people 7-ounce cans (or whatever they are) is fine... at some reduced price.

But NOOOOOO. The price is at a premium, obviously. I routinely see a six-pack of 7 oz cans of soda selling for, say, $3.99 right beside a 12-pack of 12 oz cans of the same soda selling for, say, 3/$10. And, obviously, people are still buying them. This is a lasting market niche.

I'm not pro-waste. But I am pro-rationality. I hate that stuff like this works.

(c.f. an earlier back-and-forth somewhere on this site regarding buying a six-piece McNuggets)
Old 09-17-2016, 12:59 PM   #742
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a long series of "peeves" that originate in my general education and background in economics and rational behavior...

I guess I can understand there are people who don't want 12 ounces of a beverage. Fine. So, the rational side wold say that selling those people 7-ounce cans (or whatever they are) is fine... at some reduced price.

But NOOOOOO. The price is at a premium, obviously. I routinely see a six-pack of 7 oz cans of soda selling for, say, $3.99 right beside a 12-pack of 12 oz cans of the same soda selling for, say, 3/$10. And, obviously, people are still buying them. This is a lasting market niche.

(c.f. an earlier back-and-forth somewhere on this site regarding buying a six-piece McNuggets)

I think they exist to make people with tiny hands feel better?
Old 09-17-2016, 01:26 PM   #743
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:

Are we talking tiny cans of regular soda brands, or the weird 1893 craft sodas?
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:34 PM   #744
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Are we talking tiny cans of regular soda brands, or the weird 1893 craft sodas?

The small cans of pepsi.

Last edited by stevew : 09-17-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:22 PM   #745
PilotMan
Head Coach

What the hell is up with all these pages and their stupid autoplay videos? I opened a page up the other day, and it had 2 pop up videos that played and a click through popup I had to clear before I could even read anything. Sometimes more bandwidth to build these pages is not a good thing.

Like Steam?

Old 05-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #746
PilotMan
Head Coach

17 month dola

The people who don't understand the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

Like Steam?

Old 05-27-2019, 05:44 PM   #747
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Reese's dramatically overestimated the amount of people who would like Chocolate Lover's cups. The Peanut Buttler Lover's ones are always sold out.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:30 PM   #748
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When you are in a restaurant that is maybe 20% full and they sit someone at the table right next to you or the booth right behind you.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:51 PM   #749
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
When you are in a restaurant that is maybe 20% full and they sit someone at the table right next to you or the booth right behind you.

OR put you right next to someone else when there is at least room to put you a table away. I really do hate this because I fucking hate people and well....yeah...
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:59 PM   #750
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
17 month dola

The people who don't understand the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

SERIOUSLY! Stop Thanking me for my service on MEMORIAL DAY! Its RUDE!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote