Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-16-2010, 07:25 PM   #251
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
People who refuse to take the extra time or consideration to charge up a device with a battery in it. No excuse for "I can't talk right now, my cell phone is dead"

Are you sure "my cell phone is dead" isn't code for "I don't want to talk to you"?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #252
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Coded dates on food containers. "JUN 25 10VA". What year is "10VA"?

Or when they use a dot-matrix printer on a textured surface making it completely unreadable, so you're forced to try and remember when you bought it.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #253
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Are you sure "my cell phone is dead" isn't code for "I don't want to talk to you"?

Nah. After 14 years she would just tell me to fuck off if she didn't feel like talking.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #254
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
People who refuse to take the extra time or consideration to charge up a device with a battery in it. No excuse for "I can't talk right now, my cell phone is dead"

This happens to me all the time, not charging my phone. I think I subconsciously just don't want to be available 24/7. I don't like the idea of feeling like I owe that to everyone. I was bad at answering my phone before cell phones, I remember when I didn't even have an answering machine and I'd just take the phone of the hook. The fact that so many people considered that rude made me want to do it even more.

(If somebody has a wife and/or kids and is "expected" to be available, that's a different story).

Last edited by molson : 03-16-2010 at 11:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #255
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Companies that don't have voicemail if no one is available to pick up the phone. Seriously, it's the 21st century, what do they have, rotary phones? Jeez.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:45 PM   #256
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Not sure why this bothers me, but noticing it again as the weather is getting nicer, and taking breaks hanging out outside while at work.

Only noticed women doing this. What is the story with when did it become cool to carry around the little shopping bags from somewhere like Starbucks or Victoria Secret- I guess "recycling" them by re-using.

Is it some sort of status thing to say "Look where I shop!! I'm better than you!" ? Especially when these woman are already carrying a gigantic, body-bag like purse that could easily fit whatever it is they have in the bag.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #257
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
People who are walking in groups and hog the entire sidewalk.

No lady, it's not okay for you and your walking-buddy to walk two-abreast while I'm trying to go in the other direction just because you're talking. No I won't fucking step into the grass to go around you. Why don't you fucking slide into a line for 10 fucking feet.

I've seen this happen a lot at parking lots and I have no problem honking the horn. Move your fucking ass out of the way and be considerate of drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
People who constantly use "retard" or "retarded." I know it's a reflex, and people don't mean anything by it.

But, as somebody who works at an agency serving people with developmental/cognitive disabilities, I know how often they come across it out in public or through various non-mainstream media interactions -- and I know how much of a slap in the face it is to them.

Most definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Not sure why this bothers me, but noticing it again as the weather is getting nicer, and taking breaks hanging out outside while at work.

Only noticed women doing this. What is the story with when did it become cool to carry around the little shopping bags from somewhere like Starbucks or Victoria Secret- I guess "recycling" them by re-using.

Is it some sort of status thing to say "Look where I shop!! I'm better than you!" ? Especially when these woman are already carrying a gigantic, body-bag like purse that could easily fit whatever it is they have in the bag.

Hmm... I've no idea why they do it. If it's to "recycle" then why not use a Wal-Mart or Target plastic bag. Fuckin' elitists.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:47 PM   #258
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Companies that don't have voicemail if no one is available to pick up the phone. Seriously, it's the 21st century, what do they have, rotary phones? Jeez.

Furthermore companies that won't accept payment online or by phone. I had to go to the doctor a few weekends because an infection in my eye was so bad, but they wouldn't let me see a doctor because I had some unknown to me money I had to pay on my account.
"Okay I'll pay it"
"The bookkeeping people aren't here. I can't take that.""I'll do it tomorrow then let me see a doctor"
"SOrry I can't let you see a doctor with money on your account."

*EXPLODE*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #259
molson
General Manager

The expression "X much?", as in "bitter much"? It doesn't make sense.

Also, "Can you say X?", for example, if you see a creepy guy, and someone says, "can you say creepy?" Shut up!

Also, when people put "who?" at the end of a name to show that person doesn't matter, except that they use the full name, or even an inanimate object. Like if the Bulls were succeeding post-Jordan, "Michael Jordan Who?"

Last edited by molson : 03-19-2010 at 11:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #260
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

People who have their Facebook profile picture upside down... why? Did you actually stand on your head when taking the picture? It's not cute, it's dumb.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 04-09-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #261
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
People who feel the need to tear the paper towel in the office bathroom instead of letting the automatic thingie cut it properly. This causes the paper to go back inside and usually jams it up real good. IT'S GONNA CUT IT, DON'T NEED TO TEAR IT!!!

was part of my first post and still annoys me to all hell... THE FRIGGING IS SET UP TO CUT THE FRIGGING TOWEL, DON'T TEAR IT!!!

sigh...

FM
Old 04-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #262
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
People who have their Facebook profile picture upside down... why? Did you actually stand on your head when taking the picture? It's not cute, it's dumb.

I have a facebook friend (a coworker) whose(who's? whom's) facebook profile picture pairs with his girlfriend's. So if you only see one it doesn't really make sense. You have to see the two next to each other.

puke.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #263
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Idiots who scream "AND ONE!!!" every time a shot goes up in the lane with even the tiniest hint of contact.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #264
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

FOFC members who don't post for months, and then get busy with work and spend lots of after hours time at their desks posting random crap on FOFC all day.

Oh wait...
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 PM   #265
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

People who say "Team _________". Teams only apply for sports, not a bunch of people who go see kindergateners graduate. Fuck you Twilight, I blame you.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 AM   #266
JPhillips
General Manager

Books on the Civil War without maps.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #267
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Irregardless

I hate this word, and my brother uses it non stop.
There is with regard, there is regardless, when you throw the "ir"in here the double negative takes us back to regard
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #268
DanGarion
Coordinator

Bannings.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #269
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

When grouping in MMOs and the squishiest member decides she want to tank everything, and doesn't even care if several group members are afk.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #270
thesloppy
Pro Starter

"THAT WOW FACTOR!"

Fuck off.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #271
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

People who decide to run or walk in the street when there's a perfectly good sidewalk not 3 paces away from them. You can't even tell me that the road surface is better than the sidewalk, since where you're running still has that sidewalk material. Just so you know, I want nothing more than to run you over with my car.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #272
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Books on any war without maps.

Fixed it.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #273
CAsterling
High School JV

Customer support people who when you call end the sentence with "I will do that for you sir" - and make it sound like they are doing you a personal favour - No you aren't doing me a favour you are doing your damn job.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #274
CAsterling
High School JV

Colleagues who when they can see you are trying to fix the IT disaster that took down a company's mainframe decide this is a good time to try and tell you a funny story about their kid.....and then get offended when you tell them exactly where to go.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #275
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

After micorowaving your food, please reset the timer so it shows the time please? One of my pet peeves here at the office.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg microwave.jpg (58.0 KB, 123 views)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #276
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

wow that's a crappy looking pic.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #277
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I realized the other day this bothers me-

Couples who go grocery shopping together. Why? Is it some sort of bonding time?

All it's doing is clogging up the aisles with twice as many people than actually are needed there.

I can understand if you were already out somewhere and need to stop at the store, but I can't buy that is the case for all the couples I see.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #278
heybrad
Norm!!!

Having a call center rep copy me on an email that he's sent out to a client where he says... "I've spoken to my IT guy..." I'm not your fucking IT guy. I'm a Vice President in the company and I've worked hard to get to that point.

Last edited by heybrad : 04-26-2011 at 02:51 PM.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #279
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Having a call center rep copy me on an email that he's sent out to a client where he says... "I've spoken to my IT guy..." I'm not your fucking IT guy. I'm a Vice President in the company and I've worked hard to get to that point.

HeyITGuy!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #280
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I realized the other day this bothers me-

Couples who go grocery shopping together. Why? Is it some sort of bonding time?

All it's doing is clogging up the aisles with twice as many people than actually are needed there.

I can understand if you were already out somewhere and need to stop at the store, but I can't buy that is the case for all the couples I see.

I go with my wife sometimes because she doesn't like to go by herself.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #281
MJ4H
Coordinator

So in this Champions League match I'm watching, Man Utd finally scored a goal after having the better of possession and pressure for the whole match. A guy watching with me online says "well deserved" and it just made my skin crawl. Every goal is deserved dammit. I mean I know what he means but it just irritates me.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #282
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Adults on facebook that constantly talk about their drama. For example, one lady always bitches about how horrible her ex husband is for leaving her. At least she is specific. There's another woman that always posts shit like, "NEVER AGAIN!!! I won't be hurt anymore!!!!!" She never gives details and that annoys me even more.
I could always delete them, but I have a feeling they wouldn't take it lying down.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #283
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSeahawks View Post
Adults on facebook that constantly talk about their drama. For example, one lady always bitches about how horrible her ex husband is for leaving her. At least she is specific. There's another woman that always posts shit like, "NEVER AGAIN!!! I won't be hurt anymore!!!!!" She never gives details and that annoys me even more.
I could always delete them, but I have a feeling they wouldn't take it lying down.

You know that you can hide these people? It's less drama than de-friending, yet you don't have to hear their bullshit. I use it liberally.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #284
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I don't want to hide people who post shitty things on Facebook that piss me off. Seeing that shit makes me feel validated while I hate those people and hope they spend the next 3 days in a ditch eating worms and fresh, unused kitty litter. That's pretty much the reason I keep coming to FOFC, too, because too many of you jackholes piss me off.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #285
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Vice presidents are a dime a dozen. Wait until you make senior VP, then you can start slapping people around.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #286
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
I've always thought it would be fun to start a thread titled 'Facebook posts so pathetic they belong in this thread'. Here's some examples from someone who is constantly posting from my friend list (punctuation and spelling left as is).

"If there was something I could say to make u see how sorry Iam . But u already know that wishing u would say something to me this is hurting really bad"

"Most teenagers are the slowest most lazy indivduals hands down . What the hell is wrong with this generation ?"

"Having a hard time today woke up crying cause I miss my ex and what we used to have our family together"
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #287
JediKooter
Coordinator

What's with the spaces between the periods?

EDIT: And the question marks...

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 04-26-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #288
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

That drives me batty, along with the people who copy and paste the "this is.... week" posts
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #289
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I've always thought it would be fun to start a thread titled 'Facebook posts so pathetic they belong in this thread'. Here's some examples from someone who is constantly posting from my friend list (punctuation and spelling left as is).

"If there was something I could say to make u see how sorry Iam . But u already know that wishing u would say something to me this is hurting really bad"

"Most teenagers are the slowest most lazy indivduals hands down . What the hell is wrong with this generation ?"

"Having a hard time today woke up crying cause I miss my ex and what we used to have our family together"

do it, I have a few I'd like to add
Old 04-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #290
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I have a cousin who's always posting this passive aggressive stuff. Then if someone's like "What's going on? What's wrong?" she says, "I don't want to talk about it." Yeah, right. It's real private.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #291
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Big girls with flat asses. That ain't right.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #292
JediKooter
Coordinator

What about big girls with no boobs?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #293
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Self-proclaimed photographers to like to tilt their camera to give that articistic touch to a photo that absolutely doesn't need it... on every single shot.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #294
Suicane75
Coordinator

Baseball announcers who make inane observations AND THEN qualify it as if it was the viewers thought. Such as was made in the Cubs game on Monday when whoever the hell it was mentioned that Darwin Barney and Carlos Zambrano were on pace to hit more homers than Marlon Byrd. He then says "But there's a lot more baseball to be played folks", as if it was my thought. It wasn't my thought. You said it you jackass, not me, don't make it sound like I said it.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #295
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
What about big girls with no boobs?
That kinda ain't right either, but I can wrap my head around that. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 'hood, but I thought when a girl gained weight, a lot of it went to the ass. So if a chick didn't really have boobs to start with, I can understand. A chick with no ass who gains 100 pounds and still has no ass? Blasphemy.

Shit, I like girls with some meat on 'em, but you gotta spread it out a little bit. Just thinking about it now has me all pissed off. I'm going to throw my work computer across the room.

No, I won't. A guy got fired for doing that to his work computer last month. I'll just think about throwing it.

Big girls with no asses. I hate that shit. Pisses me off.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #296
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
That kinda ain't right either, but I can wrap my head around that. Maybe it's because I grew up in the 'hood, but I thought when a girl gained weight, a lot of it went to the ass. So if a chick didn't really have boobs to start with, I can understand. A chick with no ass who gains 100 pounds and still has no ass? Blasphemy.

Shit, I like girls with some meat on 'em, but you gotta spread it out a little bit. Just thinking about it now has me all pissed off. I'm going to throw my work computer across the room.

No, I won't. A guy got fired for doing that to his work computer last month. I'll just think about throwing it.

Big girls with no asses. I hate that shit. Pisses me off.

But what if she can nail a 7-10 split?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #297
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
But what if she can nail a 7-10 split?
I'd have to ask my wife for a hall pass, I guess.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #298
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
What's with the spaces between the periods?

EDIT: And the question marks...

This comes up on Euro-friendly keyboards/computers, since (for some reason) certain punctuation marks are separated by a space in languages such as French. But given the high-brow commentary we're reading, I have to think we're not dealing with European computers...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 AM   #299
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
and hope they spend the next 3 days in a ditch eating worms and fresh, unused kitty litter.

I hate to see what someone has done to you were you hope they eat used ktty litter.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #300
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
This comes up on Euro-friendly keyboards/computers, since (for some reason) certain punctuation marks are separated by a space in languages such as French. But given the high-brow commentary we're reading, I have to think we're not dealing with European computers...

Ahhh ok. Haha! Yes, I don't think the keyboard is culprit in a lot of these cases.