Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-11-2015, 07:53 PM   #101
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Anyone else feeling underwhelmed?

I would put FO3 among my 10 favorite games of all time, but I'm having a hard time getting into this one. I'm maybe 6 hours in, and it all just feels too familiar so far.

My son just had an interesting comment that goes with this maybe

"It's not 3 ... but was anything really going to be 3?"

I kinda get that I think, the rush isn't really the same but it's still pretty darned satisfying for me to this point.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 PM   #102
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Chinaski and others - think I figured out the best way to break up your scrap. Deposit it into the system then take it out of there and manually scrap the stuff you want. The advantage of doing it this way is when you take it out (like 5 extinguishers or whatever) it will drop as one item which you can scrap but you will get the resources of all 5 - so it saves time.

edit - appears this only works when you have enough that they all transfer as a unit - if you only have a few they still drop one at a time.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-12-2015 at 05:38 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:36 PM   #103
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I kinda get that I think, the rush isn't really the same but it's still pretty darned satisfying for me to this point.

I think a lot of it is the nature of the starting content. In 3, you get to shoot your way out of the vault, go to a city and start a series of side quests that get you exploring in the world and killing lots of raiders.

In 4, the vault experience is essentially an interactive cut scene and you're first introduction to the game mechanics is to save a few people and start building up a settlement (and I was scrapping in two locations before I even got to the rescue mission). Personally I like it, but it's not exactly the most exciting way to start a game.

I also think it was way too easy and quick to get to Diamond City. I remember it taking a good long time to get to Washington DC in 3. Really drove home how dangerous the world was. In 4, Diamond City was a leisurely, 10 minute walk. The world in 4 does not feel anywhere close to the size the world was in 3.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 AM   #104
Grover
Pro Starter

How To Get Started Crafting In Fallout 4

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #105
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I just discovered you can go into your pip-boy Data - Workshops and it will show you all of them in one place and what values aren't high enough (for me usually defense.) Not sure if it will help them grow - so far I haven't seen much population growth in any of mine.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 11-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #106
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Sadly it doesn't. When it auto breaks down junk, to say, get 2 screws, it will discard the other materials from whatever it broke down. This leads to a ton of quality parts getting tossed. From what I've read on Reddit, you need to toss all your junk on the ground, go into build mode then scrap it all one at a time, to insure you get all the materials possible from an item. Works well, just tedious.

Word on the street (Reddit) is that it DOES NOT discard the other materials. They just take a while to show up in your inventory. Haven't tested it myself, though.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:13 PM   #107
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I just discovered you can go into your pip-boy Data - Workshops and it will show you all of them in one place and what values aren't high enough (for me usually defense.) Not sure if it will help them grow - so far I haven't seen much population growth in any of mine.

I spotted that fairly early on, it's kinda sorta helpful but not a huge difference maker or anything. What it does for me is more along the lines of helping figure out where to try to expand next.

This was the part of the game I was most excited about in the pre-release period. To this point I think the implementation is better than I feared it might be but maybe not the end-all/be-all of gaming I was hoping for either.

Some of the methodology as well as the UI associated with it feels very clunky to me & that's hurting it for me (although I've still spent more time motivated by & focused on it than anything else thus far).

It was nice to see -- unless I'm nuts -- that the community did some things on their own in my absence.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #108
General Mike
Pro Starter

So should I buy this? The only Fallout game I had played previously was New Vegas and I couldn't really get into it, but I'm willing to try again.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #109
Peregrine
Pro Starter

To be honest I'm not sure what's going on with the settlements - it's kind of fun to set them up but I never see the population going up (not sure if that's even the goal?) I'd almost rather they did it as one big settlement vs a ton of small ones. Of course part of it is perk dependent (especially those local leader ones) so maybe it comes to life more if/when you get those.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #110
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
So should I buy this? The only Fallout game I had played previously was New Vegas and I couldn't really get into it, but I'm willing to try again.

I'd wait for it to come down in price if you aren't sure.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #111
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
To be honest I'm not sure what's going on with the settlements - it's kind of fun to set them up but I never see the population going up (not sure if that's even the goal?) I'd almost rather they did it as one big settlement vs a ton of small ones. Of course part of it is perk dependent (especially those local leader ones) so maybe it comes to life more if/when you get those.

There's a beacon you can build (needs power) that will draw people to it. I didn't get any new people at Sanctuary until I built that. I think it's under Power -> Misc. People labeled "Settler" just show up randomly after that. I'm up to 8 people so far at Sanctuary (I'm going to keep the Rocket settlement all to myself) and I haven't touched any of the other settlements yet (I think there are 2 others I have access to).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:00 PM   #112
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Unhappy

Can I play on a pc with an Xbox controller or do I need to use mouse keyboard?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #113
korme
Go Reds

I've never played Fallout before but I'm hooked. It's so unforgiving- autosave is a hero. I die and reload so many times, forces me to rethink strategy. It's great.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #114
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
There's a beacon you can build (needs power) that will draw people to it. I didn't get any new people at Sanctuary until I built that. I think it's under Power -> Misc. People labeled "Settler" just show up randomly after that. I'm up to 8 people so far at Sanctuary (I'm going to keep the Rocket settlement all to myself) and I haven't touched any of the other settlements yet (I think there are 2 others I have access to).

I've built two so far, each has produced one new settler in about 6-8 hours of gameplay. (not sure how many days in-game that was, 4-6 if I had to guess, I did "sleep" at least two nights so I could do my next thing in daylight)

Getting those new bodies is critical because they allow you to create the supply line from one settlement to the next.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #115
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah I built the radio beacon and the Sanctuary pop is up to 8 - I guess I had thought it would keep increasing after that. Maybe I will build another one like Jon said.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #116
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd almost rather they did it as one big settlement vs a ton of small ones.

Yes, this this this.

Maybe not just one but definitely not so many little ones.

And for those reading that haven't gotten into the game or this aspect of the game, you don't HAVE to deal with the settlements very much. There is one that's available early on that comes with zero residents to start. As far as I can tell if you choose to do nothing with it there's no harm done.

The other "I wish" where settlements are concerned is that I would have preferred the "range" of them to be variable based on the number of residents you have. There is one in particular (with the two female occupants initially) that has such a tiny space that you're really limited on what you can do with it.

I don't want to play "Shoddy Construction Mogul" and try to work out the wonky construction mechanism & build a 4 story high-rise shack. I'll just leave that location largely irrelevant rather than do that.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah I built the radio beacon and the Sanctuary pop is up to 8 - I guess I had thought it would keep increasing after that. Maybe I will build another one like Jon said.

I think the beacons are location specific. Sanctuary beacon will only draw to there, each location (to grow) has to have its own. Which kinda makes sense I guess but at the same time I'd love to be able to "reassign" settlers from one place to another.

Even if it was just through a speech check mechanic where maybe they'll relocate & maybe they don't, if you want (and they clearly do) me to spend a lot of time managing these things then give me a little more control over them.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #118
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Can I play on a pc with an Xbox controller or do I need to use mouse keyboard?

I play on my pc with an Xbox controller. You need a keyboard when you name your character or of you want to optionally rename weapons and armor in-game, other than that no issues so far. Feels native.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-12-2015 at 09:16 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:46 PM   #119
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The next few hours of play have hooked me a lot more. I think a couple of interesting story things have happened and I finished up a fairly lengthy quest, and now I'm sort of ready to keep rolling.

I think maybe I just didn't care for the initial setup.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #120
Galaril
Pro Starter

So this being my first Fallout game I had my power armor run out of power and now not sure what I need to do. I am still just in Lexington when it happened. Do I need to already go get a new fusion core or could it be something I need to repair?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #121
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So this being my first Fallout game I had my power armor run out of power and now not sure what I need to do. I am still just in Lexington when it happened. Do I need to already go get a new fusion core or could it be something I need to repair?

If I understand you correctly, "run out of power" would suggest that it's just the fusion core. That said, depending upon how your fight(s) went you could have a piece that's damaged & in need of repair also. (i.e. that sort of thing can happen).
Old 11-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #122
Galaril
Pro Starter

Thanks. I was not sure if a fusion core could completely run out of energy and not recharge it's power source but I guess that is yes. Also, suit might just be damaged I suspect. Another dumb question where do I go to have a repair like that done or can I do it myself at the workshops?

Last edited by Galaril : 11-13-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:37 AM   #123
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Thanks. I was not sure if a fusion core could completely run out of energy and not recharge it's power source but I guess that is yes. Also, suit might just be damaged I suspect. Another dumb question where do I go to have a repair like that done or can I do it myself at the workshops?

Yeah, about that whole repairing power armor thing ... seems to be one of the bigger sources of confusion with the game thus far.

I'd try to explain it but I'm not sure I understand it myself since I have yet to successfully do so (my next session that's job one, just to see if I have it figured out).

I'd suggest Googling it up & finding a detailed explanation (or three). You apparently have to get the suit positioned on the rack (power armor station, whatever it's called) juuuuust right, then approach it juuuuust right in order to get the prompt for repair.

edit to add: But yes, you supposedly can do it yourself ... as long as you have the requisite amount of steel, circuitry, etc.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-13-2015 at 11:37 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #124
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Maybe the FOV as well? That's something that's changed quite a bit in gaming over the last several years, so may not just be you getting old. If you're on the PC you can change that, google-fu it.

Thanks for this, by the way. I didn't realize how much you could change in the ini files. It looks like there are some other motion issues outside of just FOV giving folks problems too, I'll be messing around with all of this the next time I sit down to play for awhile.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:00 PM   #125
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, figured out the power armor repair deal. Not sure how well I can explain it but ...

Walk the suit super close to the stand/rack thing.
exit the suit

That should end up with the suit hanging on the stand (although sometimes it just stands there & magically attaches itself later)

But with the suit (which is really the frame of the armor) AND all of the component pieces on the stand or stored in the inventory of the stand (NOT your workshop, separate inventory) ... walk around to the very frame of the power armor stand. That should give you a slightly different menu, with options to Craft Armor, that'll get you into the crafting/modifications menu same as with regular armor. And within that screen, piece by piece, any damaged or broken armor will have a Repair option, select that and it'll show you what resources will be used/are needed for the fix.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #126
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I never had an issue getting the armor in the rack and the craft option - one thing to keep in mind is that it seems to take the same amount of steel to repair a piece no matter how much it is damaged. Now after a while of play steel is pretty common but be careful you're not doling out 4 steel or whatever it is for like 5 hp of damage.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:11 PM   #127
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

You owe it to yourself to play Fallout 3
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #128
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Getting more into the game now, but it is let down by the fact that it has the same flaws Fallout 3 had 8 years ago. Jerky controls, stuttering frame rate at times, sound drops here and there.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #129
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Getting more into the game now, but it is let down by the fact that it has the same flaws Fallout 3 had 8 years ago. Jerky controls, stuttering frame rate at times, sound drops here and there.

Are you a console or PC?
Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #130
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post

I think it's unavoidable with a game of this scope. Literally no one does what Bethesda does with games. The stuff that is tracked world-wide is bonkers.

The game has to remember that i stuffed 50 lbs of armor in a garbage can in some random location (in hopes of coming back to it later). The number of variables probably makes testing this game a complete nightmare, and replicating some issues nearly impossible (since you won't even know which variables triggered it).

We all wish games were perfect, but i think it just comes with the game here. And frankly, it doesn't bother me too much. I'm the type who sort of loves glitches in video games.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:10 AM   #131
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
I think it's unavoidable with a game of this scope. Literally no one does what Bethesda does with games. The stuff that is tracked world-wide is bonkers.

The game has to remember that i stuffed 50 lbs of armor in a garbage can in some random location (in hopes of coming back to it later). The number of variables probably makes testing this game a complete nightmare, and replicating some issues nearly impossible (since you won't even know which variables triggered it).

We all wish games were perfect, but i think it just comes with the game here. And frankly, it doesn't bother me too much. I'm the type who sort of loves glitches in video games.

This is how I feel about it too. Games this big, with this much going on, its gotta be damn near impossible to catch all the bugs. On the plus side games can be patched these days, so if anything crazy pops up they will likely address it I assume.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:24 AM   #132
Groundhog
Coordinator

Had my first raid on a settlement today - one I'd recruited to the Minutemen awhile back and never actually did anything with. It's basically a big farm with two people and no defenses. I went to the settlement when I got the warning and was attacked by about 8 ghouls. I gave it a couple of tries but then just let the ghouls have it...

My main settlement is completely walled off now with the exception of the bridge, but this is too expensive for the other settlements. Not sure how much effort I'm going to put in for other settlements, maybe just build up the Castle and leave it at that.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:48 AM   #133
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Pretty cool - haven't had that happen yet. I'm trying to keep the minor settlements that have people reasonably defended at least but there's only so much you can do. I found a house in the wilderness defended by Minutemen - not sure if this is just part of how that faction questline builds up, but it was neat to see.

Of course not as neat when they didn't help me fight off raiders nearby.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:45 AM   #134
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Having to play in Windowed mode so I can fast travel is annoying. Otherwise I'm very much enjoying this version.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #135
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

A single quest-line that perfectly demonstrates why I love these games: The Silver Shroud.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 11-15-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #136
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

If you keep the defenses above the red will they ever get attacked? I haven't been strategic about type or placement, I just make sure the defense rating is not red.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #137
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Having to play in Windowed mode so I can fast travel is annoying. Otherwise I'm very much enjoying this version.

Weird, is that some kind of bug?
Old 11-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #138
korme
Go Reds

I like the fact that my friend can text me "I just murdered my son" and I am not immediately concerned.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #139
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
If you keep the defenses above the red will they ever get attacked? I haven't been strategic about type or placement, I just make sure the defense rating is not red.

I haven't seen it, but on reddit I've seen people talking about being attacked by super mutants who came in from the vault-side of Sanctuary which sounds like a freakin nightmare.

Still costs a lot of resources, but I think my strategy for building settlements is going to be a rectangle of pre-fab wooden building blocks with one entry and an open middle area for farming.

Last edited by Groundhog : 11-15-2015 at 04:39 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:54 PM   #140
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: attacks on settlements

I actually wonder whether it has as much to do with your level as anything.

I just experienced my first one at around lvl 18 or 19. My son got his first at the same point, another just after he passed lvl 20.

I also wonder what may happen that we don't see. The ammo being carried by several of my settlers in Sanctuary has gone down but I've seen no indication of any attacks.

I also keep seeing (in my Data tab) cases where the available beds & defense stat suddenly drops to 0 in Sanctuary so I go to check it out & find nothing amiss, the stat suddenly restored to normal. Maybe those are during attacks by mole rats or random wildlife?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #141
Groundhog
Coordinator

After 22 hours, I'm still enjoying this a great deal. I delayed continuing on with the main quest until last night and I'm enjoying the story line. Writing is as strong as usual. Difficulty level feels about right to me. I've had a ton of trouble with some portions of the game (...the boss of the Castle mission and all it's freakin offspring....) and have more than a few times been in a position where I'm forced to use h2h weapons due to lacking any ammo, which I actually kinda like. It's not something I did much of in FO3.

Graphics are not up to scratch for a modern game. The textures are flat and character faces don't show much emotion. Having said that, the Fallout series has it's own unique 'flavour', and despite my initial impressions I have gone back to not noticing the slightly dated graphics. Every now and then I still see something in the game that impresses me - the Brotherhood of Steel blimp in particular, as well as the scale and detail of some of the cities in the game.

Weapon modding is great, but expensive as far as resources go - I wasn't aware I could remove weapon mods and use them again until I read something this morning. I love being able to modify weapons to match my play style. I haven't spent as much time customising armour due to lack of perks and lack of decent armour found so far.

The settlement building is a lot of fun and I've spent probably as much time on it as I have on the rest of the game, but I'm not sure how 'worthwhile' it is, or if it's just like a Fallout 4: Sims mini-game. Not that that in itself is a bad thing. Once I finish FO4 I think a lot of the longevity will come from this side of the game. I would like to see more raids, and I fully expect someone to come up with a tower defense-type mod at some point.

There was a lot made of bugs, but I've seen very few outside of minor graphic and animation glitches. Most annoying for me is that subtitles stop working at times, and if I'm playing at night I generally have the sound down as for some reason my wife doesn't like sleeping through the sound of ghoul attacks...

This feels like another classic game to me, something I'll fire up again years down the line to finish again.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #142
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
have more than a few times been in a position where I'm forced to use h2h weapons due to lacking any ammo

In the first day or two I read about that but, honestly, I haven't had much trouble with it. Some ammo is more common than others, especially in the early going, but I've never really truly come close to running out of anything other than shotgun shells. And I've never actually truly run out of ammo of any caliber for any weapons I carry (typically 3-4 diff types at any time).

I'm an OCD scavver, is that the difference maybe? Or difficulty level perhaps?

Quote:
I haven't spent as much time customising armour due to lack of perks and lack of decent armour found so far.

The armor seems to pick up around level 16 or so. And one key I think is not worrying about matching sets. Take what you find, improve it a bit and definitely check traders & shops. Even one piece that's an upgrade feels like a difference to me.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #143
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
In the first day or two I read about that but, honestly, I haven't had much trouble with it. Some ammo is more common than others, especially in the early going, but I've never really truly come close to running out of anything other than shotgun shells. And I've never actually truly run out of ammo of any caliber for any weapons I carry (typically 3-4 diff types at any time).

I'm an OCD scavver, is that the difference maybe? Or difficulty level perhaps?

I'm not OCD, but I do scavenge every room I enter, and try to check most rooms when I'm inside a building... wait, maybe that does make me OCD.

The only ammo I have zero issues with is 10mm, but the pistol and tommy gun are so weak that I'd rather use my serrated chinese officer sword, which does about ~35 damage from memory, than a 10mm pistol.

I don't feel like I run around blowing my ammo on everything, but I have ventured out into the wilderness and been in firefights I probably don't need to have.

Quote:
The armor seems to pick up around level 16 or so. And one key I think is not worrying about matching sets. Take what you find, improve it a bit and definitely check traders & shops. Even one piece that's an upgrade feels like a difference to me.

I'm at 15 now, so maybe I'm on the verge. I've just recently started finding 'special' pieces of armour, but nothing revolutionary yet. I was super happy to find an army helmet, as my trusty hardhat had been with me since very early on in the game.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #144
Peregrine
Pro Starter

For me I am starting to see more ammo issues now when I am getting to some much tougher fights (heavily armed raiders like the Gunners and super mutants) around level 17. I have been on Very Hard difficulty the whole time and frankly haven't found the game very hard but I am starting to burn a lot of ammo even when switching between multiple weapons with different ammo types. Getting the perk where you find more ammo has definitely helped though. I think part of it is that I don't have a lot of AP on my character due to low agility so I have to fire a lot from the hip which burns more.

I'm waiting to see how the settlement attacks will work - I try to keep all my active ones solid in defense, and lately I've started a campaign to arm and armor my settlers better - since most of them start with stuff like junk pipe pistols and no armor. I just grab random raider armor and weapons I don't need (mostly 10mm and shotguns since those are the ammo types I don't use much.) I gave one guy a missile launcher, so at least they've got one big gun.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-15-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #145
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Weird, is that some kind of bug?
Definitely a bug. Lots of people reporting it online. It worked while in Power Armor but wouldn't work in the general map. Being in Windowed mode lessens immersion but is tolerable at the highest resolution.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #146
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Pornhub's traffic dipped significantly the day Fallout 4 came out | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb

Old 11-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #147
Peregrine
Pro Starter

What do you guys think of how they handled power armor in the game? To me they really seemed to make it more of a requirement for some stuff - I get my ass kicked in certain fights unless I use it, and I have pretty good regular armor. Right now I tend to just save it for important or tough fights - I have plenty of fusion cores but I guess I don't like the idea of using it all the time when I have all the perks, etc to improve my regular armor so much.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #148
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do you guys think of how they handled power armor in the game? To me they really seemed to make it more of a requirement for some stuff - I get my ass kicked in certain fights unless I use it, and I have pretty good regular armor. Right now I tend to just save it for important or tough fights - I have plenty of fusion cores but I guess I don't like the idea of using it all the time when I have all the perks, etc to improve my regular armor so much.

Used it in a fight last night for the first time since the quest that introduced it. (clearing a charter school, for those curious). Useful, I certainly would have died without it, but feels like a pain in the ass frankly. Not a fan at all tbh, of anything they've done with power armor.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:44 PM   #149
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I can't seem to find any fusion cores to replace the dead one in my power armor.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #150
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I can't seem to find any fusion cores to replace the dead one in my power armor.

I think I have 10 currently (had 11, burned one on that mission).

Be sure to eyeball any & all generator looking gizmos, larger ones basically, in buildings. I've also gotten more than half of them just from random scavving of containers & such. Took one off a Super Mutie body.