Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2015, 08:13 PM   #301
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are some original named settlers who are named "Settler" by the way. You might be seeing those.

I have seen a few dead settlers from the battle.s But I like to instantly hop over to the area via the Institute teleport, so I get time to hunt down and set up defenses, rather than coming into the battle hot.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:40 PM   #302
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
are Provisioners bulletproof? I seem to get a LOT of "proximity random events" that involve them getting the crap kicked out of them until I can ride to the rescue but I haven't lost one yet. Is it even possible for me to lose one?

I don't think they can be killed but I think your trade route is messed up until you help them.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #303
chinaski
College Prospect

They cannot be killed.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #304
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I think my 'discovery' of purified water and mutfruit as the best source of income in the game has a lot to do with how much I like Warwick

How much income do you need though? I haven't focused on income at all and have been fine. You don't need to buy much stuff except ammo and the occasional aid item or rare resource, and I have been able to pay for that with all the extra unused ammo I already find.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:19 AM   #305
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have a leveled up to level 4 of the Strong Back perk so after clearing out a place I can grab literally everything not tied down, head out to a place to unload the stuff, and typically break even when buying more 10 mm ammo, missiles, the occasional fusion core, and then shipments of the material that I need. I buy a ton of oil, gears, copper, and now I'm out of cloth badly, so I've picked up two of those.

Old 12-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #306
bhlloy
Coordinator

So I'm probably an idiot by it how do you set up trading routes/gain income from settlements? I have a few levels in local leader, created a few stands in sanctuary and assigned people to them and they don't seem to do anything. The only things I seem to find online are clickbait or 32 minute YouTube videos, so a good link would be just as appreciated...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:45 AM   #307
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Abe, for cloth just pick up all the pre-war money that is lying around by the wheelbarrow full. It doesn't weigh anything and is very common - I have like 1300 of it in my workshop right now, plus another 650 cloth. But maybe I'm just not doing much with it besides building the occasional bed.

Bhlloy - for trading routes you go into the workshop mode and when you mouse over settlers you have a button called trade route - it will ask you where you want it to connect to. Basically do this in different places until you have a web connecting all your sites. As far as the stands - agreed, I put them up but seems like they are always empty, however they do generate money - look for the bottlecaps in your workshop inventory.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 12-15-2015, 01:54 AM   #308
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
How much income do you need though? I haven't focused on income at all and have been fine. You don't need to buy much stuff except ammo and the occasional aid item or rare resource, and I have been able to pay for that with all the extra unused ammo I already find.

Only thing I really buy is building materials from vendors. I pay using ammo and chems too, but I'd done it enough that I was running out of both.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:55 AM   #309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe, for cloth just pick up all the pre-war money that is lying around by the wheelbarrow full. It doesn't weigh anything and is very common - I have like 1300 of it in my workshop right now, plus another 650 cloth. But maybe I'm just not doing much with it besides building the occasional bed.

Bhlloy - for trading routes you go into the workshop mode and when you mouse over settlers you have a button called trade route - it will ask you where you want it to connect to. Basically do this in different places until you have a web connecting all your sites. As far as the stands - agreed, I put them up but seems like they are always empty, however they do generate money - look for the bottlecaps in your workshop inventory.

I sell the money for, um, money. It's really good for that.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:49 AM   #310
Peregrine
Pro Starter

It's also a great way to find cloth.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:28 AM   #311
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
look for the bottlecaps in your workshop inventory.

Yeah, that was the little detail that was escaping me until my son clued me in ... and then looked at me like I was the biggest dumbass in the world.

He enjoyed that.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:25 AM   #312
RainMaker
General Manager

Is there an unlimited amount of settlements? Each time I set one up I'm told there is another.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #313
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yes. There are 30 I believe. I have 29, and there's one in such a bad place, with a huge Mirelurk army and a queen and multiple kings that doesn't look like a good place, so I 'm skipping it despite a mission to set it up for now.

EDIT: RainMaker you can also just set one up yourself. I was walking around the starting area, and cleaned out two places that could be used as settlements without needing a quest to do so.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-15-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #314
Radii
Head Coach

I'm doing a melee build so ammo isn't a concern for me. I haven't sold much of it though, under my standard "what if I need this at some point" RPG hoarding strategy. I built up sanctuary a bit but haven't done anything with any of the other settlements outside of sticking a couple turrets on the roofs. I do break down most/all of my junk just in case I want to do some building later.

One thing I have started doing lately is making chems. I'm buying blood packs from vendors whenever I can, buying buffout and occasionally stimpacks as well. I'm slowly working my way towards building up a stockpile of psychobuff and am starting to be more liberal about using the stuff.

I bumped the difficulty up to hard around level 15 but once I get my next sneak perk at 23 I think I'm going to bump it up to very hard, and want to be prepared with tons of drugs, basically.

Last edited by Radii : 12-15-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:32 AM   #315
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Because of the negative effects of getting hooked on drugs, you may want to carry around some extra Addictol, to remove it in the middle of a long dungeon crawl. There's also a quest you can do that'll give you 60 of each basic chem if ou choose a certain path.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #316
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I bumped the difficulty up to hard around level 15 but once I get my next sneak perk at 23 I think I'm going to bump it up to very hard, and want to be prepared with tons of drugs, basically.

I've been playing on very hard pretty much the whole game - it's definitely harder but for me the large amount of legendary items you get tends to balance it out. Most are ok, but the good ones are really good.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:04 PM   #317
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Because of the negative effects of getting hooked on drugs, you may want to carry around some extra Addictol, to remove it in the middle of a long dungeon crawl. There's also a quest you can do that'll give you 60 of each basic chem if ou choose a certain path.

Thanks. I do have a few on me at all times, it hasn't happened yet but I'm quite sure it will soon enough.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #318
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I was just waiting to head out and defend against an attack on one of my settlements and was surprised to see it wasn't raiders or mutants or ghouls - the three I've always had before, but instead a Deathclaw Matriarch. Let's just say a lot of dead settlers awaited me. Town went from 20 to 12 in one attack!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 PM   #319
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Does the constant respawning annoy anyone else? I find it hard to really feel I've accomplished much in clearing the wasteland where the same stuff respawns later on - and usually I get a repeat mission to clear it.

The good part is all the loot and junk respawns too, but still...

Last edited by Peregrine : 12-15-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #320
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Does the constant respawning annoy anyone else? I find it hard to really feel I've accomplished much in clearing the wasteland where the same stuff respawns later on - and usually I get a repeat mission to clear it.

The good part is all the loot and junk respawns too, but still...

Yeah, I'm a bit on the fence about it... There's no real risk of running out of supplies given you can buy bulk supplies of things like copper/alumnium etc. from vendors. It would probably make cash more valuable rather than 'oh I need aluminium, I'll go clear out location X for food trays again'.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was just waiting to head out and defend against an attack on one of my settlements and was surprised to see it wasn't raiders or mutants or ghouls - the three I've always had before, but instead a Deathclaw Matriarch. Let's just say a lot of dead settlers awaited me. Town went from 20 to 12 in one attack!

OMG they turned it into F. Shelter
Old 12-16-2015, 01:14 PM   #322
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Connected power up to all my houses in Sanctuary Hills last night. Wish I could fix the walls/doors on the pre-existing structures.

I saw a youtube video about "repairing" houses. What the guy was doing was using the rug clipping trick* to build shack walls and ceilings coincident with the existing walls and ceilings of Sanctuary, including building a shack doorway complete with door to fit the existing Sanctuary doorway.

* If you don't know, the rug clipping trick is where you can build a rug and then build, say, a couch with it's corner barely on that rug. Then, if you "pick up" the rug, the couch goes with it but the engine only uses the rug for collision detection. The couch will clip right through existing objects. You can put the rug down in the middle of the room and the couch will happily be sticking through the wall.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #323
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I saw a youtube video about "repairing" houses. What the guy was doing was using the rug clipping trick* to build shack walls and ceilings coincident with the existing walls and ceilings of Sanctuary, including building a shack doorway complete with door to fit the existing Sanctuary doorway.

* If you don't know, the rug clipping trick is where you can build a rug and then build, say, a couch with it's corner barely on that rug. Then, if you "pick up" the rug, the couch goes with it but the engine only uses the rug for collision detection. The couch will clip right through existing objects. You can put the rug down in the middle of the room and the couch will happily be sticking through the wall.

I wish I understood this better 'cause the "house repair" trick is something that would make me MUCH happier with the state of nearly all my settlements.

Alas, I don't really have much hope than even watching fifteen videos of people doing it would help my spatially challenged self figure out how to do it :/
Old 12-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #324
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm finally about 5 or 6 hours in, loving it though. Feels quite a bit harder than previous fallout games. Not being able to find much in the way of good guns thus far, I had a hell of a time clearing those raiders out of the Corvega plant. I managed to finish the mission by activating a protectron in medic mode and having him take out the "boss" character.. But then he turned on me and killed me before I left, as I was looting corpses. Finished it after reloading, but that was a fun mission. The added effect of roaches flying and other unknown bugs and animals have been fun to get used to.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #325
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I'm finally about 5 or 6 hours in, loving it though. Feels quite a bit harder than previous fallout games. Not being able to find much in the way of good guns thus far, I had a hell of a time clearing those raiders out of the Corvega plant. I managed to finish the mission by activating a protectron in medic mode and having him take out the "boss" character.. But then he turned on me and killed me before I left, as I was looting corpses. Finished it after reloading, but that was a fun mission. The added effect of roaches flying and other unknown bugs and animals have been fun to get used to.

fwiw, I think there was a pretty strong consensus on the 'net that Corvega was a real bitch for the early portion of the game.

And those blasted flying bugs (both of the main types) are probably my most dreaded enemy some 200 hours into the game. I HATE those damned things.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #326
Radii
Head Coach

Now that I have the sneak perk at level 23 I'm upping the difficulty to very hard. I probably should have earlier, but that 100% seals it. Soooo much easier to get melee sneak 1 shot kills.

Spoiler

EDIT: I'm not discussing where to get any melee items but do mention one, may as well spoiler it.

Last edited by Radii : 12-16-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:54 PM   #327
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post

I found a gun in a quest as a reward around hour 50. (You could get it lots earlier, and knowing what I know now, I could make a beeline for it around hour 20 or 25 in a reboot, maybe sooner). Now I'm at hour 150 ish, and I've never stopped using that as my prime weapon. It's a pistol, it's perfect for me and my build, and ammo for it is plenty with vendors and cheaper, and you find it all over too

I don't know if you'd consider it spoilers to tell the weapon and why it resonates, so I'm adding spoiler tags to this:

Spoiler

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-16-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #328
Groundhog
Coordinator

Best pistol I've found so far is....

Spoiler
Old 12-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #329
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so somewhere around level 40something (I don't know when eactly) I suddenly had a new option for a miscellaneous item. A sort of stand/tent thing for caravans. Can be built on my settlements, etc.

Anybody know what triggers that? Is it level related? A perk I earned that I missed? I'm almost certain it did NOT come from a magazine 'cause haven't had one of those related to that sort of thing in like 10 levels & I know this hasn't been around that long.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #330
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hmmm I don't think I have seen that. Only Misc item I have (I think) is the artillery.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #331
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm I don't think I have seen that. Only Misc item I have (I think) is the artillery.

It just kinda randomly showed up as an option suddenly. IIRC it's in the miscellaneous items with like the bell, siren, etc stuff.

I've built one, sure enough they'll show up and use it. I'm not yet clear whether it just puts them in a spot that you'd like them to be in or if it affects frequency, their routes, etc. Or it maybe be almost entirely aesthetic.

It's super cheap, like 1 steel and 10 wood or something so I'll certainly be adding more of them.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:52 PM   #332
RainMaker
General Manager

Probably too late for most but playing with the Idiot Savant perk and Intelligence at 1 is almost too easy for gaining XP.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:11 PM   #333
Peregrine
Pro Starter

So I started my second game (finished the main story with my first guy and he was in his mid-50s, didn't explore everything as I wanted to leave some stuff for the second playthrough.) It's been quite a change of pace as my first character was a melee/heavy guns/power armor build that would just charge in and kick ass, while my second is a sneaky charisma build based on manipulation and robbing people blind.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #334
bhlloy
Coordinator

Just finished the main story this one. Quite underwhelming and felt kinda stale most of the way through IMO. Feels like a game and engine from 10 years ago compared to a game like the Witcher and the storyline and faction stuff was underwhelming again. Settlement stuff felt like a boring mini game with no actual consequences.

Ok game but nowhere near the generational stuff the first one was or the fun that Vegas was IMO
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:26 PM   #335
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I think today is the first time I've gotten annoyed by one of those classic Bethesda bugs.

Was kinda doing run of the mill stuff, nothing major, fast traveled from one place to the next & got TWO failed-to-defend notices ... for attacks on settlements that I was never aware of. Even had Radio Freedom on, no mention. Never saw a on-screen message of either.

Research online suggests that it has become pretty common to see that happen, mystery fails (now at Lvl 51 I've had 4 attacks within hours of each other, had less than a dozen combined prior to that I believe).

And there's a particular set of attackers that has a "missing man" sort of bug that occurs with some frequency, so I have that to look forward to as well I suppose :/
Old 12-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #336
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It just kinda randomly showed up as an option suddenly. IIRC it's in the miscellaneous items with like the bell, siren, etc stuff.

I've built one, sure enough they'll show up and use it. I'm not yet clear whether it just puts them in a spot that you'd like them to be in or if it affects frequency, their routes, etc. Or it maybe be almost entirely aesthetic.

It's super cheap, like 1 steel and 10 wood or something so I'll certainly be adding more of them.

I can confirm that this happened for me right after I gained Bunker Hill as a settlement, I was able to build Caravan stops in other settlements

Old 12-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #337
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Do you ever find that you have one random settlement that always seems to have a ton more people and success than you expected, or invested? For me it's Somerville Place, way out there, and has the most people (21) of my places. And I barely go there.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #338
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you ever find that you have one random settlement that always seems to have a ton more people and success than you expected, or invested? For me it's Somerville Place, way out there, and has the most people (21) of my places. And I barely go there.

Not sure I consider very many of mine "successful" yet, just tbh (clearly, I don't entirely have the hang of settlement management beyond full bellies & indoor sleeping) but Starlight Drive-In and Jamaica Plain both seem to be major people magnets.

At some point soon I think I really need to do a major inventory assessment and spend several in-game days (and probably 6-8 real life hours) shuffling gear from my primary stockpiles and distributing it across the settlements. Along with that, a serious look settlement by settlement at what is where and who is where and what needs to be where.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:28 PM   #339
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Is there a need to have primary stockpiles as you mentioned Jon? I'm honestly curious - I had thought that once you have trade routes connecting all your settlements they all share one common inventory no matter where it is.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:49 PM   #340
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Oberland Station. Tiny little square of a settlement, 20+ people there. Constantly need to send them elsewhere.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #341
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a need to have primary stockpiles as you mentioned Jon? I'm honestly curious - I had thought that once you have trade routes connecting all your settlements they all share one common inventory no matter where it is.

Sorry, my phrasing probably created confusion.

I just meant the places where I unload all of the various armor & weapons that I eventually need to distribute to various settlers.

Sanctuary Hills has most of that stuff (as well as my containers for all the things I'm keeping because I keep one of every item, same as I've done in every Bethesda game I've played) but there are some secondary caches that are getting rather large at this point too.

Like, oh, 14 sets of armor that some Gunners won't be needing any longer after I completed Hunter/Hunted. I had to stop off at another settlement while carrying that load (to fix a "0 beds, 0 defense" bug) ended up fast-traveling into a random firefight so I threw every bit of that into a handy chest & haven't moved it yet.

There's probably 3 locations that, if I combined everything stashed there with the insane amount of stuff stashed at homebase, I could just about trick out all of my settlers (or darned close to it).

It gets a little ridiculous, honestly, and it's one of the things that I'm kind of unimpressed by Bethesda lack of foresight (or intentional desire to make things difficult) about. I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 settlers under my command at the moment, there's really no need for managing them to be quite the clusterf*** that it is.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #342
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

LOL I got Idiot Savant to trigger on the game winning event, Nuclear Option. I gained....8820 after the doubling, and two levels at the end.

Anyways, I followed the very common online guides on how to win with all three factions still alive and on friendly terms with you. So yay on that. The route is actually pretty obvious and makes storyline sense to me as well.

My main gun went from 850 rounds to around 60 after the main mission

EXTREME Spoilers!

Spoiler

Extreme spoilers. There is a walkthruogh of the plotlines and basic quests I used.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-20-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #343
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Wow all three factions alive and friendly? Long way from the ending I got.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #344
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow all three factions alive and friendly? Long way from the ending I got.

Ditto - in my universe...
Spoiler
Old 12-20-2015, 09:45 PM   #345
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In case it helps, here is my final build, before the two levels I gained from the end quest XP rewards:

Malva Maitland
Level 63

STR 9; Perception 5; END 4; Charisma 9; INT 4; Agi 5; Luck 9

STR Perks -

Big Leagues 1
Strong Back 4

PER -

Locksmith 3

END -

Toughness 4

CHA -

Cap Collector 2
Black Widow 3
Attack Dog 1
Local Leader 2
Inspirational 2

INT -

Gun Nut 3
Hacker 3

AGI -

Gunslinger 5
Action Girl 2

LUCK -

Fortune Finder 1
Scrounger 1
Bloody Mess 2
Idiot Savant 3
Better Criticals 3
Grim Reaper's Sprint 2
Four Leaf Clover 4

I had a action point/critical build. With my main gun giving me 25% to hit and better VATS bonuses, and me getting a ton of action points back with Grim Reaper, large crit damage, easy crit refills including the Four Leaf fills for free often, Action Girl increasing AP regen, then layer in armor with 10% reduction of AP costs in VATS, increases AP refreshx2 for armor, and you can see my build was based around VATS, criticals, and such. I would often get three crits off in one barrage on VATS.

I do like my build - the weapons and armor mesh synergetically with the perks and stats and it feels like a different build than your normal stealth/sniper or rush and melee options. I also have tactical flexibility to match my partner. When I'm with a sniper or long range companion, then iI rush in and fire with my pistol close. Otherwise I can use my pistol very well at medium range and help out a close range companion.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-20-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #346
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In case it helps, here is my final build, before the two levels I gained from the end quest XP rewards:

Malva Maitland
Level 63

STR 9; Perception 5; END 4; Charisma 9; INT 4; Agi 5; Luck 9

Fairly similar in terms of style to my own character, but with diff SPECIALS, mine being heavy on intelligence & light on luck.

I'm pretty much always a VATS-whore.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-20-2015 at 09:50 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #347
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Hit the "building limit" at a settlement for the first time. Considering how relatively little I've done there -- defense value is only 48, 3 blgs with a total of 11 beds, 2-3 flags and a Minuteman state -- I'm pretty disappointed at how low the cap seems to be.

I wonder if part of the problem is how much stuff is just outside the borders & therefore unscrappable? It's already one of my least favorite spots in the game (due to the peculiar drawing of borders Bethesda chose), this isn't helping.

I did find the workaround/glitch trick to reduce your build percentage one-dropped/stored-weapon at a time but, still, :/
Old 12-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #348
Groundhog
Coordinator

Bunker Hill is teetering on the brink of the build cap as soon as you claim it, but that's the closest I've come. I only claimed it last night and while I was building it up we were hit by a rather large Synth force - probably like 15 or more in total. They may have been a random wandering mob that strayed too close to the settlement, but it was the first 'proper' battle I'd had with my settlers on the outskirts of a settlement.

I think my two biggest 'OH SH1T' moments in Fallout 4 are officially when the mine icon flashes up on the screen and starts beeping, and when you hear a supermutant suicide bomber beeping but can't spot him.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #349
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but it was the first 'proper' battle I'd had with my settlers on the outskirts of a settlement.

I accidentally ended up with one of those (so accidentally that I allowed myself a reload based on the premise that I never had the chance to say "stay put you bumbling twits" ).

Was following a vertibird to what I figured was easy loot & easy XP, ended up in a rather pitched firefight with a unexpectedly well entrenched set of raiders. Pretty much the LAST thing I expected was to suddenly see a number of green targets popping up in VATS.

Turned out that I was on the edge of a settlement when I fired my first long-range shot ... so my settlers trailed along behind me, eventually charging straight into the malestrom while I was busy flanking the bad guys.

Things, uh, did not end well for them :/
Old 12-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #350
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So I may have made a few notes from my current game. And I may have stuck them into a spreadsheet (hey, if you've seen my handwriting then you'd understand)

167 human settlers is a LOT of bodies to try to arm & clothe.

And at 7 wearable pieces per settler, that's a lot of pieces.

Hell, that's a lot of guns too.