Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #201
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
God forbid someone give you a dissenting opinion. Let it go.

Except you didn't give a dissenting opinion. You told him it was too soon for him to love the move his GM made and threw stuff like "final judgment" out when he never made any claim.

"Philly was moronic for giving up that package and letting us have Tatum. Ainge is the king!" implies some kind of potentially premature judgment.

Not to mention your analogy kind of sucked. You compared a team giving up a ton of assets for a guy and a team which gained an extra (strong) asset in a deal.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #202
Logan
Head Coach

Zach Lowe‏
@ZachLowe_NBA

Philly will send Okafor, Nik Stauskas, and a second-round pick to Brooklyn for Trevor Booker, sources say.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #203
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Zach Lowe‏
@ZachLowe_NBA

Philly will send Okafor, Nik Stauskas, and a second-round pick to Brooklyn for Trevor Booker, sources say.

Kind of surprised the 76ers couldnt pull in a bit more and even more surprised they traded him within the division. Unless, we are pretty much writing Okafor off as a completely lost cause.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #204
JPhillips
General Manager

I like what Brooklyn is doing. They won't be great, but they've added two top five picks for basically nothing.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #205
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Unless, we are pretty much writing Okafor off as a completely lost cause.

Wouldn't being unable to make a deal for a 30 year old with a career average of 7 PPG without throwing in a draft pick and other flotsam be, in itself, the very definition of a lost cause?

I mean, we don't have to write him off yet, but the Sixers clearly have.

Last edited by Shkspr : 12-07-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #206
Groundhog
Coordinator

Booker helps the Sixers more than Okafor picking up DND-CDs does, as a legit rotation guy who isn't a matador on defense. Okafor should score 16-18PPG a night in Brooklyn if he gets the mins, so it's a good opportunity for him to show he can do something other than put the ball in the basket... Not so hopeful on that.

Re: the Cavs pick, I'm hoping he scores 18 a game with a low efficiency and gives up 30.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #207
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Except you didn't give a dissenting opinion. You told him it was too soon for him to love the move his GM made and threw stuff like "final judgment" out when he never made any claim.

"Philly was moronic for giving up that package and letting us have Tatum. Ainge is the king!" implies some kind of potentially premature judgment.

Not to mention your analogy kind of sucked. You compared a team giving up a ton of assets for a guy and a team which gained an extra (strong) asset in a deal.

So, your problem is with calling it a "dissenting opinion?"

I don't get why this is a thing. I only responded to larry's followup with the above because he clearly took some offense to being challenged on his point (since he dropped a snide and unnecessary comment after the discussion was "done").

This is a spot where I think y'all could be a little less sensitive and move on.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:40 PM   #208
miami_fan
Coordinator

The Sixers did not get the memo that Lonzo can't shoot. Terrible D on that last play.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #209
Groundhog
Coordinator

Losses like that are good for the Sixers. They need to shake the habit of playing to their opponent's level.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #210
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Losses like that are good for the Sixers. They need to shake the habit of playing to their opponent's level.

Losses like this arent good for the sixers if they want to make the playoffs. They are looking like a 40-47 win team so every game matters a lot to them.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #211
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Losses like this arent good for the sixers if they want to make the playoffs. They are looking like a 40-47 win team so every game matters a lot to them.

Talking long term, it is a good thing if they want to make the playoffs. They can't be too cocky at this point, they are better than they've been in a long time, but they are not the Cavs/Warriors and can coast through a game for 3 quarters before hitting the gas. Either they learn that and improve, or they don't and miss the playoffs.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #212
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Talking long term, it is a good thing if they want to make the playoffs. They can't be too cocky at this point, they are better than they've been in a long time, but they are not the Cavs/Warriors and can coast through a game for 3 quarters before hitting the gas. Either they learn that and improve, or they don't and miss the playoffs.

They are a lot like the Timberwolves right now. One game they look like they are one of the top teams in their conference while the next night they lose a game against a bottom feeder missing their best player. The growing pains of younger teams.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:15 PM   #213
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The Sixers did not get the memo that Lonzo can't shoot. Terrible D on that last play.

He would have easily made the layup if they didn't collapse
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 AM   #214
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
Wouldn't being unable to make a deal for a 30 year old with a career average of 7 PPG without throwing in a draft pick and other flotsam be, in itself, the very definition of a lost cause?

I mean, we don't have to write him off yet, but the Sixers clearly have.
They wrote him off when they declined next year's option & stopped playing him. I'm surprised they even got any rotation player, but I can't be mad at what the Nets did, made sense for them.
Quote:
So, your problem is with calling it a "dissenting opinion?"

I don't get why this is a thing. I only responded to larry's followup with the above because he clearly took some offense to being challenged on his point (since he dropped a snide and unnecessary comment after the discussion was "done").

This is a spot where I think y'all could be a little less sensitive and move on.
I'd rather talk the actual issues than people's feelings, but I do think "small sample size" is overused, and that was what triggered me to post some information. To use an extreme example, if a baseball player has 10 at bats and has either 2 or 3 hits, saying he'll hit .300 and be a Hall of Famer or .200 and be below replacement level based off those 10 at bats is ludicrous... but if a player hits 10 home runs in his first 10 at bats you can confidently say he has above average power despite it only being 10 at bats.

In this case, if you want to argue that Fultz still has higher potential or Tatum could suffer a gruesome career-altering injury while being negligently mismanaged by his coaching staff and organization I get it, but if your argument is that Tatum hasn't proven anything these past 25 games I strongly disagree. His proven floor is already higher than anyone (I think even including Ainge) thought on draft night.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:04 AM   #215
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I'd rather talk the actual issues than people's feelings, but I do think "small sample size" is overused, and that was what triggered me to post some information. To use an extreme example, if a baseball player has 10 at bats and has either 2 or 3 hits, saying he'll hit .300 and be a Hall of Famer or .200 and be below replacement level based off those 10 at bats is ludicrous... but if a player hits 10 home runs in his first 10 at bats you can confidently say he has above average power despite it only being 10 at bats.

In this case, if you want to argue that Fultz still has higher potential or Tatum could suffer a gruesome career-altering injury while being negligently mismanaged by his coaching staff and organization I get it, but if your argument is that Tatum hasn't proven anything these past 25 games I strongly disagree. His proven floor is already higher than anyone (I think even including Ainge) thought on draft night.

It was comparative. Even if we accept Tatum's awesomeness off of seven weeks of play, Fultz could still come back from his injury, become a super stud and make the original point seem extremely premature. It's not so mucb about Tatum alone as it is Tatum versus Fultz--which is completely a question we can't answer now and maybe won't be able to fully answer for years.

And I wouldn't have brought up anyone's feelings if they weren't so clearly an issue. Your original response was perfect and I enjoyed it immensely, even if I still felt that the sample size was too small to be definitive and that it ignored rhe idea that what we were discussing required a comparispn of two players and not an absolute assessment of just one.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:53 AM   #216
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was kind of hoping that Derrick Rose would retire.

Brooklyn is getting a lot of production by guys that I've never heard of and they all have last names that would make for a mean 90s R&B supergroup.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:20 AM   #217
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
He would have easily made the layup if they didn't collapse

The collapse wasn't the issue. Running out to chase Lonzo off the three point line like he was Steph Curry is the problem. That compromised the entire defense.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-08-2017, 07:28 AM   #218
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The collapse wasn't the issue. Running out to chase Lonzo off the three point line like he was Steph Curry is the problem. That compromised the entire defense.

Exactly. Let him take a 3 all day long, it would have ended just like the previous possession.

Interesting stat, prior to yesterday's game Simmons could have missed his next 197 shots and would still have a better shooting percentage than Ball.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:32 AM   #219
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
It was comparative. Even if we accept Tatum's awesomeness off of seven weeks of play, Fultz could still come back from his injury, become a super stud and make the original point seem extremely premature. It's not so mucb about Tatum alone as it is Tatum versus Fultz--which is completely a question we can't answer now and maybe won't be able to fully answer for years.

And I wouldn't have brought up anyone's feelings if they weren't so clearly an issue. Your original response was perfect and I enjoyed it immensely, even if I still felt that the sample size was too small to be definitive and that it ignored rhe idea that what we were discussing required a comparispn of two players and not an absolute assessment of just one.

My feelings were never an issue. I simply thought your post was silly and so I made a follow up comment mocking what you said.

Right now, I love the move Danny made to get Tatum because it looks like we got a very good player and an extra asset. Of course, there are many different things that can happen to change that, but I felt that went without saying and that's why I thought your post was unnecessary.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #220
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
My feelings were never an issue. I simply thought your post was silly and so I made a follow up comment mocking what you said.

Right now, I love the move Danny made to get Tatum because it looks like we got a very good player and an extra asset. Of course, there are many different things that can happen to change that, but I felt that went without saying and that's why I thought your post was unnecessary.

Your feelings were expressed in the way you responded. You made a number of pointed comments that basically told me you considered me a dumbass. Which I am fine with. Been called worse. But the fact that someone simply disagreeing with jumping to the conclusion that you did led you to making multiple posts mocking him suggests you are a little to emotionally involved.

Thus my reference to your feelings.

Look at Bishop's responses. His are devoid of feelings. Simply a straight, rational take, backed with stats. You came back and basically dropped an F U at me well after our immediate discussion was done.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-08-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:02 PM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Haha fine by me. I'm fine with larry. I don't plan on responding anymore on this issue, so he can take another shot if he wants. I won't come back at him.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-08-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #223
Kodos
Resident Alien

Come at me, bro.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #224
Kodos
Resident Alien

Oladipo with 47 points in a win over the Nuggets yesterday. Love how he was blossomed after the trade to the Pacers.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #225
Groundhog
Coordinator

Never expected Indiana to walk away winners of that trade.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #226
Atocep
Coordinator

So does anyone see LiAngelo and LeMelo not ending in disaster playing in Europe?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #227
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
So does anyone see LiAngelo and LeMelo not ending in disaster playing in Europe?

Found about the least-fitting situation imaginable as well. 10k town/village with likely a very low percentage of people speaking english, 1.5k "arena", a club that doesn't regularly have foreigner (much less americans) on their roster. I bet the coaches and teammates will be ecstatic that suddenly those two come in with the circus in tow, change up the routines (probably all team communication was in lithuanian for example i would bet). All while they try to hold the division or make a run for the playoffs after a bad start to the season (and also keep their own careers alive). Joining mid-season won't really help either, nor will them being a package-deal. LaMelo is 16, guy should play at a big(ger) club's youth academy and not for a pro team in Lithuania. See: Pulicic for example (soccer )

Quite frankly there is also a strong likelihood they are not even remotely good enough to actually earn playing time, especially joining mid-season and having to go through a ton of adjustments on/off the court, if they still get minutes that'll make them reaaaaaally popular in that team.

I'd be shocked if they don't have a shit-ton of beneath-the-table agreements making this more or less a "do what you want, we'll get the publicity" stunt. Only scenario that remotely makes sense and that's all fine and well for the management ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 12-11-2017 at 07:47 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #228
Groundhog
Coordinator

A ton of American players - and we're talking about guys who have usually spent 2-4 years playing div 1 ball - underestimate how difficult it is to play ball in Europe. The skill gap is not as large as they think, especially when factoring in that you're up against grown men.

I don't see them averaging more than a couple of minutes a game to be honest, even in the weak domestic league, let alone the Eurocup.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #229
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Say what you want about the choices the Ball family have made, but it could be worse: they could have ended up traded to the Marlins.

Last edited by Shkspr : 12-11-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #230
RedKingGold
College Starter

I don’t know if Brett Brown is a good coach, but I’m glad he’s not determined to grind our best players’ bones to dust like Thibs.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #231
miami_fan
Coordinator

I absolutely love the Embid trash talk but how did we make the determination that his trash talk was playful?
Old 12-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #232
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This Sixers team is so fun. Glad #theprocess is finally blossoming some.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #233
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Never expected Indiana to walk away winners of that trade.

Yeah, seriously. They bring Oladipo home mostly to tank and get IU fans excited at the "homegrown" player returning and turns out, he can actually play.

So crazy. Team doesn't have any long-term sea legs, but wild that it worked out in their favor, but OKC probably makes the move if they could again because it's the only way they can get name players to come there is trading for them or overpaying second-tier stars.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #234
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Refs doing what they can to hand this one to the Ws.

Old 12-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #235
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Refs doing what they can to hand this one to the Ws.

That's pretty much SOP.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:39 PM   #236
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Replay so painful.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:04 PM   #237
Groundhog
Coordinator

KD blatantly fouls him twice on the shot, and arguably once as well when LeBron beat him inside the arc before the shot.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:10 PM   #238
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Can't swallow the whistle and then go to replay like that.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #239
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
A ton of American players - and we're talking about guys who have usually spent 2-4 years playing div 1 ball - underestimate how difficult it is to play ball in Europe. The skill gap is not as large as they think, especially when factoring in that you're up against grown men.

Yep. One of my hometown's two athletic claims to fame(population 10k) was a guy who was a coach's son, shot EKU into the NCAA tournament, and then played in Europe for several years(Croatia mostly IIRC). He was a pretty good European guard, but even with an excellent shot and good handles it was mostly only because he was smart and driven. A lot of guys over there can play.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #240
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Classic Celtics, Marcus Smart, and James Harden wilting under pressure.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #241
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Harden is an idiot.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #242
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

For those of you who are wondering what bit of refereeing insanity benefitted a New England team THIS time.

Rockets had a 26 point lead in the 2nd quarter, and the Celtics came back to be down three with 10 seconds left.

Inbounds, Tatum breaks to the hoop, alley-oop, celtics down 1 with 7.3 to go.

On the inbounds (Rockets have no timeouts), Smart basically gets in Harden's face and instead of Harden running around him or getting someone else the ball, Harden extends the arm in a push off. Smart sells it for what it's worth (it was a foul, but he made SURE it was going to be called a foul). Offensive foul on Harden, Celtics ball.

Celtics have no timeouts, but inbound to Horford who backs in twice, throws up a half-hook shot from about five feet and scores. Celtics lead by 1.

Harden had gotten a bit wrapped up with Smart (Smart was going in for a potential rebound on Horford's shot, grabs the ball, and kinda jabs it into smart twice, trying to create some space (Note, Harden is not the inbounder, he just wanted Smart to Get the hell away from him).

Ref finally gets the ball from Harden (avoiding the delay of game penalty) and hands it to the Rockets inbounder. Smart AGAIN face guarding Harden who apparently thinks "The ref just made a game changing call last time I pushed off, so there's NO way he'll do it again!" and runs into Smart twice, knocking him down the second time, and yes, Mr. Harden, the ref did it again.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:20 PM   #243
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
For those of you who are wondering what bit of refereeing insanity benefitted a New England team THIS time.

Rockets had a 26 point lead in the 2nd quarter, and the Celtics came back to be down three with 10 seconds left.

Inbounds, Tatum breaks to the hoop, alley-oop, celtics down 1 with 7.3 to go.

On the inbounds (Rockets have no timeouts), Smart basically gets in Harden's face and instead of Harden running around him or getting someone else the ball, Harden extends the arm in a push off. Smart sells it for what it's worth (it was a foul, but he made SURE it was going to be called a foul). Offensive foul on Harden, Celtics ball.

Celtics have no timeouts, but inbound to Horford who backs in twice, throws up a half-hook shot from about five feet and scores. Celtics lead by 1.

Harden had gotten a bit wrapped up with Smart (Smart was going in for a potential rebound on Horford's shot, grabs the ball, and kinda jabs it into smart twice, trying to create some space (Note, Harden is not the inbounder, he just wanted Smart to Get the hell away from him).

Ref finally gets the ball from Harden (avoiding the delay of game penalty) and hands it to the Rockets inbounder. Smart AGAIN face guarding Harden who apparently thinks "The ref just made a game changing call last time I pushed off, so there's NO way he'll do it again!" and runs into Smart twice, knocking him down the second time, and yes, Mr. Harden, the ref did it again.

That is great. Harden benefits more than any player in the league from drawing fouls where the offensive player initiates contact. Great to see a ref not fall for it.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:11 AM   #244
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
That is great. Harden benefits more than any player in the league from drawing fouls where the offensive player initiates contact. Great to see a ref not fall for it.
Well these were nothing like his drives with the extended arms, it was just pushing off to get the ball on inbounds plays. First one I thought was 70/30 an offensive foul on Harden, and Marcus did sell it, but he sells 6 of those a game & usually doesn't get the call (plus there was actually a couple of those earlier with Shane Larkin on D that were much worse and went against Larkin). 2nd one was just a meltdown by Harden - I think Fozzie undersells it there, because I thought mid-game Harden could've/would've been T'd up for giving Smart a couple elbows/forearm shivers. Instead the ref came over, separated them & told him to knock it off, so when Harden got the ball and lowered his shoulder into Smart again it was obvious it'd be an offensive foul even though that was more of a sell job by Smart than the first one was (and the shoulder by Harden probably would've been a no-call in the middle of the game.)

Harden afterwards whining about only having 2 refs for a nationally televised game when he had 15 FT's, the Rockets had 7 more than the Celtics, Harden went 7-27 with 8 turnovers, and the ref was right there on both of the late inbounds plays is hilarious. Keep deflecting from yet another mental collapse in a pressure situation.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:29 PM   #245
Atocep
Coordinator

76ers' G League Affiliate Will Wear SpongeBob SquarePants Uniforms | Bleacher Report
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #246
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I realize the forum has gotten a lot slower but I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the bruhaha between the Rockets and Clips last night.

Social media was pure gold around this one.

Best Deadspin comment I saw: "Two fake rocket attacks in a week."

Old 01-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #247
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I want to wait a bit until we get the whole story. So far I've heard:
  • Chris Paul went into the locker room pissed off and Harden tried to calm him down. Then security had to go into the Rockets' locker room to break things up.
  • Multiple Rockets tried to get into the Clippers' locker room to go after Austin Rivers.
  • Chris Paul actually got into the Clippers' locker room using a back entrance through the stadium.
  • The Rockets were actually pissed at Blake Griffin, not Austin Rivers.

Still entertaining, but who knows what actually happened.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:03 PM   #248
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
  • Chris Paul went into the locker room pissed off and Harden tried to calm him down. Then security had to go into the Rockets' locker room to break things up.
  • Multiple Rockets tried to get into the Clippers' locker room to go after Austin Rivers.
  • Chris Paul actually got into the Clippers' locker room using a back entrance through the stadium.

Yeah, I was watching TNT and I couldn't agree more with Shaq, Kenny & Charles on this one. We're supposed to believe you need to call the LAPD because Chris Paul is attempting to assault Blake Griffin... get out of here
Old 01-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #249
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post

I think the first one was discounted. As for #4, it seemed about evenly split between Blake and Rivers, but Rivers was the first name I saw most. He was apparently talking some mad sheet there in his suit and walking boot.

FTR, even as a Clips fan, I can't stand Austin Rivers.

Things on and off the court I have seen/read:

1. D'Antoni claimed BG elbowed him and is caught on camera telling Griffin "fuck you." The alleged elbow was apparently off screen on the broadcast and D'Antoni had come on to the court floor.

FTR 2, I think D'Antoni is one of the shittiest people in the NBA.

2. This one has mostly been a media joke but apparently even the Logo came down to courtside to keep an eye (or get involved in?) the fracas.

3. Ariza and BG were shoving each other, said some unmentionables and were tossed. BG ripped off his jersey as he left the court and high fived fans on the way to the lockeroom.

4. CP3 was mostly booed in his return to LA. The Clips did do a video tribute for him in the first quarter. He and BG were jawing all game and playing physical and shoving each other. At one point late, CP3 ripped BG's tights under his shorts, attempting to stop him afyer BG drove by him.

5. CP3 floor general planned the attack on the Clips lockeroom, sending Capela to the front door, while he, Ariza, Gerald Green and street-clothes Harden went through a back door.

6. Back door has become "secret tunnel" between lockerooms that CP3 knew about, making this next level hilaruous.

7. Ariza entered the Clips lockeroom as the main instigator, CP3 hanging in the back.

8. A lot of jawing in the lockeroom, but no actual fighting. Just grandstanding, typical NBA. An unnamed Clipper told the LA Times it was the usual just arguing; no one would have actually gotten in a fight. The Rockets came into the doorway, yelling for Rivers and BG. Clips all jumped to their feet and dared them to walk in deeper into the room (they didn't). Security came in and separated them and escorted the Rockets back to their lockeroom.

9. The LAPD was called. Yup.

10. Cherry on top. Capela as distraction. Capela went to the front door of the lockerroom and knocked. A Clips staffer opened the door, saw who it was and shut the door in his face. Capela stayed there for a few moments, wondering what to do, and then walked back to the Rockets lockeroom.

Clips and Rockets play two more times this season (one at each arena) and are also currently #2 and #7 in the playoff standings.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-16-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:15 PM   #250
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Shaq near having an aneurysm laughing so hard at the police being called was hilarious to watch. Find a clip of it if you can.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote