Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Pause or Continue?

We're up to 11 teams on AI control, and one other team that probably should be (owner hasn't exported in a month.) The first thing I'm asking is that everyone consider recruiting for this league. We don't catch everyone who might be interested in something like this at FOFC. If you know someone in one of your other leagues who might be interested, tell them about the league and what you like about it.

That said, my main question is this: should we pause and wait for either a defined period of time, or a defined number of new owners? Or, should we just press on?

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Suicane75
Coordinator

Keep going. This is what it is. I'm not sure what the breaking point is (another 5 or 6 AI teams maybe) but 11 doesn't seem that bad honestly.

Now run the damn file so i can see how much cap space i created by capping out 46 players.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ben, just got my export in a bit late if you don't mind grabbing it too.

That said, I think you keep going. I don't think there is a magical number of teams that need to be human, just run it until the number is small enough that it no longer is worth your time (whatever that number is for you).

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #4
Ben E Lou

Alan:
I think I missed your export. I've been clicking through the draft since I made that post, and it's now done.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Sef0r
n00b

Keep going...

We should have a template of what to copy and paste in other leagues/forums. A template that explains what this league is about in the least amount of words, i.e. no 500 word this is why you should join advert.

Maybe take some of the testimonials from the thread of why we think this is awesome league and create a template thread or something.

Anyways, looking forward to the FAs...
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Alan:
I think I missed your export. I've been clicking through the draft since I made that post, and it's now done.

No big deal. Been a busy week for me. Probably good news for everyone else as I probably lost half of my team. Well at least the good thing is I only have to wait 2 weeks to try to piece it back together

Old 06-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

Only 12 on AI? That's less than I would have thought.

FORCE READ RECRUITING THREAD IN GD FTW!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
FORCE READ RECRUITING THREAD IN GD FTW!

NOW WE'RE TALKIN'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post
We should have a template of what to copy and paste in other leagues/forums. A template that explains what this league is about in the least amount of words, i.e. no 500 word this is why you should join advert.

In all seriousness - this makes good sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

For the love of god, make Subby write the recruiting post!

I've been thinking of joining, but in about 3 weeks I'll be away from the computer for 2 weeks, so I'd hate to join and then go on computer control for basically two seasons.

So, er, maybe in July.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #11
QuikSand
lolzcat

onward
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #12
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
onward
This is clearly The Will Of The People.

And the Most Benevolent Dictator is a Man Of The People.

Forward, Ho!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
TheMeat
n00b

Ya for sure, I'm having a blast. I have a RL friend that is in my house league that will join as soon as I can bug him to get in here, he's just intimidated a bit by the new format and his borderline computer illiteracy but we've adopted a few of the league rules anyway so my house league is not much different than this. He'll likely join in the next week or two, I'll get on him about it.

I think that in our recruiting maybe we should cap the # of teams at 24 anyway? Leave one AI team in each division and that would keep things symmetrical.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #14
digamma
Torchbearer

I think one thing that might help is to go back to running it as a weekday league. This weekend we had a couple of sims (and pretty important ones at that). When we moved to the faster pace, we talked about finishing a season mid-week and taking a few days to regroup before starting the next season on the next Monday. Maybe going back to that model would help and would avoid some of the recent reasons folks have given for dropping out (I missed FA and lost control of my team). Just a thought.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I think one thing that might help is to go back to running it as a weekday league. This weekend we had a couple of sims (and pretty important ones at that). When we moved to the faster pace, we talked about finishing a season mid-week and taking a few days to regroup before starting the next season on the next Monday. Maybe going back to that model would help and would avoid some of the recent reasons folks have given for dropping out (I missed FA and lost control of my team). Just a thought.

I am entirely for taking off weekends myself. Considering it is summer time and I'll likely be traveling 6 of the next 8 weekends, that would make life much easier for me as well. (Granted because of my job, I should usually have internet access of some point while traveling, but would rather stick to weekdays.)

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #16
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post

IWS
Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #17
Subby
lolzcat

Agreed - no weekends, if possible.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 06-08-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
TheMeat
n00b

I'm good either way, for me weekends are the same as every other day. I vote we do two stages per day, 7 days a week. But since it seems like a few peeps like the weekday idea that's cool too
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #19
Ben E Lou

Fair point...I'll make sure no important exports are on weekends. Stuff like TC and staff hiring might be there, though.