Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #1851
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, but at least I didn't get screamed at about bath time by the post-partum depressed wife. First time in three days.

Heh...well, you have your priorities straight at least.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #1852
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Jackal's move and comments were certainly odd.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #1853
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Okay, I'm taking a cue from Alan and keeping my comments to myself until after the deadline.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #1854
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You didn't know it was a tie? Why post anything then at that point? It just looks even worse.

The last thing I saw was your vote before I asked for an updated count, because I'd just arrived, and you said that moved it out of a tie, so that's when I said I didn't want to move anything - and as I posted that, the vote count came up.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #1855
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, while I am giving a hard time to The Jackal, there were 8-10 people on around deadline and most of them didn't move either. Not going to walk out names, because I think that's metagaming a little, but I have to acknowledge it is disingenious to focus on The Jackal when others had the ability to change tonight's results as well.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #1856
The Jackal
Coordinator

Meh, I should've just not posted at all. I try to move at the deadline because I agree with the no lynch and I'm going to draw flack for it. If y'all want to come after me you're not going to get rid of an important role, but it's time-wasting. My votes suck because PB is good, but I had reasons for each one.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #1857
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, while I am giving a hard time to The Jackal, there were 8-10 people on around deadline and most of them didn't move either. Not going to walk out names, because I think that's metagaming a little, but I have to acknowledge it is disingenious to focus on The Jackal when others had the ability to change tonight's results as well.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I put myself into the spotlight by saying something, and I'm ready to take flack and questions for my posts.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #1858
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Jackal's move and comments were certainly odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Okay, I'm taking a cue from Alan and keeping my comments to myself until after the deadline.

I guess we know who the multiple personality in our group is.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #1859
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am out for a while, probably until really late (past night deadline).

Food for thought over the weekend, I guess.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #1860
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I guess we know who the multiple personality in our group is.
Funny, very funny.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #1861
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry PB - but hopefully some good vote analysis will come of it, and you'll get to spend some time making the postpartum depressed wife happy!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #1862
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry PB, your vote to save Ef was jsut to damning for me.

I am wondering if hoops defending him was an attempted way to gain trust?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #1863
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

oh, and I guess you are off my Christmas card list.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #1864
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
oh, and I guess you are off my Christmas card list.
its easier to just not do cards

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:52 PM   #1865
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Heh...well, you have your priorities straight at least.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm dead.

I had them straight this time at least. Anyway, a more sincere apology this time. Had I know how rough RL was going to be the last three days, I never would've entered the game and unfortunately RL frustration affected my play here. Lathum, if you couldn't tell, my apology early was mainly directed at you but again, sorry. I purposely didn't mention more about the home and RL problems though because I didn't want that clouding people's votes (the pity no vote). Anyway, thanks for bearing with me.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #1866
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

back on the list!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:23 PM   #1867
saldana
Pro Starter

i cant really say i can argue with the people that switched off to me...i admitted early and do so again that my voting record to this point was terrible...as far as todays vote went, i put mine on telle because i thought i read something in someone elses post that later proved to be me apparently making a leap of faith that i shouldnt have, since the person i was following moved his vote off of her

i was further encouraged to believe i was drawing the right conclusion when Poli did the same thing I did. when everyone was asking "why telle" i didnt answer because I didnt want to draw attention to the hint i thought i saw and out who i thought at that time was the seer.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #1868
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i cant really say i can argue with the people that switched off to me...i admitted early and do so again that my voting record to this point was terrible...as far as todays vote went, i put mine on telle because i thought i read something in someone elses post that later proved to be me apparently making a leap of faith that i shouldnt have, since the person i was following moved his vote off of her

i was further encouraged to believe i was drawing the right conclusion when Poli did the same thing I did. when everyone was asking "why telle" i didnt answer because I didnt want to draw attention to the hint i thought i saw and out who i thought at that time was the seer.

So this means you won't be planning to vote Telle on Monday? If you hadn't voted Telle today, who would you have voted for?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #1869
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Sorry PB, your vote to save Ef was jsut to damning for me.

I am wondering if hoops defending him was an attempted way to gain trust?

I wonder if Hoops defending him is because he was pretty damn sure that he had been scanned already?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #1870
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Saldana, I'm not too distraught that you are still around because on some level I think you would have a little more finesse playing as a wolf than you have shown up to this point. But of the three people who had a chance to be the vote today, I picked you.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #1871
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I wonder if Hoops defending him is because he was pretty damn sure that he had been scanned already?

I wonder if Hoops realizes we have a cunning and even if PB was scanned he may have been bad which explains his erradic voing.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #1872
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

To clarify my pronouns - I strongly believe that PB was scanned already and that is why I laid off him today.

I think if anyone wants to go back and read my posts that should come through loud and clear.

And, just in case anyone wants to speculate - it is not because I scanned him. My guesses are all predicated on vote/thread analysis.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #1873
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I wonder if Hoops realizes we have a cunning and even if PB was scanned he may have been bad which explains his erradic voing.

Dude, PB is dead and his role is revealed. He clearly is not cunning. That train has already left the station.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #1874
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cunning does not both scan good and reveal good in death - at least not any cunning wolf role that I've ever seen.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #1875
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that wasn't very unexpected. But it does settle a large question that might have been looming over us. We can now look at three days of voting record with some clarity. I already had PB as probably blue in my notes but I don't have to worry about the nagging doubts.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #1876
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The Wannabee Therapist - Your skills and knowledge of the therapeutic process are developed to the level where you are able to fool the empathizer into thinking you are just one of the group.

That is our cunning wolf role (may or may not be in game).

Quote:
8. PurdueBrad - The Shy One, Lynched Day 3

That is our dead villager that I'm guessing the seer will reveal he scanned whenever he is able to publish his list.

Note - these two roles are not the same!
Old 05-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #1877
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, when is the night deadline? Saturday AM, Monday AM, or sometime in between?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #1878
Autumn
Head Coach

As of the Day 2 vote, I think we were 15-5, including the Sympathizer as good ('cause I presume they didn't know who was a wolf). On that day we had 9 votes on EagleFan, and 10 on other targets. Other than the possibility of an early wolf on wolf vote that couldn't be changed, I presume all wolf votes were on other targets since it was so down to the wire.

I also presume that unless a wolf was unavailable, they would have switched a vote from the two non-contenders to PB, now that we know for sure he was good. Saldana, Clap and Barkeep all voted close enough to the end that it seems they could have easily saved EF.

It seems then that chances are that most of the 4 wolves that could vote were on PB. Out of the 7 votes on him, Abe is the only one that I feel sure isn't a wolf vote. Telle and Jackal also voted PB on Day 1. Chief Rum made a pretty obvious late day push to get people off of EF, though he did vote Ef on Day 1. Lathum made his notorious strange early day vote on PB which is hard to read.

I think we'll find most of our four remaining wolves among:

Lathum
Hoopsguy
Telle
Jackal
Lerriuqs
Chief Rum

What I would love to see most tomorrow is a run off between two to three of these candidates.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #1879
Autumn
Head Coach

Day 1 activity for possible wolves

Lathum voted Poli, Abe then EF, putting EF ahead 3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Hoopsguy introduces EF as candidate early in the day then stays there

Telle voted Abe, then after some pressure from me votes PB, pushing PB ahead of EF (though behind NTN) 5-4-3-2-1-1-1

Jackal voted PB early on to give him one vote then stayed there

Lerriuqs voted Pass very early and stayed there

Chief Rum voted EF late to tie him with NTN, behind PB 5-4-4-2-1-1-1-1

Nothing super clearcut here, but we have three who voted EF, one who introduced him, one who put him ahead early and one who kept him near the running late.

That returns me to concentrating on Telle, Jackal and Lerriuqs out of this group.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #1880
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Final Vote Count:

5 - Telle - claphamsa (1532), Autumn (1535), saldana (1616), Poli (1633), MartinD (1777)
7 - PurdueBrad - Latham (1554), PackerFanatic (1661), Abe (1702), DaddyTorgo (1782), Pass (1789), Telle (1797), The Jackal (1824)
1 - PackerFanatic - The Jackal (1637)
5 - saldana - dubb (1684), Lerriuqs (1735), hoopsguy (1753), Saldana (1817), PurdueBrad (1823)

No vote: Barkeep

did saldana really vote saldana?
Old 05-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #1881
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, I think this is a pretty good approach and I accept being on the short list (not that I get to change it or anything).

From what we've seen so far, both Telle and Jackal are willing to take an active role in the thread. I'm hoping that Lerriuqs will take a similar approach going forward.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #1882
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
UNVOTE TELLE

VOTE SALDANA

All right, that was meant to be Chief Rum.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #1883
Autumn
Head Coach

I'd like to look at the context of Chief Rum's day 1 vote more closely to see whether it was as villagish as it looks at first glance. Because he came out day 2 and did his best to save EF. Here on day 3 he could have easily put Telle on the chopping block instead of PB. I think unless that day 1 vote looks impeccable he's a very strong wolf candidate as well.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #1884
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Cunning does not both scan good and reveal good in death - at least not any cunning wolf role that I've ever seen.

I was saying that a seer scan doesn't necessaraly clear someone.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #1885
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

notice I put MAY have been, past tense because he is dead. My point is that you are saying you didn't want to vote PB because you assumed he had been scanned. I'm just not sure I but it.

Your trying to twist my words now.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #1886
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't belong on that list.

No way a wolf votes for EF day 1 when I did.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #1887
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

I think we've all played this game long enough to know there are no absolutes these days.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #1888
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm sorry Chief, I was really confused when I made my last comment. I had already logged off when I realized it - you were of course trying to vote for Telle and didn't want to vote PB. My mistake.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #1889
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

The list was of people who voted for PB on day 2, so obviously you do belong on it.

I specifically did not include you in my "more suspect" list because of your day 1 vote. What are you so upset about?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #1890
Autumn
Head Coach

When will night deadline be? I will be gone almost the rest of the weekend so it would be good to know when I can and must vote next.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #1891
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
When will night deadline be? I will be gone almost the rest of the weekend so it would be good to know when I can and must vote next.

I was under the impression it was tonight at 1 am. I may be wrong though. I know Danny said there will be no weekend play so I assume the next deadline would be Monday at 8.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #1892
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I was under the impression it was tonight at 1 am. I may be wrong though. I know Danny said there will be no weekend play so I assume the next deadline would be Monday at 8.

Nevermind. Looks like night deadline is Sunday at 10 per Danny's writeup post.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #1893
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ah, thanks for catching that. Well, probably going to be a pretty slow weekend then.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:42 PM   #1894
Autumn
Head Coach

Definitely. I'll be gone perhaps until after night deadline. I hope my list from before makes for some good talk. I'll definitely be targeting from among those.

I may be on in the morning before I head out.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #1895
The Jackal
Coordinator

Gonna be a major slow weekend, damn. I'm definitely a proponent of finishing nights up on Fridays and letting there be a day phase until the next deadline on Monday. Not a critique aimed at Danny personally, just saying.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 AM   #1896
The Jackal
Coordinator

so hoops - did you ever answer my question about PF? I'm sorry if I missed it, but now that there's not going to be ultra-activity I'll be able to see it for sure.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #1897
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny, when is the night deadline? Saturday AM, Monday AM, or sometime in between?

It's in the results posts. It's due Sunday at 10pm eastern
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #1898
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
so hoops - did you ever answer my question about PF? I'm sorry if I missed it, but now that there's not going to be ultra-activity I'll be able to see it for sure.

My trust on him is based on the quality of his Day 2 vote. I think it was a significant vote, especially now in the light that PB was good (no wolf/wolf).

The fact that you voted for PF yesterday is one of the reasons that I initially voted you; I thought it was the worst vote I saw yesterday from people that I already had as suspects.

Can you explain to me why you distrust PF more than just about anyone in the game (based on your Day 3 vote) at this point, given his Day 2 vote - the fact it was on a wolf, the timing of it, and the final point that it stands out even more for someone with so few posts overall?
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #1899
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So this means you won't be planning to vote Telle on Monday? If you hadn't voted Telle today, who would you have voted for?

no pass, i do not plan on voting telle on monday.

it is a little unfair to ask me who i would have voted for today, since i would really have had no choice but to vote PB in self preservation, and since we already know he was a villager, you are basically forcing me to say "i would have voted for a good guy"
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #1900
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
no pass, i do not plan on voting telle on monday.

it is a little unfair to ask me who i would have voted for today, since i would really have had no choice but to vote PB in self preservation, and since we already know he was a villager, you are basically forcing me to say "i would have voted for a good guy"

I definitely wasn't trying to do that -- just trying to get an angle on who you suspected if not for the seer angle. I'd probably ask a similar question if you had voted PB -- who would you have voted for if you didn't have to vote in self-preservation?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote