Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Memphis Wrestling, 1983: Long Live The King!!

Death of the Territories
I’m trying my hand one last time with the DOTT mod. I had trouble converting DOTT from TEW 2016 to TEW 2020 so this will likely be my last new save on TEW 2016 before getting into the recently released TEW 2020 and getting acquainted with all of the new features.

I am the head booker for the Championship Wrestling Association, commonly referred to as the “Memphis area”, and home to the King, Jerry Lawler, who helped thrust Memphis Wrestling into the national spotlight in July 1982 with his appearance alongside Andy Kaufman on Late Night with David Letterman. CWA is loaded with young talent and charismatic managers but also has an experienced roster that is heel heavy, waiting to play spoils to Lawler’s success, though not many are known outside the Southeast region.

The Game World
Rankings of companies in America. Global ranking in parentheses.
1. WCCW (2nd)
2. MACW (3rd)
3. GCW (4th)
4. CWF (8th)
5. WWF (9th)
6. MSW (11th)
7. AWA(13th)
8. SWCW (15th)
9. CWA (16th)
10. PNW (18th)
11. CSW (20th)
12. WWC (23rd)
13. WWA (25th)
14. SECW (26th)

--CMLL is currently the #1 company in the world.

--It certainly is a steep hill to climb to even be in the US top three and I’ve never stayed with a game long enough to jump two levels, in this case, from regional to national. Our starting prestige is 30.0 and momentum is 82.5. CWA has its highest popularity in the Southeast at 70. All of the other regions are no higher than 30. I will try to remember to update the popularity at the end of each month.

--CWA has a TV show on Saturdays and an event on Mondays. There will be a big event on the last Thursday of each month. These big events were not common in Memphis at the time. I went ahead and upped the production values to high quality, broadcast quality to industry standard and music to licensed to avoid any potential penalties.

--CWA is not involved in any alliance but has working agreements with the AWA, Central States, and Southeastern. A non-aggression pact has been agreed upon with WWC. The alliance deal struck me as odd. CWA’s primary titles are AWA and NWA named. If the ball can get rolling, the title belt names will be strictly CWA, maybe through a title unification.

--Lastly, I might add a TV title down the road to give the midcard and lower guys some exposure, though CWA wasn’t big on TV titles. The CWA was actually NWA-affiliated through 1986 but I’m not messing with that. It will be tough enough trying to get to cult popularity.

tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Title Roll Call
AWA Southern Heavyweight – 92 prestige
Austin Idol, 2 time champion, Nov 1982 to present

AWA Southern Tag Team – 60 prestige
The Sheepherders, Dec 1982 to present

NWA Mid-America Heavyweight – 60 prestige
Sabu the Wildman, Nov 1982 to present

Here is a list of the CWA roster in January 1983. All are on pay-per-appearance contracts. I list the age and contract simply as a point of reference when going into contract negotiations with new workers.

Main Eventers
Jerry Lawler, 33 y/o, $1850/app, face
Austin Idol, 33, $1300, heel
Dutch Mantell, 33, $1300, heel
Jacques Rougeau, 22, $1200, heel
Porkchop Cash, 33, $1200, heel
Moondog Spot, 30, $1000, heel

Upper Midcarders
Norvell Austin, 34 y/o, $800, heel
Ray Candy, 31, $900, heel
Ricky Morton, 26, $1300, face
Jonathan Boyd, 39, $900, heel
Luke Williams, 35, $800, heel
Moondog Rex, 32, $1300, heel

Midcarders
Steve Keirn, 31 y/o, $1000/app, face
Phil Hickerson, 37, $700, heel
Leroy Brown, 32, $700, heel
Troy Graham, 33, $700, heel
Roger Smith, 36, $800, heel
Bobby Eaton, 24, $900, face
Bobby Fulton, 22, $600, face
Don Bass, 37, $800, heel
Sabu the Wildman, 37, $1000, heel
Stan Lane, 24, $1000, face
Randy Savage, 30, $2100, heel
Robert Gibson, 24, $1100, face

Lower Midcarders
Lord Humongous, 27 y/o, $600/app, heel
Adrian Street, 42, $1100, heel
King Cobra, 36, $600, heel
Barry Horowitz, 22, $600, heel
Lanny Poffo, 28, $800, heel

Openers
Rick Gibson, 27 y/o, $500/app, face
Koko Ware, 25, $800, face
Terry Taylor, 27, $900, face
Carl Fergie, 29, $600, heel

Enhancement Talent
Wayne Farris, 29 y/o, $900, heel
Norman Frederick Charles, 36, $1000, heel

Managers
Angelo Poffo, 57 y/o, $900/app, heel
Jimmy Hart, 38, $1400, heel
Jim Cornette, 21, $1900, heel
Jackie Fargo, 54, $1400, face
Miss Linda, 35, $700, heel
JJ Dillon, 40, $600, heel

Announcer/Color
Lance Russell, 56 y/o, $1700/app
Dave Brown, 42, $900

Referees
Jerry Calhoun, 32 y/o, $1400/app
Paul Morton, 54, $500

Personalities
Eddie Marlin, 53 y/o, $900/app
Tojo Yamamoto, 55, $900
Andy Kaufman, 33, $1000

Road Agent
Jerry Jarrett, 40 y/o, $1500/app

--Andy is an interesting case. He has a broken neck, presumably from a Lawler piledriver, and is out for the next 13 months. It would make sense to just fire him. His contract stipulates he is not to be involved in any in-ring work. However, his color announcing rating is 80 and he is a positive influence in the locker room. He will likely work alongside or in place of Dave Brown during events.

--Jackie Fargo is another question mark. He is currently set managing and is a mentor to Steve Keirn, one half of the Fabulous Ones. He also has loyalty to Jarrett and Lawler and is a locker room leader. I will likely keep him around to counter some of the negativity, such as Idol and Savage, either as a personality or road agent alongside Jarrett.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:13 PM   #3
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Tag Teams
Rock ‘n’ Roll Express – Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson

The Sheepherders – Jonathan Boyd and Luke Williams

The Fabulous Ones – Steve Keirn and Stan Lane

The Moondogs – Spot and Rex

Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware

The Interns – Don Bass and Roger Smith

Ray Candy and Leroy Brown

This is a deep tag team division. I will use Eaton and Ware in both tag action and singles frequently. If I decide to use Ricky Morton in singles more than the RnR Express, the Gibson Brothers, Rick and Robert, can put on C matches and above with their experience.

According to our Creative Team,
Franchise Players are Jerry Lawler, Dutch Mantell, Austin Idol, Jacques Rougeau, and Moondog Rex

The Hottest Prospects are Stan Lane, Bobby Eaton, Koko Ware, Robert Gibson, and Terry Taylor

The Showstoppers are Randy Savage, Ricky Morton, Stan Lane, Jerry Lawler, and Robert Gibson.

--My goal in the first few weeks is to build up the bank. CWA starts out with $100,000. Due to improving production values, we will start our first show with $85,000. The Monday night shows in the Southeast region will probably be sellouts, so that will help. The Great Lakes or Mid-South region will be our target areas in order to get to cult status and written contracts. Building up our bank accounts will be key as owner Jerry Jarrett may cap or block potential offers. Jarrett’s goals will be given to me on Tuesday, after our first event the night before.

--I check the list of unemployed workers who have some recognition in the Southeast and Mid-South regions and extend offers to the following workers: Lou Winston, Wendell Cooley, and Rip Rogers. An offer is made to another Memphis mainstay, Bill Dundee. That will strengthen the main event face scene if Jerry Jarrett approves the offer.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:16 AM   #4
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 1, January 1983
Memphis, TN: Mid-South Coliseum
Attendance: 10,000 (Sell Out)

--Lance Russell interviews Jimmy Hart to open the show. Hart hypes the Moondogs, and gives a stern warning to the Fabulous Ones and his desire to bring the tag team titles back to the First Family. (C, 65)

--Adrian Street, accompanied by Miss Linda, hypes his upcoming match with Rick Gibson. (D-, 51)

--Adrian Street w/Miss Linda def. Rick Gibson in 7:28 by pinfall. (C+, 69) After his victory, Street prances around the ring and taunts Gibson. (C, 65)

--Jim Cornette is interviewed by Lance Russell and announces that he is scouting talent and is prepared to make offers to several wrestlers for his managerial services. Russell rolls his eyes as Cornette explains how his Momma in Louisville, Kentucky, would be disappointed if he fails to get the best that Memphis has to offer. (C, 64)

--Jacques Rougeau gives a promo, hyping his match later in the evening against Jerry Lawler. (D-, 51)

--Randy Savage def. Terry Taylor in 5:41 by pinfall following a flying elbow drop. (C+, 68) Savage looked good.

--Ricky Morton is interviewed by Dave Brown and explains that he would usually be teaming with his tag team partner, Robert Gibson, but could not turn down the opportunity to wrestle Austin Idol for the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title in the main event. He thanks promoter Eddie Marlin for the opportunity. (D+, 58)

--The Fabulous Ones, Steve Keirn and Stan Lane, come out for a promo challenging the Moondogs or anyone in the First Family to a match anywhere, anytime. Keirn and Lane also warn the Sheepherders that they have not forgotten about them and want the Southern Tag Titles back around their waist. (C+, 68)

--The Fabulous Ones def. Ray Candy and Norvell Austin by pinfall in 10:03 when Keirn pinned Austin. (C+, 67)

--Jerry Lawler cuts a promo running down Jimmy Hart and the First Family. Lawler ends his interview by challenging Austin Idol for his heavyweight title and says he will do whatever it takes to win back his title. (B-, 72)

--Jerry Lawler def. Jacques Rougeau in 17:38 by pinfall following a piledriver. (C+, 69)

--Lance Russell interviews current AWA Southern champion, Austin Idol, who says that Lawler does not deserve another chance at the belt. Nonetheless, Idol accepts the challenge and tells Lawler his opportunities to challenge for the title are running out. (B, 80)

AWA Southern Heavyweight Title Match
--Austin Idol w/ Jimmy Hart def. Ricky Morton in 17:26 by submission with the Las Vegas Leglock. (B-, 72) Morton looked good. Idol makes his first defense of the Southern title.

Show rating: B-, 72

Post-show Notes
--Barry Horowitz and Carl Fergie were both wasted on drugs and in no condition to work. Both were fined. Fergie improved his behavior as a result.

--Norvell Austin thinks that Terry Taylor doesn’t connect with fans and has little upside. As long as he doesn’t have a rooster gimmick, he’ll be okay.

--Jacques Rougeau is exhausted because of his grueling schedule.

--Adrian Street thinks he would be better off without Miss Linda as his manager and valet. I moved Miss Linda, his wife, to a personality.

--Paul Morton, father to Ricky Morton, was also reassigned as a Personality. Some of the road agent notes said that his refereeing was not very good. That could have affected some of the match grades. Obviously, if I fired him that would create tension with his son. Ricky has enormous upside and he will pushed hard as part of the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express or as a singles competitor as the plucky underdog. Morton has been money in every 80’s mod I’ve played on TEW.

Weekly News

CWA owner, Jerry Jarrett, has given me five goals. The first two are the most critical.

1. CWA gains popularity in America within the next two years.

2. CWA cannot fall below regional level within the next two years.

3. I cannot hire or extend the contract of anyone with an industry reputation of 35 or less.

4. I cannot hire or extend the contract of anyone with less than 35 athletic ability.

5. I cannot hire or extend the contract of anyone with less than 35 stamina.

--I fire Tommy Gilbert, JJ Dillon, and Frank Morrell. I reassign Angelo Poffo from personality to manager of both Lanny Poffo and Randy Savage.

--I am also considering offering Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert contracts, as both have name recognition in the Memphis area. Rich would have conflicts on Thursdays and Saturdays and is working for both Southeast Wrestling and Georgia. Gilbert would be available on Mondays but not on Thursdays or Saturdays. He is currently working for the WWF and Maple Leaf. I will hold off on offering them right now.

--Mid-Atlantic has made an offer to Steve Keirn.

--Cooley ($840/app), Winston ($500/app), Rogers ($900/app), and Dundee ($1280/app) all accept my offers. I am the only company that Cooley, Winston, and Rogers work for. Dundee works for Mid-South and is available on the nights we have shows. The creative team thinks that Wildcat Cooley is a main eventer. I will throw him into a feud with Adrian Street and recreate some of the great moments they had in CCW.

Last edited by tucking fypo : 06-14-2020 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:06 AM   #5
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Championship Wrestling
Saturday, Week 1, Jan 1983
Jackson, TN: Oman Arena
5,000 (Sell Out)

Pre-show match
--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. Wayne Farris and Troy Graham in 4:55. Eaton pinned Farris after delivering an Alabama Jam. (B-, 71)

--Lance Russell starts the show by interviewing Jimmy Hart. Hart hypes the First Family and their future dominance in the CWA. Hart calls out Lawler and the Fabulous Ones, saying they better watch their backs. (C+, 69) Russell then interviews Austin Idol. Idol blisters Lawler, claiming he is a phony that will be exposed for everyone to see. Idol says that Lawler may not even make it to the River Rumble later in the month to even challenge for the title. (B, 82)

--Wildcat Wendell Cooley def. King Cobra in 6:27 via a Wildcat Slam. (C, 60) After the match, Cooley meets Adrian Street as he is on his way to the dressing room as Street comes out for an interview. They have words and almost come to blows. Street then pokes fun at the “Cowboy” in the last match and says no self-respecting Brit would ever dress like that (C, 61)

--Dave Brown interviews Jim Cornette and asks him how his “talent search” is going. Cornette says he is close to offering his managerial services to two wrestlers. Brown asks which two and Cornette tells him to shut up and mind his own business. (C-, 57)

--Bill Dundee def. Phil Hickerson in 7:18 via a small package. (B-, 72) Dundee and Hickerson showed great chemistry. Dundee is interviewed by Lance Russell after the match. Dundee says its great to be back in Tennessee and thanks the fans for their support. (C+, 64)

--Randy Savage def. Rick Gibson in 6:36 with a flying elbow drop. (B-, 71) Savage looked good. After the match, Savage takes the mic from Lance Russell and says he is being overlooked. Savage puts the entire roster on notice. (B, 82)

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Match
--The Sheepherders def. The Fantastics in 6:54 when Jonathan Boyd pinned Bobby Fulton. (C, 63) The Sheepherders make their first title defense. Boyd and Williams showed excellent chemistry teaming together. Boyd was off his game. After the match, the Sheepherders challenge the Fabulous Ones to come out and see what real men look like. The Fabulous Ones run out and a brawl between the two teams ensue. Several workers emerge from the back to break the teams up. (C-, 54)

--Austin Idol comes out to the announce desk and reminds fans about how Lawler will be beaten easily in their upcoming match. Idol says he will remain with Russell and Brown for Lawler’s upcoming match. (B, 80)

--Jerry Lawler def. Rip Rogers in 15:54 with a piledriver. (B-, 71) After the match, Lawler is attacked by members of Hart’s First Family, the Moondogs and Idol, much to the disgust of Russell and Brown. Lawler is left a bloody mess after the attack when the Moondogs attacked Lawler with Moondog Spot’s bone. Idol then adds insult to injury by applying the Las Vegas Leglock. (C+, 68)

Show rating: B-, 75
Old 06-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Post Show Notes
--Our first TV show draws 163,000 viewers and a 0.21 rating. I have deals with seven stations over the United States. Many are very small and on in graveyard so the popularity jump will be very minimal. I have three month deals with all except WMC-TV out of Memphis.

--I received a road agent note saying that Moondog Spot is not suitable for his gimmick. His gimmick is literally “Moondog” and is rated very good. This may be one time I go to the editor and fix this. The “Monster” gimmick would be satisfactory but…..he’s a Moondog. Oddly, he could be a “Rapper” or an “Ass Man” and not draw any penalty from it. I’ll stick with Moondog.

--Rip Rogers is exhausted. He apparently has a grueling schedule though I’m his only employer. The promotion product could be a reason as match intensity is high.

--I have to get Lawler an interview segment on every show. I missed it on this TV show. He is rated 100 on the mic.

News
--Jesse Ventura has been fired from New Japan. I ask for negotiations with The Body. He wants $2500/appearance. Jerry Jarrett caps me out at $2200. No go.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #7
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 2, Jan 1983
Mid-South Coliseum: Memphis, TN

Pre-show match
--Lanny Poffo def. Rick Gibson in 5:02 with a diving senton. (C, 59) Poffo and Gibson showed great chemistry together in the ring.

--Jerry Lawler comes out and discusses the events of this past Saturday. He promises Idol it will take more than a little blood to get rid of The King. Lawler then threatens Jimmy Hart and promises a black day for the Family soon. (B+, 83)

NWA Mid-America Title Match
--Sabu the Wildman def. Bobby Fulton in 7:11 with a piledriver. (C-, 55) Sabu makes the first defense of his title. Sabu and Fulton don’t click in the ring and it showed in their performance.

--The Fabulous Ones come out and admit that the odds are against them in their battles against the Sheepherders and the Moondogs but remain focused on regaining the tag team titles. (C, 64)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. Roger Smith and Don Bass in 6:51 when Eaton pinned Smith after an Alabama Jam. (B-, 71) Smith and Bass showed excellent chemistry when teaming together. After the match, Eaton and Ware are interviewed by Lance Russell. Ware says he and Eaton respect the Fabulous Ones but tells them to not count them out of the tag title picture. (D+, 52)

--Superstar Bill Dundee comes out and again tells the audience how good it is to be back in Tennessee and hypes his upcoming match with Austin Idol. Dundee promises Idol a fight. Dutch Mantell comes out and tells Dundee that no one cares that he is back in Tennessee and that if he really wanted a fight, Dirty Dutch is the dirtiest, meanest of them all. The two have words back and forth before Lance Russell steps between them. (C, 65)

--Jerry Lawler def. Norvell Austin in 13:13 via a piledriver. (B-, 76) Lawler and Austin showed excellent chemistry.

--Randy Savage comes out and says that promoter Eddie Marlin should show him the respect he deserves and give him a title match. He claims he has proven himself over and over and will do so again in his next match. (B, 77)

--Randy Savage def. Robert Gibson in 11:10 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B, 77) After the match, Savage points to the announcer’s desk and yells at Russell to tell Marlin he wants a title shot. (B, 80)

--Austin Idol w/Jimmy Hart def. Bill Dundee in 15:43 by DQ after Lawler attacked Idol following outside interference by Jimmy Hart on Dundee. (B, 79) After the match, Lawler grabs a house mic and challenges Idol to come back out and take his beating now rather than later. (B, 79)

Show Rating: B, 78
Old 06-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #8
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Weekly News

--WWF has fired Captain Lou Albano but he is quickly picked up by Southwest and All Star.

--Moondog Spot has been tipped as a future star with CWA.

--It is tempting to ask Buzz Sawyer into contract negotiations. He fits the brawling, blood and guts style of the CWA. He is ultra-popular in the Southeast (88) but has the known downside of being an extremely negative influence. This would add to an already mostly heel roster.

--Jimmy Hart signs a PPA deal with ASW.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:47 PM   #9
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 2, Jan 1983
Owensboro Sports Center: Owensboro, KY
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell Out)

Pre-Show Match
--Koko Ware def. Barry Horowitz in 4:47 with a Bird Buster. (C, 65)

Pre-Show Promo
--Bobby Eaton and Koko cut a promo, hyping their quest for tag team gold. (C-, 56)

--Lance Russell interviews Jerry Lawler to open the show. Lawler challenges the First Family to a tag team match later in the show and doesn’t care if Austin Idol is in it or not. He picks his partner while Jimmy Hart can pick his two best. (B+, 86)

--Wendell Cooley def. Norman Frederick Charles III in 6:26 with a Wildcat Slam. (C+, 69) Cooley and Charles showed great chemistry and it made for a great bout.

--Adrian Street comes out and taunts “Cowboy” Cooley as Russell is about to announce Cooley as the winner. Cooley glares at Street from the ring throughout the interview before going to the dressing room. (C-, 54)

--Jacques Rougeau def. Rick Gibson in 6:01 with a flying elbow. (C-, 58)

--Jimmy Hart and the First Family (Idol, the Moondogs, Wayne Farris, and Troy Graham) come out and gladly accepts Lawler’s challenge. He tells Lawler that the Moondogs will gladly take up the challenge. (C, 62) Austin Idol then hypes his upcoming match with Lawler at the River Rumble. (B+, 83) Idol looked excellent out there.

--A backstage camera at the Owensboro Sports Center has caught a wild brawl between the Fabulous Ones and the Sheepherders. The brawl spills over to the ring where several wrestlers attempted to break up the two teams. (C-, 54)

--Dutch Mantell def. Tommy Rogers in 6:58 with a piledriver. (B-, 71) After the match, Mantell taunts Bill Dundee and welcomes him to Kentucky, where the men are men and the horses are scared. (C+, 68)

--Randy Savage comes out for an interview with Lance Russell. Savage calls out promoter Eddie Marlin. Marlin tells Savage he has heard enough of his complaining but will get his shot to move up the card to challenge for a title. He warns Savage to be careful what he wishes for. Savage scowls at Marlin before walking away. (C, 62)

--Lanny Poffo w/Angelo Poffo def. Terry Taylor in 4:36 with a diving senton. (C-, 54) Taylor and Poffo do not click and it showed in their performance.

--Ricky Morton def. Lou Winston in 6:04 with a missile dropkick. (C, 63) Morton looked good out there.

--Jerry Lawler comes back out and introduces his tag team partner, Bill Dundee, ahead of their match versus the Moondogs. (B, 77)

--Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee def. The Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart in 12:16 by a countout. (C+, 67) With the Moondogs in trouble and Lawler and Dundee getting the best of them, Hart ordered the Moondogs out of the ring and to the dressing room.

Show Rating: B-, 74

Show Notes
--A lackluster main event but somehow manage a B- rating. This show increased our popularity in two regions.

--Before the show, some of the workers were turned off by Bobby Fulton’s selfish behavior. I gave him a stern warning but nothing came out of it.

--Apparently, Angelo Poffo has also been showing signs of selfish behavior. I give him what amounts to a slap on the wrist because I like his sons. Nothing noteworthy came out of it.

--Jerry Lawler was brought before the Wrestler’s Court. Some of the boys didn’t like the fact that Lawler didn’t join them for drinks. Judge Jackie Fargo ordered Lawler to buy drinks for everyone at the next show.

--Dutch Mantell doesn’t think that Lou Winston “gets it” and thinks he should be cut loose. Tempting.

--Koko Ware didn’t like the fact that Barry Horowitz was clearly wasted on drugs during their match. Horowitz was fired and, predictably, has simmering tension with me.

--Bill Dundee suffered a “swivel hips” injury in the match with the Moondogs after Spot botched a move. Dundee will work his way through the injury. I will give him Monday night off.

TV rating: 0.20 (154,520 viewers)
Old 06-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #10
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 3, Jan 1983
Horner Hall: Hot Springs, AR
Attendance: 1,700 (1,800 capacity)

--Dutch Mantell comes out with a bullwhip and cuts a promo, demonstrating to Lance Russell how to properly use a bullwhip. He wants Bill Dundee to pay attention. (C, 61)

--Dutch Mantell def. Wendell Cooley in 12:50 with a piledriver after Cooley was distracted by Adrian Street. (B-, 71). After Cooley recovers, he is interviewed by Lance Russell. He swears vengeance on Street. (D, 44)

--Bobby Eaton def. Rip Rogers in 14:14 after an Alabama Jam. (C, 61) Eaton looked good.

--The Fabulous Ones come out and challenge the Sheepherders to a Southern tag title match at River Rumble. They want their answer on the Saturday TV show. (D+, 50)

--The Fabulous Ones def. Roger Smith and Don Bass in 10:06 when Stan Lane pinned Bass after a Savate Kick. (C, 63) Smith and Bass have excellent chemistry and it showed in their performance.

--Lance Russell interviews Jim Cornette. Cornette tells Russell he will make an official public offer to two wrestlers on this Saturday’s Championship Wrestling. (C, 63)

--Jerry Lawler cuts a backstage promo hyping his upcoming Southern Title match versus Austin Idol at River Rumble. (C+, 66)

--Jerry Lawler def. Troy Graham w/Jimmy Hart in 13:45 by pinfall. (C-, 54) Lawler and Graham didn’t click and it made for an awkward bout. So awkward, that Lawler suffered a shoulder injury. Hart did a good job at ringside.

Show Rating: C, 60

Post Show Notes
--What a stinker of a show. This was our first trip outside the Southeast region. Lawler’s injury leading up to River Rumble in 10 days is very problematic. I need him in the ring but will need to give a few days off heading into the title match. Luckily, he is still available for angles.

--Carl Fergie showed up wasted on drugs and was in no condition to work. He was fired on the spot. He did improve his behavior as a result but has simmering tension with me now. The big unintended consequence is that Lawler is furious with my decision. Fergie and Lawler are cousins.

Weekly News

--I terminate the contract of Jacques Rougeau. He just doesn’t fit here. I’m not sure he would be anything but job fodder with a negative attitude if I kept him.

--Bobby Eaton has been tapped as a future star and “one to watch”.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

fwiw, I found enough here that felt completely spot on that I actually read a couple cards worth of stuff to my son (who has almost certainly played more TEW than I have at this point).

It's like me booking Georgia Championship, sometimes you just know what feels right for a territory
Old 06-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #12
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

That's why I can't start out in this mod playing a promotion like Pacific Northwest, Southwest, or even the WWF. I grew up watching Memphis Wrestling every Saturday morning at 11:00 and couldn't wait for Big Jack Eaton to deliver the results of the big Monday Coliseum show on Tuesday's evening sports segment on WMC. I also remember watching wrestling out of the TBS Studios and the late Saturday night World Class shows on KTVT in the mid-80's.

I'm sure you're the same way with Georgia, Jon. It's like you can still see and feel the action.

Last edited by tucking fypo : 06-18-2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:07 PM   #13
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Before the show,
--I make Jerry Lawler the new figurehead of the promotion. He is loyal to CWA and would likely consider us a priority if he did sign with another company. Considering I just fired his cousin, Carl Fergie, I’m not so sure now.

--The roster desperately needs more faces. With the focus on getting more popular in the Mid-South region, along with the Southeast, I extend offers to Steve Williams, Junkyard Dog, Jerry Stubbs, and Handsome Jimmy Valiant.

Saturday, Week 3, Jan 1983
Knoxville Civic Coliseum: Knoxville, TN
Attendance: 5,000 (sell out)

--Randy Savage comes out and reminds everyone of Eddie Marlin’s promise from last week. Savage also thinks that the match with Koko Ware should be the main event. (B, 80)

--Wildcat Wendell Cooley def. Rip Rogers in 7:45 by pinfall with a Wildcat Slam. (C, 60)

--Jim Cornette comes out with a big smile on his face and tells Lance Russell his two offers are ready and would like to call Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee out. Cornette makes his case and gets whiny when Lawler and Dundee openly mock his voice and clothing style. Cornette storms off the set almost in tears. (C+, 69)

--Sabu def. Terry Taylor in 5:37 by pinfall following a piledriver. (C+, 67) Sabu makes his second title defense.

--Backstage, promoter Eddie Marlin is seen running to an altercation in the parking lot. The Fabulous Ones and the Sheepherders are brawling. The Sheepherders retreat when they are pummeled with 2 X 4’s. Marlin is clearly frustrated. (C-, 54)

--Norvell Austin and Porkchop Cash def. The Fantastics in 5:37 when Austin pinned Bobby Fulton. (C-, 57)

--Dutch Mantell is cutting a promo when he is interrupted by Superstar Bill Dundee. Dundee challenges Mantell to a match at River Rumble. Dundee tells Mantell that dirty and mean doesn’t mean anything when you challenge the Superstar. (C, 65)

--Bobby Eaton def. Lanny Poffo w/Angelo Poffo in 5:43 by pinfall after an Alabama Jam. (B-, 71)

--Ricky Morton comes out and hypes his upcoming match with Adrian Street. (C, 60)

--Ricky Morton def. Adrian Street with a missile dropkick after Street was distracted by Wendell Cooley. (B-, 73) Street is enraged and pleads his case to Jerry Calhoun to no avail. (C, 61)

--Jimmy Hart comes out with Austin Idol and explains how Lawler suffered a shoulder injury on Monday night at the hands of Troy Graham. Hart tells Lawler he would understand if Lawler would not want to fight Idol at River Rumble because it would be an unfair fight. Lawler doubles down and tells Hart he can’t wait to get in the ring in the Mid-South Coliseum next Thursday night. (B-, 74) Idol tells Lawler he won’t be responsible for any hospital bills after Idol hurts his shoulder and breaks his legs with the Las Vegas Leglock. (B+, 83)

–Randy Savage w/Angelo Poffo def. Koko Ware in 12:49 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B, 79) The match had superb wrestling and good heat.

Show Notes
--Savage and Koko come up big in the main event with Lawler, Idol, and Dundee not wrestling tonight. It is also the highest rated match I’ve had since beginning this dynasty.

--Before the show, Moondog Rex poked fun at Lanny Poffo for his lack of push. Lanny was annoyed that I took no action. Troy Graham was brought before the Wrestlers Court for not joining the guys out after the show was over. Jackie Fargo ordered Graham to buy drinks for everyone after the next show. Don’t mess with Fargo on the drinks, apparently.

TV Rating: 0.22 (165,420 viewers)

Other News
--Rick Martel is the new AWA World Heavyweight Champion following his win over Nick Bockwinkel in Rochester, Minnesota last night.

--Tommy Rich is the new figurehead for Georgia.

Last edited by tucking fypo : 06-19-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #14
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 4, Jan 1983
Pine Bluff Center Hall: Pine Bluff, AR
Attendance: 1,753 (2,000 capacity)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his upcoming title shot against Austin Idol at River Rumble. Lawler tells Idol that his tag partner for tonight, Troy Graham, did injure his shoulder last week and that Graham will pay. He says he more focused on regaining the Southern title. (C, 64)

--Terry Taylor def. King Cobra in 7:21 by pinfall following a Five Arm. (C-, 53)

--Randy Savage comes out and explains to the fans what greatness looks like. He tells Koko Ware that he’s good but his best will never be good enough to beat him. Savage mentions in passing that his tag partner, Bobby Eaton, will never be good enough and challenges him to a match at River Rumble (C-, 57)

--Koko Ware def. Phil Hickerson in 8:57 by pinfall following a Bird Buster. (C, 56)

--As Superstar Bill Dundee talks about his upcoming match with Dutch Mantell, Mantell walks out with bullwhip in hand. The two exchange words and almost come to blows before Lance Russell steps between them. (C+, 66)

--Jimmy Hart hypes his First Family as Austin Idol and Troy Graham walk into the ring for the next match. (C+, 69)

--Austin Idol and Troy Graham w/Jimmy Hart def. The Fantastics in 10:19 after Idol made Rogers submit to the Las Vegas Leglock. (C, 64) Hart did good work at ringside. Idol and Graham showed excellent chemistry when teaming together. After the match, Idol tells Lawler there will no excuses for him when “the women’s pet and the men’s regret” leaves Memphis, TN, with the Southern title.

--Dutch Mantell def. Bobby Eaton in 19:34 by pinfall following a piledriver. Randy Savage distracted Eaton and Mantell low-blowed Eaton as referee Jerry Calhoun was occupied with Savage. (B, 82) Mantell and Eaton had great chemistry and it showed in their performance.

Show Rating: B-, 74

Show Notes
--Dutch and Eaton put on a great match as Savage looks to be a thorn in Eaton and Ware’s side. The brothers Poffo will continue this trend.

--Lawler and Dundee continue to recover from their injuries heading into the River Rumble.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #15
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

The card for River Rumble:

--”The Universal Hearthrob” Austin Idol (c) vs. Jerry Lawler for the AWA Southern Heavyweight title

--The Sheepherders (c) vs The Fabulous Ones for the AWA Southern Tag Team titles

--Bobby Eaton vs Randy Savage

--”Wildcat” Wendell Cooley vs “Exotic” Adrian Street

--”Superstar” Bill Dundee vs “Dirty” Dutch Mantell

Weekly News
--Two big contract signings this week. I sign “Dr. Death” Steve Williams to a six-month contract at $2,200 per appearance and also sign the Junkyard Dog to a six-month contract at $2,300 per appearance. These two will help the face/heel balance, particularly at the main event and upper midcard level.

--Both Williams and JYD have decent overness in the Southeast region so that will help when I need to do a Monday night Southeast show. JYD is at 100 popularity in the Mid-South.

--Jerry Stubbs, at $1,050 per appearance, and “Handsome” Jimmy Valiant, at $1,250 per appearance, were added to the roster. Both are good workers. Valiant has Memphis connections and is decently over in the Southeast.

--I fire Porkchop Cash. He’s not a bad worker but his commitments to Mid-Atlantic and Central States keep him from being very effective here. He is constantly complaining of being tired.

--Ray Candy has been hyped up as “one to watch”.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #16
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucking fypo View Post
I fire Porkchop Cash. He’s not a bad worker but his commitments to Mid-Atlantic and Central States keep him from being very effective here. He is constantly complaining of being tired.

When your name is Porkchop, well, stamina is likely going to be a consistent concern
Old 06-21-2020, 08:16 AM   #17
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA River Rumble
Thursday, Week 4, Jan 1983
Attendance: 9,998 (10,000 capacity)

--Lance Russell interviews Randy Savage about his current winning streak in CWA. Savage tells Russell that when you’re the best its hard to stay humble. Russell reminds Savage that Bobby Eaton is no pushover as Savage talks over him. (B, 81)

--A video clip is shown of recent events between Wendell Cooley and Adrian Street, including the losses involving distractions by each wrestler on the other. (D+, 50)

--Adrian Street def. Wendell Cooley in 7:11 following a fast roll-up and grabbing the tights by Street. (B-, 74) The match featured superb wrestling and the two had great chemistry and it showed in their performance.

--A video is shown highlighting the recent history between Bill Dundee and Dutch Mantell. (C-, 58)

--Dutch Mantell def. Bill Dundee in 8:37 by pinfall following a piledriver. (B-, 74) Dundee was slowed by his hip injury.

--Jimmy Hart is interviewed by Lance Russell. Hart hypes the First Family and Austin Idol’s imminent win over the injured Jerry Lawler. (C, 64)

--The Fabulous Ones def. The Sheepherders in a wild brawl in 16:09 by pinfall when Keirn pinned Boyd. Jerry Calhoun had constant trouble with run-ins but refused to DQ any of the participants. (B-, 71) The Fabulous Ones win the AWA Southern Tag Team titles for the 3rd time.

--Bobby Eaton hypes his upcoming match with Randy Savage. (C, 59)

--Randy Savage w/Angelo Poffo def. Bobby Eaton in 13:11 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B, 79) The match had superb wrestling and great heat from the fans.

--Jerry Lawler cuts a promo hyping his upcoming match with Austin Idol. (B, 77)

--Austin Idol w/Jimmy Hart def. Jerry Lawler in 11:22 by pinfall. Idol had Lawler in the Las Vegas Leglock when Jimmy Hart distracted referee Jerry Calhoun long enough for Idol to pull a foreign object from his tights and hit Lawler in the jaw, knocking him out. Calhoun counted the pinfall while Idol had the Leglock hooked. (B-, 74) Idol celebrates with Hart as Lawler lay in the middle of the ring. (B, 79) The match had fantastic heat and great wrestling. Idol makes his third defense of the AWA Southern Heavyweight title.

Show Rating: B, 77

Show Notes
--Dundee and Lawler’s injuries came into play but still had decent matches. I will need to take it easy on them until they are 100%.

--Not any terrible matches on the card but some of the promos are still lacking.

--Dutch Mantell continues his solid run this past month. I had been hesitant in using him since he had really done nothing for me in other mods of this time. He will be a mainstay on the main event scene.

--Randy Savage feels that Wendell Cooley doesn’t “get it” when it comes to working the crowd and feels he should be fired.

--Alot to build on from this show as we head toward the end of the month. I will post Saturday's TV and then update the DOTT '83 universe.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #18
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 4, Jan 1983
Von Braun Civic Center: Huntsville, AL

--Lance Russell interviews Austin Idol and Jimmy Hart about their underhanded tactics in their win over Lawler at River Rumble. Idol ignores him and says he feels so good that he is making an open challenge to the first person that walks through the curtain and he knows that Lawler is not in the arena. The Junkyard Dog makes his debut as Idol and Hart are panicking. Russell says it looks like we have a match as Idol and Hart angrily retreat. (B+, 85)

--Steve Williams def. Phil Hickerson in 5:57 by pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede. (B-, 73) The match featured great wrestling and decent heat. After the match, Williams hypes his debut in the CWA, saying his goal is to win the AWA Southern Heavyweight title. (C+, 66)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. Roger Smith and Don Bass in 9:01 when Eaton pinned Bass following an Alabama Jam. (B-, 74) After their win, Eaton and Ware challenge Randy Savage and the partner of his choosing to a tag team match on next week’s show. (C-, 53)

--Ricky Morton hypes his upcoming match with Norman Frederick Charles III and says he has his eyes on CWA gold in the near future. (C-, 60)

--Ricky Morton def. Norman Frederick Charles III in 5:37 by pinfall after a missile dropkick.

--Dutch Mantell comes out and gives a scathing promo directed at Bill Dundee, saying it was too bad his 11-year old runt kid didn’t see him get beat in the middle of the ring at River Rumble. Dundee bolts from the locker room and attacks Mantell, sending him over the announcer’s table. A host of jobbers come out to break it up. (C, 62)

--Jerry Lawler gives a prerecorded interview from his home. He tells Idol and Hart to watch their backs in the upcoming weeks and promises fans he will be back better than ever soon. (B-, 72)

--Randy Savage w/Angelo Poffo def. Jerry Stubbs in 6:40 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B-, 73) After the match, Savage makes his way to the announcer’s table. Savage says he’s already proven his superiority over both Eaton and Ware but will have a partner ready for next week. (B+, 85)

--Austin Idol and the Junkyard Dog fought to a double stoppage at 16:36 as referee Jerry Calhoun lost control of the match. (B, 82) Idol retains the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title. The match had superb wrestling and great heat.

Show Rating: B, 81

Show Notes
--Before the show, Jackie Fargo showed his protege, Steve Keirn, some tips on the microphone.

TV Rating: 0.22 (171,500 viewers)
Old 06-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #19
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

January Review
With the end of the month here, it’s nice to take a break from the summaries and simming and give an update on various happenings with the promotion and the wrestling world, in general.

In the regional battles, CWA was
--first out of 8 in the Great Lakes;

--first out of 10 in the Mid-Atlantic;

--first out of 9 in the Mid-South;

--first out of 11 in the Midwest;

--first out of 10 in the Southwest;

--first out of 6 in Tri-State.

As a result, our momentum has increased from 82.5 to 92.8. Our company prestige made a big jump from 30 to 44.

In terms of financial muscle, we are the #14 company in the world by turning a $209,024 profit in January. As the DOTT mod rolls through, there is the possibility that some of the smaller companies could go under. Building up the bank would allow a buyout of the failing company and maybe pick up some valuable workers along the way, along with higher popularity in their home region than what I have.

With that being said, Central States Wrestling is $202,000 under right now and are not willing to be bought out. There are a number of contracts that look interesting: Harley Race, Manny Fernandez, Rick Martel, Terry Funk, among others.

These are the company rankings in America followed by change in America from January 1. World ranking is in parentheses.

1. Georgia Championship Wrestling, +2 (World #2)

2. World Class Championship Wrestling, -1 (#3)

3. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, -1 (#4)

4. World Wrestling Federation, +1 (#8)

5. Championship Wrestling from Florida, -1 (#9)

6. Mid-South Wrestling, NC (#11)

7. Southwest Championship Wrestling, +1 (#13)

8. American Wrestling Association, -1 (#14)

9. Championship Wrestling Association, NC (#16)

10. Pacific Northwest Wrestling, NC (#17)

11. Central States Wrestling, NC (#20)

12. World Wrestling Council, NC (#23)

13. World Wrestling Association, NC (#25)

14. Southeastern Championship Wrestling, NC (#26)

--CMLL continues as the #1 company in the world.

Champions Roll Call (America only)
GCW – National Heavyweight, Killer Karl Cox

WCCW – Texas Heavyweight, David Von Erich

MACW – NWA World Heavyweight, Ric Flair
Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight, Iceman King Parsons

WWF – WWF Heavyweight, Bob Backlund

CWF – NWA Florida Heavyweight, Kevin Sullivan

MSW – North American Heavyweight, Junkyard Dog

SWCW – SWCW Heavyweight, Dick Slater

AWA – AWA Heavyweight, Rick Martel

CWA – AWA Southern Heavyweight, Austin Idol

PNW – NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight, Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan

CSW – NWA Missouri Heavyweight, Harley Race

WWC – WWC Universal Heavyweight, Carlos Colon

WWA - WWA World Heavyweight, Greg Wojokowski

SECW – NWA Southeastern Heavyweight, Austin Idol
Old 06-23-2020, 01:57 PM   #20
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Main Eventers
Jerry Stubbs
JYD
Dutch Mantell
Jimmy Valiant
Steve Williams
Jerry Lawler
Bill Dundee
Austin Idol

Upper Midcarders
Moondog Rex
Rip Rogers
Luke Williams
Randy Savage
Norvell Austin
Ricky Morton
Moondog Spot
Steve Keirn

Midcarders
Sabu the Wildman
Bobby Eaton
Leroy Brown
Ray Candy
Roger Smith
Don Bass
Koko Ware
Bobby Fulton
Robert Gibson
Wendell Cooley
Jonathan Boyd
Stan Lane

Lower Midcarders
Troy Graham
Tommy Rogers
Phil Hickerson
Adrian Street
King Cobra
Lanny Poffo

Openers
Rick Gibson
Terry Taylor
Lou Winston

Enhancement Talent
Wayne Farris

Occasional Wrestler
Norman Frederick Charles III

Managers
Jimmy Hart
Jim Cornette
Angelo Poffo

Announcers/Color
Lance Russell
Dave Brown
Andy Kaufman

Authority Figure
Eddie Marlin

Referee
Jerry Calhoun

Road Agent
Jerry Jarrett

Personalities
Jackie Fargo
Paul Morton
Tojo Yamamoto
Miss Linda

--I will look over the roster again in a couple of weeks. The roster still seems a little bloated. Stubbs is the big question. I can’t see him winning any gold at the moment but he can put on a good match. Main eventing jobber right now. He could be good down the road, perhaps in a tag team.

–Ricky Morton, Randy Savage, and Koko Ware move up. These three could help be the backbone of the promotion, along with Lawler.

CWA Titles Roll Call

AWA Southern Heavyweight, 100 prestige (+8 from January)
Austin Idol, 4 title defenses, began 2nd reign Nov 1982

AWA Southern Tag Team, 70 prestige (+10 from January)
Fabulous Ones, no title defenses, began 3rd reign Jan 1983

NWA Mid-America Heavyweight, 41 prestige (-19 from January)
Sabu the Wildman, 2 title defenses, began reign Dec 1982

Creative Meeting
Franchise Players – Jerry Lawler, Steve Williams, JYD, Dutch Mantell, Austin Idol
Old 06-23-2020, 08:04 PM   #21
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 1, Feb 1983
Wisdom Gymnasium: Stephenville, TX
Attendance: 2,000 (Sell Out)

Sabu the Wildman def. Tommy Rogers in 6:44 with a piledriver. (C, 62) Sabu makes the third defense of his title.

Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware come out and hype their upcoming TV bout with Randy Savage and his mystery partner. (D+, 50)

Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. Ray Candy and Leroy Brown in 8:14 by pinfall after Eaton pinned Candy following an Alabama Jam. (B-, 74)

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams is interviewed by Lance Russell. He hypes his upcoming match with Norvell Austin and makes a challenge by saying it doesn’t matter if its Idol, Lawler, Dundee, or Mantell with the title, he wants it. (C, 62)

Junkyard Dog def. Troy Graham w/Jimmy Hart in 9:28 by pinfall after a series of brutal dog headbutts. (B-, 73) The match had fantastic heat and great wrestling. Hart did good work at ringside. After the match, JYD thanks the fans for all of the success he’s had. (A+, 100)

Steve Williams def. Norvell Austin in 9:14 by pinfall after the Oklahoma Stampede. (B-, 74)

Dutch Mantell comes out and hypes his upcoming main event match with Jerry Stubbs. He follows by taunting Bill Dundee. (B, 79)

Dutch Mantell def. Jerry Stubbs in 12:02 by pinfall after a piledriver. (B, 80)

Show Rating: B, 82

Post Show Notes
--A really good show which helps us improve in the Mid-South. Dutch has been really good the past two weeks.

--Also, a good show in that I can give some of the top stars a break. No Idol, Dundee, or Lawler.

Game World Notes
--GCW has reached cult size. They are offering contracts right and left. They have over $1,000,000 in the bank right now. One of the offers is to Austin Idol.

--GCW has signed AWA Champion Rick Martel to a written contract. His AWA title reign will be short-lived. Perhaps this opens the door for Hogan in the AWA? I usually see Baron Von Raschke or Wahoo win the title in January or February.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:30 AM   #22
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 1, Feb 1983
Fair Park Arena: Birmingham, AL
Attendance: 6,000 (Sell Out)

Pre Show Incidents
--Austin Idol caused damage to Bobby Fulton’s rental car. I chose to slap Idol on the wrist because Idol is the champion and Fulton’s not.

--For the third time, Jackie Fargo is sentencing a worker to buy drinks for everyone because he didn’t join the boys for a night out. This time it’s King Cobra.

Pre Show Match
The Gibson Brothers def. King Cobra and Lou Winston in 6:14 by pinfall after Robert pinned Winston after a Rocker Dropper. (C, 64)

Pre Show Match
Terry Taylor def. Phil Hickerson in 5:48 by pinfall after a Taylor Five Arm. (C-, 55)

--For the first time in two weeks, Jim Cornette emerges with a smile on his face and tennis racket in hand. Lance Russell asks about the racket. Cornette responds that he has taken up tennis. He calls out Dutch Mantell and offers to help him defeat Bill Dundee. Cornette believes Dutch should be the #1 contender for the Southern title. (C+, 68) Dutch thinks it over and warns Cornette that if he crosses him or he his not made #1 contender by the end of the month, he will wrap the bullwhip around his throat so tight that his mother in Louisville, Kentucky, will feel it. As Dutch leaves, Cornette follows from a safe distance. (C+, 69)

--Ricky Morton def. Rip Rogers in 7:39 by pinfall following a missile dropkick. (C, 64) After the match, Morton celebrates his win and thanks the fans for coming out tonight. (C, 63)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware come out for an interview with Lance Russell. They want Randy Savage to come out with his partner. Savage and Lanny Poffo emerge and begin arguing with Eaton and Ware. The argument spills into the ring and the match begins. (C, 65)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo in 9:44 when Ware pinned Poffo after a Bird Buster. (B, 81) Savage was heads and shoulders above everyone else.

--Lance Russell interviews Bill Dundee. Dundee taunts Cornette and Mantell telling Russell that Cornette has finally found a shoulder to cry on. (C+, 69)

NWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title Match
--Wendell Cooley def. Sabu the Wildman in 6:47. Following botched interference by Adrian Street, Cooley got the schoolboy rollup on Sabu for the pinfall. (C+, 68) Wendell Cooley wins the NWA Mid-America title. After the match, Sabu attacks Adrian Street for costing him the title. (C, 61)

--Jerry Lawler appears in what looks like another pre-recorded interview from his home. He tells Austin Idol to make sure he has eyes in the back of his head and that you’re looking at the next Southern Heavyweight champion. (B, 78)

--Junkyard Dog def. Norman Frederick Charles III in 7:16 by pinfall following a series of dog headbutts. (C+, 68)

--Lance Russell interviews Austin Idol and Jimmy Hart. Idol taunts Lawler at not even showing his face on TV today. (B, 81) As Idol continues to rant, Lawler appears from the under the ring, approaches Idol, and fireballs him in the face as Hart runs away. (B+, 85)

--The Fabulous Ones def. The Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart at 12:53 by DQ after the Sheepherders interfere and viciously attack Keirn and Lane. (B-, 75) The Fabulous Ones make their first defense of the Southern tag titles. The 4-on-2 attack continues until Steve Williams and JYD make the save, running the Sheepherders and Moondogs from the ring. (B-, 72)

Show Rating: B-, 76

TV rating: 0.26 (200,540 viewers)

Post show notes
--Savage thinks that Jonathan Boyd is unsafe in the ring and should be fired before someone gets crippled.

--Ricky Morton says that Lou Winston can’t sell anything worth a damn and needs to learn how to work.

--Andy Kaufman’s body type has changed to “Toned”.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #23
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 2, Feb 1983
Mobile Municipal Auditorium: Mobile, AL
Attendance: 10,112 (Sell Out)

--Jerry Lawler is interviewed by Lance Russell. He says he is going to make an offer that Austin Idol can’t refuse. He says this Saturday on Championship Wrestling, he wants a shot at Idol’s Southern Heavyweight Title. Lawler tells Russell that if Idol pins him or makes him submit, he cannot challenge for the title over the next six months as long as Idol holds it. (B-, 76)

--Bobby Eaton def. Rip Rogers in 8:12 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam after overcoming a Randy Savage distraction that almost cost him the match. (B-, 72)

--After the match, Savage and Lanny Poffo are interviewed by Lance Russell. They claim Eaton and Ware’s victory this past Saturday was a fluke and will not happen again. (C+, 66)

--Ray Candy and Leroy Brown def. The Fantastics in 8:23 by pinfall after Candy’s piledriver on Bobby Fulton. (C, 64)

--Jim Cornette comes out and hypes his newest client, Dutch Mantell. He says after Dutch wins the Southern title, he will come after the tag titles. (B-, 71)

--Junkyard Dog def. Norvell Austin in 10:06 by pinfall after The Thump. (C, 59) JYD and Austin had good chemistry and it showed in their performance. After the match, JYD warns the Moondogs not to interfere in any more matches on behalf of Jimmy Hart or Dr. Death and the biggest dog in the pound will teach them a lesson (B+, 87)

--“Dr. Death” Steve Williams def. Moondog Spot w/Jimmy Hart in 11:57 by pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede. (B-, 74)

--Lance Russell interviews Jimmy Hart and asks him about Lawler’s challenge. Hart says he and Idol have discussed it and they want an additional match stipulation, no disqualification. Hart also adds that Lawler’s attack on Idol could have been prevented if Eddie Marlin had taken precautions to protect the promotion’s champion. (B-. 73)

--Randy Savage w/Angelo Poffo def. Jerry Stubbs in 13:34 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B, 80)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and tells the audience he accepts Hart and Idol’s “no disqualification” stipulation. He reminds Idol that fireballs will be legal. (B, 81)

Show Rating: B, 79

Weekly News
--C-State has released one-quarter of their roster in an effort to save money. They are now $255,000 in the red. I have $387,000 available. They are still not willing to be bought out.

--Bill Dundee is now at 100% and fully fit.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #24
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 2, Feb 1983
Viking Hall: Bristol, TN

Pre Show
--Paul Morton is showing signs of selfish behavior in the locker room. A stern warning has improved his behavior.

--Lance Russell interviews promoter Eddie Marlin. He tells the audience that the Idol/Lawler match stipulations are Lawler’s inability to challenge for the Southern title over the next six months if Idol holds it. It will also be a no disqualification match. (C, 62)

--Austin Idol and Jimmy Hart come out and confront Marlin over Lawler’s vicious attack last week. Marlin and Idol have words and Idol decks Marlin with Hart looking on in shock. Lawler runs out and makes the save on Marlin as Hart pulls Idol away from the ringside area. (C+, 69)

--Wendell Cooley def. Troy Graham w/Jimmy Hartin 5:49 by pinfall with a Wildcat Slam. (C, 62) Cooley makes his first defense of the Mid-America title. After the match, Adrian Street saunters out and challenges “Gwendolyn” for the Mid-America championship at Crowning Glory in 12 days. (C, 61)

--Jerry Lawler hypes his upcoming title match with Austin Idol, warning Jimmy Hart of some big surprises if any of the First Family decide to interfere in their match.

--Bill Dundee def. Sabu the Wildman in 6:10 by pinfall with a sunset flip. (B-, 75) After the match, Dundee challenges Dutch Mantell to a match at Crowning Glory. Jim Cornette approaches the announce table and accepts Dundee’s challenge. (C+, 66)

--Eddie Marlin comes back out and tells Lance Russell that as a result of earlier events in the show, he has added one stipulation to the Idol/Lawler match: If Idol loses, he must leave town for at least six months. Idol and Hart storm out and are enraged with the decision. Idol says that if he loses, he is taking the Southern belt with him. (B-, 72)

–Norvell Austin def. Jerry Stubbs in 7:44 by pinfall. (B-, 75)

--Lance Russell interviews Junkyard Dog and Steve Williams. JYD and Williams warn Hart and the Moondogs not to get involved in the title match later. (B-, 72)

--A music video with the Fabulous Ones is shown. They are doing such things as flexing for the camera and chopping wood. (C, 64)

--The Sheepherders def. Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware in 12:20 by countout after Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo both distracted both Eaton and Ware, drawing them out of the ring, allowing Jerry Calhoun to count them out. (B, 78)

AWA Southern Heavyweight Title Match—No Disqualification
--Jerry Lawler def. Austin Idol w/Jimmy Hart in 10:02 by pinfall. The Moondogs interfered in the match but JYD and Williams made the save for Lawler and drove the Moondogs from ringside. Lawler then applied the Las Vegas Leglock to Idol, reached inside his trunks for a pair of brass knucks and knocked Idol out for Jerry Calhoun to count the pinfall. (B, 78) Lawler wins the AWA Southern Heavyweight title for the 29th time. After the match, JYD and Williams come out to congratulate Lawler on the victory. (B-, 76)

Show Rating: B-, 76

TV Rating: 0.25 (189,680 viewers)

Post Show Notes
--Idol has signed a written deal with Georgia. He is leaving the promotion tomorrow so he drops the title to Lawler on TV.

--Randy Savage thinks Jonathan Boyd “sells like crap” and I should find someone that can.

Other News
--Jim Brunzell beat Billy Robinson to win the vacant AWA World Heavyweight title. Jim Brunzell....

--Georgia Championship Wrestling is ravaging the smaller companies, signing 18 workers to written deals, including Sgt. Slaughter, Idol, Magnum TA, Harley Race, Dick Murdoch, and Rick Martel. How long can Karl Kox continue as champion?
Old 06-26-2020, 10:50 PM   #25
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 3, Feb 1983

--Randy Savage cuts a promo in the ring to open the show, taunting the team of Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware. Savage challenges Eaton and Ware to find a partner of their choosing for a six-man tag match at Crowning Glory. (A, 93)

--Terry Taylor def. Rip Rogers in 6:34 by pinfall after a Five Arm. (C-, 54)

--”Dr. Death” Steve Williams def. Norman Frederick Charles III in 6:10 by pinfall after the Oklahoma Stampede. (B-, 74) After the match, Williams threatens the Moondogs and Jimmy Hart, telling them to stay out of other people’s business. (C+, 68)

--Adrian Street def. Robert Gibson in 7:02 by pinfall after grabbing a handful of tights. (B-, 74) After the match, Street asks Lance Russell if he’s seen “Gwendolyn” anywhere. Russell rolls his eyes as Street sashays back to the dressing room. (C+, 69)

--Jerry Lawler comes out to a hot crowd and hypes his championship win over Austin Idol on TV this past Saturday. (A, 90)

--Bill Dundee and Jerry Stubbs def. Roger Smith and Don Bass in 11:14 by pinfall after Smith was small packaged by Dundee. (B, 78) After the match, Dutch Mantell and Jim Cornette come out and taunt Dundee, saying that Dundee is literally a small bump in the road on their way to the Southern title. (B-, 74)

--Randy Savage w/Angelo Poffo def. “Handsome” Jimmy Valiant in 8:39 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B-, 75) Savage and Valiant had pretty good chemistry and it lifted the match.

Show Rating: B, 79

Post Show Notes
--A great show from top to bottom with some solid promos to go along with it.

--Jerry Stubbs believes Don Bass needs to learn how to work because he can’t sell worth a damn.

--Randy Savage thinks that Terry Taylor doesn’t connect with fans and is a waste of time.

--Jerry Lawler is now fully fit after his injury.

Weekly News
--Miss Elizabeth has announced the formation of a band that could lead to some tours in the future. Liz and the Macho Men, perhaps.

--Wayne Farris’ contract is up in 30 days and has told me he will not re-sign as he is a freelancer who likes to spend a short time with a promotion and move on.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #26
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 3, Feb 1983
McKenzie Arena: Chattanooga, TN
Attendance: 7,841 (10,000 capacity)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his upcoming tag match alongside Bill Dundee against Dutch Mantell and Phil Hickerson. (C, 64)

--Koko Ware def. Norman Frederick Charles III in 6:02 by pinfall with a Bird Buster. (B-, 74)

--Jimmy Hart explains that since the choke artist, Austin Idol, couldn’t take care of Jerry Lawler, even when he was injured, he will find someone that will. (C+, 67)

--The Fabulous Ones cut a promo hyping their upcoming tag title defense versus the Sheepherders. (C+, 66)

--Bobby Eaton def. Troy Graham w/Jimmy Hart in 5:45 by pinfall following an Alabama Jam. (B-, 74) Following the match, Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo come out to the announce desk and taunt Eaton and Ware. They say that Eaton and Ware’s win was a fluke and they have found the perfect partner for the six-man tag match at Crowning Glory.

--Junkyard Dog and Steve Williams hype their match with the Moondogs next Thursday night at the Mid-South Coliseum.

–-Randy Savage w/Angelo Poffo def. Jerry Stubbs in 9:44 by pinfall with a flying elbow drop. (B, 81)

---Lance Russell interviews Adrian Street. Street taunts “Gwendolyn” in advance of their Mid-America title match at Crowning Glory. As Street walks away, he turns around and says that Russell is “such a butch”. (C, 64)

--Ricky Morton def. Sabu in 7:35 by pinfall following a missile dropkick. (B-, 74)

--Jerry Lawler comes out with his Southern title and taunts Dutch Mantell and Jim Cornette in advance of the tag match alongside Dundee. (B+, 86)

--Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee def. Phil Hickerson and Dutch Mantell w/Jim Cornette in 16:11 by pinfall after a Lawler piledriver on Hickerson. (B, 80)

Show Rating: B, 80

TV Rating: 0.25 (189,560 viewers)

Post Show Notes

--Jackie Fargo has been passing microphone tips on to his protege, Steve Keirn.

--I release Andy Kaufman. I haven't been using Kaufman except at color commentary with Dave Brown and Lance Russell. Maybe when he comes off his broken neck next January, I can bring him back in and throw him in some major storylines. IRL, I couldn't see Kaufman being happy just sitting there calling matches and not constantly irritating people. That's what Jim Cornette is there for right now.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #27
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 4, Feb 1983
Horner Hall: Hot Springs, AR
Attendance: 1,875 (Sell Out)

--The Fabulous Ones def. King Cobra and Sabu the Wildman in 8:08 by pinfall after a Lane Savate Kick on Cobra. (C, 61) The Fabs make their second defense of the tag titles.

--Bill Dundee def. Don Bass in 8:54 by pinfall after a piledriver (B-, 72) After the match, Dundee hypes his upcoming match with Mantell, saying that the worst thing Mantell has done is taking that whiny wimp Cornette as his manager. (C, 61)

--Junkyard Dog def. Ray Candy in 8:47 by pinfall following the Thump. (C, 65) After the match JYD steps out of the ring for a promo and is attacked by the Moondogs. Jimmy Hart gets in a few cheap shot as well. (C, 60)

--Randy Savage hypes the six-man tag match with their mystery partner and says that there’s no way Eaton and Ware can match the intensity of their partner on Thursday night. (C, 68)

--Steve Williams and Dutch Mantell w/Jim Cornette drew to a double stoppage after referee Jerry Calhoun lost control of the match. Match time was 15:31. (B, 82)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and tells Lance Russell that he is available to wrestle Thursday night and has accepted Eaton and Ware’s invitation to be their partner in the six-man tag match at Crowning Glory. Randy Savage sprints to the announce desk and tells Lawler he’s made the biggest mistake of his life. (C+, 70)

Show Rating: B-, 75

--I request negotiations with Manny Fernandez, Buzz Sawyer, and King Kong Bundy. Sawyer is signed at $2000 per appearance and will make his debut at Crowning Glory. He is a gamble in the locker room but should produce some solid, violent singles matches.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #28
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Crowning Glory
Thursday, Week 4, Feb 1983

--Jerry Lawler, Bobby Eaton, and Koko Ware hype their main event match against Randy Savage, Lanny Poffo, and a mystery partner. (C+, 68)

--Wendell Cooley def. Adrian Street in 9:42 after a Wildcat Slam. (B, 81) Cooley makes his second defense of the Mid-America title. After the match, Cooley celebrates his win (C+, 68)

--Jimmy Hart hypes the Moondogs upcoming match versus Junkyard Dog and Steve Williams and warns Lawler he has a big surprise waiting for him. (C+, 70)

--Steve Williams and Junkyard Dog def. The Moondogs in 8:45 following an Oklahoma Stampede by Williams on Moondog Rex. (B, 71)

--A video is shown featuring the latest feud between the Fabulous Ones and Sheepherders. (C, 62)

--The Fabulous Ones def. The Sheepherders in 15:46 when Steve Keirn pinned Jonathan Boyd. (B-, 73) The Fabs make their third defense of the tag titles.

--Jim Cornette comes out for an interview with Lance Russell, saying that after Mantell defeats the “short guy with dark hair”, his eyes will be on the Southern Heavyweight title. (B-, 75)

--Bill Dundee def. Dutch Mantell w/Jim Cornette in 12:43 by pinfall after Cornette accidentally hit Mantell with his tennis racket. (B, 80) After the match, Cornette and Mantell argue over whose fault the loss was on. (B-, 77)

--Before the main event, Randy Savage comes out for a promo, taunting Jerry Lawler. He tells Lawler not to get too comfortable with his Southern title after Savage pins him tonight. He then introduces their partner for the main event, a debuting Buzz Sawyer (A, 92)

--Jerry Lawler, Bobby Eaton, and Koko Ware def. Randy Savage, Lanny Poffo, and Buzz Sawyer in 10:28 following a Lawler piledriver on Poffo. (B, 80) After the match, Savage and Sawyer are angry at Poffo for the loss and beat him down. (B+, 86)

Post Show Notes
--Dutch Mantell, Lanny Poffo, and Norman Frederick Charles III have all signed written deals with Georgia. Mantell and Poffo are jobbed out at the big event. Mantell’s departure leaves a huge void on the heel scene, as opposed to early January, which saw a heel-heavy roster. He leaves with a solid 78 average match rating, with a high of 82 in a draw against Steve Williams and a win over Bobby Eaton. He had a record of 5 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw.

--Manny Fernandez signs for a bargain at $1400 per appearance.

--Wendell Cooley and Adrian Street continue to impress with their feud, pulling out an 81 rated match tonight.

--Lawler not only has Savage to deal with now but has Buzz Sawyer lurking.

--I have to find a solid matchup for Ricky Morton for the next two months to build his momentum up.

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware come out on top in their feud with Savage and Poffo. It may be time for a strictly tag push but they would probably be just as good in six-man or singles.

--I re-sign Tommy Rogers to a $700 per appearance deal over the next year. He and Bobby Fulton will make other tag teams look good at this point in 1983.

--An odd tag team has been formed in the AWA with Hulk Hogan and Rene Goulet. They call themselves The Low Lifes.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #29
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 4, Feb 1983
Macon Coliseum: Macon, GA

--Jerry Lawler comes out and taunts Randy Savage and his team’s loss in the six-man tag match at Crowning Glory. Lawler adds that Joe Leduc broke his leg after throwing him over the top rope onto an announcers table and Terry Funk loved blood and they were both ten times crazier than Buzz Sawyer and he beat them. (B-, 71)

--The Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart def. The Gibson Brothers in 7:32 by pinfall following Moondog Spot’s running elbow drop on Rick Gibson. (C+, 68) After the match, Hart hypes the First Family and says that he is working out the contract terms of new members of the Family and will introduce them next Saturday on Championship Wrestling. (B-, 72)

--Ricky Morton def. Troy Graham in 6:09 by pinfall after a missile dropkick. (C, 68) After the match, Morton hypes himself, saying it doesn’t matter if its Randy Savage, Jerry Lawler, or the Moondogs, he will continue his pursuit to be the best wrestler in CWA. (C+, 68) Randy Savage comes out and asks Morton if he was feeling alright today because it appeared he was called out. Savage warns Morton that the teeny boppers in the audience won’t save him from the Macho Man. (A, 90)

--Randy Savage def. Jimmy Valiant in 12:09 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B, 80) Savage continued pounding away on Valiant after the bell until Ricky Morton came back in for the save on Valiant. (B-, 77)

--Lance Russell interviews Jim Cornette and asks him if he got rid of Dutch Mantell. Cornette says that Dutch Mantell couldn’t beat “that Australian Chihuahua, Bill Dundee” so he doesn’t need him and he can go back to Oil Trough, Horse Trough, whatever you call it, Texas, unemployed. He also brings out and hypes the newest member of the “Cornette Dynasty”, a debuting Manny Fernandez. (C, 64)

--Manny Fernandez w/Jim Cornette def. Jerry Stubbs in 11:07 by pinfall after the Flying Burrito. (B, 81)

--Adrian Street comes out and tells everyone that he is finished with “Gwendolyn” and challenges Lawler for the Southern title. Lawler appears and tells Street he is going to punch the lipstick off his face and accepts the challenge. (B, 82)

--Jerry Lawler def. Adrian Street in 9:46 by pinfall following a piledriver. (B, 81) Lawler makes his first defense of the Southern title

TV Rating: 0.26 (201,940 viewers)
Old 07-04-2020, 01:37 PM   #30
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

February End of the Month Review
--Surprisingly, the Wendell Cooley/Adrian Street storyline was the second hottest in the company in February, right behind Lawler/Idol. Cooley has been a nice surprise. IRL, he had most of his success in the southern promotions, CWA and CCW.

--As long as Steve Williams' attitude can be held in check in the locker room, the 22-year old has much promise and could help carry a promotion.

--GCW’s raid on the smaller promotions continue. We lost Austin Idol, Dutch Mantell, Lanny Poffo, and Norman Frederick Charles III in February. Idol and Mantell, along with managers Jimmy Hart and Jim Cornette, were set to combine forces to try to take down Lawler, Williams, and JYD, with some help from the new signees.

--Finances continue to go up with the increasing rise of the economy and the wrestling industry. CWA stands at $527,460, an increase of $218,436 from the beginning of the month. I am stocking up on cash now to prepare to buy out any smaller promotions that are struggling financially. C-State continues to say they are not in bad enough shape financially to be taken over. They are currently $384,000 in debt.

--We maintain our place as the 14th richest company in the world and 7th richest in America.

Best match of the month
--Steve Williams and Dutch Mantell fought to a no contest (B, 82) at the last Monday night show in Hot Springs, AR.

Best card of the month
--Three shows tied at (B, 82), most recently this past Saturday’s TV show.

In the regional battles, CWA was
--first out of 8 in the Great Lakes;

--first out of 10 in the Mid-Atlantic;

--first out of 9 in the Mid-South;

--first out of 11 in the Midwest;

--first out of 10 in the Southwest;

--first out of 6 in Tri-State.

As a result, our momentum has increased from 92.8 to 100. Our company prestige made a big jump from 44 to 57.

Champions Roll Call (America only)
These are the company rankings in America followed by change in America from January 1. World ranking is in parentheses. Champions for each company are listed.

1. Georgia Championship Wrestling, +2 (World #1)
--NWA National Heavyweight, Killer Karl Kox

2. World Class Championship Wrestling, -1 (#3)
--NWA Texas Heavyweight, David Von Erich

3. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, -1 (#4)
--NWA World Heavyweight, Ric Flair
-- NWA United States Heavyweight, Greg Valentine

4. World Wrestling Federation, +1 (#8)
--WWF Heavyweight, Bob Backlund

5. Southwest Championship Wrestling, +3 (#9)
--SWCW Heavyweight, Gino Hernandez

6. Championship Wrestling from Florida, -2 (#10)
--NWA Florida Heavyweight, Vacant (Kevin Sullivan signed with GCW)

7. Mid-South Wrestling, NC (#12)
--North American Heavyweight, Junkyard Dog

8. American Wrestling Association, -1 (#15)
--AWA World Heavyweight, Jim Brunzell

9. Championship Wrestling Association, NC (#16)
--AWA Southern Heavyweight, Jerry Lawler

10. Pacific Northwest Wrestling, NC (#17)
--NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight, Billy Jack Haynes

11. Central States Wrestling, NC (#20)
--NWA Missouri Heavyweight, The Super Destroyer

12. World Wrestling Council, NC (#23)
--WWC Universal Heavyweight, Carlos Colon

13. Southeastern Championship Wrestling, +1 (#25)
--NWA Southeastern Heavyweight, Tommy Rich

14. World Wrestling Association, -1 (#26)
--WWA World Heavyweight, Greg Wojokowski

--Georgia and Southwest are red hot promotions at the moment. Georgia sits on $1.3 million to continue their expansion. Southwest, however, only has $102K but is putting on consistently good shows.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:05 PM   #31
BYU 14
Coordinator

Fun catching up on this. I love TEW 2020, really hoping there is a solid 80's mod released at some point for this version.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 10:23 PM   #32
Comey
College Starter

Is this Steve Williams Dr. Death or Steve Austin?

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #33
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Fun catching up on this. I love TEW 2020, really hoping there is a solid 80's mod released at some point for this version.

Glad you like it, BYU. Agreed on the TEW 2020 DOTT. I've spent more time on the various versions of DOTT than any other since I first bought TEW 2010.

I'm sure the '85 mod, Risky Business, will be released at some point and the Golden Age is pretty good. I'm hoping a great edition of WOTI will be released soon. I'm having a lot of fun with this, though, especially with Jim Cornette.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 PM   #34
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Is this Steve Williams Dr. Death or Steve Austin?

Nice catch!! I kept wondering how many would think of that if they knew Austin's real name. I felt a little silly at first putting Dr. Death or any other nicknames for other wrestlers in front of their name. The only one I really wanted to do consistently was "Exotic" Adrian Street but decided against it.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #35
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Main Eventers
Ricky Morton
JYD
Steve Williams
Jerry Lawler
Bill Dundee
Buzz Sawyer
Manny Fernandez

Upper Midcarders
Randy Savage
Moondog Spot
Jimmy Valiant
Jonathan Boyd
Jerry Stubbs
Moondog Rex
Luke Williams

Midcarders

Rip Rogers
Norvell Austin
Steve Keirn
Stan Lane
Roger Smith
Ray Candy
Robert Gibson
Sabu the Wildman
Adrian Street
Wendell Cooley
Koko Ware
Bobby Eaton
Don Bass

Lower Midcarders
Bobby Fulton
Terry Taylor
Troy Graham
Tommy Rogers
Phil Hickerson
Leroy Brown

Openers
King Cobra
Lou Winston

Enhancement Talent
Wayne Farris
Rick Gibson

Managers
Jimmy Hart
Jim Cornette
Angelo Poffo

Announcers/Color
Lance Russell
Dave Brown

Authority Figure
Eddie Marlin

Referee
Jerry Calhoun

Road Agent
Jerry Jarrett

Personalities

Jackie Fargo
Paul Morton
Tojo Yamamoto
Miss Linda

–Ricky Morton continues to work his way up the roster. He is now a main eventer and is actually seen as our #1 Franchise Player, according to the Creative Team. He will see his profile increase further with his upcoming feud with Randy Savage, who himself could well be a main eventer by the end of March and into April.

--I look through the roster and see that Ricky Morton, CWA owner Jerry Jarrett, Lawler, Norvell Austin, and Randy Savage all have loyalty to the CWA.

CWA Titles Roll Call

AWA Southern Heavyweight, 100 prestige (NC from February)
--Jerry Lawler, 1 title defense, began 29th reign Feb 1983

AWA Southern Tag Team, 85 prestige (+15 from February)
--Fabulous Ones, 3 title defenses, began 3rd reign Jan 1983

NWA Mid-America Heavyweight, 46 prestige (+5 from February)
--Wendell Cooley, 2 title defenses, began reign Feb 1983

Creative Meeting
Franchise Players – Ricky Morton, Jerry Lawler, Steve Williams, Buzz Sawyer, Junkyard Dog
Old 07-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #36
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 1, Mar 1983
Jackson, Mississippi

--Lance Russell runs down the card and brings out Jerry Lawler and his partner for tonight in the main event, the Junkyard Dog. They hype their match against Buzz Sawyer and Randy Savage. (B+, 85)

--Norvell Austin def. Terry Taylor in 6:08 by pinfall. (C, 64)

--Lance Russell interviews Wendell Cooley. Cooley hypes his victory over Adrian Street and says he is ready for all comers. (C, 61)

--Wendell Cooley def. Wayne Farris w/Jimmy Hart in 7:02 by pinfall after a Wildcat Slam. (B-, 72) Cooley makes his third defense of the Mid-America title.

--Bill Dundee def. Troy Graham w/Jimmy Hart in 6:35 by pinfall following a piledriver. (B-, 72) After the match, Dundee taunts Jim Cornette and his “dynasty”, telling Lance Russell that Mantell couldn’t handle the Superstar and is gone from the company. (B-, 71)

--A backstage camera catches Jim Cornette talking to Norvell Austin just outside of the dressing room. Cornette notices and starts swinging his tennis racket wildly at the cameraman. (C, 63)

--”Dr. Death” Steve Williams def. Phil Hickerson in 7:22 by pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede. (B-, 74)

--Jerry Lawler and JYD fight Buzz Sawyer and Randy Savage to a double countout in 16:12 when the action spilled outside the ring, leading to Jerry Calhoun’s countout. (B+, 88) Sawyer and Savage have great chemistry and it showed in their performance.

Post show
--As expected, Buzz Sawyer’s problems surface as he was wasted on drugs. I give him a stern warning and he has improved his behavior.

--I sign Rick Rude to $900 per appearance. He will start where someone like Hart or Cornette can help on the mic.

--I pick up Hercules Hernandez, who was unemployed, for $600 per appearance.

--Rip Morgan is also signed for $600 per appearance. He will team with Jonathan Boyd as part of the Sheepherders when Luke Williams’ contract runs out.

--I sign King Kong Bundy at $1420 per appearance. He will join either Hart or Cornette in their stable.

--Tommy Rogers is re-signed at $700 per appearance.

--I open negotiations with Ricky Steamboat, who was not re-signed by Maple Leaf. He works for Mid-Atlantic on Wednesdays and one Friday per month. This would be a huge signing.

--Buddy Landel is signed for $500 per appearance.

--Dennis Condrey is signed at $1200 per appearance. He will make an appearance on the Saturday TV show.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #37
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 1, Mar 1983
Louisville, Kentucky
Attendance: 6,000 (Sell Out)

Pre Show Match
--Rick Rude def. Terry Taylor in 4:34 after a Rude Awakening. (C, 65)

--Jimmy Hart comes out to start the show to a chorus of boos as he introduces the “shut-ins at home” to the newest members of the First Family, King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude, and says that Lawler’s days are numbered and so is Jerry Stubbs after the next match. (C+, 68)

--King Kong Bundy w/Jimmy Hart def. Jerry Stubbs in 6:45 by pinfall after a Big Splash. (B-, 75)

--Jim Cornette comes out and announces the newest tag team to Cornette’s Dynasty and the next Southern tag team champions, Dennis Condrey and Norvell Austin. He calls his new team the “Midnight Express.” (B-, 72)

--The Midnight Express w/Jim Cornette def. The Fantastics in 7:45 by pinfall after a full nelson faceslam by Condrey on Bobby Fulton. (C, 64)

--Jimmy Hart comes back out to the announce table with Bundy and Rude for an interview with Russell. Hart asks Randy Savage to come out. Savage obliges with Bundy and Rude clapping as he approaches Hart. Hart offers Savage his managerial services and wants him to join the First Family. Savage walks away with no response as Hart looks confused. (B, 78)

--Bobby Eaton, Koko Ware, and Ricky Morton def. Randy Savage and the Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart in 10:59 by pinfall after a missile dropkick by Morton on Moondog Rex. Randy Savage left the Moondogs midway through the match after not being tagged in at all. (B, 82) Eaton, Ware, and Morton celebrate their win after the match. (C+, 67)

--Lance Russell interviews Jerry Lawler on his title defense later versus Don Bass. (A, 93) Manny Fernandez and Jim Cornette then come out and argue with Lawler, leading to a brawl between Fernandez and Lawler. (C+, 70)

–Manny Fernandez w/Jim Cornette def. Jimmy Valiant in 10:16 by pinfall following a Flying Burrito. (B, 81)

--Randy Savage comes out and is asked to explain his actions in the six-man tag match earlier in the show. Savage says that Jimmy Hart needs to understand it’s real hard for him to trust people, especially managers that wear sunglasses indoors. (B+, 85)

--Jerry Lawler def. Don Bass in 10:19 by pinfall after a flying fistdrop. (B, 82) Jerry Lawler makes his second defense of the Southern title

Show Rating: B+, 85

TV Rating: 0.29 (222,110 viewers)

Post Show Notes
--According to Jackie Fargo, a bunch of the boys in the back complained about Ricky Morton leaving a mess everywhere and not cleaning after himself. Morton is told to clean up and, as expected with Fargo, ordered to buy drinks for everyone after the show.

--A solid card and main event as things heat up in the Hart and Cornette stables. The Midnight Express make their debut, along with Rick Rude.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #38
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 2, Mar 1983
Louisville, Kentucky
Attendance: 14,437 (Capacity: 15,000)

--Lance Russell interviews Jimmy Hart and Jim Cornette to open the show. Hart says he and Cornette may compete for the best wrestlers but both are determined to rid the area of Jerry Lawler. Cornette warns Bill Dundee to stay out of his business. (B, 77)

--Adrian Street def. Terry Taylor in 6:04 by pinfall after grabbing a handful of tights. (B-, 74)

--Jimmy Hart comes out with his newest signees, King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude. He hypes their future role in the First Family. (C, 60)

--Junkyard Dog def. Ray Candy by pinfall after the Thump. (C, 62) After the match, JYD makes his way to the announcers table when he is confronted by Buzz Sawyer. The two argue as Lance Russell cools things down between them. (A+, 98)

--Bill Dundee comes out and hypes his main event match with Buzz Sawyer. (B, 79)

--The Fabulous Ones def. Rip Rogers and Lou Winston in 6:38 by pinfall following a Lane Savate Kick on Rogers. (C+, 68) Following the match, The Fabulous Ones are interviewed by Lance Russell. Stan Lane hypes up the fact that they are fighting champions. (C+, 69)

--Jimmy Hart comes back out and says that even though things didn’t go as planned in their six-man tag match this past Saturday that he is determined to get Randy Savage in the Family. (B-, 73)

--Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart def. Jerry Stubbs in 7:46 by pinfall after the Rude Awakening. (C, 60)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his match at WrestleBowl against Manny Fernandez. Lawler tells Fernandez that there will be blood. (A+, 100)

--Buzz Sawyer def. Bill Dundee in 16:41 by pinfall after Jim Cornette distracted referee Jerry Calhoun while Sawyer hit Dundee with Cornette’s tennis racket. (B+, 88)

Show Rating: B+, 88

Post Show Notes

--A great main event with Lawler’s A+ promo makes this our best show so far in 1983.

Weekly News
--I sign Ricky Steamboat at $2,600 per appearance for three months. He is a freelancer so will not look to extend at the end of the three months. Hopefully, his schedule with Mid-Atlantic won’t interfere with his CWA schedule.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #39
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 2, March 1983
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Attendance: 8,877 (Capacity: 10,000)

In a couple of pre-show incidents,
--Troy Graham caught heat with the rest of the locker room by pulling a tasteless rib backstage. Sources say a gerbil was involved.

--The other involved Terry Taylor and Lance Russell. They bonded backstage, having discovered a shared love of classic 80’s power ballads, supposedly including those of Foreigner and Journey.

Pre Show Match
--The Gibson Brothers def. Troy Graham and Wayne Farris in 6:08 by pinfall when Robert Gibson rocker dropped Farris. (C, 65)

--Junkyard Dog def. Buddy Landel in 9:05 by pinfall following the Thump. (B-, 76) Landel makes his CWA debut. After the match, JYD hypes himself up and thanks the fans in Hattiesburg for coming out tonight. (B, 82)

--Lance Russell hypes the main event, a six-man tag match with Jerry Lawler, Ricky Morton, and Steve Williams facing Randy Savage, Manny Fernandez, and Norvell Austin. (C, 60)

--Jim Cornette comes out to be interviewed by Russell. He hypes the “greatest tag team in the world, the Midnight Express” and Manny’s opportunity at Jerry Lawler. (B, 79) The Midnight Express comes out and tells the Fabulous Ones they are coming for their Southern Tag titles. (C+, 68)

--Wendell Cooley def. Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart by DQ in 7:53 after King Kong Bundy interfered on Rude’s behalf after Cooley seemingly had the match won after a Wildcat Slam. (C+, 66) Cooley makes his 4th defense of the Mid-America title. After the match, Bundy and Rude continue their assault on Cooley until Steve Williams runs out to make the save. He warns Bundy to pick on people his own size. (C, 64)

--Jimmy Hart makes his way out to be interviewed by Lance Russell. He warns Dr. Death that Bundy is the most dangerous man in the promotion and will flatten him. He challenges Williams to a match at WrestleBowl. (C+, 68)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware come out and hype their upcoming match with the Moondogs. (C, 64)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. The Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart in 10:09 by pinfall after Eaton’s Alabama Jam with Moondog Spot’s bone on Moondog Rex’s throat. (B-, 76)

--Randy Savage comes out for a promo, hyping his participation in the six-man tag match in the main event where he belongs. (A, 93)

--Jerry Lawler, Ricky Morton, and Steve Williams hype their six-man tag match. (B, 81)

--Randy Savage, Manny Fernandez, and Norvell Austin w/Jim Cornette def. Jerry Lawler, Ricky Morton, and Steve Williams in 15:53 by pinfall after Jim Cornette hit Morton with the tennis racket, allowing Savage the chance at the flying elbow drop. (B, 78)

TV Rating: 0.26 (201,580 viewers)
Old 07-13-2020, 08:02 AM   #40
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 3, March 1983
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Attendance: 14,293 (Capacity: 15,000)

--Jim Cornette comes out and taunts the Fabulous Ones, hyping what he calls the next AWA Southern Tag Team Champions, the Midnight Express. He says that come WrestleBowl, Dennis Condrey and Norvell Austin will wipe CWA clean of the “ugliest male dancers” he’s ever seen. (C, 65)

--The Midnight Express w/Jim Cornette def. The Fantastics in 6:55 by pinfall after a Condrey full nelson faceslam on Bobby Fulton. (C+, 67)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his main event match with Sabu the Wildman. He also tells Lance Russell he can’t wait to get Manny Fernandez one-on-one in the ring at WrestleBowl. (A+, 100)

--King Kong Bundy w/Jimmy Hart def. Robert Gibson in 7:09 by pinfall after the Big Splash. (B-, 74)

--Lance Russell interviews the Fabulous Ones about their upcoming title defense against the Midnight Express. The Express comes out and a brawl ensues with the Fabs getting the best of the Express and driving them to the locker room. (C, 60)

--Randy Savage def. Rick Gibson in 6:51 by pinfall after a flying elbow drop. (B-, 74) After the match, Savage tells Lance Russell that he has no manager now and hypes his upcoming match against Ricky Morton at WrestleBowl. (B+, 88)

--Buzz Sawyer def. Jerry Stubbs in 11:01 by pinfall following a Bulldog. (B, 81) JYD comes out to the commentary halfway through the match. After the match, Sawyer comes face-to-face with JYD as Lance Russell tries to cool tensions. (A, 94)

--Jerry Lawler def. Sabu the Wildman in 12:44 following a piledriver (B, 82) Lawler makes his third defense of the Southern heavyweight title.

Show Rating: B+, 86

Weekly News:
--Wayne Farris leaves the company. He is a freelancer so no hard feelings. Farris will possibly return to CWA in the future with a new gimmick. It is said he loves Elvis and can play the guitar….

--”Dr. Death” Steve Williams is becoming a big problem backstage as he claims he is carrying CWA on his backs. He is now labeled a very negative influence.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #41
PilotMan
Head Coach

I couldn't find the 2016 DOTT mod anywhere recently. Is it gone and dead, or does it live on somewhere?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:25 AM   #42
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

https://tewdb.com/img782.htm

This is the latest version I found. I couldn't convert it to TEW 2020 because of an error saying something about editing shows. I tried to correct it repeatedly but of no use. I've seen others say they've had no problem converting to 2020 but some of the attributes were off.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #43
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 3, March 1983
Montgomery, Alabama
Attendance: 9,221 (Capacity: 10,000)

Pre Show Match
--Jimmy Valiant def. Adrian Street in 7:01 by pinfall after a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. (B-, 76)

--Bill Dundee def. King Cobra in 6:46 by pinfall with a small package. (B-, 74)

--Lance Russell interviews Cornette’s Dynasty as Dundee glares at Jim Cornette when leaving the ring. Cornette says that since Randy Savage is now a free agent, he can join the Dynasty. (B-, 71) Cornette then hypes Manny Fernandez’s AWA Southern title shot against Lawler next Thursday night at the Mid-South Coliseum at WrestleBowl. (C+, 69)

--The Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart def. Jerry Stubbs and Terry Taylor in 7:03 by pinfall after Moondog Spot hit Taylor with his bone. (B-, 71) After the match, Hart challenges Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware to a rematch of last week’s dirty win over the Moondogs. He explains how Eaton illegally stole Moondog Spot’s bone and used it as a weapon. (C+, 70) Eaton and Ware come out and accept Hart’s challenge as the Moondogs warily watch Eaton and Ware. (C, 63)

--A video is shown hyping the Fabulous Ones and their current tag team title reign. (C, 58)

--Wendell Cooley def. Luke Williams in 6:55 by pinfall after a Wildcat Slam. (B-, 75) After the match, King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude hit the ring and attack Cooley. Again, Steve Williams makes the save as Bundy and Rude slide out of the ring. (C-, 54) Wildcat makes his fifth defense of the Mid-America title.

--Lance Russell interviews Randy Savage and asks him about Jim Cornette’s offer. Savage says he doesn’t have to show loyalty to anyone. He then tells Ricky Morton the only person coming from the top rope will be the Macho Man when he lands on Morton’s throat. (B-, 75)

--As Savage’s interview is done, Jim Cornette comes out with Manny Fernandez and says he respects Savage’s decision. Jerry Lawler and Ricky Morton then come out and interrupt the interview, with Lawler telling Savage and Fernandez that it would be best for them to send Cornette back to his mother’s bosom in Louisville, Kentucky. (B+, 88)

--Junkyard Dog def. Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart in 7:41 by pinfall after the Thump. (B-, 76) After the match, Hart tells JYD that he will shock the world come Thursday night as Russell and Dave Brown wonder what that means (B, 77)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his tag team match with Ricky Morton against Manny Fernandez and Randy Savage. (A+, 100)

--Jerry Lawler and Ricky Morton versus Manny Fernandez and Randy Savage ended in a double stoppage in 16:20 as both teams began bringing weapons into the ring and Lawler and Savage both punched referee Jerry Calhoun, who was trying to restore order. (B+, 87)

TV Rating: 0.35 (267,840 viewers)

Last edited by tucking fypo : 07-14-2020 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #44
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 4, March 1983
Grambling, Louisiana
Attendance: 2,200 (Sell Out)

--King Kong Bundy w/Jimmy Hart def. Bobby Fulton in 7:25 by pinfall after the Big Splash. (C-, 56) After the match, as Bundy prepares to deliver to more splashes, Steve Williams comes in and attacks Bundy, forcing him from the ring. Rick Rude helps Bundy to the locker room. (C+, 67)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko def. Troy Graham and Phil Hickerson in 8:02 by pinfall after Eaton delivered an Alabama Jam on Graham. (B-, 72)

--Bill Dundee comes out to be interviewed by Lance Russell. He says that since he is not on the card for Thursday’s WrestleBowl, he might hang around the locker room and see if he can find Jim Cornette and have a little talk. (B-, 76)

--Steve Williams def. Rip Rogers in 10:25 by pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede. (B, 78)

--Lance Russell interviews Junkyard Dog about his WrestleBowl match versus Buzz Sawyer. Sawyer comes out and attacks JYD. Soon the fight turns into a massive brawl with King Kong Bundy and Steve Williams joining. The Fabulous Ones come out to help break up the brawl and are attacked by the Midnight Express. (C, 64)

--Jerry Stubbs def. Roger Smith in 8:39 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (C, 62)

--Lance Russell interviews Jerry Lawler. Lawler hypes his Southern title match against Manny Fernandez and warns Cornette to stay out of the match. (A, 94)

--Bill Dundee def. Don Bass in 9:24 by pinfall after a piledriver. (B-, 75)

--Steve Williams instigated a backstage fight with Buzz Sawyer. Sawyer turned the tables on Williams and got the better of him. Williams has now been involved in several backstage incidents. He also stated again that he is carrying CWA and has made the locker room unhappy with his comments. His days in CWA may be numbered. He is a very negative influence in an otherwise positive locker room, save Buzz Sawyer.

--Luke Williams leaves the company on his terms. He is a freelancer so he may look to come back down the road. The Sheepherders have not been heard from much since Crowning Glory when they were defeated by the Fabulous Ones.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:19 AM   #45
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

The card for WrestleBowl:

AWA Southern Heavyweight Title Match – Jerry Lawler (c) vs. Manny Fernandez

NWA Mid-America Title Match: Wendell Cooley (c) vs Rick Rude

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Match – The Fabulous Ones (c) vs The Midnight Express

King Kong Bundy vs. Steve Williams

Randy Savage vs Ricky Morton

Junkyard Dog vs Buzz Sawyer

The Moondogs vs Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware
Old 07-16-2020, 10:11 PM   #46
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA WrestleBowl
Thursday, Week 4, March 1983
Memphis, Tennessee

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his main event title match with Manny Fernandez and again warns Jim Cornette to stay out of his business unless he wants dropped on his head. (A+, 100)

--Wendell Cooley def. Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart by disqualificaton in 8:02 when the First Family attacked Cooley after Cooley delivered a Wildcat Slam on Rude, almost guaranteeing a victory. (B-, 71) Bundy is able to splash Cooley three times, leaving him injured in the ring. (C+, 67) Cooley makes his sixth defense of the Mid-America title.

--Jimmy Hart comes out and introduces the newest member of the First Family, Buzz Sawyer. Sawyer begins barking and taunts Junkyard Dog before their match. (A, 89) Hart hypes the Moondogs next match with Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware. (B-, 75)

--Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware def. The Moondogs w/Jimmy Hart by pinfall in 8:44 after a Bird Buster by Koko on Moondog Spot. (B-, 75)

--Junkyard Dog hypes his upcoming match with Buzz Sawyer. (A+, 100)

--Steve Williams def. King Kong Bundy w/Jimmy Hart in 7:18 by pinfall after two Oklahoma Stampedes. Rick Rude tried to interfere but was met with an Oklahoma Stampede himself. (B-, 74)

--Ricky Morton comes out and gives a promo, hyping his upcoming match with Randy Savage. (C+, 68)

--Randy Savage def. Ricky Morton by pinfall in 15:40 after a flying elbow drop. (B, 82) After the match, Savage continues to beat down Morton and goes for another elbow drop when a debuting Ricky Steamboat comes out and saves Morton, chasing Savage off the top rope. (B+, 87)

--The Midnight Express w/Jim Cornette def. The Fabulous Ones by pinfall after Jim Cornette bashed Steve Keirn in the head with his tennis racket, allowing Condrey the pin. (B-, 76) The Midnight Express claim their first AWA Southern Tag Team titles. After the match, a jubilant Cornette tells the crowd the Southern title will be the next title in the Dynasty. (B-, 71)

--Buzz Sawyer w/Jimmy Hart def. Junkyard Dog in 17:35 by pinfall after a Bulldog in a physical brawl that went all over the ringside area. (B+, 86) After the match, Sawyer hypes his win and claims he is now the biggest dog in the promotion. (A+, 100)

--Jerry Lawler def. Manny Fernandez w/Jim Cornette in 20:23 by pinfall after Bill Dundee intercepted Jim Cornette before he used his tennis racket on Lawler. Lawler retrieved the racket with referee Jerry Calhoun down and belted Fernandez to get the pin. (B, 78) Lawler makes his fourth defense of the Southern Heavyweight Title.

Show Rating: B+, 86

Post Show Notes
--A great show topped off by Sawyer’s clean win over JYD and Dundee’s save for Lawler in the title match. Dundee will continue to be a thorn in the Dynasty’s side.

--Ricky Steamboat made his debut by saving Ricky Morton, much to the chagrin of Savage. Morton, Savage, and Steamboat will continue their storyline into April.

--The Midnight Express win the tag titles in their first challenge to the Fabulous Ones. Eaton and Ware now lay in wait after a convincing win over the Moondogs.
Old 07-17-2020, 09:44 AM   #47
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 4, March 1983
Chattanooga, Tennessee

Pre Show Match
--Jerry Stubbs def. King Cobra in 7:05 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (C, 64)

--Lance Russell interviews Jim Cornette to start the show. Cornette hypes The Midnight Express’ Southern tag team title win against the Fabulous Ones at WrestleBowl. Dennis Condrey and Norvell Austin say there is no better tag team in the United States as the Midnight Express and they will show it tonight against Ricky Steamboat and Ricky Morton. (C, 60)

--Buddy Landel def. Tommy Rogers in 5:51 by pinfall after a corkscrew elbow drop. (C-, 56)

--Ricky Steamboat and Ricky Morton and tell Lance Russell they are teaming later in the show against the Midnight Express, saying that the Express will have the shortest tag team title reigns ever tonight in the main event. (B+, 88)

--Bill Dundee def. Leroy Brown in 8:27 by pinfall after a piledriver. (B-, 75) After the match, Dundee tells the audience that there was no way Cornette was going to get involved in another title match at WrestleBowl. Dundee warns Cornette he will be watching him if he tries to get involved in any more matches. (B, 80)

--Jimmy Valiant def. Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart in 8:49 by pinfall after a Boogie Woogie Elbow Drop. (B-, 73)

--Lance Russell interviews Jerry Lawler, who hyped his win against Manny Fernandez at WrestleBowl. Lawler tells Jim Cornette he knew the tennis racket would come into play and had his own “insurance policy” in Bill Dundee during his match against Manny Fernandez. (A+, 100)

--Steve Williams def. Sabu the Wildman in 6:39 by pinfall after an Oklahoma Stampede. (B-, 76)

--Junkyard Dog comes out for an interview, apologizing to the fans for his loss to Buzz Sawyer at WrestleBowl. He promises the fans nothing will stop him in his quest to destroy the First Family. (A+, 96)

--Lance interviews Randy Savage, who rages at Ricky Steamboat for getting involved in Macho Man business on Thursday night and warns him to watch his back. (A+, 100)

--The Midnight Express w/Jim Cornette drew with Ricky Steamboat and Ricky Morton in 15:00 when the TV time limit expired. Randy Savage distracted Steamboat throughout as Jim Cornette was chased from ringside early by Bill Dundee. (B+, 83) The Midnight Express makes their first defense of the Southern tag team titles.

TV Rating: 0.36 (270,520 viewers)

Weekly News

--Finally, Wahoo McDaniel won the AWA World Heavyweight title by defeating Jim Brunzell at the AWA End of the Month Show in Gary, Indiana.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:11 PM   #48
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

March Month in Review
--Buzz Sawyer had quite the month, putting on three of the top four matches in March, defeating Bill Dundee and teaming with Savage to take on Lawler and JYD. Both rated at B+, 88. He could be the favorite heading into next month’s King of Kings event.

–I couldn’t turn down the opportunity forming the Midnight Express with Jim Cornette, though Condrey and Norvell were original members IRL, along with Randy Rose. They had the highest rated match of any regular tag team so far in 1983 when they fought Steamboat and Morton. No doubt that having Steamboat in that match helped.

--Jerry Lawler continues to be solid, giving consistently great promos and adding heat to storylines, though his highest rated matches in 1983 have been in tag team matches.

--Wendell Cooley continues with the Mid-America title. He has averaged in the B-, C+ range in his title defenses and has added prestige to the title. His injuries at WrestleBowl at the hands of Bundy and Rude will be exploited by the First Family.

--Steve Williams is still a valuable member of the roster but is a very negative influence on the locker room. He is skating on thin ice.

--Angelo Poffo has been moved from managing Randy Savage to being a personality. This is mainly for storyline purposes but Poffo is a positive influence backstage. As long as Savage is in the promotion, Poffo stays.

Best matches of the month
--Buzz Sawyer def. Bill Dundee on the Monday Night Tour rated a B+, 88.

--Jerry Lawler and Junkyard Dog drew with Sawyer and Randy Savage on the Monday Night Tour. It also rated an 88. This match also rated as the highest tag team match of the month.

Finances
--We continue our string of great gates with great attendance. We have $1,022,352 in the bank with a $494,892 profit in March. We are the sixth richest company in America, up one spot since March 1. World Class has the most money, just under $2,000,000.

Regional Battles
--We placed first in all of the regional battles for the third straight month.

--Our prestige is now 61, a +4 from last month. By winning the regional battles, CWA's momentum is 100.

CWA Title Roll Call with Prestige

AWA Southern Heavyweight Championship, 100 prestige (no change from last month)
--Jerry Lawler, 4 title defenses, won Week 2, Feb 1983

AWA Southern Tag Team Championship, 100 prestige (+15 from last month)
--The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey and Norvell Austin), no title defenses, won Week 4, Mar 1983

NWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship, 66 prestige (+20 from last month)
--Wendell Cooley, 6 title defenses, won Week 1, Feb 1983
Old 07-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #49
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Company Rankings in order and change in America from January 1 with world ranking in parentheses. Listed below each promotion is the company champion.

1. Georgia Championship Wrestling, +2 (1)
--NWA National Heavyweight, Stan Hansen

2. World Class Championship Wrestling, -1, (5)
--NWA Texas Heavyweight, David Von Erich

3. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, -1 (6)
--NWA World Heavyweight, Ric Flair
--NWA United States Heavyweight, Greg Valentine

4. Southwest Championship Wrestling, +4 (8)
--SWCW Heavyweight, Gino Hernandez

5. World Wrestling Federation, NC (9)
--WWF World Heavyweight, Bob Backlund

6. Championship Wrestling from Florida, -2 (11)
--NWA Florida Heavyweight, Bob Orton, Jr.

7. Mid-South Wrestling, -1 (13)
--North American Heavyweight, Junkyard Dog

8. American Wrestling Association, -1 (15)
--AWA World Heavyweight, Wahoo McDaniel

9. Championship Wrestling Association, NC (16)
--AWA Southern Heavyweight, Jerry Lawler

10. Pacific Northwest Wrestling, NC (17)
--NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight, Billy Jack Haynes

11. Central States Wrestling, NC (21)
--NWA Central States Heavyweight, Manny Fernandez

12. World Wrestling Council, NC (23)
--WWC Universal Heavyweight, Carlos Colon

13. Southeastern Championship Wrestling, +1 (25)
--NWA Southeastern Heavyweight, Tommy Rich

14. World Wrestling Council, -1 (26)
--WWA World Heavyweight, Greg Wojokowski

Other champions from around the world:
All-Japan – NWA International Heavyweight, Jumbo Tsuruta

Calgary Stampede Wrestling - CSW North American Heavyweight, Leo Burke

CMLL – NWA World Middleweight, Rayo de Jalisco

Maple Leaf Wrestling – NWA Canadian Heavyweight, Raymond Rougeau

New Japan – NWA World Junior Heavyweight, Tiger Mask; IWGP Champion – Andre the Giant

Franchise Players
Ricky Steamboat
Ricky Morton
Jerry Lawler
Buzz Sawyer
Steve Williams
Old 07-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #50
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 1, April 1983
Nashville, Tennessee
Attendance: 15,000 (Sell Out)

--Jerry Lawler lifted the backstage area before the show by drawing some funny pictures of fellow workers.

--Lance Russell interviews Jim Cornette, who is followed out by the Cornette Dynasty. Cornette says that Bill Dundee interfered in Manny Fernandez’s title match against Lawler and that Lawler should have been disqualified. He tells Dundee he has crossed the line and will pay dearly for his actions. (C+, 69)

--Adrian Street comes out and gives a promo. He says that he hasn’t been focused the last few weeks because he’s been costume shopping. Lance gives Street a quizzical look as he skips away to the ring (C+, 70)

--Bill Dundee def. Adrian Street in 6:48 by pinfall after a quick roll up. (B-, 75) Street then hops up and prances out of the ring as a confused Bill Dundee looks on. (B-, 71) Bill Dundee then gives an interview asking Lance Russell what the heck that was about and wonders aloud if Jim Cornette’s mother is involved. (B, 80)

--Ricky Morton comes out and gives a brief promo, telling fans its time to team back up with his old partner, Robert Gibson, for a match tonight. (C+, 69).

--The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express def. Ray Candy and Leroy Brown in 10:23 by pinfall after a double dropkick on Brown, allowing Morton to get the pin. (B, 81) After the match, the Gibson and Morton hype their return to the tag team ranks. (B-, 72)

--Jerry Lawler comes out with his AWA Southern title draped over his shoulder for an interview with Lance Russell. Lawler tells Cornette he really talks tough when he’s surrounded by his so-called Dynasty. Lawler warns Cornette to stay out of his business and give the tennis racket gig a break. (A, 90)

--Buzz Sawyer w/Jimmy Hart def. Jimmy Valiant in 11:39 by pinfall after a diving splash. (B, 81) After the match, Jimmy Hart hypes who he calls the next Southern heavyweight champion as Sawyer howls in the background. (B, 79)

--Wendell Cooley comes out heavily bandaged up around his ribs, and tells Lance Russell about his injuries suffered at the hands of King Kong Bundy and Rick Rude. (C+, 67) King Kong Bundy then comes out with Hart, challenging Cooley to a Mid-America title match. Cooley says he should be cleared to wrestle by his doctors in just over a week but he will defend his title within the 30-day requirement. (B-, 72)

--Buzz Sawyer comes back out with Jimmy Hart and tells Lance Russell that to get what you want, sometimes you have to act a little crazy. Sawyer then begins screaming and runs around the ring wildly, scaring most of the kids on the front row. (A+, 100)

--Ricky Steamboat def. Sabu the Wildman in 7:22 by pinfall after a flying karate chop. (B-, 75)

--A camera catches Bill Dundee walking backstage when he is attacked by Manny Fernandez. Fernandez hits Dundee with several chair shots on the back as Jim Cornette taunts Dundee from a distance. (B-, 73)

--Jerry Lawler def. Buddy Landel in 16:08 by pinfall after a piledriver. (B+, 85) Lawler makes his fifth defense of the Southern title.

Show Rating: B+, 87

--Buzz Sawyer opines that King Kong Bundy needs learn how to sell and is not worth pushing until its addressed.

--I sign the Barbarian, who was previously unemployed. He is now loyal to CWA.

--The main event scene is stacked right now so I put Ricky Morton back with Robert Gibson in the R ‘n’ R Express. He will still be in some singles matches but this will give the Midnight Express more than just the Fabulous Ones to think about.

--Another seemingly poor-named tag team has emerged, this time in Mid-Atlantic. Dory Funk Jr. and Big John Studd now make up Team Life.

--WWA and WWF have rising tensions between them. WWA now has a hostile relationship with CWA. In response, I look over their roster and there’s no one I would come close to signing. I would not even buy them out if they were in financial peril. They are the lowest rated promotion in the world.

Last edited by tucking fypo : 07-20-2020 at 11:52 AM.