Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-21-2021, 03:45 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Alright Boyz, here we go! The FM22 Beta is Out!

You have to have purchased the game, but the full game will be out on Game Pass on Nov 9.

Will miss my instant result skin until then

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #2
miami_fan
Coordinator

Downloading now. Will probably wait to dig into it tomorrow.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:05 PM   #3
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

First time I've bought in a few years. $38.15 at "FourFourTwo" with link to Fanatical and this code 'FOURFOURTWOFM22' all in the first paragraph. That's 25% off with another 7% off with the code.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featu...download-steam

Paid with paypal, already downloaded and ready to play with Steam key. Now, how to find time to play
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:52 PM   #4
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
You have to have purchased the game, but the full game will be out on Game Pass on Nov 9.

Will miss my instant result skin until then

Does the instant result skin still not do subs?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:32 AM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Does the instant result skin still not do subs?

They fixed that pretty quick back in FM21
Old 10-22-2021, 07:55 AM   #6
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Someone ping me when you can simply be the Director of Football.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:18 AM   #7
miami_fan
Coordinator

So I am only a couple of game days in but this feels a bit more streamlined as far as getting the game tasks accomplished. Not as many clicks as before.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 10-22-2021, 12:10 PM   #8
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So I am only a couple of game days in but this feels a bit more streamlined as far as getting the game tasks accomplished. Not as many clicks as before.

This is good news. I enjoy the game but felt like I had to put in so many hours just to play a few matches.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:43 PM   #9
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Got my 300k cutout facepack, logos, kits, and real name fix in. For some reason the small icon face pack isn't showing. Holding the arrow over where the icon pic would be brings up a very nice player card popup. Maybe this is by design and working as intended and the small icon faces aren't used on the roster page? That or a beta issue and it's broke?

Built my manager avatar taking about 25 years off so I don't start as an old man. Actually looks a bit like a young me Starting out at Dag & Red in the lower English leagues.

Haven't had much time, just knocked around the screens a bit. Looks pretty sharp to my eye. I think '14 was my last version so lot's new to see. Now need to carve out time to play, it's such a time sink.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:41 AM   #10
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am the opposite. I usually start in the lower leagues and work my way up. I am going to do that once the beta is over.

I have some time this week so let's see how it goes.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:19 AM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I started with Celtic, to ease my way into the game. Got a Champions League group of Barcelona, Man City and Olympiakos. X_X
Old 10-26-2021, 05:37 AM   #12
whomario
Pro Starter

Hyped for this one after barely playing '21 lately for various reasons. Think i might start at Barcelona, what with the Salary Cap and their debt actually being decently implemented it seems like (there's possibly a bug with Griezmans contract though, 80% yearly wage increase, so be interesting when that is fixed or if it is working correctly and only looks weird. Might just be FMs way to implement the wage cut he took).
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 10-26-2021 at 05:41 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:46 AM   #13
miami_fan
Coordinator

I like the staff meetings. I am probably in the minority because who the hell like meetings. It helps with immersion and forces me to take the actions that I say I need to make but don't after the meeting has ended.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #14
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

As I said v14 was my last FM. I forgot how much it is like entering a new job and going to work. That is a compliment. Haven't even gotten to my first friendly against my second team yet. Instead getting to know my staff and players, attending meetings, and offering a couple of contracts for more backroom help. Delegating many tasks to staff until I wrap my head around all that needs to be done.

OOTP is and, I think, will always be my favorite sports game. That is probably because of growing up watching baseball. But nothing compares to FM in immersing you in a world where you feel like you are actually running a team.

I normally get into an FM career and run out of gas with it being such a time sink. Retired this year so hoping I can keep my momentum and carry on with v22 over the next couple of years (real not game) and finally build a legitimate dynasty.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:09 PM   #15
bhlloy
Coordinator

Nothing compares to spending hours in preseason setting everything up just the way you like it, developing a tactic that makes perfect sense to you and performs well in friendlies only to get absolutely destroyed leading you to just download a bunch of tactics off the internet again for the third year running

I’m all in on this again after saying I wouldn’t be, but I’m at least holding out for the full release. But yeah, the amount of time to put in to actually be good at the game without taking a bunch of shortcuts is immense - can’t be far off actually managing an amateur team at a half decent level.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:24 PM   #16
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
As I said v14 was my last FM. I forgot how much it is like entering a new job and going to work. That is a compliment. Haven't even gotten to my first friendly against my second team yet. Instead getting to know my staff and players, attending meetings, and offering a couple of contracts for more backroom help. Delegating many tasks to staff until I wrap my head around all that needs to be done.

OOTP is and, I think, will always be my favorite sports game. That is probably because of growing up watching baseball. But nothing compares to FM in immersing you in a world where you feel like you are actually running a team.

I normally get into an FM career and run out of gas with it being such a time sink. Retired this year so hoping I can keep my momentum and carry on with v22 over the next couple of years (real not game) and finally build a legitimate dynasty.

Football Manager does a great job of making you feel you're managing a team of real players, not just a bunch of stats. Players interact, they have personalities, and relationships with other staff/players/teams. It's awesome.

I don't even like this sport, but definitely acknowledge how great this game is. I've been buying it since 1993, I still remember importing it from Europe when I was in college, back when nobody on this side of the planet even knew about the game.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:34 PM   #17
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Football Manager does a great job of making you feel you're managing a team of real players, not just a bunch of stats. Players interact, they have personalities, and relationships with other staff/players/teams. It's awesome.

I don't even like this sport, but definitely acknowledge how great this game is. I've been buying it since 1993, I still remember importing it from Europe when I was in college, back when nobody on this side of the planet even knew about the game.
It is just deeper and better than any other management game by ten-thousand miles. Unfortunately there will never be money in making an equivalent for an American sport.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:45 AM   #18
whomario
Pro Starter

Anybody looking for a challenge while still having some top tier players in a high stakes league consider Valencia. Had a gander about Yesterday, starting with a dozen clubs to see how they are set up. Valencia have a mere 50 mio (all Euros ) in Wage budget this year, almost no transfer budget now or next season and the Balance projection stays about equal, meaning all those are the "true budgets". So you need to either make the Champions League again fast or sell to buy. Which in the first window is hella difficult since even when turned on most clubs have little budget.
Tried to sell Guedes, the highest valued player, but he refused the lone offer neat valuation by Newcastle and then i had to promise to keep him ... The other option would he Carlos Soler, who does not want to renew his contract (going to 2023 only) but i'd really like to try and convince him to stay with a good season.

So essentially you are stuck with what you have (i did sell a couple bit players and a CB for 12 mio to finance a better fitting young CB and a CDM), which actually might be a good thing as it makes you less likely to obsess over transfers and racing to get info on players. Just take your time and get in on the action year 2.

Current Squad has some quality. Plus an american Wonderkid

Other interesting options in top leagues but not top teams:

- Stuttgart/Bundesliga: Decent looking squad, but one issue: 4 of your best and highest value 5/6 players are injured long term. Plenty of money (FM totally overrates finances in Germany) though coming over the years id guess.

- Sassuolo/Serie A: Plenty of talent, juuust below European Football places. Perfect club to do a buy low/sell high type save and work towards breaking into the top spots.

- Fiorentina/Serie A: A step above Sassuolo and already paying big time money to some players.

None of the clubs in Europe, which again helps streamline the first season before the real fun starts once one is settled.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote