Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2021, 10:34 AM   #2001
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Florida man, 76, jailed for performing botched CASTRATION on a man he met on eunuch fetish website | Daily Mail Online

So remember guys, if you ever want to be castrated, call someone other than FloridaMan.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #2002
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This was a big news story a couple of weeks ago while we were on vacation in New Hampshire. Glad to see it has a happy ending.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle...0148c41054db2f
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-19-2021 at 06:20 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #2003
AlexB
Pro Starter

Man dies after using superglue to seal penis shut instead of using condom
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #2004
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm just going to not click on that link - title's enough, thanks

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:10 PM   #2005
miami_fan
Coordinator

Provided there was a good seal, I think we can put this right next to abstinence as 100% guarantees that pregnancy won't occur.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:22 PM   #2006
Ksyrup

I skimmed it and I think he died more from the mixture of the glue with drugs that they used to get high, then decided what the hell let's use the same mixture as a makeshift condom. I don't think it was solely due to a blockage caused by the glue which is what the title suggests.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #2007
AlexB
Pro Starter

Yeah, the story is actually about a reaction to the adhesive, but it’s a hell of a headline!
Old 08-27-2021, 10:39 AM   #2008
Critch
lolzcat

Reminded me of this:

Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 02:26 PM   #2009
Ksyrup

Of all the ways to die, dying in an elevator that shoots up 30 stories was not even on my radar.

Girl Dies After The Elevator She Was In Shoots Up 30 Floors | IFLScience
Old 09-05-2021, 06:58 AM   #2010
PilotMan
Head Coach

That suuuuuucks

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #2011
miami_fan
Coordinator

Medical mystery: Woman gives birth to children, discovers her twin is actually the biological mother

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... SCIENCE.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-23-2021, 01:57 PM   #2012
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Rescuers save puppy kidnapped by monkey for three days
Old 09-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #2013
JPhillips
General Manager

The puppy was quoted, saying, "They're our guys! They're Americans! They're Delta Force!"
Old 09-25-2021, 06:52 PM   #2014
AlexB
Pro Starter

Scots boozer baffled as woman 'spikes own drink' then complains about being drugged - Daily Record
Old 09-28-2021, 10:44 AM   #2015
Critch
lolzcat

Woman Accused of Starting Fawn Fire Was Boiling Bear Urine to Drink

At least she was boiling it. Cold would be disgusting.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #2016
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Sadly, my first thought at that article is "thank goodness it wasn't PG&E."
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #2017
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Woman Accused of Starting Fawn Fire Was Boiling Bear Urine to Drink

At least she was boiling it. Cold would be disgusting.

Often the story does not live up to the headline, but there was more than enough other weird stuff in that story to live up to the initial billing.

Also, my wife, when hearing just the headline: "How do you get enough urine to do that? Do you go up to hibernating bears and put their paw in warm water?"

SI

Old 09-28-2021, 04:19 PM   #2018
miami_fan
Coordinator

Young Scandinavians Are Sticking Nicotine Pouches Up Their Asses
Old 09-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #2019
Ksyrup

This is more of a YouTube video than a story, but it will eventually be put into story form, so why not just skip right to song? This has taken social media by storm today, it seems.

Old 09-30-2021, 02:23 PM   #2020
Ksyrup

This is awesome.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-30-2021 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:56 PM   #2021
molson
General Manager

We all should take some drunken time here and there to find ourselves.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 03:18 PM   #2022
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is more of a YouTube video than a story, but it will eventually be put into story form, so why not just skip right to song? This has taken social media by storm today, it seems.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:44 PM   #2023
sabotai
General Manager

In case anyone didn't know, the war on heavy metal from the 1980s is still being fought.

Parents Want High School Principal Removed For Listening To IRON MAIDEN; Students Rally Behind Her - Loaded Radio

Quote:
High school students are rallying behind their metalhead principal after a number of concerned parents have been petitioning to have her removed for stating on her personal Instagram profile that she listens to IRON MAIDEN.

Quote:
The student’s petition is in response to a petition laid out by a number parents (who are obviously not IRON MAIDEN fans) of some of the students who claim the following: “As concerned parents with impressionable children at Eden High School in St. Catharines, Ontario, we are deeply disturbed that the principal assigned to the school blatantly showed Satanic symbols and her allegiance to Satanic practices on her public social media platforms where all the students can see them under @edenprincipal (not her personal account). Our school is based on inclusion, and openly displaying Satanic symbols (on a public social media platform) that directly goes against the principles of the vast majority of families who represent the school, is not inclusive. As parents we are demanding her transfer to another school. Please replace her with another principal who aligns with the values of the families at Eden and will not sabotage the teaching or upholding of those values and will not try to introduce impressionable students to Satanic practices or symbolism.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:07 PM   #2024
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wouldn't this basically be like parents trying to get a principal in the 90s fired because she said she liked Elvis and they didn't like how he swung his hips?

SI

Old 10-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #2025
miami_fan
Coordinator

Was Iron Maiden one of the bands whose records the adults of the 80's were spinning backwards searching for devil worship?
Old 10-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #2026
Ksyrup

Meanwhile, Indonesia's president is an over the top metal head.

Maiden got shit for The Number of the Beast, but the ironic part is they are one of the most educated metal bands in the world. They regularly write about history and literature. I wrote my junior and senior high school English papers on Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Charge of the Light Brigade (The Trooper), both of which inspired Maiden songs. And Bruce Dickinson is basically a modern day Renaissance man. He's not only a metal singer and literature/history buff, but he's a pilot who flies the band's plane on their tours.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-09-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 05:16 AM   #2027
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
In case anyone didn't know, the war on heavy metal from the 1980s is still being fought.

Parents Want High School Principal Removed For Listening To IRON MAIDEN; Students Rally Behind Her - Loaded Radio

Quote:
Our school is based on inclusion…
and to demonstrate this we’d like to exclude someone who we don’t like
Old 10-09-2021, 05:54 AM   #2028
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Meanwhile, Indonesia's president is an over the top metal head.

Had to look it up. That is pretty cool.

Quote:
Indonesia's President Joko Widodo has paid 11m rupiah ($800; £600) to keep a rare Metallica album he received as a gift, to avoid any conflict of interest, local media report.

The signed, limited-edition vinyl box set of Metallica's Master of Puppets was given to Mr Widodo by the Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen when he visited in November 2017, the website Kompas reports.

The president - popularly known as Jokowi - is a well-known metalhead and fan of the band. His attendance at rock concerts is part of his appeal to many as a person who mixes with regular people.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:03 AM   #2029
PilotMan
Head Coach

Town 'haunted' by child singing creepy nursery rhyme for year finally learn where it's coming from - Mirror Online

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2021, 07:21 AM   #2030
Ksyrup

This has gone national, as I expected. Note that the principal is also the town mayor.

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people allow these things to happen and not one person in an authority position says, "Uh guys, perhaps this isn't going to look all that great once the inevitable pics and videos hit social media."

Kentucky school's Man Pageant, lap dances lead to disciplinary action
Old 10-28-2021, 09:04 AM   #2031
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
This has gone national, as I expected. Note that the principal is also the town mayor.

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people allow these things to happen and not one person in an authority position says, "Uh guys, perhaps this isn't going to look all that great once the inevitable pics and videos hit social media."

Kentucky school's Man Pageant, lap dances lead to disciplinary action

I read that and thought it really wasn't that different from stuff we used to do in high school. I thought it was pretty damn tame, and the KY parents that were up in arms about it should probably focus more on their kids getting some sort of sorely lacking sex education, rather than what kids do during a pep rally.

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2021, 10:06 AM   #2032
Ksyrup

Seriously? That is beyond inappropriate in a school setting. I'm not sure what any of that has to do with a pep rally to begin with - or why you would link it to sex education...?
Old 10-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #2033
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm with Ksyrup. I know stuff happens off-campus, but I can't imagine a scenario where this is an appropriate in-school activity. It's simply shocking that nobody had the sense to nix this.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:34 PM   #2034
PilotMan
Head Coach

I really think it's a nothingburger and the mortality police need to give teenage students a break, and let them have a bit of breathing room.

Like Steam?

Old 10-29-2021, 08:24 AM   #2035
Ksyrup

Not in school, and especially not WITH teachers. That's insane. And was back in the 80s too.

Also... LOL at mortality police.
Old 10-29-2021, 08:33 AM   #2036
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

Also... LOL at mortality police.

true

Like Steam?

Old 10-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #2037
JPhillips
General Manager

UCSB is building a 4500 person dorm with no windows in bedrooms because a 97 year old donor demands it.

Architect Resigns in Protest over UCSB Mega-Dorm
Old 10-29-2021, 02:45 PM   #2038
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

This is what you do when you're crazy and rich, right?

I woke up yesterday, wondering if this sort of design drives people to suicide or helps innovation. Here's $200M to put this to the test. Who cares if the peasants die: it's science!

EDIT: I wonder if there's also some odd legacy chasing mixed in. Like maybe he's banking on overpopulation and if this sort of "high density" housing takes off, in 500 years, they'll still have "Munger cities", which would far outlast any silly single building he could donate like a library or whatever.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-29-2021 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:05 PM   #2039
Edward64
Head Coach

It's pretty obvious he wants the kids to be ready for the zombie apocalypse.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:50 AM   #2040
Edward64
Head Coach

Some people just deserves the death penalty (and her boyfriend too). She must be "mentally ill" but better to just get these people out of the gene pool. I really really hope those kids find much better foster parents to live with.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/29/us/mo...eks/index.html
Quote:
The mother of the three siblings who were found abandoned in a home along with the body of their brother told CNN affiliate KHOU she checked on her children "every two weeks."

Gloria Y. Williams, 35, told KHOU in an exclusive interview from jail she did not know her 8-year-old son was dead.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:14 AM   #2041
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
UCSB is building a 4500 person dorm with no windows in bedrooms because a 97 year old donor demands it.

Architect Resigns in Protest over UCSB Mega-Dorm

So they are building a prison on campus?
Old 10-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #2042
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So they are building a prison on campus?

Pretty sure prison cells have to have natural light.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 05:28 PM   #2043
Ksyrup

I guess it was his time.

Brazil news: Man eaten by piranhas after jumping into lake to escape bees
Old 11-04-2021, 05:35 PM   #2044
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

All part of God's plan.

Like Steam?

Old 11-11-2021, 07:18 AM   #2045
miami_fan
Coordinator

PSG's Aminata Diallo arrested after attack on club teammate
Old 11-11-2021, 10:49 PM   #2046
Critch
lolzcat

COVID-19: Vienna brothel offers customers 30 minutes with 'lady of their choice' in exchange for coronavirus jab
Old 11-16-2021, 10:50 AM   #2047
miami_fan
Coordinator

Brass Against Apologizes After Lead Singer Pees on Fan’s Face Mid-Show
Old 11-16-2021, 10:59 AM   #2048
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Mmmmm, Roger Waters spit on a fan and then he wrote The Wall.

I wonder what album this will lead to.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 11-16-2021 at 10:59 AM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:34 AM   #2049
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Mmmmm, Roger Waters spit on a fan and then he wrote The Wall.

I wonder what album this will lead to.

The Urinal?

SI

Old 11-16-2021, 12:39 PM   #2050
JPhillips
General Manager

I thought GG Allin was dead.