Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #201
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I've really been getting into minifigure collecting the last several months. This thread got me interested in collecting Legos so I figured I'd post a few photos here even though not everything I have is actually Lego.

Uploaded all of them to a flickr account in case anyone is interested in checking out all the photos of the display cases I currently have:

hxxps://www.flickr.com/photos/134075262@N06/sets/72157655560542080

FOFC1.jpg

FOFC2.jpg

FOFC3.jpg

FOFC6.jpg
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 10:44 PM   #202
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I've really been getting into minifigure collecting the last several months. This thread got me interested in collecting Legos so I figured I'd post a few photos here even though not everything I have is actually Lego.

So now you just have to knock out NHL, MLS (released at the end of this month in player versions), mascots, hall of famers, minor leaguers and a few colleges. So glad they don't do Vandy so I don't have to do this with the SEC.

Also wish they would get agreement with NBA settled (fighting over hair pieces) so we completed the set with C3 for NBA and the 8 million WWE guys my kid has.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #203
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
So now you just have to knock out NHL, MLS (released at the end of this month in player versions), mascots, hall of famers, minor leaguers and a few colleges. So glad they don't do Vandy so I don't have to do this with the SEC.

Also wish they would get agreement with NBA settled (fighting over hair pieces) so we completed the set with C3 for NBA and the 8 million WWE guys my kid has.

That's be a lot of display cases. I'd be tempted to do one for college if they made Indiana (favorite team from a major conference), Ball State (alumni), and Andrew Luck in a Stanford uniform (Indianapolis Colts fan).

I think I would probably end up doing this for NBA if OYO ever makes NBA players. Not really a fan of C3s or Megablocks minifigure designs unfortunately. I grew up with Legos and their figure designs are just to different then Lego so they don't have that nostalgic feel to them that makes me want to collect them.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #204
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sorry if this has been brought up before (I'm a Lego fan, but not really in synch with very much of this thread)...

Everblock Systems

I just got a promo email from them today, had not heard of the product. Expensive ($*+ for full-size blocks) but a fascinating, if obvious, idea.

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-25-2015 at 08:20 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #205
Grover
Pro Starter

Recently added to my collection.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #206
bob
College Starter

What's everyone's thoughts on Lego Dimensions? The game itself looks cool, but man, my wallet hurts just looking at it. I'd wait for the price drops, but given the adult collectors, I'm not sure that's really going to happen.

Last edited by bob : 10-04-2015 at 04:17 PM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #207
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Alas, I don't think I can get out of not getting it. My oldest daughter is a certifiable Dr. Who fan, so I think we're committed to getting the game and that set for her, damn any negative reviews the game might get. Throw in Star Wars for Infinity 3.0 and Christmas is looking like a rather expensive one at this rate.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 11:37 PM   #208
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
What's everyone's thoughts on Lego Dimensions? The game itself looks cool, but man, my wallet hurts just looking at it. I'd wait for the price drops, but given the adult collectors, I'm not sure that's really going to happen.

the only thing saving me is the fact that a year after graduation i'm still stuck in the part-time labor force.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:37 PM   #209
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I've been itching to get this...

The SHIELD Helicarrier

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 10-13-2015 at 03:38 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #210
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I took the plunge and purchased the Helicarrier. Surprisingly, I didn't get too much backlash from the wife. In fact, letting her help build the set (which is has so far taken a week of 1-2 hour daily sessions, and we're not even halfway done) has gotten her hooked on Lego and has been scouring the web for more sets to buy/build.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #211
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
I took the plunge and purchased the Helicarrier. Surprisingly, I didn't get too much backlash from the wife. In fact, letting her help build the set (which is has so far taken a week of 1-2 hour daily sessions, and we're not even halfway done) has gotten her hooked on Lego and has been scouring the web for more sets to buy/build.

Brilliant. Good on you!

Very disappointed to see Wall-E on backorder until March. Was high up on my Xmas list.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:51 AM   #212
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Juicy.

For scale, this is sitting atop a mahjong table, which is about 33" x 33" square.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #213
Grover
Pro Starter

Daaaamn. That's a nice piece of Lego.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #214
Grover
Pro Starter

Here Are the First Official Shots of the Lego GhostbustersÂ*Firehouse HQ Set

This is what I'm saving my pennies for.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:46 AM   #215
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

$350, 4,634 pieces? Wow.

My wife and I were just at the Lego store, and she had been eyeing the Death Star (10188) for $400

I have quite a decision to make.

Though I'm starting to think that, ultimately, I will be buying both...
Old 11-02-2015, 10:21 AM   #216
Grover
Pro Starter

Yeah the Firehouse seems like extremely good value per piece.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #217
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Very disappointed to see Wall-E on backorder until March. Was high up on my Xmas list.

Looks like Lego shop has him back in stock.

LEGO Shop

(EDIT) Hmm.. looks like they pulled the page from their site...

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 11-03-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #218
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
$350, 4,634 pieces? Wow.

My wife and I were just at the Lego store, and she had been eyeing the Death Star (10188) for $400

I have quite a decision to make.

Though I'm starting to think that, ultimately, I will be buying both...

There's a chance the Death Star may be retired at the end of this year though I'd think they'd come out with a new version eventually if they did. It's been out since 2008 apparently which is a lot longer then most sets are on shelves (though that makes sense since it's so huge).

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LHUyi1PRUY
Old 11-03-2015, 11:52 PM   #219
AnalBumCover
College Starter

If this is the case, then maybe my decision will be made for me. I've been resisting the urge to buy anything Star Wars, because there are so many sets and minifigures, that if I start a collection of Star Wars, it would dry up my wallet. So far the only Star Wars pieces have just been the micro fighters, which is just fine with me.

If they retire the Death Star, then I won't feel bad for missing out.

The theme I've been limiting myself to is the Marvel Super Heroes sets. It's a much smaller scale than Star Wars.

Eventually I hope to soon out grow that phase and move towards modular buildings and create my own town. Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ might be a good place to start.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 11-03-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:57 PM   #220
bob
College Starter

If you act quick, you can get a pretty decent deal on Lego Dimensions at Target right now:

- $100 base price
- Price match to $85 (Walmart / Amazon)
- Get 35% off with Target Cartwheel coupon
- Get 10% off with 10% Off – Toys to Life Purchase, $50 or more, Target Mobile Coupon (exp 11/21) Text GAMER1 to 827438
- Get 5% off using Target Red Card

After tax, got our copy for under $50.

Last edited by bob : 11-17-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:46 PM   #221
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I sold all my Legos a couple of years ago. I had LOTR, City, HP, Castle, Pirate...all sorts of stuff but no real rhyme or reason to it.

Yesterday, I got Star Wars fever and bought a snowspeeder. My twin 6 year olds had a ball with it. Here I go again...though this time it will be only Star Wars. Already learned you simply can't keep up otherwise.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 AM   #222
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
though this time it will be only Star Wars. Already learned you simply can't keep up otherwise.

I hear you on that. I think I'm already falling into the multi-theme trap myself. Our collection had only started with Lego Friends to have something my daughter can build/play. Then I decided to branch out into Marvel Superheroes.

That's it; nothing else, I told myself. And then I got the SHIELD Helicarrier. My wife got so into building it (it was a REALLY fun build), that she wanted more. MOAR!

My mistake of getting the Helicarrier so early was that the build is so complex, doing the more simple projects like Lego Friends is so unsatisfying, so my wife and I long for more advanced sets.

At the Lego store she saw 10188 Death Star. 75060 Slave I. 75095 TIE Fighter. All fully built and on proud display. Now she wants Star Wars.

This, after we both agreed on just moving on to Expert Creator sets. We have 10232 Palace Cinema and 10247 Ferris Wheel still in boxes, waiting to be opened. I asked for 10218 Pet Shop as a Xmas gift (before Lego decides to retire it).

Until recently we had successfully resisted buying anything Star Wars. Then I saw someone selling a sealed 75055 Star Destroyer on OfferUp for $100. I couldn't pass that up.

And now my Star Wars collection has begun.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #223
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Lego must coat their bricks in some sort of highly addictive drug.

At my height, I had a city block of the fire station, grand emporium, and town hall. Loved the challenge of those sets, and I do miss them, but somehow they weren't nearly as "fun" after the build if that makes any sense. Star Wars seems to have that factor with the added bonus of getting my sons involved. My oldest kind of came and went with Lego, but my twin 6 year olds love it. Seems like a no brainer.

Though I will say there's one non-Star Wars set I want: the Sopwith Camel. It would make a great visual in my eventual game room when the basement gets finished next year.

And here I am already making exceptions. Just this one. i swear.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #224
General Mike
Pro Starter

Im notba LEGO collector, but I've spent way too much money on Lego Dimensions.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #225
Kodos
Resident Alien

Witness the birth of a Lego Millennium Falcon - CNET

This is awesome.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #226
Bobble
College Prospect

You can get cheap Lego minifigs (<$1 per fig) here if you don't mind the Chinese source:

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

They even have blank, unprinted ones that I thought would be cool for some DIY stuff:

Limited Supplies Blank Unprinted Minifigure Pure Color Minifigures Packed in Sealed Opp Bag MOC custom Blocks Children Gift Toy-in Blocks from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I've purchased other things from that site and only had to deal with minor shenanigans but bear in mind that you are buying from China with more limited protection than you're used to.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #227
AnalBumCover
College Starter

On my wishlist to buy among the new releases are 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ, and 10251 Brick Bank.

I am just getting started on expert build sets, 10218 Pet Shop, and man... just on the first floor, and I'm in awe at the level of detail and of the solid construction they put into the set.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #228
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
You can get cheap Lego minifigs (<$1 per fig) here if you don't mind the Chinese source:

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

They even have blank, unprinted ones that I thought would be cool for some DIY stuff:

Limited Supplies Blank Unprinted Minifigure Pure Color Minifigures Packed in Sealed Opp Bag MOC custom Blocks Children Gift Toy-in Blocks from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I've purchased other things from that site and only had to deal with minor shenanigans but bear in mind that you are buying from China with more limited protection than you're used to.

Might be a cheap way to build some Star Wars armies for my boys. How's the quality of the figures compared to Lego?
Old 06-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #229
bob
College Starter

LEGO Dimensions packs based on 16 new entertainment properties will begin launching on September 27, 2016 with the Ghostbusters Story Pack, Adventure Time and Mission: Impossible Level Packs, Harry Potter and Adventure Time Team Packs, and The A-Team Fun Pack. Additional expansion packs based on other highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The LEGO® Batman Movie and wildly popular properties The Goonies, Sonic The Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO® City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuice and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial will be released in product waves stretching into summer of next year. All expansion packs provide players with continued compatibility to use everything from waves 1-9 interchangeably, anywhere throughout the game. And no new starter pack is required, as all new packs will simply enhance the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack game and work with the existing LEGO Toy Pad.

I'm not sure basing the major expansion on the new Ghostbusters movie, which the world is just waiting to rip apart, is the best idea. But that's a lot of cool properties.

Last edited by bob : 06-09-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #230
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
LEGO Dimensions packs based on 16 new entertainment properties will begin launching on September 27, 2016 with the Ghostbusters Story Pack, Adventure Time and Mission: Impossible Level Packs, Harry Potter and Adventure Time Team Packs, and The A-Team Fun Pack. Additional expansion packs based on other highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The LEGO® Batman Movie and wildly popular properties The Goonies, Sonic The Hedgehog, Teen Titans Go!, LEGO® City Undercover, Knight Rider, The Powerpuff Girls, Gremlins, Beetlejuice and E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial will be released in product waves stretching into summer of next year. All expansion packs provide players with continued compatibility to use everything from waves 1-9 interchangeably, anywhere throughout the game. And no new starter pack is required, as all new packs will simply enhance the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack game and work with the existing LEGO Toy Pad.

I'm not sure basing the major expansion on the new Ghostbusters movie, which the world is just waiting to rip apart, is the best idea. But that's a lot of cool properties.

With Disney Infinity now out of the Toys-to-Life market, I'm wondering if LEGO will expand their Disney license into Dimensions.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #231
bob
College Starter

I expect so, but I think the Disney Infinity decision came too late for this round of Lego Dimensions releases.
Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 PM   #232
AnalBumCover
College Starter

My next big purchase (help me decide which one)?

10246 Detective's Office...............$159.99
10253 Big Ben............................$249.99
71040 The Disney Castle..............$349.99 (coming 9/1)
75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ..$349.99

I have $115 in VIP rewards that I can use towards purchase.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:35 PM   #233
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Just finished watching the Hobbit trilogy and really missing my Hobbit/LotR Legos now.

As for which to it, if you prefer sets with minifigs, the Dectective's Office looks fantastic. Otherwise, I'd probably go with Big Ben. Looks great and very iconic.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #234
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My next big purchase (help me decide which one)?

10246 Detective's Office...............$159.99
10253 Big Ben............................$249.99
71040 The Disney Castle..............$349.99 (coming 9/1)
75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ..$349.99

I have $115 in VIP rewards that I can use towards purchase.

Depends on where you plan to put it, whether you're nostalgic about any of these, and what else you already have.

If you plan to put it on a bookshelf then the Disney Castle and Ghostbusters HQs might not be a good choices depending on your bookshelf's dimensions. For example, my display bookshelves are 11.5 inches in depth while the castle I read is 12 inches deep and the Ghostbusters HQs 14 inches deep .

If you've been to Big Ben that or if you're collecting other landmarks then that might be a good pick. If that's the only landmark lego you have and you've never been there or the UK, not sure how cool that would be a year from now.

The Detective Office might be neat if you have other modular buildings or looking to start collecting those.

If you have soft spot for Disney the Castle would be cool or if you liked Ghostbusters as a child then the Headquarters might be cool.

Last edited by Racer : 07-19-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #235
AnalBumCover
College Starter

So I will scratch Big Ben from the list as I really have no emotional connection to it.

I have most of the current (not yet retired) modular except for detective. Though only two of them have been built so far.

I've wanted the Ghostbusters HQ since it came out, but now that Disney Castle was announced, I've gotta decision to make. Disney Castle will probably win out since our family is practically a slave to the Mouse.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 07-19-2016 at 09:56 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #236
AnalBumCover
College Starter

71040 Disney Castle is available for early purchase for VIP members (membership is free, no purchase necessary).
Old 08-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #237
bob
College Starter

We are going to have to pass on the castle. With three daughters that aren't the best at sharing their lego sets, buying one is stupidity and buying three is insanity.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #238
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post

Every time I go to Toys R Us I will grab a C3 by the register. It's been four times. I have one Dwayne Wade, and 3 Paul Georges. Cmon!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 09:49 AM   #239
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I was always a major Lego fan growing up, and then my youngest daughter was a big Lego fan until about 13. I got my fill building with her, but since then, I haven't really thought much about it.

And then I saw this is coming out on November 1:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-titanic-10294

Lego's largest set ever, 9090 pieces. I am seriously tempted, even at $630.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-16-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote