Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League) > FOOL Trade Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Chico-Boston 2018

3B Andelbeek - FOOL
SP Silander - FOOL
1B Lacombe - A

for

SP Jen

Thanks for the trade gstelmack. It was quick and easy. Best of luck with the prospects my friend!

buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Confirmed. Andelbeek and Silander may actually get a chance to play in the ML this season depending on how FA shakes out, and Lacombe will get a shot in a couple of seasons. Most importantly we shed some salary so we can be active in FA to try and fill some gaps.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Andelbeek was on my prelim list for the Next 10 last week, and will liekly have a good shot of getting on it this week.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

I was planning on going in a little bit of a rebuilding mode and having Andelbeek start at 3B this year, but it seems like everybody is trying to rebuild so I might as well be different right? Too bad the left side of my infield is shaping up to be horrible

BTW Romero + Jen > RL :P

Last edited by buckinbranco : 05-06-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Completed

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

This is probably the second worst trade I've ever done. It's only eclipsed by the Glas trade I made right before we restarted.

Jen's production really dropped off once he came to Chico, and then he left for free agency the next season! Wow that sucks, especially when you consider what Boston got in this deal.

Andelbeek hasn't panned out in Boston. He has been a below average player in three major league seasons. Silander has been average to above average in his 2 year stint in the majors. Last year he posted a 22 VORP.

Lacombe has still not reached the majors yet, but he will soon and he should be a good power bat for a good long while. I would really like to have him back as I could use a good catcher, my other catching prospect has pretty much busted

This deal already looks horrible for Chico, and it will only look worse as time moves one. Boston will likely get several years of above average production from both Silander and Lacombe. Gstelmack really fleeced me in this trade. Never trade with him...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

bump.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Silander is looking like a decent middle-of-the-rotation guy, and definitely better than Jen after the trade. Andelbeek never quite developed his power or his eye and that's holding him back.

Lacombe is getting a check in spring training and may or may not get his ML start this season. He's really a catcher at heart and may get the nod there over Cuervas, or he may try 1B again, or he may just make the roster as a pinch hitter, not sure.

And FWIW, I usually get fleeced in trades, which is why I rarely do them unless it's a clear move for me. In this case I wasn't going to compete even with Jen at his top form, and this would still have been a good trade had he pitched a couple of good years for you.

Last edited by gstelmack : 05-30-2009 at 06:25 AM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote