Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2004, 04:21 PM   #1
NAIWF
College Prospect

Thumbs up Manhattan Marauders Season 22 Dynasty

I deleted all of my old threads when I was pretty close to quitting Hat Trick as a whole, so there's no history to provide. I will however briefly go through my starters, trainees, predictions and all of that junk before this Wednesday's Cup opener in which I play a human owned but mediocre Div 6 squad. Everyone will be aged a year since we're due for the global birthday tomorrow or Sunday anyway.

MARAUDERS STARTING 11

Goalie: # 1 - Aimo Hasan
20 years, inadequate form, healthy
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities

Nationality: Suomi
Assessed value: 731 000 US$
Wage: 4 776 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Goaltending: formidable

Aimo's form has been inadequate most of the season, which I'm hoping will eventually mean an upswing is coming soon. If he ever is consistently solid I'd expect my defensive ratings to be better. I might have overpaid by about 200K for him ($1.5M), but he's already put up 6 clean sheets in just 12 starts. He'll be my starter for at least another 2-3 seasons, and should be at about weak experience by then so I expect to make back most of the money I spent on him when I make my next upgrade here.

DEFENSE:

# 3 - Anders Wiling

20 years, inadequate form, healthy
Has poor experience and passable leadership abilities

Nationality: Sverige
Assessed value: 222 000 US$
Wage: 1 824 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: passable Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: excellent +7
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: disastrous

# 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado
20 years, solid form, healthy
Has wretched experience and weak leadership abilities

Nationality: Argentina
Assessed value: 178 000 US$
Wage: 1 404 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: wretched
Winger: weak Defending: excellent +6
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: inadequate

# 7 - Cory Eddy
Has wretched experience and poor leadership abilities

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 137 000 US$
Wage: 890 US$/week

Stamina: weak Goaltending: disastrous
Winger: poor Defending: excellent + 2
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor
---
Anders' form nosedived two levels yesterday, so he might struggle a bit this season, but when he's in good form he tends to stay there, and he already has poor experience, so I'm happy with him. I only paid 10 K for him back when I was training defense (purchased 4/25).

Collado is a menace and has picked up 9 yellows and 3 red cards over his career, getting suspended at least once annually! However, his form is generally high and he's going to be playing whenever possible since Wiling might have an "off year" form wise. Collado was just a 3K investment back in April as well.

Cory Eddy is my most consistent defender but until recently his pisspoor stamina was an issue. Now that he's up to weak, I shouldn't get any more fatigued defender events which is nice. I'll train a week of stamina midseason because I've got back to back games with bots and that will certainly help my whole squad. Eddy was picked up for 30K last year.

If everyone is in their current form, my defense ratings should be somewhere near - brilliant/outstanding/formidable at the least, with the brilliant side being the one with 2 defenders. If Hasan and Wiling get in shape so to speak, add a level or so to each.

MIDFIELD

# 12 - Peter Håkansson

Assessed value: 929 000 US$
Wage: 2 244 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: outstanding +7 Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: weak
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

# 14 - Ulf Borgbrant
21 years, solid form, healthy

Speciality: Quick

Assessed value: 1 007 000 US$

Playmaking: brilliant Passing: weak
Winger: weak Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

# 16 - Ib Hvidt
22 years, passable form, healthy
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities

Nationality: Danmark
Assessed value: 950 000 US$
Wage: 3 144 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: brilliant Passing: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: wretched
---
I paid 679,400 for Peter when he was a soon to be 19 yo formidable player in poor form. He played the first half of the season with the B team, while Ruslan Kirs started. Once Håkansson got to inadequate form he moved into the starting lineup and has played very well since. All 3 of my middies were supposed to jump to brilliant in 2 weeks, but he's the only one who didn't get there early. In any case, he should pop to brilliant this upcoming week or the one after, but will definitely make magnificent by the end of the year barring injury. He'll be on the team perhaps one more season and should bring in a nice chunk of money when I finally sell him at world class or maybe even supernatural.

Ulf Borgbrant became the first "Million Dollar Marauder" yesterday when he made the jump to brilliant PM. This will likely be his final year with the team, but there is a chance I will keep him until the middle of next year depending on whether I promote and how my financials are doing. It might make sense for me to hold onto him until he reached World Class, which would happen sometimes near mid season next year. Ulf was brought in for $743,580 as a weak form, formidable playerfor the final game of season 20.

Hvidt is currently on the transfer wire for $2 million. If he sells, I'll be purchasing a stud striker, if not, he'll be relisted towards the end of the year when he makes it to magnificent. He's too old to stick around another year, but he's been one of my best players in recent weeks. Ib joined the team at the end of season 20 for 765K. If he sells for the minimum list price, I'll pocket just about $1 million for a season's worth of training, which isn't too bad considering he has no secondaries.

If Hvidt doesn't sell, I'm about a formidable/excellent midfield playing normal at the start of the season. If he goes, I'll probably drop a level, but my offense will improve dramatically since I'd be acquiring a forward at least 3 levels better than anyone I have right now.

WINGERS

# 10 - Jamey Judd

28 years, passable form, healthy
Has inadequate experience and wretched leadership abilities

Assessed value: 289 000 US$
Wage: 2 070 US$/week

Playmaking: solid Passing: passable
Winger: solid Defending: weak
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: inadequate

Judd is the ONLY original Marauder left on the team, and is close to reaching passable exp. Just yesterday he bumped up in PM skill, and he carried my team through our first 2 seasons earning more game MVP honors than anyone who has worn the Marauders colors and playing in the most games in team history as well! This is likely his final season with the team as I plan to upgrade the wing when I sell Borgbrant.

# 11 - Jonathan Iglesias
24 years, solid form, healthy
Has poor experience and solid leadership abilities

Speciality: Unpredictable

Assessed value: 251 000 US$
Wage: 1 824 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: solid Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: solid
Winger: solid Defending: wretched
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: poor

Iglesias is a legitimate clown, and has been a steady performer since joining the team on Halloween for just under 140K. He'll never be thrown off of the team unless I pull another clown with a cheaper wage since I need him to mitigate the TS losses by my solid/poor coach.

FORWARDS

#20 - Cristof Lentz

31 years, solid form, healthy
Has inadequate experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Speciality: Powerful

Nationality: Deutschland
Assessed value: 64 000 US$
Wage: 1 176 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: solid Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: solid

Cristof is the all time leading scorer for the Marauders with 38 goals in 28 games. He owns basically every offensive record on the team and was purchased for just $90,800. He's due for an experience bump, and I may be able to sell him off for about 500K since he would make an excellent coaching candidate if someone is patient enough to wait for him to reach solid exp.

#21 - Cezar Lupescu
29 years, passable form, healthy
Has inadequate experience and passable leadership abilities

Nationality: România
Assessed value: 341 000 US$
Wage: 3 804 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: passable
Winger: inadequate Defending: passable
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: weak

I paid 890K on January 27th for Lupescu mainly because he will become a coach in the future. I'm just waiting for him to reach solid experience which will probably be sometime next season. As an added bonus he's already scored 10 goals in just 6 total games played. Considering the prices of a solid coach with passable leadership, I consider this a potentially HUGE bargain in the long run.

EXPECTED TEAM RATINGS if Hvidt doesn't sell
Midfield: excellent
Defense: brilliant/outstanding/outstanding
Offense: formidable/excellent/formidable

EXPECTED TEAM RATINGS if Hvidt sells
Midfield: solid
Defense: brilliant/outstanding/outstanding
Offense: brilliant/outstanding/formidable

NSI: PIC 75-80, Normal 80-85, MOTS 85-90

Last edited by NAIWF : 02-27-2004 at 04:22 PM.
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:40 PM   #2
NAIWF
College Prospect

MIDDIE TRAINEES:

#13 - René-Michel Letourneau

19 years, weak form, healthy
Has disastrous experience and passable leadership abilities

Speciality: Head

Nationality: Canada
Assessed value: 294 000 US$
Wage: 1 536 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: excellent Passing: solid
Winger: wretched Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

#15 - Arvo Siurulainen
20 years, weak form, healthy
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities

Assessed value: 265 000 US$
Wage: 1 716 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: excellent Passing: passable

#17 - Eduard Radu
18 years, solid form, healthy
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities

Assessed value: 168 000 US$
Wage: 888 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: excellent Passing: wretched
Winger: poor Defending: inadequate
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: passable

#18 - Bob Smith
19 years, passable form, healthy
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities

Assessed value: 153 000 US$
Wage: 760 US$/week

Playmaking: excellent Passing: poor
Winger: weak Defending: poor
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: inadequate
---
Letourneau was one of my first trainees purchased, and was mainly brought in because of his solid passing skill. Once I get him up another level or two in PM, he'll be a helluva middie. He'll stick around for at least 2 more seasons, maybe three. He cost me $374,400.

Arvo is up for sale, with a possibly too high price tag of 550K. If he doesn't sell, I'll relist him, unless Hvidt moves out of the rotation. In that case, Letourneau will move up to the starting squad and Arvo will stick around at least until he reaches formidable in the second half of the season. I purchased him for $156,500.

I just bought Radu today because I'm assuming one of the two listed middies will go, and for 700K he seemed to be the best deal out there. If I'm lucky, he'll be outstanding by the end of the year and will probably be a starter by next season as I move Borgbrant out of the rotation. Radu needs a couple of weeks of stamina training, but looks to be in good shape to be with the team for a while.

I pulled Smith 13 weeks ago, but he didn't always play because his stamina was poor, and I wasn't sure I was going to keep him for very long. However, he popped to excellent before Siurulainen, and he's a year younger so I'll keep him for another season or so. With some stamina training, he'll be at least a formidable middie with passable stamina, which should make me some cash when he gets sold. If I hold onto him an extra season he might just make brilliant PM. I like having options.

BACKUPS

GOALIE - Kerry Ivey

Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities

Assessed value: 417 000 US$
Wage: 2 920 US$/week

Goaltending: solid

Ivey was pulled 2 weeks ago, which was great timing since I had previously sold off my back up.

DEFENDER - Brian Long

Nationality: England
Assessed value: 120 000 US$
Wage: 1 344 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Winger: poor Defending: excellent +1
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: weak

I paid 5,500 for Long back when I was training defense. He's my clear # 4, unless one of my main three is injured or has lower form than Long. I expect for him to get some playing time with the main team this year since Wiling is due for a stretch of horrible form.

WINGER - Damion Kilpatrick
21 years, passable form, healthy
Has wretched experience and passable leadership abilities

Assessed value: 69 000 US$
Wage: 790 US$/week

Winger: solid Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

Kilpatrick is not great by any means, and I don't really expect too much more use out of him, but for now he's in the # 3 winger spot since the guy who would play there is injured.

FORWARD - Jerome Harden
20 years, passable form, healthy

Assessed value: 93 000 US$
Wage: 1 000 US$/week

Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: wretched Defending: weak
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: poor

I pulled Harden last Saturday, which was excellent timing since I almost wasted some money on a 3rd forward after I sold Antoni Vrcko a few weeks ago. If and when I get a big time forward, he'll probably stay in the 3rd spot since I fully expect to have sold off Cristof Lentz by that time.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:45 AM   #3
NAIWF
College Prospect

With about a week to go before the season begins, this is my "expert" analysis of USA series V.152

1. Manhattan Marauders (avg NSI last year - 73.0, high mark = 82, 2nd place) - I think I'm finally going to win it all this year because I may just play normal for most of the season as opposed to PICing most of the games and MOTsing when necessary. Last year I played normal 2 times, MOTSed 3 and PICed the other 9. My coach barely keeps TS moving once I'm out of the Cup, and with the Fanatics long gone, the only other team in the series capable of a solid midfield or better regularly is the Snuzers. If it comes down to GD like last year, I should have the advantage of playing normal during the easily winnable middle portion of my schedule (weeks 4-11). The only potential hiccups come in weeks 1, 3, 12 & 14, and if I can win one of those first two on the road, I'm looking at a 12-2 or 13-1 record.

2. Snuzers (avg NSI last year - 72.3, high mark = 81, 3rd place) - He has a better coach than I do when it comes to conserving TS, and if he goes according to form he will PIC EVERY game not against me. Our week 3 & 12 matches will likely decide the season winner if we don't get a split. His offense is not quite as strong as mine, so he MAY have a problem penetrating Heavenly Angel's stingy defense. With that in mind, he is more likely to get a draw in one of those two games than I, but we should be the only two teams fighting for the top spot.

3. Ross' Roughriders (avg NSI last year - 65.2, high mark = 71, 4th place) - He went 0-6 against the strong midfield teams last year, and 7-0-1 against the other squads. He should struggle again with the top two teams, but is more solid than everyone else, I expect him to sneak into 3rd on GD.

4. Heavenly Angel (avg NSI last year - 56.3 , high mark = 63, D4 demotee) - This team isn't that good in the midfield or offensive departments, so I don't expect them to fare very well in this series, although they won't give up too many goals.

5. JuventusNY (avg NSI last year - 55.9, high mark = 62, 5th place) - He's a keeper trainer, which basically means his team is destined for mediocrity until he makes a big sale. I just checked, and he's listed his top player, a soon to be 19 yo formidable goalie for $2 million. Even if that sale goes through, he's gonnna need to bring in a new trainee because his backup right now is valued at just 336K meaning he's about a mid-solid. He might be better this season, but not a threat for the top squads.

6. Hawaii SunRays (avg NSI last year - 53.3, high mark = 62, 6th place) - The guy tried to demote intentionally. . . but failed as he couldn't lose to a 20something NSI bot in the qualifier. He plays a 3-4-3 but doesn't have a strong enough midfield to make it an effective formation. He too lost all 6 games to the top teams by a combined 30-4 margin. He could compete for 3rd or 4th, but I doubt it.

7. Bot 1 - Both bots should be replaced, but I expect them both to get slapped around mightily by basically everyone in the division. I get one of the bots in week 2, which is a nice breather between roadies with Snuzers & Angel.

8. Bot 2 - See other bot.

Any time you get rid of a team capable of a 92 rating, it's a good thing. The Fanatics averaged a 76.2 last year and DESTROYED everyone but me *grumbles*. In any case, Angel will give everyone a stern test as their defense is stout, but since my team is the most balanced, I'm hoping for a 2-0 mark against them, while I'm praying they take points away from the remaining competition. If nothing else, I will only have 2 MOTS worthy games all season long, and as I said earlier, I might just normal a bunch during the middle of the season in hopes of piling on the GD in case of a tie.

Last edited by NAIWF : 02-29-2004 at 02:02 AM.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:32 AM   #4
NAIWF
College Prospect

Since the youth pulls won't be made until tomorrow, I just thought I'd include the major Manhattan Marauders records since that's basically the only thing I had left before the season starts on Wednesday.

TEAM RECORDS - * denotes currently on team

Games Played

1. Jamey Judd (wing) - 58*
2. Anders Wiling (def) - 52*
3. Ubaldo Matildo Collado (def) - 46*
4. Brian Long (def) - 45*
5. Cory Eddy (def) - 41*

Total Goals
1. Cristof Lentz (for) - 38*
2. Antoni Vrcko (for) - 30
3. Brian Long (def) - 13*

League Goals
1. Antoni Vrcko (for) - 21
2. Cristof Lentz (for) - 16*
3. Anders Wiling (def) - 8*

Clean Sheets
1. John Amos - 13
2. Jessie Warner - 7
3. Aimo Hasan - 6*

Individual Star Rating
1. Aaron Livingston (def) - 4.5 vs So. Dakota Conquerors - 7/24/03
1. Ib Hvidt (defensive IMF) - 4.5 vs Hawaii SunRays - 1/26/04
1. Peter Hakansson (offensive IMF) - 4.5 vs Flailing Fanatics - 2/2/04
1. Ulf Borgbrant (offensive IMF) - 4.5 vs Ross' Roughriders - 2/16/04

Team Star Rating
1. 42.5 vs Ross' Roughriders - 2/16/04
2. 41.0 vs Flailing Fanatics - 2/2/04
2. 41.0 vs Vols - 2/9/04

NSI Rating
1. 82 vs Flailing Fanatics - 2/2/04
2. 81 vs Snuzers - 12/15/03
2. 81 vs Ross' Roughriders - 2/16/04

Team Single Season Goals Scored - 118 goals (Season 21)
Team Single Season Clean Sheets - 14 (Season 20)

Single Season Goals - Cristof Lentz - 38
Multigoal Games - Cristof Lentz - 11
Most Goals in a Game - Cristof Lentz - 4
Old 02-29-2004, 12:53 AM   #5
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIWF

4. Heavenly Angel (avg NSI last year - 56.3 , high mark = 63, D4 demotee) - This team isn't that good, but because they play a tight 4-4-2 with decent defenders, they hang around. Rarely blown out -- the only time they conceded more than two goals (including against the series leaders Go Mart FC) was when I beat them 6 - 0 in the first half of the season. Annoying, a factor as a spoiler, but not real competition unless their ratings improve A LOT.

I think you mixed the teams up...
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:03 AM   #6
NAIWF
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexroid
I think you mixed the teams up...

Yeah, I think I just copied Mr. Wednesday's formatting and totally forgot to do my take on them.
I fixed the problem now though. They're still predicted for a 4th place finish though.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:14 PM   #7
NAIWF
College Prospect

Ib Hvidt - 3/1/2004 - Sold to Crooked Fingers 2 349 000 US$ (950 000 US$)
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities

Nationality: Danmark
Assessed value: 950 000 US$
Wage: 7 140 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: brilliant Passing: wretched

Arvo Siurulainen - 3/1/2004 - Sold to Gastonia United 720 000 US$ (265 000 US$)

Assessed value: 265 000 US$
Wage: 2 712 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: excellent Passing: passable

With those two sales, that leaves me with a hair over $2.9 million in the bank and a set of starters and trainees in the midfield, as well as ~10K less in wages. I realize that I will be losing about a full level of midfield though since Hvidt's replacement is only an excellent PM, but he has solid passing, which will help my offense out a great deal. I'm planning to buy an outstanding scorer (which is a 3 level upgrade), but I'm also looking at a stopgap formidable middie who would be sold later in the year just in case anyone gets hurt or suspended. What I pick up first depends entirely on how my midfield performs in Wednesday's Cup game or if I can find a "steal" before then.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:00 AM   #8
NAIWF
College Prospect

I was planning on picking up a stopgap middie as I mentioned earlier AFTER I scooped up an outstanding scorer, but I found something I thought was slightly better at least in terms of longterm effects.

Gregorio Gamarra
18 years, excellent form, healthy

Assessed value: 224 000 US$
Wage: 1 728 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Playmaking: formidable Passing: wretched
Winger: poor Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: poor

He doesn't really have any secondaries and needs some work with regards to stamina, but he will fit in perfectly in the extra IMF spot. I spent $1.53 million on the kid, but I think that's adequate for someone who will be a starter for AT LEAST 4 seasons. Barring injuries, if I keep the guy until he's 21, he'll reach supernatural or titanic (14-15) PM and basically fund an entire set of new trainees at the time and/or a major upgrade to my goalie, which will be necessary by then.

For the time being, I've got about $1.375 million sitting in the bank. I plan on an upgrade from 37K to 50K seats, so that'll drain about 300K or so, and if everything breaks properly I'll have enough to pick up the outstanding scorer I want sometime in the second half of the season, when I'll hopefully be making a push for autopromotion. By then, my overall midfield level should be at least where it was before I sold off Hvidt, so I basically just bought myself 8-10 weeks or so of saving on the hefty wages that kind of player would have to be paid.

I look at my recent transfers like this. . .

In swapping the 22 yo Hivdt for Gamarra, I gave up 2 levels of PM, but saved 4 years and $5,712/weekly wages, PLUS I turned a profit of about 584K.

In getting rid of Siurulainen (20 yo) for Radu (18), I gave up some passing skill and a level of stamina in exchange for 2 years of trainability and $1,240 less weekly. Radu will surely be my defensive middie. The exchange cost me just 52K.

In sum, I'm better in the long run by a great deal, and I'm much happier with my 6 main midfielders now than I was when I wrote the initial reviews earlier in this thread. On top of that, I've got 530K more towards the scorer than I did when I woke up this morning.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:12 PM   #9
NAIWF
College Prospect

The two bots were just replaced, with Novas becoming Don't Hate Me & splitkicks now going by the name Slingtown Slam Pigs.

DHM has a better start up team, but I'm still planning to slap them around next Sunday in week 2. And well, SSP is the team I get to turn the corner against. Look for both teams to still end up autodemoting because they have a long way to go just to rival the 5th/6th spots in terms of talent.

On a side note, I'm training stamina this week since, but I'm hoping my midfield will be enough to get the job done on Sunday against the best defensive team in the league. Well that's pretty much all that's left to say before tomorrow's Cup opener.

I play D6 Walker Wildcats and expect to win 4-0 on the road.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:29 PM   #10
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wait?!? You deleted your old threads, you sponge?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:02 PM   #11
NAIWF
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Wait?!? You deleted your old threads, you sponge?

SI

Yeah, I didn't want to be tempted to do another season, but I couldn't resist making one this year because I actually expect to win the series title. I kinda regret that decision though since I lost most of my major update "templates", except for the training one

On the bright side, at least I don't have to look back on some of my more rage inducing moments like the streak of terrible pulls I had all of last season and the bitter defeats/draws that cost me the title 2 seasons in a row.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:48 PM   #12
NAIWF
College Prospect

US Open Cup - Round 1

Opponent's last game - Walker Wildcats

Midfield: wretched
Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: passable
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: inadequate
NSI: 42

PREDICTION: 4-0 road win (Lentz 2, Lupescu 2)

Walker Wildcats vs Manhattan Marauders

Date: 3/4/2004 at 01.00
Arena: Tradition Road
Crowd: 5,528 (7,000)

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (13th career start, 3.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (47th career start, 4*)
Central Defender: # 7 - Cory Eddy (42nd career start, 3.5*)
Left Wingback: # 3 - Anders Wiling (53rd career start, 4*)

Right Winger: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (17th career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu (1st career start, N/A)
Inner Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra (1st career start, N/A)
Inner Midfielder: # 14 - Ulf Borgbrant (20th career start, 4*)
Left Winger: #10 - Jamey Judd (59th career start, 3.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (29th career start, 3*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (7th career start, 3.5*)

Team Captain: # 21 Lupescu
Set Pieces: # 20 Lentz

Substitutes
Goalie: # 2 - Kelly Ivey
Defender: # 5 - Brian Long
Midfielder: # 13 - René-Michel Letourneau
Forward: # 22 - Jerome Harden
Winger: #11 - Jonathan Iglesias

PREGAME

5528 spectators arrived at Tradition Road, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Wildcats started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. Lineup: Kennedy - Larson, Francis, Perkins, Hooper - Christie, Geiger, Nieto, Townsend - Whitson, Delisle.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Hasan - Collado, Eddy, Wiling - Håkansson, Borgbrant, Gamarra, Radu, Judd - Lupescu, Lentz.

1ST HALF

Some quick foot work on the left side of the field in the 9:th minute left Manhattan´s Ubaldo Matildo Collado completely free to score. 0 - 1 for the visitors.

The away team´s Anders Wiling took advantage of a mistake to the home side´s right in the 10:th minute increasing Manhattan´s lead to 0 - 2.

Wildcats' Wade Whitson got himself booked after a foul.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 28:th minute Manhattan goal, making it 0 - 3. Cezar Lupescu was noted down as the scorer.

The structure of the game started to change as Manhattan decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.
Wildcats´ Wilfred Larson left the field after 29 minutes because of a nasty blow to the shin. His replacement was Damián Aguilar.

After the ball got lifted in from the left Ulf Borgbrant was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 30 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration.

0 - 3 was the half-time score. Manhattan, bringing the final ball possession rate to 79 percent, dominated the battle.

2ND HALF

Manhattan´s Ulf Borgbrant made it through the home teams defence in the 52nd minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line.

In the 53rd minute Wildcats' Patrick Nieto received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

Cezar Lupescu came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Mack Kennedy, hitting the bar.

The game had been on for 76 minutes when Cristof Lentz broke through to the right, upping the score to the home crowd´s dismay. Manhattan´s were up 0 - 4.

Manhattan, bringing the final ball possession rate to 89 percent, dominated the battle. The match ends 0 - 4.

Goals
Collado
Wiling
Lupescu
Lentz

Player Ratings

Hasan - 3.5

Collado - 4
Eddy - 3.5
Wiling - 3.5

Håkansson - 3 (playing out of position)
Radu - 3 (debut with team, defensive)
Gamarra - 3 (debut with team)
Borgbrant - 4.5*
Judd - 3.5

Lentz - 3
Lupescu - 3.5

Total - 38

Team Ratings

Walker Wildcats
Midfield: Wretched (2)
Right Side Defence: Passable (6)
Central Defence: Excellent (8)
Left Side Defence: Solid (7)
Right Side Attack: Passable (6)
Central Attack: Passable (6)
Left Side Attack: Inadequate (5)
NSI: 44

Manhattan Marauders
Midfield: Inadequate (5)
Right Side Defence: Formidable (9)
Central Defence: Formidable (9)
Left Side Defence: Outstanding (10)
Right Side Attack: Solid (7)
Central Attack: Excellent (8)
Left Side Attack: Formidable (9)
NSI: 67

Notes

I predicted a 4-0 win, and that's exactly what I got. I would have preferred not missing 3 shots, but what can you do? Håkansson played out of position just to get him and the two rookies 2 experience points each. Radu and Gamarra will probably compete for that 3rd and final middie spot as the season goes along. The rest of the team played well, but can get better if their form improves. Next week's Cup opponent is a 20 something NSI squad, so I feel confident that I will get at least one extra home game this year which is nice.
Old 03-04-2004, 02:40 PM   #13
NAIWF
College Prospect

Since I won't be facing another human owned team (or any sort of challenge) next week in the Cup, I opted to pull the trigger and upgrade my stadium from 37,000 to 50,000 seats now because I will get at least one home Cup game. The upgrade probably won't be done until after next Sunday's league match, but I'm playing a terrible team that day so I probably wouldn't break 37K in attendance anyway. However, I'm hoping to fill up the arena for the 3rd round Cup game and a few important home games down the stretch. The 13,000 seats cost me just over $300,000, so I'm at just over $1 million now. I don't expect to make any more purchases this year until I can afford an outstanding/inadequate scorer.

On a side note, I switched back to PM training this week because Heavenly Angel played a 3-5-2 yesterday and I don't want to run the risk of my starting middies falling in form due to stamina training. I'll probably go for a week of stamina after I'm out of the Cup, and another at the end of the year.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:14 PM   #14
NAIWF
College Prospect

Looks like the decision to not train stamina paid off form wise.

Training Results

No pops, blah.

Form Changes

8 players improved in form this week. (starting goalie Aimo Hasan (passable), starting defender Ubaldo Matildo Collado (excellent), starting middies Peter Håkansson (excellent), both starting wingers Jonathan Iglesias (excellent) & Jamey Judd (solid), midfield trainees Eduard Radu (excellent) & Bob Smith (solid), and back up goalie Kelly Ivey (solid)

7 players saw their form remain the same.

4 players decreased in form this week. (starting defender Anders Wiling (weak) & three back ups)

Value

Average Player Value: $315,263 (N/A)
Total Player Value (19 players): $5,990,000 (N/A)

Assessed Value Milestones

Team Record: Ulf Borgbrant's value rose (from $1,007,000) to $1,126,000

Up Next: This week's youth squad cut and the weekly financial update.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:52 PM   #15
NAIWF
College Prospect

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Youth Pull

Earl West (27365781)
18 years, passable form, healthy

Assessed value: 5 000 US$
Wage: 520 US$/week

Stamina: poor Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Winger: wretched Defending: poor
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

*flush*

He's fired.

Finances

Cash funds: 1 084 717 US$ (1 012 313) US$
Sponsors: Delirious (+3), gained a level from last night
Supporter Club: 1477 members (-1)
Supporters: Satisfied (?)

This week

Code:
Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 24 050 Sponsors 65 670 Wages 48 624 Financial 4 600 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 48 000 Youth squad 20 000 Revenue 70 270 Expenses 142 674 Expected income/loss -72 404

This isn't too bad. When I sold out my 37K seater last season I made over 245K in crowd revenue, so I should be able to break even on the two week exchanges, even with poor weather days. If I get close to any sellouts and/or have two home Cup games when the expansion to 50K goes through, I'll be doing very well financially without having to sell anyone.

Next: A big first league game that can go a long way to determining how well I do this year, as I play one of only two teams that should be able to threaten me for the league title.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:50 PM   #16
NAIWF
College Prospect

I just pasted the stats in as they go, ie. I didn't match the 1st team's left side attack with the 2nd squad's right defense. Obviously, every game listed was taken from a Week 1 road Cup game, which is about as even as it will get.

# 1 Heavenly Angel vs # 2 Manhattan Marauders

Code:
Midfield: weak (4) inadequate (5) Right Defence: formidable (9) formidable (9) Central Defence: outstanding (10) formidable (9) Left Defence: outstanding (10) outstanding (10) Right Attack: inadequate (5) solid (7) Central Attack: inadequate (5) excellent (8) Left Attack: poor (3) formidable (9)

These ratings were with HA playing a 3-5-2 with some confusion. If they play a 5-3-2, I should be able to get at least 70% possession, but it will be harder to score. Angel also lost a forward to a red card in that game, which should mean that their central attack will move up to passable (6) and their left side to passable/solid (7). As for me, I played a couple of guys out of position so my right side offense should be better by 2 levels or so, and a lot of my starters, especially my goalie improved in form, so the defense could be a level better across the board. This game is also a derby (we're both NYC teams), so I expect to win because he won't get a midfield advantage here.

Expected score Manhattan 3, Angel 1

# 3 Snuzers vs # 4 Ross' Roughriders

Code:
Midfield: inadequate (5) poor (3) Right Defence: formidable (9) excellent (8) Central Defence: formidable (9) formidable (9) Left Defence: formidable (9) excellent (8) Right Attack: solid (7) solid (7) Central Attack: passable (6) formidable (9) Left Attack: solid (7) solid (7)

Last season the Snuzers beat Ross twice (4-0 at home & 3-0 on the road). Snuzers didn't play their best middie in the last game AND they are the home team, so I'm expecting a major disparity in the midfield (65-70% possession for Snuzers). With that in mind, this one shouldn't be close.

Expected score Snuzers 4, Ross 1

# 5 JuventusNY vs # 6 Hawaii SunRays

Code:
Midfield: poor (3) poor (3) Right Defence: formidable (9) excellent (8) Central Defence: solid (7) excellent (8) Left Defence: solid (7) excellent (8) Right Attack: solid (7) formidable (9) Central Attack: solid (7) formidable (9) Left Attack: excellent (8) inadequate (5)

These teams split their two games last year with each squad winning on the road ironically enough. Juventus got an undeserved 7-0 margin in the first meeting, but Hawaii came back with an undeserved 4-2 victory in the rematch. These two teams are fairly even, and I don't expect Juventus to get much more than 55% possession, so I'm going with a draw here.

Expected score Juventus 2, Hawaii 2

# 7 Don't Hate Me vs # 8 Slingtown Slam Pigs

Code:
Midfield: disastrous (1) disastrous (1) Right Defence: poor (3) weak (4) Central Defence: weak (4) weak (4) Left Defence: inadequate (5) weak (4) Right Attack: poor (3) wretched (2) Central Attack: weak (4) wretched (2) Left Attack: poor (3) wretched (2)

These two teams are both new, and both suck, having both been beaten by a bot on Wednesday. Should either team win here, I'm willing to bet money it will be their only chance to win until week 14 when they play again. It's going to be a VERY long season for both squads. I fully expect one or both to quit midseason. I flipped a coin and DHM won, so that's my reason for picking them tonight.

Expected score DHM 2, SSP 1
Old 03-07-2004, 10:36 PM   #17
NAIWF
College Prospect

League - Week 1

Opponent's last game - Heavenly Angel playing a 3-5-2 w/ a red carded player, they MIGHT play a 5-3-2 which would make their defense MUCH better.

Midfield: weak
Right Defence: formidable
Central Defence: outstanding
Left Defence: outstanding
Right Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: inadequate
Left Attack: poor
NSI: 54

PREDICTION: 3-1 road win (Lentz, Lupescu, Borgbrant)

Heavenly Angel vs Manhattan Marauders

Date: 3/8/2004 at 01.00
Arena: Seven The Gates Of Hells (NYC/derby time)
Crowd: 19,640 (26,200)

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (14th career start, 3.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (48th career start, 4*)
Central Defender: # 7 - Cory Eddy (43rd career start, 3.5*)
Left Wingback: # 3 - Anders Wiling (54th career start, 3.5*)

Right Winger: #11 - Jonathan Iglesias (18th career start, 3.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (18th career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra (2nd career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 14 - Ulf Borgbrant (21st career start, 4*)
Left Winger: #10 - Jamey Judd (60th career start, 3.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (30th career start, 3*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (8th career start, 3.5*)

Substitutes
Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu
Winger: #19 - Damion Kilpatrick

PREGAME

Due to an all-day shower, 19640 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Seven The Gates Of Hells. Everyone was excited about the upcoming New York City derby and it the crowd was divided evenly.

Angels had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Ochoa - Strychalski, Abello, Nemegeer, Ionitã, Gallagher - Brotherhood, Lynch, Kobyla - Feldmann, Abu-Hasan.

Manhattan started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. Lineup: Hasan - Collado, Eddy, Wiling - Iglesias, Håkansson, Borgbrant, Gamarra, Judd - Lupescu, Lentz.

1ST HALF

32 minutes into the game Gregorio Gamarra was a hair´s breadth away from giving Manhattan the lead. A prompt block by Frederick Ochoa saved the home team that time.

Angels will have to do without Jacek Kobyla for a time due to a bad foot injury. He was substituted by Jacob Doaré.

A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Manhattan´s Jonathan Iglesias was able to shove the ball in. 0-1.

In the games 45:th minute Peter Håkansson nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar.

Cezar Lupescu increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2.

By now Manhattan were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead.

Ulf Borgbrant of Manhattan received a yellow card in the 45:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 2. Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 71 percent possession rate.

2ND HALF

After the ball got lifted in from the left Cezar Lupescu was on his own in the home side´s penalty area 53 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration.

The visitors Ulf Borgbrant took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 67:th minute. 0 - 3 for Manhattan.

Manhattan came close to extending their lead as Cezar Lupescu delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal.

Some fine manouvering on the left lead to an 78:th minute Manhattan goal, making it 0 - 4. Peter Håkansson was noted down as the scorer.

Manhattan´s Cezar Lupescu made it through the home teams defence in the 80:th minute, and had only to place the ball in an unguarded goal when the home side´s defender sprang up from the left, clearing the ball on the line.

The referee showed Angels' Jacob Doaré the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 70 percent possession of the ball. The match ends 0 - 4.

Goals
Iglesias
Lupescu
Borgbrant
Håkansson

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4

Collado - 4
Eddy - 3.5
Wiling - 3

Iglesias - 3.5
Borgbrant - 4.5*
Gamarra - 3 (debut with team)
Håkansson - 4.5
Judd - 4

Lentz - 3.5
Lupescu - 3

Total - 40.5

Team Ratings

Heavenly Angel

Midfield: Weak (4)
Right Side Defence: Supernatural (14)
Central Defence: Titanic (15)
Left Side Defence: Brilliant (11)
Right Side Attack: Poor (3)
Left Side Attack: Solid (7)
NSI: 68

Manhattan Marauders
Midfield: Formidable (9)
Right Side Attack: Outstanding (10)
NSI: 82

Notes

I guess I should have PICed. Damn. I didn't realize exactly how good my team was, but now I have a much better feel for the team. I'll definitely PIC twice this coming week, and will probably play normal from here on out since my team is quite a bit better than everyone but Snuzers, and a solid/poor coach doesn't exactly make TS rise very frequently. I'm hoping to win the title outright, but have GD in the back of my mind. I'm very happy to be even with Snuzers after this week since their offense isn't quite as good as mine, and they may struggle putting up goals against HA.

RESULTS

Snuzers 4 - 0 Ross' Roughriders - I predicted a 4-1 win for Snuzers, so this is right in line with what I was thinking. Ross could very well start off 0-2 as they are going to play at Juventus next week. Snuzers is going to play the abysmal SSP team, and should be able to go into our first match with a 2-0 record and good team spirit. NSI = Snuzers (67), Roughriders (62).

JuventusNY 7 - 1 Hawaii SunRays - I thought this would be a 2-2 draw, WHOOOOOOPS. I don't understand how Juventus manages these 7 goal outbursts with just 58/55 possession, but I don't see them winning against the better teams in the division since his midfield can't get much better being a keeper trainer. They started last season with a 7-0 win and barely finished 5th, so I'm not too worried about them. NSI = Juventus (64), Hawaii (57).

Don't Hate Me 0 - 0 Slingtown Slam Pigs - These bots won't last very long, but I've got DHM at home next week. The goal differential should help me in the long run. Whether SSP gets switched or not, that's the team I play weeks 7 & 8 against, so I'm gonna be in good shape as we head down the stretch. NSI = DHM (30), SSP (26)

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Series: V.152

Team Played Goals Points
1. JuventusNY 1 7 - 1 3

2. Snuzers 1 4 - 0 3
3. Manhattan Marauders 1 4 - 0 3
4. Don't Hate Me 1 0 - 0 1

5. Slingtown Slam Pigs 1 0 - 0 1
6. Ross' Roughriders 1 0 - 4 0

7. Heavenly Angel 1 0 - 4 0
8. Hawaii SunRays 1 1 - 7 0
Old 03-09-2004, 05:36 PM   #18
NAIWF
College Prospect

My ratings are projections based on how I did last time/my best guess since I am playing a brand new midfield grouping.

New Haven United (D6 bot) vs Manhattan Marauders

Code:
Midfield: poor (3) weak (4) Right Defence: poor (3) formidable (9) Central Defence: inadequate (5) formidable (9) Left Defence: inadequate (5) outstanding (10) Right Attack: inadequate (5) formidable (9) Central Attack: solid (7) solid (7) Left Attack: passable (6) formidable (9)

I'm not quite sure how my midfield will turn out, but with most of my starters in on defense and offense for the experience boost, I should be able to run this team off of the pitch when I do have the ball. Nevertheless, I'm expecting at least a 60/40 split with possession, and theoretically I should be able to score at least 3 times, which should be more than enough. I'm really just hoping to emerge from the game unscathed physically, and also to get a Cup home game next week.

Expected score - Manhattan 4, NHU 1
Old 03-10-2004, 08:44 PM   #19
NAIWF
College Prospect

US Open Cup - Round 2

Opponent's last game - New Haven United

Midfield: poor
Right Side Defence: poor
Central Defence: inadequate
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: passable
NSI: 40

PREDICTION: 4-1 road win (Lupescu 2, Letourneau, Wahl)

New Haven United vs Manhattan Marauders

Date: 3/11/2004 at 01.00
Arena: New Haven United Arena
Crowd: 12,000 (12,000)

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (15th career start, 4* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (49th career start, 4*)
Central Defender: # 7 - Cory Eddy (44th career start, 3.5*)
Left Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (46th career start, 3*)

Right Winger: # 4 - Salvador Wahl (6th career start, 2.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 13 - René-Michel Letourneau (16th career start, 2.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 16 - Bob Smith (13th career start, 2*)
Inner Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu (2nd career start, 3*)
Left Winger: #11 - Jonathan Iglesias (19th career start, 3.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (31st career start, 3.5*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (9th career start, 3*)

Substitutes
Defender: # 3 - Anders Wiling
Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra
Winger: #10 - Jamey Judd

PREGAME

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 12000 to New Haven United Arena.

United tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Dailey - Dulal, Frost, Truong - Alicea, Alcántara, Ratliff, Seals, Faria - Peters, Hutchison.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Hasan - Collado, Eddy, Long - Wahl, Letourneau, Smith, Radu, Iglesias - Lupescu, Lentz.

1ST HALF

In the 3rd minute an unfortunate play by Gaylord Dailey gave the visitors a chance at the lead, but René-Michel Letourneau, finding himself alone with the keeper, was unable to take advantage of the situation.

Manhattan´s Cristof Lentz refused to leave the field after injuring his achilles tendon in the 18:th minute.

One of many good passes from Salvador Wahl at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Jonathan Iglesias, scoring for Manhattan to 0 - 1.

The referee showed Manhattan's Salvador Wahl the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Manhattan´s Cezar Lupescu received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 27:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one.

In the 31st minute Manhattan's René-Michel Letourneau received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.
A well placed corner kick from Cristof Lentz was followed by René-Michel Letourneau´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Manhattan. The result now 0-3.

The structure of the game started to change as Manhattan decided to pull back and meet their opponents in the defensive zone.
In the 39:th minute Manhattan put themselves up 0 - 4 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Cezar Lupescu.

0 - 4 was the half-time score. Manhattan, bringing the final ball possession rate to 55 percent, dominated the battle.

2ND HALF

Casey Hutchison almost put the reducer away having drawn the entire left side defence away, but the shot went straight into the arms of the goalkeeper.

After 75 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Cezar Lupescu who increased Manhattan´s lead to 0 - 5. At that, Cezar Lupescu was noted down for a hat trick.

Casey Hutchison was very close to reducing for United in the 81st minute, but the visitors right back got his foot out just in the nick of time, blocking to a corner

United, bringing the final ball possession rate to 53 percent, dominated the battle. The match ends 0 - 5.

Goals
Lupescu 3 (4) - has 5 goals so far this season
Iglesias - 2nd total goal on the year
Letourneau

Cards
Wahl (1)
Letourneau (1)

Injuries
Lentz - bruised but playing

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4

Collado - 4
Eddy - 3.5
Long - 2.5

Wahl - 2.5
Letourneau - 2.5
Smith - 2.5
Radu - 3
Iglesias - 3.5

Lentz - 3
Lupescu - 3

Total - 34

Team Ratings

New Haven United
Midfield: Poor (3)
Right Side Defence: Poor (3)
Central Defence: Inadequate (5)
Left Side Defence: Inadequate (5)
Right Side Attack: Inadequate (5)
Left Side Attack: Passable (6)
NSI: 39

Manhattan Marauders
Right Side Defence: Outstanding (10)
Central Defence: Outstanding (10)
Left Side Defence: Formidable (9)
Right Side Attack: Excellent (8)
Left Side Attack: Outstanding (10)
NSI: 67

Notes

My back up midfield needs some stamina training, which I already knew, but fortunately they should be good enough to knock off the horrendous brand new Don't Hate Me team in league play on Sunday. My starters will go next Wednesday since I'm playing away and there's more experience to be gained there anyway. I'm happy though, with 13 goals for and 0 against through 3 games, despite some shaky play at this point.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:05 AM   #20
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Just stopped by to ask a question, didn't Flailing get quite a few good youth pulls when he was with you? I think I remember him doing so. Because the ******* just got through selling a YP for $2.75 million on the 5th
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 01:14 AM   #21
NAIWF
College Prospect

9/3/2003 Sold Freddy White to Ato Bolden Kick 1 530 000 US$ (227 000 US$)

12/19/2003 Sold Jamie Strange to Minnesota Vikin 1 000 000 US$ (234 000 US$)

Those were just his youth pulls. He sold a few guys for WAY above market value too, and ended up spending like $6 million on his team between the first season he was with us and the one prior to this.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:12 PM   #22
NAIWF
College Prospect

This is for the last two weeks.

Manhattan Marauders Midweek Musings

3/4/2004 Sold Aurelio Aburto to hapoal habanim 5 000 US$ (24 000 US$)
3/2/2004 Bought Gregorio Gamarra from Harnäs Tigers 1 530 000 US$ (224 000 US$)
3/1/2004 Sold Ib Hvidt to Crooked Fingers 2 349 000 US$ (950 000 US$)
3/1/2004 Sold Arvo Siurulainen to Gastonia United 720 000 US$ (265 000 US$)

GOOD NEWS

I won my Cup opener 4-0, and the 2nd Cup game 5-0, and will now play Once Again on the road. I should be able to beat them, but it'll be a tough one since they are a 5-3-2 defensive heavy team like Heavenly Angel.

Speaking of which, I beat Heavenly Angel 4-0 on the road last Sunday, now leaving me with just two dangerous games against the Snuzers on the schedule, but. . .

BAD NEWS

. . . I probably would have won that league game with a PIC, improving my TS by another level. I also missed FIVE shots against their defense, and I have a feeling GD will decide the series champ *grumbles*

Games Played

1. Jamey Judd (wing) - 60*
2. Anders Wiling (def) - 54*
3. Ubaldo Matildo Collado (def) - 49*
4. Brian Long (def) - 46*
5. Cory Eddy (def) - 44*

Total Goals
1. Cristof Lentz (for) - 39*
3. Cezar Lupescu (for) - 15*

League Goals
3. Anders Wiling (def) - 8*

Clean Sheets
1. John Amos - 13
2. Aimo Hasan - 9*
3. Jessie Warner - 7

Individual Star Rating

Team Star Rating
2. 41.0 vs Vols - 2/9/04

NSI Rating
1. 82 vs Flailing Fanatics - 2/2/04 (MOTS)
1. 82 vs Heavenly Angel - 3/8/04 (road normal derby)
3. 81 vs Snuzers - 12/15/03 (MOTS)
3. 81 vs Ross' Roughriders - 2/16/04 (road normal)
Old 03-11-2004, 09:14 PM   #23
NAIWF
College Prospect

Training Results

Peter Håkansson
20 years, excellent form, healthy

Assessed value: 1 024 000 US$
Wage: 5 832 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Stamina: excellent (8)
Goaltending: disastrous (1)
Playmaking: brilliant (11)
Passing: weak (4)
Winger: weak (4)
Defending: weak (4)
Scoring: poor (3)
Set Pieces: weak (4)

Peter might just be the first Marauder to put up 5* in a game. He's a couple of weeks behind my 21 yo brilliant playmaker, Ulf Borgbrant, but he's gonna be with the team for at least another season, so I expect him to be the first to reach World Class.

Form Changes

2 players improved in form this week. (starting goalie Aimo Hasan (solid), and starting winger Jamey Judd (excellent)

9 players saw their form remain the same.

8 players decreased in form this week. (starting defenders Ubaldo Matildo Collado (solid) & Anders Wiling (poor), starting winger Jonathan Iglesias (-2 to passable), starting forward Cezar Lupescu (inadequate) & four back ups)

Thankfully, I have an easy game on Sunday and can save my starters until Wednesday. With that in mind, I'm going to NEED a good form update next week or I'm screwed.

Value

Average Player Value: $319,579 (+$4,316)
Total Player Value (19 players): $6,072,000 (+82,000)

I'd say this was my worst value update in about a season of games.

Team Record: Ulf Borgbrant's value rose (from $1,126,000) to $1,127,000, yep a brilliant PM picked up 1K *sigh*

$1,000,000+ Peter Håkansson (from $962,000) to $1,024,000

Old 03-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #24
NAIWF
College Prospect

Heavenly Angel went nuts this week as you can see here. I'm convinced he KILLED his team spirit with all of these unnecessary and/or poor transactions, and he didn't really buy anyone who can help him win. IMHO, he wasted his money. As a defensive trainer he sold off 3 guys who were trainees and brought in a 26 year old replacement, and gave up 2 of his middies, which he replaced with forwards? His weak midfield at home is simply not strong enough for this series and he just weakened it to improve his attack, which won't be that great anyway. I already thought Snuzers would beat him twice, but this confirms that HA is not a legit contender, and might end up in a qualifier to prevent from dropping to D6 automatically.

3/9/2004 Bought Ron Shmueli from s.k saksoka 408 000 US$ (211 000 US$) - 26 yo 2.5* defender
3/8/2004 Bought Robert Kolakovic from Ballhogs 509 000 US$ (183 000 US$) - 19 yo 3* wingback
3/8/2004 Bought Jakob Jul Mouritsen from Viggo Patriots 350 000 US$ (160 000 US$) - 26 yo 2* forward w/poor exp
3/7/2004 Bought Ameen Abu-Hasan from Moje koteczki 250 000 US$ (287 000 US$) - 26 yo 3* forward w/weak exp

3/12/2004 Sold Thomas Mohr to Isengard BK 150 000 US$ (62 000 US$) - 20 yo 3* defender
3/11/2004 Sold Francisco Lanús to Fort Collins Ph 180 000 US$ (114 000 US$) - not sure
3/11/2004 Sold Reiner Brandl to Nonos F.C. 204 000 US$ (77 000 US$) - 19 yo 3* forward
3/11/2004 Sold James Brotherhood to the top ones 543 000 US$ (187 000 US$) - 28 yo 3.5* middie w/pass exp
3/11/2004 Sold Cory Doe to Big Dick Daddys 150 000 US$ (161 000 US$) - 20 yo 1.5* defender
3/8/2004 Sold Sean Weaver to FC BAD HÄRING 350 000 US$ (135 000 US$) - 21 yo 2* defender
3/8/2004 Sold Alex Bale to The Java Beans 334 000 US$ (137 000 US$) - 20 yo 2.5* middie
Old 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #25
NAIWF
College Prospect

The ratings here were from last week's league games since I don't think any of the remaining 6 teams in the Cup posted better numbers in their Wednesday game.

# 3 Manhattan Marauders (4-0 GD, 3 pts) vs # 4 Don't Hate Me (0-0 GD, 1 pt)

Code:
Midfield: weak (4) wretched (2) Right Defence: formidable (9) poor (3) Central Defence: outstanding (10) inadequate (5) Left Defence: outstanding (10) passable (6) Right Attack: formidable (9) poor (3) Central Attack: excellent (8) poor (3) Left Attack: formidable (9) weak (4)

I PICed with this group on Wednesday, but my TS is a level higher, and I'm at home so I should be squeeze out an inadequate midfield. Like last week, I'm expecting at least 70-75% possession, and barring any event goals, it looks like my shut out streak will extend to 4 games to start the season. Not much else to say here.

Expected score Manhattan 5, DHM 0

# 6 Ross' Roughriders (0-4 GD, 0 pts) vs # 1 JuventusNY (7-1 GD, 3 pts)

Code:
Midfield: weak (4) passable (6) Right Defence: formidable (9) excellent (8) Central Defence: formidable (9) solid (7) Left Defence: solid (7) formidable (9) Right Attack: solid (7) solid (7) Central Attack: formidable (9) solid (7) Left Attack: formidable (9) excellent (8)

Ross played away last week while Juventus was the home team, so there's a chance their midfields will meet in the middle at or near inadequate. In their last meeting Ross sprinted out to a 3-0 lead at home before surrendering 3 goals in the last 9 minutes for the tie. I'm convinced that Ross doesn't know how to build his team as he went from a title contender when I first started to a middle of the pack team in two seasons. I'm going with the upset here as a Juventus win could very well lead to a 3rd place finish this year while Ross might be looking at a qualifier.

Expected score Juventus 3, Ross 2

# 5 Slingtown Slam Pigs (0-0 GD, 1 pt) vs # 2 Snuzers (4-0 GD, 3 pts)

Code:
Midfield: disastrous (1) solid (7) Right Defence: passable (6) outstanding (10) Central Defence: passable (6) formidable (9) Left Defence: weak (4) excellent (8) Right Attack: poor (3) passable (6) Central Attack: wretched (2) passable (6) Left Attack: wretched (2) solid (7)

This will be ugly with Snuzers having somewhere near 85-90% possession. Sadly, I'll probably never get to play the Pigs since I'm due to meet them in weeks 7 & 8 and the owner has yet to log in. I'm assuming Snuzers will be in 1st on GD when we meet next weekend. I could be second or 3rd depending on how the Juventus/Roughriders goes.

Expected score Snuzers 7, SSP 0

# 8 Hawaii SunRays (1-7 GD, 0 pts) vs # 7 Heavenly Angel (0-4 GD, 0 pts)

Code:
Midfield: weak (4) weak (4) Right Defence: excellent (8) supernatural (14) Central Defence: excellent (8) titanic (15) Left Defence: excellent (8) brilliant (11) Right Attack: weak (4) poor (3) Central Attack: excellent (8) passable (6) Left Attack: formidable (9) solid (7)

Hawaii should have the edge in the midfield since Angel sold off middies that he really couldn't afford to lose, and may nosedive to a wretched/poor midfield rating. I think his team is more dangerous with a 3-5-2, but he no longer has that option available. If Hawaii lines up his formidable attack with Angel's brilliant defense, he could probably squeeze out 2-3 goals. This one is really a crap shoot depending on the game engine, but everything statistically seems to favor Hawaii here.

Expected score Hawaii 2, Angel 1

Sadly enough, losses by Ross and/or Angel will knock them out of title contention already as they'd be 0-2, and I don't see either team rattling off a 12 game winning streak, especially with 3 games each to play against the combo of Snuzers and my team. While Snuzers and I are head and shoulders above the pack, the battle from 3rd to 6th should be pretty exciting.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:26 PM   #26
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIWF
Heavenly Angel went nuts this week as you can see here. I'm convinced he KILLED his team spirit with all of these unnecessary and/or poor transactions, and he didn't really buy anyone who can help him win. IMHO, he wasted his money. As a defensive trainer he sold off 3 guys who were trainees and brought in a 26 year old replacement, and gave up 2 of his middies, which he replaced with forwards? His weak midfield at home is simply not strong enough for this series and he just weakened it to improve his attack, which won't be that great anyway. I already thought Snuzers would beat him twice, but this confirms that HA is not a legit contender, and might end up in a qualifier to prevent from dropping to D6 automatically.

3/9/2004 Bought Ron Shmueli from s.k saksoka 408 000 US$ (211 000 US$) - 26 yo 2.5* defender
3/8/2004 Bought Robert Kolakovic from Ballhogs 509 000 US$ (183 000 US$) - 19 yo 3* wingback
3/8/2004 Bought Jakob Jul Mouritsen from Viggo Patriots 350 000 US$ (160 000 US$) - 26 yo 2* forward w/poor exp
3/7/2004 Bought Ameen Abu-Hasan from Moje koteczki 250 000 US$ (287 000 US$) - 26 yo 3* forward w/weak exp

3/12/2004 Sold Thomas Mohr to Isengard BK 150 000 US$ (62 000 US$) - 20 yo 3* defender
3/11/2004 Sold Francisco Lanús to Fort Collins Ph 180 000 US$ (114 000 US$) - not sure
3/11/2004 Sold Reiner Brandl to Nonos F.C. 204 000 US$ (77 000 US$) - 19 yo 3* forward
3/11/2004 Sold James Brotherhood to the top ones 543 000 US$ (187 000 US$) - 28 yo 3.5* middie w/pass exp
3/11/2004 Sold Cory Doe to Big Dick Daddys 150 000 US$ (161 000 US$) - 20 yo 1.5* defender
3/8/2004 Sold Sean Weaver to FC BAD HÄRING 350 000 US$ (135 000 US$) - 21 yo 2* defender
3/8/2004 Sold Alex Bale to The Java Beans 334 000 US$ (137 000 US$) - 20 yo 2.5* middie

heh heh heh, this is just too funny. I think he probably just has a problem with alcohol. maybe he gets agent fee kickbacks.
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 06:49 PM   #27
NAIWF
College Prospect

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Youth Pull

Frank Mcgowan (27854809)
17 years, passable form, healthy
A popular guy who is temperamental and upright.
Has disastrous experience and poor leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 19 000 US$
Wage: 580 US$/week

Playmaking: poor Passing: wretched
Winger: passable Defending: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: poor

Why couldn't he have been a passable PM instead?!?!? He'll be listed for 5K tomorrow. If he doesn't sell, he'll be fired.

Finances

Cash funds: 1 040 402 US$ (972 738) US$
Sponsors: high on life (+1)
Supporter Club: 1495 members (+18)
Supporters: high on life (+2)

This week

Code:
Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 24 050 Sponsors 71 610 Wages 48 624 Financial 4 400 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 3 000 Staff 48 000 Youth squad 20 000 Revenue 76 010 Expenses 143 674 Expected income/loss -67 664

I've got a home game tomorrow, so I should be able to turn a decent profit even if the weather is overcast. I really need to win on Wednesday though so I can get a home game in the Cup with my expanded arena (50,000 seats instead of 37K).

Next: A very easy league game (I hope). I'll be PICing which should get my TS up to satisfied, which may or may not influence how I play on Wednesday.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #28
NAIWF
College Prospect

League - Week 2

Opponent's last league game - Don't Hate Me

Midfield: wretched
Right Defence: poor
Left Defence: passable
Right Attack: poor
Central Attack: poor
Left Attack: weak
NSI: 30

FORMATION: standard 3-5-2 at excellent experience, content (7) TS, PIC

PREDICTION
: 5-0 win (Lupescu 3, Lentz, Smith)

Manhattan Marauders vs Don't Hate Me

Date: 3/15/2004 at 01.00
Arena: Manhattan Marauders Arena (NYC)
Crowd: 26,605 (37,000)

Starters

Goalie: # 2 - Kelly Ivey (2nd career start, 3* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 3 - Anders Wiling (55th career start, 3*)
Central Defender: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (50th career start, 4*)
Left Wingback: # 7 - Cory Eddy (45th career start, 3.5*)

Right Winger: #10 - Jamey Judd (61st career start, 4*)
Inner Midfielder: # 13 - René-Michel Letourneau (17th career start, 2.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 16 - Bob Smith (14th career start, 2.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu (3rd career start, 3*)
Left Winger: # 4 - Salvador Wahl (7th career start, 2.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (32nd career start, 3*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (10th career start, 3*)

Substitutes
Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan

PREGAME

Overcast weather free of rain made for a crowd turnout of 26605 at Manhattan Marauders Arena today.

Manhattan tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Ivey - Wiling, Collado, Eddy - Judd, Letourneau, Smith, Radu, Wahl - Lupescu, Lentz.

Dont tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. They fielded: Davis - Mclean, Mcginnis, Heller, Richey - Tillman, Cockrell, Billings, Beard - Masters, Horne.

1ST HALF

Eduard Radu behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 14:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal.

Manhattan took the lead in the 31st minute of the game by 1 to 0, as Ubaldo Matildo Collado elegantly received a pass going deep, finishing off with a half-volley shot just below the bar.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 38 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manhattan. However, Felix Davis made a spectacular save.

In the 39:th minute Manhattan put themselves up 2 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Cezar Lupescu coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home.

By now Manhattan were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. (WHY?!?!?)

The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 0. Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 83 percent possession rate.

2ND HALF

An indirect free kick in the visitor´s penalty area in the 57:th minute could have resulted in another goal, but Felix Davis got a hand out and tipped the ball over the bar.

In the 59:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as René-Michel Letourneau dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Manhattan.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manhattan´s Cezar Lupescu putting the lead up to 4 - 0.

Always quick and a menace to his opponents, Jamey Judd was in the 65:th minute very close to getting through, but Rudolph Richey managed to avert the attack.

In the 70:th minute Manhattan put themselves up 5 - 0. The visitors defenders lost the ball to Cezar Lupescu coming up from the left, who proceeded to cooly round the goaltender and knock the ball home. This third goal made a hat trick for Cezar Lupescu.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 88 percent possession of the ball. The match ends 5 - 0.

Goals
Lupescu 3 (4) - now has 8 scores in 4 games
Collado - 2nd total goal this year
Letourneau - 2nd total goal this year

Player Ratings

Ivey - 3

Wiling - 2.5
Collado - 4
Eddy - 4

Judd - 4
Letourneau - 2.5
Smith - 2.5
Radu - 3
Wahl - 2

Lentz - 3
Lupescu - 3

Total - 33.5

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders

Left Side Defence: Excellent (8)
NSI: 66

Don't Hate Me
Midfield: Disastrous (1)
Right Side Defence: Poor (3)
Central Defence: Inadequate (5)
Left Side Defence: Paassable (6)
Right Side Attack: Poor (3)
Central Attack: Weak (4)
Left Side Attack: Weak (4)
NSI: 28

Notes

A 66 with poor form, my B squad goalie/midfield is pretty good, but I'm hoping for a lot better ratings this Wednesday when I play my full starting team in the Cup. I'm not thrilled with missing three shots against this horrendous team, but I can't complain about being where I am going into my huge match with Snuzers on Sunday. If I win this one, I should be 11-0 by the time we face off again. If not, I'm going to need to win out to claim the title since I don't see the Snuzers slipping against anyone else either.

RESULTS

Hawaii SunRays 0-2 Heavenly Angel - Angel saved their season, while Hawaii can only hope to avoid another qualifier they can't lose. I'm stunned that they are -8 in GD though considering that they are not a horrible team and have not played either of the top two yet. Angel somehow won despite only 41% possession. NSI = Hawaii (60), Angel (67).

Slingtown Slam Pigs 0-5 Snuzers - I expected a 7-0 win for the Snuzers, so this was a pretty good result as far as I'm concerned. NSI = SSP (30), Snuzers (57).

Ross' Roughriders 5-2 JuventusNY - I thought Juventus would win, but they choked in a winnable game yet again. At this point, the teams sitting between 3rd & 6th will probably change on a weekly basis since they're all about the same as far as NSI goes. NSI = Roughriders (65), Juventus (59).

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Team Played Goals Points

1. Snuzers 2 9 - 0 6

2. Manhattan Marauders 2 9 - 0 6
3. JuventusNY 2 9 - 6 3
4. Ross' Roughriders 2 5 - 6 3

5. Heavenly Angel 2 2 - 4 3
6. Don't Hate Me 2 0 - 5 1

7. Slingtown Slam Pigs 2 0 - 5 1
8. Hawaii SunRays 2 1 - 9 0
Old 03-16-2004, 06:48 PM   #29
NAIWF
College Prospect

First off, it's clear I can't hold TS higher than content since it went from content to delirious back to content since Sunday's PIC. With that in mind, it makes no sense to waste a PIC here and possibly lose a game for a potential push in TS by Sunday. I'm guessing my starters will have an excellent midfield since I got a formidable in the derby game playing normal two Sundays ago.

Once Again is a team that has run two different formations in the last few games, so they have two completely different sets of ratings. I'll list them both and separate predictions.

Once Again (5-3-2 in last league match, away) vs Manhattan Marauders

Code:
Midfield: poor (3) excellent (8) Right Defence: magnificent (12) formidable (9) Central Defence: supernatural (14) formidable (9) Left Defence: outstanding (10) outstanding (10) Right Attack: inadequate (5) outstanding (10) Central Attack: weak (4) excellent (8) Left Attack: poor (3) formidable (9)

Once Again has a formidable CA with this formation.

I'm not quite sure how high my midfield will turn out, but a conservative bet says that it would be at least a 70/30 split with possession, and theoretically I should be able to stop him from scoring more than once even with his CA ability. His team is weaker than Heavenly Angel in all 3 phases of the game, and I won that game 4-0. With about a 43% chance to score, and 5-7 scoring opportunities, I should be able to beat his defense twice, which should be enough to get the 'W'.

Expected score - Manhattan 2, NHU 0

Once Again (3-4-3 in 1st league match at home) vs Manhattan Marauders

Code:
Midfield: weak (4) excellent (8) Right Defence: brilliant (11) formidable (9) Central Defence: outstanding (10) formidable (9) Left Defence: formidable (9) outstanding (10) Right Attack: passable (6) outstanding (10) Central Attack: solid (7) excellent (8) Left Attack: solid (7) formidable (9)

I don't think he'd go with this formation since he only played it in this one game and lost 6-1 while suffering a lot of confusion. While this lineup would help his offense and midfield, it also makes his defense only a coin flip to stop my attacks, and since I should be able to get 5 or 6, this means I'm likely to score about 2-3 times, and he'd need a lot of luck to get that many off of me with no CA, and fewer shots.

Expected score - Manhattan 3, Once 1
Old 03-17-2004, 08:56 PM   #30
NAIWF
College Prospect

US Open Cup - Round 3

Opponent's last game - Once Again

Midfield: poor
Right Defence: magnificent
Central Defence: supernatural
Left Defence: outstanding
Right Attack: inadequate
Central Attack: weak
Left Attack: poor
NSI: 57

PREDICTION: 2-0 road win (Lupescu, Lentz)

Once Again vs Manhattan Marauders

Date: 3/18/2004 at 01.00
Arena: New Haven United Arena
Crowd: 18,967 (25,100)

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (16th career start, 4* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (47th career start, 2.5*)
Central Defender: # 7 - Cory Eddy (46th career start, 4*)
Left Wingback: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (51st career start, 4*)

Right Winger: #10 - Jamey Judd (62nd career start, 4*)
Inner Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (19th career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra (3rd career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 14 - Ulf Borgbrant (22nd career start, 4.5*)
Left Winger: #11 - Jonathan Iglesias (20th career start, 3.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (33rd career start, 3*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (11th career start, 3*)

Substitutes
Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu
Winger: #4 - Salvador Wahl

PREGAME

The crowd of 18,967 turning up at Once again Arena today were greeted by some nasty showers of rain.

again started off with a 5-3-2 lineup. Lineup: Liljenander - Garbett, Block, Killtorp, Ortanca, Flores - Basoa Rivas, Kay, Evans - Kaljo, Paris.

Manhattan tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Hasan - Long, Eddy, Collado - Judd, Håkansson, Borgbrant, Gamarra, Iglesias - Lupescu, Lentz.

1ST HALF

After 11 minutes Manhattan´s Jamey Judd contracted a slight foot injury, but could finish the game.

Mikael Killtorp of again received a yellow card in the 16:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

The referee showed Manhattans Cristof Lentz the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

n the 26:th minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Cristof Lentz put the ball away for 0 - 1.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. Manhattan, bringing the final ball possession rate to 70 percent, dominated the battle.

2ND HALF

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manhattan´s Peter Håkansson got himself booked.

In the games 74:th minute Cristof Lentz nearly put the visitors another one up as he broke through and fired from just outside the box, his shot passed just over the bar.

In the 77:th minute Manhattan's Jonathan Iglesias received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

After 79 minutes of game time Peter Håkansson received an excellent opportunity to add to the visitors lead, clipping a volley hooked in from the right, but Ludvig Liljenander was in the right place, tipping the ball to a corner.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, again´s Bubba Flores got himself booked.

After 87 minutes a combination in the middle resulted in a through ball for Peter Håkansson who increased Manhattan´s lead to 0 - 2.

The 45 minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 70 percent possession of the ball. The match ends 0 - 2.

Goals
Lentz (2)
Håkansson - 2nd goal of the season

Cards
Lentz (1)
Håkansson (1)
Iglesias (1)

Injuries
Judd - bruised but playing

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4.5

Long - 2.5
Eddy - 3.5
Collado - 4

Judd - 4
Håkansson - 4.5*
Gamarra - 3
Borgbrant - 4.5
Iglesias - 3

Lentz - 3.5
Lupescu - 3

Total - 40

Team Ratings

Once Again
Right Side Defence: Magnificent (12)
Central Defence: Titanic (15)
Left Side Defence: Magnificent (12)
Left Side Attack: Poor (3)
NSI: 66

Manhattan Marauders
Right Side Attack: Formidable (9)
NSI: 81

Notes

This is about as well as I can play away from home, so I expect to lose when I play Snuzers in league play on Sunday since he might be outstanding/brilliant in the midfield. Other than that though, I can't argue with the result, and hopefully I can sell out most of my 50,000 seats next Wednesday whether I win or lose. The shutout streak is now at 5, with 20 goals for and 0 against this season, but I expect that to end in a few days sadly enough.

In my league, Snuzers, Ross & Juventus (in PKs) won, but Heavenly Angel & Hawaii lost, leaving us with 4 teams in Round 4. My next opponent Mid-Mo Headcrackers is beatable if I choose to train stamina next week/play my starters both times, which is an option since my B-team midfield is terrible in the stamina department.

Starters
Midfield: outstanding
Right Side Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: inadequate
Right Side Attack: outstanding
Central Attack: formidable
Left Side Attack: formidable
NSI: 78

Back-Ups
Right Side Defence: solid
Left Side Defence: weak
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Left Side Attack: excellent
NSI: 63

It looks like Ross & Juventus are definitely going to lose, Snuzers has a shot if he's willing to play his starters in both games next week. It's quite possible our whole series will be wiped out in Round 4, but I wouldn't be shocked to see one or two teams sneak through for another week.

Last edited by NAIWF : 03-17-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #31
NAIWF
College Prospect

No transfers this week

GOOD NEWS

Selling off my best player a few weeks ago (brilliant PM) didn't weaken me nearly as much as I thought it should/would in the midfield, although I have lost about 1.5* in the exchange. When I finally purchase that outstanding forward at the end of the year, my ratings should climb to new highs.

I pulled off a fairly simple 5-0 win in the league.

After a few tense moments, I finally won 2-0 (87th minute goal) against a heavy defensive team on the road in the Cup, extending my shutout streak to 5 competitive games, and 6 out of the last 7.

BAD NEWS

I play Snuzers away this weekend, and I can't match his midfield, so it looks like I'll probably lose my first game of the year this Sunday. On the bright side, my next 8 league games are easily winnable.

My Cup also run looks like it might end next week.

Games Played

1. Jamey Judd (wing) - 62*
2. Anders Wiling (def) - 55*
3. Ubaldo Matildo Collado (def) - 51*
4. Brian Long (def) - 47*
5. Cory Eddy (def) - 46*

Total Goals
1. Cristof Lentz (for) - 40*
3. Cezar Lupescu (for) - 18*

League Goals
3. Cezar Lupescu (for) - 9*

Clean Sheets
1. John Amos - 13
2. Aimo Hasan - 10*
3. Jessie Warner - 7

Individual Star Rating

Team Star Rating
2. 41.0 vs Vols - 2/9/04

NSI Rating
3. 81 vs Once again - 3/18/04 (road normal, Cup)
Old 03-18-2004, 10:41 PM   #32
NAIWF
College Prospect

Training Results

I'm not expecting any pops for about 5 more weeks, but at the same time, I also have two relatively new trainees, so anything is possible.

One of my starting forwards/my future coach bumped up to inadequate PM. Joy.

Form Changes

4 players improved in form this week. (starting goalie Aimo Hasan (excellent), starting defender Brian Long (inadequate) starting forward Cezar Lupescu (passable) and a back up)

11 players saw their form remain the same.

4 players decreased in form this week. (starting middie Ulf Borgbrant (passable), starting winger Jamey Judd (-2 to passable), trainee Bob Smith (passable) & back up goalie Kelly Ivey (inadequate)

Not great, but not terrible either. Since my goalie and 1/3 of my defenders went up, I can play both middies offensive and still maintain a fairly strong defense. I may or may not play a winger towards the middle depending on which formation I decide to use on Sunday.

Value

Average Player Value: $326,474 (+$6,895)
Total Player Value (19 players): $6,203,000 (+131,000)

Team Record: Ulf Borgbrant's value rose (from $1,127,000) to $1,144,000

Old 03-20-2004, 03:11 PM   #33
NAIWF
College Prospect

Everyone's ratings here use their best ratings from the two games played last week.

# 1 Snuzers (9-0 GD, 6 pts) vs # 2 Manhattan Marauders (9-0 GD, 6 pts)

Code:
Midfield: formidable (9) formidable (9) Right Defence: brilliant (11) outstanding (10) Central Defence: formidable (9) formidable (9) Left Defence: formidable (9) formidable (9) Right Attack: solid (7) formidable (9) Central Attack: solid (7) excellent (8) Left Attack: excellent (8) formidable (9)

Snuzers played at home, I played on the road on Wednesday, but I'm assuming he PIC'ed, so I fully expect him to get an outstanding or brilliant midfield. I have a small chance of winning if I catch a couple of breaks, but I'm going to say that I will lose my first game of the season regardless, since Snuzers has my number for some reason. I'm hoping against hope not to be shutout like I have been in recent games at their place.

Expected score Snuzers 2, Manhattan 1

# 3 JuventusNY (9-6 GD, 3 pts) vs # 7 Slingtown Slam Pigs (0-5 GD, 1 pt)

Code:
Midfield: inadequate (5) wretched (2) Right Defence: formidable (9) passable (6) Central Defence: excellent (8) passable (6) Left Defence: excellent (8) inadequate (5) Right Attack: solid (7) poor (3) Central Attack: solid (7) wretched (2) Left Attack: excellent (8) wretched (2)

Juventus lost 5-2 against Ross last week, but they should be able to make it two wins in three tries against the soon to be replaced SSP team. The big draw to this game will be to see if SSP can finally score a goal, but I doubt it.

Expected score Juventus 4, SSP 0

# 6 Don't Hate Me (0-5 GD, 1 pt) vs # 5 Heavenly Angel (2-4 GD, 3 pts)

Code:
Midfield: wretched (2) weak (4) Right Defence: poor (3) excellent (8) Central Defence: inadequate (5) passable (6) Left Defence: passable (6) formidable (9) Right Attack: poor (3) passable (6) Central Attack: weak (4) passable (6) Left Attack: weak (4) passable (6)

I'm assuming Angel will play a 3-5-2 this week, so that's why their usually tremendous defensive ratings look so weak this time out. They should be able to win this one easily even if they go for a 5-3-2 anyway. I don't see DHM breaking their scoreless drought this week either.

Expected score Angel 3, DHM 0

# 8 Hawaii SunRays (1-9 GD, 0 pts) vs # 4 Ross' Roughriders (5-6 GD, 3 pts)

Code:
Midfield: weak (4) inadequate (5) Right Defence: outstanding (10) excellent (8) Central Defence: formidable (9) excellent (8) Left Defence: inadequate (5) passable (6) Right Attack: formidable (9) excellent (8) Central Attack: excellent (8) formidable (9) Left Attack: solid (7) solid (7)

Even though Hawaii is the home team, I don't expect them to win this game. Ross needs to win if he wants to stay in contention for 3rd/4th, while Hawaii season is all but done if they don't get the full 3 points here. This is the only game other than mine in which I can see either team winning, so I'll have my eye on this one as well.

Expected score Ross 3, Hawaii 2

Hawaii can hope to finish no better than 3rd now, and I have a sneaking suspicion he might just tank the rest of the season in order to autodemote to D6 after he tried to do so in his qualifier last year. If I win on Sunday, I've got a shot to run the table, but then again, so does Snuzers. The season could very well be decided tomorrow night.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #34
NAIWF
College Prospect

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Youth Pull

Another 5K valued scrub that was promptly fired.

Finances

Code:
Cash funds: 1 194 829 US$ (1 124 110) US$ Sponsors: high on life (E) Supporter Club: 1513 members (+18) Supporters: high on life (E) This week Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 32 500 Sponsors 75 405 Wages 48 624 Financial 5 000 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 48 000 Youth squad 20 000 Revenue 80 405 Expenses 151 124 Expected income/loss -70 719

I've got a home game on Wednesday, and it will be my first with the expanded arena (50,000 seats), so I'm hoping for a nice pay day. There's a chance I could win, and it would be great to have to have 2 home games the following week, since it would help me get that much closer to buying the outstanding/inadequate+ forward I want.

Next: One of two difficult league games this season against Snuzers. A win would be huge, but a loss is likely. Let's hope HT finally gives me one of those WTF games in my favor this time.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:25 PM   #35
NAIWF
College Prospect

That 5-0 loss to Snuzers destroyed my team health, confidence and supporter interest. My attendance for this game is beyond lame. . . In any case I'm playing what's left of my starters in hopes of stealing another game in the Cup while I train stamina since my trainees need it, and I basically lost my shot at the division title last week with the -10 GD I gave away in that loss to the only guy equal to me.

US Open Cup - Round 4

Opponent's last game - Mid-Mo Headcrackers

Right Defence: passable
Central Defence: supernatural
Left Defence: weak
Right Attack: formidable
Left Attack: excellent
NSI: 71 (with a red carded defender)

FORMATION: standard 3-5-2 at excellent experience, calm (6) TS, normal

PREDICTION
: 2-1 loss (Lupescu)

Manhattan Marauders vs Mid-Mo Headcrackers

Date: 3/25/2004 at 01.00
Arena: Manhattan Marauders Arena
Crowd: 27,535 (50,000)

Starters

Goalie: # 2 - Kelly Ivey (4th career start, 2.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (53rd career start, 4*)
Central Defender: # 7 - Cory Eddy (48th career start, 4*)
Left Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (48th career start, 2.5*)

Right Winger: #4 - Salvador Wahl (9th career start, 2,5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (21st career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra (5th career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu (5th career start, 3*)
Left Winger: #11 - Jonathan Iglesias (22nd career start, 3*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (35th career start, 3.5*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (13th career start, 3*)

Substitutes
Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan
Midfielder: #13 - René-Michel Letourneau

PREGAME

A lousy 27,535 spectators had come to Manhattan Marauders Arena this cloudy day.

Manhattan started off with a 3-5-2 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Ivey - Collado, Eddy, Long - Wahl, Håkansson, Gamarra, Radu, Iglesias - Lupescu, Lentz.

Headcrackers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Carter - Brower, Price, Malloy - Burchett, Mcdonald, Wilson, Shimon, Faubert - Bruce, Delgado.

1ST HALF

A corner kick created great disorder in the penalty area, but at last Manhattan´s Cory Eddy was able to shove the ball in. 1 - 0.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Manhattan lead up with 2 - 0. Cristof Lentz finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle.

In the 27:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Cristof Lentz dashed through, knocking home 3 - 0 for Manhattan.

The referee showed Headcrackers' Oliver Price the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

After 29 minutes Dwayne Bruce made a speedy advance and dropped the ball to Rod Delgado who shuffled the ball past the keeper. The score was now 3 - 1.

In the 31st minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Jonathan Iglesias dashed through, knocking home 4 - 1 for Manhattan.

The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 1. Headcrackers held the ball, with a clear 54 percent possession rate.

2ND HALF

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Headcrackers' Pierre-Albert Faubert got himself booked.

Kelly Ivey made a brilliant save in the 76:th minute, blocking a projectile coming in from Timothy Wilson on the right hand side.

Dwayne Bruce nearly reduced 84 minutes into the game, but a splendid one hand save by Kelly Ivey put a stop to the attempt coming in from the right flank.

In the games 86:th minute Headcrackers replied, reducing the lead to 4 - 2. Rod Delgado scored on a marvellous cross pass coming in from the left.

Headcrackers held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate. The match ends 4 - 2.

Goals
Lentz 2 (4)
Eddy
Iglesias

Player Ratings

Ivey - 2.5

Collado - 4
Eddy - 4
Long - 3

Wahl - 2.5
Håkansson - 4.5*
Gamarra - 3
Radu - 3
Iglesias - 3

Lentz - 3.5
Lupescu - 3.5

Total - 36.5

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders
Midfield: Excellent (8)
Right Side Attack: Solid (7)
Left Side Attack: Excellent (8)
NSI: 74

Mid-Mo Headcrackers
Right Side Defence: Excellent (8)
Central Defence: Solid (7)
Left Side Defence: Inadequate (5)
NSI: 72

Notes

That was a bit of a surprising result, but I'll take it. I'm positive that I'll be out next week since the team I play has a better 'B' midfield than I can put up with my starters. It would be nice to fill up the arena though, and I might just throw in a PIC for temporary TS purposes.

On the brighter side of things, my nemesis Snuzers lost their Cup game in similar fashion to the way they abused me on Sunday night (minor injury to star player, red card, large margin of defeat). I wouldd have preferred to win that game, and lose this one, but I'll take a moral victory whenever I can after that heartbreaker. In other series new, Juventus also bowed out of the Cup, but Ross' roughriders pulled off a miracle and will join me as the only teams to make Round 5, although he's less likely to advance than I am.

Last edited by NAIWF : 03-24-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #36
NAIWF
College Prospect

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Youth Pull

Ronny Ramsey (28702000)
A sympathetic guy who is balanced and dishonest.
Has disastrous experience and inadequate leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 34 000 US$
Wage: 680 US$/week

Stamina: wretched Goaltending: disastrous
Playmaking: wretched Passing: weak
Winger: wretched Defending: solid
Scoring: weak Set Pieces: wretched

I'm hoping for about 50K, which would be my best pull in a loooooooooooong time.

Finances

Code:
Cash funds: 1 247 506 US$ (1 178 967) US$ Sponsors: dancing in the streets (+1) Supporter Club: 1523 members (+10) Supporters: high on life (E) This week Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 32 500 Sponsors 77 385 Wages 48 624 Financial 5 200 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 48 000 Youth squad 20 000 Revenue 82 585 Expenses 151 124 Expected income/loss -68 539

I've got 2 home games this week, so I should be able to turn at least a 300K profit, and edge that much closer towards the amount I need to pick up an outstanding scorer. The league game is definitely winnable, the Cup game, not so much, so I'll PIC that one.

Next: A league game against # 2 Juventus NY who shouldn't be able to threaten me considering I'm playing normal.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:43 PM   #37
NAIWF
College Prospect

League - Week 4

Opponent's last game - JuventusNY - home Cup loss

Midfield: inadequate
Right Side Defence: outstanding
Central Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: solid
Left Side Attack: excellent

My best winger, Jamey Judd, will miss the game, but this is the starting 11 with the one exception of him being replaced by Salvador Wahl. I'm playing normal and at home against a weak/inadequate midfield, so this *should* be an easy win.

PREDICTION: 3-1 win (Lupescu 2, Lentz)

Manhattan Marauders vs JuventusNY

Date: 3/29/2004 at 01.00
Crowd: 48,521 (50,000) - a new club record by 11,521

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (17th career start, 4.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (49th career start, 3*)
Central Defender: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (54th career start, 4*)
Left Wingback: # 7 - Cory Eddy (49th career start, 4*)

Right Winger: # 11 - Jonathan Iglesias (23rd career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (22nd career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra (6th career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 14 - Ulf Borgbrant (23rd career start, 4.5*)
Left Winger: #4 - Salvador Wahl (10th career start, 2.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (36th career start, 3.5*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (14th career start, 3.5*)

Substitutes

PREGAME

48,521 spectators arrived at Manhattan Marauders Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. They fielded: Hasan - Long, Collado, Eddy - Iglesias, Håkansson, Borgbrant, Gamarra, Wahl - Lupescu, Lentz.

JuventusNY tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Thackwray - Romano, Mizrachi, Bartholomew - Andersson, de Visser, Zarbo, Mãcelaru, Haugen - Duffy, Bendala Galán.

1ST HALF

Manhattan tried to break through in the middle repeatedly, but kept getting stuck on the visitors defenders.

In the 22nd minute Cezar Lupescu almost put the home team one ahead on a cross pass coming in from the right, but the shot went wide.

After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manhattan´s Ulf Borgbrant got himself booked.

Manhattan's Cezar Lupescu gave, after 28 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right.

A great save by goaltender Stephen Thackwray in the 32nd minute kept the visitors in the game as Cory Eddy struck from the left with a real cannonball.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 0. Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 60 percent possession rate.

2ND HALF

Manhattan put themselves up 2 - 0 when Cory Eddy broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him.

A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Manhattan´s Ulf Borgbrant putting the lead up to 3 - 0.

Manhattan put themselves up 4 - 0 when Cezar Lupescu broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him.

The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 61 percent possession of the ball. The match ends 4 - 0.

Goals
Lupescu 2 (6) - 10th overall tally this season
Eddy
Borgbrant (2)

Cards
Borgbrant (1*) - he's already served one suspension this season for the double yellow in last Sunday's game

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4.5

Long - 3
Collado - 3.5
Eddy - 4

Iglesias - 3
Håkansson - 4.5*
Borgbrant - 4
Gamarra - 3
Wahl - 2.5

Lentz - 3.5
Lupescu - 3.5

Total - 39

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders

NSI: 80

JuventusNY
Midfield: Passable (6)
Left Side Attack: Passable (6)
NSI: 65

Notes

After just barely drawing 27,500 on Wednesday, this crowd is much more like it! $315,665 is a great pay day, and I'm hoping to get 2/3 of roughly that much in this Wednesday's Cup game, which will be my last. The victory pumped up my confidence another level, which will be nice considering I should get thrashed on Wednesday. There were some anxious moments there, and I think Juventus kind of got screwed by the margin of victory, but it ultimately doesn't matter since no one is catching Snuzers who had some more pixie dust sprayed on their game as you'll see.

RESULTS

Heavenly Angel 1 - 1 Ross' Roughriders - This is a bigger game for Angel than Ross given that Angel is the home team and he still hasn't played Snuzers yet (which is likely 2 guaranteed losses). A win will give either team a cushion, but a loss probably won't be the worst thing either since one of these two teams is likely to be in a qualifier, and that's better than a 3rd/4th place finish as we all know. NSI = Angel (66), Ross (65).

Slingtown Slam Pigs 0 - 6 Hawaii SunRays - I expect Hawaii to win easily, but if he chooses to tank this game, he could very well autodemote which is a distinct possibility as well. NSI = SSP (26), Hawaii (50).

Don't Hate Me 0 - 8 Snuzers - Snuzers' top middie is injured, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him win 7-0 or 8-0 since he whipped my ass last week. Only FOUR event goals for Snuzers this week despite overconfidence, the engine absolutely LOVES this team. NSI = DHM (32), Snuzers (67).

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Team Played Goals Points

1. Snuzers 4 22 - 0 12

2. Manhattan Marauders 4 13 - 5 9
3. Heavenly Angel 4 7 - 5 7
4. Ross' Roughriders 4 9 - 9 7

5. JuventusNY 4 14 - 10 6
6. Hawaii SunRays 4 9 - 12 3

7. Slingtown Slam Pigs 4 0 - 16 1
8. Don't Hate Me 4 0 - 17 1

Last edited by NAIWF : 03-28-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:12 PM   #38
NAIWF
College Prospect

This is the longest I've ever lasted in the Cup, and it's going to be an ugly one with me going up against a D3 team whose back up midfield is better than my starting group. I'm PICing just to get my TS up a bit for the next couple of league games. The longterm benefits aren't there, but for temporary purposes it'll do.

US Open Cup - Round 5

Opponent's last game - Tikkun - Last Cup game vs FOFC's Aviators

Midfield: outstanding
Right Defence: solid
Central Defence: excellent
Left Defence: passable
Right Attack: formidable
Left Attack: magnificent
NSI: 81

FORMATION: standard 3-5-2 at excellent experience, calm (6) TS, PIC

PREDICTION: 4-1 loss (Lupescu)

Manhattan Marauders vs Tikkun

Date: 4/1/2004 at 01.00
Arena: Manhattan Marauders Arena
Crowd: 49,950 (50,000)

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (18th career start, 4.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (50th career start, 3*)
Central Defender: # 7 - Cory Eddy (50th career start, 4*)
Left Wingback: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (55th career start, 3.5*)

Right Winger: #11 - Jonathan Iglesias (24th career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 13 - René-Michel Letourneau (18th career start, 2.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 16 - Bob Smith (15th career start, 2.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 15 - Eduard Radu (6th career start, 3*)
Left Winger: #4 - Salvador Wahl (11th career start, 2,5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (37th career start, 3.5*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (15th career start, 3.5*)

Substitutes
Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson

PREGAME

49,950 spectators had come to Manhattan Marauders Arena this cloudy day.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Hasan - Long, Eddy, Collado - Iglesias, Letourneau, Smith, Radu, Wahl - Lupescu, Lentz.

Tikkun tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Monreal - Määttä, Vahey, MacChlery - Gemill, Gripenhall, German, Polk, Dunai - Brandstedt, van Veldhoven.

1ST HALF

Cezar Lupescu gave his Manhattan the lead with 1 - 0, as he successfully challenged both the guests central defenders, then placed the ball unreachably at the goaltenders right post.

26 minutes into the game Tikkun´s Jelle van Veldhoven found a gap in the home sides central defense scoring with a long shot, making it 1 - 1.

Manhattan's Cristof Lentz got himself booked after a foul.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Tikkun, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

2ND HALF

Tikkun took the lead after 67 minutes with 1 - 2. Harlan Polk placed the ball out of reach for the home sides keeper after a fine move, coming in from the left.

Heith Gemill of Tikkun received a yellow card in the 71st minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

In the 74:th minute Tikkun put themselves up 1 - 3 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Heith Gemill.

After this Tikkun lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Tikkun came close to extending their lead as Jelle van Veldhoven delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal.

The referee showed Tikkun's Harlan Polk the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge.

Manhattan were forced to a substitution as Bob Smith couldn´t continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Peter Håkansson to come in from the sidelines. (DAMN)

Tikkun, bringing the final ball possession rate to 67 percent, dominated the battle. The match ends 1 - 3.

Goals
Lupescu (5) - 11th goal overall this season

Cards
Lentz (2)

Injuries
Smith (+3) He was my # 3 trainee, but this still hurts as I'll have to slide a winger into his spot until he returns.

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4.5

Long - 3
Eddy - 4
Collado - 4

Iglesias - 3
Letourneau - 3
Håkansson - 4.5*
Radu - 3
Wahl - 2.5

Lentz - 3.5
Lupescu - 3.5

Smith **inj** - 2

Total - 38.5

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders
NSI: 70

Tikkun
Midfield: Outstanding (10)
Right Side Defence: Solid (7)
Left Side Defence: Passable (6)
Central Attack: Formidable (9)
Left Side Attack: Brilliant (11)

Notes

With today's ticket sales I managed to bring in $537,268 this week with two home games! In just a few days, I went from about $1.25 million to $1.83 this week, meaning I'm much closer to being able to pick up that big time forward I need.

The loss didn't even hurt my confidence or supporter attitude, so this was a good day all around aside from the injury Smith picked up. Ross' roughriders got thumped by D2's Aguilas (5-0), so my whole series is now out of Cup action until next season.

Last edited by NAIWF : 03-31-2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #39
NAIWF
College Prospect

3/31/2004 Sold Ronny Ramsey to Real Sociedad S.A.D. 118 000 US$ (34 000 US$)

GOOD NEWS

I rebounded in league play with a solid 4-0 win. Although I have no chance of finishing 1st (being 3 points and 14 down in GD to a team that has the luck of the Irish), I definitely don't want to end up 3rd ever again, so every win is necessary.

I made over 530K in ticket revenue with 2 near sell outs.

A youth pull actually sold for more than 5K, as you can see above.

BAD NEWS

My Cup run ended with a 3-1 loss, in a game I could have won had I played all my starters, d'oh! On the positive side, with only 33% possession while PICing, it could have been a lot worse.

Games Played

1. Jamey Judd (wing) - 62*
2. Anders Wiling (def) - 55*
2. Ubaldo Matildo Collado (def) - 55*
4. Brian Long (def) - 50*
4. Cory Eddy (def) - 50*

Total Goals
1. Cristof Lentz (for) - 42*
3. Cezar Lupescu (for) - 21*

League Goals
3. Cezar Lupescu (for) - 11*

Clean Sheets
1. John Amos - 13
2. Aimo Hasan - 11*
3. Jessie Warner - 7

Individual Star Rating

Team Star Rating
2. 41.0 vs Vols - 2/9/04

NSI Rating
3. 81 vs Once again - 3/18/04 (road normal, Cup)
Old 04-01-2004, 08:36 PM   #40
NAIWF
College Prospect

Training Results

I'm not expecting any pops for about 4 more weeks, but at the same time, I also have two relatively new trainees, so anything is possible . . . and I finally catch a break this season!

Eduard Radu
18 years, solid form, healthy
Has disastrous experience and wretched leadership abilities

Assessed value: 248 000 US$
Wage: 1 476 US$/week including 20% Bonus

Code:
Stamina: inadequate Goaltending: disastrous Playmaking: formidable Passing: wretched Winger: poor Defending: inadequate Scoring: poor Set Pieces: passable

I paid 700K for him just 5 weeks ago. Unfortunately, he didn't gain any stamina last week (he was my only middie trainee that didn't, grr), but I'm confident that by the time next season rolls around he'll be at passable stamina/outstanding PM which is not too bad. I'm really happy that he received a little bit of extra training with his last team though, that was an unexpected bonus.

Form Changes

6 players improved in form this week. (starting defenders Cory Eddy (excellent) & Ubaldo Matildo Collado (solid), starting forward Cezar Lupescu (solid), trainee René-Michel Letourneau (passable), injured (starting) winger Jamey Judd (passable), and one back up)

2 players decreased in form this week. (starting winger Jonathan Iglesias (inadequate) & 1 back up)

Value

Average Player Value: $336,947 (N/A)
Total Player Value (19 players): $6,402,000 (N/A)

I didn't bother to do an update last week because it was a stamina training week.

Team Record: Ulf Borgbrant's value of $1,144,000 from a few weeks ago is still the record.

Old 04-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #41
NAIWF
College Prospect

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Youth Pull

Carlos Delgado
Has disastrous experience and weak leadership abilities.

Assessed value: 17 000 US$
Wage: 580 US$/week

Playmaking: weak Passing: poor
Scoring: poor Set Pieces: weak

Fired.

Finances

Code:
Cash funds: 1 824 304 US$ (1 759 750) US$ Sponsors: dancing in the streets (E) Supporter Club: 1540 members (+17) Supporters: high on life (E) This week Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 32 500 Sponsors 78 870 Wages 48 624 Financial 7 700 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 48 000 Youth squad 20 000 Revenue 86 570 Expenses 151 124 Expected income/loss -64 554

I made a little more than 575K last week, so taking a bit of a hit this week won't hurt me too much.

Next: A league game at Hawaii Sun Rays who run a 3-4-3 and won't be able to do better than an inadequate midfield. I'm playing normal, and expecting at least a high excellent, so this one should be fairly simple.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #42
NAIWF
College Prospect

Everyone's ratings here use their best ratings from the two games played last week, although some midfields may be predicted to be a step higher based on gut reaction to what may have been PICs last week. It's possible that Hawaii, Ross, Snuzers, Angel and myself might be a level lower than the guess listed here.

# 6 Hawaii SunRays (9-12 GD, 3 pts) vs # 2 Manhattan Marauders (13-5 GD, 9 pts)

Code:
Midfield: inadequate (5) formidable (9) Right Defence: passable (6) outstanding (10) Central Defence: formidable (9) formidable (9) Left Defence: excellent (8) formidable (9) Right Attack: formidable (9) formidable (9) Central Attack: excellent (8) formidable (9) Left Attack: formidable (9) excellent (8)

Hawaii will probably try to press me, which will hurt their limited number of chances to score more than mine. I think I can get at least 2 goals just based on possession, and the fact he's no more than a coin flip favorite to stop any of my shots, so I'm expecting to take this one by a 2 goal margin or so.

Expected score Manhattan 3, Hawaii 1

# 1 Snuzers (22-0 GD, 12 pts) vs # 3 Heavenly Angel (7-5 GD, 7 pts)

Code:
Midfield: formidable (9) inadequate (5) Right Defence: outstanding (10) outstanding (10) Central Defence: formidable (9) magnificent (12) Left Defence: excellent (8) outstanding (10) Right Attack: excellent (8) passable (6) Central Attack: solid (7) solid (7) Left Attack: solid (7) poor (3)

If this were any team but Snuzers, I'd call this one a 1-1 draw, but with the blessed luck he's had lately, I wouldn't be shocked to see him win by 6. The best I could hope for here would be a draw, but I'm not expecting the engine to give me any help after I got smoked 5-0 by Snuzers in what was no more than a 1-2 goal game. Angel will need to keep this close because he won't be able to blow anyone out with his paltry offense and it's likely 3 teams could end the season with the same number of points (Angel, Juventus & Ross)

Expected score Snuzers 3, Angel 1

# 5 JuventusNY (14-10 GD, 6 pts) vs # 8 Don't Hate Me (0-17 GD, 1 pt)

Code:
Midfield: passable (6) wretched (2) Right Defence: formidable (9) weak (4) Central Defence: outstanding (10) inadequate (5) Left Defence: outstanding (10) passable (6) Right Attack: passable (6) poor (3) Central Attack: passable (6) weak (4) Left Attack: passable (6) weak (4)

Juventus should be able to get back on track here after a 4-0 loss to me last week. Again, I do not expect DHM to tally a goal since they don't seem to have any chance of getting an SE goal.

Expected score Juventus 3, DHM 0

# 4 Ross' Roughriders (9-9 GD, 7 pts) vs # 7 Slingtown Slam Pigs (0-16 GD, 1 pt)

Code:
Midfield: inadequate (5) disastrous (1) Right Defence: formidable (9) passable (6) Central Defence: formidable (9) passable (6) Left Defence: solid (7) weak (4) Right Attack: excellent (8) poor (3) Central Attack: formidable (9) wretched (2) Left Attack: excellent (8) wretched (2)

Ross would be wise to PIC this one, but he may play normal in hopes of increasing his GD a bit. With a road game against me next week, I'm going to guess he'll take it easy but still win by 4. SSP also seems to have no shot of getting their first goal of the year at this time.

Expected score Ross 4, SSP 0

Unless Snuzers ties Angel at some point, I don't have a chance in hell of winning this division being 14 behind on GD and most likely due for another screwing when they play at my place in week 12. From now on, there will only be 2 good games weekly since the bots are terrible, and they don't play each other again until week 14.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:03 AM   #43
NAIWF
College Prospect

League - Week 5

Opponent's last game - Hawaii SunRays - win against a bot, so I'm using what I assume to be his max ratings here

Right Side Defence: passable
Central Defence: formidable
Left Side Defence: excellent
Right Side Attack: formidable
Central Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: formidable
NSI: 64

FORMATION: standard 3-5-2 at excellent experience, content (7) TS, normal

My top winger is still out, but is down to +1 for now, so I'm expecting to have him ready to play by next Sunday. I'm playing normal, so I should see at least a high excellent midfield going up against a weak/inadequate one, so this *should* be an easy win, just like last week.

PREDICTION
: 3-1 win (Lupescu 2, Lentz)

Hawaii SunRays vs Manhattan Marauders

Date: 4/5/2004 at 01.00
Arena: SunRays Stadium (Hawaii)
Crowd: 18,282 (20,000)

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (19th career start, 4.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (51st career start, 3*)
Central Defender: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (56th career start, 4*)
Left Wingback: # 7 - Cory Eddy (51st career start, 4*)

Right Winger: # 11 - Jonathan Iglesias (25th career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (24th career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 17 - Gregorio Gamarra (7th career start, 3*)
Inner Midfielder: # 14 - Ulf Borgbrant (24th career start, 4*)
Left Winger: #4 - Salvador Wahl (12th career start, 2.5*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (38th career start, 3.5*)
Forward: # 21 - Cezar Lupescu (16th career start, 3.5*)

Substitutes

PREGAME

18,282 spectators had found their way to SunRays Stadium, despite the heavy rain.

Hawaii started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Gimeno - Hasselstedt, Whitten, Rogersson - Blocher, Upadhayaya, Brizuela, Llorente - Beagrie, Pence, Gilliland.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Hasan - Long, Collado, Eddy - Iglesias, Håkansson, Borgbrant, Gamarra, Wahl - Lupescu, Lentz.

1ST HALF

Hawaii strategy involved pressing and cutting off attack angles of their opponents from all over the field.

At this time in the match, Hawaii were using their skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents.

There wasn´t much opportunity for rapid movements this wet day, which hindered Juan Brizuela in particular.

In the 26:th minute cheers broke out as Matt Pence found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Hawaii. (WTF?)

Manhattan made a substitution in the 29:th minute. Cezar Lupescu limped off the field and was replaced by Jerome Harden. (This is NOT good)

Some brilliant football from the visitors right wing resulted in a 32nd minute levelling of scores as Manhattan's Cristof Lentz equalised to 1 - 1.

The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate.

2ND HALF

Jerome Harden came close to putting the visiting team one up in the 56:th minute, following a solo raid down the middle, but Ulises Gimeno managed to tip the ball to a corner.

In the 61st minute the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending and Cristof Lentz put the ball away for 1 - 2.

Manhattan had, after 70 minutes of the game, worked the left side industriously, creating several opportunities to add to their lead, but somehow didn´t achieve closure.

One of many good passes from Salvador Wahl at the wing was recieved and skillfully taken care of by Cristof Lentz, scoring for Manhattan to 1 - 3. This third goal made a hat trick for Cristof Lentz.

After this Manhattan lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

Gregorio Gamarra increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 1 - 4.

Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 69 percent possession rate. The match ends 1 - 4.

Goals
Lentz 3 (3) - 7 on the season
Gamarra

Injuries
Lupescu (+2)

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4.5

Long - 3
Collado - 3.5
Eddy - 4

Iglesias - 3
Håkansson - 4.5*
Borgbrant - 4
Gamarra - 3
Wahl - 3

Lentz - 3.5
Harden - 1.5

Lupescu **inj** - 2.5

Total - 37.5

Team Ratings

Hawaii SunRays

Right Side Defence: Passable (6)
Central Attack: Outstanding (10)
Left Side Attack: Outstanding (10)
NSI: 68

Manhattan Marauders
Midfield: Excellent (8)
Central Attack: Solid (7)
NSI: 74

Notes

My ratings were subpar, and the injury bug is getting ridiculous now. In the last 5 games my best forward, winger and goalie have all been injured along with one of my trainees. The Snuzers finally got a bit of what they dished out, and there's still a chance for me to win the title now if I can win out. At this point in the season, we'll take any 'W' we can.

The best news as far as my game went is that Lupescu bumped up to passable experience (passable leadership & popular too) even without finishing the game At this rate, I should be able to convert him to a coach sometime before next season ends, and I'll FINALLY be able to conserve some TS.

RESULTS

Snuzers 0-0 Heavenly Angel - I expect Snuzers to dominate since they're at home, have the better midfield AND they've been blessed by the engine in every game thus far. A draw would be the call if any other equally skilled team was playing Angel here. NSI = Snuzers (82), Angel (66).

Ross' Roughriders 7-0 Slingtown Slam Pigs - I expect Ross to blow SSP out. I don't expect the Pigs to score in this game either. NSI = Ross (59), SSP (31).

Juventus NY 8-0 Don't Hate Me - See the prior game and substitute Juventus for Ross and DHM for SSP. NSI = Juventus (66), DHM (31).

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Team Played Goals Points

1. Snuzers 5 22 - 0 13

2. Manhattan Marauders 5 17 - 6 12
3. Ross' Roughriders 5 16 - 9 10
4. JuventusNY 5 22 - 10 9

5. Heavenly Angel 5 7 - 5 8
6. Hawaii SunRays 5 10 - 16 3

7. Slingtown Slam Pigs 5 0 - 23 1
8. Don't Hate Me 5 0 - 25 1
Old 04-06-2004, 03:16 PM   #44
NAIWF
College Prospect

I am just hoping to get through this game injury free as I have 2 starters and a trainee out already.

PREGAME

793 spectators arrived at Olympic Arena, where weather conditions were pretty good for football.

Oberasbach tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Foss - Lohmühle, Omsewitz, Zerpernick - Stevens, Fasanerie, Barton, Transkog, Stawedder - Wanker, Pratt.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Ivey - Long, Collado, Eddy - Iglesias, Letourneau, Wahl, Radu, Kilpatrick - Lentz, Harden.

1ST HALF

After 4 minutes Manhattan's Cristof Lentz made his way through the middle, putting the visitors up 0 - 1.

In the 5:th minute Oberasbach's Marshall Pratt received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first.

8 minutes into the game Elliot Stevens was really close to evening the score out with a dangerous long range shot, but the ball went just wide of the bar.

The visitor's Salvador Wahl took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 19:th minute. 0 - 2 for Manhattan.

Mathis Wanker of Oberasbach received a yellow card in the 28:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Damion Kilpatrick increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 3.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 3. The 45 minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 63 percent possession of the ball.

2ND HALF

As Ubaldo Matildo Collado had, completely unprovoked, swept the legs out from under an opponent in front of a linesman, the referee gave the Manhattan player a red card without batting an eye.

Marshall Pratt hit the ball just perfect in the 57:th minute and could score for Oberasbach with a fab long shot to 1 - 3.

Damion Kilpatrick came close to extending the visitors lead as he, completely unmarked in front of the goal, lifted a ball over Mike Foss, hitting the bar.

The visitor's Damion Kilpatrick took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 79:th minute. 1 - 4 for Manhattan.

Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 72 percent possession rate. The match ends 1 - 4.

Goals
Kilpatrick - 2
Lentz
Wahl

Cards
Collado - RED

Player Ratings

Ivey - 3

Long - 3

Eddy - 4*

Iglesias - 3
Letourneau - 3.5 (NEW high)
Wahl - 2.5
Radu - 3.5 (NEW high)
Kilpatrick - 2

Lentz - 3.5
Harden - 1.5

Total - 29.5

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders

Notes

I didn't pick up any injuries and two of my midfield trainees hit new highs in stars, so this was a good game with the exception of losing $3,400 on the trip. I'm hoping Letourneau pops this week since he's a level of form lower than Radu who reached formidable last week, but just as effective on the field.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:22 PM   #45
NAIWF
College Prospect

Training Results

I'm not expecting any pops for 4 more weeks . . . and that's how things worked out.

Form Changes

3 players improved in form this week. (starting wingers Salvador Wahl (solid) & Jonathan Iglesias (passable), (injured) winger Jamey Judd (solid)

5 players decreased in form this week. (starting middies Gregorio Gamarra & Peter Håkansson (passable), trainee Bob Smith (inadequate), back up goalie Kelly Ivey (-2 to weak) & one other back up)

Ugh. My middies are in bad form, but my wingers picked it up a bit. I'll probably train stamina next week since I've got back to back games against scrubs and I'll need the midfield help down the stretch/next season.

Value

Average Player Value: $341,105 (+4,158)
Total Player Value (19 players): $6,481,000 (+79,000)

Having three injured players doesn't really help and neither did the form hits. I'm not too bothered though.

Team Record: Ulf Borgbrant's value rose (from $1,121,000) to $1,174,000.

Old 04-10-2004, 06:47 PM   #46
NAIWF
College Prospect

END OF WEEK UPDATE

Youth Pull

Kenneth Kilpatrick (29401881)

Assessed value: 62 000 US$
Wage: 800 US$/week

Playmaking: disastrous Passing: passable
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

A very good fit for anyone who runs a CA set-up. I'm happy with the idea of selling him, which will be a shocking 2 sales in 3 weeks

Finances

Code:
Cash funds: 1 756 906 US$ (1 693 407) US$ Sponsors: dancing in the streets (E) Supporter Club: 1558 members (+18) Supporters: high on life (E) This week Revenue Expenses Crowd 0 Arena 32 500 Sponsors 80 025 Wages 48 624 Financial 9 100 Interest 0 Temporary 0 Temporary 2 000 Staff 49 500 Youth squad 20 000 Revenue 89 125 Expenses 152 624 Expected income/loss -63 499

I should be able to sell Kilpatrick for a decent amount, and I've got a home game against the # 3 team in the series tomorrow, so I should be close to, if not over $2 million by the end of the week.

Next: A home league game against # 3 Ross' Roughriders who shouldn't be able to threaten me due to their weak/inadequate midfield.
Old 04-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #47
NAIWF
College Prospect

Everyone's ratings here use last Sunday's ratings with some minor midfield adjustments.

# 2 Manhattan Marauders (17-6 GD, 12 pts) vs # 3 Ross' Roughriders (16-9 GD, 10 pts)

Code:
Midfield: formidable (9) inadequate (5) Right Defence: outstanding (10) excellent (8) Central Defence: formidable (9) solid (7) Left Defence: formidable (9) passable (6) Right Attack: formidable (9) excellent (8) Central Attack: formidable (9) formidable (9) Left Attack: excellent (8) passable (6)

Ross strictly runs a 3-4-3 and shouldn't be able to get more than 40% of the possession in the game. My midfield might take a slight hit this week, but I don't think his defense is good enough to stop me frequently. I'm tempted to say 4-1 will be the score, but I'll dip it down to a 3-1 result for the home team.

Expected score Manhattan 3, Ross 1

# 1 Snuzers (22-0 GD, 13 pts) vs # 4 JuventusNY (22-10 GD, 9 pts)

Code:
Midfield: formidable (9) inadequate (5) Right Defence: outstanding (10) outstanding (10) Central Defence: formidable (9) excellent (8) Left Defence: excellent (8) formidable (9) Right Attack: excellent (8) solid (7) Central Attack: solid (7) solid (7) Left Attack: solid (7) solid (7)

Snuzers finally took a hit with a 0-0 draw against Angel last week. He put up a brilliant midfield playing normal I guess, so I'm expecting that he'll dip to formidable with a PIC here. Juventus played me pretty tough for a half before conceding 3 late goals. I'm going to expect the same to happen in this one.

Expected score Snuzers 4, Juventus 1

# 5 Heavenly Angel (7-5 GD, 8 pts) vs # 7 Slingtown Slam Pigs (0-23 GD, 1 pt)

Code:
Midfield: inadequate (5) disastrous (1) Right Defence: brilliant (11) passable (6) Central Defence: magnificent (12) passable (6) Left Defence: world class (13) weak (4) Right Attack: passable (6) poor (3) Central Attack: passable (6) wretched (2) Left Attack: poor (3) wretched (2)

Angel should PIC this one and still win easily. There's NO way SSP will score on their defense without the aid of a SE, so it seems as though the scoreless streak will continue. If my guesses are correct with Ross and Juventus both losing, Angel could jump back into 3rd with this victory.

Expected score Angel 3, SSP 0

# 8 Don't Hate Me (0-25 GD, 1 pt) vs # 6 Hawaii SunRays (10-16 GD, 3 pts)

Code:
Midfield: wretched (2) weak (4) Right Defence: poor (3) passable (6) Central Defence: inadequate (5) outstanding (10) Left Defence: passable (6) outstanding (10) Right Attack: poor (3) outstanding (10) Central Attack: weak (4) outstanding (10) Left Attack: weak (4) outstanding (10)

Hawaii will win this one, and I also expect that DHM will remain scoreless on the season.

Expected score Hawaii 4, DHM 0

Hawaii is all but guaranteed 6th place with a win on Sunday. Snuzers and I will finish 1/2 although that order could change if I beat them at home in week 12. I'm leaning towards Angel getting 3rd and Ross finishing 4th since Juventus has been unable to do anything against the better teams (3-0 20-1 GD against bottom 3, 0-2 2-9 GD against top 4) like always. Career wise Juventus is 0-5 against me (1-18 GD), 0-4 versus Snuzers (1-14) & 0-5-1 against Ross (9-24), for a combined 0-14-1 (11-56).
Old 04-12-2004, 01:08 AM   #48
NAIWF
College Prospect

League - Week 6

Opponent's last game - Ross' Roughriders - home league win against a bot

Right Side Defence: excellent
Left Side Defence: passable
Right Side Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: passable
NSI: 59

My top forward is still out, but I've got Judd back in the lineup. I have to hope he doesn't get injured again though since I'm thin at winger. It's probably going to rain though which means my attendance will suffer, but I'm hoping either Wahl, or Lentz gets the weather boost as Powerful players.

PREDICTION: 3-1 win (Lentz 2, Letourneau)

Manhattan Marauders vs Ross' Roughriders

Date: 4/12/2004 at 01.00
Crowd: 34,898 (50,000) - not bad for a rainy day

Starters

Goalie: #1 - Aimo Hasan (20th career start, 4.5* last time out)

Right Wingback: # 5 - Brian Long (53rd career start, 3*)
Central Defender: # 6 - Ubaldo Matildo Collado (56th career start, 3.5*)
Left Wingback: # 7 - Cory Eddy (53rd career start, 4*)

Right Winger: # 10 - Jamey Judd (63rd career start, 4*)
Inner Midfielder: # 12 - Peter Håkansson (25th career start, 4.5*)
Inner Midfielder: #13 - René-Michel Letourneau (20th career start, 3.5*)
Inner Midfielder: # 14 - Ulf Borgbrant (25th career start, 4*)
Left Winger: #4 - Salvador Wahl (14th career start, 3*)

Forward: # 20 - Cristof Lentz (40th career start, 3.5*)
Forward: # 11 - Jonathan Iglesias (27th career start, 3*)

Team Captain: # 10 Judd

Substitutes

PREGAME

Due to an all-day shower, 34898 paying spectators got to see a match on a pitch-turned-bog at Manhattan Marauders Arena.

Manhattan had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Hasan - Long, Collado, Eddy - Judd, Håkansson, Borgbrant, Letourneau, Wahl - Iglesias, Lentz.

Roughriders had chosen a strategic 3-4-3 formation. The following players had been chosen: Gay - Hansen , Coburn, García Roca - Louwerens, Targeau, Salas, Newton - Simpson, Peto"fi, Hwa-Ja.

1ST HALF

Roughriders seemed to prefer attacking in the middle.

Manhattan's Cory Eddy gave, after 3 minutes, the home team a 1 - 0 lead after an attack coming in from the right.

Manhattan put themselves up 2 - 0 when Jamey Judd broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him.

The muddy pitch made the game a gritty affair, which seemed to suit Cristof Lentz just fine.

Cristof Lentz struck a 30 metre free kick home in the 30:th minute. 3 - 0 for the home team.

A crazy pass by Leo Coburn towards his own goalie almost caused a goal for Manhattan, but Jonathan Iglesias didn't get the finish right.

Manhattan put their lead ahead another goal as Jonathan Iglesias struck home the 4 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

Cory Eddy should probably have put his team up another goal in the 40:th minute, but some great goaltending by Mark Gay kept the visitors in the game.

The teams went for a half-time break at 4 - 0. Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 64 percent possession rate.

2ND HALF

In the games 58:th minute, Cristof Lentz could have extended the lead, but his very hard free kick went just over the bar.

A couple of quick and successful challenges, followed by a shot from just outside the penalty area after 60 minutes might have resulted in another goal for Manhattan. However, Mark Gay made a spectacular save.

Roughriders had a fair chance to reply after 61 minutes, due to some fine moves down the left, but in the end no one was there to put their head to the ball as it was lifted into the box.

Tang Hwa-Ja of Roughriders received a yellow card in the 62nd minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour.

Manhattan put their lead ahead another goal as Cristof Lentz struck home the 5 - 0 goal, after an attack from the left setting him up unmarked with the keeper.

A great save by goaltender Mark Gay in the 73rd minute kept the visitors in the game as Cristof Lentz struck from the left with a real cannonball.

The 45 minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 66 percent possession of the ball. The match ends 5 - 0.

Goals
Lentz 2 (5) - 10th overall
Eddy (2) - 3rd of the year
Judd
Iglesias (2)

Player Ratings

Hasan - 4.5

Long - 3
Collado - 4
Eddy - 4

Judd - 3.5
Håkansson - 4.5*
Letourneau - 3.5
Borgbrant - 4
Wahl - 3

Lentz - 3.5
Iglesias - 2.5

Total - 40

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders

Ross' Roughriders
Right Side Defence: Solid (7)
Left Side Defence: Solid (7)
Central Attack: Outstanding (10)

Notes

I'm ecstatic that no one else got hurt, and the margin of victory was larger than I expected even with all the misses in the second half. My ratings as a whole were pretty solid considering my top forward missed the game due to injury and some of my middies are not in top form. The next two weeks will be easy though, as I take on the Slingtown Slam Pigs who are a 28-31 NSI team. I'll probably play normal this coming week and just PIC the second game since I'm still trying to catch up on GD, and my coach can't conserve TS for very long anyway.

RESULTS

Heavenly Angel 3-0 Slingtown Slam Pigs - I expect Angel to get this one easily even with a PIC, and I don't think the Pigs will have scored a goal on the season as I'm set to meet them the next 2 weeks. NSI = Angel (63), SSP (28).

Snuzers 3-0 Juventus NY - Snuzers is out for blood after last week's tie, and his midfield is too strong for Juventus', so I expect a 2-3 goal margin. Ironically, Juventus is the only one of us who trains keeper and even still, he only has the 3rd or 4th best defense in the league. NSI = Snuzers (77), Juventus (65).

Don't Hate Me 0-10 Hawaii SunRays - Hawaii should win and secure themselves a top 6 finish. DHM may also be scoreless going into week 9 as they draw the Roughriders for the next 2 weeks. NSI = DHM (31), Hawaii (67).

LEAGUE STANDINGS

Team Played Goals Points

1. Snuzers 6 25 - 0 16

2. Manhattan Marauders 6 22 - 6 15
3. Heavenly Angel 6 10 - 5 11
4. Ross' Roughriders 6 16 - 14 10

5. JuventusNY 6 22 - 13 9
6. Hawaii SunRays 6 20 - 16 6

7. Slingtown Slam Pigs 6 0 - 26 1
8. Don't Hate Me 6 0 - 35 1
Old 04-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #49
NAIWF
College Prospect

Yet another friendly in Germany. I've opted to try and find games there since they occur before the 5 PM injury updates, and an extra day could make all the difference between someone being considered "bruised but training" and "bruised but playing".

PREGAME

Weather conditions were fairly good for football, and Zentralsportpark Markkleeberg saw a crowd turnout of 5,237.

Kickers started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. They fielded: Drehsen - Ranbrant, Jäger, Gampe - Weber, Preim, Mueller, Wenzel - Meier, Fredriksson, Bartley.

Manhattan tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. Lineup: Ivey - K. Kilpatrick, Eddy, Collado - D. Kilpatrick, Gamarra, Smith, Radu, Iglesias - Lentz, Harden.

1ST HALF

After 17 minutes Manhattan put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Bob Smith finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post.

Manhattan's Ubaldo Matildo Collado had in the 22nd minute a header that touched the bar, following yet another fine corner.

Eduard Radu was, after 30 minutes, almost able to extend the visitors lead with a well placed diving header but home side keeper Gunter Drehsen saved.

Kickers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team.

Manhattan´s Cristof Lentz received a play slashing through the home side´s defense in the 34:th minute, chipping it past the keeper scoring 0 - 2. The home crowd was not pleased with that one.

Kickers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team.

The visitor's Jerome Harden took advantage of an error due to a misunderstanding between the home side´s goalie and central backs in the 41st minute. 0 - 3 for Manhattan.

In the 45:th minute Manhattan put themselves up 0 - 4 after an attack from the right, caused by a defensive blunder. Scorer was Damion Kilpatrick.

After this Manhattan lowered the tempo in order to concentrate on their defensive efforts.

The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 4. The 45 minutes were dominated by Manhattan, with an impressive 67 percent possession of the ball.

2ND HALF

During the break Kickers´ coach went through the teams new tactics yet again.

Cristof Lentz increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 5.

Jonathan Iglesias increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 6.

In the game´s 55:th minute a free kick by Cristof Lentz found it´s way through the home side´s poorly assembled defensive formation, making Manhattan´s lead 0 - 7. At that, Cristof Lentz was noted down for a hat trick.

The home crowd was given a certain amount of consolation when Xaver Gampe, after a brilliant midfield combination, put the reducing 1 - 7 goal away for Kickers.

Manhattan held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate. The match ends 1 - 7.

Goals
Lentz - 3
Smith
Harden
D. Kilpatrick
Iglesias

Player Ratings

Ivey - 2.5

K. Kilpatrick - 2.5
Eddy - 4
Collado - 4*

D. Kilpatrick - 1.5
Gamarra - 3
Smith - 2.5
Radu - 3.5
Iglesias - 3

Lentz - 3.5
Harden - 1

Total - 31

Team Ratings

Manhattan Marauders

Right Side Defence: Excellent (8)
Left Side Defence: Excellent (8)
Central Attack: Inadequate (5)
NSI: 58

Notes

I didn't pick up any new injuries and made just over $10,750 on the trip. The only negative about today is that I can't play these 3 middies together due to their horrible second half stamina, as a 14% decrease in possession is staggering. I'm going to have to train stamina again before the end of the season, and next week looks likely.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #50
NAIWF
College Prospect

I don't usually post mediocre sales, but this one definitely surprised me.

Kenneth Kilpatrick (29401881)
A controversial person who is balanced and upright.

Assessed value: 62 000 US$
Wage: 800 US$/week

Playmaking: disastrous Passing: passable
Winger: wretched Defending: passable
Scoring: disastrous Set Pieces: disastrous

I certainly don't think he was worth 200K, and never would have paid that much for him when I was training "D', but two teams that have been around for more than 6 months certainly disagreed with me as they upped the bidding from 60-200K in less than 10 minutes. Two weeks ago, I sold a 19 yo solid defender with the Header specialty for 118K. Naturally, when I was training defenders I pulled a few good PM trainee prospects, and now that I'm training PM, I'm only drawing defensive prospects! I swear I do not understand how this game is random at all, especially when it seems to mock me consistently.

I now have just over $2.125 million in the bank and hope to be able to find a bargain on an outstanding striker within the next 2 weeks. Unfortunately, every guy I've targetted has gone for at least $2.2-2.4 million and that's with poor passing, which is the minimum basically. I guess this truly is a seller's market.