Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
What do people think of a game where dead players are still allowed to comment on the game? Obviously this would favor the village somewhat, but that could be balanced out in other ways.

we did a game a long time ago where people came back as "ghosts". I'll try to find it if you like and you can read it.

IIRC the ghosts could still vote but not offer input.

Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #52
Gonzo
Mascot

What about a game where there are no role reveals, but dead players can talk freely? Would that work at all?
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #53
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'll never play in another non reveal game again
Old 08-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #54
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Any ideas how to handle this? I think it might be a good idea, especially for those that die early in the game and then have to wait for the next game to start, but I'm not sure how it would work.

Well, game balance is always a tricky thing. I usually start with a ratio of 1 wolf per 8 players, and guesstimate how the ratio should change with additions of seer, conversion possibility, bodyguard, etc. I'm not sure how much of an advantage this would be for the village. It would obviously nullify the wolf strategy of going after the active, thoughtful players, but because there will be more people posting as the game goes on it might actually make an utr strategy much more effective.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #55
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
we did a game a long time ago where people came back as "ghosts". I'll try to find it if you like and you can read it.

IIRC the ghosts could still vote but not offer input.

I remember that game, what I'm talking about is a bit different.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #56
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I remember that game, what I'm talking about is a bit different.

well excuse me for trying to help
Old 08-12-2007, 02:16 PM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what about a game where there are no deaths.

Something where people either get "permenantly protected" or "converted"

would have the advantage of being talkative through the whole game...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #58
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Werewolf: Othello
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #59
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

I did this a little while back in my Sun and Shadow game.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #60
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I did this a little while back in my Sun and Shadow game.

oh that's right. duhhhh. i played in that game.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:07 AM   #61
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if this has been done before but I had this idea:

3 teams (vampires, werewolves and villagers)

The normal guest to wolves ratios but with the vampires and werewolves splitting up the "bad guys"

Wolves know wolves, vampires know vampires

Wolves win if the vampires are eliminated and the guest to wolf ratio gets to 1:1, same for the vampires

Guests win if all all wolves and vampires are eliminated

There is a seer who can scan one player a night

There is a convert who will become a member of one of the "bad guy" teams if attacked by that team at night. This player will scan as villager before conversion and have a 50% chance of scanning villager after conversion. The victory conditions for this player depend if conversion has happened. If he is still a villager at the end of the game he wins or loses based on villagers. If he has been converted he will win or lose based upon the team that converted him. He (or she) also is the brutal of whatever team he is on. If he is lynched after conversion he will randomly take out a villager who voted to lynch him.

Bodyguard who may protect one person a night. If that person is attacked there is a 50% chance of reveal. Also has a 25% chance of surviving an attack on himself and discovering the identity of the attacker.

Psychic who has a 50% chance of predicting an attack which is about to happen on themselves and avoiding that attack. If attack predicted there will be a 50% chance from there of seeing who the attacker was going to be. This counts for any night attack by either a vampire, wolf or a villager coming after them with a weapon.

Wolves may PM other wolves still in the game.

Vampires may PM other vampires still in the game.

Villagers may not PM.

Random items:
Knife: One time use to attack a player at night.

Baseball bat: Automatic use to protect oneself. 50% chance of thwarting an attack and a 50% chance of identifying the attacker if thwarted.

Disguise: One time use, will disguise the attacker and keep the player from being found to be attacked at night.

Rope: Will tie up one person and keep them from performing their night attack. If the person being tied up has the baseball bat then the bat will not be used if that person is also attacked that night.

It needs to be fleshed out with a story and maybe some more ideas added to it. I know I am new to this and may be either adding too much, or not enough, to the idea. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the idea.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:25 AM   #62
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not sure if this has been done before but I had this idea:

3 teams (vampires, werewolves and villagers)

The normal guest to wolves ratios but with the vampires and werewolves splitting up the "bad guys"

Wolves know wolves, vampires know vampires

Wolves win if the vampires are eliminated and the guest to wolf ratio gets to 1:1, same for the vampires

Guests win if all all wolves and vampires are eliminated

There is a seer who can scan one player a night

There is a convert who will become a member of one of the "bad guy" teams if attacked by that team at night. This player will scan as villager before conversion and have a 50% chance of scanning villager after conversion. The victory conditions for this player depend if conversion has happened. If he is still a villager at the end of the game he wins or loses based on villagers. If he has been converted he will win or lose based upon the team that converted him. He (or she) also is the brutal of whatever team he is on. If he is lynched after conversion he will randomly take out a villager who voted to lynch him.

Bodyguard who may protect one person a night. If that person is attacked there is a 50% chance of reveal. Also has a 25% chance of surviving an attack on himself and discovering the identity of the attacker.

Psychic who has a 50% chance of predicting an attack which is about to happen on themselves and avoiding that attack. If attack predicted there will be a 50% chance from there of seeing who the attacker was going to be. This counts for any night attack by either a vampire, wolf or a villager coming after them with a weapon.

Wolves may PM other wolves still in the game.

Vampires may PM other vampires still in the game.

Villagers may not PM.

Random items:
Knife: One time use to attack a player at night.

Baseball bat: Automatic use to protect oneself. 50% chance of thwarting an attack and a 50% chance of identifying the attacker if thwarted.

Disguise: One time use, will disguise the attacker and keep the player from being found to be attacked at night.

Rope: Will tie up one person and keep them from performing their night attack. If the person being tied up has the baseball bat then the bat will not be used if that person is also attacked that night.

It needs to be fleshed out with a story and maybe some more ideas added to it. I know I am new to this and may be either adding too much, or not enough, to the idea. Feel free to let me know your thoughts on the idea.

Done already, no items though.

Wolves / Mafia / Villagers

Mafia / Cops / Villagers / Serial Killer

both games that I ran.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #63
Barkeep49
Coordinator

EagleFan: While it has been close to done before, the game you describe is pretty close to what I was looking for when I started this thread. Have you thought about getting in the queue to host a game?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #64
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
EagleFan: While it has been close to done before, the game you describe is pretty close to what I was looking for when I started this thread. Have you thought about getting in the queue to host a game?

I have considered it but not sure if my insane work schedule will permit it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #65
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I have considered it but not sure if my insane work schedule will permit it.
I've found that running a game, except if you do something crazy like a game with continuous actions as Alan and I have done, can often take less time than playing. There is, however, the issue of being around at a deadline, though that, with the 24 hour cycle games, is less of an issue than before as the deadline can be a little more flexible.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #66
RendeR
Coordinator

Actually, the game i'm fleshing out for my turn at GMing is a lot like some mentoined here.

I have 3 teams, plus a group of characters(villagers) every villager has a solo-win scenario and every group has a win scenario. Everyone has actions and there are items and locations to take into account as well.

I've almost got the ruleset finished, need to tweak it a bit, but I'l be ready when my turn comes up =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #67
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I wish you luck with that concept Render. Personally I find it is very easy to overreach your grasp in terms of organizing a game like that. Having everyone have roles is complicated enough, adding items makes it worse, and adding locations (as I learned in my Sun and Shadow game) is the final straw of complexity. It becomes a nightmare to keep track of who did what to who, with what, in what location, and it's very easy to make mistakes or lose track of what's going on. Just my two cents.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #68
path12
Coordinator

Balance is the hardest thing to get right. I really try hard to break my rulesets as I develop them, and it still never comes out the way I expect.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:52 AM   #69
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I wish you luck with that concept Render. Personally I find it is very easy to overreach your grasp in terms of organizing a game like that. Having everyone have roles is complicated enough, adding items makes it worse, and adding locations (as I learned in my Sun and Shadow game) is the final straw of complexity. It becomes a nightmare to keep track of who did what to who, with what, in what location, and it's very easy to make mistakes or lose track of what's going on. Just my two cents.

I'm actually quite concerned about losing track of things, and am tryin to build in checks and balances so that as the players makes moves it actually keeps me in line with everything.

I am keeping the items and locations down to a very simplistic basis for each thing (it doesn't read simple, but the overall effect actually is very straightforward.)

been working on this for over a month now.

I fiure I've got at least a month to 6 weeks before my turn comes up anyway perhaps more if we get a couple longer lasting games in.

Having played in a couple like this I really enjoyed them and am using things from all the games I've played.

Only time will tell if I have a big enough mouth to handle al that I'm biting of
Old 11-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #70
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm surprised a Battlestar Galacitca game hasn't been mentioned before as it is the perfect setting for WW. Good theme Render!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #71
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm surprised a Battlestar Galacitca game hasn't been mentioned before as it is the perfect setting for WW. Good theme Render!

Yeah when I thought of it I was like "This is so obvious, I mean the show itself IS a WW game!" Then i went and dug up al the old games and didn't find any using that.

I absolutely love the new BSG series so I'm gonna have fun putting his one together =)