Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #901
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gee, Golden Domer Mr. Wednesday accepted an offer to be Catholic? Shocking!!!!

I'm a little more surprised that the other two accepted - were there compelling in-game reasons to do so?

Racer, nice job of fighting for your win this game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #902
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yeah, that was pretty big, especially since it would have overridden the action to duke it to Chief Rum.
Yeah, but looking at how things turned out, I'm not sure that would have been enough.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #903
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
On second thought, maybe not. After looking at the spreadsheet, Lathum was way too far out of it on the computer ranking.

You're probably right -- you were probably the better shot at the at-large bid. If only you hadn't been scanned. Also, you guys were almost completely killed on Day 7 -- RendeR tried to scan Lathum, and path12 tried to scan Chief Rum, but their opponents did a better job of throwing the game!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #904
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Although I'm at ND, I'm not Catholic.

I made the move because I thought it would be fun. OK, maybe being at ND factored in a little bit, but I figured at the time that there was a realistic chance that I would have a worse chance of winning by making the switch, it just seemed like it would make things a lot more interesting. Unfortunately, path12 nailed me on night 1 of my new affiliation...

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #905
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm a little more surprised that the other two accepted - were there compelling in-game reasons to do so?

Yeah, I figured Mr. Wednesday would definitely join for that reason -- the other two probably joined just to make it more fun.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:47 PM   #906
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Thanks. I wouldn't have ever been in position to win though if I didn't win a lot games where I had about a 50/50 chance of winning. Losing that first game to Barkeep or winning the second game against Barkeep would have been killer. I had the advantage in both, but I don't think I had over a 60 percent chance of getting the desired outcome in either game.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #907
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Thanks. I wouldn't have ever been in position to win though if I didn't win a lot games where I had about a 50/50 chance of winning. Losing that first game to Barkeep or winning the second game against Barkeep would have been killer. I had the advantage in both, but I don't think I had over a 60 percent chance of getting the desired outcome in either game.

I think what might have killed you was if Barkeep49 threw the game against Chief Rum. He wouldn't be in as good of a position with the computers, but it would have made him eligible for the at-large spot (by not winning his conference). He also could have tried throwing the conference championship game as well, but that would have relied on some luck.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #908
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I joined the cathlicos because I had no clue what was happening the whole game. I figured why the hell not.

Thanks for the effort Pass, I just have a hard time catching onto complex games.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:54 PM   #909
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Im about the same, I never could get my head around what was going on! Hell I thouhgt I was winning until about 2PM today......

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #910
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Pass: IF we'd have sabotaged Racer would it have made a difference in the national championship?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #911
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Pass: IF we'd have sabotaged Racer would it have made a difference in the national championship?

No. The random number was such that it wouldn't have mattered.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #912
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Again, sorry if the game was too confusing. My hope was that people would have a while to get together in teams to figure things out, and even if they made a poor matchup choice the first day or something, they'd have some better ideas by then.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 12-13-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #913
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so how did RendeR win the last game w/ Anxiety if "no action" was submitted?

also what happened in my last game w/ jeheintz? it appears I threw it and he did something as well?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #914
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
so how did RendeR win the last game w/ Anxiety if "no action" was submitted?

also what happened in my last game w/ jeheintz? it appears I threw it and he did something as well?

Anxiety threw the game, but didn't submit an action. To be honest, I'm not sure why.

With you and jeheinz72, both of you tried to throw the game, but since he had the better team, he had the better chance to succesfully throw the game (which he did).
Old 12-13-2007, 03:16 PM   #915
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Anxiety threw the game, but didn't submit an action. To be honest, I'm not sure why.

With you and jeheinz72, both of you tried to throw the game, but since he had the better team, he had the better chance to succesfully throw the game (which he did).

Yeah, that was basically my plan. Throw it and since I was infinitely better I'd be pretty certain I was successful.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:22 PM   #916
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Pass: I thought it was an intriguing game, but it didn't feel like WW to me. I enjoyed playing, so don't get me wrong, but that's how it felt.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #917
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Pass: I thought it was an intriguing game, but it didn't feel like WW to me. I enjoyed playing, so don't get me wrong, but that's how it felt.

I would agree with this.

I like blood and killing.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:36 PM   #918
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I can definitely understand that.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #919
chesapeake
College Starter

I only had one WW game under my belt, so maybe the different rule set didn't affect me because I didn't know any better. Thanks for running a great game, Pass. Good for you for not being afraid of going outside of the box.

I am doubly impressed by Racer's victory because his "team" consisted of only 2 people. Other than Swaggs, no one had any incentive to vote for him. We were all going to lose anyway.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #920
molson
General Manager

Quote:

The biggest challenge to me was the lack of deaths. In WW, things can be overwhelming at first, but then the numbers are dwindled, less people are talking, roles and themes are uncovered, and you get a handle on things.

Here, I was in over my head. But it was a really terrific concept.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #921
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I am doubly impressed by Racer's victory because his "team" consisted of only 2 people.
I don't think enough people listened to me when I told them this.

Obviously, I had ulterior motives, I was hoping I could divide you all and sneak one of us in, but I don't think there was enough appreciation for the fact that he was not on your side.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:05 PM   #922
path12
Coordinator

Congrats to Racer and Swaggs. Racer, you were a big help during the game as far as pointing out facets for me to look at while trying to catch up those first couple days, as was Chesapeake.

I enjoyed the game Pass, but I think in a way my role was easier than most -- I knew from the beginning that I was going to have to put aside winning the game in order to try and get as much info as I could, so didn't get too caught up in points analysis and such.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #923
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the game Pass!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #924
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I only had one WW game under my belt, so maybe the different rule set didn't affect me because I didn't know any better. Thanks for running a great game, Pass. Good for you for not being afraid of going outside of the box.

I am doubly impressed by Racer's victory because his "team" consisted of only 2 people. Other than Swaggs, no one had any incentive to vote for him. We were all going to lose anyway.

This was my 3rd so the different rule set didn't really affect me either. I thought something that really helped me out in this game was being a wolf once before. I was able to do a better job at reading between the lines in posts and pms from my conference. After reading Chief Rum's post from very early this morning, I thought he was probably Catholic and is a big reason why I pushed so hard for an alliance today. Likewise, a pm Barkeep sent me just before the deadline on day 5 tipped me off that he was definitely our conference's detractor.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #925
Racer
College Benchwarmer

By the way, thanks to Pass for putting together this game. It was lot of fun.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #926
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the game Pass. I thought it was an interesting change, something fun to do every now and then. The only downside for me was the 2pm deadline. After I got to NYC, I had no ability to be online any time between 6:30am and 7:00pm each day. With my role, it probably didn't matter too much this game, I don't think I had much of an impact either way. Was fun to read along and participate though
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #927
st.cronin
General Manager

I enjoyed this game up to the point where it became impossible for the wolves to win. I love that Pass thinks outside the box for his games - I think it stirs every gms creative juices a bit.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #928
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I enjoyed this game up to the point where it became impossible for the wolves to win. I love that Pass thinks outside the box for his games - I think it stirs every gms creative juices a bit.

That was a deffitie positive

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #929
st.cronin
General Manager

Also I really liked the 2pm deadline. I wish we had more games set up that way. It seemed like we had good participation at the deadline, at least early in the game.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #930
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I really like day deadlines.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #931
Swaggs
Coordinator

That was confusing as can be, but I'm glad we won.

I would like to announce that Racer and I will continue to keep the Big 3 name, with just two of us in the conference.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:54 AM   #932
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

I really think the wolves would have won if two things happened:

1. Barkeep threw the game against Chief Rum. Even though he was outed by most, with his high powerpoint total, he was the wolves' best option.

2. Better use of the Day 8 sabotage. Granted, if BK throws the game against CR, the powerpoints work out differently, but as it was, chesapeake had 176, ntn had 159, and BK had 158. Taking 19 points from chesapeake and 2 from ntn would have moved BK up to #2 in the computer rankings. Putting 8 points on jeheinz would have dropped him two spots, too. Racer was pretty much uncatchable, though -- but a lot of it would have hinged on the conference championship game (If Racer played CR, both teams had planned to throw the game).

Last edited by Passacaglia : 12-14-2007 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #933
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah I agree victory was definitely possible for the wolves, though I think the better scenario occurs if Mr. W doesn't duke it to me. In that case if we throw the full 50 behind Racer, I could have had the upper hand to throw the championship game while still being in a good position to get in. Oh well.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #934
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I think duking Racer the next game would have helped you out as much as it would have helped us out.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #935
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Obviously, I had ulterior motives, I was hoping I could divide you all and sneak one of us in, but I don't think there was enough appreciation for the fact that he was not on your side.

The endgame also changed some when I neglected to throw my championship game to Lathum and set myself up as another option for the villagers. The one and only option for a villager that didn't want to see the wolves win was Racer. Had I been in the mix, the villager votes may have been split a little more.

Sure, supporting Racer didn't win the game for me, and I knew that when I was making my final polls. But in my own mind, I'd rather a fellow villager win than one of the groups of wolves.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote