Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #301
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Has anyone played a game like this before where it seems like there's a multitude of victory conditions? Any thoughts on strategy?

The Middle Earth game had four factions, Rangers, Townsfolk of Bree, Agents of Sauron and Agents of Saruman.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #302
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, that kill made it easier for Capt. Hook, which I'm assuming is part of his victory condition.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #303
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Dodgerchick

No tail on Tinkjerbelle

Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #304
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wait, nm. I thought DC came after cronin, I had it in reverse order, my bad. Sleepy catch ups are bad things.

UNVOTE DODGERCHICK BECUASE IM STUPID

Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #305
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

So people can just die out of the blue? Hrm, that's interesting.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #306
RendeR
Coordinator

Oliegirl rears back, winds up and Heaves an object at Telle, it HITS! and shatters spilling oily black goo all over her. She looks disgusting and smells even worse!

Worst part is, she appears to be very sick now..her skin turns an ashen shade and she can barely walk!

Telle has been POISONED!!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #307
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well Olie....looks like you gots some explaning to do
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #308
RendeR
Coordinator

Poisons do have antidotes. If Telle doesn't get an antidote by 12 noon tomorrow she will die.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #309
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Unvote Hoopsguy

Vote Oliegirl

The action on Cronin seems like it could possibly come from Dodgerchick, and I was contemplating voting for her, but this action against Telle
obviously comes from Oliegirl. I don't know that any of us peaceloving folk around here want people randomly trying to kill or injure others. While we all may have various winning conditions, we'll all find it harder to survive if people are trying to kill each other left and right.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #310
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, we need to hear from Olie on this one..
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #311
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I started the game with something that would help bring someone back according to the description.

As did I.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #312
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm holding out voting for Oliegirl until I hear a plausible explination
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #313
RendeR
Coordinator

I'll be out until sometime after 2pm EST, I'll catch up on PM's and questions after that time.!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #314
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Has anyone played a game like this before where it seems like there's a multitude of victory conditions? Any thoughts on strategy?

It's tough because I don't want to say much about my character yet because I have a hunch that at least one bad guy is looking for me. I'm hoping that as the game goes on we'll be learning more about the overall goal and then start to piece together strategies.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #315
path12
Coordinator

Dola, in the meantime I'm trying to find out some things towards my individual goal. I'd be happy to share that once I get some good info.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #316
hoopsguy
General Manager

The information that Alan outlined is pretty consistent with what my objectives are in this game. Find an ally, eliminate a foe.

For what it is worth, I checked Chief Rum last night and he is not my ally. I checked SnDvls today and he is not my ally. Dead Cronin was not my ally. Based on Alan's results searching me, I'm going to guess he is not my ally.

Telle, I've got a potion that I could attempt using on you but I have no idea if it is an antidote - I just know the color of the potion. Care to give me a reason why I would use it on you rather than keep it, move it, whatever?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #317
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I was told I had a potion, but was not told what it did or what it's effects were. I was not told if the effects would be positive or negative. I suspected Telle might be the dragon, and since my winning condition includes eliminating the dragon, I took a chance.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #318
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, Olie's description of the potion (not knowing what it does or what are the effects) is entirely consistent with mine.

Although if you knew it was a black potion, that doesn't sound all that positive in fairytale land. If you are guessing that Telle was the dragon, then you were hoping the effects would be negative, right?

Problem is that there are quite a few roles that have tails in this game - for example, the pigs (assuming they are around).

What is the basis for thinking that Telle is the Dragon?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I was told I had a potion, but was not told what it did or what it's effects were. I was not told if the effects would be positive or negative. I suspected Telle might be the dragon, and since my winning condition includes eliminating the dragon, I took a chance.

I don't really feel good with this story. We've had other people already come out stating they received a potion without information about it, and why would you suspect Telle is the dragon, what has she done to this point that would indicate that to you at all?

This feels pretty far fetched to me and doesn't sound like something I buy very much.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #320
Telle
College Starter

Well that wasn't very nice.

VOTE OLIEGIRL
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #321
Telle
College Starter

And I am definitely NOT the dragon and I don't see what would have made you come to such a conclusion.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #322
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah I'd want to know more on why Telle, that seems random.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #323
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Olie: Why think Telle is a dragon over Dodgerchick who's been accused of having a tail?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:51 PM   #324
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don;t know. Voting Oliegirl seems a bit obvious. SHe had to know that if it turned out bad, she'd be lynched, and no bad guy would do that I dont think. I'm not voting for her right now.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #325
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so what do people think is the objective of our lynch today?
1.) Get a wolf?
2.) Get the dragon?
3.) Take out a competing team member?

How far does #3 fall below the other items? Particularly if you are Peter Pan and have lost a teammate at this point? As far as I know, my victory conditions are still intact and I would like to preserve them. But I would rather slow down the wolves and dragon (by a wide margin) than take out competing factions because I'm working under the notion that competing factions are not going to try and kill us at night.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #326
Lorena
Unregistered

So today we find out that BK wants the dragon dead, an unknown person killed cronin, oliegirl poisoned telle and that several of us found items and don't know what they do... at least I don't.

What's a little confusing is why we know oliegirl poisoned Telle, but don't know cronin's killer? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:57 PM   #327
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1.) Get a wolf?
2.) Get the dragon?

How far does #3 fall below the other items? Particularly if you are Peter Pan and have lost a teammate at this point? As far as I know, my victory conditions are still intact and I would like to preserve them. But I would rather slow down the wolves and dragon (by a wide margin) than take out competing factions because I'm working under the notion that competing factions are not going to try and kill us at night.

I was just thinking about this and wondered the same. At this point no one knows who is who with the exception of Buttercup, that's if Passacaglia is telling the truth. Unless ppl see hints but I see nothing.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #328
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1.) Get a wolf?
2.) Get the dragon?

Well I can't speak for everyone else, but as my action indicated, I think our strategy for today needs to try to reclaim some sense of order to our actions. If we all just go off attacking each other, we are handing the game over to the bad guys pretty quickly.

If we want to all vote for people that we are competing against, then thats pretty much almost everyone in I think most people's cases, so thats not really a good strategy and ends up opening the way for groups that are willing or in a position to cooperate (ie: the bad guys).

I don't think we have details on who are the bad guys or who is a wolf or dragon or such... Cronin said that DC has a tail, and then Cronin suddenly died, I would think DC would be a decent choice for a lynch today and almost moved my vote there, before the Oliegirl action happened.. Since my guesses about DC is more based on speculation wheras Oliegirl obviously made her action, thats where I am going today..

lets face it, I found a weapon, others have weapons, some people have potions that may or may not be harmful.. if we all choose randomly to off people, eventually its going to take out someone that is part of -your- winning condition.. in that case who wins? Likely the bad guys I am guessing.

Oliegirl told her explanation which doesn't really even seem plausible to me.. I might feel differently if she had flat out came and said "I scanned Telle, she isn't part of my alliance so I figured I would remove her from the game".. I think I would rather everyone vote off folks than just kill them in that case, but at least it would be more believable...

In my mind right now, I think Oliegirl is where my vote is remaining for two reasons.. 1) I don't think she was telling the truth in her explanation .. and 2) If everyone decides to start attacking people not in their alliance, the bad guys will win.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #329
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You all hear a tiny shreeeeeeek! and as you follow the sound you find St. Cronin lying on the ground with a crossbow bolt sticking out between his tiny little wings!

St. Cronin is dead!! he was Tinkerbelle!

Someone must have found this crossbow laying somewhere, unless one of the fairy tail creatures carries this and just shot in the dark... as Oliegirl did with Telle, I'm assuming.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #330
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So today we find out that BK wants the dragon dead, an unknown person killed cronin, oliegirl poisoned telle and that several of us found items and don't know what they do... at least I don't.

What's a little confusing is why we know oliegirl poisoned Telle, but don't know cronin's killer? Doesn't make sense to me.

I was looking through the list to see who might come equipped with a crossbow. I thought Capn Hook had a sword, don't know about Lord Farquar or Dread Pirate Roberts, or the Evil Mastermind for that matter. I guess Lancelot would have a sword also.

I'm assuming that it's a weapon someone started with, otherwise it seems that someone would have had to scan Cronin as Tinkerbelle, recognize him as an enemy, AND just happen to find a crossbow laying around. Seems unlikely.

Of course, maybe whoever shot him was just wanted to find out what happened or is plain evil and Cronin just was a random target.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #331
path12
Coordinator

Dola, or it could be that it is someone not even on the character list. I know I'm not, for instance.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #332
RendeR
Coordinator

I have afull inbox people, give me a few minutes to clear some space and I'l let you know to resend your msgs if you got that report when you tried to send something to me.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Dola, or it could be that it is someone not even on the character list. I know I'm not, for instance.

Well Robin Hood was my first guess when I saw someone hit with a crossbow.. but then.. why would Robin Hood as a good guy take out Cronin after he reported that DC had a tail?

Robin Hood wouldn't have chosen to do it based on a scan of Cronin, and why would a good guy take a shot in the dark at cronin out of the blue instead of say DC? The same logic I apply to why Oliegirl's action smells rotten to me applies here.. So I think after going through that, it likely was a bad guy who got a cross bow on day 1 who chose to use it on day 2 as an action.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #334
Lorena
Unregistered

Yup, that and because cronin pointed me as having a tail, the assumption would be that I would wanna kill him which is completely untrue.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #335
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Wow, I was not expecting the day to progress as it has so far.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 PM   #336
RendeR
Coordinator

Ok, inbox is clear, telle and passacaglia, please resend your recent PM's those are the only ones I have a report that were mised.

Thanks for being patient everyone!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:18 PM   #337
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, everyone has their own winning conditions and I think the actions today are a clear indication of where ppl are going... at least these 2 people. 2 people dead, that's 2 groups that are probably screwed and 2 groups that have an advantage.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #338
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Regarding who's good or bad... I'd think that anybody with the innate ability to kill is "bad" in the sense that they are liable to kill you at any time, unless your victory conditions align with theirs. I'd think that nobody is really "good", except for people who share your own victory conditions.

Looking over the list of players, I think there are as many non-bad as bad who have tails. I'd hesitate to read anything into it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #339
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Regarding who's good or bad... I'd think that anybody with the innate ability to kill is "bad" in the sense that they are liable to kill you at any time, unless your victory conditions align with theirs. I'd think that nobody is really "good", except for people who share your own victory conditions.

Looking over the list of players, I think there are as many non-bad as bad who have tails. I'd hesitate to read anything into it.

Based on what Render said yesterday, everyone has the ability to "attack" .. whether or not that means successfully kill, I do not know.. The difference is that I think we need to punish people for doing so when it ends up being a good character killed or attacked, especially when the motivations for doing so remain largely unknown.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #340
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, at this exact moment, I can't see a situation where I'm not voting for DC or Oliegirl. Anyone have any other front-runners for a vote at this time?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #341
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I realize that most people have the ability to kill or attack, but I think there's a dividing line between the people who are taking a chance on furthering a victory condition, and people who need to do it every night for a victory condition.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #342
Lorena
Unregistered

yay, let's kill everyone with a tail! please... you could be killing a furry little bunny for all you know.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #343
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

Old 11-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #344
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I realize that most people have the ability to kill or attack, but I think there's a dividing line between the people who are taking a chance on furthering a victory condition, and people who need to do it every night for a victory condition.
I think this is a crucial point.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #345
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
yay, let's kill everyone with a tail! please... you could be killing a furry little bunny for all you know.

No, I agree, it's less than ideal, but even you having say a 50/50 shot at being bad because you have a tail (I count 12 listed "tailed" roles, 6 of which would be bad/wolfish) is better than what I have.

Of course that is still pending my making up my mind on the whole Olie situation.

I, of course, have a team oriented victory condition like those people have stated as having above, but I'm so nowhere on it that I can't really even vote based on that end.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #346
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That is the thing I am unsure of.. who has a role that they have to kill every night for a victory condition? My guess is that Cpt Hook will have a victory condition to eliminate Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle, The Wolf(wolves) might have to remove Little Red Riding hood and the three pigs, etc... On the flip side, I know I have to eliminate a bad guy myself.. but like the clarification I asked of Render this morning, he stated eliminate can also mean vote off for 24 hours+ .. thats why I took my stance I did on Oliegirl. I found her action to be malicious and one that doesn't seem to match a "good" behavior for what I expect in this game from similar good characters like myself.

I think it is up to other good characters to try to "police" this behavior by punishing others who attack in this game rather than simply vote to the bog. If there are good characters that specifically have to kill and not eliminate someone, then please feel free to correct me, but this is a very key point that I asked Render that he clarified for me this morning. (as you can see in the thread).

So My vote is staying on Oliegirl for what I perceive as an "evil" attack, regardless of if she is good or bad.,
Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #347
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I think I'm leaning that way, anyone who does "evil" things, should be looked at, they certainly aren't helping me and my team win, so

Vote Oliegirl
Old 11-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #348
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Guys, I'm good...I knew I had a black potion but that was it. PB saw me last night, and then saw the wolf with red fabric, so you know I'm not the killer. I considered that the potion could be bad, but there were other possibilities as well...it could have been a truth potion, it could have been a conversion potion, it could have been a lot of things other than poison. I'm sorry it was poison, if I'd had that information I wouldn't have used it.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #349
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well PB do you want to confirm what Olie has said?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #350
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Robin Hood wouldn't have chosen to do it based on a scan of Cronin, and why would a good guy take a shot in the dark at cronin out of the blue instead of say DC? The same logic I apply to why Oliegirl's action smells rotten to me applies here.. So I think after going through that, it likely was a bad guy who got a cross bow on day 1 who chose to use it on day 2 as an action.

I think we have to be careful about the good guy/bad guy definition this game. There are the overall bad guys (the wolves, mice, evil mastermind), but there also seem to be good guys who might have a victory condition of taking out someone and make a wrong call.