Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #251
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

You were right about that, DT wasn't entirely being defensive before I voted for him but all that he said afterwards wasn't exactly up to par in my opinion.

He claims that RA and I were 'conspiring' towards him. I know that's not the word he used.. "mauboy and RA are drawing my notice for the "seemingly uncoordinated" very coordinated swinging of the vote onto me at this point in my eyes."

I think it was just a coincidence that RA voted for me one minute later. He obviously had the same feeling I had about you initially. Its not a BIG feeling by any means, I know that. It's Day 2 and usually there is nothing to go off except a hunch or two. That's pretty much the reason for my votes towards DT right now.

As of right now(and I haven't read everything up to the minute) DT has given my gut feelings the biggest jump. But once I get home, I'm going to look more into the happenings of my vote. Three or four people immediately voted for DT after me. That is some QUICK jumping if you ask me. I'm going to see if there is a reason I should switch my vote to one of the following votes after me.

My vote isn't set in stone by any means. If a vote had to be done, this is my vote, obviously. I'll be home an hour before the votes go off, I might stop be here again before then. We'll see.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #252
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I forgot to quote whoever was wanting an answer from me... ah, well. Can't edit

See you all soon.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #253
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
To respond to this on my own behalf, I voted to avoid this scenario. I saw a possible runaway forming, and voted to get us two candidates to look at. I was sitting there trying to think of who to give a 2nd vote to already, when the 3rd vote on RendeR happened. So I stopped pondering, and just went with something as fast as I could. I was thinking of both CR and Schmidty, and I explained why I went with Schmidty (he was the only one of the two who already had a vote on him, so he would have a better shot of beating RendeR than CR would, plus people were against the idea of me voting for CR when he was out).

This is plausible to me. Again, I was just throwing that out there. If I were a wolf, I would've waited to vote after the dust settles a bit with the day 1 votes. In trying to find some convergence on theories and speculation, I'm trying to come up with some names that come up a lot.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #254
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I forgot to quote whoever was wanting an answer from me... ah, well. Can't edit

See you all soon.

I think it was me. I have to say that your answer doesn't make me trust you much more. On the other hand, I'm not sure a wolf would really back himself into a hole like this.

You guys probably know that I have some ideas now, but since it seems like no one will follow me on them, I've given them up. I'm not feeling great about the three candidates we have up here now. Does anyone want to nominate anyone else?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #255
Raiders Army
Coordinator

While I don't think mauboy is a good vote for today (maybe wrong place, wrong time), I'm not sure who is a good candidate for today.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #256
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think it was me. I have to say that your answer doesn't make me trust you much more. On the other hand, I'm not sure a wolf would really back himself into a hole like this.

You guys probably know that I have some ideas now, but since it seems like no one will follow me on them, I've given them up. I'm not feeling great about the three candidates we have up here now. Does anyone want to nominate anyone else?

Who do you see as the 3? Me, Mau and DT?

Yeah, I don't like 2 of those and while I have a vote on Mau, it's not set in stone.

What about NTN? Like no posts thus far (4 maybe)? Olie too, though she's checked in to say she'll be back admittedly.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #257
Raiders Army
Coordinator

VOTE OLLIEGIRL

I don't feel good about voting for mauboy and jeheinz isn't ringing any alarms with me. Everyone else seems to have a pretty good story and olliegirl is pretty quiet (3 posts total in the thread). In any case, we aren't getting any reads on her and maybe this will spur discussion.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #258
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Who do you see as the 3? Me, Mau and DT?

Yeah, I don't like 2 of those and while I have a vote on Mau, it's not set in stone.

What about NTN? Like no posts thus far (4 maybe)? Olie too, though she's checked in to say she'll be back admittedly.

Yeah, those were the 3 I meant. As far as I knew, you were the only 3 with votes on you.

ntn always scares me, given how silent he is, and how he's a math professor, yet plays fast and loose with the rules of probability. And I've pretty much stayed with olie, since last time we butted heads, it got a bit heated.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #259
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
VOTE OLLIEGIRL

I don't feel good about voting for mauboy and jeheinz isn't ringing any alarms with me. Everyone else seems to have a pretty good story and olliegirl is pretty quiet (3 posts total in the thread). In any case, we aren't getting any reads on her and maybe this will spur discussion.

That's cool -- I can see myself voting that way. I won't yet, since I don't want to start a bandwagon, but I'd like to see what happens as a result of this.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #260
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, those were the 3 I meant. As far as I knew, you were the only 3 with votes on you.

ntn always scares me, given how silent he is, and how he's a math professor, yet plays fast and loose with the rules of probability. And I've pretty much stayed with olie, since last time we butted heads, it got a bit heated.

Gotcha. Well, I'm out the door. I don't see myself changing (I'm not suicidal enough to start an olie bandwagon and no one else prompts me much). So I'll stick with Mau today.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #261
path12
Coordinator

I'm going another way. I have a couple possible theories based on day 1 voting, but nothing solid enough to warrant mention at this point. So I'm going with the ol' reliable 'acting differently than usual' tack.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

Much quieter than I've seen him before.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #262
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm going another way. I have a couple possible theories based on day 1 voting, but nothing solid enough to warrant mention at this point. So I'm going with the ol' reliable 'acting differently than usual' tack.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

Much quieter than I've seen him before.

How pathetic could your theories be, if 'acting different than usual' is enough to beat them out?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #263
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
How pathetic could your theories be, if 'acting different than usual' is enough to beat them out?

lol. pwned
Old 01-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #264
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Heh, I didn't mean it as an insult -- I just meant he might as well tell us what he's thinking!
Old 01-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #265
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

HA!

Yeah my job thinks im supposed to work nowdays,. sucks! so I can onnly make a couple of psots every hour. and really belive it or not, I have nothing to say.

Quote:

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:53 PM   #266
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Fair point right there. Probably better to say that though I hope that the next couple days of voting records might flesh them out more, right now it's no more than gut. And 'acting different than usual' beats out 'gut'. Barely.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #267
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote daddytorgo

vote forthcoming... in 2 hours.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #268
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Just thinking about the votes on RendeR: What if the wolves saw that RendeR was the leading vote getter after jeheinz voted for him? Wouldn't it make sense for them to spread out their votes on other people at that point? I think from a gameplay perspective, I'd look at the people who voted for other people after jeheinz voted. Those people would be:

Pass
oliegirl
mau
Raiders Army
Farrah
Arlie
Trying to follow here. Since I voted for RendeR, shouldn't I be one of the people NOT on this list?
Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #269
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
VOTE OLLIEGIRL

I was quiet yesterday because I had to take my son to the ER, which I talked about in Gen. Disc. I mentioned in my vote post last night why I voted the way I did. NTN voted for me, that was it. I did not want to be a deciding vote, and with the count where it was when I voted, I could have been. I also didn't want to be the vote that caused a tie and "forced" someone else to vote a certain way, which I could have been with the votes the way they were. There were 4 or 5 people who hadn't voted yet when I voted, so not knowing if they were going to get votes in or not, I voted for someone I was confident wouldn't have a bandwagon start up and then say "Oh, Olie started that by voting for NTN so she must be a wolf".

I was quiet today because, quite honestly, I don't have anything to say. Other than speculation, no one has any REAL information on who might be a wolf...and again, I'd rather not just make posts to make them, when I don't have anything to say, and then have someone say "Well Olie just agrees with whatever player x says, so she must be a wolf". I've been really vocal in games before, and gotten lynched early for it. So I'm kind of laying low until I have a good theory or catch someone in something wolfy. Also, my son is home with me until his poison ivy goes away, and he's on steroids, so he's been bouncing off the walls and I've been busy trying to keep him entertained.

I'm not a wolf. I'm a regular, ordinary, wedding guest. No special powers. I just have been busy and not had much to say.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #270
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

^^ what she said.. minus sons and hospitals and stuff.

except I've already came out a little too much early on, which was my mistake in the last game.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #271
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I have arrived home and online
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #272
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

to find nothing much else going on. hmmmm
Old 01-15-2008, 07:25 PM   #273
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm not a big fan of voting olie...claphamsa (sp?) just seems...I dunno...an out-of-left-field choice.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #274
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i'm not a big fan of voting olie...claphamsa (sp?) just seems...I dunno...an out-of-left-field choice.

So what seems, uh, in the infield, to you?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #275
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Pass seems to be the only one willing to say that he has some ideas/theories...Pass, can you give a little more info on what you are thinking, without giving too much away???
Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #276
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Pass seems to be the only one willing to say that he has some ideas/theories...Pass, can you give a little more info on what you are thinking, without giving too much away???

I wasn't trying to hide anything, really. I've talked about CR and Schmidty off an on over the past couple days. I wanted to vote Schmidty, but since he can't talk, I figured that vote wouldn't fly. I wanted to vote CR, but that vote doesn't seem to fly based on his schedule. I'm looking at jeheinz and mauboy right now -- I've been hoping mauboy will come on here and say more, but as time goes on, and that hasn't happened, and my wife is getting home soon, a vote for mauboy seems forthcoming from me.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #277
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i usualy hang out in right field......

Quote:

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #278
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I wasn't trying to hide anything, really. I've talked about CR and Schmidty off an on over the past couple days. I wanted to vote Schmidty, but since he can't talk, I figured that vote wouldn't fly. I wanted to vote CR, but that vote doesn't seem to fly based on his schedule. I'm looking at jeheinz and mauboy right now -- I've been hoping mauboy will come on here and say more, but as time goes on, and that hasn't happened, and my wife is getting home soon, a vote for mauboy seems forthcoming from me.

I've been thinking of Mauboy as well...does he have any votes on him right now? I saw Lathum ask for someone to keep track but haven't seen a current vote count...has anyone been keeping track?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #279
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm
Old 01-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #280
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Here's what I have on votes

Mau: 2 (jeheinz72, claphamsa)
DT: 1 (Mauboy)
jeheinz72: 1 (BK)

Here's the most recent vote count, olie. I'm pretty sure no one has unvoted mauboy. Also, I'm pretty sure no one else has more than one vote -- I think all that has happened since then was that mau unvoted DT, someone voted for you (oliegirl), and someone voted for claphamsa. I didn't volunteer to keep a vote count cuz I won't be around during deadline.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:39 PM   #281
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
hmmm

huh?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #282
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just trying to think about who to vote for. there's not very much activity and not a ton that has come to light throughout the day
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #283
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 01-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #284
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #285
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and the pile on Mau begins.

Which in a sense was my doing...not sure why i'm now more reluctant to vote that way
Old 01-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #286
Passacaglia
Coordinator

UNVOTE MAUBOY1
VOTE OLIEGIRL

That vote really scares me.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #287
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

WTF? I said earlier I was considering Mauboy...hell, at least you spelled my name right.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #288
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
WTF? I said earlier I was considering Mauboy...hell, at least you spelled my name right.

What can I say? I'm good with spelling people's names. I know you were considering him too -- it just struck me that it took me to vote for him, to get you to do it. I'm not sure why.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #289
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What can I say? I'm good with spelling people's names. I know you were considering him too -- it just struck me that it took me to vote for him, to get you to do it. I'm not sure why.
This is frequently how these things go down pass. People express consideration of voting for somebody but don't want to throw away their vote so they wait until someone else votes for a person before doing so. I don't like your skittishness when it appears that the guy you're voting for might be lynched.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #290
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 01-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #291
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oops...no explanation there.

want to counter the removal of one-vote from Mauboy. Also guess I decided that I should get over whatever little "feeling" i'm having that had me reluctant to go in that direction and sort of...go with what I was feeling regarding it yesterday
Old 01-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #292
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I was quiet yesterday because I had to take my son to the ER, which I talked about in Gen. Disc. I mentioned in my vote post last night why I voted the way I did. NTN voted for me, that was it. I did not want to be a deciding vote, and with the count where it was when I voted, I could have been. I also didn't want to be the vote that caused a tie and "forced" someone else to vote a certain way, which I could have been with the votes the way they were. There were 4 or 5 people who hadn't voted yet when I voted, so not knowing if they were going to get votes in or not, I voted for someone I was confident wouldn't have a bandwagon start up and then say "Oh, Olie started that by voting for NTN so she must be a wolf".

I was quiet today because, quite honestly, I don't have anything to say. Other than speculation, no one has any REAL information on who might be a wolf...and again, I'd rather not just make posts to make them, when I don't have anything to say, and then have someone say "Well Olie just agrees with whatever player x says, so she must be a wolf". I've been really vocal in games before, and gotten lynched early for it. So I'm kind of laying low until I have a good theory or catch someone in something wolfy. Also, my son is home with me until his poison ivy goes away, and he's on steroids, so he's been bouncing off the walls and I've been busy trying to keep him entertained.

I'm not a wolf. I'm a regular, ordinary, wedding guest. No special powers. I just have been busy and not had much to say.

I'm sorry about your son. I hope that everything is better. That being said, I'm going to stay put, based upon the mauboy pile on right now.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #293
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
isnt it you who thought I was named clam for 2 games?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #294
Raiders Army
Coordinator

dola, also sorry about "olliegirl". I hate it when people say "Raider's Army"
Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 PM   #295
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:

It had NOTHING to do with you voting for him, yes, I asked your opinion but already had it in my mind that I was voting for Mau. I posted my question to you at 8:35, then was dealing with home things - my son, fiancee, etc...came back at 8:57 and put my vote in. When I hit "submit reply" that is when I saw that you had cast your vote...
Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #296
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
VOTE MAUBOY1

Okay, definite push on Mauboy here. I'll have to try to even things up.

VOTE AWLEEGUREL

(and if that doesn't count, OLIEGIRL )

Let's see who comes to play.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #297
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It had NOTHING to do with you voting for him, yes, I asked your opinion but already had it in my mind that I was voting for Mau. I posted my question to you at 8:35, then was dealing with home things - my son, fiancee, etc...came back at 8:57 and put my vote in. When I hit "submit reply" that is when I saw that you had cast your vote...

wow... not even mau gets this defensive........

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #298
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

unvote mau
vote oli (cuz shes named after my cat)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:25 PM   #299
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
isnt it you who thought I was named clam for 2 games?

No, you're probably spelling my name as P-A-T-H or something.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #300
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
wow... not even mau gets this defensive........

well, olie and i have some history