Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2020, 08:39 AM   #501
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry dude.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:41 AM   #502
Huckleberry
College Starter

I got into Hattrick about a year ago. Been spending a lot of time on it during the current situation. I was googling for how long it takes for a team to go ownerless and this thread popped up. Apparently hadn't logged into FOFC for nearly 20 months, so hey guys.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:11 PM   #503
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hey hey!
Old 05-17-2020, 10:38 PM   #504
Havok
College Starter

Glad to see some of you guys are still playing. I somehow won the Major League this season. Woohooo!

I've got 2 more peak seasons left; hoping i can add a USA cup to my hardware haul before i have to rebuild.
Old 06-10-2020, 10:48 PM   #505
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Glad to see some of you guys are still playing. I somehow won the Major League this season. Woohooo!

I've got 2 more peak seasons left; hoping i can add a USA cup to my hardware haul before i have to rebuild.

As an old, old player who quick long ago, this is pretty freaking awesome! Congrats to another old player. I totally remember playing same time as you.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:15 AM   #506
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
As an old, old player who quick long ago, this is pretty freaking awesome! Congrats to another old player. I totally remember playing same time as you.

What is even more impressive is that it's not his original team. I think he re-created the Mistfits in 2015.

I have my re-created team since 2009. I got it up to III, but currently in V as I am doing a HG challenge type deal.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:52 PM   #507
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post

A belated congrats is in place here, so: congratulations!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #508
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

That is huge! Congratulations!
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:44 AM   #509
Havok
College Starter

Thanks guys! I'm pretty shocked that i was able to pull it off on my first team cycle with the re-created Misfitz!

My second team, Wombat Combat FC has a small chance of winning the Div. I championship in Oceania this season as well (will need some help in the final week).

If you guys have any questions about team building or anything like that, please ask away! (probably quicker to shoot me a message in-game, as i don't frequent the FOFC forums as much as i use to!)
Old 11-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #510
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I signed back up for the helluvit. Dunno if I'll stay, but wow, shit has changed.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-05-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #511
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. So I joined, and got put into a USA VI league ... and promptly played a team who clearly just demoted. Lost 8-0. And guess what! We play them next week, too!
Old 11-09-2020, 11:18 AM   #512
Havok
College Starter

Welcome back!

Message me in game if you need some help with anything(I'm the one in first place in Div. I right now =P =P)!

All joking aside, We have a USA discord channel set up as well, which is great for discussing the game and asking questions. I can get you added.

I know what i am about to recommend isn't going to sound very fun, but as a new team - i recommend just hanging out for a couple seasons, making money, and building up your stadium/fanbase. There are a couple ways of training that can net you a ton of money in 2 seasons or so.

I know it's not exciting, and in my opinion - it is the worst part of Hattrick (new player experience). But if your goal is to drive towards the top and compete in Div. I and try to win hardware, sitting back for a couple seasons, and banking some cash is the way to go.

I spoke about this with Deacon a bit, and I'll gladly help you with some tips and tricks that i think can get you off on the right foot.

The game has changed quite a bit, so having a season or 2 to reorient yourself learn about how the game has changed isn't a bad thing either.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:30 PM   #513
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I damn near made it to the top once upon a time. But that was a much different tactical and financial system. Yikes.
Old 11-10-2020, 08:29 AM   #514
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

There's one other non bot team in my VI series (VI.110), they have been here for at least a season, so they have players. We're working on it we have trainees, and a potential coach in a season. I have never seen someone who has an infinite amount of time to recover from injury.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #515
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Amusingly, I found my old original team when I was searching through the histories. 45 seasons have passed since the old Galesburg Avengers stood in USA II.3.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:44 PM   #516
Havok
College Starter

I picked up my second Division I Championship this past season!

It took a bit of luck, and the schedule was very much in my favor - but i am quite proud that i was able to win 2 championships on my first cycle!

Barring a last minute change of heart, this upcoming season will be my last before i blow the team up and rebuild. It's been a great run, but i am looking forward to applying all that i learned on my first team cycle and applying it to my rebuild.

Plus, my second team is hitting their peak right now in Div. I Oceania and my third team is starting to climb the ranks in the USA, so I'd like to shift focus to those 2 teams. (yes i have 3 teams, and i realize i have a HT problem )

How is everyone else's Hattrick experience going? If you'd like to join the HT USA discord, let me know!
Old 02-24-2021, 12:54 AM   #517
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I just joined back up last week, and I saw your name up there as ML Champs. Belated congratulations
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:00 PM   #518
Havok
College Starter

Thanks man! But my run is over! I sold off my team last week, as it was time for a rebuild. I had a great run winning 2 championships - looking to come back stronger next time!

My 2nd team in Oceania is on the verge of wining the Div. I championship this season - fingers crossed!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by Havok : 04-02-2021 at 08:00 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:03 PM   #519
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well, we got moved up to V.33.
So I got a solid coach now and got some new winger trainees, and am selling at least one off ( brilliant )
Old 05-01-2021, 11:35 PM   #520
thealmighty
Pro Starter

I came in 3nd again in a V. division. That's mainly because I sold off my entire starting midfield and made about $23 million on the 5, including $6 million for my lvl 18 playmakeing center mid. Unfortunately, they were all 25-26 years old so I decided to regroup... again.

Bought 2 17yr 3-5 day old keepers to train for a couple of years before I get serious (if I ever actuallty do).
Old 02-08-2024, 07:01 AM   #521
Haiku
n00b

I lost my account due to inactivity with $300 million in the bank.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote