Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Soccer Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #451
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

We made it to round 7 of the cup, which is the furthest that I have made it with either my current team or my older team during the FOFC heyday. We have a decent chance of beating the team we play next week as well.

But after this run, I need to blow the team up and try to build something capable of competing in III.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 08-14-2015 at 03:09 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #452
Havok
College Starter

Hey GoldenEagle!

Been a long time. I just signed back up after a small 9 1/2 year layoff! It's good to see a least a couple people from FOFC are still playing. Hell, I wish i hadn't quit back in 2006, i had just gotten 4th in II.4 and had a young, studly team! I'd probably have a few championships at this point!

I see the game has changed quite a bit. Training is faster, daytrading is long gone (yay!), and players are much more multi-dimensional. I'm looking forward building up the Maniaical Misfitz again!

What's your manager/team name again? I'm Havok1212.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:24 AM   #453
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My team in the Arkansans Cobras and my manager name is timbrice14.

We are currently in IV, but there is a pretty good chance we auto-promote back up to III.

Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions about the new features.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #454
Havok
College Starter

Will do!

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #455
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

We finished the season with 40 points, good enough for the 3rd highest total in all of IV and of course auto-promotion. If my research is right, we are heading to III.16.

I need to sit down and have a think about my team. My goal is to stay in III this time around.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #456
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
We finished the season with 40 points, good enough for the 3rd highest total in all of IV and of course auto-promotion. If my research is right, we are heading to III.16.

I need to sit down and have a think about my team. My goal is to stay in III this time around.

That's awesome. I keep trying to survive in V while retooling
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #457
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Just starting back up. I have a desk job, where I work from 630 - 330 every day and I am on the phone, so I get to do some things with the game I didn't have the free time for.

Eagle Mountain Rangers.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #458
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Starting back up as well.

Username: vexroid

Team: NE Oklahoma Sidekicks
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #459
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Still playing. My team choked a promotion in the 14th game of last season, losing at a bottom feeder. I'm still non-amused about this bunch of chokers.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #460
PLD3009
n00b

I can boast an unbeaten league season, only to finish second and miss out on a chance of a qualifier.

PLD3009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #461
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I have recently gotten back into the game in a very casual sense. Spent an evening geeking out about my team's kits, bought some trainees, and installed a 3-4-3 run-and-shoot. I fully intend to casually check performance as I go, and forget about the team often, but I love that the iPhone app lets me manage just about everything on the team.

Unfortunately, the team I took over was only recently abandoned and was wrecking shop in USA division VI, so after one game with me at the helm we auto-promoted to what looks like a very top-heavy V series. We can (and already have) beat the other promotee, but I envision a 0% chance of avoiding a qualifier, if not outright relegation. I'm not quite sure that wouldn't be the best course of action, honestly.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #462
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Dola - Willow Glen Wreckers, USA V.146
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:33 PM   #463
kingfc22
Head Coach

Fired this up thanks to the iPhone app.

User name: dgonz22
Team: Royal Knights FC
Old 06-17-2016, 03:22 PM   #464
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Fired this up thanks to the iPhone app.
I didn't plan on quitting, but getting the android app has made it a lot easier to do the daily/weekly tasks.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:06 AM   #465
QuikSand
lolzcat

I basically wandered back in recently, myself. Have a team tearing up its US level VI league, we should run the table and promote.

Chesapeake Chaingang USA (229607)
Maryland, VI.727
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:30 PM   #466
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I just jumped back in too, and there's definitely a lot of new stuff here since I last played... is there any FOFC group for friendlies, or anyone interested in doing a youth league? South End Patriots in VI.219, and my team is also already 11-0-0 on the season so I'll likely be auto-promoting to get worked over in V before I can build my team up. Fwiw, is there any dominant formation or skill? I'm leaning towards playing a 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 and training playmaking, but I want to make sure that's a smart strategy before going out and buying some potential trainees.

Also, I've been playing a similar game called Rocking Soccer too (I know several FOFC'ers were playing the companion tennis game.) Paradise Island FC in the Bahamas there - if there are other FOFC'ers I'll start a separate thread.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 12-17-2016 at 07:30 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #467
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Still going strong here. The legendary USA born Gaylord Younger has left Maassluis FC for the Canadian III.11 division.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:53 AM   #468
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

About to promote to the V Spanish Division, 2 more games and a potential Promotion game... Can't wait for Saturday.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #469
Gerver
n00b

Where are you playing?
Gerver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #470
MIJB#19
Coordinator

All or nothing game for Maassluis FC this Sunday. Second chance to win in VI and qualify for the promotion/relegation game to V, with a shot the finally get out of this 'group of death'.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:53 PM   #471
thealmighty
Pro Starter

In first in U.S. Div V.216 (I think that's the number, anyway) and play a bot in the last week.

Not in auto-promote position so will also play a promotion game to go to IV.

Team name is Fear of God and I still have not really been trying too hard- still have the old kind of $25,000/week farm team, not an actual team.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #472
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
All or nothing game for Maassluis FC this Sunday. Second chance to win in VI and qualify for the promotion/relegation game to V, with a shot the finally get out of this 'group of death'.
Choked again, 0-2 loss at home. This could have been my last game in this game.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #473
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Is this thing still on?
Old 07-07-2018, 04:28 AM   #474
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Still playing. Closing in on finally promoting to the Dutch Vth after far too many 2nd place finishes. Now 38yo wing back Toine Agter is still hanging around since my first season and still regularly playing.
Old 07-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #475
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Today I had the urge to check this game out again after so many years, my team was gone, of course, but I setup a new team and it feels like a different game. Are people still playing? Enjoying? Is there something better out there?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:24 PM   #476
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Doug,

I am still playing. I worked my team all the way up to III but could never get over the hump. We dropped down to IV a few seasons ago and haven't been able to get back up.

I have lost a little bit of interested in the game. I even had a couple of walkovers where I forgot to submit a lineup. I spent a ton of money last summer and didn't really get better.

I am thinking of selling all my players and doing a home grown only type thing. We would drop to VI pretty quickly I am afraid, but I think it would be fun and interesting.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #477
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Hey Doug,

I am still playing. I worked my team all the way up to III but could never get over the hump. We dropped down to IV a few seasons ago and haven't been able to get back up.

I have lost a little bit of interested in the game. I even had a couple of walkovers where I forgot to submit a lineup. I spent a ton of money last summer and didn't really get better.

I am thinking of selling all my players and doing a home grown only type thing. We would drop to VI pretty quickly I am afraid, but I think it would be fun and interesting.

Playing here as well...but clearly lost my team a while back. Joined back about 2 years ago and I'm setting lineups and all. The app helps me stay involved...but I often forget about my youth team.

I decided when I returned to make it more of an economic model...I'm trying to make money, not spend it. I try to never go below 1-2 million.

Currently training a keeper that might make the U-20 and another keeper in my youth squad is destined for it as well. He's 15 as I recall and a solid keeper with poor defense.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #478
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't strive for promotion or first place...I strive for money lol.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #479
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm looking to possibly switch series. Anyone in a V series? I don't care about the level of competition.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #480
MIJB#19
Coordinator

The app has been a much easier way to set lineups than the website's interface ever was (even with the relatively new system). There are a couple of things the app doesn't do (most notably highlight players that already played during the week, suggest best positions for the player and predict the rating for a player), but I still prefer the quickness of the app.

It certainly helped me to reshuffle or redo my lineups more often than I used to, keeping me involved much easier.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:19 AM   #481
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Amen to that.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:26 PM   #482
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I started at HT thread in the dynasty forum if anyone is interested in reading it.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:29 AM   #483
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yep yep.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #484
finketr
College Prospect

cc fc timed out quite a bit ago, but we topped out at winning iii.14, i think, and losing in the promotion game, and with 32+ million in the bank but lost interest with kids and what not.. thinking baout going back..
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:10 PM   #485
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've rejoined after like a million years away, no idea if I'll keep up with it, but I dropped all my fantasy leagues after the end of last year and so it might be worth it. Sunnyside Uptowners are the name.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:49 PM   #486
MIJB#19
Coordinator

It appears that I'm about to lose interest. Missed out on promotion last season by random bad luck and now am preparing for a qualifier not to relegate back to the level my team was stuck in for years (real time). I haven't bothered to arrange friendlies for the last week or 3. Still set my lineup at some point during the week, because, you know, a smartphone makes that slightly easier.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:40 AM   #487
Alf
Pro Starter

I actually had signed again up for a team a few months ago, but played for about 2 days.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #488
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
It appears that I'm about to lose interest. Missed out on promotion last season by random bad luck and now am preparing for a qualifier not to relegate back to the level my team was stuck in for years (real time). I haven't bothered to arrange friendlies for the last week or 3. Still set my lineup at some point during the week, because, you know, a smartphone makes that slightly easier.
After a silly high number of draws, my team ended up forced to play a qualifier to stay in the Vth and we ended up getting completely destroyed, with a couple of backups forced into action. But the real news is that I missed that we had to play that qualifier today. It wouldn't have mattered, we spent all our MOTS opportunities in the last bunch of chocked games. All this so shortly after chocking championship with promotion to the IVth not so long ago...
This might be the end of it for me.
Old 06-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #489
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

I won in the promotion game 2-4 and got promoted to Spain IV!!!

I didn't know it were people playing Hattrick here!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:38 AM   #490
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I knew the numbers had to be down for at least USA users. The latest election for the NT wrapped up yesterday I believe. The winner had less than 40 votes. I had about 180 votes or more in all three of the elections I ran in back in 2003/4.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:07 PM   #491
Havok
College Starter

Hey guys - I'm still playing away! I have to admit, I'm really really hooked. I have 3 teams now and I'm loving every minute. I really enjoy the long-term team building aspect of it even more so then i did way back in 2003 when we all got started!

My team made it to the Major League this season if you can believe it! Hopefully i can make the FOFC proud by winning a USA Cup or and Major League title over the next 5 seasons or so before my team ages out and i have to rebuild.

Last edited by Havok : 07-10-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #492
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Hey guys - I'm still playing away! I have to admit, I'm really really hooked. I have 3 teams now and I'm loving every minute. I really enjoy the long-term team building aspect of it even more so then i did way back in 2003 when we all got started!

My team made it to the Major League this season if you can believe it! Hopefully i can make the FOFC proud by winning a USA Cup or and Major League title over the next 5 seasons or so before my team ages out and i have to rebuild.

Wow man,

That's awesome!! Best of luck!!
Old 10-19-2019, 05:27 AM   #493
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
The app has been a much easier way to set lineups than the website's interface ever was (even with the relatively new system). There are a couple of things the app doesn't do (most notably highlight players that already played during the week, suggest best positions for the player and predict the rating for a player), but I still prefer the quickness of the app.

It certainly helped me to reshuffle or redo my lineups more often than I used to, keeping me involved much easier.
So much for that app saving the team. Now that the app has turned into nearly useless (I haven't been able to change lineups for like 2 months now), my interest has plummeted to an all time low.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #494
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
So much for that app saving the team. Now that the app has turned into nearly useless (I haven't been able to change lineups for like 2 months now), my interest has plummeted to an all time low.
Still this. I suppose the developers have given up as well. At least on the adroid app. C'est la vie.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:17 PM   #495
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Still this. I suppose the developers have given up as well. At least on the adroid app. C'est la vie.
My team is a couple of weeks away from becoming a bot team.
I reported my problems, the admin that handled it said I was the first to report it. Well duh, I was the first with other issues that got fixed before, I'd expect some credibility here. But no, this admin didn't. (Re-install, blabla, bullshit). I gave up.
So it goes. *shrug*

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 01-18-2020 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #496
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I reported my problems, the admin that handled it said I was the first to report it. Well duh, I was the first with other issues that got fixed before, I'd expect some credibility here. But no, this admin didn't. (Re-install, blabla, bullshit). I gave up.
So it goes. *shrug*

Sorry man. The only issue I've had lately is that my magical SP taker didn't take a shot when the game went to penalty kicks. I mean, really?
Old 01-30-2020, 04:22 PM   #497
chesapeake
College Starter

I've drifted back to the game after losing interest about 10 years ago. Youth teams are new to me. Anyone aware of a decent (and current) guide for starting one up effectively that is better and deeper than the wiki?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #498
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
I've drifted back to the game after losing interest about 10 years ago. Youth teams are new to me. Anyone aware of a decent (and current) guide for starting one up effectively that is better and deeper than the wiki?

I train keepers, so I've essentially told my guys to look for keepers until I have a decent crop. I've got three in the YS right now. I've switched them to look for forwards and train that as a secondary skill. I'll probably do that until one or two of the guys clear out and then I'll move back to hunting for keepers.

I rotate guys around each match until I find something they're good at. I keep them there after that. If they ain't good at anything I kindly show them the door.
Old 03-16-2020, 11:53 AM   #499
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Good news, no matches in HT have been cancelled. We're still going strong.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:55 PM   #500
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
So it goes. *shrug*
I finally got the "Your team is gone" message.
The poll/question that is sent when you haven't been active long enough asks why you left, but didn't provide the option that fit my reasons. I had to settle with "other", sadly without the opportunity to describe all of the above. So it goes. *shrug*