Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #1851
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Wow! Fun game CW. Surprised by the result - although with so many conversions, I guess I shouldn't be
Old 03-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #1852
Danny
Head Coach

Wow! I am as surprised by this result as anyone. After Jag died I figured there was one murderer left and was secretly hoping it was Lathum. No idea there were so many possible conversions.

Chubby, I duked to you because you were the person I was most sure was a villager. WIth all of the crazy stuff, the last thing I wanted to do was duke to another murderer, especially one who was converted and had trust.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #1853
Danny
Head Coach

I definitely think this turned out to be stacked against the village.

But it was fun none the less.

Jag, why were you so quiet? If I hadnt been on your side I would have brought up day 2 how ridiculously under the radar you were playing.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #1854
Danny
Head Coach

I do appreciate the wolves picking off all the players that were at or above my post count level.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #1855
britrock88
Pro Starter

Man, I should have converted when I had the chance...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #1856
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I do appreciate the wolves picking off all the players that were at or above my post count level.

lol - ditto! 4th most posts in a game is pretty good for me
Old 03-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1857
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Jag, why were you so quiet? If I hadnt been on your side I would have brought up day 2 how ridiculously under the radar you were playing.

It was a combination of game-related and real-life related things. Game-related due to having to debrief and work with a new partner at the start of every day (I probably should've had a boilerplate written), the timing of the night deadline (usually early morning is my best time for writing / thinking about the game, but I don't usually post much during night phases), and trying to be careful about what I posted since I was the only decently hid wolf among the actual killers (I believe Wednesday I had one point of writing 5-6 posts and then deleted them because I didn't like how they sounded). Real life intervened Tuesday+Wednesday (shoveled snow for a good chunk of the morning and felt out of it the rest of the day, daughter got sick Tuesday evening, stayed home Wednesday to care for her). I was surprised I wasn't called out on it and sorry I wasn't much help to you. By the time I got a partner that was reasonably trusted, the jig was up for me so I couldn't communicate it to you.

By the way, I was amused by your "You can trust me!" comment D1 (I am pretty sure you weren't aware I started off the game knowing who you were, right?) after the last game where you were killed by your wolf partners. Thanks for getting the vote off me, though I was afraid that was going to come back to haunt us. The first two days I had a duke ability similar to the way yours worked if I had been the lynch.

I'm interested to know if bhlloy had figured either of us out or if he was mostly flying blind this game.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #1858
bhlloy
Coordinator

heh, wow. To answer that question JAG I had absolutely no idea about you, and Danny was my "most likely to be a wolf" from the remaining players so I was trying to keep any suspicion of of him, but really I figured it was just DQ and I through the end. I felt pretty good about Katy, Sal and Mau being villagers and just tried to keep the conversation and my votes there.

I had a few real WTF moments this game:

Day 2 pushing the lynch on bullet after coming up with a plausible theory that he was Miss Scarlett and then that being true (sorry Bullet)

Night 2 I tried to convert Font because who reveals their exact role and conversion mechanic and then actually continues to work towards their conversion, right? Thankfully my mechanic didn't fail it just wasn't used as I witnessed her become the murderer, and I tried to direct suspicion off font the next day but it was a futile task at that point

Night three I was genuinely torn between Lathum and Danny ironically - DQ looked like he was getting lynched and I wasn't sure if everyone was just going to jump on Lathum and finish off the last big six the next day, so I was ready to pick out who from the late arrivers I wanted to attach to. Then DQ did his reveal and duke, and it was a no brainer who to convert, although I didn't think it would actually work for a while.

My strategy really was play as a villager until I got my power out there and then try and misdirect, but even after I used my power I figured if I died and my power was revealed that would look really bad for DQ and people might start looking at him again. I hoped DQ knew who I was and I wouldn't be a NK candidate but I wasn't sure. So mostly my game was trying to be as villager as possible and stay alive as long as possible and not do anything controversial.

Fun game that definitely could go both ways but once there were conversions in the first few nights, there was very little chance the village was going to win. Did both big six (font and bullet) just get lucky to find their informants or was there some other mechanic at play?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #1859
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Also keep in mind there were basically 3 variations of seer available as well.

Brit just got bad luck. Miss Scarlet had an awesome power, but converted early. Rusty could do a seer power if the person he followed took an action.

Unlucky targeting for those three.

Sure, but could still only lynch one wolf per day. And the wolves seemed to be able to pick up both conversions + kills each day. So it was a sinking ship in terms of trying to catch up, no matter how successful the seers might be.

The cultists not counting for murderer ratio would have helped a lot, I think, in terms of giving the village a better shot at winning. Also, I like the incomplete communication in play for the wolves/cultists in this one.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #1860
hoopsguy
General Manager

Based on the pushback against Brit by Chubby and Bholloy on Day 2, I had one of them pegged as full-blown seer who thought they were in a role conflict with Brit, thus accusing him of bluffing at the role as a wolf. I wanted to say in thread "there are probably a couple of partial seer roles, relaxing and stop outing yourselves" but didn't want to draw any wolf attention your way ... oops.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #1861
hoopsguy
General Manager

From what I can tell, several villagers either played badly or unluckily with their roles.

I didn't realize my seance was a one-time power, so basically ended up wasting it on Night 1.
Chief Rum ran into his Big 6 guy, essentially killing himself and causing a conversion.
NTN ran into his (revealed) Big 6 guy, essentially killing himself and causing a conversion.

I'm sure there are others as well, just bringing these up to somewhat soften my thoughts on game balance. Better play would have led to fewer conversions, better information flow on catching (non-converted) wolves.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #1862
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There was definitely some bad luck / bad decisions on the village's case. But, still, even I can say in retrospect the balance was off. At the very least, looks like people have fun regardless. Was a fun one to run, with all the craziness.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #1863
Danny
Head Coach

If I was a villager, they would have won (if I wasnt nked night 1 or 2!)
Old 03-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #1864
KatyLied
n00b

Super fun game! I hope next time I'll have more time to think a bit more strategically, especially now that I've been through one full game. Thanks to brit for introducing me.
KatyLied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #1865
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Speaking of the next game...

CW, when does the next one start?
Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #1866
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

even when i lose i win!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #1867
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ_BOY1000 View Post
Speaking of the next game...

CW, when does the next one start?

We rotate mods and there is a sign up list so whoever is up next will post sign ups soon.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #1868
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
If I was a villager, they would have won (if I wasnt nked night 1 or 2!)

Remember folks, if Danny's alive he's a wolf. That's where you went wrong.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #1869
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Much like the game a month or two back when jag was still alive I don't want to play meta-gamey and choose to lynch him because he's still alive and that meant he's a wolf. No, I choose to intentionally let the game play out and base it on whats in front of me not with meta game feelings. I certainly thought about it two days ago for Danny when i brought up the question but as i said, i think its unfair.. Danny or jag or hoops don't deserve to get lynched because of the question "how are they still alive..." I think they deserve better than that.

Last edited by mauchow : 03-09-2013 at 08:31 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #1870
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Remember folks, if Danny's alive he's a wolf. That's where you went wrong.

The crowd (at least at hoopsguy's house) boos this logic.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #1871
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
Much like the game a month or two back when jag was still alive I don't want to play meta-gamey and choose to lynch him because he's still alive and that meant he's a wolf. No, I choose to intentionally let the game play out and base it on whats in front of me not with meta game feelings. I certainly thought about it two days ago for Danny when i brought up the question but as i said, i think its unfair.. Danny or jag or hoops don't deserve to get lynched because of the question "how are they still alive..." I think they deserve better than that.

I think that's just smart play because it can happen. I've made it to the last few players as a villager at least as many times as a wolf, off the top of my head once with tyke / Chief / Jackal (though tyke suicided before we could have the last day) and once with you and the Juggler in the Dr. Who game. I can think of a few games Danny made it to the end as a villager too.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #1872
britrock88
Pro Starter

Haven't seen Jackal in ages...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #1873
Danny
Head Coach

So who is the one who hit me the non voting ability?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #1874
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So who is the one who hit me the non voting ability?

me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote