Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #301
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
heres something, we tked the investigator! heres something else, people think they know know my role but dont....heres something else, WHY DID THE MAFIA KILL ME!!!

tked?

Who thinks they know your role?

Aren't you dead?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:57 AM   #302
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Maybe the dead don't speak coherently.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 AM   #303
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

He is dead, but he seems to have a problem with the whole not saying anything bit.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 AM   #304
Poli
FOFC Survivor

... sigh ...
Old 10-13-2005, 10:43 AM   #305
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, after the game is done, you'll have to tell me what tked means, cause it is going to drive me batty!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #306
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Well, after the game is done, you'll have to tell me what tked means, cause it is going to drive me batty!

I get it. Now that he knows I'm the bodyguard, he's trying to mystify me into bringing him back.

And why would he ask why the mafia killed him?

Should I just be ignoring his questions?
Old 10-13-2005, 10:47 AM   #307
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Jees man, I'm completely confused as well. So, let me think out loud here.....Barkeep is back in the game. AE, Digamma, and now Blade are dead?! What a turn of events for the villagers. We go from having a pretty good ratio to being possibly down to 2-2-1.

As far as the serial killer goes, I think he'll win if the mafia wins, but probably doesn't know who the mafia is. I'm just thinking outloud here, but if thats the case, we were WAY behind the 8 ball right off the bat with something like a 7-4 ratio!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #308
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Dola. Actually, in the above post I forgot about RA as well, so now 1 person is brought back, but we lose 4!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #309
Passacaglia
Coordinator

My guess is that he counts as a villager, but wins if the mafia win. So if we're 2-2-1, then lynching a villager ends the game, right? If that's the case, I think we should vote no lynch. But I think if it's 2-2-1, we're just gonna die. So I think we should assume we're 3-1-1, so we should try our luck with voting.

I'm wondering about Mr. Wednesday. He did vote for me, but I can also see his reasoning that people thought most people were voting for me and not Real -- when I read the discussion, I thought I might be dead, until I saw the vote count.

Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2005, 11:50 AM   #310
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
My guess is that he counts as a villager, but wins if the mafia win. So if we're 2-2-1, then lynching a villager ends the game, right? If that's the case, I think we should vote no lynch. But I think if it's 2-2-1, we're just gonna die. So I think we should assume we're 3-1-1, so we should try our luck with voting.

I'm confused after reading that. So do you want to vote no lynch or do you want to vote for someone. I still think Mr. W is mafia since everyone other than pennywise who voted for AE at the beginning is dead. And he didn't vote for RealDeal who must be a mafia member since Pass is the bodyguard. I have to go to work so I hope we make the right decision.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #311
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Sorry. I guess I was saying we should vote for someone. I'm fine with Mr. Wednesday. However, I don't think that RealDeal must be a member of the mafia just because I'm the bodyguard. I think the only one that we KNOW to be clean is Barkeep, since the mafia killed him. If the mafia decided to kill one of their own to trap me into saving him and thinking him clean, then they're really good (that's why Blade's comment worries me -- I was planning on saving him tonight, but now I'm not so sure).
Old 10-13-2005, 02:01 PM   #312
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

At this point, I don't think we have a lot of room for errors, and lynching me would count as one. Not a huge one, I'm nobody special, but we can't really afford to give people away right now.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 PM   #313
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL. I think RealDeal is out of the game. Boxed.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:05 PM   #314
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL. I think RealDeal is out of the game. Boxed.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 PM   #315
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Currently alive:
1) Passacagilia
2) pennywisesb
4) Mr. Wednesday
6) Barkeep49
8) kingfc22

I know I'm clean.
Barkeep was saved from a mafia hit by someone from the future, so that would seem to suggest that he's clean.
Pass claims to be the bodyguard, and I don't suppose I have any reason to doubt him at the moment, since the bodyguard isn't dead and nobody's gone after him for a liar.
That leaves pennywise and kingfc...

Old 10-13-2005, 02:07 PM   #316
Blade6119
Coordinator

....i wish i could talk...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #317
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 10-13-2005, 02:09 PM   #318
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Er, correction to my last, the bodyguard is presumably not dead by mafia or serial killer. We could have lynched him, in which case nobody would know... making it a risky play to claim you're the bodyguard if you're not.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:30 PM   #319
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If the mafia decided to kill one of their own to trap me into saving him and thinking him clean, then they're really good (that's why Blade's comment worries me -- I was planning on saving him tonight, but now I'm not so sure).

I've been worried about the same thing ever since Blade mentioned it. It seemed like a really brash move, but with such low numbers to start the game, I think it'd be a good play for the mafia. I just hope they weren't that smart to begin with.

I'm not sold on Mr. W at this point either. His voting pattern was AE on day one (Bandwagon vote) and Pass on day two. [Granted we didn't know during the day 2 vote we didn't know Pass was the BG] My main suspicion is because I still think the mafia were trying to hide their votes along with the AE vote and that would leave myself and him as the last two who voted for AE. Mr. W. himself in an earlier thread said he didn't think it'd be a good ploy for the mafia to not vote on day 1. Since I know I'm clean, my suspicion meter for Mr. Wed. is off the charts at this point and I think thats who I'm going to vote for.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:34 PM   #320
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm voting for Mr. W as well.

VOTE END OF DAY
Old 10-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #321
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well perhaps things would be better if more poeple revealed their roles? I, in case you haven't figured out, am a simple villager. My one ability is to activate a protection shield on one night possibly preventing me from being killed. This must be done in advance and I have already chosen a night to do it. There is an important detail I've left out in case this role becomes in dispute.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #322
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What do you mean, in advance? Like, you had to pick a night to be protected, when the game started?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #323
Barkeep49
Coordinator

By advance I mean I couldn't send the protection BACK in time.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #324
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hmm. So why didn't you protect yourself the first night?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #325
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

As villagers, we were required to choose the night to protect ourselves before the end of day 3. And we had to send it forward. Obviously, barkeep had no idea that he would be attacked by the mafia in night 1.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #326
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Too bad Pass already decided to end the day, perhaps the fact that I know the villager role would have convinced him to change his mind about voting for me...

Old 10-13-2005, 03:16 PM   #327
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Double dola, voting patterns are difficult to impossible to make sense out of without more information than we currently have at our disposal. We can get a lot more information out of votes that are between a mafioso and a villager, but right now we don't know which (if any) of those votes turned out that way.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #328
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well, hopefully the truth sets you free Mr. Wednesday -- it's just one vote!
Old 10-13-2005, 03:22 PM   #329
Raiders Army
Coordinator

sombody save meeeeeeeeeee
Old 10-13-2005, 03:30 PM   #330
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Can Barkeep please confirm this to be true?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #331
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Just in case every villager has a slightly different role, I want to make sure Mr. W is telling the truth.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #332
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The before the 3rd night was the detail I hadn't included. The description Mr. Wednesday gives matches perfectly with the role I recieved and in my mind clears him absolutely.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:02 PM   #333
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That leaves pennywise (particularly interesting with the question about whether what I posted was accurate) and kingfc22...

I'm secure with my vote for pennywise. Vote end of day

Old 10-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #334
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Vote End Day
Old 10-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #335
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well that's 3 end day votes I'll tally everything in just a second...stay tuned.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #336
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I hope my vote got in there before penny closed the day.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #337
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #338
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Dola -- Although I think I might have wasted my vote in the end as I voted for King. He's seemed slightly more suspcious.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #339
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Don't let your dola posting dangle in the dirt.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:22 PM   #340
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Day 3

You all gather in the town square for the lynch vote. Mr. Wednesday and Barkeep seem to have confirmed eachother as a normal villager. Everyone has a weird feeling in their body though that this could turn out bad. pennywisesb and kingfc22 don’t feel that Mr. W is on the up and up though and accusations begin to fly. Barkeep thinks king is bad and Mr. W feels it’s penny. It all comes down to Passacagilla. With a confused look in his eye he throws his vote to lynch Mr. Wednesday. Mr. W is quickly strung up and his lifeless body comes to rest. Just then pennywisesb and kingfc pull their guns and shoot pass and barkeep. The mafia gained their 1:1 ratio and have gained control of the time machines. The mafia have won.

Mr. W (3) - penny, king, pass
king (1) - Barkeep
penny (1) - Mr. W

post 37 has been updated with roles.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #341
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Haters.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:23 PM   #342
SnDvls
Pro Starter

here is everyone's original role PM..please give me some feedback as this was my first mod. wearwolf game.

• 3 Mafia: You are the mafia, or bad guys. You have stolen a time travel machine from the scientist to help you control the town. You can send one person through time to kill another player, forward or backward through time, or you may kill on the current night. On even nights (2, 4, 6, ect) you may send another player through time to kill someone either forward or backward in time, thus giving you two kills on these nights. You can not go back to a day more than once and you have a 3 day window to travel. So on Day 5 you can go to any day between day 2 to 8. You can travel 3 times each. You will need to PM me who is doing the traveling/killing and what day and who to kill. Please also send in a back up as if you are killed/lynched in the past or revised present a future killing won’t happen. You may PM each other. If the target is protected you will be notified.
• 1 Investigator: You are the Investigator who has been brought in to help track down the mafia and the stolen time travel machine. You may travel back through time to investigate one player, either dead or alive, to know their role (Mafia/Villager) or you can investigate the current night. You may go back to any day, but only twice to the same day. You have a 2 day travel window. So on Day 5 you can go back to any day between 3 and 4. You may travel 3 times total.
• 1 Bodyguard: You can travel through time to save one player from the mafia only. You may go back to any day, but only twice to the same day. You have a 2 day travel window. So on Day 5 you can go back to any day between 3 and 4. You may travel 3 times total. You may protect anyone including yourself, however you can not protect the same person on consecutive nights. You can also choose to protect on the current night instead of time traveling. Please PM me the top 3 names in order to protect as your protect may change as the revised present and past are effected by time travel. If all three of your protected list is killed you will protect yourself. You may not protect the same person on consecutive nights, unless a modified present/past has affected your choices. If you stop a kill you will be notified.
• 1 Serial Killer: (you are seen as Mafia to any seer) You count as a villager for victory conditions. Can not time travel. Can kill once every other night starting with night 2. So if you kill night 2 you can not kill again until night 4, If you kill on night 3 then you can not kill until night 5. If the target is protected you will be notified.
• 1 Vigilante: You can travel through time and kill one player once every two nights (could travel once on nights 1 or 2; once on nights 3 or 4... ect.) May travel 3 times total. Can travel to any point in time within a 2 day range forward or backward. So on Night 5 you may travel to night 3 or 4 or 6 or 7. If the target is protected you will be notified.
• 4 Villager: You are just a plain villager. You do however have an “object porter”. This gives you a way to send a protection shield into the future to protect yourself from attack for one night. You must PM me the night you wish to send the shield to by the end of day 3. Choose wisely as once the PM is sent you can not change it. You may pick any night in the future to send it to.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:26 PM   #343
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This was a little confusing.

Blade needs to get over it, honestly. I've been a villager for each of the past three games and he's always "convinced" I'm on the bad side. Seriously, it's getting a little old.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:29 PM   #344
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I almost totally f-ed that up. I was trying to look like an oblivious villager, but right after I hit submit on that post about having barkeep confirm what Mr. W said I knew exactly what I had just done. Fortunately for me, Pass had already voted to end the day and I knew that King and I were already voting for Mr. W. at that point. Whew!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #345
digamma
Torchbearer

Who had which roles?

I was the serial killer, but got knocked off by the mafia.

My initial thought is that for a game of 11 people, it had way too many people with the ability to kill.

We never really got to explore the time travel aspect because the game ended so quickly.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #346
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Good game. I think with like 5 or 6 more players it would have been alittle more interesting. I hope future WW games will get better showings as far as participants go. I think SnDvls did a good job, there just wasn't enough players. Great idea though SnDvls and I hope you choose to GM another game in the future!
Old 10-13-2005, 04:33 PM   #347
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Way too much killing compared to protecting would be my comment. I'm sorry there wasn't more interest in the game as I think it would have worked far better with a larger crowd.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:37 PM   #348
digamma
Torchbearer

Sweet. RA was mafia. At least I picked him off.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:43 PM   #349
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and props to SnDvls for running this rather complex game. I would play in one of your games again.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:51 PM   #350
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Oh and props to SnDvls for running this rather complex game. I would play in one of your games again.

Agree. Kudos.