Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2005, 12:30 PM   #151
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
dola -

I should state I did not state publicly on here I'd be out of touch, although I knew I would be. that goes to other non voters.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:34 PM   #152
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
I thought the same about Dubb. Then I looked at the fact he had gotten 3 votes yesterday. The wolves had to know he was gaining some suspiction to get 3 votes on day one so they might have layed off him hoping that we'd lynch another villager. I could be swayed towards dubb, but my gut feeling is that he might be a pawn for the wolves right now.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #153
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
actually I did not say I'd be out of touch. I thought with a Thurday start I'd at least get in a day 1 vote, but it turns out that Night 0 was due by Friday @ 10 AM. We left my house in south Chandler, Az @ 8 AM to take the 1 year old to get her one year shots. Then we left to head to Flagstaff, had to be there by 2 PM so hence I missed the day one deadline.....anyhow thanks for trying to defend me, but I can not accept it. I erred in thinking I'd make a day 1 vote in time and didn't bottom line.

Again we've started to get some talk going, let's get some wolves quickly.

My mistake, it was pennywise that said he was going to be out, along with blade, guess i should have checked back first, either way, i know you are always active, and i for one wont hold the first day abscence against you.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #154
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I thought the same about Dubb. Then I looked at the fact he had gotten 3 votes yesterday. The wolves had to know he was gaining some suspiction to get 3 votes on day one so they might have layed off him hoping that we'd lynch another villager. I could be swayed towards dubb, but my gut feeling is that he might be a pawn for the wolves right now.

i thought about this as well, but then i saw something i thought was equally telling...i voted for st cronin on day one for no reason other than he voted for me for no reason in the last game we played. everyone that had voted before or immediately after me picked someone else (either by choice or accident) until Dubb, he was the first one to vote for Cronin after me, which essentially started the bandwagon.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:47 PM   #155
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
dola, the more i look at things, the more and more confident i become that dubb is a wolf
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #156
dacman
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: speak to the trout
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
VOTE DUBB

His handle is dubb93, might have to do that one over.

Anyway, for the same reasons saldana outlined in post #150:

VOTE DUBB93
__________________
No signatures allowed.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:50 PM   #157
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
dola, the more i look at things, the more and more confident i become that dubb is a wolf

good point...let me reread it all again.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:52 PM   #158
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
if you shorten someones handle down but its still obvious who you are talking about, it still counts, but thanks


also, i will be out until about 9 tonight, when i can get on from work during my lunch break.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:55 PM   #159
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i thought about this as well, but then i saw something i thought was equally telling...i voted for st cronin on day one for no reason other than he voted for me for no reason in the last game we played. everyone that had voted before or immediately after me picked someone else (either by choice or accident) until Dubb, he was the first one to vote for Cronin after me, which essentially started the bandwagon.


I looked at this again and this isn't true.

Barkeep got a 2nd vote first from Schmidty before Dubb put a second vote on St cronin.

I'm going to keep strong on my vote for Ardent.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #160
saldana
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bethlehem, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
I looked at this again and this isn't true.

Barkeep got a 2nd vote first from Schmidty before Dubb put a second vote on St cronin.

I'm going to keep strong on my vote for Ardent.

look one more time

Post 84 - barkeep votes schmitdy
Post 85 - Ardent votes barkeep
Post 86 - saldana votes cronin
Post 87 - cronin votes RA
post 88 - king votes saldana
post 89 - no vote cast
post 90 - dubb votes cronin (2nd vote)
post 91 - no vote cast
post 92 - schmidty votes barkeep(2nd vote)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:04 PM   #161
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
I'm not sure we're doing the right thing right now with Dubb. Like the last game, someone who's vocal on Day 1 is probably not a wolf. I have a few thoughts but will wait an hour or so to post them (just a theory I have) and also post my vote.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #162
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
look one more time

Post 84 - barkeep votes schmitdy
Post 85 - Ardent votes barkeep
Post 86 - saldana votes cronin
Post 87 - cronin votes RA
post 88 - king votes saldana
post 89 - no vote cast
post 90 - dubb votes cronin (2nd vote)
post 91 - no vote cast
post 92 - schmidty votes barkeep(2nd vote)


ah yes I see....helps to read top down and not bottom up....my bad. Proceed to whip me now.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 PM   #163
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
anyhow the same could be said for Schmidyt (although I don't feel he's a wolf) as he put a 2nd vote on someone too. Just playing devil's advocate.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #164
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tennessee
Saldana is a wolf. Not voting is poor strategy for villagers in the long run, makes sense. Saldana is supporting the ďno voteĒ route by sticking up for Blade and SnDvls for not voting. He does this because it is good for wolves in the long run for villagers to not vote

Basically what he is saying is, hey if you have a good reason not to vote, then donít.

VOTE SALDANA

Not sure how frequently I will be checking in through the day, but I will check again later this evening, prior to the cutoff. So, if you post to me directly, I may reply later.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:54 PM   #165
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
okay let's get this started.

Vote Ardent

he's laying a little too low for just a villager.
Say again? I'd say "Everyone" is laying a little too low so far.

Vote SnDvls
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:03 PM   #166
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Saldana is a wolf.
That's a pretty bold statement to make. Can we assume that you believe he's a wolf because of the reason you cited?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:09 PM   #167
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Troy, NY
Note: I'm not going to be anal about voting. The one requirement is that you bold it.

I prefer if you put in caps and use the person's full name. But as I said, those aren't a big deal -- the only way I won't count is if it's not bolded.
__________________
Quis custodiets ipsos custodes?
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #168
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Troy, NY
Also, I was thinking that the Christmas holiday might not require as much alteration of schedule as I thought. It's definitely less of a "traveling" holiday than Thanksgiving. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, though...
__________________
Quis custodiets ipsos custodes?
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #169
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm not sure we're doing the right thing right now with Dubb. Like the last game, someone who's vocal on Day 1 is probably not a wolf. I have a few thoughts but will wait an hour or so to post them (just a theory I have) and also post my vote.

I have to say how much i agree with this statement. I dont know what theory he has, but dubb is always vocal and helpful. Hes one of the very few im not suspicious of yet.

Raiders, what ya thinking? Im interested where you take this, as so far i havent had a chance to stir everyone up yet so i dont have a good read on anyone.
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #170
Schmidty
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Whitmore, CA
I want to see more before I vote today. I'm going out for awhile, but I'll be back a little later.
__________________
Just beat the devil out of it!!! - Bob Ross
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #171
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Troy, NY
Also: I don't have a rule where you have to re-vote at the same time you unvote.

Feel free to unvote, and then come back later in a new post to re-vote...
__________________
Quis custodiets ipsos custodes?
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #172
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
VOTE SALDANA

Dacman is next if they don't get over this stupid shit. I've done nothing but try and help and they seem willing to tie a noose around my neck at every corner. Saldana refers to my post number 101(but doesn't include the #, b/c he is pulling a wolf move and trying to cause confusion) and tries to use it as evidence that I'm a wolf. Nothing about post 101 is anything except me defending myself and wondering why some of the people were taking my actions as wolfish yesterday.

Besides, something tells me Grammaticus knows more than he is telling us.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:32 PM   #173
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
this could be the quietest werewolf gaMe ever, not really enough of anything to make any kind of vote on, so since he voted for me for no reason last game

VOTE ST CRONIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I don't see us getting anywhere if I vote for a 5th person, so I will:

VOTE SALDANA

Those were two posts apart...saldana cast the first vote for the eventual lynch, and the guy that got night capped was the guy to vote for him first.....something to watch for sure..either a set up or bad wolf play
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #174
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Sounds like Raiders Army ends up always being a wolf. So, if you believe in destiny, he would be a good blind guess. So the best thing to do is make him a villager with the wolfsbane, so he can protect himself on the first day. Well, since Iím new at this, I just did a randomly generated pick and it came out as:

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST

No hard feelings village buddy.

Wow, that reeks of ardent and hes from tenn too....we sure ardent doesnt have 2 board names like some of us?

Outside of that, ardent is someone who has acted odd so far this game. Both rounds so far he has voted in spite due to a vote on him. With schmidty in game and ardent didnt vote for him its off his normal play style. Just a thought, as what villager still votes off spite after day 1?
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:39 PM   #175
Vince
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Willow Glen, CA
Hey, just checking in here for Pennywisesb. If he's been replaced or whatnot, no big deal (I don't really have time to catch up on the thread right now), but he called me today and asked me to post that he'd be back in touch about 6 or 7 PST this evening. He expeceted to be back last night, but something happened with his ride.
__________________
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.Thatís not me talking: thatís science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #176
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Troy, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Hey, just checking in here for Pennywisesb. If he's been replaced or whatnot, no big deal (I don't really have time to catch up on the thread right now), but he called me today and asked me to post that he'd be back in touch about 6 or 7 PST this evening. He expeceted to be back last night, but something happened with his ride.

Thanks! He hasn't been replaced.
__________________
Quis custodiets ipsos custodes?
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #177
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
starting a bandwagon on the first day is a pretty wolfish move don't you think? No one is sure about who to vote for on the first day, so a wolf comes along and starts piling on a villager. The rest of us just want to stay alive so we figure "better him than me". "Sorry st. cronin, you know how it is... day 1 and all..." is how we rationalize it. I'm not falling for your little trap Dubb

so with that

VOTE DUBB93
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
dola

why else would Dubb want to be the first one to cast a second vote? weird logic

Im sorry, i for one believe spreading votes around(we already had 6 different votes at the time) is what the wolves want. We only find out roles in a lynch, thought we can assume all night kills are villagers. These two posts sound wolfish to me, as hes basically asking why anyone would want to vote for someone with a vote on them already. if we dont we dont have a lynch(tiebreaker?) and the wolves get another night. We find out far mor in close votes then everyone has 1...just absolutely the opposite of what i feel a villager would say. im still reading, but hes my new #1 after this
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #178
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I have to say how much i agree with this statement. I dont know what theory he has, but dubb is always vocal and helpful. Hes one of the very few im not suspicious of yet.

Raiders, what ya thinking? Im interested where you take this, as so far i havent had a chance to stir everyone up yet so i dont have a good read on anyone.
Well, what I was thinking as I wrote that was that Grammaticus was viewing the thread. I wanted to see if he was going to post. It took him a while, but he did it.

#1: We know the wolves are active.
#2: There are a few new players this game, so they may not be savvy to some of the "tricks" of being a wolf. After having been a wolf numerous times before, I know most of the tricks.

I was hoping that there was a new guy to the game who was a wolf and was viewing the thread but not posting. Usually the wolves don't make the first move, especially this close to the beginning of the game. That's why I don't think SnDvls (first vote) and dubb are bad guys...at least at this point.

I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for. I was going to go with Grammaticus, but now I'll probably just go for a silent individual.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #179
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
Too much pontification in his part for a friday:

VOTE DUBB93

Ok, i dont know what that word means, but ya....what does that word mean?
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:48 PM   #180
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
Ardent is too quiet, but at least he voted! What about these folks:

Non-voters: Blade, pennywisesb, SnDvls
I think one of these guys is a wolf as well.

SnDvls gets the bye. Blade will get a bye from me today.

VOTE PENNYWISESB
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #181
dacman
College Benchwarmer
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: speak to the trout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ok, i dont know what that word means, but ya....what does that word mean?

pontification? Basically expressing your opinion like it's a fact, or something like that.
__________________
No signatures allowed.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #182
McSweeny
College Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Im sorry, i for one believe spreading votes around(we already had 6 different votes at the time) is what the wolves want. We only find out roles in a lynch, thought we can assume all night kills are villagers. These two posts sound wolfish to me, as hes basically asking why anyone would want to vote for someone with a vote on them already. if we dont we dont have a lynch(tiebreaker?) and the wolves get another night. We find out far mor in close votes then everyone has 1...just absolutely the opposite of what i feel a villager would say. im still reading, but hes my new #1 after this
nope, i don't buy this at all. on the first day the wolves want to lynch a villager. spreading out the vote only increases the chance of a wolf being lynched. the wolves know who the villagers are, so they have the most to gain by NOT spreading the votes out.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #183
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Vote Dubb93.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
You seem intelligent. Perhaps a little too intelligent...

VOTE dacman


Both were meaningless votes tossed on right before the deadline...trends show those have a higher percentage of being bad...not much higher, but a tad...just noting
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:07 PM   #184
Raiders Army
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Black Hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
nope, i don't buy this at all. on the first day the wolves want to lynch a villager. spreading out the vote only increases the chance of a wolf being lynched. the wolves know who the villagers are, so they have the most to gain by NOT spreading the votes out.
Blade's right dude. What you're doing is thinking one step at a time. The wolves are thinking down the road. The votes begin to distinguish you. If we can't tell the wolves' voting patterns (which is much harder to do by spreading out the vote) then it gives them an advantage in the long run. The sacrifice of one wolf to remain anonymous is highly appealing.

Not only that, but remember they could change their votes if a wolf was being threatened.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #185
SnDvls
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Wow, that reeks of ardent and hes from tenn too....we sure ardent doesnt have 2 board names like some of us?

Outside of that, ardent is someone who has acted odd so far this game. Both rounds so far he has voted in spite due to a vote on him. With schmidty in game and ardent didnt vote for him its off his normal play style. Just a thought, as what villager still votes off spite after day 1?


This is why I voted for him. Usually if he's a villager he's very active, all of the sudden he throws in a vote on day one...then nothing. He throws a vote on me...then runs off again....nothing. It's not his normal "villager" role.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #186
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
Saldana is a wolf. Not voting is poor strategy for villagers in the long run, makes sense. Saldana is supporting the ďno voteĒ route by sticking up for Blade and SnDvls for not voting. He does this because it is good for wolves in the long run for villagers to not vote

Basically what he is saying is, hey if you have a good reason not to vote, then donít.

VOTE SALDANA

Not sure how frequently I will be checking in through the day, but I will check again later this evening, prior to the cutoff. So, if you post to me directly, I may reply later.

If im to understand this post correctly, then

VOTE SALDANA

I dont need to elaborate
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:11 PM   #187
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
This is why I voted for him. Usually if he's a villager he's very active, all of the sudden he throws in a vote on day one...then nothing. He throws a vote on me...then runs off again....nothing. It's not his normal "villager" role.

Ardent is always quiet in my mind, never talks much...always short and to the point. But i know for a fact he thinks out every move he makes, which is the only reason i find it odd he has acted sooo non-chalant over the duration of this game to date.
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:15 PM   #188
McSweeny
College Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Blade's right dude. What you're doing is thinking one step at a time. The wolves are thinking down the road. The votes begin to distinguish you. If we can't tell the wolves' voting patterns (which is much harder to do by spreading out the vote) then it gives them an advantage in the long run. The sacrifice of one wolf to remain anonymous is highly appealing.

Not only that, but remember they could change their votes if a wolf was being threatened.
ok i hadn't really considered that because i always figured day 1 votes were too random to help establish any patterns.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #189
dubb93
Pro Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
ok i hadn't really considered that because i always figured day 1 votes were too random to help establish any patterns.

Nope, another example of what I said in post 101, that people are trying to use against me, being confirmed by another experienced player
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
Because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:28 PM   #190
McSweeny
College Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Nope, another example of what I said in post 101, that people are trying to use against me, being confirmed by another experienced player
ok i think i missed post 101 the first time around

and i didn't even remember it was you that outed me last time around
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #191
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
nope, i don't buy this at all. on the first day the wolves want to lynch a villager. spreading out the vote only increases the chance of a wolf being lynched. the wolves know who the villagers are, so they have the most to gain by NOT spreading the votes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
ok i hadn't really considered that because i always figured day 1 votes were too random to help establish any patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
ok i think i missed post 101 the first time around

and i didn't even remember it was you that outed me last time around

Sorry, i dont like how he at first vehemently fought back after one person called him out(while he was supporting dubb bandwagon), but as soon as another jumped on he was all agreeable and nice....by the time dubb commented he like puddy. Seems really fishy, avoiding conflict and agreeing with whoever has support at the time in question. Not how you played last time when you were a wolf, but still very odd to me
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 12-19-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #192
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
dola -

I should state I did not state

Sorry, i got a kick out of that one...now back to my never ending crusade to get either mcsweeney or saldana killed right now...

NEXT ROUND IT COULD BE YOU!!!
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #193
McSweeny
College Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Sorry, i dont like how he at first vehemently fought back after one person called him out(while he was supporting dubb bandwagon), but as soon as another jumped on he was all agreeable and nice....by the time dubb commented he like puddy. Seems really fishy, avoiding conflict and agreeing with whoever has support at the time in question. Not how you played last time when you were a wolf, but still very odd to me
sorry if i've only played 3 games of werewolf. i know most of you have played far more than i have and have a better grasp of the finer points of the game than i do.

on day 1 i thought dubb made an weird play. you called me out on it and did a poor job explaining why dubb had NOT made a weird play. Raiders Army did a far better job explaining it, and then dubb pointed out that he had explained himself as well in an earlier post. If that progression of logic seems suspicious to you, i don't really know what else to say.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #194
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
sorry if i've only played 3 games of werewolf. i know most of you have played far more than i have and have a better grasp of the finer points of the game than i do.

on day 1 i thought dubb made an weird play. you called me out on it and did a poor job explaining why dubb had NOT made a weird play. Raiders Army did a far better job explaining it, and then dubb pointed out that he had explained himself as well in an earlier post. If that progression of logic seems suspicious to you, i don't really know what else to say.

This is your 5th game(checked your post history) dating as far back as game 2, which is far before i got in(think i entered around 7-8). Either way i just think of you as a more experienced player who should know better. if you claim not to, i cant argue that fact...but i cant ignore my thoughts on the matter either. Your not new after two games, left alone 4...arguing ignorance to the ways of the game is not a sound strategy if you ask me, but hey...ill be dead soon enough as usual and ill be out of your hair
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #195
McSweeny
College Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
...not a sound strategy if you ask me, but hey...ill be dead soon enough as usual and ill be out of your hair
because you know it takes sound strategy to get killed repeatedly on day one right?
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #196
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Can someone help me with a vote count? Hoops isnt around to help in that department and i have idea who has how many votes
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM   #197
McSweeny
College Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Somerville, MA
and now that Blade is apparently done bickering with me we can get down to business

VOTE SALDANA
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #198
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
and now that Blade is apparently done bickering with me we can get down to business

VOTE SALDANA

Im never done...just making more observations for later when it matters. Your not on the block today so why push yet? Ill deal with the duel here, saldana and gramat
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:25 PM   #199
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
This is why I voted for him. Usually if he's a villager he's very active, all of the sudden he throws in a vote on day one...then nothing. He throws a vote on me...then runs off again....nothing. It's not his normal "villager" role.
You've got to be kidding me. You keep mentioning your trip to Flagstaff as the reason you're not here, and throwing accusations my way? Be real, and start voting consistently, son.

I still got my vote in and I spent 13 hours on the road between Chicago and Bonne Terre MO (and back). Heaven forbid I have (gasp!) a job as well and that I don't have internet access at the moment to my computer.

Couple that with, I don't know, the fact my roommate's computer is dieing due to some SpyFighter/coolwwwsearch virus he got while I was gone, and you'll find out that I've tried to respond five friggin times just to this one post.

Give it up. I'm a villager. Go try and sell your dope somewhere else.

And you can email that Flagstaff crap to [email protected]. I'd like to see it.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #200
Blade6119
Coordinator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
And you can email that Flagstaff crap to [email protected]. I'd like to see it.

Thats getting dangerously close to a bet like the HT supporter...both of you should back off that one...Ardent, can you respond to why you have been fairly random with votes so far...i know you think it out, so im just wondering if im missing some deeper thought or something...

As for sun, penny, and i...we all said we were gone and id be very suspicious of us all. Sun and i more the penny, as were normally very active and used a reason to be quiet(if lying). Just a thought about myself as well to share around the pressure.
__________________
Underachievement
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut by the lawnmower.
Despair
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.