Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #101
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Our schedule and important dates to keep track of for August...

Assistant coach Phil Walker has reminded you of some important dates in the month ahead:

7.8.2010 - Norfolk County FA Senior Cup First Round Draw
11.8.2010 - Diss v Needham Market (Eastern Counties Premier)
14.8.2010 - Dalton Utd Under 18s v Diss Under 18s
14.8.2010 - Diss v Hanworth Villa (FA Cup)
15.8.2010 - English FA Cup Second Qualifying Round Draw
18.8.2010 - Hadleigh v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
21.8.2010 - Norfolk County FA Senior Cup First Round
21.8.2010 - English FA Vase First Qualifying Round Draw
21.8.2010 - Diss Under 18s v Thetford Under 18s
21.8.2010 - Diss v Thackley (Eastern Counties Premier)
22.8.2010 - Norfolk County FA Senior Cup Second Round Draw
28.8.2010 - English FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
28.8.2010 - Dereham Under 18s v Diss Under 18s
28.8.2010 - Norwich Utd v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
29.8.2010 - English FA Cup Third Qualifying Round Draw

The Hanworth Villa draw for the cup is interesting..

Our fans are a little cheeky as we only managed to sell 56 season tickets..5 more than last season.

Up next is the ECP match versus Needham Market
Old 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #102
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Needham Market (ECP, Home)

Going into the game we are picked to win the game by the Diss Informer and I am happy we are starting out at home..the other thing is...we are looking at record attendance for the game as well with us expecting around 210 spectators.

We approach the game with the 3-4-3, Normal depth on the Defense, Wide field and a Quick tempo. Our starting team will be

GK Martin Bowles
CD Kieran Drummond
CD Liam Teraud (Off season signing)
CD Phil Day (Youth Team promotion)
MR Steven Horsey (Off Season Signing)
ML Gavin Cameron (Off Season Signing)
MC Paddy Mumbley
MC Callum Kearns (End of Season Signing, Ineligible to play the last 3 matches)
ST Paul Furlong
ST Anthony Robinson
ST Clive Moyo Modise (South African Off Season Signing)

Almost every goal scored in the friendlies came from Clive or our backup ST Steve Higgs.

Quote:
Diss edge narrow Needham Market game
Diss Town 1 - 0 Needham Market (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against Needham Market on a fine summer's evening at Brewers Green Lane.

Veteran striker Paul Furlong gave Diss the lead with a powerful close range effort in the 36th minute.

Diss were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents

Attendance: 236

We aren't that aggressive of a team in our challenges and I think the other teams pick up on it, the other thing I note is they try to disrupt our play with ticky tack fouls.
Quote:
Diss scrape victory with Furlong on song
A man of the match performance from Paul Furlong proved just enough to lighten a dull game during Diss' 1 - 0 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over Needham Market, according to the Diss Soccer Informer.

The striker netted the only goal of the game to round off his performance by applying the finishing touches to a great team move by scoring a powerful close range effort.

Furlong belied his increasing years with some delightful touches and capped his performance with a goal.

Furlong, 41, has recently declared himself delighted with the way the club is performing in the league.

Paul at 41 years old nailed the goal it was a thing of beauty. He is being pegged as an coach on our side when he wants to hang it up.

Not a bad showing in the 1st game in Division 9.

Up next is our FA Cup 3 days away against Hanworth Villa at home.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #103
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hanworth Villa (FA Cup, Home)

Well it certainly hasn't been our first match to be picked as an underdog and it won't be our last. The one thing I have to say is this team has always managed to play up for a game and based upon what I am seeing and the reports we will have to.

Still sticking with the 3-4-3, going with a deep line, Wide field and Quick Tempo against this team.

Same starters as last match except we brought Josh Clover on for Paddy who was still a little tired from the match 3 days ago.

Quote:
Quality of possession provides victory
Diss Town 3 - 1 Hanworth Villa (FA Cup 1st Qual. Rnd)

A highly polished performance from the Diss Town players saw their team earn a 3 - 1 win over Hanworth Villa at Brewers Green Lane. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat trick from Diss' Steve Higgs.

Veteran centre-back Steve Payne showed a sign of things to come though as he nearly gifted Diss a goal in the 56th minute. Diss finally took the lead when young striker Steve Higgs scored a well timed close range finish in the 63rd minute.

Striker Jody Webb then equalized for Hanworth Villa in the 69th minute with a close range header. Higgs then added his 2nd goal of the game with a good header from just inside the six yard box in the 82nd minute.

The Diss fans might have been forgiven for thinking that their team would be happy with just the winner but the scoring wasn't over. Higgs completed the scoring for Diss with a placed shot in the 90th minute.

Attendance: 398

Steve Higgs is the man...wow what a display, he stepped up when needed coming in as a sub at the half for a tired Anthony Robinson. The whole team did quite well. The disaster was our sub for Paul Furlong, Mickey Burns broke his ankle and will be out for 2 to 3 months.

The attendance of 398 was amazing to have for this match and I hope to keep on seeing that increase.

Our next match is against Hadleigh 4 days out and it is an away game.

As we move towards that match the 2nd round draw for the FA Cup happens and we draw Runcorn Linnets at Home.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #104
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hadleigh (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Diss powerless to resist as Hadleigh dominate
Hadleigh United 2 - 0 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town were on the end of a deserved defeat at Millfield as they were completely outplayed by their opponents.

An error from Matt Bowles allowed young striker Ryan Fox to score a close range effort. The young striker went on to complete his hat trick with a well timed close range finish in the 53rd minute.

Attendance: 188

What an ugly loss. Matt Bowles has probably played his worst game I have seen so far and I didn't bring Ross Cobb with me to sub so we had to stick by Bowles. The players were tired and worn out.

The scary thing is, we play Thackley in 3 days at home...I hope I can figure out a solid enough rotation for the match.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #105
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Thackley (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Diss miss chance to win
Diss Town 1 - 1 Thackley (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town fans will have been frustrated by their team's 1 - 1 draw with Thackley at Brewers Green Lane.

Young striker Scott Giblett gave Thackley the lead with a long range effort in the 26th minute. Young striker Steve Higgs equalized for Diss in the 69th minute with a powerful effort.

Attendance: 213

Honestly, this should have been an easy win for us. Their keeper took a knock right at the start of the match, stayed in and stopped almost everything sent his way.

Higgs is proving to be a young amazing talent for us...I hope he sticks with us and grows...I plan on keeping him happy.

We at least get a week to rest before our FA Cup match versus Runcorn at home.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #106
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Five-star Diss triumph
Diss Town 5 - 1 Runcorn Linnets (FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd)

A close-fought game at Brewers Green Lane ended in a one-sided result as Diss Town defeated Runcorn Linnets 5 - 1. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat trick from Diss' Steve Higgs.

Young midfielder Josh Clover gave Diss the lead with a placed shot in the 12th minute. Striker Troy Hayder then equalized for Runcorn L in the 13th minute with a well timed close range finish.

Young striker Steve Higgs put the home team in front in the 17th minute with an effort from the edge of the area. Higgs added his 2nd goal of the game with a placed shot in the 53rd minute. Higgs scored from the penalty spot after Hayder gave away a penalty.

Centre-back Liam Teraud completed the rout with a header in the 71st minute. Runcorn L's Ben Cooke received the red card for a professional foul with 90 minutes on the clock.

Attendance: 779

For a game that we were picked to be destroyed in we shocked ourselves as well as the 780 people at Brewers Green Lane.

When we scored the first goal and they equalized a minute later I was figuring this would be one of those back and forth games but Higgs just poured it on and would not stop.

Quote:
Higgs puts in classy performance for Diss

Steve Higgs was one of the players to make a difference during Diss' convincing 5 - 1 English FA Cup Second Qualifying Round victory over Runcorn L this afternoon in a match where Diss Town showed a cutting edge.

The Runcorn Linnets defense could not cope with Higgs' finishing, as he bagged three goals for The Tangerines.

Higgs, who is valued at $5K, currently has 10 months remaining on his $8 p/w deal at Brewers Green Lane.

He has gone up in value this season alone and I will be giving him a raise here real soon.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #107
MacroGuru
Coordinator

A couple of notes for the season so far:

There is a takeover action happening with the board and it is looking like it is on the rocks.

They will not relay the field, they keep telling me that it does not need it yet it is turning into a dust bowl right now and when the rains hit, it will be a muddy mess.

Three of our best players on the Senior Squad are youngsters, actually U-18's to be exact. Paul Hall and Phil Day, both defenders and Hall starts and anchors the center of the defense while Phil comes in and subs out to give either three of the CD's a breather. Steve Higgs rounds out the Trifecta with solid play up front as a striker.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #108
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Norwich United (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Honors even at Plantation Road
Norwich United 1 - 1 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town were held to a draw by Norwich United in a close-fought Eastern Counties Premier match played at Plantation Road. The match was certainly not one for the purists with neither team able to keep the errors out of their game.

When Baker gave away a penalty, Furlong confidently stepped up to score the opportunity. Striker Steve Oleksewycz equalized for Norwich Utd in the 71st minute with a fine header from pointblank range.

Norwich Utd were nearly gifted a goal in the 79th minute after Clive Moyo Modise's lapse in concentration, but they failed to capitalize on the opportunity presented to them.

Attendance: 160

What an ugly, sloppy game and what a let down from the performance we had last match.

They slowed us down with foul after foul and we just could not get into our groove.

Our next match is the Norfolk County Senior Cup 2nd Round against Wells Town at home.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #109
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wells Town (Norfolk Senior Cup, Home)

Quote:
Comfortable 4 - 1 win for The Tangerines
Diss Town 4 - 1 Wells Town (Norfolk Senior Cup 2nd Rnd)

Diss Town produced a good display this afternoon to see off the challenge of Wells Town at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Paddy Mumbley helped Diss to victory.

Veteran striker Paul Furlong got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a powerful close range effort in the 4th minute. Midfielder Paddy Mumbley doubled Diss' lead with a placed shot in the 10th minute. Mumbley had no trouble in scoring from the spot when Moogan gave up a penalty.

Player Gavin Torpey pulled one back for Wells Town after 47 minutes with a real poacher's effort. Striker Clive Moyo Modise completed the rout with a powerful effort in the 61st minute.

Attendance: 126

We did what we were expected to do and that was destroy a team that was way below us. Clive finally broke his scoring drought and helped us in this win. Mumbley played amazing and took the MoM.

Next up is Walsham-le-Willows away..
Old 01-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #110
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Walsham-le-Willows (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Diss beat Walsham-le-Willows in thrilling encounter
Walsham-le-Willows 4 - 5 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Both teams served up a game to remember as Diss Town came out on top in this 5 - 4 goal-fest.

One expert commented that this match should be taped and shown to any doubters of the beautiful game. Two goals from Clive Moyo Modise helped Diss to victory.

Striker Clive Moyo Modise gave Diss the lead with a real poacher's effort in the 29th minute. Striker James Marrow then equalized for Walsham-le-Willows in the 33rd minute with a real poacher's effort.

Young striker Ryan Hall put the home team in front in the 34th minute with a curling shot from the edge of the area. Veteran striker Paul Furlong then equalized for Diss in the 38th minute with a freak goal.

Young winger Jamie Brewster showed a sign of things to come though as he nearly gifted Diss a goal in the 49th minute. Marrow then added his 2nd goal of the game with a real poacher's effort in the 62nd minute. Driver was able to keep his composure to score from the spot after Clover gave away a penalty.

Striker Anthony Robinson then managed to pull one back for Diss after 73 minutes with a real poacher's effort. Moyo Modise then equalized for Diss after 82 minutes with a well timed close range finish.

Midfielder Aaron Allanson then clinched a late winner for the away team in the 90th minute with a real poacher's effort. Allanson's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 171

What an amazing, awesome awe inspiring game from both teams. My boys never gave up, even when we were sitting 2 goals down at the 70 minute mark. They kept pushing and pushing and we finally nailed it...scoring three goals in the final 17 minutes with the last goal scored by newly acquired MF Aaron Allanson who just lobbed the ball over the keeper from about 12 yards out.

The next match is a FA Cup 3rd Qual Round against North Greenford at home..
Old 01-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #111
MacroGuru
Coordinator

North Greenford (FA Cup, Home)

Quote:
Diss edge narrow North Greenford game
Diss Town 1 - 0 North Greenford United (FA Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against North Greenford United on a fine summer's afternoon at Brewers Green Lane.

When Sharps gave away a penalty, Teraud confidently stepped up to score the opportunity. Diss also saw their 85th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Both teams had a number of attempts at goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was poor throughout.

Attendance: 379

A back and forth even game where honestly, I question the Penalty that was called it is a piss poor way to win but I will take it...

Our next match is an ECP match at home against 1st place New Mills.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #112
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Sitting at my desk in the late hours, my light being the only one on I am jolted out of my thought process by the ringing of my cell phone....looking at the phone it's the clubs Board, well actually it's the Chairman...

"Hey Dennis listen up, the takeover has happened and I am no longer in control of things, I just wanted to say good luck and you have done an awesome job."

"Well thank you...who is going to be the new chairman?" I quip back

"That would be me" came the familiar voice from the doorway. I hit the end call button, dumbfounded at who is standing before me.

"I told you, my father squirreled away a bit of cash" Nick managed to sheepishly squeak out.

"So what, you thought you would by a Club?"

"Well no any club, one you have on the cusp of being a money maker and I am going to be with you every step of the way unless someone offers me a ton of money to move on..."

I sit back and laugh, it's going to be nice to have someone on my side with the board.

"Listen though Dennis, I know we are mates and all, but you have to keep the budgets tight, I spent a ton of my money to get this club so the cash isn't as liquid as where I want it, but you keep on winning and we will solve that issue."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On top of the new ownership I managed to ship out Mick Cousins and Ben Baptist who just were not fitting in with our plans.

I have also sent the youth I could back down to the U-18's, Botley and Burns are still injured and working with what little reserves I have.

As for the ECP we are sitting in 8th place with 8 points and only 4 points away from New Mills who are in 1st.

But the shocker that might count us out of the FA Cup in the 4th round is we drew Basingstoke, a Blue Square South club.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #113
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
What an amazing, awesome awe inspiring game from both teams. My boys never gave up, even when we were sitting 2 goals down at the 70 minute mark. They kept pushing and pushing and we finally nailed it...scoring three goals in the final 17 minutes with the last goal scored by newly acquired MF Aaron Allanson who just lobbed the ball over the keeper from about 12 yards out.

The next match is a FA Cup 3rd Qual Round against North Greenford at home..

Offensive explosion in this one, nice fight back!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #114
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Offensive explosion in this one, nice fight back!

Thanks, I am beginning to like this squad and their ability to bounce back and overcome almost any obstacle that is thrown out in front of them.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #115
MacroGuru
Coordinator

New Mills (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat New Mills
Diss Town 3 - 2 New Mills (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over New Mills on a fine summer's evening at Brewers Green Lane. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat trick from Diss' Steve Higgs.

New Mills finally took the lead when attacking full back Shaun Bainbridge scored a real poacher's effort in the 45th minute. Young centre-back Joe Holdsworth showed a sign of things to come though as he nearly gifted Diss a goal in the 55th minute.

Midfielder Stephen Shaw doubled New Mills' lead with an effort from the edge of the area in the 56th minute. Young striker Steve Higgs pulled one back for Diss after 63 minutes with a placed shot.

Young striker Steve Higgs then equalized for Diss in the 64th minute with a placed shot. Higgs scored what proved to be the winner for the hosts in the 72nd minute with a powerful effort.

Then followed controversy as Diss were denied claims by striker Anthony Robinson for a penalty.

Attendance: 196

A classy performance from Steve Higgs was the difference this evening during Diss' 3 - 2 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over New Mills.

Higgs scored a marvelous hat trick as the New Mills defense simply failed to cope with the skillful striker's explosive finishing.

The Diss top scorer, with 10 goals so far this season, has recently signed a new deal which will keep him at Brewers Green Lane until June 2012.

Higgs is our young savior right now and the money is going to be offered to the club soon for him...He put this club on his shoulders and brought the win to us.

Beating the 1st place club was nice and it helped move us closer. However we are in the Vase and the FA Cup and our normal games we would be playing have been moved.

Up next is Thames in the 2nd qualifying round for the FA Vase at home.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #116
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Thames (FA Vase, Home)

Quote:
Diss Town 3 - 1 Thame United (FA Vase 2nd Qual. Rnd)

An efficient performance from Diss earned them a 3 - 1 win over Thame United at Brewers Green Lane.

Centre-back Daniel Corrigan showed a sign of things to come though as he nearly gifted Diss a goal in the 2nd minute. Thame finally took the lead when Thame captain Ian Tunnicliffe scored a header in the 66th minute. Diss' equalizer came through Callum Kearns as he seized on Colin Gower's mistake to score a well timed close range finish.

Young midfielder Phil Skelton put the home team in front in the 83rd minute with a well executed finish. The Diss fans might have been forgiven for thinking that their team would be happy with just the winner but the scoring wasn't over.

Young striker Steve Higgs completed the scoring for Diss with a placed shot in the 90th minute.

Attendance: 137

I was hoping for better attendance for a Vase match but it's ok..Our cup runs are longer than they were last season so I am happy there. This team is just coming together at the right time.

Up next is our 4th qualifying round FA Cup game against Blue Square South team Basingstoke.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:06 PM   #117
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Basingstoke (FA Cup, Away)

We are the definite underdogs going into this match and I let the players know it, however I give an aura of confidence to the press that I have faith in the guys and if we go out and execute, we can win.

Quote:
Basingstoke triumph in goal bonanza
Basingstoke Town 4 - 3 Diss Town (FA Cup 4th Qual. Rnd)

Basingstoke Town come out on top in a 4 - 3 goal extravaganza against Diss Town.

With neither side concentrating on defense, the goals flowed freely at both ends and the crowd will have gone home happy at the entertainment provided. Two goals from Steve Brinkhurst helped Basingstoke to victory.

Striker Anthony Robinson got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a powerful freekick from the edge of the area in the 10th minute. An error from Tutu Henriques allowed striker Clive Moyo Modise to score a well timed close range finish. Young winger Steve Brinkhurst pulled one back for Basingstoke after 29 minutes with a well timed close range finish.

Allanson scored with a good header from just inside the six yard box in the 37th minute to extend the lead further. Striker Matty Barlow pulled one back for Basingstoke after 44 minutes with a well timed close range finish.

Young winger Steve Brinkhurst then equalized for Basingstoke in the 61st minute with a good header from just inside the six yard box. Midfielder Tom Williamson scored what proved to be the winner for the home team in the 74th minute with a freekick.

Attendance: 612

What an awesome match, we had it but the experience, talent and speed finally wore us out in the last minutes of the second half. We had this game and you know what, I wasn't disappointed with our players, the fans may be. The result should have been in our favor we took this team to the house and made them earn their win.

The one thing I do feel is we got a little complacent being up on them as much as we we were with so much time left.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #118
MacroGuru
Coordinator

That pays end to the FA Cup for us, one round more than the boards expectations. The fans on the other hand are pretty fickle and are still holding the Hadleigh loss against us.

We are going to have to string up an impressive string of undefeated matches...oh wait, we have five straight matches without a loss in league play.

Next up for us is a ECP match against Harwich at their place and with only 4 days of rest.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #119
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Harwich (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Diss powerless to resist as Harwich dominate
Harwich & Parkeston 2 - 0 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town were on the end of a deserved defeat at Royal Oak as they were completely outplayed by their opponents. The match was certainly not one for the purists with neither team able to keep the errors out of their game.

The match started tentatively for Diss with John Howarth nearly handing the opposition the lead in the 18th minute. Harwich also saw their 45th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Harwich finally took the lead when young winger Ross Rowland scored a placed shot from close range in the 47th minute. When Teraud gave away a penalty, Farmer confidently stepped up to score the opportunity.

Attendance: 106

We were flat out worked, the let down of the Basingstoke game must have hurt us or rather worn us out.....OR we could just suck ass on the road in league play.

I wasn't to happy with this loss and let the players and press know it...I am usually so outgoing and positive with these guys they usually respond when I get pissed, lets see if that is the case for our next match which is FA Vase 1st round match against Shrewton United at their place.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-12-2010 at 12:21 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #120
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Shrewton United (FA Vase, Away)

Quote:
Diss edge out opponents in close encounter
Shrewton United 1 - 2 Diss Town (FA Vase 1st Rnd)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against Shrewton United on a fine autumn afternoon at The Recreation Ground. Two goals from Steve Higgs helped Diss to victory.

Young striker Steve Higgs got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a powerful close range effort in the 6th minute. Shrewton Utd's equalizer came through Mark Weston as he seized on Phil Day's mistake to score a powerful penalty. Higgs scored what proved to be the winner for the guests in the 55th minute with a well timed close range finish.

Things went from bad to worse for Shrewton Utd as young striker Mark Pearson earned himself an early shower for persistent fouling in the 84th minute.

Attendance: 98

This game was a close fought battle with fouls rampant throughout the entire game from both sides.

Quote:
Higgs sharp in narrow Diss win

Steve Higgs had a fine game this afternoon during Diss' 2 - 1 English FA Vase First Round victory over Shrewton Utd but it was a tight match that could really have gone either way.

The striker netted the winning goal to round off his performance by applying the finishing touches to a good team move by scoring a well timed close range finish.

Higgs had the quality to put the Shrewton United defense to the sword and finished the match with two goals.

The Diss top scorer, with 13 goals so far this season, has recently signed a new deal which will keep him at Brewers Green Lane until June 2012.

Higgs is turning into a cup player...he has 9 goals, 2 assists and 3 MoM's now. I think the bigger clubs are going to start sniffing around here soon for him and knowing my buddy Nick if the offer is good enough, he will take it.

Our next match is an ECP match at home against Leiston.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-12-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #121
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Leiston (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Quality finishing the difference at Brewers Green Lane
Diss Town 2 - 0 Leiston (Eastern Counties Premier)

Leiston succumbed to a 2 - 0 loss in this evening's English Eastern Counties League Premier Division clash at Brewers Green Lane.

Striker Anthony Robinson got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a real poacher's effort in the 10th minute. Striker Clive Moyo Modise finally rounded off their victory in the 69th minute with a real poacher's effort.

Attendance: 175

There we go, the two vets I brought over at the start of the season finally show up. Actually they have been playing well, just getting the assists for Higgs.

Robinson takes home the MoM award for his goal he scored in the 10th minute.

Our fans love us at home and the Jekyll and Hyde BS that we are showing on the road is frustrating. Our next match is a Norfolk Counties Senior Cup at home against Dersingham.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #122
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dersingham (Norfolk County Senior Cup, Home)

Quote:
Dersingham Rovers 0 - 3 Diss Town (Norfolk Senior Cup 3rd Rnd)

An efficient performance from Diss earned them a 3 - 0 win over Dersingham Rovers at Dersingham Stadium.

An error from Matt Rudge allowed veteran striker Paul Furlong to score a fine header from pointblank range. Player Paul Harris compounded the misery for Dersingham in the 31st minute with an embarrassing own-goal.

Striker Anthony Robinson completed the rout with a freekick from the edge of the area in the 82nd minute.

Attendance: 72

We knew the turnout would be low. Our fans expected this win, especially with us in a Division higher.

I do have to say the own goal really wasn't one. Josh Clover hit a corner and bent it in shocking the hell out of their keeper Paul Harris and it bounced off of his hands, hit the post and back into the net.

The schedule is still congested and we play an ECP match away against Arnold in 3 days.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:40 AM   #123
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I haven't forgot this, I had RL intervene a bit last week.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #124
BYU 14
Coordinator

Still got a lot of cup action going here. What are your fatigue levels at now and curious uf you ever use "take a breather" as one of your shouts.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #125
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Still got a lot of cup action going here. What are your fatigue levels at now and curious uf you ever use "take a breather" as one of your shouts.

I have a fairly deep squad and I am bringing up some U18's if I need to give the guys a breather but this last run they were worn out in the league matches.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #126
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Arnold (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Eagles win battle of Eagle Valley
Arnold Town 2 - 1 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Arnold Town battled their way to a 2 - 1 victory in this evenly-matched contest between two hard-working teams.

Young full-back Bill Connell got Arnold off to a flying start by scoring a powerful effort from the edge of the area in the 2nd minute. Veteran striker Chris Freestone doubled Arnold's lead with a real poacher's effort in the 9th minute.

Midfielder Aaron Allanson managed to grab the consolation for Diss in the 15th minute with a screamer from the edge of the area.

Attendance: 128

What a disappointing match and again it's another away loss. We are not playing well outside of our home pitch, this is not boding well for us.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #127
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Sleaford (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Sleaford hold out for draw
Diss Town 0 - 0 Sleaford Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

After a 0 - 0 draw at Brewers Green Lane against Diss Town, a key member of Sleaford Town claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this English Eastern Counties League Premier Division game with a draw.

Diss had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as they maybe would have liked.

Attendance: 191

We had the shots, their keeper was dead on in this game. It poses a bit of a problem as some of the age and wear and tear of where we are at is killing our older forwards.

Up next is our Eastern Counties League Cup match at home against Norwich United in 3 days.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #128
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Norwich United (Eastern Counties Cup, Home)

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat Norwich Utd
Diss Town 2 - 1 Norwich United (Eastern Counties League Cup 1st Rnd)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Norwich United on a fine autumn evening at Brewers Green Lane.

Striker Grant Parkinson got Norwich Utd off to a flying start by scoring a close range header in the 9th minute. Striker Anthony Robinson then equalized for Diss in the 18th minute with a real poacher's effort. Hall was able to keep his composure to score from the spot after Marsden gave away a penalty.

Attendance: 114

Did the PK help, definitely but we survived a major late rally there at the end where our defenders were wore out, all the subs had been used and Norwich went all out attack on us moving everyone up.

It's a solid win, we do move on in another cup and I don't think our boys will be getting a rest anytime soon. I must be wearing out as well, I only submitted 4 subs for this game instead of the typical 5.

Next up is Wroxham in a league match at home. We will be without our young stud at forward Steve Higgs as he sustained a leg gash and will be out for 6 days.

Also a brief update of where we are at in the table. We presently sit at 8th with 15 points tied with 7th, 9th and 10th. 1st place is New Mills with 24 points while Wimborne is 2nd with 20 points.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-30-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 AM   #129
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wroxham (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Yachtsmen strike lucky
Diss Town 0 - 2 Wroxham (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town will be wondering what might have been this morning after a close encounter with Wroxham turned into a 2 - 0 victory for their opponents.

Centre-back Jason Houghton was left red-faced in the 56th minute as he managed to put the ball into his own net. Winger Ashley Pereira's red card for persistent fouling in the 73rd minute put Wroxham's position under question.

Young striker Tom Boden completed the scoring for Wroxham with a fine header from pointblank range in the 86th minute.

Attendance: 171

Our first league home loss and our boys are looking tired. I don't have the depth to support this kind of cup play combined with league.

The board is starting to get pissed as we are now 14th in the table with 15 points. We need a miracle to bring us back up to contention.

We play Silsden at home in a league match in 4 days.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #130
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Silsden (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Superior finishing provides cutting edge for Diss
Diss Town 3 - 1 Silsden (Eastern Counties Premier)

Silsden succumbed to a 3 - 1 loss in this evening's English Eastern Counties League Premier Division clash at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Anthony Robinson helped Diss to victory.

Striker Anthony Robinson gave Diss the lead with a powerful effort in the 18th minute. Robinson doubled Diss' lead with a placed shot in the 34th minute.

Moyo Modise scored with a real poacher's effort in the 49th minute to extend the lead further. Young striker Nigel Saunders managed to grab the consolation for Silsden in the 83rd minute with a real poacher's effort.

Attendance: 167

The vets stepped up and took over the game which had to happen with Higgs being injured. But we lost our best young talent on the defense for a week with a gashed leg. Paul Hall shares the same injury that Higgs took. In fact right after the knock he took and was down, that is when Saunders managed to score.

The win propels us a lot further than I thought it would and we sit at 9th in the table with 18 points and sit outside of 2nd place by 2 points.

Our next match is a league match at home in 3 days against Kirkley & Plakefield.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:34 AM   #131
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Kirkley & Pakefield (ECP, Home)

Quote:
Kirkley & Pakefield hold out for draw
Diss Town 1 - 1 Kirkley & Pakefield (Eastern Counties Premier)

After a 1 - 1 draw at Brewers Green Lane against Diss Town, a key member of Kirkley & Pakefield claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this English Eastern Counties League Premier Division game with a draw.

Striker Anthony Robinson gave Diss the lead with a long range effort in the 39th minute. Young midfielder Michael Firth then equalized for Kirkley & Pakefield after 78 minutes with a freak goal.

Attendance: 209

K&P were ranked 16th in the table they have stunk it up. This is going to show you how worn out we are...I played half of my backups in this match hoping to give some of the starters a rest. I brought Higgs off the bench who had just come off of injury.

This is not going to go well until we win out or lose out of the cups. I can handle sitting down here for another season if I get the cup wins and make the cash. I would like to promote though.

Still sitting at 9th with 19 points while 2nd has 25 points and 1st place has 33 points.

Next up is a league match versus Debenham at their place in 4 days.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #132
MacroGuru
Coordinator

November 2010

As we roll into November Coach Walker dropped the calendar for the month on my desk.

Quote:
Assistant coach Phil Walker has reminded you of some important dates in the month ahead:

3.11.2010 - Debenham v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
6.11.2010 - Diss Under 18s v Mildenhall Under 18s
6.11.2010 - Dereham v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
9.11.2010 - Carlton v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
13.11.2010 - Wisbech Under 18s v Diss Under 18s
13.11.2010 - Brigg v Diss (FA Vase)
14.11.2010 - English FA Vase Third Round Draw
15.11.2010 - Georgia Under 19s v England Under 19s (U19 International)
16.11.2010 - Georgia Under 21s v England Under 21s (U21 International)
17.11.2010 - Georgia v England (Euro Ch'ship Quals)
17.11.2010 - Diss v Bridgnorth (Eastern Counties Premier)
20.11.2010 - Diss v Norwich Utd (Norfolk Senior Cup)
24.11.2010 - Walsham-le-Willows v Diss (Eastern Counties League Cup)
25.11.2010 - Eastern Counties League Cup Quarter Final Draw
27.11.2010 - Diss Under 18s v Dalton Utd Under 18s
27.11.2010 - Shifnal v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)

3 League matches 3 days apart of each other followed up with a FA Vase match 4 days after that.

What a congested schedule we play. I am feeling it for our guys. I might have to dial back on training.

Speaking of training the report came in and Striker Paul Furlong has lost a step and I think this will be his last season playing soccer.

Good news though. With our play last week our Striker Anthony Robinson and GK Matt Bowles were named to the ECP Team of the week.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #133
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Debenham (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Debenham LC 0 - 2 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

An efficient performance from Diss earned them a 2 - 0 win over Debenham LC at Maitlands.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Diss were denied claims by Anthony Robinson for a penalty. Then followed controversy as Diss were denied claims by striker Clive Moyo Modise for a penalty. When Dolman gave away a penalty, Hemsley confidently stepped up to score the opportunity.

The Diss fans might have been forgiven for thinking that their team would be happy with just the winner but the scoring wasn't over. Young striker Steve Higgs completed the scoring for Diss with a placed shot in the 90th minute.

Attendance: 96

What a brutal match. No wonder they have the injuries they have, I honestly think Debenham is playing rugby and not soccer. Anthony had every reason to bitch about the lack of a call, then there was another on Clive and he complained to. I think that set up the take down on Clover being called a penalty. It was good to see Hemsley crack that one home for the one up.

Quote:
Higgs stellar as Diss score easy victory
A display of attacking soccer saw Steve Higgs pick up the man of the match award during Diss' 2 - 0 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over Debenham this evening.

Higgs' pace and skill on the ball was a constant threat to the Debenham LC defense and the striker thoroughly deserved his goal.

Higgs is Diss' top scorer with 14 goals so far this season.

Back from injury and playing in his first full game since he rolls right back into form and does well for us!

The win sets us at 4th place in the table with 22 points while 2nd place is Wimborne with 28 points.

Next up is Dereham at their place 3 days away.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #134
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Dereham (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Dereham Town 0 - 2 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town ensured an early start to head coach Thomas Dennis' birthday celebrations as they beat Dereham 2 - 0 at Aldiss Park.

An error from Adam Gusterson allowed young striker Steve Higgs to score a powerful effort. Higgs completed the scoring for Diss with a real poacher's effort in the 61st minute.

Attendance: 97

Wow, we were cranking the ball today. I haven't seen powerful shots like that in a long time. In fact, Higgs first goal went off the top bar, off the back of the keeper and into the net, it was a crazy shot.

His second goal was off an assist of Robinson whose shot was deflected to him.

Quote:
Higgs stellar as Diss score easy victory
A display of attacking soccer saw Steve Higgs pick up the man of the match award during Diss' 2 - 0 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over Dereham this afternoon.

Higgs had the quality to put the Dereham Town defense to the sword and finished the match with two goals.

Higgs is Diss' top scorer with 16 goals so far this season.

2 games back, 2 MoM awards not bad there.

Robinson is 2 goals away from a career 25 and he keeps missing the easy shots.

We are now 3rd with 25 points while Wimborne is still at 2nd with 28 points. A win by us and a loss by them will tie us. Meanwhile New Mills still sits at 1st with 34 points.

As I have said last season, I do not mind playing for promotion.

Next match is a league match against Carlton at their place.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #135
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Carlton (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Carlton hammered by Diss
Carlton Town 0 - 4 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

The final score of 4 - 0 didn't flatter Diss Town as they totally controlled their English Eastern Counties League Premier Division game against Carlton Town at Stoke Lane. The highlight of the game was undoubtedly a superb hat trick from Diss' Paul Furlong.

An error from Grant Normington allowed forward Steven Horsey to score a close range header. Veteran striker Paul Furlong doubled Diss' lead with a powerful effort in the 64th minute.

Furlong added his 2nd goal of the game with a powerful effort in the 82nd minute. Furlong completed the rout with a powerful effort in the 90th minute.

Attendance: 42

It's a good thing Carlton only had 42 people there to watch this one. It was a well played game by us. Carlton had some great moves at the beginning but once we got into the groove and understood how they are we managed to manhandle them.

Quote:
Classy Furlong stellar for Diss
A comfortable win for Diss Town saw Paul Furlong named man of the match after Diss' convincing 4 - 0 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over Carlton this evening.

The Carlton Town defense could not cope with Furlong's finishing, as he bagged three goals for The Tangerines.

Furlong has made nineteen appearances so far this season for The Tangerines, scoring eight goals.

Furlong losing a step on speed didn't matter he used his knowledge and intelligence to get the scores. He played an amazing game today and was clinical in how he did it.

Quote:
Fans jubilant after Carlton result
Supporter spokesperson Derek Kellaway feels the fans are delighted with Diss' convincing 4 - 0 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over Carlton.

Particularly impressive were players like Matt Bowles, Paddy Mumbley and Paul Furlong and they quite rightly look to be keeping players like Ross Cobb, Aaron Allanson and Steve Higgs out of the team.

Diss have notched up three straight wins and the promotion contenders lie in 2nd place in the English Eastern Counties League Premier Division.

Taking the tiebreaker and overcoming 2nd was awesome and we are only 6 points behind New Mills for 1st place and I think we can do it. The question is can we sustain it with the cup matches coming up.

Coming up is a FA Vase match against Brigg Town at their place.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #136
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Brigg (FA Vase, Away)

Quote:
Brigg hold out for draw
Brigg Town 1 - 1 Diss Town (FA Vase 2nd Rnd)

After a 1 - 1 draw at The Hawthorns against Diss Town, a key member of Brigg Town claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this English FA Vase Second Round game with a draw.

Striker Kerry Giddings gave Brigg the lead with a placed shot from close range in the 28th minute. Midfielder Paddy Mumbley then equalized for Diss after 68 minutes with a placed shot.

Midfielder Paddy Mumbley's red card for persistent fouling in the 87th minute put Diss' position under question.

Attendance: 93

Not a bad showing against a team that was picked to destroy us. We were able to keep the possession to around 50%.

Quote:
Mumbley suspended for one match
Diss Town's midfielder Paddy Mumbley has been given an automatic one match suspension after being sent off in the FA Vase match against Brigg.

The suspension will apply for all English domestic competitions and will start on Saturday 13th November 2010.

You have decided not to appeal against this suspension.

Mumbley shines even as Diss fail to win
A man of the match performance from Paddy Mumbley was not enough to secure a win during Diss' English FA Vase Second Round 1 - 1 draw with Brigg this afternoon, according to the Diss Soccer Informer.

Mumbley put in an impressive performance for Diss and his goal will have been the icing on the cake for the central midfielder.

Mumbley has been attracting the interest of clubs such as injury-ravaged Thetford Town in recent times.

Well this is a touch bittersweet for me. Mumbley gets the MoM but is suspended for the replay due to the red card he received last match. He earned the card, but I will tell you this...half their squad deserved it as well....it's why they all had yellows.

We get a 3 day rest before Brigg is back at our place for the replay.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #137
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Brigg (FA Vase Replay, Home)

Quote:
Diss Town 2 - 0 Brigg Town (FA Vase 2nd Rnd)

A highly polished performance from the Diss Town players saw their team earn a 2 - 0 win over Brigg Town at Brewers Green Lane.

Young centre-back Elliot Greene had a chance to score from the penalty spot for The Tangerines in the 6th minute, but missed the attempt. Diss' Josh Clover however made the Diss fans forget the miss by scoring a screamer from the edge of the area shortly after.

Midfielder Alex Brock finally rounded off their victory in the 37th minute with a placed shot from close range. With Brigg staring at defeat, there was controversy as winger Mike McPherson then had a penalty shot turned down.

Things went from bad to worse for Brigg as young centre-back James Rowlands earned himself an early shower for persistent fouling in the 89th minute.

Attendance: 118

Wow....is all I can say. We dominated this game. Possession was all ours and we took shot after shot on their goal. Their keeper deserves the MoM just for keeping the score down to 2-0. He stopped a PK and 4 shots that were basically point blank.

We achieved the FA Vase goal of making it to the 3rd round set by our board anything else will make them happy.

In 4 days we have the Norfolk County Senior Cup against Norwich United at home.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #138
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Norwich Utd (Norfolk County Senior Cup, Home)

Quote:
Diss Town 4 - 1 Norwich United (Norfolk Senior Cup 4th Rnd)

An efficient performance from Diss earned them a 4 - 1 win over Norwich United at Brewers Green Lane.

Goalkeeper Lee Duke was left red-faced in the 17th minute as he managed to put the ball into his own net. Veteran striker Paul Furlong doubled Diss' lead with a diving header from within the six yard box in the 22nd minute.

Robinson scored with an effort from the edge of the area in the 30th minute to extend the lead further. Midfielder Callum Kearns then added to the lead with a powerful effort from the edge of the area in the 36th minute. When Teraud gave away a penalty, Clegg confidently stepped up to score the opportunity.

With Norwich Utd staring at defeat, there was controversy as winger Robert French then had a penalty shot turned down.

Attendance: 128

We went into the match 1-1-1 vs Norwich and I was hesitant to rest some of the starters and it killed me. We lost striker Anthony Robinson due to injury and the news is not good.

Quote:
Gary Lewin has reported that striker Anthony Robinson broke down during the match against Norwich Utd and looks to be suffering from a damaged achilles tendon.

Lewin advises you that unfortunately the only course of action for a damaged achilles tendon is for the player to see a specialist. It is likely that Robinson will be out for between 2 months and 3 months while he is treated.

So the new 15 year old Welsh striker I just signed to the youth squad will probably get the start there as I promote Scott Poole our second best young striker.

I am reeling from the loss of the forward.

Our next match is away in an Eastern Counties Cup match against Walsham-le-Willows and it is in 4 days.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #139
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wrexham-le-Willows (Eastern Counties Cup, Away)

Quote:
Walsham-le-Willows grab deserved win
Walsham-le-Willows 2 - 1 Diss Town (Eastern Counties League Cup 2nd Rnd)

A fine autumn evening at The Walsham Sports Club Ground saw Walsham-le-Willows come out on top against surprisingly lackluster Diss Town.

Enthusiastic striker Andy Rix gave Walsham-le-Willows the lead with a close range effort in the 14th minute. Winger Darren Lindley doubled Walsham-le-Willows' lead with a placed shot in the 47th minute.

Veteran striker Paul Furlong managed to grab the consolation for Diss in the 60th minute with a real poacher's effort.

Attendance: 130

Not much to say here. A game we should have won turned into one where we were outplayed and I know it's because we are tired and worn out. There was nothing we could do about it. It was a fresh legs vs tired legs match.

I let the guys and press know this will allow us to focus more on promotion. Some took it well others not as much. I know it pisses people off to no end to lose, but this was coming.

Speaking of league, due to the nature of a bunch of cup matches we managed to drop to 5th in the table with 28 points while Wimborne took 2nd with 35 points. New Mills still sits at 1st with 38.

Our next match is a league match in 3 days versus Shifnal on their pitch. Shifnal is sitting at 9th right now.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #140
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Shifnal (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Diss steal narrow Shifnal win
Shifnal Town 2 - 3 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against Shifnal Town on a fine autumn afternoon at Phoenix Park.

Striker Clive Moyo Modise gave Diss the lead with a fine header from pointblank range in the 14th minute. Veteran striker Paul Furlong doubled Diss' lead with a screamer from the edge of the area in the 21st minute.

Striker Ricky Chard gave the Shifnal fans a glimmer of hope after 29 minutes with a placed shot. Midfielder Matthew Barnes then equalized for Shifnal in the 44th minute with a powerful close range effort.

Forward Steven Horsey scored what proved to be the winner for the away team in the 63rd minute with a well timed close range finish.

Attendance: 162

For a team that didn't have possession for but 40% of the match we did well to make it count when we had our chances.

With Robinson injured we are having to try variants of the 4-4-2 and the 3-4-3 that gets the best players out on the pitch.

Paul Furlong was our general out on the field and was responsible as an assist man for 2 of the 3 goals plus scoring his own. Funny thing is, he didn't win MoM.

The win moves us up to 4th on the table. Our next match is a league match that is 4 days out against Needham Market at their pitch.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-11-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #141
MacroGuru
Coordinator

December

While we were pretty successful in November we need our December to be even better. Phil Walker dropped the schedule for the month on my desk.

Quote:

1.12.2010 - Needham Market v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
4.12.2010 - English FA Vase Third Round
4.12.2010 - Thetford Under 18s v Diss Under 18s
4.12.2010 - Diss v Alton (FA Vase)
5.12.2010 - English FA Vase Fourth Round Draw
8.12.2010 - Diss v Wimborne (Eastern Counties Premier)
15.12.2010 - Woodbridge v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
18.12.2010 - Diss Under 18s v Walsham-le-Willows Under 18s
18.12.2010 - Diss v Norwich Utd (Eastern Counties Premier)
22.12.2010 - Diss v Bridgnorth (Eastern Counties Premier)
26.12.2010 - Thackley v Diss (Eastern Counties Premier)
29.12.2010 - Diss v Hadleigh (Eastern Counties Premier)

One other noteworthy accomplishment for a player from our squad in November:

Quote:
Higgs claims November
Diss Town's young striker Steve Higgs has wowed the fans at Brewers Green Lane this month with some outstanding performances and has duly won the Eastern Counties Premier Player of the Month.

The young striker has been lethal this month, scoring over a goal a game.

With not much to choose between the top three, Norwich Utd's Damian Jones took second place and Paddy Mumbley of Diss came third.

Look at that, 2 of the top 3 were from our Squad but I am extremely happy for Higgs. The kid has a lot of soccer to play, he is only 16 and I think he is going to move up and will more than likely leave us for greener pastures soon.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:55 AM   #142
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Needham Market (ECP, Away)

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat Needham Market
Needham Market 1 - 2 Diss Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Needham Market on a fine evening at Bloomfields. Two goals from Paul Furlong helped Diss to victory.

The first incident of note was on 59 minutes as Needham Market were denied claims by Daniel Lyth for a penalty. An error from Ross Cobb allowed striker Kevin Towey to score a well executed finish. Diss' equalizer came through Paul Furlong as he seized on Stephen Roberts' mistake to score a powerful close range effort. Things turned sour for Needham Market when young centre-back Craig Elliott earned himself an early shower for ungentlemanly conduct on 78 minutes.

Midfielder Callum Kearns' red card for persistent fouling in the 82nd minute put Diss' position under question. Furlong clinched the winner for the away team in the 90th minute with a powerful effort.

Furlong's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 98

So we started Poole, Higgs and Moyo Modise as our forwards...2 16 year olds out there and it showed a little bit with Poole not having the tenacity initially. It was when I brought Furlong off the bench and he started being a coach on the field and Poole started making moves. I also brought Cobb on to start at keeper to get Bowles some rest.

In fact, Poole picked up both assists on the goals he fed them perfectly to Paul who just rocketed them into the back of the net.

The main complaint with this match was the ref, he was card happy and pulled out 12 yellow cards with two players getting consecutive cards converting to the Red. One from each side.

A good game, a nice win even if we are tired. It still sees us in 4th place only a point behind 2nd.

Our next match is the FA Vase against Alton at home and it is in 3 days.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-11-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #143
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The match versus Alton was postponed due to a Waterlogged pitch at our place. I have been asking the Board to relay it all season and even before and they said no. I hope this helps them understand it has to happen.

The one positive is the rest we get before our next match.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:41 AM   #144
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wimborne (ECP, Home)

I gave the boys a week off of training after the last match to rest up a bit. They are worn out and I need them in a bit better shape for the upcoming game against Wimborne.

Quote:
Diss Town 3 - 1 Wimborne Town (Eastern Counties Premier)

A highly polished performance from the Diss Town players saw their team earn a 3 - 1 win over Wimborne Town at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Scott Poole helped Diss to victory.

Young centre-back Ritchie Phillips gave Wimborne the lead with a close range effort in the 27th minute. Veteran striker Paul Furlong then equalized for Diss in the 52nd minute with a powerful effort.

Young striker Scott Poole put the home team in front in the 84th minute with an effort from the edge of the area. The Diss fans might have been forgiven for thinking that their team would be happy with just the winner but the scoring wasn't over.

Poole completed the scoring for Diss with a well timed close range finish in the 87th minute.

Attendance: 162

We played flat in the first half going in down 1-0, assistant coach Phil Walker and myself asked them where their passion was and low and behold the second half was amazing. We brought in the 16 yr old striker at the 73rd minute to take over for Modise who was struggling and he quickly earned himself the MoM.

Quote:
Poole stellar as Diss score easy victory
A display of attacking soccer saw Scott Poole pick up the man of the match award during Diss' 3 - 1 English Eastern Counties League Premier Division victory over Wimborne this evening.

Poole had the quality to put the Wimborne Town defense to the sword and finished the match with two goals.

The promising youngster has been something of a creative force for Diss so far this season, assisting on two goals for his teammates.

As proven, the rest was definitely needed and we are now 3rd in the table with us only being 2 points behind Norwich United at the 2nd place spot and 3 points behind New Mills which is in 1st place still. Alton is up next in the FA Vase match at home, 6 days from now.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-22-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #145
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alton (FA Vase, Home)

Quote:
Diss miss chance to win
Diss Town 0 - 0 Alton Town (FA Vase 3rd Rnd)

Diss Town fans will have been frustrated by their team's 0 - 0 draw with Alton Town at Brewers Green Lane.

Midfielder Kevin Ward's red card for persistent fouling in the 61st minute put Alton's position under question.

Diss had a number of attempts at goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as they maybe would have liked.

Attendance: 115

We couldn't pull off the win at home with Alton having a guy down for the last 30 minutes of the match. It was rough and we had our chances...with the possession domination we had we should have won. We will play in 3 days at their place for the replay...we can not do it again...we have to win...but we don't deserve it.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 02-24-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #146
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Have to take a slight break as I am working on the laptop for repair.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #147
BYU 14
Coordinator

When you get it going again can you do a mid season stats update?

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #148
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Will do!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #149
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

I have the laptop back...what stats do you want to know so I can compile them and post them tonight when I get to my hotel in CT.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #150
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alton (FA Vase, Away, Replay)

Quote:
Diss edge narrow Alton game
Alton Town 0 - 1 Diss Town (FA Vase 3rd Rnd)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against Alton Town on a fine evening at Bass Sports Ground.

The first incident of note was on 75 minutes as Diss were denied claims by Paddy Mumbley for a penalty. With the game nearing an end, it was Steve Higgs who scored a real poacher's effort to give Diss the lead in the 88th minute.

Higgs' impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Diss were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents

Attendance: 134

Higgs finally broke through his slump and scored the game winning goal that puts us through the next round.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-10-2010 at 04:22 PM.