Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #501
J23
College Benchwarmer

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Apparently, that made me a good target for half of the participants. Catching up on the thread now.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #502
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I have to wonder how the least interesting man in the world survived the day.

Also I have to wonder why we do not have more bears with us. Bears are the most powerful creatures in the world.

I do not know this man you speak of Zinto.

As for myself, I survived because though I'm a a lover, not a fighter, I'm also a fighter, so don’t get any ideas.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #503
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Duke attacks the The Most Interesting Man in the World

Just for being the least interesting, at best. Also, less competition for the ladies.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #504
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Discussion point: Should be declaring in advance who we are interacting/attacking? That seems the most likely way that the unexplained injuries/deaths occurred. But without us stating it in advance it's impossible to know for sure.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #505
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: I don't know for certain but there is a chance that I may have been the target last night. Bring it wolves. I'll turn you into menu item number 12 at the local Chinese Takeout. I'll see you in hell!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #506
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Discussion point: Should be declaring in advance who we are interacting/attacking? That seems the most likely way that the unexplained injuries/deaths occurred. But without us stating it in advance it's impossible to know for sure.

We do not know how much our enemies may know about how those mechanics work. Letting them know who they must compete with for certain interactions could be detrimental. Also, collectively engineering such a reveal could prove difficult, and even one or two not participating could throw it off.

However, there is potential for forcing people into revealing information they may not want to - catching someone in a lie.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #507
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Gotta step out now, back to real world issues. Full day of meetings starting at 11 so will be out until this evening (most likely).
Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #508
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The night is dark and full of terrors, yet we appear unscathed. I will be around more in a few hours, for I must meditate on what has transpired.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #509
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Time to go knocking on Inara's door in serenity. Then I'll knock on kaylee's door once I'm done there. Once you guys figure out what to do next I've got a ship full of hotties that I'll be occupied with.

By the way Jayne didn't like this name being thrown around by mad hatter and the hare. He surely doesn't like to be wrongfully accused of killing that little mousie when it was obviously the ugly blue cookie man that did the dirty work there. I'll try holding Jayne off you two but I can't gaurantee anything.

Last I saw him Jayne was putting together a new weapon he scavenged on the last planet we were on.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #510
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
CF, were you aware that Dormouse had stolen a cookie? Hmm, hmm?

"I protest!" interrupts the Hatter, "The Dormouse only ate scones!"

[I didn't do anything and was told nothing about cookies. Mouse was very weak. *sigh*]
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #511
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, with no one yet fessing up to any village attacks, I will go ahead and let you know that I won the friendship of Samwise Gamgee yesterday. He agreed to protect someone last night. And I feel awful about that, since poor samwise ended up dead.

I had Sam guard Hoopsguy last night. So I think it's a fairly safe bet that the wolves attempted a kill on Hoops last night. For those who choose to believe me that puts Hoops and I in a better light, and sheds some light on what the characters do, and what happened last night.

I think it's very useful for the village to share this information, and am skeptical of the Jackal for suggesting otherwise.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #512
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh actually I think I misread Jackal's post, I thought he was suggesting we not reveal info about the characters after the fact.

I agree that it's probably not useful to reveal who we plan to interact with.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #513
Autumn
Head Coach

So if Chubby is to be believed, Dormouse died randomly from a special ability Cookie Monster has. The ability doesn't seem particularly special, given it just results in a random death, so I don't know what to make of that.

Chubby's explanation of Miss Piggy's death makes okay sense, but it's just odd that he was involved in the death of two characters yesterday.

I also find it extremely odd that the Most Interesting Man in the World could resist the combined attack of 11 characters. How do you explain that, J23? Through sheer hit points or some sort of special ability?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #514
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I also find it extremely odd that the Most Interesting Man in the World could resist the combined attack of 11 characters. How do you explain that, J23? Through sheer hit points or some sort of special ability?

I have(had) a lot of hps, though I'm not sure how the math worked out that I had enough with so many attacking honestly. Perhaps my beard protected me.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #515
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
So if Chubby is to be believed, Dormouse died randomly from a special ability Cookie Monster has. The ability doesn't seem particularly special, given it just results in a random death, so I don't know what to make of that.

Chubby's explanation of Miss Piggy's death makes okay sense, but it's just odd that he was involved in the death of two characters yesterday.

I don't think he really resisted it - he is under 25% health.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #516
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
ahh almost missed this before I headed out the door.

Cookie Monster randomly attacked Dormouse because he stole one of his cookies. This is why the right said Cookie found a dead mouse under his foot. I had no control over that, the way I read his ability was that he got bonus attack against someone if they also stole one of his cookies that day but it appears he randomly attacks someone who took a cookie.

Cookie Monster only has 1 attack too so i'm guessing dormouse only had 1 HP as well.
Ok this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. How would one go about attempting to steal a cookie? What's the motivation there. This whole thing raises Chubby's suspicion level with me a fair amount.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #517
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I have(had) a lot of hps, though I'm not sure how the math worked out that I had enough with so many attacking honestly. Perhaps my beard protected me.

I would suggest that MIMINTW likely had a bunch of hit points to start and that multiple characters only have a fraction of an attack. This combination is what led to his safety.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #518
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Jayne, Zoe and mal standard attack on cookie monster

Cookie monster attacking/ killing characters randomly is a bad thing, obviously. I like cookies. Zoe and Jayne like cookies too. I'm pretty sure the least interesting person in the world does too. Was actually debating on cookie monster and super Grover 2.0. Decided to do the not so super cookie monster for reason stated.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #519
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I would suggest that MIMINTW likely had a bunch of hit points to start and that multiple characters only have a fraction of an attack. This combination is what led to his safety.

I had not thought of the possibility someone might have less than one attack. I was thinknig about a passive power helping him out. perhaps several of the attacks were stopped my his so called "interestingness
"
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #520
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh actually I think I misread Jackal's post, I thought he was suggesting we not reveal info about the characters after the fact.

I agree that it's probably not useful to reveal who we plan to interact with.

Yes, the revealing of information after the fact is crucial. This does paint the both of you in a better light, at least for the meantime. It also gives us a basis for what to expect from the nighttime interactions.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #521
The Jackal
Coordinator

My guess is the wolves will attempt to interact or fight whomever they feel most likely to award a BG or seer ability, though it's not clear cut at all who that might be. You could really make a case for anyone. As information trickles out based on either night interactions or people's abilities things will become clearer. Until then, unless someone jumps in the thread and reveals they've found a bad guy, we pretty much just need to look at how the vote went and/or concern about mechanics such as lots of characters or a replicating character (here's looking at you, goo)
Old 07-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #522
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The Mega Powers made it through an uneventful night.

Quote:
that I won the friendship of Samwise Gamgee yesterday. He agreed to protect someone last night. And I feel awful about that, since poor samwise ended up dead.

I had Sam guard Hoopsguy last night. So I think it's a fairly safe bet that the wolves attempted a kill on Hoops last night. For those who choose to believe me that puts Hoops and I in a better light, and sheds some light on what the characters do, and what happened last night.

I think it is a good idea to share information. Are you sure you know how the Sam mechanic worked?

It is always dangerous to put too much trust in Hoops too early. Is there a possibility that Sam went to protect Hoops, realized he was bad and a battle ensued? I would love to think Hoops is good, but it is a dangerous concept in general.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #523
J23
College Benchwarmer

If I remember correctly, there is definately a nightkill type ability in the game, so I think the odds that Sam blocked that type of ability last night is certainly reasonable.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #524
Autumn
Head Coach

I know that Sam functioned as a bodyguard, and that he guarded Hoops. But no, I do not know how he died, that was specifically said to me. That's why I was asking this morning if anyone did something to Hoops.

That said, a wolf being able to attack someone guarding them seems an odd ability.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #525
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hay guys, gonna be super busy putting my wand in Cho Changs mouth, will try to check in at lunch.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #526
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know that Sam functioned as a bodyguard, and that he guarded Hoops. But no, I do not know how he died, that was specifically said to me. That's why I was asking this morning if anyone did something to Hoops.

That said, a wolf being able to attack someone guarding them seems an odd ability.

I remember atleast a few times where the bodyguard would be killed if he attempted to guard the person doing the nightkill(rather than the original target). Probably is unlikely and I'm probably overthinking this.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #527
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Am I the only one who finds Tyrith's game so far odd. He starts out with the following two posts...

Quote:
I'm guessing, from a balance perspective, that the fact that the multiple characters can be divided and conquered is balanced out by a slightly increased amount of power, in general. I would figure..

Quote:
Just from my own character, it looks like this game is a pretty decent step down from the Marvel games in terms of complexity (thank goodness, those things were an absolute bear to moderate.) ...

Seems to me like a guy who has ran a similar game before and has a pretty good grasp on the rules. Then as the day ran on and discussion picked up he comes out with...

Quote:
I +1 DT's 'I don't know what's going on' post.

Quote:
I'm still confused. And I don't have the energy to get unconfused right now, so I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

Seems like kind of a 180 to me. He also threw his "attack" away with an early random vote on Heavy(that he never moved). Without much to go on I think his play from yesterday needs to be under a spotlight today.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #528
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Macho Man Standard Attacks Admiral Nelson

Hulk Hogan Standard Attacks Admiral Nelson

Miss Elizabeth Standard Attacks Admiral Nelson
Old 07-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #529
Zinto
College Starter

So far now Autumn plus Hoops are in a much more trusted spot then anyone else. Even if you do not believe Autumn voting for his characters today does not make any sense since it is a poor percentage move. So the question I have for everyone is do we finish off the most interesting man in the world or not?
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #530
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

JACK BAUER ATTACKS TMIMITW

Because [i]I[/b] am the most interesting man in the world, damn it!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #531
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

gah...letters got all confuddled. Boo-urns.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #532
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
"Look at that! There's a Zinto playing! I forgot! Hi ZInto!"

I seem to have missed you by the time I have left Mad Hatter and March Hare.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #533
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to be AFK in about 2 hours for the rest of the day, probably until deadline (or really close to it) so I'll have to get an attack in by then.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #534
Tyrith
College Starter

A valid point, dubb, but I was a lot more invested in the Marvel games than I was in this. So confusion is the crossroads between complexity and being willing to work through it, and I'm really just not there right now. The long lead-in time for this game hurt me a lot in terms of being jazzed up for it, unfortunately
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #535
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
My availability today probably isn't going to be great. I'm going to chuck out a random vote today. After the postgame for The Dark Knight, I'm going to go ahead and widen my range for day 1 votes. We have a lot of characters in this game that seem like mostly muscle, so I feel like we'll be okay if we lose one - and I suspect most of them will be fairly hard to kill anyway, especially early.

STANDARD ATTACK MCKERNEY

dubb, you're not the only one. When I was re-reading the thread, I didn't get what he was trying to say in the bolded excerpt above. I didnt really think it was out of the ordinary enough to mention it, but you make a reasonable point about his flip-flop so I wanted to throw that out too.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #536
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
dubb, you're not the only one. When I was re-reading the thread, I didn't get what he was trying to say in the bolded excerpt above. I didnt really think it was out of the ordinary enough to mention it, but you make a reasonable point about his flip-flop so I wanted to throw that out too.

We had a pretty specific discussion in either the The Dark Knight thread or the thread about starting the spectator forum about people getting tired of the D1 votes always being for the same group of people, and I was trying to spread out my range just a little bit beyond the four or five names that would usually pop up in that scenario. That's what I was referring to there.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #537
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

(back in-char...don't want to lose the RP aspect with such a cool mix of chars)

Well done Ser Frog and companions, I am pleased to see Samwise was able to fulfill his protection function. I can state that I tried to woo him to my side as well but was obviously unsuccessful in bringing him to the Lord of Light. I fear hobbits are not of a very spiritual nature.

I have earnestly sought truth in my flames but I fear the visions have not yet taken a discernible shape (OOC: I have some trust for some players, but not a lot of distrust currently). I will beseech R'hllor to grant his priestess clarity.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #538
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We had a pretty specific discussion in either the The Dark Knight thread or the thread about starting the spectator forum about people getting tired of the D1 votes always being for the same group of people, and I was trying to spread out my range just a little bit beyond the four or five names that would usually pop up in that scenario. That's what I was referring to there.

Ok, thats fair. I didn't recall that chat, which if I had might've helped me...
Old 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #539
Tyrith
College Starter

As for today, it makes me a little sad to just off J23 here, but it's probably the right play in a vacuum just to help figure out D1 somewhat. Beyond that, I don't have much to go off of other than what Autumn has said. To me it seems like either Autumn and hoops are both good or both bad, but Autumn has tied them together pretty thoroughly now.

The Autumn is bad but hoops is good play, where the wolves don't take a N1 kill to try to psuedo clear Autumn, seems pretty loose to me, although not as much as normal considering it doesn't seem like we have a normal seer or BG mechanic. Autumn being good and hoops being bad would involve some third party being the blocker for last night, and that seems unlikely.

This leads me to think the percentage play today would be to take a hack at someone in the group that whittled down on Autumn's Muppet squad, but I want to see what you guys think first.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #540
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure what a good percentage vote is. I don't really have any reason to think those that attacked me are any worse or better than anybody else.

I would really like those who beat or interacted with the other characters to come forward. Unless you gained some ability you have yet to use, we only gain from hearing about it now.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #541
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure what a good percentage vote is. I don't really have any reason to think those that attacked me are any worse or better than anybody else.

I would really like those who beat or interacted with the other characters to come forward. Unless you gained some ability you have yet to use, we only gain from hearing about it now.

I interacted with Captain Kirk and didn't get so much as a PM back. So I would assume that someone won his help/defeated him or else I probably would have heard something back.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #542
Zinto
College Starter

I am banging my head on who I want/should vote for today. I am debating on one of the more quiet people or the most interesting man in the world but for now I am going to vote TMIMITW and see what happens from there.

Dwight does his standard attack against TMIMITW
Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #543
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
The Autumn is bad but hoops is good play, where the wolves don't take a N1 kill to try to psuedo clear Autumn, seems pretty loose to me, although not as much as normal considering it doesn't seem like we have a normal seer or BG mechanic. Autumn being good and hoops being bad would involve some third party being the blocker for last night, and that seems unlikely.

The only thing I would disagree on this is that in the Vegas and Lone Wolf games seer scans had to be achieved in a unique game mechanic manor so that the person scanned was always more cleared then the person who performed the scan. I look at this the same way and while it is unlikely that it happened it is not something to dismiss outright.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #544
Zinto
College Starter

I come from a long line of fighters. My maternal grandfather was the toughest guy I ever knew. World War Two veteran killed twenty men and spent the rest of the war in an Allied prison camp. My father battled blood pressure and obesity all his life. Different kind of fight. Just remember this when you try an attack on Schrute farms.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #545
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I have received a vision from the Lord of Light but I am uncertain how to interpret it.* As the flames rose, I saw the ashes take form of a dying man, laying on all fours, rising above the vast fire.* The flames made rivulets in the ashes as if they were blood streaming from the cuts of half-a-hundred wounds.* Yet this man of ash found the strength remaining to pour something forth from his hands into the heavy flames below.* Whatever he poured, it made nary a dent in the fire and soon thereafter, the ashes scattered and the image was gone from sight.
Would you guess the ashes and dying man are meant to be The Most Interesting Man?* Certainly he would seem to be the closest thing to a dying man as he sustained heavy injuries yesterday.* Perhaps it speaks to his inability to accomplish much with his actions yesterday?* The futility of man trying to fight the flames?* I am uncertain.* R'hllor sends what messages he will in his way and it is up to his fallible*minions to interpret them.*
(OOC: Don't read into this too much, I'm not a seer trying to be cryptic here.* Just having some fun with my red priestess. ).
Old 07-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #546
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

March Hare hops forward to kermit, "So what's your secret? Hmmm? Mint leaves? Sage? Parsley? Rosemary? Thyme?"

"No thyme?!" shouts the Mad hatter, "Here have mine!" and hands Kermit an oversized watch.

"The hobbit didn't like our tea leaves."
"And herbs."
"and fruits"
"and herbs"
"and pastries"
"and herbs"
"AND HERBS!" shouts the hare, "He wouldn't come for tea with us."
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #547
J23
College Benchwarmer

So is the goal to kill me off today? That's certainly the direction we're heading. I don't really think killing off people as the village at this point is helpful, though I'm definately in a biased position.

When I come up villager, does it help us at all?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #548
The Jackal
Coordinator

It would give us a piece of information to base further votes upon, yes.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #549
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
As for today, it makes me a little sad to just off J23 here, but it's probably the right play in a vacuum just to help figure out D1 somewhat.

I'm curious how you think it clears up D1. If I'm a good guy, what does it tell you. If I was a wolf, what does it tell you?

I think it'd be better to spread around the damage where possible to keep more players involved in the game since we have a higher percentage of people in the game than the wolves. In a typical werewolf game, this isn't the case, but it seems like there is an awful lot of special power potential here which could make it worthwhile to keep people alive.

Even if I get offed tonight, I think it's the wrong direction to be taking.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #550
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't think spreading around the damage helps us. It just means we get nothing from the vote history and are weakening a large group of people.

That said, I don't think voting you, J23, is a great move, just because you got votes yesterday. Lots of people voted you, and they voted you ostensibly because you weren't around. You being bad or good won't tell us much.

However that said being said, I don't have a candidate right at this moment. I'm off to class, and will be voting later tonight.