Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-04-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

FBCB: Interactive Dynasty

OK guys, I was cleaning up my room earlier today when I found the paperwork from the first dynasty I had started, and I'm ready to try again. I'm taking the first 6 applications, then I'll take 3 a season from then on. If I get more than that, some of you may go on the waiting list. You can have as many players in this as you want, but only one at a time. I will take all your information and then change the highest rated recruit at the position you choose, of the state you choose. So we could have some 2 and 3 star recruits as well. This to me will spice it up a bit and make it more fun. So enter your information as follows:

Name:
Height/Weight:
Position:
Hometown:
High School:

Then I'll do everything else. Hope to see some activity again.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 09-04-2006 at 04:13 PM.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Re: FBCB: Interactive Dynasty

Here is my recruit

Mike Schaplowsky
6'5'', 216 pounds
SF
Wichita West High School
Wichita, KS

And darn the luck, there's nothing better than a 3 star recruit in Kansas, so it looks like I'll be a 3 star SF.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 09-04-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Name: Maddox Winslow
Height/Weight: 6'4, 185 lbs
Position: PG
Hometown: Claremont, NH
High School: Stevens High School
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Name: Riley Navraj
Height/Weight: 6'5 190lb
Position: SG
Hometown: Naperville, IL
High School: Neuqua Valley High School
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

Ok, let's spicy it up being a foreign recruit from Spain

Name: Ivan Carrillo
Height/Weight: 6'9" / 245 Pounds
Position: PF
Hometown: Foreign
High School: Foreign

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well, we're going to have a problem with this, I may have to create a new league. As of now, all you recruits would be one stars, cause there is nothing higher for your position and your state.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well, the new league is a little better. All of us except Icy would be 3 star recruits. Icy, there's not much for Spain, so you'd be a one star. lol
Old 09-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #8
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Well, the new league is a little better. All of us except Icy would be 3 star recruits. Icy, there's not much for Spain, so you'd be a one star. lol

LOL ok, anyway let's see where do i end and how do i perform.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

OK, I'm changing it up a little bit. I will change the recruits and they will now be from the region of the state you select, at the position you select.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

OK, so far this is what I got. Mike Schaplowsky and Riley Navraj are both 4 star players, Maddox Winslow is a 3 star, and Icy, your guy Ivan Carrillo is a 2star player. Remember guys, after these players either graduate or go to the NBA, you will be eligble to create another player and hopefully get better ratings. It is completely random, and I'm basing it on a recruit from the region your state is in at the position you want to be.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:35 PM   #11
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Fine by me, looking forward to the read!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well, I'm looking for more recruits, so if you guys know somebody, have them hop on board. I need 2 more to get started with the first season.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:24 PM   #13
Groundhog
Coordinator

Name: Angus Haynes
Height/Weight: 6'1/180lbs
Hometown: Australia
Old 09-04-2006, 07:11 PM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

Name: Tim Moungey
Height/Weight: 5'10/170 lbs
Hometown: Racine, WI
High School: Racine Park High

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #15
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Good, we've got our 6 to start. I'll be accepting 3 recruits a year from now on, so people, keep em coming. I'll get this thing jumping after Monday Night RAW is over. Can't wait to get started!
Old 09-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #16
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

OK folks, it's time to get this baby rollin

Recruiting Preview:

August 2003

SG Riley Navraj (6'5'', 190, Neuqua Valley High School, Naperville, IL) ranked #14 nationally
Top 5 Schools: Syracuse, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Florida, Illinois
Scouting Report: Definitely a three point shooter, with a 90 rating in that department. Unfortunately, he doesn't bring much else to the table except for his shooting ability. Not very much potential in other places. Averaging 16.8 ppg and shooting 28.4% from the three point line. Free throw shooting is definitely a weakness, only a 52% free throw shooter in high school.

PG Tim Moungey (5'10'', 170, Racine Park High School, Racine, WI) #19
Top 5 Schools: Kansas, Cincinnati, Michigan St., Duke, Illinois
Scouting Report: A surprise from three point land, shooting 36.5% from behind the arc. Not expected to be a dangerous three point shooter in college, also needs work on free throws. An average passer, has a turnover to assist ratio of just over 2, definitely needs to work on that.

SF Mike Schaplowsky (6'7'', 221, Wichita West High School, Wichita, KS) #31
Top 5 Schools: Duke, Cincinnati, Arizona, Maryland, Kansas
Scouting Report: A terrific rebounder for his position, pulling down about 8 rebounds a game. Not going to be much of a scorer in high school, and please don't let him shoot behind the arc. His 3P rating is a dismal 28, and he doesn't look to be getting better. Only 8.3% in high school from three point land. Good hands, solid defender, picking up 3 steals a game. Still, not the type of 4 star player you'd expect, probably should be a 3 star.

SG Angus Haynes (6'1'', 180, Sydney, Australia) #75 ovarall, #2 foreign
Top 5 Schools: Kansas, Arizona, Duke, Illinois, Maryland
Scouting Report: Also a deadly three point shooter, with great college potential. Very, very solid on the defensive end, with a steal rating of 57. Expect him to be defending the top scorer every game he plays in. Not going to look for him to be a rebounding force, he's a defender and a three point shooter, and that's it.

PG Maddox Winslow (6'4'', 185, Stevens High School, Claremont, NH) #92
Top 5 Schools: Miami, South Carolina, Kansas, Maryland, Richmond
Scouting Report: An average player is what he is. Doesn't really excel at anything, but isn't exactly terrible at anything either. Would expect more of him as a PG though. A 1.52 assist to turnover ratio must improve in college. Look for him to possibly redshirt his freshman year and get a chance to develop. Could be a surprise on the boards, however, as he's averaging 5 rebounds a game. Pretty solid for a PG

PF Ivan Carrillo (6'9'', 245, Barcelona, Spain) #25 Foreign
Top 5 Schools: Eastern Illinois, Cal St. Northridge, Long Beach St., Drexel, Nebraska
Scouting Report: Definitely no more than a 2 star player. Will not, I repeat, will not shoot a three pointer. Has not attempt one yet in high school. Average scorer though, can be dangerous if you get him inside. Decent rebounder, but needs to work a little harder. Definitely won't see him on a roster of a high prestige team, but could work well for a mid-major.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #17
larrymcg421
Head Coach

For Next season,

Name: Larry McGillicuddy
Position: SF
H/W: 6'6", 220lbs.
Palm Bay High School
Melbourne, FL

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #18
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

September 2003

SG Riley Navraj- Some interesting news here, as Florida and Illinois have slipped out of Rileys top 5, and Minnesota and Creighton have jumped over everybody to become the front runners! Still no scholarship offers though.

PG Tim Moungey- Cincinnati and Kansas have switched places in the top 5 from last month, but the other 3 are completely different. Maryland, Miami, and Oklahoma are now in the mix, but no offers yet.

SF Mike Schaplowsky- Cincinnati appears to be the top choice for Mike at this point, but Duke is a very close second. Maryland and Kansas are gone, and Arkansas and Iowa are in the top 5. No offers yet.

SG Angus Haynes- The top 5 for Angus has not changed a bit, and no offers yet.

PG Maddox Winslow- The top choice for Maddox last month was Miami. This month, the Hurricanes aren't even in the top 5. South Carolina has taken over the top spot, and George Mason has apparently made a huge pitch, because they are #2. Also in the mix now are Delaware, UMass, and Penn St. My guess... Maddox hasn't a clue where he wants to go.

PF Ivan Carrillo- No changes this month for Ivan.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:02 PM   #19
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Good to see you Mr. McGillicuddy. I was hoping to see some familiar faces back, along with some new ones. I'm not going to try and take on too much this time though. There won't be 8 new recruits a season, just a couple.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #20
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

October 2003

SG Riley Navraj- Oklahoma has jumped up to #1, and they have offered Riley a scholarship. Minnesota and Creighton are still lurking though, as they've also offered scholarships. Syracuse and Oklahoma St. are still in the mix, but falling fast.

PG Tim Moungey- Cincinnati still seems to be the front runner for Tim. 4 schools have offered him a scholarship: Cincinnati, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Iowa St. The Cyclones weren't even in the mix last month.

SF Mike Schaplowsky- Mike has a lot to think about, as every school in his top 5 has offered him a scholarship: Cincinnati, Duke, Iowa, Arizona, and Oklahoma.

SG Angus Haynes- Still no changes for Angus, and surprisingly no scholarship offers from his top 5. He may have to change his course a little bit.

PG Maddox Winslow- The top 5 hasn't changed from last month, however, South Carolina, George Mason, and Delaware have thrown out scholarship offers.

PF Ivan Carrillo- One change for Ivan, as Nebraska has slipped out of the top 5, while Duquesne has moved to #1. The other 4 just slipped down a notch. No scholarship offers though.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #21
Groundhog
Coordinator

Tends to be the case for the foreign recruits. I expect interest to rise following the first round of signings.

*crosses fingers and hopes for Kansas*
Old 09-04-2006, 11:24 PM   #22
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

November 2003

SG Riley Navraj (IL)

It didn't take long for Riley to decide that Norman, Oklahoma was the place for him to be, as he committed to the Sooners earlier today. "Oklahoma made the best pitches, and coach Melchor promised me instant playing time. The Sooners have been an NCAA tournament team every year for the past few years, and I felt they were the best fit for me." Good luck to him.

PG Tim Moungey (WI)

Tim had his mind made up a couple months ago, and he made it official today.. Cincinnati has acquired his services for hopefully the next 4 years. "The Bearcats don't have a true PG that can fill a lot of minutes, and I figured I would jump right into the mix there. Also, the Big East is the best conference in the NCAA. My mind has been made up for quite sometime."

SF Mike Schaplowsky (KS)

The Bearcats have definitely got a talented lineup coming to Cincinnati next year, as shortly after Tim Moungey committed, so did Mike Schaplowsky. "Hey, me and Tim will make a good team. He can dish the ball, and I can be there for the offensive rebounds. Together we'll take this team back to the Final Four." Let's hope so Mike, let's hope so.

SG Angus Haynes

It appears that Angus has taken a different course, as Richmond is now his #1. Still though, no scholarship offers. One has to wonder if Angus will even play college basketball next year.

PG Maddox Winslow

Maddox has yet to make up his mind, and nothing has really changed much. South Carolina, George Mason, and Delaware are still the only offers for Maddox. Word has it that George Mason may end up being the choice however.

PF Ivan Carrillo

Ivan has also seen no change in his recruiting status. No scholarship offers, top 5 remains the same.

So our three 4 star recruits have committed, and Maddox Winslow at 3 stars can't be far behind. But what does the future hold for our 2 foreign players?
Old 09-04-2006, 11:32 PM   #23
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

December 2003

SG Angus Haynes

While Angus still doesn't have any scholarship offers, he's apparently given up on his dreams of going to a big time school. Now his top 5 looks as follows: Richmond, Troy St., Clemson, Hofstra, and Houston. I would expect Angus to have a couple offers next month.

PG Maddox Winslow

Not a thing has changed for Maddox, as he still can't decide between South Carolina, George Mason, and Delaware. The Gamecocks are still number one however.

PF Ivan Carrillo

Nothing new here, no offers, no change in the top 5.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:43 PM   #24
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

January 2004

SG Angus Haynes

Even more changes for Angus, as New Mexico St. and Miami-Ohio have climbed to the top 2. Arizona is back in the top 5 as well. But still, no offers.

PG Maddox Winslow (NH)

"It was a tough choice, but I finally decided to commit to South Carolina." So after months of deliberation between three schools, Maddox decided on the SEC school. "George Mason and Delaware both would have been good schools to attend, but I wanted to go to a school that was more on the national level. South Carolina has had their struggles, but they used to be a top team in the SEC."

PF Ivan Carrillo

Duquense is still #1 on Ivan's list, and Nebraska has jumped up to #2. 3 new schools appear however, as Vermont, Loyola-Chicago, and McNeese St. are now in the mix. It seems that Ivan is having as much trouble deciding on a top 5 as Angus is.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #25
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

February 2004

SG Angus Haynes

Even more changes for Angus, as he just can't seem to decide on a team. The top 5 now has Hofstra and UMKC at the top. Miami-Ohio, Duke, and Illinois round it out, but still no offers.

PF Ivan Carrillo

Ivan is having the same problems as Angus is: no offers. Duquesne is still the top team, but Lafayette, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, and Marshall are now in the running as well.

March 2004

SG Angus Haynes

Low and behold, Angus finally got an offer.. from Hofstra. Georgia State has stepped up their game in an effort to get Angus, as have Marquette, George Washington, and Oklahoma.

PF Ivan Carrillo

Duquesne had shown the most interest in Ivan, and it paid off, as he committed to them today. "Duquesne was the only school that seemed serious about wanting me, and the only school that offered me a scholarship. The whole time, they were in the running, and they sold me on the program." So that just leaves Angus to commit, but I bet he'll be with Hofstra very soon.

April 2004

SG Angus Haynes

As expected, Angus committed to Hofstra today. "Hofstra is one of the better schools in the Colonial Athletic Conference, and they offered me a full scholarship. That is something I didn't see from anybody else.

So the recruiting for the first 6 is complete.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 AM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

Whoohoo!

It's time to revive the Bearcat tradition, Mike!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 AM   #27
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Yep yep, for sure. It's gonna be fun. You better be hittin our big men inside though, cause I'll be grabbin the boards. haha.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:24 AM   #28
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hofstra eh, not a bad choice. Lower-tier school, and with my top-75 ranking that should equate to courttime and maybe the chance to not red-shirt my first year.

Go the Pride!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:01 AM   #29
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2003-2004 Season Wrap-Up

How our recruits teams fared

Cincinnati (Mike Schaplowsky and Tim Moungey)

The Bearcats had a very dissapointing year last year, finishing 20-14, and losing in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. With 2 top 100 recruits coming in, Cincinnati is expected to be in the running for the Big East Championship.

South Carolina (Maddox Winslow)

South Carolina had an absolutely pathetic year last year, going just 1-15 in the SEC. Overall, they finished 13-19. Maddox is walking into a team that he might not even be able to help.

Oklahoma (Riley Navraj)

The Sooners didn't have the greatest of year, but they did manage to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Overall, they finished 21-14, with a 9-7 record in the Big Twelve.

Hofstra (Angus Haynes)

The Pride actually had a pretty decent year last year, up until the time they were snubbed for an NIT berth. With a 19-12 record overall, you'd have thought they would have snuck into the NIT,but apparently not. Maybe Angus will be the deciding factor in a postseason berth this season.

Duquesne (Ivan Carrillo)

Duquesne is bad, and I do mean bad. 7-21 last season, 4-12 in the Atlantic Ten, an RPI of 204, and their final ranking was 207. Does Ivan really know what he's getting into?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 AM   #30
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2004-2005 season preview

Preseason Tournaments

Hofstra (Angus Haynes) gets some respect, as they are given the #8 seed in the 2004 Coaches Invitational.

South Carolina (Maddox Winslow) will be the #8 seed in the Great Alaska Shootout. I'm expecting them to be in the 7th place game.

Oklahoma (Riley Navraj) gets the #3 seed in the 2004 Maui Shootout. I see no reason why they can't finish at least 3rd.

Cincinnati (Mike Schaplowsky and Tim Moungey) will be playing in the 2004 Rainbow Invitational as the #1 seed. This should be their tournament to win.

Duquesne (Ivan Carrillo) will not be playing in a preseason tournament. No surprise there.

OK folks, this is as far as I can go on this until I get a couple more recruits to throw into the pool for next season.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #31
Icy
Pro Starter

Awesome read, let's see if i can help Duquesne to at least have a .500 season.

Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #32
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Alright, somebody throw a recruit into the mix so I can get this first season going. I got a lot better response the first time I did this. lol
Old 09-05-2006, 06:41 PM   #33
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Hopefully with such a pathetic season last year the Gamecocks will not red-shirt me and I'll get some PT.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #34
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well, since it's obvious that this isn't going to have as much interest as the first one I did, if you guys want to throw some more recruits out there, we'll make a list and get em in. I'm only gonna do a couple per season though. But as long as you 6 or 7 guys can think of recruits, we'll use em.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #35
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Sure i'll throw out another.

Name: Alex Hawk
Height/Weight: 6'10 275 lbs
Position: C
Hometown: Lexington, MA
High School: Lexington High School

Last edited by Sublime 2 : 09-05-2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #36
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Thanks, I'll add one too, and with Larry McGillicuddy, that'll give us 3 recruits for this upcoming season. That way I can edit them, give the scouting report on them, and get down to business on how the first set of recruits are doing. If you guys know of anybody else that would be interested, bring em in. Otherwise, it'll just be the few of us.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #37
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
B.B. Gunn
6'2", 190 lbs
Hometown: Birmingham, AL
High School: Huffman High School

Hopefully it's not too late to get in.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:35 PM   #38
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Yep, I'll add you, that'll give us 4 recruits for this season. I probably won't take any next season, maybe 1 or 2, because keeping tabs on 10-12 players is about all I want to do.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #39
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2004 Recruiting Class
August 2004

PF Korleone Young (6'7'', 239, Hargrave Military Academy, Chatham, VA) #21 overall
Top 5 schools: Arizona, Stanford, Maryland, Oklahoma St., Kentucky
Scouting Report: Solid, solid defender, with good ratings for both steal and block. Not as good a rebounder as you would expect, only averaging about 5 a game for Hargrave Military Academy. Lives with the inside game: you got the ball inside to him, he'll score 9 times out of 10. Gotta make it a perfect pass though, cause he doesn't have good hands.

PG B.B. Gunn (6'2'', 190, Huffman High School, Birmingham, AL) #43
Top 5 schools: Kentucky, Florida, Miami, Duke, Ohio St.
Scouting Report: This man is a true point guard, he knows how to pass the ball. He's got a 64 pass rating, and averages 6.6 assists a game, compared to only 1.9 turnovers. That's an outstanding 3.57 assist/turnover ratio. Exactly what you want from a point guard. He's a real leader out there, whoever picks him up will have a point guard for the future.

SF Larry McGillicuddy (6'6'', 220, Palm Bay High School, Melbourne, FL) #81
Top 5 schools: Duke, Florida, Wake Forest, Kentucky, Stetson
Scouting Report: Solid defender, and looks to have great potential for both steals and blocks. Good three point shooter, but doesn't have much to bring to the table other than that. Can get a key rebound every now and then, but not known for his passing abilities, or inside game. I don't think the first 4on his list will give him much PT, but he's too good of a player for the likes of Stetson.

C Alex Hawk (6'10'', 275, Lexington High School, Lexington, MA) #89
Top 5 schools: Maryland, Virginia, Pittsburgh, George Washington, Providence
Scouting Report: Definitely a force inside, and a lot of potential on inside shooting. Average rebounder, but plays good defense. Doesn't block too many shots, but with his height and big body, he definitely changes things inside. Needs to learn to take care of the ball though, as he averages 3 turnovers a game.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #40
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

September 2004

PF Korleone Young

Oklahoma St. is now the front runner for Korleone, and Creighton has jumped into the mix as well. St. Johns is now a candidate, and Florida and Kentucky are still around.

PG B.B. Gunn

B.B. looks like he wants to take his game to Tulsa, as they have jumped on the list with a vengance. Miami has moved up a spot, and Kentucky down a couple. Florida and Ohio St. round out the top 5.

SF Larry McGillicuddy

It looks as if the bigger schools have decided not to go after Larry, because there is a totally new top 5 for Larry: Wyoming, South Florida, Nebraska, South Carolina, Richmond.

C Alex Hawk

Some changes for Alex as well, as George Washington leads the way of top choices for Alex. Maryland, Virginia, and Providence are out of the top 5, while Penn St., Marshall, and Temple jump in.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #41
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

October 2004

PF Korleone Young

The top 5 hasn't changed, and all but 1 have offered Korleone a scholarship. Florida is the only one that hasn't, but Oklahoma St., St. Johns, Creighton, and Kentucky have.

PG B.B. Gunn

Tulsa and Miami have offered B.B. a scholarship, and Ohio St. has jumped into the #3 spot on B.B.'s top 5. Alabama is in as well, and Kentucky keeps falling out of contention.

SF Larry McGillicuddy

Manhattan is the surprise now, as they just entered Larry's top 5 thanks to a scholarship offer. Also throwing out scholarship offers are Nebraska and Richmond.

C Alex Hawk

Alex will probably be headed somewhere in the Atlantic Ten, as Temple and George Washington are the top 2, and they've both offered scholarships. Princeton has really taken a liking to Alex, and they've offered a scholarship as well. And Pittsburgh decided to get their offer in too.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:19 PM   #42
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

November 2004

PF Korleone Young

Mr. Young has made his choice, and he'll be going back close to home in Stillwater to play for the Oklahoma St. Cowboys. "I used to live in Wichita, KS, and going to Stillwater is only about 2 hours from there, so I can go back and see my family. Plus Oklahoma St. is a great school with a lot of basketball tradition. I hope I can help them as much as possible."

PG B.B. Gunn

B.B. has also decided to go play his college ball in Oklahoma, as he'll be going to Tulsa. "Tulsa is a great fit for me because they run a lot of motion offense, and motion offense is what I like to run. It enables me to find the open man. I think we'll get along real well."

SF Larry McGillicuddy

While Manhattan made an offer that was almost too good to refuse, Larry did refuse it, and he'll also be playing his ball in the Great Plains, as he is headed to Nebraska. "I may have been kidding myself a little bit, thinking I was good enough to play for the likes of Arizona and Kentucky. I think I'll see a lot more playing time at Nebraska."

C Alex Hawk

Alex will round out the signings, as he'll be headed to Temple. "Temple always likes the big centers, so it's a perfect fit for me. They'll allow me to play a good, physical inside game, and that's exactly what I like."

So all 4 recruits have decided on schools, and now it's time to see where our 6 recruits from last year are on their respective teams depth charts.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #43
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

As we kick off the 2004-2005 season, I'll let you guys know what your futures hold as far as playing time.

SF Mike Schaplowsky (Cincinnati)- 4th off the bench. Ouch, but the Bearcats do have a strong SF ahead of me that will see probably 30 minutes a game.

PG Tim Moungey (Cincinnati)- Tim will be the starting PG for the Bearcats, but he will be splitting a lot of PT with 2 other point guards. Look for Tim to get about 15 minutes a game.

PF Ivan Carrillo (Duquesne)- Bad news for Ivan, as he is not projected to see any playing time this season. I don't know why Duquesne didn't redshirt him, but they didn't.

SG Angus Haynes (Hofstra)- Angus will be the starting SG for Hofstra, and he will probably see about 20 minutes a game his freshman year.

SG Riley Navraj (Oklahoma)- Riley is going to see a lot of playing time this year. He'll start at SG for the Sooners, and with the only other true SG on the roster starting at SF, Riley will be playing a lot of minutes.

PG Maddox Winslow (South Carolina)- Maddox is going to start for South Carolina, and he's going to play a lot. His PT is listed at 10, so I would not expect him to be taking too many breathers this season.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #44
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

November 8-14, 2004

Hofstra will be the only team playing this week, since the only thing going on is the Coaches Invitational.

Nov. 8- Hofstra- 80, UNLV- 71 -- So the Pride advance to the second round of the Coaches Invitational, and Angus Haynes contributed 6 points, 2 rebounds, and 2 assists in 26 minutes.

Nov. 10- #2 Arizona- 77, Hofstra- 76 -- A heck of an effort from the Pride, but they fell just short. Haynes had a stellar game, with 13 points on 4-6 shooting, including 3-4 from three point land.

Guys, just to let you know, I won't do a game by game report. That takes up way too much time and energy. What I will do is go week by week, and pick out the key games and performances, such as an upset, or when one of our recruits has an outstanding game, wins the player of the game, breaks a record, or something like that. Also, another key game will be when it involves 2 ranked teams, with at least 1 of our recruits playing for one of the teams. Hope that makes sense. After that is done, I'll go through and give a short report on how every recruit and their team did for any game they played that week. Hope you guys enjoy.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #45
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Another note to add, I will individualize all preseason, midseason, and conference and postseason tournament games. I think that is only fair so that everybody gets a good look at their player.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #46
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Awesome so far! Nice to see i didn't get red-shirted and am starting!
Old 09-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #47
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Good job so far! But... Tulsa? The Golden Hurricane? What was I thinking? I like my player... that's what I would be if I were a PG in real life.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:42 AM   #48
law90026
College Benchwarmer

One more:

Name: Dayne Ho
Height/Weight: 6'4 200 lbs
Hometown: Foreign
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #49
ntndeacon