Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NBA2k7 - Philadelphia Sixers

Well, as Todd appropriately characterized it, I'm starting another Down and Dirty style dynasty. Although, I'm hoping to eventually get the reel center and be able to put my highlights of this dynasty online, and possible link them into this thread.

Anyway, I'm taking over the Sixers. My owner has the "Fan" personality and he wants me to improve the team.

Currently, we are rated 74 overall, 70 on offense, and 78 on defense.

The Team Salary is 72.86 Million and we are 9.43 million in the red.

Before I got the game, my plan was to trade Allen Iverson as the Sixers was close to doing this in real life, and I think he is at or past his peak trade value and we aren't going to win the title in the next year or two, and he will probably start declining in 2 to 3 years. My plan was to trade him for Tracy McGrady and throw in either a role player or 2nd round pick if I had to do so. Actually, I just tried the trade, and the AI will do it straight up.

However, in my one exhibition game, Iverson was practically unstoppable and he really set up Korver for a large number of assists.

So, I'm opening this up to potential readers to get their feedback. Should I trade Iverson for McGrady? Also, what do you all think I should have to throw in with Iverson to make it a fair deal? Right now Iverson is a 94 rated player, but he is 31 years old. McGrady is rated 91 and he is only 27.

Oh yeah, the downside to the trade is that I be hurting for a natural PG. I could play McGrady at the point as he has a good handle and decent passing, but he is not as good as those areas as Iverson. Alternatively, I could start Louis Williams our young prospect at PG, but he is raw. If I did this, Korver would be relegated to the bench with McGrady starting at SF alongside Andre Iguodala at SG.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:12 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

I could see a case being made for the straight up being fair, if the new team needs a bona fide point guard.

And pardon any incoherence. Dealing with a lot of school crap tonight has me garbled and not right-thinking.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
CraigSca
Pro Starter

In the next exhibition, play Louis Williams at the point to see if he's a viable option.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tough choice, and I don't pretend to know THAT much about the NBA.. but I think I would do the trade - although Iverson has given his all to that franchise.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-27-2006 at 12:07 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #5
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Trade him.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

If you're looking at it from a strictly NBA2k7 perspective it seems like a pretty decent trade straight up. Just ot be safe I'd probably add a draft pick on your side as well.

I'm really looking forward to the read. I'm tempted to get the 360 for this game alone (the others don't seem to interest me all that much.) But for now I'm holding off for the Wii.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
In the next exhibition, play Louis Williams at the point to see if he's a viable option.

I've already played him a bit there, and he is barely acceptable, but many think he has a ton of potential. He is only 20. He could grow into a very good player. Right now he is only rated 65. I'd have Kevin Ollie backing him up and playing a fair bit.

I'm going to start my season, play one pre-season game where Louis will get plenty of PT, and then pull the trigger if Louis doesn't play too badly. I'm going to add my 2nd round pick to the trade to make it a bit more fair, IMO.

One upside of the trade is that while he is a defensive liability Korver is money from the outside. He could be a huge scorer off the bench, particularly if he is matched up against 2nd string SF's. However, he definitely has trouble creating his own shot and was benefitting from Iverson driving and kicking it to him for open shots.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My first Email from the owner:

I love this team more than anything! I've offered you the job as GM because I believe you have what it takes to do great things. Get out there and prove me right!

First thing I do is review the staff:

Our Head Coach is Maurice Cheeks. He is young and is viewed as a good defensive minded coach who is a master at teaching young players. He is under contract for 1 more year at 1.5 million. I'll definitely keep him for this year, and may extend his deal somewhere during the season.

Our Main Assistant is Randy Myers. He is a good defensive minded coach who is a good teacher. He is making 500k for 1 more year, and I'll keep him on board as well as Maurice likes him as his primary assistant.

Jeff Graham is the head of scouting. He is considered a good scout. He is under contract for 2 more years at 750k, and I have no plans to make a change here at this time. His scouting staff is under funded, but I don't have the funds to hire any more scouts at this time.

R. Reed is our head trainer. He is considered average at his job. He is under contract for 2 more years at 300k, and I'll keep him for at least this year.

The Pre-Season is over, and I've got to make my decision (the game starts at the beginning of the regular season in the 1st year.) Do I deal Iverson? If I do, do I pick up Raul Lopez as insurance in case Louis Williams fails (assuming I can Raul to sign?)
Old 09-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I decide to pull the trigger:

Iverson and my 2nd round pick for McGrady. The Rockets are happy to add AI's skills to their team and pull the trigger.

Unfortunately, Raul Lopez is insulted by our min salary offer and is refusing to negotiate with the team. We'll live or die with Louis Williams and Kevin Ollie at the point or if they fail, I'll talk to the coach about playing McGrady at the point.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our Season Opener is hosting the Atlanta Hawks. Should be a very winnable game as our team ratings are much better:

76ers: Offense 67, Defense 74, Overall 71.

Hawks: Offense 51, Defense 50, Overall 50.

Our Starting 5:

PG Louis Williams 6'2" 175
SG Andre Iguodala 6'6" 207
SF Tracy McGrady 6'8" 210
PF Chris Webber 6'10" 245
C Samuel Dalembert 6'11" 250

Hawks Starting 5:

PG Speedy Claxton 5'11 170
SG Joe Johnson 6'8 235
SF Joe Smith 6'9 225 (oops Josh, not Joe.)
PF Scott Williams 6'9 258 (oops Shelden, not Scott)
C Zaza Pachulia 6'11 240

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-27-2006 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A few notes:

I'm playing on All-Star level (due to fast breaks being nearly impossible for me on Super Star. I've only adjusted shooting sliders for both teams down 2 notches, except for the FT shooting. I've also knocked fouls up 1 notch across the board.

Also, I generally play the C on defense as I love trying to swat shots and get good rebounds.

At the end of 1, we are up 22-18 thanks to some great plays by McGrady. We've also had 3 fast break baskets on the slower hawks, all baskets in which Louis Williams leaked out for a long pass reception and layup.

At the end of 1, McGrady has 10 points, 1 board, and 2 assists. Williams has 5 points and 2 assists. Webber has 5 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists. He's still worthless except for his passing as he is shooting 2 of 6 to score his 5 points..

Kevin Ollie is coming in to to give Williams a break, as is Willie Green to spell Andre. Finally Steven Hunter is coming in at C.

With 6 minutes left, I sit McGrady. Dangerous move as he has been the key to our offense tonight, but he is getting tired. I bring back in Williams and Andre. Korver will hopefully get some open looks at SF now..

Our bench is playing better than most of their bench guys, and the starters like S. Williams are getting tired. We just got our 3rd foul on S. Williams thanks to a nice up and under by Shavlik Randolph, our backup PF.

Thanks to an 18-5 run that was partially done with McGrady on the bench, we are up 44-31 at the half.

Once Joe Johnson went out, they couldn't do anything. We are shooting 52% against the horrible Hawks defense while they are shooting 42%.

McGrady is 6 of 9 for 15 points, 5 assists (mostly on double teams) and 3 boards.

Steven Hunter is 4 of 4 for 8 points, almost all on McGrady assists.

Joe Johnson is their main offensive weapon. He is 6 of 15 for 12 points.

We go back to our starting lineup to start the 3rd quarter.

Down 16 midway through the 3rd is causing them to press more, trap more, and take more changes in the lane. It's causing us to make some turnovers, but is also leading to some easy baskets.

By my count, we have 6 fast break baskets midway through the 3rd. Much better than superstar. All of the speeds of players seem more realistic to me..

Meanwhile, the Hawks just had their 2nd Fast Break Basket (they have also blown 1 earlier.) My guys are getting tired, and they just blew by me.

Thanks to a run powered by Joe Johnson, they pull within 10 at the end of the 3rd. 63-53, we lead.

With McGrady sitting during the first 4 minutes of the 4th they pull it to 69-65.

Time to get our star back in there.

I thought maybe the game was too easy on All-Star, but the Hawks have tied it 69-69 behind 32 from Joe Johnson, but he is now exhausted...

We never should have let Johnson get hot. He and Childress are keeping them neck and neck with us. We take a 86-85 lead on a fadeaway jumper by McGrady with 4.6 seconds left..

Claxton fakes Louis Williams out of his shorts and nails a 3. 88-86 with 0.8 seconds left!

We use a timeout to advance it to Midcourt (glad they finally got that right in this game..)

McGrady catches the shot, turns around and clanks it off the side of the rim.

Game over. 88-86 win for the Hawks. They shot 52%. We shot 50%.

We shot it 76 times. They shot it 67 times.

We were 6 of 16 from the FT line. They were 10 of 12.

We were 2 of 10 from behind the arc. They were 6 of 20.

We had 26 assists. They had 24.

We had 8 turnovers. They had 13.

We outrebounded them 37-35.

We each had 2 blocks.

We had 55 points in the paint. They had 28.

We had 18 fask break points. They had 8.

Joe Johnson was the player of the game with 32 points and 9 assists. He ended up with 15 of 25 shooting.

Josh Smith (not Joe) had 22 points, 7 boards, and 3 assists on 10 of 17 shooting.

Josh Childress had 11 points on 5 of 7 shooting.

Claxton had 10 points on 4 of 10 shooting.

Shelden (not Scott) Williams had 1 point and 9 boards. He was 0 of 4 from the field.

Pachulia was 2 of 2 for 8 points (4 of 6 from the line.)

McGrady led us with 27 points, 9 assists, 4 boards, and a steal. He had 2 turnovers. He was 12 of 19.

Iguodala was 5 of 11 for 10 points. He also had 4 boards, 3 steals, and 2 assists.

Korver had 10 points in limited action with 4 of 8 shooting (2 of 5 behind the arc.)

Hunter had 10 points on 5 of 8 shooting.

Louis Williams had 9 points and 5 assists as well as a steal. Most of his points were on the fast break. He was 4 of 10.

Webber had 8 points, 12 boards, and 4 assists on 3 of 11 shooting.

Dalembert had 2 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks on 1 of 2 shooting.

The most fouls any of my guys had was McGrady with 3. They didn't drive very much at all.

Overall, I think All-Star played a pretty good game, but I might eventually knock shooting sliders down a touch more.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Several people on OS and other sites have recommended that all shooting sliders around 42 is good for All-Star level to get realistic shooting percentages. I'm going to try that whenever I get to play my next game (which might not be until tomorrow night.)
Old 09-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok. I'm simming half of my games to get through the 82 game schedule in a decent amount of time. Supposedly, the sim engine has been re-written for this version in which the game actually simulates each possession and doesn't just compare team ratings, but individual ratings. Anyway, I will sim every other game, and won't pick and choose.

Our next game is against the Magic on the road. They play tough defense and win a 76-68 defensive battle.

Jameer Nelson led them with 17 points and 6 assists on 6 of 14 shooting.

Redick was their leading scorer with 11 points. Dwight Howard had 10 points and 20 boards for them.

McGrady was our leading scorer with 20 points on 6 of 19 shooting. He also had 4 boards and 3 assists.

Iguodala was second with 11 points on 4 of 11 shooting and he had 10 boards.

Webber had 7 points and 11 boards.

Louis Willimas had 8 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists.

Dalembert had 9 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks.

Korver was hardly used, I'm going to have to see if I can get coach to do something about that.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Next up is the Heat at Home. They should be a very tough battle. They lost their 1st game to Chicago and just beat NJ 103-97.

Their offense is rated 87 while their defense is rated 99 for an overall of 93.

Meanwhile, we are rated 68 on offense now and 74 on defense for an overall of 71.

It would be a huge upset for us to win.

Note: I'm using new sliders with 44 for all shooting success except for FT.

I've also turned fouls up to 60 across the board.

My Starting 5 is the same as last game.

Their starting 5:

Jason Williams 6'1"

Dwyane Wade 6'4"

Walker 6'9" (I'm expecting McGrady to abuse him)

Haslem 6'9"

Shaq 7'1"
Old 09-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dalembert gets Shaq in early foul trouble at the 9 minute mark! 2 fouls early and he sits for Alonzo.

At the 7 minute mark, Jason Williams with a charge and he is in early foul trouble. Gary Payton in.

We've been double teaming Wade all game, and 3 minutes left in the 1st, he picks up an offensive foul to give him a total of 2, and he sits.

At the end of 1, we are up 20-8. Both teams are shooting badly except for completely uncontested shots, and even some of them aren't falling. Perhaps, I turned down shooting sliders a bit too much?

Miami's starters return in the 2nd while I give Iguodala a rest, slide McGrady to SG and bring in Korver as well as my backup PF, Randolph, and my C Hunter.

Shaq has played very well, but Wade hasn't done much this game. 40-26 lead for us at the half.

They are shooting 27%. We are shooting 41%.

McGrady has been great. He has 10 points on 4 of 11 shooting, but he has 7 assists as he is generating open looks for everyone (particularly Dalembert.)

Dalembert is working Shaq and Mourning with 8 points and 9 boards.

Haslem is their most productive player on the court with 11 points and 11 boards.

Shaq has been hitting Posey with open looks for 3's when we double team him.

Wade absolutely torches me for the first 8 minutes of the 3rd period until I manage to draw his 4th foul with a strong play by Iguodala. He sits for Gansey.

Still, he helped bring them within 10. 54-44.

At the end of 3, we are up 56-48.

I sit McGrady for the first time today.

Wade scores 8 straight points and makes it 56-56. I'm going to get McGrady back in very soon.

Iguodala with a nasty dunk gets our crowd back on our side.

With 5:52 left, McGrady draws his 5th foul on Wade!

A minute later McGrady gets his 10th asisst of the night on a drive and kick for a 3 by Korver.

With 1:09 left, McGrady gets Wade on a blocking call and Wade fouls out! We are up 68-64.

With 12 seconds left, Antoine Walker goes for a 2 instead of a 3 down by 3. However, he misses it anyway and we get the rebound. Webber only hits 1 of 2 FT's to put us up 70-66.

Williams misses a last second 3.

We shot 35% for the game. They shot 33%. I think I will go back up a bit (right in between at 46) for all shooting sliders for the next 10 games and then evaluate them from there.

McGrady was the player of the game. He had 22 points on 9 of 23 shooting. He also had 11 assists, 5 boards, 2 steals, and a block.

Iguodala chipped in with 16 points, 3 boards, 1 steal on 6 of 16 shooting.

Dalembert finished with 9 points, 11 boards, and 1 block.

Korver had 9 points on 4 of 10 shooting (1 of 1 from behind the arc.)

Shavlik Randolh had 6 points.

Chris Webber had 3 points, 12 boards, and 3 assists on 1 of 8 shooting.

Steven Hunter had 4 points, 7 boards, and 3 big blocks!

It was a very sloppy game as McGrady had 4 turnovers, Korver had 3, Iguodala had 3, Dalembert had 3, and Williams had 1.

Speaking of Louis Williams, he had 2 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists, but played good defense on White Chocolate.

Haslem led them with 20 points and 16 boards. He shot 9 of 12 from the field (almost all up close or wide open shots)

Wade had 19 points and 3 assists.

O'Neal had 10 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks, and 3 assists.

Posey had 9 points (all on 3's) all from Shaq kick outs.

Mourning had 0 points but 9 boards.

We go up to 1-2 now.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

During our simulated game, we beat the Pacers 107-93.

Jermaine O'Neal led them with 21 points and 5 boards.

Webber exploded for us with 37 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists on 16 of 26 shooting!

McGrady had 18 points and Louis Williams had 13 points and 4 assists.

Korver got a bit more PT and had 5 points.

Our next game is the 2nd part of a back and back on the road. This time at Toronto.

News: The Spurs' Robert Horry suffered a torn ACL and he is out for about 10 months.

Preview:

The Raptors have a 76 offense rating while their defense rating is 59. Overall they are rated 71.

We are using the same starting 5.

They are starting:

PG T.J. Ford 6'0" 165

SG Anthony Parker 6'6" 215

SF Morris Peterson 6'7" 215

PF Chris Bosh 6'10" 210

C Rasho Nesterobic 7'0" 248
Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the end of 1, we are up 23-16. Strong play by McGrady so far.

McGrady with 2 late 3's to help us pull into a 12 point lead at the half. 52-40.

We are shooting 56% at the half, but the Raptor's defense is bad. With the same sliders, the Raptors are shooting 40% as our defense is doing well.

At the half, McGrady has 18 points on 53% shooting.

Iguodala has 11 points on 4 of 8 shooting.

Great shooting by Bosh and Mo Peterson get them into the game a bit. 72-64 at the end of 3.

Meanwhile, McGrady rested most of the 3rd, but still has 25 points.

Darn, I rested TMac for 8 minutes in the 3rd and it was way too long. He was cold in the 4th, and he they managed to get an 84-82 lead. McGrady missed a 3 with 2 seconds left and they won 84-82.

Chris Bosh was the player of the game with 14 points and 19 boards.

We shot 46.4% (33 of 71) while they shot 41.7% (33 of 79.)

We were 4 of 12 from behind the arc. They were 3 of 11.

We made 12 of 14 FT's. They made 15 of 20.

We had 19 assists. They had 27.

We had 12 turnovers. They had 9.

We had 40 rebounds. They had 45.

We had 0 blocks. They had 2.

We each had 6 fast break points.

Mo Peterson was their leading scorer with 19 points on 6 of 19 shooting. He also had 8 assists, 4 boards, and 7 of 7 FT's.

Bosh had 14 points, 19 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 6 of 17 and was 2 of 4 from the line.

Parker had 13 points on 5 of 9 shooting.

Ford had 12 points on 6 of 10 shooting. He also had 7 assists.

Fred Jones had 10 points on 4 of 10 shooting (2 of 3 behind the arc.)

Bargnani came off the bench and had 5 points on 2 of 2 shooting. He also had a board.

McGrady led us with 27 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists. He had 10 of 20 shooting. He was 3 of 5 behind the arc.

Iguodala had 15 points on 6 of 15 shooting. He also had 3 boards.

Korver finished with 10 on 4 of 12 shooting (0 of 4 behind the arc.)

Williams had 8 points on 3 of 5 shooting. He also had 4 boards and 3 assists.

Webber had 8 points, 8 boards, and 4 assists.

Dalembert had 8 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists.

Randolph had 6 points and 6 boards.

We fall to 2-3 record now.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:49 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tough loss.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In our simulated game, we lose 102-100 to the Nuggets to fall to 2-4. The Nuggets are 3-1.

McGrady led us with 24 points. Webber had 17. Iguodala had 16.

Louis Williams had 11 assists in the game!

Carmelo led them with 26 points on 10 of 19 shooting. He also had 6 boards and 2 assists.

Earl Boykins had 21 points for them along with 7 assists.

Smith add 17 points.

At least we have quite a few days off to practice before our next game which is at the Sonics. They are 5-2 currently. Lots of practice the next few days with a focus on shooting and ball handling.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Tough loss.

Yeah, I'm learning the hard way not to sit my hot shooters for too long. On the plus side, I'm glad All-Star is giving me a good challenge. Hopefully, it will for a long time. Also, it's one game, but I think these sliders might be perfect. I'm going to stick with them for the next 10 games before making any changes to see what I really think of them.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to our hard practices, our offense is currently rated 79 while our defense is still rated 73 for an overall of 76.

The Sonics offense is rated 87 while their defense is rated 67. Overall, they are rated 81.

We are using our same starting 5.

The Sonics (who are now 6-2) are starting:

PG Luke Ridnour 6'2" 175

SG Ray Allen 6'5" 205

SF Rashard Lewis 6'10" 215

PG Nick Collison 6'10" 215

C Chris Wilcox 6'10 229" (Dalembert should be able to move him)
Old 09-29-2006, 11:15 PM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

8 minutes into the game, Collison gets Dalembert with his 2nd foul. I bring in Hunter a bit earlier than I wanted. However, we are up 15-10 thanks to 11 early points from McGrady!

With 2 minutes left in the 1st, we get Ray Allen into foul trouble. He had torched us for 10 points already, so this is a big bonus for us.

We are up 23-21 at the end of 1, despite a great 1st quarter from McGrady.

At halftime, we lead 49-40 behind 28 by McGrady!

63-58 at the end of 3. They double teamed McGrady the whole 3rd period, and he couldn't split the double team with the pass.

I rested McGrady for a few minutes to start the 4th and then he came back recharged. I'm playing him at the point late in the 4th and using Korver for offense at SF. It worked this game.

We won 88-79.

We shot 44%. They shot 43.2%.

We were 1 of 12 from behind the arc.

They were 8 of 20 from behind the arc.

We hit 5 of 7 FT's. They hit 7 of 15 FT's.

We had 32 assists. They had 27.

We had 9 turnovers. They had 17.

We had 49 rebounds. They had 43.

We each had 1 block.

We had 16 Fast Break Points. They had 6.

Ray Allen was their leading scorer with 24 points. He was also the leading assist man with 7.

Luke Ridnour had 15 points and 6 assists but also 4 turnovers.

Rashard Lewis had 14 points and 6 assists as well.

McGrady was the player of the game with 37 points, 7 boards, and 7 assists. He also had 2 steals and 4 turnovers. He hit 16 of 24 including 1 of 3 from behind the arc. He also hit 4 of 4 FT's. He played 42 minutes.

Iguodala had 13 points on 6 of 13 shooting. He also had 4 rebounds, 6 assists, and 5 steals.

Korver had 12 points and 5 assists.

Webber had 10 points and 11 boards on 4 of 6 shooting.

Dalembert had 6 points (all on put backs) and 13 boards. He had 5 offensive boards. He also blocked a shot.

Louis Williams had 2 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists on 1 of 6 shooting in 27 minutes.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:21 PM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In our simulated game, we beat the 5-2 Suns 91-87.

Stoudemire led them with 21 points and 8 boards.

Nash had 18 points and 12 assists.

Bell had 16 points and 6 boards.

Webber led the team with 24 points and 14 boards on 8 of 22 shooting.

McGrady had 19 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists. He was limited by foul trouble and finished with 5. He only played 31 minutes. He shot 6 of 20.

Louis Williams had 14 points, 9 boards, and 4 assists in 42 minutes.

Dalembert had 9 points, 10 boards, and 4 blocks.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 18th,

Today we play at the Clippers as part of a back and back. The Clippers are the better rated team as they are rated 77 for offense, 81 for defense, and 79 overall. The effects of our earlier practice have worn off and we are rated 69 in offense and 73 in defense, for an overall of 71. We are also fatigued with the older veterans such as Webber more noticably fatigued heading into the game..

We are still using the same starting 5.

Their starting 5:

Pg Sam Cassell 6'3" 185

SG Cuttino Mobley 6'4" 215

SF Corey Maggete 6'6" 228

PF Elton Brand 6'8" 265 (A big mismatch against Webber in talent)

C Chris Kaman 7'0" 268
Old 09-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #25
Izulde
Head Coach

How is Iverson doing in the early going after the trade? McGrady's been amazing for you thus far I know.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minutes into the game Iguodala draws a second foul on Brand! Thomas comes in for Brand.

Korver hits a 3 at the buzzer to make it 25-24 our lead at the end of 1.

McGrady has been most of our offense, but he is now tired.

Brand has been killing me for the first 8 minutes of the 2nd. He isn't just scoring, but drawing double teams and then finding open men who find other open men. Finally, with 4 minutes left in the half, Dalembert draws a 3rd foul on him. They are up 44-33 at this point.

I took a huge risk and it backfired. Dalembert picks up his 4th foul with 30 seconds left in the half.

Korver can't hit this buzzer beater and we are down 52-38 at the half. Cassell hit a few big 3's. Maggete has been scoring well as has Mobley.

McGrady has 19 at the half.

Cassell has 13 at the half on 4 of 7 shooting.

Thomas off the bench has 9 points on 4 of 5 shooting (mostly against Webber.)

Webber is short on his shots and it is killing us.

Also, Kaman is killing us on the offensive boards.

They are on a 18-5 run and just pulling away.

Thanks in part to Dalembert we have a surge late in the 3rd, but he picks up his 5th foul and has to sit.

Once he leaves, they get another surge, and we are down 77-56 at the end of 3.

Korver is pissing me off by missing a few wide open shots.

Korver misses a few more and I put Rodney Carney in for him. My first time really using Carney this year.

Carney immediately hits an open 16 footer.

A minute later Carney has a monster jam on the break!

With them maintaining a 15 point lead with 4 minutes left and with McGrady exhausted, I decide to rest him for the rest of the game.

With 1:30 left in the game, Dalembert fouls out.

Carney with a nice move to create his own shot.

2 plays later Carney with a charge.

Carney hits a 3!

Sure, we lose by 21. 109-88, but I think the rookie has earned a chance for a bit more PT.

We lose 109-88.

They shot 39%. We shot 46%.

They had 93 attempts (lots of put backs)

We had 76 attempts.

We were 2 of 7 behind the arc. They were 3 of 14.

We hit 16 of 23 FT's. They hit 32 of 35 FT's!

We each had 23 assists.

They outrebounded us 48-37 (20 offensive boards for them!)

We had 8 steals. They had 12.

We had 9 blocks! They had 2.

We had 10 fast break points. They had 4.

We had 10 second chance points. They had 20.

They had VERY balanced scoring: Cassell with 17, Brand with 17, Maggette with 17, Mobley with 15, and Kaman with 10. Thomas also had 15 off the bench.

Kaman had 14 boards (9 offensive), Maggette had 9 boards, Thomas had 9, and Brand had 9.

Mobley led them with 6 assists. Maggette had 5.

Their starting 5 each had 2 steals.

McGrady led us with 26 points on 11 of 18 shooting. He also had 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 turnovers.

Hunter and Randolph each had 10 points.

Korver and Carney each had 9. Korver shot 4 of 15. Carney shot 4 of 6 off the bench.

Webbed had 6 points on 2 of 9 shooting.

Iguodala only had 1 shot attempt (what was I thinking?) and only had 2 points.

Williams had 2 points on 0 of 4 shooting.

McGrady and Iguodala each had 5 assists.

Webber and Hunter led the team with 7 boards each.

Hunter had 4 blocks. Dalembert 2 and McGrady 2. Randolph also had a block.

McGrady was the only player with over 30 minutes that game (32.)

We fall to 4-5. Now, I see why my coach is using Carney more than Korver in games I don't play. I think Carney is better despite being a rookie.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:29 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
How is Iverson doing in the early going after the trade? McGrady's been amazing for you thus far I know.

Good question. The Rockets are 1st in the league (along with the Cavs and Spurs) with a 7-3 record. The Rockets are averaging 93.0 ppg with 91.1 ppg against them. They are shooting 46.5% from the field (5th best.) They are shooting 42.9% from behind the arc (3rd best.)

Iverson is 5th best in the league in scoring at 26.9 ppg. He is also averaging 6.0 apg and 1.9 spg. He is shooting an insane 56% from the field early in the season. Even more insane, he is shooting 57% (11 of 19) from behind the arc. He is playing 37 minutes per game.

McGrady on the season is averaging 24.4 ppg, 5.3 rpg, and 5.8 apg. He also is averaging 1.2 spg and 0.8 bpg. He is shooting 47.7% overall and 33.3% (9 of 27) from behind the arc. He is also averaging 37 mpg.

Meanwhile, Yao Ming is not doing as well as he did last year. His scoring average early in the year has dropped to 16.9 (from 22 last year). He RPG has dropped to 7.9 (from 10.2) and his BPG has dropped to 1.0 (from 1.6.) Yet, the Rockets are winning.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 18, 2006 -

The Wizards traded SF Caron Butlet (83) to the Raptors for T.J. Ford (81.) Doesn't make much sense from the Wizards perspective with Arenas already playing the point unless they plan on playing them along side each other..

November 21, 2006 -

Today the simulated game is hosting the 6-5 Detroit Pistons.

They beat us 78-63 with suffocating defense.

McGrady was our leading scorer with 14 points on 5 of 21 shooting. He also led the team with 6 assists.

Webber had 13 points and 11 boards

Iguodala had 7 points on 3 of 9 shooting.

Louis Williams had 2 points and 3 assists in 40 minutes.

Dalembert had 5 points and 11 boards on 2 of 8 shooting.

Korver actually played more this game and had 5 points in 11 minutes.

Hamilton led them with 28 points on 9 of 23 shooting.

Wallace had 17 points and 9 boards for them.

Mohammed had 6 points, 14 boards, and 3 blocks which led the team.

We fall to 4-6.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:51 PM   #29
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 22, 2006 -

Today we travel to play the Bucks in a tough 2nd portion of a back to back game.

The Bucks are 4-7. Their offense is 70, defense 76, and overall 72. Thanks to practice earlier in the week, our offense is 76, defense is 73, and overall is 74. Of course, the price for that hard practice is that our guys should be more fatigued.

Their starting 5:

PG Maurice Williams 6'1" 185

SG Michael Redd 6'6" 215

SF Bobby Simmons 6'6" 235

PF Charlie Villanueva 6'11" 240

C Andrew Bogut 7'0" 245

Should be a good matchup.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:33 PM   #30
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Midway through the 1st, I finally pull off my first alley oop. McGrady and Iguodala running down the court with only 1 defender back. The defender challenged McGrady early and he threw a great alley oop that Iguodala slammed home hard!

24-24 at the end of the 1st quarter. Simmons has 12 points for them. McGrady has 10 for us.

Most of my guys are very tired from the back and back including McGrady. I put Carney in for him.

Carney hits his 1st shot!

I just saw one of my most amazing blocks. McGrady missed a 3, and they had a fast break going, but the PG tried to lay it up, and McGrady came from behind swatted it off the backboard and one of my guys got it and started a fast break the other way!

They are killing us with the 3 ball and much better rebounding. 53-39 at the half.

McGrady has 14 points at the half. He is shooting 43% so far.

Charlie Bell has 10 points on 4 of 7 shooting, and he has been a big bench contributor this game.

67-60 Bucks lead at the end of 3.

We close the gap during the first 8 minutes of the 4th. However, in the last 4 minutes they go on a 18-4 run.

They win 101-82.

They shot 42%. We shot 41%.

They were 5 of 18 behind the arc. We were 2 of 11 from behind the arc.

They outrebounded us 57-40 which enabled them to get 89 attempts to our 79. They had 25 offensive boards.

We had 2 blocks. They had 1.

We had 6 fast break points. They had 12.

We were 14 of 18 from the line. They were 20 of 27 from the line.

Charlie Bell was their leading scorer with 22 points off the bench. He did it on 6 of 13 shooting and 9 of 13 from the FT line as he abused Korver, Carney, and whoever else I threw at him.

Bobby Simmons had 16 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists on 7 of 12 shooting.

Redd had 14 points on 6 of 13 shooting.

Steve Blake had 11 points and 6 assists as we kept their starting PG in foul trouble most of the night.

Bogut and Gadzuric killed us on the boards.

McGrady had 26 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists on 11 of 26 shooting. Healso had 1 steal and 1 spectacular block.

Carney had 15 points, 3 boards, and 2 assists on 6 of 11 shooting off the bench

Iguodala had 10 points on 3 of 9 shooting.

Dalembert had 10 points and 8 boards on 5 of 10 shooting. He also had a block.

Webber had 8 points, 9 boards, and 4 assists on 4 of 5 shooting.

Williams had 4 points and 5 assists on 2 of 7 shooting.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In our simulated game, we beat the Bulls 85-80 at home.

McGrady was the player of the game as he had 31 points on 11 of 31 shooting. He also had 11 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Willie Green had 15 points off the bench on 5 of 12 shooitng.

Iguodala had 14 points on 5 of 10 shooting. He also had 10 boards and 2 steals.

Louis Williams had 9 points, 8 boards, and 6 assists on 4 of 10 shooting.

Dalembert had 8 points, 14 boards, and 3 blocks on 4 of 8 shooting.

Webber was in severe foul trouble and only played 15 minutes before fouling out. He had 0 points, 2 boards, and an assist.

Carney only played 7 minutes and didn't have any stats.

For the Bulls, Gordon led them with 22 points.

Hinrich led them with 8 assists.

Wallace had 13 boards for them and a block as well as 8 points.

Gordon led them with 3 steals.

Nocioni had 9 points and 9 boards.

We are now 5-7.

In other news, Eddie Jones of the Grizzlies broke his wrist and will miss about a month.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

November 25, 2006 -

Today we travel to play the Cavs in the 2nd day of a back and back. Should be a tough game, as the Cavs are rated 79 in offense, 80 in defense, and 79 overall. Of course, stopping LeBron will be tough I think. I plan on double teaming him early if he starts going off on us.

PG Daniel Gibson 6'2" 190

SG Larry Hughes 6'5" 184

SF Lebron James 6'8" 240

PF Donyell Marshall 6'9" 230

C Ilgauskas 7'3" 260
Old 09-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #33
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

I'm trying so hard not to purchase the 360 based on this game alone.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 09-30-2006, 11:31 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minutes into the game, McGrady has an absolutely insane looking behind the back no look pass to set up Williams for an easy layup.

19-18 at the end of 1. We lead. Some sloppy turnovers by both teams.

Lebron has been great, but we are hanging in there. We are down 46-40 at the half.

Lebron has 16 points and 3 assists at the half.

Iguodala has 14 points as he is working over Hughes.

Dalembert has 6 points and 3 boards at the half.

It's 68-61 Cavs at the end of 3. LeBron has 26 points.

With 3:10 left, we tie it at 80 with a McGrady dunk!

McGrady loses his dribble with 1:30 left and that allows them to pull ahead by 3 as they get a fast break slam. 85-82.

A big block by the big Z ends our hopes of a win as they pull ahead by 5 with 12 seconds left on the free throws.

Korver misses a 3 and that seals the deal.

They win 92-85.

We shot 45%. They shot 40%. I'm getting killed on the boards and am starting to wonder if I might need to tweak rebounding sliders a bit. We are giving up a lot of offensive boards to teams that don't necessarily have great offensive rebounders.

Lebron had 30 points, 8 boards, and 3 assists (and 4 Turnovers.) He shot 11 of 21.

Daniel Gibson had 19 points and 5 assists on 6 of 18 shooting.

Ilgauskas had 10 points and 13 boards along with 2 blocks. He had 5 offensive boards.

Anderson Varejao had 6 points and 18 boards (5 offensive.)

McGrady had 31 points, 2 boards, and 5 assists. He also had 2 steals and 1 block, and 3 turnovers. He shot 14 of 28.

Iguodala had 20 points on 7 of 13 shooting. He also had 5 assists and 6 steals. He had 5 turnovers.

Carney had 13 points and a board. He shot 4 of 6.

Korver had 7 points on 2 of 7 shooting.

Dalembert had 6 points and 11 boards.

Webber had 4 points and 10 boards.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #35
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Looking at the O-Rebounding rating, Ilgauskas is a 91. Varejao is an 87. So, it's not that bad, but my guys are good defensive rebounders. I might slightly boost defensive rebounding for the human.

November 27, 2006 -

In our simulated game, we travel to play the Heat. They are now 9-4. They beat us 106-89.

Shaq had 30 points, 11 boards, and 2 blocks on 12 of 24 shooting.

Wade had 28 points, 8 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 12 of 25.

Jason Williams was the 3rd leading scorer with 10 points on 4 of 12 shooting. He also had 11 assists.

Iguodala was our leading scorer with 21 points on 9 of 12 shooting. He also had 7 boards, 4 assists, and 4 steals.

McGrady had 20 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists. He shot 10 of 26.

Webber had 17 points, 9 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 6 of 18.

I'm sending my scout out to look at Manuel Garcia, a 6'10 279 pound PF from Mexico as a potential draft target next year if we end up in the lottery.

It's the end of November. Here is a look at some stat leaders:

PPG:

1. Kobe - 33.2

2. Wade - 29.8

3. Vince Carter - 27.8

4. LeBron - 26.5

5. Ray Allen - 26.4

6. Arenas - 26.1

7. Pierce - 24.9

8. Rashard Lewis - 24.6

9. McGrady - 24.4

10. Iverson - 24.1

RPG:

1. Garnett - 12.5

2. Dwight Howard - 11.9

3. Chris Bosh - 10.3

4. Ben Wallace - 9.2

5. Shawn Marion - 9.1

6. Webber - 9.0

7. Chris Wilcox - 9.0

8. Okafor - 9.0

9. Mohammed - 8.9

10. Josh Hoard - 8.9

APG:

1. Chauncey Billups - 10.1

2. Brevin Knight - 9.7

3. Chris Paul - 9.6

4. Arenas - 9.5

5. Luke Ridnour - 9.1

6. Nash - 9.0

7. Hinrich - 8.9

8. Andre Miller - 8.8

9. Baron Davis - 8.8

10. Jameer Nelson - 8.6

Steals Per Game:

1. Iguodala - 2.6

2. Marion - 2.4

3. Arenas - 2.3

4. Artest - 2.2

5. Garnett - 2.1

BPG:

1. Mourning - 2.5
2. Frye - 2.2
3. Shaq - 2.2
4. Okafor - 2.1
5. Dwight Howard - 2.1
Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 AM   #36
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
I'm trying so hard not to purchase the 360 based on this game alone.

Ditto, I think I'll try to PS2 version.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Ditto, I think I'll try to PS2 version.

Not that I'm trying to sway you into a purchase you don't want to make, but most things I've read state that the PS2 and Xbox version are similar to last year's version.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, this should be interesting. Playing while a little tipsy and fairly tired, but I really want to play one game..

December 2, 2006 -

We travel to play the 6-9 Nets. They are only slightly better rated with offense of 73, defense of 78, and overall of 78.

PG Jason Kidd 6'4 212, a huge mismatch in the Nets favor.

SG Vince Carter 6'6 225, another mismatch in the Nets favor.

SF Richard Jefferson 6'7 222. McGrady needs to come up big again.

PF Cliff Robinson 6'10 240. A mismatch in our favor, theoretically.

C Nenad Krstic 7'0" 240. Should be a good matchup.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the end of 1, we are down 21-18. McGrady already has 4 assists.

Halftime: 43-42, they lead.

McGrady has 15 points and 5 assists at the half.

Carter is leading them with 13 points.

Kidd has 6 points and 5 assists at the half.

Despite resting McGrady during a few minutes of the 3rd, we are tied 69-69.

We are tied 78-78 with 4:30 left and McGrady is fresh, but he just starts going ice cold. He missed multiple shots, he throws balls away, and he throws the game away. Also, at the same time, Kidd gets insanely hot and nails muiltiple 3's. They go on a 18-4 run before we get some baskets at the end.

We lose 96-86.

We shot 48% from the floor. They shot 47%.

We were 4 of 11 from behind the arc. They were 4 of 13.

We had 18 turnovers. They only had 9.

We had 39 boards. They had 36 (5 on the offensive glass.)

We have 0 blocks. They had 2.

We had 2 fast break points. They had 20!

Kidd was the player of the game. 23 points, 10 boards, and 7 assists. He shot 8 of 14 from the field.

Vince scores 19 on 7 of 12 shooting.

Jefferson scores 15 on 7 of 17 shooting.

McGrady has 23 points, 6 boards, 9 assists, 1 steal, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 16 from the floor.

Iguodala had 19 points on 7 of 11 shooting.

Carney had 10 points on 4 of 11 shooting (1 of 6 behind the arc.)

Korver had 6 points thanks to 2 of 3 from behind the arc.

Webber had 8 points and 13 boards.

Dalembert had 6 points and 5 boards.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:55 PM   #40
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Are you controlling all the players on your team on offense?

I know on defense you mention your controlling the center position only.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
Are you controlling all the players on your team on offense?

I know on defense you mention your controlling the center position only.

I primarily control the C on defense but not always. I'm not using player lock, and I am controlling all of the players.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next simulated game is hosting the Wolves. They beat us 99-85 to drop us to 5-11.

McGrady put up 31 on 12 of 29 shooitng and Iguodala had 26 on 10 of 17 shooting. McGrady also had 8 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals and 7 blocks in the simulated game!

Unfortunately, Kevin Garnett had 28 points, Mike James added 20 with 8 assists, Ricky Davis had 20, and Rashad McCants had 14 more.

Our chemistry is dropping and we need to get some wins going. I'm also telling my scouts to focus more on guys who might go earlier in the draft..

Our next game is 3 days later at the Bulls. They have a 70 rating on offense and a 99 rating on defense, for an overall of 88. After practice we are 76/74/75. Should be a tough matchup for us.

They are 7-10.

Their starting 5:

PG Hinrich 6'4" 190

SG Gordon 6'2" 200 (Big size mismatch in favor of Iguodala)

SF Nocioni 6'7" 225

PF Brown 6'11" 239

C Ben Wallace 6'9" 240
Old 10-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #43
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Go Bulls

Old 10-04-2006, 03:55 PM   #44
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

So what are your slider settings? 46 for close shooting, 47 for midrange, and 48 for 3-pointers? 52 for the fatigue, right? Any other changes? I'm using these settings, and everything's going well. I'm just checking to see if there's maybe anything else I could do.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #45
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just looking in during the game since my wife made me pause it to talk to a friend of hers.

Yes, I'm using 46 for dunking, close shooting, 47 for midrange, 48 for 3 pointers. I'm also using 45 for dunk in traffic. I'm using 52 for fatigue. All of those sliders are the same for both teams, but I'm also using 52 ONLY for the human's defensive rebounding to give my team just a slight boost to account for my horrible apparent timing. I might decrease that back to 50, if I start dominating the boards too much.

Oh yeah, midway through the 3rd, I have a 20 point lead. I'm laying off Ben Wallace and double teaming their shooters

Oh yeah, I also have all fouls at 60. If I drive with McGrady, Iguodala, and Carney, I sometimes get opponents in serious foul trouble, and likewise great drivers get my team in trouble. However, jump shooting teams still don't draw too many fouls.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-04-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:57 PM   #46
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing off Ben Wallace, and it's helping my defense. We are up 14-6 midway through the 1st.

Iguodala just misses a pass on the break for no reason, and it bounces off his hands and out of bounds!

Up 22-16 at the end of 1. McGrady already has 13 points.

Iguodala is doing a great job defensively on Ben Gordon.

Right after I type that, Gordon hits two big shots off screens.

5:30 mark: We are playing extremely efficient offense. Defensively, we are laying off Wallace and double teaming their ball handlers and it is working. 38-24, but McGrady and Iguodala have to rest. We are doing a better job of our rotation of players and Webber, Dalembert, and Williams come back fresh. Also, Carney comes in at SF and Korver at SG (However, I'll probably have Carney guard Gordon.)

Carney does a great job of keeping our lead with a 3, a 3 point play, and a few jumpers.

Halftime: 48-36.

Kenny's Stamp of approval players:

McGrady is 8 of 8 for 17 points. He also has 4 boards.

Carney has 10 points on 4 of 5 shooting.

Hunter had 8 points on 4 of 5 shooting (almost all of them were off McGrady or Williams assists in which they drew Ben Wallace over.)

We are holding the Bulls to 33% shooting thanks to tempting Wallace to take shots and double teaming their other shooters.

We haven't double teamed this much all year.

We were up by 19 at one point, but once Ben Wallace sat, they were much harder to defend and they closed the gap to 9. 67-58 at the end of 3.

Hinrich and Gordon are hitting most of their big shots.

McGrady went very cold shooting in the 2nd half, but he managed to make some nice assists and we won 90-82 with our lead never being threatened in the 4th quarter.

We shot 49.4%. They shot 33.3%.

We were 4 of 8 from behind the arc. They were 5 of 17.

We were 8 of 12 from the FT line. They were 25 of 31 from the FT line!

We had 30 assists. They had 17.

We each had 15 turnovers.

We had 41 boards (with 3 offensive boards.) They had 48 (including 16 offensive boards.)

We each had 9 steals.

We had 3 blocks. They had 2.

We had 37 bench points. They had 19.

We had 16 fast break points. They had 4.

They had 8 second chance points. We had 0.

McGrady was the player of the game with 27 points, 9 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers. He shot 11 of 21 but was 2 of 3 from behind the arc.

Carney finished with 18 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 8 of 13 with several dunks.

Iguodala had 14 points on 6 of 13 shooting. He also had 3 boards, 7 assists, 4 steals, and 2 turnovers.

Hunter had 12 points and 7 boards.

Dalembert had 6 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

Louis Williams had 4 points, 6 assists, and 1 spectacular block.

Korver had 3 points (a 3 pointer), 1 board, and 1 assist in 14 minutes.

Carney did his damage with only 20 minutes. McGrady played 35 minutes which was the most on my team. Iguodala played 34 minutes.

In 28 minutes, Webber had 2 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists. He was 1 of 8 from the field. (PF is looking like the likely place we will go with our 1st round pick this year..)

For the Bulls, Hinrich was the man with 29 points, 4 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 10 of 24 overall, but 4 of 8 behind the arc.

Nocioni had 15 points on 3 of 9 shooting and 9 of 11 FT shooting.

We held Gordon to 11 points on 3 of 14 shooting.

Ben Wallace had 8 points (almost all on putbacks) and 21 boards (5 offensive boards.) He didn't have any assists or blocks. He shot 3 of 10 from the field.

Deng had 7 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-04-2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #47
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 5, 2006 -

The Grizzlies offered me SG Mike Miller for C Samuel Dalembert. Dalembert is 25 and is potentially still on the rise. He is currently rated 79.

Miller is a 26 year old lanky SG who has a good 3 point shot. He is also a very good defensive rebounder for a guard. However, defensively he is a mess.

I already have a glut at SG/SF and I need more capable big men (at least one more for the PF slot) so I turn down the trade.

December 6, 2006 -

In our simulated game, we host the 6-12 Wizards.

The Wizards beat us 111-95

McGrady had 37 points in 42 minutes on 13 of 29 shooting (5-9 behind the arc.) He also had 4 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Webber had 17 points on 8 of 13 shooting. He also had 12 boards.

Iguodala shot 2 of 10 and had 7 points along with 4 boards and 5 steals.

Williams had 7 points and 6 assists in 37 minutes.

Carney only played 5 minutes, but had 4 points.

Korver had no stats in 2 minutes.

For the Wizards, Gilbert Arenas torched Williams. He had 27 points, 12 assists, and 2 stelas.

Ron Mercer had 20 points, 8 boards, and 5 assists.

Jarvis Hayes had 19 points, 6 boards, and 6 assists against us.

Jamison added 13 points and Haywood had 12 points.

T.J Ford had 12 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists in 23 minutes off the bench.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 9, 2006 -

Next up, we travel to play the Magic immediately after playing the Wizards. The Magic are 7-14. Their offense is rated 69. Their defense is rated 68. They are rated 69 overall. Definitely a winnable game for us.

Their starting 5:

PG Jameer Nelson 6'0" 190

SG J.J Redick 6'5" 190

SF Grant Hill 6'8" 225

PF Dwight Howard 6'11" 265

C Darko Milicic 7'0" 245

We are going to have to double Dwight most likely.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:58 PM   #49
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the end of 1, we are down 21-15. McGrady has been ice cold, and I've gone to Carney early with McGrady playing some PG.

We are down 44-36 at the half.

We are each shooting 35%.

Iguodala leads our team with 13 points on 3 of 7 shooting.

Carney had added 8 points on 4 of 6 shooting. He also has 4 boards.

Grant Hill has 11 points and 7 boards, but he is only shooting 27%.

McGrady finally started hitting shots and put up 13 points in the 3rd quarter. We are down 64-63 at the end of 3.

Despite McGrady getting hot in the 2nd half, they get too many good shots from Redick and the rest of their outside shooters. They win 93-82.

Dwight Howard is the player of the game. He has 8 points and 16 boards.

We shot 41% from the field and they shot 40%.

We were 0 of 10 from behind the arc. They were 6 of 13.

We were 12 of 14 from the FT line. They were 22 of 30 from the line.

We had 21 assists. They had 24.

We had 14 turnovers. They had 10.

We had 46 rebounds (8 offensive.) They had 48 (13 offensive.)

We had 8 steals. They had 9.

We had 2 blocks. They had 1.

We had 22 bench points. They had 28.

We had 6 fast break points. They had 11.

Redick was their leading scorer with 22 points, 3 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 8 of 16 (1 of 4 behind the arc.)

Hill finished with 19 points on 6 of 15 shooting.

Turkoglu had 11 points.

Milicic had 9 points and 7 boards for them.

Nelson had 7 points and 4 assists.

Howard had 8 points, 16 boards, and 7 assists (because we had to double team him to stop him.)

McGrady led us with 24 points, 4 boards, 3 assists. He shot 10 of 25.

Iguodala had 20 points on 6 of 14 shooting.

In 30 minutes off the bench, Carney had 16 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 8 of 14 for the best percentage on the team.

Dalembert had 10 points, 8 boards, and 4 assists.

Webber had 8 points, 9 boards, and 2 assists.

Korver had 6 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists in 18 minutes.

In 28 minutes, Louis Williams had 3 boards, 1 assist, and 3 steals.

I'm getting very close to benching Williams, starting McGrady at PG and letting Carney start at SF.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

December 11, 2006 -

The Pistons traded Antonio McDyess (PF 76) to the Raptors for Mo Peterson (SF, 79.) I guess Mo will move to the bench and add scoring depth off the bench.

I decide to make the change actually. McGrady will try manning the point with Carney starting at SF. Williams will still get PT as the main backup PG.

Today we host the Trailblazers in the 1st game of this experiment:

We lost 102-85 to fall to 6-14.

McGrady was in PF trouble and only played 29 minutes. He had 13 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists in the game.

Iguodala had 17 points, 4 boards, and 7 assists.

Carney played 42 minutes. He had 12 points, 4 boards, and 5 assists. He shot 5 of 12.

Webber had 20 points, 3 boards, and an assist on 50% shooting.

Dalebert had 6 points, 7 boards, and 1 block on 3 of 10 shooting.

Korver had 11 poiints and 4 boards in 27 minutes. He was 3 of 6 behind the arc.

In 10 minutes, Louis Williams had 3 points, 1 board and no assists.