Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

TEW 07 - NWA Mid-Atlantic

Not sure yet if I'll be joining in on the Monday Night Wars dynasty as a replacement, but either way...playing the 80's was one of the main reasons I bought the game, so I intend to run this dynasty anyways.

disclaimer: Ric Flair is my favorite wrestler of all time, so he will be receiving a monster push, and he is the reason I chose NWA Mid-Atlantic. Let's see if I can't make something happen.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Initial Thoughts:

Looking at my "Ideal Roster" I am WAYYY over. 12 Wrestlers over to be exact (largely in the midcard).

This will have to be addressed, as I am not a fan of bloated rosters at this point in time in history. Although these workers are on PPA contracts, I will be trimming some of the fat.

Gone:

Enhancement Talent: Vinnie Valentino
Opener: Mike Davis
Lower Midcarder (2 over): No cut yet

I also intend to look around and see who is available and might serve to strengthen our roster.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-10-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
BYU 14
Coordinator

Cool, another TEW thread. Mid Atlantic is a great territory, will be following along.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I offer negotiations to a slew of big names in the business, as well as some more technical wrestlers who are less well known. Too many to list, so I will just list those that respond.

Almost immediately I am confronted with the need to schedule the Crockett Cup. 2 hrs 30 minutes of wrestling for our second most prestigious title.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-10-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

April 1983 - Week 1

Crockett Cup

Opening Match: Dick Slater defeats Bob Orton Jr. in 7:11 with a Leaping Piledriver (B-) . This match lifted the crowd.
*Just an opening match to fill 9 minutes of time that I needed, but also to give Slater a win as I hope to be able to push him

Angle: Dusty Rhodes is walking backstage. Ric Flair looks angry, and jumps him from behind, throwing a series of wild overhead shots. Dusty Rhodes fights off the attack, though, and returns the favor, forcing Flair to rethink the attack. After a solid blow by Rhodes lands, Ric Flair is driven through a floor-to-ceiling window. (B+)
*This quick 2-minute angle is intended to provide an excuse for why Flair is not competing in the tournament as well as setup the inevitable Flair vs. Rhodes fueds that will fuel MACW.

Match 1: Wahoo McDaniel defeated Terry Funk in 11:38 by submission with an Indian Deathlock. (B+)
*And this was with Terry Funk "off his game."

Match 2: Jos Leduc defeated Ricky Steamboat in 13:55 by submission with an One-Armed Backbreaker. (B+)
*Nice match to give "The Dragon" some exposure on our big card. He will be getting a Main Event push.

Match 3 - Indian Strap Match: Ivan Koloff defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 20:09 by submission with a Bear Hug. (B-)
This match lifted the crowd. Match 4: Dusty Rhodes defeated Jos Leduc in 16:23 by submission with a Weaver Lock. (B)
This match lifted the crowd.

Angle: The cameras take us to a hospital room. From his sick bed, a battered Ric Flair cuts an interview with Andy Phillips where he swears revenge on Dusty Rhodes for his injuries. (C )
*This of course will serve as a lead in to the Flair vs. Rhodes fued

Match 5 - Crockett Cup Title Iron Man Match: Dusty Rhodes defeated Ivan Koloff in 60:00 by four falls to two. (B)
Dusty Rhodes was visibly tiring toward the end. Ivan Koloff was exhausted by the end. Dusty Rhodes and Ivan Koloff don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. This match lifted the crowd.
*Evidently there would need to be more behind this to make it work. Wanted to put the Title on Dusty before his fued with Flair though, and this accomplished that, with Dusty against a big heel.

"Dusty Rhodes is improving in Flying skills." --- Priceless!!

Final Rating: C-

*I think this is about the best I could have hoped for without any storylines to set it up, or reasons to really do any angles (MACW is 70/30 split for matches/angles right now).
Old 06-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday Week 1 1983

WWF have offered a contract to Ricky Steamboat. I immediately offer to enter negotiations with him.

*Apparently I did something wrong with the Crockett Cup Title. I tried to make the last match of the card a title match, but it wouldn't work. So I will just manually assign it to Dusty I guess, as it doesn't show up with him having won it in the title lineage. *shrug*

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-10-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If I were you I would just book a match for the Crocket Cup on your next show where Dusty wins and then not post it. It won't hurt the title at all, just so its official.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My TV show is only 1 hour long unfortunately. Which means given our expected match-times and what-not, I only can fit about 7 segments in. And that's if I blatantly ignore the fact that they expect our top match to be ~ 30 mins long. I'll need longer shows!

I am holding the show's taping in Alabama at the Birmingham Auditorium to try to bump our SE popularity.

"Dark" Match: Masa Fuchi defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. in 7:46 by pinfall with a Backdrop Suplex. (E+)

The Show Begins

Angle 1: Ric Flair finds Dusty Rhodes backstage, and beats him up to gain a measure of revenge. (B+)
*Flair and Rhodes have entered into a long storyline ("Dirtiest Player") but this revenge angle is separate and is just intended to fulfill Flair's promise of revenge.

Angle 2: Dusty Rhodes comes down to the ring and issues a challenge to Ric Flair to compete in a Best Dressed Contest with him.
"Let the fans vote, Flair! They'll let us know who has more class!" (B+)

Match 1: Dick Slater defeated Bob Orton Jr. in 10:20 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. (C)
*Slater and Orton are in an unchained storyline now, so I am obviously hoping to see some better matches than this. I'd rather team the two of them up as either babyfaces or heels and use them as a tag team to either replace or challenge steamboat & youngblood but it doesn't seem like they're very versatile that way.

Angle: Ric Flair is shown arriving backstage, tipping the valet with 500 dollars. (B)

Angle: Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair finally square off for their Best Dressed contest in the ring. After going through their routines in their finest garb, the fans vote Rhodes the winner by their applause.
Dusty Rhodes celebrates his victory by saluting the fans, unaware that Flair suddenly breaks off the tantrum he had been raging, charges up from behind, and levels Rhodes in the lower back with a blistering knee. Dusty Rhodes falls hard to the mat with an audible scream of pain, but before he even hits, Flair is upon him with a whirlwind of kicks and punches.
As the fans unleash a swarm of debris into the ring, Flair shreds the coat off of Rhodes's back before making a hasty retreat up the aisles. (C+)
*Flair's performance was noted as fantastic

Match: Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper in 13:18 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (B-)
*Valentine is set for a big push. Piper will likely be used to put over upcoming heels and team with upcoming babyfaces to raise them up.

Match: Jerry Brisco defeated Ivan Koloff and Jimmy Valiant in 9:51 when Jerry Brisco defeated Jimmy Valiant by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. (C-)
The rationale here is that I need more Main Event babyfaces, and I don't see turning Flair as an option and I'm terrified I'm going to lose Ricky the Dragon so I am beginning a push for Brisco, giving him a pinfall over another Upper-Midcarder with a Main-Event heel in the ring. I think my fans were likely confused because Valiant is a face also though, and so you have a face pinning a face.

Final Rating: C+
Old 06-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
If I were you I would just book a match for the Crocket Cup on your next show where Dusty wins and then not post it. It won't hurt the title at all, just so its official.

good call. Maybe a dark-show match or somthing. I'm confused. Maybe I was supposed to run a "tournament" angle or something in order to fill the card? I dunno.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:11 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
good call. Maybe a dark-show match or somthing. I'm confused. Maybe I was supposed to run a "tournament" angle or something in order to fill the card? I dunno.

Generally you just book the title as on the line in the match, and if you did that, I dunno why it wouldn't work. It happened to me once so I just booked a rematch for my TV show, and put the title on the line there.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Generally you just book the title as on the line in the match, and if you did that, I dunno why it wouldn't work. It happened to me once so I just booked a rematch for my TV show, and put the title on the line there.

yeah it didn't show up in the little box of available titles to put on the line. grrr.

and I just tried on the next card and it still doesn't show up in there. grrr

AND I'M AN IDIOT! it's apparently a tag team title. Who woulda thunk it.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-10-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

eh. Don't get too attached to this dynasty peeps. I think there'll be something bigger n better on the horizon
Old 06-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #13
wahoomac
Mascot

[quote=DaddyTorgo;1480030]April 1983 - Week 1

Crockett Cup

Match 1: Wahoo McDaniel defeated Terry Funk in 11:38 by submission with an Indian Deathlock. (B+)

Match 3 - Indian Strap Match: Ivan Koloff defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 20:09 by submission with a Bear Hug. (B-)

It was great seeing my namesake wrestle again. I'll be watching this (or, seeing as this might get restarted) to see how Wahoo does.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[quote=wahoomac;1480693]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
April 1983 - Week 1

Crockett Cup

It was great seeing my namesake wrestle again. I'll be watching this (or, seeing as this might get restarted) to see how Wahoo does.

wahoo....i shelved this game in favor of our 3-way game in DOTT. Go ahead and check that out...wahoo was on my first card there too.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:47 PM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bump so i can find it later.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

not sure how i'll restart things...the early history and some of the players now are different, but bear with me guys.