Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You can always edit it before you use it. It's jacked high, but with a few modest changes, it wouldn't be hard to fix it, because I didn't even edit all of the teams..just a random few.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #52
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ok, enough talk, more pictures
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #53
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I won't front. This little league managing junk sucks. I'm applying for national team jobs and if I get one, I'm leaving BC.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2011 TEAM OF THE YEAR
Old 07-11-2007, 12:12 AM   #55
MrBug708
Head Coach

No American's huh?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 AM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think the league is just good enough that they're being trumped for the foreigners, presumably. My notion is that they'll step it up in future generations.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:26 AM   #57
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hmmm, I think I'll tweak it so that there are just a couple of American's on each roster.

So are the English teams and other foriegn teams more devoid of talent now?
Old 07-11-2007, 12:33 AM   #58
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I won't front. This little league managing junk sucks. I'm applying for national team jobs and if I get one, I'm leaving BC.

Welcome to my world. I dont take the money jobs, I fight in the lower divisions complaining and carping. But, I hope to win thru to higher divisions just the same.

But I understand the frustrations of managing the lower leagues ... I do.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Hmmm, I think I'll tweak it so that there are just a couple of American's on each roster.

So are the English teams and other foriegn teams more devoid of talent now?

Umm...just a few stars that I moved away from teams. But not many. Most of the moves that you've seen over the past five years or so, were completely done by the computer. Which is what I wanted.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdude View Post
Welcome to my world. I dont take the money jobs, I fight in the lower divisions complaining and carping. But, I hope to win thru to higher divisions just the same.

But I understand the frustrations of managing the lower leagues ... I do.

I think if I had a team that I was wedded to, it might be easier. But since I just picked a team that I care nothing about...it made it harder.

I might have to try again with another team in the lower division, because I do like the idea of 'working my way up'.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #61
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

As it turns out, I haven't been offered any other gigs. So instead of leaving like a girl, I'm staying at BCGE and attempting to see if I can't make it work.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #62
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NEW SIGNINGS (2011-12)
---
28 year old Argentine Marcos Angeleri, $375k (D/WB), 4 assists, 63 appearances for St. Louis (2 years in the Premier League, last season in the Championship)

18-year old Canadian Marco Johnson (AM/F C) from Quad City Metropolitan for $950k

27-year old American Jordan Harvey (D, LC) from New Orleans for $45k

18-year old Canadian Ludovic Besson (SW, D C) from Wyoming for $1.4 million

22-year old Argentine Angel Germano (ST) from New Orleans on a free transfer.

29-year old Argentine Roberto Nanni from San Jose Earthquakes for 450k

I also canned two coaches and a scout in an effort to step things up a bit. Considering I didn't get into this job until just March, the fact that the team didn't absolutely collapse is probably a good sign. I think the team has a decent core. It'll be just a matter of what they can do going into this year.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #63
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The Kellogg's Cup draw is out.

We're playing Washington City (DC) in the third round. City are a 4th division club.

The winner of the matchup will face off against the winner of Queen City Buffalo (3rd division) v. Bakersfield
Old 07-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #64
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I scheduled a friendly against Corinthians of Brazil. We drew 0-0 with them.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-11-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #65
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

RESIGNED

The team, tired of me constantly looking at different offers, gave me the chance to resign or be fired. So, I took their bait and quit before the start of the new season.

What's next, is anyone's guess.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #66
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Just as quickly as I said that and wondered whether I'd actually get any offers or not, my first offer shows up in the form of recently relegated Detroit Motor City, who are mimicking their gridiron cousins by underachieving despite money to spend and a gleaming stadium.

(I'm playing as Lebanese-Canadian manager Ahmad Taleb. Dunno why...just decided to do that...go with it.)

I like the offer and honestly, there aren't many other deals out there that are going to be as sweet as this one. I negotiated for $123m in payroll and $113m in transfer money, plus told them to expand 23,000 seat Chrysler Field.

They've agreed and so...I guess we're headed to Dee-troit.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The first thing I like to do with any new team, is to purge the coaches and scouts that suck. Nothing is worse than getting bad information or having your players forced to work with crappy coaches from the start and so, I'm going to take care of that first.

Then, I'll take stock of the squad's roster and see what we need to improve a team that really has no business being in the 2nd division to begin with having resources like they do.

My goal is really to expect nothing less than the outright Championship title and a return trip back to the PLA. The media predicts we'll be 7th.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Oklahoma Union won the AT&T Super Cup over Quebecois 2-0, claiming their 2nd straight Super Cup title.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The season begins on August 24th, 2011. I'm trying to schedule a few international friendlies against top-tier sides.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 PM   #70
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Ok, good.

Here is the tour schedule for Motor City Detroit FC prior to the 2011 season start:

Quote:
8.2 Chelsea (England)
8.3 Arsenal
8.9 Lazio (Italy)
8.10 Fiorentina
8.14 Barcelona (Spain)
8.15 Sevilla
8.18 Chivas (Mexico)
8.19 Pumas
Old 07-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #71
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's not that weird for these European clubs to be playing our teams. Arensal played FC Dallas (Championship) on July 27th and won 2-1.

Milan played Division 3 Vancouver the same day and won 3-1 AND then beat Houston (Championship) 2-1 on July 30th.

So, we're not trendsetters, but simply going along with it.

AUGUST 2, 2011

Quote:
19,716 saw Detroit Motor City defeat Chelsea 2-0 at Stamford Bridge in London today.

Yakubu and Robert Vittek scored in the victory
Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'll post the team's roster just prior to the start of the regular season.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #73
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here is our 2011 opening day lineup, fresh off a 4th round victory over Cleveland in the Kellogg's Cup.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-11-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #74
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I didn't inherit all of those guys, notables I've brought in include Hubschman, Dempsey, Thiago, Sarr and a few others. I'll publish that list next.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #75
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I love how when you get relegated, teams start to swarm around you to get you to sell off all of your parts. That's what's happened to Detroit now that they're a step down. It's okay though, we'll make it work.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #76
MrBug708
Head Coach

*ahem*
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #77
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

What?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #78
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here are the transfers I've made since coming to Detroit.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:47 PM   #79
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My first major test as Manager of Motor City is our 5th round Kellogg's Cup matchup against Edmonton FC, a third division outfit.

If we win, the sixth round is in October.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #80
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We lost 4-2 on penalties to Edmonton. Oh well.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #81
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I simmed to October 1, 2011. Here are the standings in the Championship so far.

I'm sure I'm managing this team all wrong. Because I suck at this. I wish it were baseball.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #82
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I think I plan to do this again, but this time..with different teams throughout the leagues. I originally wanted to use the Uruguay model of relegation/promotion, but that's way too confusing to try to imitate it seems.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #83
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Though it could just be that I'm lazy.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #84
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I think I plan to do this again, but this time..with different teams throughout the leagues. I originally wanted to use the Uruguay model of relegation/promotion, but that's way too confusing to try to imitate it seems.
OK, you hooked me. What is the Uruguay model?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #85
MrBug708
Head Coach

I thought this was a good idea, but the nationality aspect of it bugged me where I couldn't play it. I would hope that Marc would make it so that we can just edit the league quickly and make it regulation/promotion style and then go from there. I like seeing my teams full of players who are from that country.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #86
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

From the one thread on the main board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

That would allow real promotion to and from the lower divisions while safeguarding the "big market" teams. Safeguarding teams from relegation would be unusual, but not unique. Uruguay does something vaguely similar (or at least used to).

I got curious. It's hard to find information about this, but..I managed to discover this. Might be time for me to try to create a US league using that structure using WWSM.

Quote:
NOTES: The structure of the Uruguayan Championship is extremely complicated, and split into three phases. Firstly, the 18 teams play each other once, with the final table being split into three groups. The top two from each group, plus the remaining four best overall go on to compete in the 10 team Apertura and Clausura championships. This ensures that at least two clubs from the interior qualify for this phase. The Apertura and Clausura winners play-off for the championship, to qualify for the Copa Libertadores, along with the winners of the first phase. The play-off losers then join the three next best placed teams from the overall table in a mini-league or "liguilla" to determine the final Libertadores place.

The eight worst teams from the first phase play in the "Torneo Permanencia" to retain top division status. This is divided into a Montevideo (2 relegated) and an Interior (1 relegated) group, to ensure that 5 clubs from the provinces remain at the top level. Division Two is similarly complicated but results in two Montevideo clubs and one provincial club being promoted, although the best placed provincial club will have to play-off against its relegated counterpart if it finishes lower than 5th. There is no automatic relegation to the third level, which is a small amateur league in Montevideo.

According to Wikipedia though, the league is just 16 teams now.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 PM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I thought this was a good idea, but the nationality aspect of it bugged me where I couldn't play it. I would hope that Marc would make it so that we can just edit the league quickly and make it regulation/promotion style and then go from there. I like seeing my teams full of players who are from that country.

You know how BADLY I want that? They just ignore the idea of making custom leagues. And I have no idea why it's so darn hard. FaceGen and the other junk doesn't do anything for me. I just want to be able to create a custom league and be done with it.

So...yeah, I'm with you totally. Because the way it is now, is a real pain in the ass using that crap data editor. And none of the 3rd party apps work with WWSM seemingly.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-06-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 PM   #88
MrBug708
Head Coach

How about a super league like they used to do in the FIFA series. You pick a 16 team super league and play from there Kind of like Champions League Cup but more consistant.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 AM   #89
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

But just with American teams? And maybe a Canadian team? Hmm...that might work for a dynasty.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 AM   #90
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well, they'll have to be Canadian teams regardless with canadian regens because the game won't allow an American league to use a model other than the MLS model. I thought it would do it to where the regens would come from wherever the team's stadium is...but it doesn't seem to work that way. Sucks, but that's how it is. The best you can hope to do -- and I've done this before -- is to pick an obscure country, rename it America and change the languages to match America..so your regens are 'essentially' Americans, but just don't have the USA behind them. Still sucks, but...the current setup doesn't really allow for much else.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-07-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #91
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm currently modifying my db to use the Uruguay setup, but using American teams from the US of A. I'll report my results and if it works, I'll post it.