Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NCAA 08: Arizona - The Rise of a Pac 10 Power

With the 2008 season looming, Mike Stoops shocked the world by resigning from his position at Arizona for undisclosed reasons. In the wake of his departure, Graduate Assistant and up and coming recruiting guru Danny Wilson has been hired to take his place.

The promotion of Wilson is perhaps more startling then the news of Stoops taking off from the program, but with numerous prospects already showing interest in the Wildcat program thanks to Wilson it was felt he was best fit to continue the growth of the football team.

With that, Danny Wilson's saga begins...

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2008 Arizona Schedule

Week 1: @ BYU
Week 2: Kent State
Week 3: New Mexico
Week 4: @ #16 Cal
Week 5: Washington State
Week 6: @ Oregon State
Week 7: @ #1 USC
Week 8: Stanford
Week 9:@ Washington
Week 10: #19 UCLA
Week 11: Open
Week 12: Oregon
Week 13: Open
Weel 14: @ Arizona State
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2008 Pre-Season All Americans

First Team Offense

QB: Brian Brohm - Louisville
RB: Mike Hart - Michigan
FB: Owen Schmitt - West Virginia
WR: Mario Manningham - Michigan
WR: Marcus Monk - Arkansas
WR: Limas Sweed - Texas
TE: Martin Rucker - Iowa
LT: Barry Richardson - Clemson
LG: Hercules Satele - Hawaii
C: Jeff Byers - USC
RG: Will Arnold - LSU
RT: Gosder Cherilis - Boston College

First Team Defense

LE: Derrick Harvey - Florida
RE: Tim Jamison - Michigan
DT: Sedrick Ellis - USC
DT: Glenn Dorsey - LSU
LOLB: Xavier Adibi - Virginia Tech
MLB: Vince Hall - Virginia Tech
ROLB: Robert James - Arizona State
CB: Walter Hill - Georiga
CB: Antoine Cason - Arizona
FS: Thomas Decoud - Cal
SS: Tom Zbikowski - Notre Dame
K: Art Carmody - Louisville
P: Andrew Larson - Cal
Returner: Darren McFadden - Arkansas
Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

ARIZONA DEPTH CHART

QB: W. Tuitama (86), K. Heavner (78), T. Lyon (76)
RB: X. Smith (85), C. Jennings (83), G. Bolasky (79)
FB: E. Mitchell (86), B. Lopez (77)
WR: M. Thomas (86), A. Johnson (83), B. Dennard (81), T. Reese (78)
TE: T. Bell (83), B. McCall (81), A. Simmons (80)
LT: P. Graniello (80), J. Trethway (76), A. Grant (73)
LG: B. Wachotz (70), C. Baxter (68)
C: B. Kerley (71), G. McHone (68)
RG: J. Hayes (81), D. Borg (80), J. Longacre (74)
RT: E. Britton (85), C. Elmore (69)

LE: L. Holmes (91), J. Turner (83), M. Shelton (77)
RE: R. Elmore (77), L. Brown (73), J. Parker (71)
DT: Y. Barnett (86), D. Horton (83), L. Dotson (80), J. Markovich (78)
LOLB: D. Krogstad (82), V. Tuihalamaka (78)
MLB: R. Palmer (89), A. McCovy (81)
ROLB: S. Larsen (87), X. Kelley (78)
CB: A. Cason (97), W. Fontenot (87), D. Ross (85), M. Turner (81)
FS: D. Patrick (85) B. Tatum (85)
SS: B. Tatum (85), N. Ness (80)
K: J. Bondzjo (56)
P: K. Crier (65)
Old 07-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Arizona @ BYU

BYU gets possession first and we snuff out two of their early run plays. Unfortunatley on third and 7 they hit a 20 yard completion. Again, they run and again we snuff it but then on third down QB Max Hall hits WR Malhulka for a 32 yard TD pass. BYU 7-0.

Our first drive is stalled and we are stuck with a 3 and out. A punt to BYU gives them the ball at the 50.

BYU gets inside our 30 but stalls out and then misses a 44 yard FG to keep the game 7-0 BYU.

With the ball back in our hands QB Willie Tuitiama fires a seed across the middle to WR Reese who takes it to the BYU 35. We go for it all on the next play but instead we are picked off at the 3 and BYU runs it out back to their 35.

BYU goes on a drive that just shows what a well run West Coast offense can do. They go the length of the field on the pass alone and QB Hall hits WR Allen for a 10 yd TD. BYU 14-0.

Willie Tuitama goes into fifth gear and drives us down the field completing two third and longs before finally connecting on an 8 yard TD pass to WR A. Johnson. 14-7 BYU.

Our defense starts to flex some muscle and gets to Hall in bunches. We only get one sack but knock him down a bunch. Sadly on our second consecutive three and out Antoine Cason fumbles the punt and gives BYU great field position inside our 45.

With BYU in great position our D is once again stout forcing a FG attempt that ends up pushed right to keep the game 14-7.

We are forced to punt but we get some luck this time recovering a muffed kick on the BYU 24. We settle for three not being able to punch it in inside the 5 and its now BYU 14-10 at the half.

We decide on the first possesion to start the 2nd half to go for it on fourth. Our fake punt works to move us to BYU's 38. It's all for naught though as we get stuffed for losses on two runs and are forced to punt.

Once again we shoot ourselves in the foot. We get in BYU territory and on an option Tuitama is nailed, fumbling the ball, and BYU takes it to the Zona 25. And the next play FS Tatum picks off the BYU pass! Big momentum changer.

As the Ds keep punish one another DB Fontenot makes a huge pick for us at the BYU 42. A 15 yard pass and 12 yard rush put us inside the BYU 20 but we losr RB Smith to back spasms. However RB Jennings comes in with an 11 yard run to the BYU 8. Once again though we commit a turnover, this time in the endzone where BYU downs the pick.

And like clockwork, a vicious hit puts the ball on the turft for BYU and we recover it on the BYU 37. As the drive looks stalled, a dump off to RB Smith nets us 14 yards and a huge first. Of course we get sacked and wind up in a 3rd and 21 and are forced to kick a FG which is missed.

A few more defensive stalemates and we punt to the BYU 1 where they take over up 4 with 4:24 left. And on third down BYU goes for the pass which is picked off and returned for a TD by Cason! 17-14 Arizona.

BYU works the ball to the 50 but Louis Holmes sacks Hall back to the 44 to make it third and 5. A draw play fails and it's 4th and 7th. BYU punts it with 2:20 left into the endzone and we get the ball with 2:11 to go up 3.

Smith stars the drive with a 7 yard run up the middle. Smith picks up 4 more yards on second down to pick up a crucial first down. BYU calls their first timeout with 1:30 left. Smith once again gashes through the D with a gain of 14. BYU's D is definetly wearing down as Smith rumbles for 7 more yards. Smith busts up the gut for 2 yards to bring up a 3rd and 1 with 43 seconds left. Smith dives over the line for the first and Tuitama takes a knee to give Arizona the 17-14 win!

Arizona 17
BYU 14

PASSING

Willie Tuitama (AZ) - 17 for 31, 213 yards, 1 TD - 2 INT

Max Hall (BYU) - 19 for 29, 207 yards, 2 TD - 3 INT

RUSHING

Xavier Smith (AZ) 27 for 56

Manase Tonga (BYU) 11 for 24

RECEIVING

Anthony Johnson (AZ) 5 for 70, 1 TD
B.J. Dennard (AZ) 4 for 45

Matt Allen (BYU) 7 for 61, 1 TD
Vic Sooto (BYU) 3 for 44

DEFENSE

Ronnie Palmer (AZ) 8 tackles, 2 TFL
Louis Holmes (AZ) 5 stackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
Antoine Cason (AZ) 4 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD

Kayle Buchanan (BYU) 8 tackles, 1 INT
Terrance Hooks (BYU) 7 tackles, 1 Sack
Ben Criddle (BYU) 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 Sack

Tatum with a big int

Cason with the pick 6

Antoine Cason with the game winning pick 6

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-19-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:24 PM   #6
CraigSca
Pro Starter

What skill level are you using? Any sliders?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
BYU 14
Coordinator

A pretty good Defensive battle as the RL game should be this Season, hopefully with better results though
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
What skill level are you using? Any sliders?

All American right now. 7 minute quarters. Sliders were default but I am going to crank up penalties and lower INT a click.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
A pretty good Defensive battle as the RL game should be this Season, hopefully with better results though

Indeed. I have a video and a couple of pics I'll attempt to upload later.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Week Two

Arizona (1-0) vs Kent State (0-1)

We get the ball to start and Cason does it right taking it to the Kent State 40. An early sack on first down pushes us back but Tuitama hits Bennard on a beautiful cross to take it to the Flashes 18. On 4th and 2 from the 5 we go for it and Tuitama hits TE Bell on a 4 yard flare to score the games first TD. ARZ 7-0.

After trading two conescutive stops apiece, Tutiama hits WR Thomas got a 62 yard TD pass. ARZ 14-0.

The Golden Flashes work the ball down field on our soft zone and manage to connect on a 6 yard TD pass. ARZ 14-7.

On 3rd and long Tuitama and Thomas strike again, this time on a 33 yard pass. ARZ 21-7.

We lose Smith to back spasms again and on third and long Tuitama makes a bad pass that gets picked off at the Kent State 46. Kent State works down the field and then kills us on a corner blitz hitting their WR Bobb in stride for a 41 yard TD. ARZ 21-14.

Kent's D sures up and they get the ball back and drive down the field. On a 4th and goal from the one their C moves early causing them to settle for 3 with 15 seconds left in the half. ARZ 21-17

Cameron Bobb does it again to start the half, rumbling down the field with a 50 yard reception to our 9 yard line. Our D manages to snuff out two runs though putting us in a big third down. Sadly we leave the TE open in the middle of the field and just like that Kent State is up 24-21 in our house. KSU 24-21.

Thomas returns the kick 50 yards to the Kent State 40 to give us some momentum back. TE Bell catches a pass for 22 yards on a crossing route to bring it to the Kent 18. Smith takes the ball and runs it to the Kent State 5 where he promptly fumbles giving the ball back to the Flashes. The plays gone up to the booth however and under further review it's reversed! Smith takes the next play down to 1, and on 2nd down punches it in. ARZ 28-24.

We force a Kent punt which they promptly down at my 1 yard line. We go to un it out of there but Kent rushes the house and we of course are saftied. 28-26 ARZ.

Kent gets to our 6 and on 4th and 1 decide to go for it. Thankfully our all out blitz works and and the QB gets blown up for a crucial sack.

After getting us to punt, Kent goes back to the air where Turner makes a huge pick for us at midfield. With the ball back we once again see Bell open down the seam and pick him up for 24 yards. We go for it ourselves on 4th and 1 and Smith loses another one that is reversed. Sadly he didn't pick up the first so its Kents ball anyway.

With everyone down field covered Tuitama hits Smith out of the backfield as his check down which leads to a 37 yard gain. This is promptly negated by a bad route run by WR Anthony, resulting in an easy INT for Kent.

Kent makes a mistake going for it again on fourth, this time at midfield with 5:40 left and they get stuffed behind the line. Time to make this count.

On a big 3rd and 13, we hit Thomas yet again for 36 yards this time to bring the ball to the Kent 15. We move the ball back down the 1 and Smith again from a yard punches it in to give us some breathing room. ARZ 35-26

Kent keeps fighting. They work it down the field and connect a five yard TD pass with 1:35 left. ARZ 35-33.

We recover the onside kick but Kent has all 3 TO. Smith does good on first down running for 10 yards and a new first. First down again, Smith runs for 3 and KSU uses their 2nd time out. Smith gets cranked in the backfield for a 3 yard loss on 2nd down. We bring it down to 51 seconds and burn our own timeout. On third down Smith gets five and from the KSU 31 we decide to go for it. The pass is picked off at the 23 which is fine, a missed FG woulda' given them better then that.

42 seconds left, no time outs for Kent. A 7 yard pass keeps the clock moving. Next play is batted down. KSU goes to their 40 for 10 yards but again can't get out of bounds. They get it to our 37 but can't get the FG unit in on time and we win game that was far too close.

Arizona 35
Kent State 33

Passing

Willie Tuitiama (AZ) 13 for 23 for 275 yards, 3 TD - 3 INT

Julian Edelman (KSU) 31 for 45 for 415 yards, 4 TD - 1 INT

Rushing

Xavier Smith (AZ) 30 for 85 yards, 2 TD

Eugene Jarvis (KSU) 17 for 15 yards

Receiving

Mike Thomas (AZ) 3 catches for 130 yards, 2 TD
Travis Bell (AZ) 3 catches for 54 yards, 1 TD

Cameron Bobb (KSU) 8 catches for 166 yards, 1 TD
Shawn Bayes (KSU) 7 catches for 69 yards, 2 TD

Defense

Antoine Cason (AZ) 11 tackles, 1 TFL
Spencer Larsen (AZ) 8 tackles, 3 TFL
Dane Krogstad (AZ) 7 tackles, TFL, 1 Sack

Stevon Moss (KSU) 7 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 Sack
Rico Murray (KSU) 7 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 INT
Jameson Konz (KSU) 6 tackles, 3 TFL

Thomas scores to make it 7-0

Turner with a big pick to stop a KSU threat

The crucial sack that stopped KSU from going up.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-19-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:29 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You know, I like the pictures better than the videos for some reason.

Keep up the winning streak!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
You know, I like the pictures better than the videos for some reason.

Keep up the winning streak!!

Thanks, Todd. Sadly this trouble with KSU makes me cringe at the thought of taking on USC.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Thanks, Todd. Sadly this trouble with KSU makes me cringe at the thought of taking on USC.

As you should

Good luck against the rest of your opponents
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #14
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Why would the AI not take the FG down by 2 at your 6 yard line instead of going for it?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Why would the AI not take the FG down by 2 at your 6 yard line instead of going for it?

At the time it wasn't a two point game. I was up by four I believe. I should've indciated that better. They had driven the ball down my throat at the time too but we came up clutch.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #16
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Ah, OK. I couldn't tell how much time was left anyway, but still, I would have thought you go for 3 down by 2. That makes more sense.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Arizona (2-0) vs New Mexico (1-1)

New Mexico starts with the ball and runs the ball down our throats, the first team to do that all year. Thankfully their first pass play is picked by Tatum at our 15 and returned to the 40.

We go three and out but a nice punt gives NM the ball at their own 4. Our D holds and forces a punt which Cason returns to the New Mexico 19. We falter on D however and are forced to settle for a 39 yard FG. ARZ 3-0.

New Mexico answers right back with short passes and a lengthy run to get to our three. After holding them on first and second down they hit their TE on a PA pass to take the lead. NM 7-3.

We lose RB Xavier Smith to an Ab strain on a screen pass for the rest of the game, we now have to rely on on RB Jennings who is more of a bruiser. We are forced to punt after being stopped on another three and out.

Another bad punt gives New Mexico a great return which they parlay into a solid drive. Our D tightens up however managing to hold them to just 3. NM 10-3.

Watching New Mexico shut down our passing game we just give it to Jennings who runs through the New Mexico D for 40 yards on 5 rushes. Sadly we give up a sack on third down taking us out of FG range. A great punt puts New Mexico down at the two but a gutsy PA pass goes for 97 yards and a New Mexico TD, and not to mention record on longest pass. NM 17-3.

Tuitama throws a pick as we move down the field. Thankfully as NM returns it to our 7, WR Johnson strips the ball away and we recover. We get forced to punt though setting up grest field position for New Mexico and lo and behold they drive it down our throats and score on another 1 yard TD pass to the TE. 24-3 NM.

We start the second half running the ball only to see us lose RB Jennings for the rest of the series. Being desperate Tuitama rolls out and delievers a seed to Dennard for a 51 yard highlight reel TD. NM 24-10.

Our D shows up to start their action in the half and then Cason has a solid return to the New Mexico 45. We manage to botch a 39 yard FG this time around and give possession back to NM.

Another stop by our D and Cason does it again returning it to the New Mexico 26 with a bunch of highlights along the way. This time Jennings pounds the ball between the tackles and from one yard out he dives into the endzone. NM 24-17.

As New Mexico drives inside our 20 we manage to get pressure on the QB. He gets hit as he throws and lame ducks one thats picked off by Cason and returned to to the NM 40. We can't make anything of it though and turn it over on downs.

And what a god send it turns out to be! Louis Holmes becomes a one man wrecking crew and with another pressure he causes a bad pass which DB Ross picks off and takes to the house! 24-24.

The QB for New Mexico is now riled and Cason comes up with his second pick on a throw no where near his WR. Looked like miscommunication as the WR ran up and the QB threw out. Jennings takes the next play and rumbles 26 yards to the New Mexico 10! Jennings runs it down to the 2 and then his back up Bolasky punches it in. ARZ 31-24.

Our D finally falters and another big drive by New Mexico ends with their QB scrambling into the endzone from 8 yards out. 31-31. 1:59 left.

Both teams trade three and outs and we get the ball back at our 23 with 3 TO and 44 seconds left. Once again we find nothing and give it back to them with 12 seconds left. They get nothing and we head to OT.

New Mexico wins the toss and and selects offense. And on their first play they hit a 25 yard PA strike to go up early. NM 38-31. OT 1.

We get the ball and run on first down for four. On second down Tuitama looks for Thomas in the corner of the endzone and he makes the grab but its ruled hes out of bounds. Upon further review they say he got his foot in for the TD! 38-38. End of OT 1.

In OT #2 we blow it by throwing a costly INT that is returned for a TD. NM 44-38.

New Mexico 44
Arizona 38

New Mexico's QB fights to get into the endzone late in the fourth to send the game to OT.

Tatum with another pick early in the game but unfortunatley it is New Mexico who has the last laugh.

98 yard TD pass, a new NCAA record.

The pick 6 that sealed New Mexico's victory.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-21-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:11 AM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ouch, rough loss.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:13 AM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Ouch, rough loss.

You can say that again. Their offense carved me up but what killed me was making a pass I knew was destined to be bad before I let it go. I need to remember to take the snack or throw it away from now on or else Ill keep throwing absurdly bad picks.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I lost my write up for this week but we lose late to Cal 23-21.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We have a huge home game vs Washington State today. WSU has beaten #13 Wisconsin in a defensive battle, 13-3, but they are coming off a blow out loss to USC, 52-7. They, like us, are 2-2. They however are without one of their impact players on offense as WR Michael Bumpus is out the year with a Complete PCL tear.

This game has extra importance for us as we have five recruits visting here and after the game we had vs New Mexico with three recruits visiting, we need to up the ante today.

The Cougars win the toss and recieve. Three early runs takes the ball down to our 13. The runs keep coming and on third and 6 they hit their TE over the middle for a first down at our 2. We manage to stop them for losses on the first two downs but they beat us in the corner of the endzone on a 3 yard pass. WSU 7-0.

We go three and out and the Cougars get he the ball back. On their first play from their 22 they go for a run outside but blitzing MLB Spencer hits their RB hard jarring the ball loose. Our ball hawking S Tatum picks it up and runs 22 yards uncontested for the score. 7-7.

And the next play is Tatum again! He reads the Qbs eyes and jumps in front of a bad pass over the middle for an easy pick and a solid return to the Cougars 32. Our first play after the turnover sees Tuitama hit WR Johnson on a crossing route to the WSU 11. Sadly Tuitama makes an ill advised throw thats picked off at the WSU 1 where we make the stop.

WSU becomes too predictable in their play calling and attempt a run to the right on their first play from the one. MLB Spencer is there and he wallops the RB for the saftey. ARZ 9-7.

Cason takes the free kick to our 45 and then Johnson makes a nice snag for 20 yards. Smith follows it up with a huge run to the Wazzou 2. Sadly our goalline O falters on the first two downs taking us back to the 9, and on third down is the inevitable incomplete pass. We settle for 3. ARZ 12-7.

WSU marches down the field and punches it in but we manage to block the XP. WSU 13-12.

Smith takes the first down carry and rumbles forward for 11 yards. Tuitama makes a bad pass but Johnson keeps on rolling by turning in mid air to make a huge catch to the WSU 18. We continue to struggle inside the 20 and again settle for 3. ARZ 15-13.

Washington facing 3rd and 16 makes a huge completion only to see Cason strip the WR. Palmer dives on the ball and gives us possession at the 50. We are forced to punt yet again though.

We punt to the Wazzou 7 and a good rush from DE Holmes forces a bad pass that Cason steps in front of for the INT. We give it to Smith on the next play who takes it to the Cougars 4. But yet again we're stuck at 3rd and goal from the 5. And yet again, we settle for. ARZ 18-13.

The second half starts with a few three and outs but on a blitz all Holmes drills WSU QB Brink sending a lame duck up in the air which Cason grabs and returns to the house 58 yards. ARZ 25-13.

Brink blows it again and our D scores their third TD. Brink makes an ill advised pass over the middle that hits MLB Palmer in the numbers. He takes it 20 yards to the house. ARZ 32-13.

The game the rest of the way is just us pounding their offense into the ground en route to a 49-20 victory, a much needed one at that after our last two collapses.

Arizona 49
WSU 20