Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2007, 01:28 AM   #1
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Total Extreme Wrestling 2007: Georgia Championship Wrestling 1983

I'm finally feeling confident enough to post a dynasty.

I'm starting with Georgia Championship Wrestling in 1983.

Historically, GCW was purchased by the WWF between 1983 and 1984, after the Briscoes sold off their part of the company to Vince McMahon. In what would be called "Black Saturday", McMahon and the WWF fired the first shot to declare an open war against regional wrestling and its standard-bearer, the NWA, by buying off GCW and its "World Championship Wrestling" television show on TBS.

In this timeline, GCW starts off in 1983 with all its titles vacated (all for different reasons), but has several stars in place, a reasonable standing in the wrestling world, and a decent-enough bank account.

This game is going to be played under TEW, in straight-edge mode (I, the player, will be given goals by the owner of the company to fulfill), using the Death of the Territories v1.35 Database.

For this game, I'll be creating a character for the sake of having one. A road agent with 80% respect rating.

Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:54 AM   #2
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

A look at the roster:

Roster Notes:

GCW undoubtedly had one of the better rosters in wrestling in 1983.

With stalwarts such as Mr Wrestling II, Ole Anderson, Ronnie Garvin, The Iron Shiek, Bullet Bob Armstrong, and The Spoiler, GCW already had established names to bring in the fans and rake in the cash.

Larry Zybysko, Tommy Rich, Stan Hansen, Buzz Sawyer and Paul Orndorff saw their stars rise in the late 70's to the early 80's, giving GCW a fresh batch of big name stars.

With Jake Roberts, the debuting Road Warriors, and Brad Armstrong, they had young up-and-coming stars.

Looks like I will most probably relying on my main event and upper midcard stars to pull the weight of the company. This allows me to have the midcard and lower midcard to develop Roberts, the Warriors and Brad Armstrong.

We also have a gem of an announcer in Gordon Solie, arguably the best play-by-play man in wrestling history.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-19-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

All of GCW's titles start out as vacant, for some reason or another.

National Heavyweight Title
Last Holder: Larry Zybysko
History: The National Heavyweight Title has been held by many notable GCW stars. The list includes Tommy Rich (4x), Paul Orndorff (3x), Austin Idol, Jack Briscoe, and the latest holder, Larry Zybysko. Zybysko bought the title for $25,000 from Killer Tim Brooks, who won it in March, 1983. NWA president Bob Geigel stripped Zybysko of the title several weeks later.

National Tag Team Title
Last Holder: The Wild Samoans
History: The National Tag Team Titles have been vacant since December, 1982, after The Wild Samoans left GCW. The search for new tag-team champions has since been underway.

National Television Title
Last Holder: Steve Keirn
History: The National Television Title has been vacant since March, 1981, and has remained inactive ever since. I have activated this title to allow the midcarders and upper midcarders to have something to actually fight for. This title will only be defended on TV.

Omni Thanksgiving Tag Team Title
Last Winners: Moondog Rex and Moondog Spot

The Cadillac Cup
Last Winner: Thunderbolt Patterson
Old 08-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Here's a look at the company as it stands:

Style:
Georgia Traditional
Size: Cult
Owner: Jim Barnett
Head Booker: Rick Suicide (created character)
Booking Team: Jim Barnett, Ole Anderson, Ronnie West
Money: $225,000
Shows: GCW World Championship Wrestling (Live television taping): Saturday's at 7 PM on WTBS
The Stars of GCW on Tour! (Live show): Every Thursdays

Promotion Pacts:
Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling: Working agreement
Central States: Working agreement
Championship Wrestling from Florida: Working agreement
Mid-South Wrestling: Working agreement
Pacific Northwest: Working agreement
World Class Championship Wrestling: Hostile
Maple Leaf Wrestling: Non-aggression
All-Star Wrestling: Non-aggression
Southeastern Championship Wrestling: Working agreement
International Wrestling (Montreal): Non-aggression
World Wrestling Federation: War
Championship Wrestling Association: Working agreement
Southwest Championship Wrestling: Working agreement
Houston Championship Wrestling: Working agreement

I will have to take advantage of my working agreements with other nearby promotions in order to put my product above the federations that I hold a negative standing with. Primarily, WCCW and WWF.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

GCW owner Jim Barnett has set down goals for me to achieve. There are basically two forms of goals. Critical and Block. A critical is a goal that MUST be achieved. Failure to do so will mean I will be thrown out of the company. A block is an owner-enforced limitations to my actions.

GCW Owner Goals:

#1 CRITICAL:
The promotion must not have less than $337,500 when the time expires. Deadline: 23 months, 3 weeks

#2 CRITICAL: The promotion must be more popular in its home area when the time expires. Deadline: 23 months, 3 weeks

#3 BLOCK: The roster should be biased toward genuine athletes. You cannot sign any wrestler with less than a D grade in athletecism. Timeframe: 23 months, 3 weeks

#4 BLOCK: Under-trained wrestlers make the product look amateurish. You cannot sign any wrestler with less than a D grade in basics. Timeframe: 23 months, 3 weeks

I basically have two years to complete and achieve all of my goals. The money part will most probably be my very first priority. I MUST make money consistently on my shows. This would probably entail me adding another live show, perhaps in the Great Lakes region, the only place other then my home region where I have a decent following.

I have also set a short-term personal goal on my part, just to make my wrestling world much more interesting.

Establish a tag-team division - As it stands, my tag-team division is non-existent. I have one solid full-time team: The Road Warriors. And they haven't even debuted yet. I must be able to hold two tag-team matches during every event I hold.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-19-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
JeffNights
College Prospect

Whoa, had no idea GCW was stacked like that, good luck.

Oddly enough, I havent tried the DOTT mod yet, i'm still havning a blast with my first promotion from the default cornellverse, 14 years in and still going strong.

anywho, I was wondering when any of the TEW dynasty guys were going to ask for user-created wrestlers or managers or what not..the game has an excellant character editor.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:20 PM   #7
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights View Post
Whoa, had no idea GCW was stacked like that, good luck.

Oddly enough, I havent tried the DOTT mod yet, i'm still havning a blast with my first promotion from the default cornellverse, 14 years in and still going strong.

anywho, I was wondering when any of the TEW dynasty guys were going to ask for user-created wrestlers or managers or what not..the game has an excellant character editor.

GCW is very stacked. I was impressed with their roster, really.

Maybe sometime in the future when someone wants to make an FOF fed? :P
Old 08-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

In light of my desire to build a legitimate tag-team division, I have sent out feelers to other wrestlers that have connections with my current stars, in a effort to beef my roster:

Terry Gordy - 21 years old, works for WCCW, has a strong friendship with Stan Hansen (hopefully, I can pull him out of WCCW. Sorry molson!)

Steve Armstrong, 18 years old, works for SECW, is brother to Brad and son to Bob Armstrong. (I couldn't get Scott, as he didn't meet Barnett's standards. Bastard.)

Arn Anderson
, 24, works for HCW and SECW, is a close friend of Ole Anderson.
Lars Anderson, 43, Unemployed, is a close friend of Ole Anderson. (I couldn't get Gene, 1/2 of the original Minnesotta Wrecking Crew, for the same reasons as Scott.)

Bob Roop, 43, CWF, is a close friend of Ole Anderson (Roop is a solid wrestler, well-known in the Southeast, and is a decent booker, I'm looking to add him to surround Ole Anderson with trusted workers)

I also sent out a feeler to an up-and-coming tag-team, the Rock and Roll Express, and to up the ante, offered to hire an unemployed Rick Gibson.

Rick Gibson - 27, Unemployed, brother to Robert Gibson
Robert Gibson - 24, CWA, brother to Rick Gibson, best friend to Ricky Morton
Ricky Morton - 22, CWA, SWCW, best friend to Robert Gibson
Old 08-19-2007, 08:06 PM   #9
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

Terry Gordy - 21 years old, works for WCCW, has a strong friendship with Stan Hansen (hopefully, I can pull him out of WCCW. Sorry molson!)

I have a feeling you'll be able to get that no-good back-stabber to turn on WCCW.

JeffNights makes an intriguing point about adding user characters. Maybe I'll throw in a "Hornsmaniac" or a "Skydog" and see where they end up.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #10
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The Stars of GCW on Tour!
Thursday, Week 1, April, 1983
Robarts Arena, Sarasota, FL

Advertised on card:

Stan Hansen vs. Mr. Wrestling II
Paul Orndorff vs. The Iron Sheik
Ole Anderson vs. Larry Zybysko
Tommy Rich vs. Buzz Sawyer

Pre Show:

- Paul Ellering walks out, and says that today marks a new day in GCW. Today, the Road Warriors are unleashed into the wrestling world. He brings out and introduces Road Warrior Animal and Road Warrior Hawk. (D-)

- The Road Warriors defeated Bob and Brad Armstrong via pinfall with the Doomsday Device at 7:42 (C)

- Les Thornton defeated Rick McGraw via submission with a boston crab at 5:49 (D+)

Show:

- Jim Barnett walks out, and announces a tournament throughout the month of April to crown a new GCW National Heavyweight Champion. The crowd is indifferent, even borderline pissed off at Barnett's being in the ring. (E+)

- Tournament Quarter Finals: Stan Hansen defeated Mr. Wrestling II via pinfall with the Lariat at 7:39 (C+). After the match, Mr. Wrestling offers a handshake to Hansen, who accepts to the delight of the crowd.(B)

- Jake "The Snake" Roberts walks out, and starts talking about carving his name into the annals of GCW history. He singles out Ronnie Garvin, who walks out and challenges Roberts to a match to prove his worth. Roberts accepts. (C+)

- Tournament Quarter Finals: Paul Orndorff defeated The Iron Sheik via Pinfall with a Forearm Clothesline at 7:38 (B-)

- Tournament Quarter Finals: Larry Zybysko defeated Ole Anderson via Pinfall with the Shoulder Breaker at 8:06 (B-)

- Tournament Quarter Finals: Tommy Rich defeated Buzz Sawyer via Pinfall with the Vertical Splash at 12:37 (B+)

Final Rating: C+
Attendance: 2,000 Sold Out!
Comments:
- The crowd was unhappy that the matches weren't more physically intense. Looks like I will have to increase my match intensity rating.

- I was surprised that Jim Barnett didn't get a good reaction from the crowd. Gordon Solie will have to do all interviews and announcements from now on, it seems.

- Our first event paid off... I think. I had too many main event stars at the same show and ended up losing $450. But, it has helped me start out with a bang in the Southeast. It looks like I will be running most of my shows here, and start a slow expansion outwards.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-19-2007 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #11
Tellistto
College Prospect

Onboard and reading along. Looking forward to another DOTT dynasty. Used to watch this all the time in Oklahoma on reruns. Solid wrestlers all around.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #12
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Business News:

- We gave a feeler out to Ted Dibiase, 29, working for MCW. He's a solid performer with a rabid fanbase in the Southeast.

- Arn Anderson signs for 9 months at $800 per appearance. Here comes the pain!
- Robert Gibson signs for 9 months at $625 per appearance. One down, two to go.
- Lars Anderson is asking for a bigger downside than I can promise him, and our negotiations slow down.
- Terry Gordy is asking for a short-term contract, but I want him for the long-term, so we're still working it out.

I don't know why, but it insipires me to play TEW when I listen to this, it gives off the old 80's vibe:
Get this widget | Share | Track details

GCW: World Championship Wrestling
Live Taping on TBS
Saturday, Week 1, April, 1983
James White Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, TN

Advertised on Card:

Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Ronnie Garvin
The Spoiler and The Iron Sheik vs. Ole Anderson & Mystery Partner
National Heavyweight Title Semifinal: Paul Orndorff vs. Stan Hansen

Pre Show:

Robert Gibson defeated Pez Whatley in 17:31 by pinfall with a Small Package. (C-)

Show:

- Gordon Solie interviewed Paul Ellering and The Road Warriors. Ellering says that the Road Warriors are going to mow down any and all obstacles, like they showed the Armstrongs earlier in the week. (C+)

- The Road Warriors defeated Horner and McGraw in 2:55 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Rick McGraw by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. SQUASH. (D+)

- Buzz Sawyer defeated Joe Lightfoot in 7:37 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (C)

- Ole Anderson comes out and says that it is time for him to reveal his mystery partner for his upcoming tag match. Ole calls him his "long lost" brother, and out comes Arn Anderson, and joins his partner in the ring. (D)

- Ole Anderson and Arn Anderson defeated The Iron Sheik and The Spoiler in 7:33 when Arn Anderson defeated The Spoiler by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (C+)

- A video plays hyping Jake Roberts vs. Ronnie Garvin tonight, featuring the inital altercation between the two. (C)

- Jake Roberts defeated Ronnie Garvin in 12:57 by pinfall with a Short-Arm Clothesline. (B)

- Gordon Solie interviews Larry Zybysko and Tommy Rich, talking about their match next week for the tournament. Tommy talks about what it means to be champion. Zybysko goes into a long tirade against Rich, and claims that he's the ONLY champion in the ring. Solie reminds Zybysko that Rich is a former four time champion. Zybysko storms off in anger. (C+)

- National Heavyweight Title Semifinal: Stan Hansen defeated Paul Orndorff in 17:48 by submission with a Brazos Valley Backbreaker to advance to the Finals. (B+) Before the match, Stan Hansen autographed a photograph for a young kid at ringside (B+)

Final Rating: B-
Attendance: 4,297
TV Rating: 2.48
Comments:

- I used Gordon Solie too much for the show. Well, it seems like he'll have to do just one big interview per show.

- I wanted to get a sort-of TV feel to the thing, hopefully, I'll be able to differentiate it with my live events.

- The B- rating is big. It puts me one step closer to increasing my popularity in the Southeast. Having a good main event really pays off, as it basically pulls the entire show up.

- The Spoiler was injured during the show: a strained bicep. We really need heels on our show... I'm going to have to go have a look-see on the wrestling scene if I can grab a couple.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-20-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:09 AM   #13
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Business:

- Sent out a feeler to several midcard guys who might take money in return for enhancing my talent.
- Lars Anderson - I back out of signing Lars. He was asking for too much money. Besides, I think Ole and Arn can do well on their own.
- Steve Armstrong - Signed. For 9 months, $400 PPA.
- Terry Gordy - Signed. A short-term 3 month contract, $1400 PPA. Gordy adds another well-needed heel. His short contract would mean that he would probably be setting up one of the faces in the company for a huge run.
- Ricky Morton - Signed. For 9 months, $950 PPA. That gives me the Rock and Roll Express ready to run in GCW.
- Rick Gibson - Signed. For 9 months, $450 PPA. This allows me to run a 3-man team between the Gibson brothers and Morton.
- Ted DiBiase - Says he wants to concentrate on his MSW career. I'll let that slide... for now.

- Paul Ellering has signed a PPA deal with AJW. No need to worry though.
- Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, Jesse Ventura and Michael Hayes have signed with the WWF on PPA deals. The raiding has begun.
- Tully Blanchard said no to MLW and the WWF, staying loyal to SWCW.

Thursday, Week 2, April, 1983
Macon City Auditorium, Macon, GA

Advertised on card:

The Rock and Roll Express vs. Pat Rose and Les Thornton
Bruno Sammartino Jr. and Brett Wayne vs. The Road Warriors
Terry Gordy vs. Joe Lightfoot
Buzz Sawyer vs. Mr. Wrestling II

Pre Show:

- Arn Anderson defeated Rick Gibson in 8:16 by pinfall with an Anderson DDT. (C-) After the match, Arn celebrates inside the ring, trying to work the crowd a bit. (D-)

Show:

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Pat Rose and Les Thornton in 7:45 when Ricky Morton defeated Pat Rose by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (C)

- The Road Warriors defeated Brett Wayne and Bruno Sammartino Jr. in 2:35 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Bruno Sammartino Jr. by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (D+)

- Terry Gordy defeated Joe Lightfoot in 7:53 by pinfall with a Powerbomb. (C+) Gordy decides that having a good debut match with Lightfoot isn't enough, and beats down on him even more. (E+)

- Jake Roberts steps inside the ring, and talks about how he beat Ronnie Garvin in the middle of the ring last week. He calls out Garvin, and dares him to show up, but he doesn't. Snake runs his mouth a bit more about Garvin, and says that he's as yellow as all these rednecks out here in Georgia. (B+)

- Buzz Sawyer defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 12:43 by pinfall with a Top Rope Splash. (B+) After the match, Buzz Sawyer decides he wants more. Mr. Wrestling II powers his way out of a beatdown, however, and drives Sawyer out of the ring, to the delight of the crowd. (B-)

Attendance: 2000, Sold out!
Comments:

- Paul Elering, Buzz Sawyer, and Terry Gordy all arrive late to the show. They all receive warnings, but I doubt I can afford giving them more than that, considering their status in the company.

- Decent show, and it should boost popularity.

- The Spoiler is back from injury, he's ready to wrestle by Saturday.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-20-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:14 AM   #14
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Live Taping on TBS
Saturday, Week 2, April, 1983
Columbus Auditorium, Columbus, GA

Advertised on Card:

The Road Warriors vs. Steve and Brad Armstrong
Paul Orndorff vs. Terry Gordy
Buzz Sawyer vs. Mr. Wrestling II
National Heavyweight Title Semifinal: Tommy Rich vs. Larry Zybysko

Pre Show:

- Jake Roberts defeated Tim Horner in 8:02 by pinfall with The DDT. (B-)

Show:

- Stan Hansen cuts a promo with Gordon Solie regarding the result of tonight's match. Hansen says it doesn't matter who wins tonight, because it all comes down to who can win the Final. (B+)

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Italian Stallion and Randy Barber in 8:11 when Robert Gibson defeated Italian Stallion by pinfall with a High Dropkick. (D-)

- Freddy Miller walks out and interviews to the Express after their win. Ricky and Robert play up to their Teen Idol gimmicks, and work the crowd by saying that they're here to stay and here to play. (D)

- The Road Warriors defeated Brad and Steve Armstrong in 5:54 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (D+)

- Terry Gordy defeated Paul Orndorff in 7:47 by pinfall with a Powerbomb. (B-)

- Ronnie Garvin comes to the ring, and talks about Jake Roberts. Garvin says that if Roberts thinks he's good enough to beat him twice, he should come out here and face him one on one. (D)

- Jake Roberts walks out, and steps into the ring with Garvin. Roberts says that he can beat Garvin again, anytime, anywhere... but not tonight. Roberts says he'll meet Garvin one more time if Garvin beats a mystery opponent next week. (C)

- Mr. Wrestling II defeated Buzz Sawyer in 12:59 by disqualification. (C-)

- Larry Zybysko walks out before his match and starts berating the crowd, Georgia, the GCW, the NWA and almost everyone else. He calls himself the REAL World Champion, and says this tournament is nothing more but a formality. (B-)

- Larry Zbyszko defeated Tommy Rich in 19:31 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (B)

Attendance: 4661
TV Rating: 2.26
Comments:

- The Mr. Wrestling II / Buzz Sawyer rematch didn't go as I planned. I wanted to repeat their good match during the live show, but, unfortunately, the crowd didn't like the alternate ending of Buzz Sawyer being DQ'd.

- Jake Roberts' wrestling match SHOULD have been on TV, but I decided it was against the flow of his current storyline with Garvin. I guessed wrong.

- The main event was great, and the crowd loved it. Larry Z is the shiznit.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-20-2007 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #15
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Enjoying this thread. Adding it to my growing list of DOTT dynasty threads here at FOFC. Thanks for doing it.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #16
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

My strategy right now is to basically run dream match-ups for main events and train my young up-and-comers during the my Tours. My TV show is on national tv on TBS, raising my popularity across the board anyway. I will be running most of my storylines and main angles through the TV.

Thursday, Week 3, April, 1983
Fort Homer Hesterly Armory, Sarasota, FL

Advertised on card:

Buzz Sawyer and Terry Gordy vs. Paul Orndorff and Mr. Wrestling II
Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich vs. The Iron Sheik and The Spoiler
Larry Zybysko vs. Ole Anderson

Pre Show:

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Horner and McGraw in 17:43 when Ricky Morton defeated Tim Horner by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (D)

Show:

- The Road Warriors defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong and Steve Armstrong in 7:39 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Steve Armstrong by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (C-)

- Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich defeated The Iron Sheik and The Spoiler in 7:31 when Stan Hansen defeated The Iron Sheik by pinfall with The Lariat. (C+) After the match, Hansen and Rich celebrate in the ring and play to the crowd. (B)

- Jake Roberts is out and he talks about Ronnie Garvin having to prove himself this Saturday night. He says that he's found someone who's going to make sure to take Garvin out of his game. (B-)

- Buzz Sawyer and Terry Gordy defeated Paul Orndorff and Mr. Wrestling II in 7:36 when Buzz Sawyer defeated Paul Orndorff by pinfall with a Running Powerslam. (B)

- Zybysko is out for his match against Ole Anderson. He walks over to a gushing fan who asks for an autograph. Zybysko rips it apart and laughs at the poor fan. (B+) Ole Anderson is out next, and what do you know, he takes off his training shirt and hands it to the fan, who's going nuts. (B-) Larry Zbyszko defeated Ole Anderson in 7:31 by submission with a Guillotine Choke. (B-)

Comments:

- The RnR Express and the Road Warriors are exhausted, looks like I will have to let them heal up a bit. We'll see if they're available for Saturday's show.

- Of all things, Mr. Wrestling II is suffering from compacted earwax. What the hell. He'll need a night off, and he'll probably not be booked for our Saturday show.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-20-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Business:

- I sent out an offer to ICW to improve our relationship from a non-aggression stance to a working agreement, but they promptly decline. I'm disappointed, since I will have to run that company to the ground soon. Noone turns down the giving nature Jim Barnett. Specially noone from the Southeast and who's losing money fast.

- I managed to sign Adrian Street, a good worker with a very risque gimmick. This is going to be interesting.

Live Taping on TBS
Saturday, Week 3, April, 1983
Municipal Auditorium, Columbus, GA

Advertised on Card:

Ronnie Garvin vs. Mystery Opponent
Larry Zybysko vs. Paul Orndorff
Stan Hansen vs. Tommy Rich

Pre Show:

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Horner and McGraw in 7:42 when Robert Gibson defeated Tim Horner by pinfall with a High Dropkick. (D+)

- Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated Stallion and Starbuck in 7:48 when Arn Anderson defeated Mike Starbuck by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (D+)

Show:

- Gordon Solie opens the broadcast with the announcement of the Finals of the National Heavyweight Title happening next week on GCW's monthly supercard. Larry Zybysko vs. Stan Hansen for the biggest prize in Georgia! (B-)

- Paul Ellering walks out with the Road Warriors. He talks about how the Warriors have, time and again, defeated the famed Armstrongs. He calls out Bullet Bob and challenges him to a one on one match to finally put the nail in the coffin of the Armstrong legacy, right here, right now! (D+)

- Bullet Bob shows up with his sons, Brad and Steve. He says that Paul might have the muscle, but his boys are all-heart. He calls Ellering a no-good scumbag, and accepts his challenge! (C)

- Bullet Bob Armstrong defeated Paul Ellering in 4:52 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (c) After the match, The Road Warriors jump into the ring and attack Bullet Bob! Steve and Brad join in on the action! It's a six-man melee! It takes two dozen crewmen and security guys to break this up! (D-)

- Ronnie Garvin awaits his opponent. He says that he can beat anyone that Roberts puts in his way. He is, after all, the man with the hands of stone. (D+)

- Jake Roberts walks out, and he announces that he has found the one... man... to take Garvin out. He introdcues Adrian Street, a wrestler with the penchant for the, er... gender-bending disposition? Garvin can't believe his eyes, and just stares in disgust and disbelief. (D+)

- Ronnie Garvin defeated Adrian Street in 7:54 by pinfall with a Garvin Stomp. (B-) After the match, Jake Roberts tries to attack Garvin, but Garvin is quicker. He lays out Roberts and drives him out of the ring. Roberts curses his way back as Garvin celebrates. (C+)

- Freddy Miller is out and he talks about the National Television Title. He says that it will be held up for grabs at GCW's supercard next week, via a ten-man battle royal! (D-)

- Zybysko is out for his match. He talks about what an insult it is to have to fight the man Hansen beat to get into the finals. He says that Orndorff is a poor excuse for an opponent, and that he, as the REAL champion, will end this one quickly. (B) Larry Zbyszko defeated Paul Orndorff in 7:37 by pinfall with a Shoulder Breaker. (B-)

- Stan Hansen defeated Terry Gordy in 7:33 by pinfall with The Lariat. (A) After the match, Zybysko runs out and he and Gordy start beating him down. (B+) Paul Orndorff runs out and saves Hansen, clearing the ring of Zybysko and Gordy. The show closes with Hansen and Orndorff in the ring with the crowd cheering behind them. (B-)

Final Rating: C-
Attendance: 5000, Sold out!
TV Rating: 2.15

Comments:

- Damnit. I waste an A-match by advanced-booking the wrong person. I advertised Stan Hansen vs. Tommy Rich, and completely forgot, instead putting Terry Gordy in there. As it is, we still increase popularity all around the USA.

- The storylines all advance, and I'm looking to blow off the tournament and the Warriors/Armstrongs storyline at the supercard.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 08-20-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #18
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The big show is tomorrow night, so unfortunately, this week's stars on tour will feature the lower card wrestlers.

Thursday, Week 2, April, 1983
Robarts Arena, Sarasota, FL

Advertised on card:

- No advertised matches.

Pre Show:

- none

Show:

- Arn Anderson defeated Les Thornton in 7:34 by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (C+)

- Adrian Street came out to honky-tonk music and starts talking about how he was going to teach the "men" of GCW a lesson. The crowd hates him, although he was good on the mic. (D)

- Adrian Street defeated Brett Wayne in 7:58 by submission with a Sleeper. (C-) After the match, Street gyrates to his honky-tonk music to the horror of the males in the front row. (C+)

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Horner and McGraw in 7:52 when Robert Gibson defeated Tim Horner by pinfall with a High Dropkick. (D)

- Gordon Solie is out, and he brings out Thunderbolt Patterson. T-Bolt thanks the fans, and Jim Barnett for giving him one more shot at being the best. He says that he was given the chance to participate in tomorrow night's battle royal for the GCW Television Title. (C+)

- The Road Warriors defeated Stallion and Starbuck in 3:29 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Italian Stallion by pinfall with a Doomsday Device. (D+)

- The ring is then set-up for a press conference. Stan Hansen and Larry Zbyszko come out and sign their names on the fight contracts for tomorrow night at the GCW Supercard. They posture for the crowd at hand, Zybysko berates the crowd, and Hansen invites everyone to watch the show.

Final Rating: C-
Comments:

- The show hurt our overall popularity, it's our lowest rating yet. I would've expected it, considering that I wanted to give as much match time s to the big event tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:44 PM   #19
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Business:

GCW: The Battle for Georgia
Friday, Week 4, April, 1983
Civic Center, Atlanta, GA

Advertised on card:

- Precious Paul Ellering and The Road Warriors vs. The Armstrongs
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. Ronnie Garvin
- Ten Man Battle Royal for the National Television Title
- National Heavyweight Title Tournament Finals: Larry Zybysko vs. Stan Hansen

Pre show:

- Bruno Sammartino Jr. defeated Joe Lightfoot in 4:51 by pinfall with a Powerslam. (D)

Show:

- The Rock and Roll Express defeated Mike Starbuck and Tim Horner in 8:01 when Ricky Morton defeated Tim Horner by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. (D)

- Arn Anderson defeated Pez Whatley in 9:52 by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (D+)

- Paul Ellering and The Road Warriors defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong and Brad and Steve Armstrong in 12:22 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Steve Armstrong by pinfall with a Hangman's Neckbreaker. (D+) After the match, Paul Elering grabs Gordon Solie and says that The Road Warriors have finished off the Armstrong legacy, they want a real challenge now, and that they demand a match for the National Tag Team Titles against ANYONE GCW can put on their way. (C+)

- A video plays hyping Jake Roberts vs. Ronnie Garvin, which is up next. (C+) Jake Roberts is out, and he talks trash against Garvin. He says tonight, he puts an end to this. (B) Ronnie Garvin defeated Jake Roberts in 15:10 by pinfall with a Garvin Stomp. (B+) Having won, Garvin celebrates inside the ring, while Robers slinks away, promising revenge. (C+)

- Tommy Rich won a battle royal for the NWA Television Title in 20:18. The final four competitors also included Terry Gordy, Thunderbolt Patterson and Mr. Wrestling II, with Terry Gordy being the final elimination. (B-) The other competitors were Ole Anderson, Buzz Sawyer, The Iron Sheik, The Spoiler, Paul Orndorff, and Adrian Street.

- Stan Hansen is out for the main event. He works the crowd, and signs an autograph for a fan at ringside. (B+) Larry Zbyszko defeated Stan Hansen in 19:56 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Larry Zbyszko wins the National Heavyweight title. (B) After the match, Zybysko grabs a microphone. Hansen is exhausted. Zybysko says that he has said it from the beginning, he was the REAL champ. He taunts the crowd and says they all paid to watch him anyway. Zybysko kisses the title and raises it to the rowdy fans. (B+)

Attendance: 4107
Comments:

- The fans were turned off with the finish of tonight's main event. Stan Hansen wanted to win, but we basically did everything we could to keep him as strong a contender as he could be. The Tournament storyline is done with.

- The Warriors / Armstrongs storyline is also over.

- Roberts vs. Garvin II stole the show. That storyline is going along well.

- Good all-around event. I'm happy with it.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #20
Bee
Pro Starter

Just wanted to say I was enjoying the dynasty and hope you keep it going for a while.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:56 PM   #21
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

damnit. My laptop was acting up, and our office tech-guy basically told me to reformat it. I forgot to back-up my TEW files before I unlicesned the game and reformatted...so now I'm back to square one. Jeez.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 PM   #22
molson
General Manager

That sucks.

At least it happened relatively early on - I hope you give it another shot.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #23
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That sucks.

At least it happened relatively early on - I hope you give it another shot.

Yeah. Bah.

I will give it another shot, though.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

Please do? I was enjoying this tremendously.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote