Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #1
Bishop
Mascot

America's Post War Position?

Now I haven't read this as a possibility anywhere, just mainly a thought... though its been speculated by many I'm sure.

With the US not finding much in the form of WMD from reports, but reporting that it is possible that such weapons were there an looted has anyone given any thought to the fact that we could be greatly affected without ever being attacked by any of these?

For instance, SARS which started in China an has slowly crept its way over to our coast, It wasn't a bug that had anything to do with terriorism atleast that we're aware of, but it just shows how other countries can be greatly affected an never even touched.

If another germ was passed around that was created in Iraqi chemical labs, and possibly more deadly, it could start anywhere in the world and would still have a high chance of making its way here without us even knowing. Especially if its something that has common affects on a person, but gets worse over time.

So while we may have gave the Iraqi people freedom, We may have put ourselves and the rest of the world in an even more dangerous position because now we have no idea who has what, and what do they have.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Bishop : 05-12-2003 at 12:35 PM.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
Bishop
Mascot

Re: America's Post War Position?

Whoops, accidental dola.

Last edited by Bishop : 05-12-2003 at 12:34 PM.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
CAsterling
High School JV

Could give you a long and painful discussion using examples of Russian suitcase nukes, and various other examples to say that the US is no worse off than it was before, but heck its Monday, and I'm too tired for a serious discussion.

So my thought is - No, nothing really has changed.