Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2006, 05:06 PM   #301
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I see bek here so it should help some now with everyone checking in.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #302
Bek
High School JV

Im finally here after a long day...after working in the morning, i am just getting on know...i hope i will be able to catch up on everything that went on...good luck to all of us
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:14 PM   #303
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, Bek's here, so like I said, I'll change my vote.

UNVOTE BEK
VOTE BARKEEP49

Barkeep's been pushing for a lot of reveals that I disagree with.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #304
Bek
High School JV

Vote St Cronin
Old 06-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Pass by a lot of votes you mean 1? I've pushed for one reveal, that of the Ruling Class. Furthermore reveals are good. It was the reveals which won us the last game.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #306
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Or rather, reveals are often good. In this game I think they're of less value then others, especially with the neutrals. But reveals help to form circles of trust. And that is the time proven effective strategy for villagers winning the game.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #307
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So bek any thoughts at all?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #308
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I highly doubt we have multiple EGs...especially with the avatar a possible role based on player choice. Id bet money against it in my mind, as i feel the whole multiple thing applies to some of the other roles like favoured by the gods and what not. I might be wrong, but im playing under the assumption we have 1 EG this game

If we have one, and another reveals, can we be certain that's a fake?

I've seen the protagonists make many mistakes in WW games assuming that a role can't be held by more than one person.

Especially since:

Post 247, hoopsguy says:

Quote:
n terms of multiple holders of the role, the Pharoah can only issue his order to one person - he would not be able to issue two or more sets of orders in hopes that there are multiple parties. If an Elite Guard is moved off his protect by Pharoah's order he will be informed of this via PM.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a matter of fact, the more I think about this, the more it just seems like a bad idea, altogether.

Suppose there are two EGs, and the pharoah issues an order. One follows the order. Now, if the other reveals, honestly, then the pharoah would say, "nope" and we'd end up lynching an EG. The strategy would backfire and help the necros.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:32 PM   #310
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Pass by a lot of votes you mean 1? I've pushed for one reveal, that of the Ruling Class. Furthermore reveals are good. It was the reveals which won us the last game.

I was thinking of two -- for the ruling class, and the elite guard. Granted, the elite guard was something down the road. I wasn't in last game, but it just seems to me that reveals make targets.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #311
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hmmm...here and gone...I'm sticking with my vote
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:44 PM   #312
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just finished catching up with the thread, doesn't seem as random as most day 1's for some reason. However, I'm pretty sure Saldana isn't on the up and up

VOTE SALDANA
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:45 PM   #313
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Actually I'm not pushing for the EG to reveal at all. Only trying to ensure we don't get caught in a fake reveal.

Anxiety: With all the bad guys have going against them I don't think it's likely that there are two egs out there. Why SHOULD we suppose there are two egs? In your scenrario, sure it's not great. But is it a likely case?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #314
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually I'm not pushing for the EG to reveal at all. Only trying to ensure we don't get caught in a fake reveal.

Anxiety: With all the bad guys have going against them I don't think it's likely that there are two egs out there. Why SHOULD we suppose there are two egs? In your scenrario, sure it's not great. But is it a likely case?

Re-reading, you're right -- you weren't pushing for an Elite Guard reveal. I'm going to keep the vote out there, though, since it's the only thing that's really occured to me.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #315
Blade6119
Coordinator

UNVOTE ST.CRONIN
VOTE ANXIETY
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #316
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I don't have any particular reason for anything, but I'll vote the new guy

{b]Vote Bek[/b]

1st day voting stinks
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:55 PM   #317
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

er

Vote Bek

stupid typo
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #318
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well he posted a vote and then disappeared. Basically the same, I feel, as a nonvote.

Vote Bek
Old 06-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #319
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So with my vote I think we've started to see some consolidation. hint hint, nudge nudge.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #320
saldana
Pro Starter

qwik, the deadline is 10pm in eastern TZ, to answer your question
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #321
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Anxiety, lets follow out your logic a little further here and look at all possible scenerios..

A - 1 Guard
B - 2 Guards
C - 0 Guards

Now A.1 - 1 guard and we do this strat. When they reveal themselves later on, we can verify they are telling the truth. Win for us

A.2 - If we do not do this strat, and they reveal later on, we have no way to be sure if they are still telling the truth or not... We will say this is a Draw

B.1 - Person reveals they are a guard, we do this strat, but they didnt end up being the guard who got the ordered. They end up not being trusted, and we lynch someone that hurts us. Loss for us

B.2 - Person reveals they are a guard, we do not do the strat, the other guard reveals they are the guard, so we end up in a trust war, where likely end up still lynching one of our two guards. Loss for us.

C.1 or C.2 its a draw either way since it does not end up impacting anything..

So in my mind, it only benefits us to go with barkeep's plan here. I can't see any downside from it that wouldn't already be there in the case of multiple guards and a reveal.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:02 PM   #322
Blade6119
Coordinator

Chubby 7
dubb93 6
Lathum 5
kingfc22 5
Tyrith 4
Bek 3

He hasnt been all that quiet, comparitively. I just think you guys are making a move off hypocritic views of posting quantity
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #323
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is what I see as the current vote totals. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

St. cronin (4) - Anxiety (178), Schmidty (200), Chubby (227), Bek (304)
Bulletsponge (1) - Tyrith (196)
tyrith (1) - Kingfc (276)
Vince (1) - Coffee Warlord (220)
Dubb93 (1) - Saldana (248)
Tanglewood (1) - Lathum (256)
Bek (4) - Sndvls (266), Vince (285), Qwikshot (317), Barkeep (318)
Anxiety (2) - Alan T (275), Blade (315)
Barkeep (1) - Passacaglia (303)
Saldana (1) - dubb93 (312)
Old 06-19-2006, 06:04 PM   #324
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, dont take hypocritic the wrong way...just saying others are quiet too, no offense to anyone!
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #325
Tyrith
College Starter

My tally has it the same except that I'm counting bullet's vote for me at the moment. No votes are path, swaggs, and tangle.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #326
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Blade: That includes pregame activity. Bek has had NO game related activity besides the vote. Everyone else I see has at least posted a vote and a sentence or two.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:07 PM   #327
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
My tally has it the same except that I'm counting bullet's vote for me at the moment. No votes are path, swaggs, and tangle.
Bullets vote does not count in my mind...but this is what i mean. Everyone jumps on bek, when we have 4 non-voters right now...
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #328
Tyrith
College Starter

Right now I think everyone has just made way, way, waaaay too much out of the whole possibility of two EGs. Hoops couldn't come out and say that there would only be one because it would go against the nature of how he did roles, however, it seems unlikely there would be two because of the likelyhood it would unbalance the game later and the interaction with the pharaoh order. We shouldn't be making dollars out of pennies, here.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #329
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade: That includes pregame activity. Bek has had NO game related activity besides the vote. Everyone else I see has at least posted a vote and a sentence or two.
4 non voters(granted, bullet tried) should be looked at before bek to me. I think tangle and swaggs have done less then bek
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:10 PM   #330
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Anxiety, lets follow out your logic a little further here and look at all possible scenerios..

A - 1 Guard
B - 2 Guards
C - 0 Guards

Now A.1 - 1 guard and we do this strat. When they reveal themselves later on, we can verify they are telling the truth. Win for us

A.2 - If we do not do this strat, and they reveal later on, we have no way to be sure if they are still telling the truth or not... We will say this is a Draw

B.1 - Person reveals they are a guard, we do this strat, but they didnt end up being the guard who got the ordered. They end up not being trusted, and we lynch someone that hurts us. Loss for us

B.2 - Person reveals they are a guard, we do not do the strat, the other guard reveals they are the guard, so we end up in a trust war, where likely end up still lynching one of our two guards. Loss for us.

C.1 or C.2 its a draw either way since it does not end up impacting anything..

So in my mind, it only benefits us to go with barkeep's plan here. I can't see any downside from it that wouldn't already be there in the case of multiple guards and a reveal.
I would actually categorize C.1 and C.2 differently:

C.1 we do this strategy. Someone tries to do a fake reveal and we find out that they're a lying liar who lies. Win for us.

C.2 we don't do this strategy and it's a draw.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #331
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
4 non voters(granted, bullet tried) should be looked at before bek to me. I think tangle and swaggs have done less then bek
I would be amenable to Swaggs. Tangle I feel some sympathy for due to time zone issues and will cut a little D1 slack.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #332
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would actually categorize C.1 and C.2 differently:

C.1 we do this strategy. Someone tries to do a fake reveal and we find out that they're a lying liar who lies. Win for us.

C.2 we don't do this strategy and it's a draw.

You're right.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #333
saldana
Pro Starter

anyone have a way of getting a hold of tanglewood....he always misses the deadline on the first day...he never knows what time it is here, and then we always hold it against him, so if we start trying with 3 hours to go, maybe we can actually get him here before the deadline is past.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #334
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Right now I think everyone has just made way, way, waaaay too much out of the whole possibility of two EGs. Hoops couldn't come out and say that there would only be one because it would go against the nature of how he did roles, however, it seems unlikely there would be two because of the likelyhood it would unbalance the game later and the interaction with the pharaoh order. We shouldn't be making dollars out of pennies, here.
I agree 100% with this post. KISS is an excellent way to look at WW and has guided me well.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #335
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree with this, and since it seems to me that Anxiety has been pushing this idea the most:

Vote Anxiety

It's really the only thing I have to go on right now. I don't think quiet posters on day 1 are as bad as if it continues into days 2 or 3. There's so much that is unknown at this point that speculation just for the point of posting can create as many red herrings as helpful leads.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #336
Bek
High School JV

sry that i have been on and off today...the toilet and i are making good friends...i do have some ideas...i dont see a need to reveal roles this early in the game...we should be voting for those that havent been logged in today...

Unvote St Cronin

Vote bullet
Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 PM   #337
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
sry that i have been on and off today...the toilet and i are making good friends...i do have some ideas...i dont see a need to reveal roles this early in the game...we should be voting for those that havent been logged in today...

Unvote St Cronin

Vote bullet
Ive been supporting you until this one. Bullet was around and voted, just incorrectly. Really, its swaggs and tanglewood with no votes yet, bullet just needs to re-post his vote.
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 PM   #338
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So interestingly enough, Bek moving his vote now makes him leader for the lynch.

Bek - 4
St. Cronin - 3
Anxiety - 3
Bullet - 2
Lots of others - 1
Old 06-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #339
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I show one difference from Alan T's votes post above - Cronin voting for Schmidty. Here is what I have listed as of Post #336:

Cronin - Anxiety (178), Schmidty (200), Chubby (227)
Schmidty - Cronin (195)
Bulletsponge - Tyrith (196), Bek (336)
Tyrith - Kingfc (276)
Vince - Coffee (220)
Dubb - Saldana (248)
Tanglewood - Lathum (256)
Bek - SnDvls (266), Vince (285), Qwikshot (316), Barkeep (318)
Barkeep - Passacaglia (303)
Saldana - Dubb (312)
Anxiety - Alan T (275), Blade (315), Path (335)

Bad vote - bulletsponge (216)

I'm hoping that Bullet comes back to update his vote (include both VOTE and the NAME in bold) before the deadline.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #340
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd be up for a shift to Swaggs, BTW. Still plenty of time before lynch.

Oh kind moderator could we have one of your (in)famous vote counts?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #341
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd be up for a shift to Swaggs, BTW. Still plenty of time before lynch.

Oh kind moderator could we have one of your (in)famous vote counts?
Id swap to swaggs as well, but on your second point isnt the post above yours a vote count from hoops

Hoops, can you include no-votes in your list in the future by chance?
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #342
path12
Coordinator

If Blade switches to Swaggs I'd be willling to also, since at that point the Anxiety vote is wasted. But I leave in about 6 minutes so it'll have to be soon.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #343
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok. So I can't read. I thought it was someone other than hoops doing the vote count. My bad.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #344
Blade6119
Coordinator

Fair enough

UNVOTE ANXIETY
VOTE SWAGGS
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #345
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To get the ball rolling then

Unvote Bek
Vote Swaggs
Old 06-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #346
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Damn you blade. I was supposed to get the change of votes in their first You weren't even in the thread according ot the thing when I submitted
Old 06-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #347
saldana
Pro Starter

just to weigh in on the elite guard conversation, since i realize i have been in and out of the thread twice without actually contributing...i think it is highly unlikely that there are 2 or more EG's...that would unbalance the game significantly if you consider the fact that there are other ways of being protected at night (favored by the gods, scarab of protection, protected by the avatar) it just seems to me that given all those ways of protecting players, and that there is only a 50% chance of a kill on an unprotected player, that it would tilt the scales to far to us if we had more than 1 guard
Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #348
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Damn you blade. I was supposed to get the change of votes in their first You weren't even in the thread according ot the thing when I submitted
My evil plan worked then, the plan to undermine barkeep at every corner
Demotivation
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #349
hoopsguy
General Manager

To update the voting, I show only Swaggs and Tanglewood on the "Not Voted" list at the moment. I'll have all future vote updates tonight include that info.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #350
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Building off the reasons saldana just mentioned I think it more likely for their to be no EGs than 2.