Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2003, 07:54 AM   #1
TroyF
Coordinator

EP3

http://www.bygames.com/downloads.jsp

one of the mirrors. It's going fast for me now. Who knows how long that will last. . .

TroyF

TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:56 AM   #2
Critch
lolzcat

Yik, 45mb. Thank goodness I'm no longer on dial-up, I'd be here for weeks.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

The 45Mb version includes the data update and the smaller one contains simply the patch itself (and no new data).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 08:29 AM   #4
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Cool! My weekend is officially shot.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 10:36 AM   #5
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

LOL

I'm quite please with EP#3, its polished up a lot of the rough(er) edges in the game and ironed out a lot of the tuning issues ....

We'll still be collating feedback though and releasing EP#4 at some stage in the future though
Old 05-09-2003, 11:57 AM   #6
bbor
Pro Starter

What is the Data update?

Sorry...i'm a moron

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:29 PM   #7
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
What is the Data update?

Sorry...i'm a moron

Records the latest player moves and injuries and such.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:32 PM   #8
Craptacular
College Starter

What is EP3?
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
What is EP3?

Enhancement Pack 3 for CM4. Better known as the newest patch.

Todd
Old 05-09-2003, 12:50 PM   #10
Craptacular
College Starter

I figured it was something CM-related since MV posted, but I always love when people use abbreviations with absolutely no context. Now I must go work on my CMS and HAR evaluations.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 12:52 PM   #11
RoastDuck
Mascot

OK. I'm at my second pre-season game after upgrading to EP3, 15 minutes left, winning 3-1, I make several substitutions and return to the game in progress only to find my 3-1 lead has become a 1-1 draw.

I know the SI guys have had a lot on their plate but this is one heck of a bug to remain after 3 enhancements. The game remains unplayable for me, I wish I held on to my receipt.
RoastDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:08 PM   #12
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RoastDuck
OK. I'm at my second pre-season game after upgrading to EP3, 15 minutes left, winning 3-1, I make several substitutions and return to the game in progress only to find my 3-1 lead has become a 1-1 draw.

I know the SI guys have had a lot on their plate but this is one heck of a bug to remain after 3 enhancements. The game remains unplayable for me, I wish I held on to my receipt.

This is with the new patch???

ouch....

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:12 PM   #13
Karim
College Starter

Yes. It has been stated that the score-changing bug will be fixed in EP4.

I'm not a programmer but MV has mentioned it took a while to isolate the bug and then they needed to create some new stuff as well, so it wasn't possible to include in time for EP3.

I'm not being a SI apologist, just reporting what I read at their boards. I'm playing with Telford, so this bug doesn't really affect me.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 01:30 PM   #14
RoastDuck
Mascot

Quote:
Originally posted by Karim
Yes. It has been stated that the score-changing bug will be fixed in EP4.

I'm not a programmer but MV has mentioned it took a while to isolate the bug and then they needed to create some new stuff as well, so it wasn't possible to include in time for EP3.

I'm not being a SI apologist, just reporting what I read at their boards. I'm playing with Telford, so this bug doesn't really affect me.

Thanks Karim, I missed that info.
RoastDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 02:13 PM   #15
Sloan
High School JV

This may help with the score changing bug. From the SI forum:

During the development of EP3, we worked very hard to track the Score Changing issues reported here. Whilst we didnt find the true cause, we did create a command line option that would we believe remove the chances of this happening. The reason we didnt make it default in the game is that it will add a little bit of slowdown to your matches and we didnt feel that this would be suitable for some of you

You can either run this from the command line

cm4.exe -safe_match

or change your shortcut target. For example the target when you right click on the shortcut would resemble

"E:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\CM4\cm4.exe" -safe_match

Let us know how you get on with this!
Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #16
rufusjonz
Banned

Exclamation uefa cup ends in 2007???

The UEFA Cup stopped in mine in 2007. It's 2017 and I just got Sheffield United in the UEFA, and there is no tourney!! BUMMER

Just noticed this, is this fixed in the new EP?

Moby
rufusjonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've only been following this from a distance so far, so I know I'm probably asking something obvious here, but let me make sure I've got this straight -- You're playing a game, stop to make subs or whatever, and the score just ... changes? Umm ... exactly how often does this happen to people?
Old 05-09-2003, 04:23 PM   #18
TroyF
Coordinator

Jon,

Some people have it more than others. I, for one, have never dealt with it. I sub every game and check stats at half time. I guess I'm just lucky.

Just in case, I always save before a big game or after a big transfer signing so I can go back. Knock on wood. . .

TroyF
Old 05-09-2003, 04:23 PM   #19
Easy Mac

well, I've gone through a season with an A-league and MLS team, including playoffs, and I have yet to have it happen to my team. So after something like 60-70 games it hasn't happened to me. But it seems to be fairly common from what I hear.

Do I have to start a new game, or is it advised? It just takes like an hour on my machine to actually get 1 league setup and going... damn slow computer, arrive faster new one, arrive.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 04:45 PM   #20
Critch
lolzcat

Before using the latest patch I'd had the score change bug happen 3 times in about 8 seasons of play. It's fairly rare, but that doesn't make it any less annoying when it happens, believe me.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #21
klayman
College Benchwarmer

I only had it happen once...down 3-1 against Newcastle, ended 2-2...so I wasn't really complaining
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 06:44 PM   #22
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
I've only been following this from a distance so far, so I know I'm probably asking something obvious here, but let me make sure I've got this straight -- You're playing a game, stop to make subs or whatever, and the score just ... changes? Umm ... exactly how often does this happen to people?

On our test machines it happens approximately once every 100,000 matches or so ... and isn't repeatable in 'test' conditions for some reason.

As has been indicated we have put in a fix which unfortunately we felt was too slow for a cure-all, but will help anyone who finds the problem happens on their machines noticably.

I am still beavering away trying to find a fix which will keep things nippy (or simply to speed up our current fix) and am confident that one will be present in EP#4.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:54 PM   #23
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
I figured it was something CM-related since MV posted, but I always love when people use abbreviations with absolutely no context. Now I must go work on my CMS and HAR evaluations.

Going Limp...
HAAARRRRRRRR!!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:54 PM   #24
rufusjonz
Banned

CM4 patch

The "change score" bug seems to happen 1-2 times a season for me... and almost always goes against me in a big game it seems.

First impressions of the new patch: With a saved game, it froze up, also tons of injuries (there were too few injuries before tho).

What about my UEFA cup question?????? See earlier....

Moby
rufusjonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 10:43 AM   #25
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Anyone go through the MLS draft?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 11:58 AM   #26
Easy Mac

illinifan,
i am actully a few days before the combine right now, i went on holiday before i went to bed. i'll report in a few minutes about it

as a side note, no awards for the mls have been given out for the prior season. no coach of the year, player of the year... i'd be kind of pissed if they weren't given out. and the prior year doesn't show up on my teams history, even though they won the league, although the fans have already given out their player of the year.

also, not nearly enough players changing teams each year, every team is basically the same as last year, which never happens.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:18 PM   #27
3ric
College Starter

Count me in among the people that never have experienced the score changing bug, I've must have played about 10-11 seasons with two separate games (one EP1, one EP2).
Old 05-10-2003, 01:05 PM   #28
Easy Mac

while the draft does work, i think there are definitely ways in which it can be improved.

1. the players in the draft all range from 16-19 in age. I'd say most players in the draft in real life range from 18-22, which 5 or 6 being 16-17.

2. the draft logic has a way to go. the first 2 picks in the draft were defense, and none had tackling above 1, nor did they have any defensive ratings higher than 8. I had the 3rd pick and got the guy who was by far the best pick in the draft, almost every single rating was above 10, and he was a defender. Overall I probably got 3 of the best 4 players in the draft.

I'm not really sure how teams drafted their players, as the choices just boggled my mind.

3. along the same lines, the combine stats are pretty much useless, and for marginal players (98% have no higher than 5 in any key stat for their position) there is no way of telling if anyone is going to be any good. There NEEDS to be a potential rating here, because there is no way to tell if a player may/may not be good. While it may be a crapshoot in real life, it is definitely a bigger one here.

Overall, a nice addition to the game, but it needs to be fine tuned some so that it is actually useful.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #29
aquavit
n00b

After playing EP3 yesterday I have to say that I'm looking forward to EP4. CM4 is getting close.
aquavit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:04 PM   #30
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Well, I've been playing a lot of CM with EP3 for the last couple days, and I'm afraid I've encountered a heavy run of injuries again. I didn't have any problems in the preseason, but now in my last three games I've lost 3 of my 4 first team strikers, each for a month The shitty thing is, they each went out with injury during a match, but I never was given any indication they were injured while playing. Their stamina didn't drop below normal levels and the commentary never said anything about it. I'm having a good time playing the game, but it still seems that, while the actual number of injuries is about acceptable, the lengths of the injuries may still be a problem.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 08:08 PM   #31
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ice4277
Well, I've been playing a lot of CM with EP3 for the last couple days, and I'm afraid I've encountered a heavy run of injuries again. I didn't have any problems in the preseason, but now in my last three games I've lost 3 of my 4 first team strikers, each for a month The shitty thing is, they each went out with injury during a match, but I never was given any indication they were injured while playing. Their stamina didn't drop below normal levels and the commentary never said anything about it. I'm having a good time playing the game, but it still seems that, while the actual number of injuries is about acceptable, the lengths of the injuries may still be a problem.

i've been playing a bit on EP3 now and i'm just about finished with my first 'real' season and i haven't seen too much of an injury problem. I'm getting lots of guys out for a few days or a week or 2 weeks. A few for a couple weeks to 2 months, but i expect that. Training could be the problem with the injuries, i've tweaked mine quite a bit and now i have my assistan handling it
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #32
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I only had one huge injury, and that was Razov tearing a cruciate ligament after a two footed challenge. He is now attending rehab and will be out for 8 months. The injuries aren't what have me worried.

Now I'm no expert, but this is a little weird.
I'm the Chicago Fire.
The Italian Serie A, and EPL have finished thier seasons.
Liverpool finished 4th, and promptly fired their coach. Roma finished third and almost immediatly fired thier coach. Inter who is second, has their coach listed at very insecure. Man these chairmen want results.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:27 PM   #33
TroyF
Coordinator

Illini,

I can tell you, as someone who likes to manage Inter when I want to go for the silverware, the pressure is intense at a big club. The chairman and the supporters want results. Last year I was 6 points behind the leader (Juventus) with 8 games left and the supporters were pissed.

TroyF
Old 05-12-2003, 09:48 PM   #34
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
Roma finished third and almost immediatly fired thier coach. Inter who is second, has their coach listed at very insecure. Man these chairmen want results.

Check out the Serie A coaching carousel in real life; its basically the same as this. Inter's coach IRL, Cuper, will likely be gone this off season because he couldn't win the title, despite a Champion's League place.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:04 PM   #35
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Does EP 3 include all the updates from EP 1 and EP 2 as well?
Old 05-12-2003, 10:07 PM   #36
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldenEagle
Does EP 3 include all the updates from EP 1 and EP 2 as well?

YES!!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:25 PM   #37
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Jeez, had no idea about the Italian series being so rough.

One thing though that I kind of enjoy.
Whenever I look at Montreal/Toronto/Calgary of "The American Second Division" it always says for the nation-United States.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:27 PM   #38
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by illinifan999
Jeez, had no idea about the Italian series being so rough.

One thing though that I kind of enjoy.
Whenever I look at Montreal/Toronto/Calgary of "The American Second Division" it always says for the nation-United States.

haha

that one took me a minute
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote